- Text Size +

 

Brian grudgingly allowed Lindsay to pull him away from Justin's apartment for one simple reason. He had no choice - Justin rescinded his invitation. As he walked down the steps of the brownstone, Brian's gaze kept pulling back to the entrance as if willing the blond to come out, further willing his limitations to be changed.

 

Clenching his fists in helpless fury, Brian walked silently beside Lindsay... inwardly thinking of how he could change the balance - once he had that boy alone again. He simply had to wait until Justin was out of the safety of his home and then he could take him. Brian smiled to himself. Take him he most assuredly would. Lock him away until he listened to all he had to say - and then they could pick up exactly where they left off.

 

As they approached Lindsay's car, she looked at him assessingly; intuitively knowing the wheels that were turning in Brian's mind and realizing she had to stop her friend from falling into destructive choices. There was far too much to lose now... and Brian needed to understand it. "Brian, I know what you're planning - and you need to stop this pattern now."

 

"Planning? Whatever do you mean, Linds?" Brian responded coldly, uncaring if his friend knew or not... nothing would deviate him from his path to once again secure Justin.

 

"You have to allow Justin the opportunity to find his way back to you. Forcing situations that he is not ready for will backfire on you drastically," she harshly advised.

 

Brian laughed, before he answered, "That's priceless. You are telling a vampire to practice patience. By your admission, I have waited centuries to find him - do you really believe I am going to wait for him to miraculously forgive me?"

 

"You have to if you want to end this curse and be with him," she snapped as she opened her car door. "Holding him captive will not give you his heart."

 

"Perhaps I don't require his heart... and that's beside the point. Having him chained to my side will keep him safe. Living here - without me being able to enter - he is NOT safe," Brian whispered angrily.

 

"He will be fine for now, Brian. The ring prevents Melanie from touching him... and as you have dealt with Chris Hobbs - that threat is resolved as well."

 

"That's bullshit... and we both know it. Your sister can possess anyone's body that she wishes in order to get to Justin. The only place he is truly safe is in my home - and you know that to be true," Brian needlessly reminded her.

 

Lindsay nodded in understanding. "I realize he would be safer there, Brian... but he would rebel against you - possibly even harden his heart. If that happens - you will never be able to defeat Melanie."

 

"So, you suggest I just do nothing. That's just not me," Brian snarled.

 

"Not nothing exactly, dear friend. Remind him of what you have shared so far. Let him see how much you want him. In time, I believe he will accept that you did what you felt you had to do - understand that your reactions are part of your nature that you have little control over," Lindsay continued to urge him.

 

"Pretty little speech, Linds - in theory, anyway. But answer me this - how do I practice that if the boy won't let me near him?" Brian returned in frustrated anger.

 

Lindsay arched her brow, looking at Brian in a surprised expression of disbelief. "Brian, you are joking, right?"

 

"Does it appear as if I am?" Brian asked, scowling fiercely.

 

She laughed lightly before the humor faded from her face, to change into one of the utmost seriousness. "Brian, simply stated - it can't have escaped your notice just how much of an impact you have made on Justin already. Despite the hard truths he has just been forced to learn - he still won't be able to resist his pull toward you for long."

 

"I don't think we have the same boy in mind. Apparently, you didn't see the despair and disgust on his face. He wants nothing to do with me," Brian growled in hostile anger.

 

"He was shocked, Brian. He had no warning of what you told him. And remember he is human - with a sense of right and wrong that seems very strong. It's my feeling that he doesn't want to pull away... it appears to me that he is merely attempting to do what he feels is right," she answered. Looking at him shrewdly, with a playful smile she reminded him, "Don't forget - you are Brian fucking Kinney. How could the boy ever forget or resist that?"

 

Brian nodded and shrugged indifferently, as if accepting such words to be his due. "You're right. I am irresistible. Mark my words, Lindsay. I won't wait long for him to come around. If he doesn't do so quickly - I will make it happen."

