- Text Size +

 

Justin cautiously preceded Brian into his home, suddenly realizing this might not have been the wisest of choices. He walked around nervously as Brian secured the doors, obviously making the statement that he and they were in for the night. He had to wonder if he insisted on being allowed to leave - would Brian agree with his request? Raising his eyes to a slowly approaching Brian, he had his answer as he viewed the hot determination within his gaze. Swallowing deeply, Justin asked with trepidation, "So... now what happens?"

 

"Well, we could always adjourn our conversation to the lower quarters of my home..." Brian rasped, eyeing Justin with overtly blatant hunger.

 

"There's no way I'm going downstairs with you... to your bedroom," Justin spat out. His eyes narrowing in growing alarm at Brian's predatory gaze, Justin said in warning, "Stop looking at me like that, Brian!"

 

"Like what, sweet boy?" Brian purred, slowly circling his prey, waiting for the precise time to pounce.

 

Closing his eyes, forcing himself to focus on all that was wrong between them... and not the incredible pull he felt toward this man, he succinctly answered, "Like you're waiting on your opportunity to devour me. It's not going to happen, Brian."

 

"Isn't it? Oh, Justin... I forget how inexperienced you are sometimes; I'd imagine it comes from moving in the circles I frequent. Such innocence is not the norm in my world," Brian mused, as he reached out to trail his fingers through Justin's blond hair. "But I can't allow you to delude yourself, Justin. I am allowing you to control the pace. Never think in your wildest imagination that I am not in total control here. I can take you any time of my choosing. Or do you seek a reminder? Will that make you feel better in your eventual surrender, because if that's all it will take - I will more than happily accommodate you," Brian snarled, his eyes red and glowing from his need to possess him once again.

 

Jerking his head backwards, Justin took a precautionary step back trying to distance himself from Brian... knowing something had to distract him quickly before he set out to do exactly as he just forewarned. Clearly seeing the fire burning in his gaze, the harsh line around his lips, Justin knew this was no idle threat. "Uhhh, Brian... that won't solve the problem. We both know that you can make me want you. For that matter, you can make any man desire you."

 

"I don't want just any man... and you know that. I want you... over and over again. Which in itself is a profound revelation. I don't fuck anyone more than once, in life or death. And yet... I desire you, my every waking moment. I scoffed at this soulmate connection when Lindsay first explained it to me... however, now I do not. You were meant to be mine, Justin Taylor. It's something that is bigger than either of us. I won't admit that I always like it... but it exists no matter how either of us feels about it," Brian growled, his eyes fastened on Justin's plump, juicy lips.

 

"I don't like it... not at all, nor can I dispute what you say. I just don't know if I can resign myself to this violence that can erupt within you at any given time," Justin said, his eyes sharp and fastened on Brian.

 

"Justin, I can't say that I won't ever react to my rage again. All I can do is promise that I will try to stay under control. I can say in all honesty I have never attempted to do that for anyone..." Brian whispered, his gaze unflinching in his determination to get through to Justin.

 

Justin smiled, shaking his head in amazement. "It's so difficult for me to remain angry at you... but this is not an easy matter to let go of. I just don't understand how you thought that killing Ethan was okay to do. And I don't see any way you can explain that away."

 

"I can't explain it away, Justin. All I can say is I was driven at the time by my lust and need for you. I was overcome by jealousy. A human emotion that I have no experience with - undoubtedly nothing to draw on in order to effectively neutralize it. In my defense, and I realize I have precious little of that - he goaded me exceedingly, continuously taunting me that I would never have you... that you would never grow to care for me. Once I snapped and made the decision, my rage was irreversible. There was no going back."

 

"I can fathom that Ethan may have pushed you in certain instances... but to so heartlessly kill him; how do I just shrug that off?" Justin asked, not wanting to admit that he was looking for a reason to let it go so he could be with Brian... but knowing that was exactly what he was doing.

 

"I am no longer human, as you well know, so I can't answer that in a way that will put it in a neat little package for you. All I can say is this: I didn't do it for some primal need to kill. I was eaten with this jealousy that I didn't and still don't understand. I am never jealous... but with you, I am exceedingly so. Even tonight, watching you with those tricks I wanted to rip them apart. Justin, don't intentionally provoke anger within me, as I may not be able to control it the next time," Brian replied in surprised amazement, that he had managed to control himself.

 

"Are you aware that I proceeded to tell everybody that you belonged to me," Brian asked? "I don't think you understand certain aspects about me, Justin. What happened in the backroom is not me either. I don't go down on anyone in public... nor am I ever fucked!"

 

Awareness suddenly falling upon Justin's face, he observed, "Ahhh, that explains the looks we were receiving. The legendary Brian Kinney was going down on a trick."

 

"Stop right there, Justin. Don't ever refer to yourself as a trick. That I will not tolerate," Brian hissed in reaction, causing Justin to flinch under the anger in Brian's eyes.

 

"Sorry, Brian. I don't see myself like that. Not ever. It's just a way to explain how they would have perceived what happened between us. I guess I figured you didn't do it often... but I didn't even consider that it was something that has never happened," Justin said in total bewilderment of what Brian had displayed to the world.

