- Text Size +

 

Brian smiled as he made the call that he knew placed him in firmer control of his destiny. A call he hadn't wanted to make, however, present circumstances made it so he needed to proceed with a more aggressive approach. Being beholden to a supernatural... and a witch, at that, was never a good place to be, but in this case, he felt comfortable to do so. Not only was this witch not interested in men, but she was also a good friend as well. The time had come to protect what was his... in addition to what he determined to be his, whether it was claimed yet or not.

 

"Brian, how nice to hear from you..." came the answer, before he was able to speak.

 

"Good evening. I hope you are well, my dear," Brian spoke in response.

 

"Well enough, of course, it's just so dull here..."

 

"I think I might be able to liven things up for you. I have a need for your special skills... if you could be so kind..." Brian prompted.

 

Her eyes widened in concern, but she masked it with a flippant manner, "Really? You, the all-powerful Brian Kinney, need my help?"

 

"Very much so. I have told you my backstory. The worst has happened... the witch has returned," Brian all but snarled.

 

"Oh... how interesting. The Pitts are turning into a haven of supernaturals. I am intrigued. Okay, Brian... what do you need?" she asked cautiously.

 

"A question, primarily. Is there a spell that you can put on a place that can prohibit a witch from entering?" Brian asked. Adding with clarification, "Along with the body the witch is attempting to gain access."

 

She laughed, before answering, "Well, of course, Brian. That's actually very basic."

 

"Can you place one on my home?"

 

"Yes, but... if you don't have something physical that belongs to the witch, it will have to be a spell that will block any supernatural from entering your house. I trust you don't have anything?"

 

Scowling he answered, "No, I don't... nor would have I held onto anything that belonged to her. I utterly detested her, as I do now."

 

"Okay. Not a problem. Outside of myself, I don't see many supernatural beings here... so it should be fine. We can always meet somewhere else in the event we need to do so," she theorized, not telling Brian she was more than adept at keeping only Melanie out. At this time, not wanting to divulge the personal connection between herself and Mel.

 

"Excellent. I owe you one, Becca. Can you meet me there in one hour?"

 

"Yes, that will give me time to gather what I need. If the witch has possessed the body of one that you trust... you will discover that quickly should they visit," she advised him.

 

"How will I know?" he asked, thinking it wasn't likely, since so few had been given entry to his home.

 

"When they try to enter, they will feel physical pain, and the force of the spell will repel them away from the entrance. You will notice it instantly."

 

"That's good then. If she is revealed in that manner, she will be forced to find a new vessel."

 

"Exactly, on the other hand though, I'm sure she will become much more vicious having her plans thwarted... and she could kill the body she is possessing if she so chooses," she warned.

 

Shrugging in disinterest, he replied in boredom, "That's of no consequence."

 

Laughing in delight, she answered, "Such a cold bastard. Why couldn't you have been a woman?"

 

"Glad that I'm not. I wouldn't know what to do with a vagina," he said, shuddering at the thought. Before adding, "And I wouldn't feel so comfortable in my friendship with you either."

 

"That's one thing you don't ever have to worry about, Brian. Okay, I'll see you in an hour. I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish with this... in regard to her, but I'm sure you know what you are doing."

 

Smiling, Brian answered, "I know this doesn't stop her... but it does keep her out of my home, and anything I place inside to use or destroy as I wish."

 

"True enough. I would be on the alert, my friend. Most likely your witch has overtaken a body that is among your inner circle of friends. Keep your eyes open. Talk to you soon, Brian."

 

"I'm always cautious... thanks again, Becca."

 

As Brian headed up the steps to Ethan's apartment, he smiled with malicious intent... Oh yes... this solves a great deal, my friend. That damned witch will NOT control my actions... nor who I fuck, feed on, or kill. Knocking sharply on the door, he continued to smile when Ethan opened the door... his eyes widened in unspeakable terror. Rightly so, Brian thought. For he had every intention of carrying out Ethan's death... exactly as he had planned.

 

"Invite me in, Ethan..." Brian spoke hypnotically to the dazed and fearful Ethan Gold.

 

Opening the door wider, Ethan invited, "Please come in, Brian."

 

Stepping inside the meager apartment, Brian looked around in extreme distaste, before saying with a curled lip, "Precisely the living quarters I would imagine you to have... now, let's cut to the chase, Ethan. Your call was extremely ill-timed. I was on the precipice of reaching such a happy place."

 

Just thinking of how his delicious blond had been surrendering himself made Brian want to throw Ethan down, drain him dry... and rush back to Justin to claim what was his, as he enjoyed the pleasures of the boy he ached to possess more than anything he had ever known.

 

Eyes flickering, as Brian partially relaxed the control of his mind, Ethan hissed out, "I'm so sorry to have intruded on your plans with my ex-boyfriend... on the night you have decreed to be my last!"

