- Text Size +

 

The former Michael Novotny followed Brian and Justin at a distant pace, knowing she was taking a risk but unable to stay away now that she knew without a doubt Brian's soulmate had finally entered his life. She knew it was destined to happen, although she had always believed he would remain uncaring; treating the blond as his standard fuck - as he always did. For the first time, she realized she had made a grave error in placing this escape clause into the curse. After watching him closely tonight with Justin, she realized the duration of the curse was very much in peril. He could not fall hopelessly in love with Justin, more importantly, he couldn't make that sacrifice of a loving heart... allowing Brian to find happiness without her would be total devastation. She would kill anyone who stood in her path.

 

She watched shrewdly as Brian's back tensed, almost knowing a hidden evil to be present... one that he couldn't yet see or identify. Partly, she welcomed that he could feel her presence... while the more logical side told her that she put her plans at risk; also in maintaining her control over Michael, along with the upcoming possession of the soon to be dead Ethan Gold. What an easy soul Michael had been to overtake... so pathetic in his desire for Brian, so simpering and weak. She had hovered for weeks before she had secured possession of Michael. She watched and waited for her opportunity to strike. The night Brian used his power to mentally control Michael was when she made her move. As Brian had released him, she had possessed Michael.

 

She had seethed in anger, resentment, and uncontrollable jealousy as she watched Brian maneuvering everyone just so he could have a clear shot at Justin. Brian had never exhibited such desire... nor so much intent to have a man as he did with Justin. How she hated the blond, even more so knowing that she couldn't touch him physically. However, she could use the insipid Ethan to do her bidding. And she had such plans for the fool. She smiled as she thought of the nights to come. She would use Ethan to handle Brian's soulmate, the only soulmate he would ever have. Once, Justin was handled... Brian would at long last be completely hers.

 

It may take a little bit of time, largely depending on the mental strength of the blond. Melanie further surmised the boy couldn't possibly be weak-minded if he was the true soulmate of Brian Kinney. She inwardly cackled with her plans. She would drive the boy insane with dreams of death and despair... finally leading him to take his own life. Unfortunately, it couldn't be done by her hand, or by the body she was inhabiting... but it could be done by his own hand, which were her exact intentions.

 

Justin Taylor must die - the sooner the better. Only then would things be as they should be... with Brian hopelessly alone - forever cursed, exactly as it was meant to be. When Brian irrevocably lost Justin, and he was broken... she would go to him, reminding him of what he had lost and would never reclaim again; then she would convince him that they were meant to be together - for all eternity.

 

Eyes darkened with hate as she watched Brian place his hand on Justin's back, leading him up to the steps of his apartment, she vowed: Oh yes, Justin Taylor... soon you will die, and then Brian will be mine. I will never allow you to have him.

 


 

Brian forced himself to shake off the cold feeling of foreboding that traveled up and down his spine, realizing he was exactly where he wanted to be right now. Within moments, Justin would invite him inside... he would see to that. And following that invitation, Brian could freely enter anytime he pleased. Brian could feel his cock twitching anew, thinking of coming inside anytime he wished... watching Justin as he slept, entering his dreams again... participating as he watched Justin touching himself at his express command. Oh yes, he needed that invitation... and he would have it.

 

Justin stopped to look at Brian as he was turning the key into the lock, giving Brian a soft smile as he stammered nervously, "Umm, this is it, Brian. I... ah, guess I had better go inside."

 

"What's the rush, Justin? Surely you are not running from me?" Brian asked, with a husky purr in his voice, crowding into Justin's own personal space, determined to have his invitation and so much more.

 

"No, of course not, Brian. That would be silly when I asked you to walk me home," Justin hedged rather unconvincingly.

 

Brian reached up to stroke away the hair that began falling into Justin's eyes, intent on luring him... using whatever means necessary to garner his invitation. With a soft, yet gravelly whisper, Brian coaxed him, "Invite me inside, Justin. I promise I won't stay... if you decide otherwise. Trust me... didn't I keep my promise in the backroom tonight?"

 

"You did, and we both know you could have taken advantage of the situation if you had wanted," Justin admitted.

 

Brian nodded, turning his lips downward, before growling, "Don't credit me with any form of chivalry, Justin. I wanted to take advantage of the situation... and you quite urgently. But I keep my promises."

 

"That was proven tonight. I may be inexperienced, but I do know when a man wants me. You left no doubt about that," Justin said with a slight flush.

 

Brian's eyes darkened at Justin's words, before he spoke in a hushed tone that was as soft as a whisper, "Invite me in, Justin."

 

Swallowing nervously, Justin made the only decision Brian intended to allow him to make. Opening the door, Justin smiled at him, "Come inside, Brian."