 

"Try to imagine how you would feel in his position. Give Justin some time. I know that he will come around. Trust me, Brian... this boy cares for you more than you can possibly realize," Lindsay answered, her eyes glowing in the knowledge of the love she knew Justin held for her dear friend.

 

Brian curled his lips under, his eyebrow-raising as he watched Lindsay's simpering expression. "I need to go and plan my strategy... and most importantly, I need to remove myself before you become all lesbianic on me."

 

"Oh, I know... a fate worse than death - for certain," Lindsay chuckled, with a dramatic eye roll. "But yes... you do go on. Perhaps feeding your primal hunger will take some of the edge off."

 

"Yes, I do need to feed. However, only one thing will take the edge off - and that's having that boy back in my bed. Where he belongs," Brian returned with a resounding hiss. "I'll be in touch, Linds."

 

"Goodnight, Brian. Try to remember the connection you share with Justin. Don't do anything to further damage it. He will return to you. Soon. I just know it."

 

"I will try... but I can't make any guarantees," he answered with a terse nod, before stalking off into the night.

 

Lindsay shook her head with a mixture of sadness and joy flooding her heart. Her friend was so obsessed and captured by his soulmate. Patience would be unlikely at best. And if she was feeling the vibes correctly coming from Justin's apartment, he was going to do something reckless to further challenge Brian's control. Poor Justin - so tormented in his knowledge about Brian - yet hopelessly drawn to him as well. How far would Justin go to make a statement to Brian? One to attempt to falsely convince his vampire lover that he didn't want or need him. If he did what Lindsay felt he was about to do - Brian's animalistic passions would be next to impossible to control.

 


 

Hours later, Justin gave up all attempts at working, even less, in thinking he could go to sleep. He felt as if his heart and soul had been violently wrenched from him. Brian... always Brian - almost from the very moment they had met. Why couldn't he get the man out of his head? Especially after what he had done. He understood that Brian had primitive and violent passions - ones that he accepted that he might have little control over - but to go to the lengths he had gone to remove Ethan permanently from his life? How could he in good conscience ever let that go?

 

Chris Hobbs - now that was a different matter entirely. Justin could see where Brian had thought he had to do that to ensure Justin's future safety. Right or wrong, he had killed Chris to protect him - but Ethan had been pointless and cruel. Justin knew he had never loved Ethan, nor had he truly wanted him - and Brian in his highly tuned intellect had to have known that. That had been jealousy at its worst - and for no reason. Justin seethed that Brian had so uncaringly taken Ethan's life, all to further advance his desires. Ones that would have been achieved without the evil measures he had taken.

 

Realistically, Justin knew his harsh dismissal to Brian probably wouldn't last. Brian was the most irresistible man on earth - and he knew it. If Brian decided to pull out all the stops to get Justin back - he knew he would be helpless. Even now, filled with rage and betrayal, he still wanted Brian. He further surmised he would always want Brian. Who wouldn't? However, Brian needed to suffer. He needed to learn a lesson about so coldly overtaking other people's lives. Most importantly, even if he was a vampire, he needed to accept that human life was precious. But how could he go about accomplishing that?

 

Justin smiled as a plan began to take root. He knew it was foolhardy - it could have dire consequences. Yet, he was tempted beyond belief. He just hoped it wouldn't be the cause of another innocent casualty.

 

Brian was outrageously jealous regarding him. That gave him a very useful tool in putting the primitive vampire in his place. Justin only hoped it wouldn't explode out of control. His decision made - regardless if he was doing so in error - Justin dressed in the tightest jeans he possessed, along with a shimmery, blue shirt. A combination that he knew would be very noticeable at his chosen destination.

 

He went into the bathroom, ran a brush through his hair, brushed his teeth vigorously, splashed on some cologne, then critically checked out his appearance. He smiled at the result. Yes, he looked damned good, he thought. Brian would notice him right away, of that, Justin was certain. But he wouldn't be allowed to touch him. Slipping into his coat, he pocketed his keys and wallet before locking the door and heading down the steps of his apartment - with one goal and destination in mind. Unbeknownst to Justin, a pair of kind and knowing eyes watched him from across the street, saddened to be proven right and hoping that it wouldn't emerge into an even larger disaster.