 

"They are nothing. However, that was a first. I have never sucked off a man at Babylon... they line up to service me," Brian replied cockily.

 

Justin smirked answering, "I'm sure they do. Has anyone ever fucked you in public, Brian?"

 

Brian looked at Justin incredulously. "I have been fucked two times - total. Both times when I was alive, just to experience what that burn feels like. I am a top... not a bottom. First, last, and always."

 

"I guess that explains much... and follows with your dominant demeanor. But Brian... you do understand that in a real relationship - providing that you actually want one - give and take is required."

 

"Justin, is that your - not so subtle way - of asking me if you can fuck me?" Brian smirked, moving directly into what limited space Justin had been allowed to maintain. Reaching up, Brian trailed his hand down the side of Justin's face, whispering softly, "Well, if that's what it takes to further convince you of my complete regard for you, let's just resolve that here and now."

 

Justin looked at Brian warily, before asking, "What do you mean, Brian?"

 

Brian caught Justin's hand within his own, fire blazing in his eyes, before he gave the offer he had never extended to another human in his entire life as a vampire. "Come downstairs with me, Justin. Fuck me - right now."

 


 

Lindsay laughed in an attempt to shrug off Melanie's accusations... unsure of how best to handle this situation. "That's completely ludicrous, Melanie. Justin Taylor is twenty-one years old, with a birth family... and very much human. That's not even possible."

 

"I don't say that I understand how this came to be... but I do think that you do, sister. I would love to hear all about it. But perhaps I should just make contact with my brother instead," Melanie taunted her menacingly.

 

"What do you mean? Justin is in Brian's home now... you are unable to enter," Lindsay reminded, fishing for exactly how much Melanie had now deciphered.

 

"I know that... thanks to you," she spat out viciously. "However, if he is my brother, I can speak in his mind... and you know that. Granted, I cannot harm him. He is a warlock... his power supersedes ours. Unless, of course, he doesn't know. If that's the case then I am fully capable of destroying him."

 

"Have you forgotten the curse, Melanie? Brian's soulmate can't be harmed by a supernatural creature," Lindsay reminded, hoping Melanie wouldn't realize what she had omitted.

 

Melanie laughed shrilly, before responding, "You don't think I'm fool enough to fall for that, do you, Lindsay? The curse stated - a human soulmate is incapable of being destroyed by a supernatural being. However, that's not the case here, is it? Justin is not human. If for whatever reason he has not claimed his powers... he is defenseless... and I can kill him. And there is nothing you can do to stop me. But about the ring - it's all a hoax, isn't it, dear sister?"

 

Lindsay glared at her sister with hatred and murder burning within her eyes. "You are a fool. The power Justin holds within him can strike either or both of us down... and you want to fuck with him? However, it doesn't matter. I love him and I will protect him."

 

"So, you admit it! Justin Taylor is our brother..."

 

"Yes, damn it. He has been in a protective bubble for centuries. He does not know who he truly is. The ring has been my link to him. When it's removed and destroyed his powers will be realized... and then I have no doubt he will destroy you. Why wouldn't he when you are the demon that we had to hide him from for all of these years?" Lindsay hissed in total fury that she had been forced to reveal this secret before Justin even knew, or was ready, to embrace his complete destiny. "If you have any sort of self-preservation remaining, you will spend your time devising a way to ingratiate yourself to Justin - for all you have not only attempted to do to him - but Brian as well."

 

"It no longer matters, Lindsay. Brian is a dominant force. He will never be able to commit to a man more powerful than him. As soon as Brian sees Justin's powers in action... they will be finished. And then finally, things will be as they should be."

 

"You are so fucking delusional. It doesn't matter what happens with Brian and Justin... he will never want you. Ever. However, I wouldn't count on knowing Brian's reactions. He loves Justin. He will never walk away from him. Isn't it beautiful, sister? Brian and Justin will be together, forever - both of them forever young - and Brian won't have to turn Justin, in order for that to happen."

 

Melanie's eyes glowed with insane hatred, as she hissed out, "Don't count on it, Lindsay. All I have to do is lure Justin out of that house and finish it all. I will use the lure of my whispers and he will be incapable of resistance. Then, our long-lost brother will indeed be dead... as he always should have been."

 

"I don't think so, you vicious bitch! As we speak, Brian has just taken Justin down to his lower-level - impenetrable by anyone - even sound. As long as they are down there - he won't hear you. It ends tonight, Melanie. Everything is now complete," Lindsay goaded her sister.

 

"Complete how? They have not professed their love for each other... nor has Justin forgiven Brian," she sputtered doubtfully.

 

"Oh, but you're wrong. Brian has just offered himself to Justin in a manner that portrays his love for him... and Justin has forgiven him. The circle is now complete. Next, Justin will begin his transformation. You have lost, Melanie. Accept it and leave now or face the wrath of our soon-to-be empowered brother. Choose wisely, dear sister, in what could be one of the few choices you have left," Lindsay cackled in excited glee, as she moved away toward Brian's home, intent on protecting Justin until the hour of his awakening... which undoubtedly would be tonight.

 

TBC