 

"Thank you, Justin. I would be delighted," Brian smirked in triumph, following closely behind his prey.

 

Justin closed the door, grimacing at the appearance of his small studio apartment. He knew it wasn't much to look at, most certainly not to a man such as Brian Kinney. He watched Brian closely as he looked around with an expression that almost bespoke of awe. He began to hastily pick up clothing that he had tossed about, eyes falling on his guest to see Brian's amazement as he looked closely at Justin's art. Finally, Justin's words stumbled out, "Sorry, this place isn't much. But it's effective for what I need."

 

"Nonsense, Justin. It suits you, well excluding the clothing tossed about haphazardly. Being tidy is always a good thing," Brian mock scolded him.

 

With a salute, Justin snarked, "Yes, Sir... Mr. Kinney."

 

"Mr. Kinney? Sarcasm, little boy, could land you into more trouble than you can begin to comprehend," Brian said as he forced his eyes away from the detailed, yet simplistic painting of a park, overwhelming in light and colors, in the background of the tranquil scene was a woman pushing a small boy on a swing. Finally, Brian spoke his thoughts, "This is so ordinary in relation to the setting, but with your imagery and color, you bring this scene to vibrant life. You have a remarkable talent, Mr. Taylor."

 

Blushing from what Justin knew to be uncommon sincerity in Brian's voice, he whispered, "Thank you, Brian. Most of my work is at the gallery in preparation for my showing... I am just trying to add to my 'collective' work before then. I am very nervous about it. I really hope I'm ready for this."

 

"From what I see here... you are more than ready. In fact... I have a little proposition, one that could be very lucrative should you accept it," Brian said, focusing his warming eyes once again entirely on Justin, seeing his opportunity, killing two birds with one stone, as it were.

 

"Proposition?" Justin asked warily.

 

Brian moved toward Justin, his eyes beginning to glaze with the thoughts of how this could benefit him. Justin began to back up, watching Brian's slow, stalking approach, soon finding his back against the door... his breathing quickening seeing the hunger and purpose in Brian's gaze. Brian reached his fingers up to lightly stroke on Justin's full lips... ones he remembered with sensory bliss how they had felt broken open under his own. Lust glowing in his eyes, Brian all but hissed, "You are so fucking beautiful, you distract me without any effort. What you do to me is beyond any normal understanding."

 

"Not unlike what you do to me," Justin mumbled under his breath, his eyes downcast and not seeing the predatory look that passed Brian's features at the revelation, oblivious to how a weakened prey only spurred the savage beast inside. Raising his eyes to meet Brian's almost hunting gaze, Justin murmured, "Umm, what is this about a proposition?"

 

"Yes... let's discuss that. Business before pleasure... with my intention of so much pleasure to be following very soon. It's very simple. I wish to commission a portrait of myself for my home. Call me egocentric, I don't care... It's something I have always considered but never found the appropriate artist. I will pay you $5,000 for the painting. There are two catches to this arrangement..." Brian said, moving in for the kill.

 

"5,000 dollars? That's too much!" Justin exclaimed in complete shock.

 

"Not at all. If I waited until after your showing, your rate would most likely be so much higher. Your talent is impressive, Justin... and when the right people see your work, I have no doubt your world is about to change," Brian said almost with regret.

 

"I hope you're right, but I will remain objective until then," Justin laughed, trying to shrug off Brian's compliments, unable to admit to the towering and all too tempting man just how much his praise meant to him. Frowning in confusion, he asked, "You said something about two catches... exactly what do those entail?"

 

"Very simple, Justin. I wish for you to begin tomorrow evening, and most importantly - I want the work to be done in my home," Brian answered with unflinching intensity, determining for this to be the stepping stone to fulfilling all of his desires.

 

"What's wrong with my studio? It's all set up for me to work," Justin murmured in protest, intuitively knowing being in Brian's home could and would make his weakening resolve even more permeable.

 

Brian smiled knowingly, as he moved in closer to link his arms around Justin's waist... pulling him tightly against him. With a low raspy voice, Brian whispered, "Don't fight me on this, Justin. Save the battles for something much more important. However, think of it logically... my home makes sense to create the proper background for the portrait; seeing me in my home setting should make the artist in you create me more realistically."

 

"Okay, you're right. I will come to your house. In the first sitting, I would primarily only do sketches, to get a feel for the portrait. Many artists don't wish the subject to see the product before its completion, but in this case, I would like your thoughts before I commit to painting. You should be more than satisfied with the finished piece, most especially considering the price you are paying for it," Justin told him seriously, trying to block out the kneading fingers around his waist... the eyes that were slowly trying to lure him in once again.