 

Justin was elated with his plan. Driving Brian crazy with jealousy - knowing that he could no longer have him - but that Justin could extend that privilege to another lucky man. And where else to execute his plan than at the thumpa thumpa of Babylon? Brian's personal playground. Oh yes, tonight you will see what you have lost, Brian. You'll see what you are powerless to take, unless I choose otherwise. Granted, Justin realized Brian would most likely wear him down... but for now, Brian would suffer. He deserved to suffer for what he had done. Justin knew he would have to watch Brian closely and make certain he didn't harm an innocent. He hoped that Brian would remember what the first incident had cost him, and force the primitive impulses under control.

 

If Brian managed that - this plan would be effective. Unable to react, Brian would go crazy with jealous rage. As Justin approached the long line leading into Babylon, he thought, how poetic: the lion mastered by the cub.

 

Justin smiled as he finally reached the front of the line. He extended his card to the guard that was allowing entrance, whose demeanor suddenly appeared agitated and nervous. "Mr. Taylor? You shouldn't be in line. I thought I explained that to you the last time; you are to be admitted immediately."

 

"It's okay. I don't mind waiting," Justin smiled, as he watched the other bodies, coming and going from a very busy Babylon.

 

"Oh no, it's not good at all. Mr. Kinney wouldn't be pleased," the man continued in concern.

 

Justin frowned, hating the stab of emotion he felt at the mere mention of Brian's name, before he snapped, "I'm sorry. I realize you are only doing your job. However, Mr. Kinney's wishes do not really interest me. Now, may I go inside?"

 

"Yes, of course. Enjoy your evening, Mr. Taylor," the man answered nervously, looking away and back toward the crowd, wisely not wanting to become further involved.

 

Justin headed to the bar, giving a smile and nod to the familiar bartender. He wondered how long it would be before Brian was informed of his arrival - if Brian was even here. Justin knew he needed to secure company quickly before Brian took the matter out of his hands entirely. He ordered a beer as he observed the crowded room. From the dancing, gyrating bodies, Justin thought it shouldn't be too difficult at all. Taking a long sip, Justin smiled as he caught the eye of two men in the middle of the dance floor, the lights shining down upon them, accenting their hard bodies. Each of them quirked a brow at him, one beckoning to him with a curl of a finger.

 

Placing his beer on the bar, Justin slowly moved out toward them, thinking this had to be just perfect. Justin allowed himself to be sandwiched between them, each of them beginning to touch him - their eyes clouding with lust for him. Justin's eyes flickered around, hoping Brian was present or would be soon. He had the feeling these two would be looking to be more private with him very quickly. Without Brian as an audience, it would all be for nothing. A pleasurable interlude, perhaps... but it wouldn't satisfy his need for restitution. In his estimation, Brian writhing in jealousy would be the only result to accomplish that.

 


 

Brian walked aimlessly through the park, having just fed from his third victim after leaving Lindsay. One hunger satisfied... yet another one still raging inside of him. Justin. He needed Justin. He smiled to himself in the realization that he felt lost without him. Never had he felt so alone as when Justin had forced him out. Eyes burning with rage, he thought savagely: You won't keep me out indefinitely, Justin. You will always be mine.

 

"My goodness... someone is very hungry tonight," a voice rasped from close behind him, one that momentarily diverted his mind from Justin and toward the curse of his existence.

 

Turning around, his back tensing from the moment he heard her voice, Brian hissed, "Melanie. I've been expecting you to reveal your despicable self to me."

 

"Charming as always, my sweet Brian," she purred, stepping closer to him.

 

"I'm not your anything... now or ever. I would have thought by now you would have gotten that through your head," Brian snarled.

 

She cackled with evil intent. Circling him slowly, her eyes moved over him in heated longing. She reached out, running a finger down his chest, whispering to him, "You could end this all, Brian. Come with me and I will leave Justin alone."

 

Brian snatched her hand, flinging her away ferociously, causing more laughter to fall from her deceptive lips. "You are a fucking liar, Melanie. You - leave Justin alone? You will never do that... for you know what I know - he is the one."

 

"He has abandoned you, Brian. His tiny human mind cannot accept you as you are. He is too pathetic to embrace your violent passions. He is unworthy of you. I will never allow you to be happy with him," she hissed, her fingers outstretched like talons toward him. "You lost him tonight. Now, you have no choice but to accept your destiny - with me."

 

"You are a deluded and hopeless bitch. With or without Justin I will never be with you. Accept it and move on... or face the consequences. Don't forget I am not alone here, Melanie. I have the information to bring about your destruction... and when all is prepared - I will do precisely that."

 

Melanie's eyes burned with rage as she advanced even closer to the object of her obsessive love. "My sister doesn't understand the true depth of my power. But she will, Brian. Oh yes, she will."

 

"You are a sick monster, Melanie... and completely delusional. You have lost. Accept it. Leave this place now before events continue to destroy you forever. This is your only warning," Brian growled.

 

"I will accept only one thing, Brian. Perhaps I will never have you... but I will be sure that you are never happy with him. I will not stop until he is dead. Once he is gone, you will have an eternity to mourn your lost love - knowing you could have saved him. Then, your destruction will be complete," she cackled evilly.

 

They both tensed as mocked applause sounded from behind them. Lindsay walked toward them, her eyes in cold contempt as she faced her younger sister, before flickering them softly at Brian, satisfying herself that he was unharmed. "It's the end of the line for you, dear sister. I won't allow you to continue to threaten these two."

 

"There is nothing you can do, Lindsay. I would advise you to stay out of my business," Melanie spat out, eyeing her sister maliciously. "He has already lost. Justin has cast Brian aside. It's finished for them."

 

"That's where you're wrong, Melanie. Justin's words came from deep pain. However, he still cares for Brian very deeply," she said, dismissing her sister's words as insignificant. Looking toward Brian, she was forced to make a decision she had hoped to avoid. "Brian, I want you to forget what I told you previously."

 

Melanie's eyes fired as she watched them, intuitively knowing where this was heading... seething in rage, as she would be powerless to stop it with Lindsay stalking her every move. Desperately she kept her fierce stance between them, rasping out, "Don't listen to her. It's over. The boy doesn't want you."

 

Ignoring Melanie completely, Brian asked, "Forget what exactly?"

 

"Justin is at Babylon right now... intent on driving you crazy in a jealous rage. He knows you can't react as you did with Ethan or you will risk pushing him further away."

 

"He's with a trick - now?" Brian exploded in what was nothing short of primal fury - shaking in a jealous frenzy; all but oblivious to Melanie's mocking laughter.

 

"Actually, two of them. But relax; they are just playing with him on the dance floor - for now," she smiled.

 

"Does he intend to let them fuck him?" Brian snarled, hating how the thought was sending twinges of pain into his dead heart; unknowing that both witches felt it as well. One of which was inwardly glowing with the knowledge - the other one fuming in murderous intent.

 

Lindsay smiled, moving to Brian's side. Shaking her head, she answered, "No, I don't think so, darling. He wants to make you hurt as you have hurt him... and what better way to achieve that?"

 

"I need to get to Babylon - now," he growled savagely. "But you said I should forget what you said previously..."

 

Looking at her sister coldly, she answered, "Yes, this bitch has changed everything. We can't risk Justin's safety, not knowing who or what she will use to get to him. Do whatever you need to do to secure him."

 

Brian smiled in understanding, his eyes looking on Melanie with hatred, then back toward Lindsay with grateful acceptance of her words. Nodding, he spoke, "I think we know just the place, don't we? One that is impenetrable by this immoral bitch."

 

"Exactly, Brian. It might take longer for Justin to come around... but she has forced our hand. Go to Babylon and claim Justin... make him safe. Then we can continue our plan to rid ourselves of her, once and for all."

 

TBC