 

Brian pushed his body closer against Justin's... slowly until they were flush together. He removed one hand from around his waist, trailing it in slow motion up Justin's back, until latching it behind the blond's neck. He looked at Justin, with eyes full of lust and need... and a blazing hunger Justin couldn't begin to understand, his own eyes helplessly lured into the deep enticing depths. So close that his breath gently caressed Justin's lips, he growled, "I have no doubt that I will be very satisfied with everything you have to offer, Justin. In fact, everything you give only serves to make me want so much more."

 

Breathing erratically, Justin whispered, "Maybe you just want too much."

 

"Oh never, my sweet boy. Everything is the only reality that is acceptable where you are concerned. Everything is precisely what I shall have," Brian hissed, as his mouth lowered to smash down upon Justin's with devouring intent.

 

Justin moaned the exact moment their mouths connected, causing Brian to inwardly smile, instinctively knowing this adorable boy was soon to be his. Nothing and no one would divert him from this course.

 

Brian returned the moan with one of his own, primal and ecstatic in sensory bliss as his hands slid down to cup the soft flesh of Justin's ass - the most perfect ass Brian had ever fondled in his three hundred years of living. Nipping at Justin's bottom lip, Brian demanded entrance into Justin's mouth, determined to explore it once again completely. The taste of him earlier in the backroom had been far too brief for his liking... he wanted more. He would have more. He would have it all. Anyone who dared try to stop him would suffer the same fate as Ethan Gold. Brian's purpose was absolute - nothing was more important than claiming this blond.

 

Claim him he would. With any luck - it would be tonight.

 


 

Ethan took another dose of NoDoz trying to keep sleep at bay. For how long, he didn't know. He only knew he needed to try, if only long enough to figure out what the other voice had meant... the voice that had been far more sinister than the one of the monster that he had come to know in Brian Kinney. Was there a way to stop it? Could he fight Brian's will? Shaking his head in understanding of his position, Ethan knew that wasn't going to happen. Ever since the night Brian had gained control of him, he had been nothing more than a puppet to do his bidding.

 

Why did Brian keep releasing his mind to allow him the opportunity to agonize over what was to come... and his inability to fight him? Ethan knew the answer to his question without a doubt. Brian was toying with him, letting him weave in and out of awareness, knowing how vulnerable and helpless he had become... how he could do nothing to stop him. How he couldn't deter him from his path toward Justin... the obvious reason he had been doing all of this.

 

Justin, he thought with a curl to his lip... this was all his fault. If only Justin had listened to him... stayed far away from Babylon, Brian Kinney's wicked and savage playground - this would have never happened. At this moment, Ethan hated Justin with a passion... almost as much as he hated Brian. Hate or not, he also feared Brian... although, not as much as he had the other voice he had heard tonight.

 

Running a shaking hand through his hair, Ethan paced the floor of his shabby apartment trying to think of some way to stop his imminent demise. He didn't want to die tonight, and he most certainly didn't want to be the ghost to haunt Justin's dreams. As much as he hated Justin right now, and without question his hatred was blazing for his former boyfriend... he didn't want to be the cause of his ultimate destruction, no matter if he felt Justin had caused his own.

 

Then his eyes landed on his wallet thrown on the bedside table. He had Brian's number. Brian had slipped it into his pocket when he had been giving him instructions. Ethan went to flip through the cards inside, finally his fingers touching the one he needed. He smiled in relief. Yes, I still have it. I will call Brian... appeal to his better nature... if he has one. I know he wants Justin, he wouldn't want to do something that could hurt Justin. And I know the owner of that voice had every intention of hurting Justin.

 

If Ethan was certain of anything, he believed Brian would not want any harm to befall Justin, at least until he had taken his fill of him. And Ethan had a feeling that would be a long time in coming. Never had he seen such possessive eyes focused on one goal. Brian didn't just want to fuck Justin... he wanted it all. Maybe it was the connection Brian had forced on Ethan, but he knew one thing for certain - Brian intended to own Justin. Mind, body, and soul.

 

With hands that were still shaking, Ethan picked up the phone to dial, hoping this worked - that Brian would see him, and more importantly, that he would listen. He knew if Brian stopped what he had decreed to happen tonight, it may only be temporary... but it would be a start; from that beginning, he hoped he could find a way to survive this mess. And maybe if he was extremely lucky... find a way to steal Justin right back - once and for all.

 


 

Brian's tongue was administering stabbing motions into Justin's open and welcoming mouth, mimicking the thrusting his cock so ached to do within the perfect ass he had nestled in his hands. He released his deep penetration of Justin's mouth to whisper in a husky voice, one that dripped of nothing but pure hot sex, "I want you so fucking bad, Justin. Stop denying what we both know that you want... what you need. Give in to me, NOW!"

 

"Who wouldn't want you, Brian? You have to be the hottest thing on two legs that ever walked the Earth," Justin answered in a fluid purr that shot straight to his cock.

 

"Mmmm, that voice... those 'fuck me' eyes, you are fucked now, boy. Soon to be indeed as well," Brian snarled as he began to pull Justin over toward the bed, with the obvious intent of taking exactly what he wanted.

 

As Brian was about to push Justin down onto the bed, a loud humming was heard from his pocket. Justin chuckled in nervous excitement, as he teased, "Seems like someone else wants you too."

 

"Don't worry about that, blondie. I will take care of this quickly," Brian answered with a malicious glare toward his phone, eliciting a quiver within Justin, causing him to pity the poor unfortunate ill-timed caller.

 

Flipping it open, seeing an unfamiliar number, Brian hissed, "This had better be important."

 

Brian arched an impatient brow, waiting for the caller to speak... followed by heavy breathing, and no speaking forthcoming. Instantly, Brian sensed who was on the other end, annoyed and amused. The pathetic fool thought to beg for his life, Brian thought to himself. With a low, controlled voice Brian rasped, "What do you want?"

 

Still, Ethan remained silent, terrified and frozen immobile by the menace in Brian's voice.

 

"I know who this is... tell me what you want, or your situation could become much worse," Brian snapped in irritation, making certain not to give away to Justin who he was speaking to, noticing Justin's eyes widening as he watched Brian in his most savage mode, infinitely pleased that it wasn't causing Justin to recoil. Oh yes, Justin truly is special, he thought... if Brian believed in fate - he would think he had been destined to find Justin. But of course, he didn't believe in such lesbian ideals.

 

"Uhhh, yes... sorry, Brian. I - umm need to see you. Immediately. It's an emergency, I swear," Ethan stammered in fear, just the sound of Brian's voice garnering that helpless feeling within him.

 

"I'm afraid now isn't a good time. I suggest you get some sleep... a very long rest," Brian murmured with an evil chuckle.

 

Ethan gasped in terror, before attempting to continue on, "No... that's the problem. I can't go to sleep, and after what I have to tell you, I think you may not want me to either."

 

"Okay... I'll bite..." Brian returned, as he laughed at Ethan's quick intake of breath, fully displaying his fear to him.

 

Swallowing with difficulty, Ethan stammered to say, "I... uh, well after you did what you did to me, another voice came to me loud and clear... and so very evil."

 

"Another voice? What did it say?" Brian asked, his eyes still hungry upon Justin, while his mind was focused on what Ethan was trying to tell him, his body tense and alert now... and not in a good way.

 

"It told me not to reveal you to Justin... that I would become the specter of Justin's dreams, following my death... that I would do their bidding, lead Justin in the direction they wanted him to go," Ethan answered with a fright that was growing deeper... one that suddenly pierced Brian with his own haunting reality.

 

Between clenched teeth, as he forced his eyes and mind away from devouring Justin, he snarled, "I will be right there... in the meantime, stay awake."

 

Flipping his phone closed, he looked toward Justin with a look of infinite regret, affirming this was only a minor delay... one that would only exist for tonight. Brian grasped Justin's chin in his hand, as he turned his eyes to meet his own, ones so fierce with unfulfilled longing, as he whispered, "Sadly, I must go. Get some rest, Justin. I will look forward to seeing you tomorrow evening... for my sitting, and for what I hope to be so much more..."

 

Following one more swift claiming of the blond's lips, Brian quickly extricated himself from the temptation that was simply defined as Justin Taylor. With one last long lustful glance in Justin's direction, he vaulted toward the door, determined to settle this problem once and for all.

 

As he moved at his true speed toward the apartment of Ethan Gold, he was filled with determination and understanding as well. It was some knowledge he had never believed was possible to achieve... but the return of his nemesis could mean nothing else...

 

So, you have finally returned for me, Melanie... thinking to stop what you had proclaimed to be my true fate. Ah, thank you for that, you wicked bitch. That tells me without a doubt... Justin is the one. He was born to save me... born to be bonded to me. I will never stop until I am one with him, and your powers of destruction will be defenseless... and you know it... don't you, witch? Brian laughed aloud with his thoughts, before whispering into the air so softly only the witch's presence that stalked him could hear, "Thanks so much for the insight into why Justin continues to become more important to me."

 

An insane cackling flooded Brian's head as he heard his evil tormenter's voice, one he had not heard in three hundred years. Shrilly she rasped, "Think what you will, Brian. I will never allow your curse to be broken.  I have waited centuries for this moment... and I will destroy him, as I will you in the process. You will never escape me. Never!"

 

Brian should have been quaking in fear, but he was anything but fearful now... for the first time in three hundred years. "On the contrary, bitch. The knowledge you have given me has further empowered me. I will not only win. I have won."

 

TBC