 

"As apologies go... that wasn't much of one. However, I will be magnanimous and accept it in consideration of your extreme stress. Also, how can I be anything less than grateful for the delectable prize you have given me..." Brian taunted.

 

Never learning his lesson, Ethan brazened on further, "I didn't give you anything. You stole it from me... that being said, you will never truly have Justin. It's all based on a lie... he will never love someone like you."

 

"Fool," Brian harshly snarled, his fangs immediately extracting, as he moved toward Ethan with menace and purpose in his cold, dead eyes. With a feral growl, Brian clipped out, "Mind your words carefully... I am a moment from ripping your jugular out with my teeth - allowing you to bleed to death slowly... and oh so painfully."

 

Trembling in fear, Ethan stammered, "I- I'm sorry, Brian. I'll do whatever you want... Please don't kill me."

 

Brian looked down on his pitiful display, his disgust for the man reaching new heights, as did his displeasure that Justin had ever been attached to this worthless little worm. But he would not be a problem for much longer. Piercing him with his unflinching, mesmerizing gaze, Brian told him, "You will accompany me. You will not resist me or any of my commands. You will follow me now."

 

Ethan's eyes, unable to look away from Brian, answered in a monotone reply, "Yes... I will come with you. I will do everything you ask."

 

Brian smirked to himself, as he lured Ethan away from his apartment... en route to his home that would soon be completely impenetrable by the plague of his existence. And then... he could dispose of this vermin exactly as he pleased...

 

Once they had arrived back at his very secluded home, Brian showed him to his room... the last one Ethan would ever see. Once inside, Brian shoved him with force, applying very minimal strength to hurl him halfway across the room. Brian slowly began to advance toward the cowering form that huddled near the wall, watching with wide-eyed intensity the approach of his captor. Ethan began to whimper and plead in broken sobs, "Please... Brian, don't do this. Let me live. I'll do anything you want. I can go away... far away, never to be seen by you again."

 

"I'm afraid it's no longer that simple, Ethan. Not now that the witch has found you. I will not allow her to use you to interfere with my plans. I am so close to having everything I want... nothing and no one, human or immortal will stop me now," Brian snarled, as he stared down at Ethan with primal fury.

 

"Fine, whatever... I know nothing about this witch... but the voice said I was to haunt Justin's dreams after my death. Think about it - if I'm alive she can't use me," he rushed out, trying to convince an unswayable Brian.

 

Brian laughed shortly, "That won't stop her. Sorry, Ethan... my plan will continue as I previously ordained. I have made certain she can't get to you. Now... just lay down, and resign yourself to your fate. It will be over very soon."

 

"You are a heartless monster. I hope this demon that wishes to torment you destroys you slowly. No matter what - you will never have Justin's love. If that is your goal... you have done this for nothing," Ethan whispered as he faced down Brian's wrath.

 

Eyes flaring a bright, glowing red, Brian reached down to lift Ethan by the throat, squeezing it and shaking him in succession, fangs extending as he hissed, "You are such a fool, Ethan. You had the opportunity to make this easier on yourself... but you continue to provoke me. And you are so very wrong. I will be everything to Justin. Nothing will stop me now. And sorry... your time has now expired."

 

With one violent twist, and a smile into Ethan's fearful and suddenly knowing eyes, Brian twisted his neck sharply to the right and then to the left, snapping it mercilessly, the sound of crushing bones becoming the only sound in the room. His death was instant. Brian didn't wish to linger upon him any longer... nor allow him to breathe one more minute, angry he couldn't restrain and watch him die more painfully... but at this moment, only wanting the worthless creature gone.

 

He moved to destroy the body when he felt a presence outside, smiling when he realized it was only Becca. Kicking the lifeless body, Brian went down to join his friend with speed, knowing he needed to get the house protected immediately, before Melanie entered and possessed the soul of the now-dead Ethan.

 

Opening the door quickly, Brian smiled at her in greeting, before admitting, "We need to hurry, Becca. I kind of lost my control... and did something before the house was ready..."

 

"Brian Kinney, act in haste? I don't believe it," she said with a warm and knowing smile.

 

"Berate me later. We must proceed quickly," he said impatiently. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

 

She laughed at him, even more so as he glared at her, finally she lightened his discomfort with two simple words, "It's done."

 

"Already? But I don't have to do anything?"

 

"Not a thing, Brian. Your witch cannot enter your home, no matter what form she chooses to take."

 

With a sigh of relief, Brian thankfully responded, "I can't thank you enough, Becca."

 

"You just did, my friend."

 

"I would invite you inside... but I guess you can't come in now..."

 

Avoiding his eyes, wondering how to best answer that, she decided it was time for the truth to come out. With Melanie back, Brian needed to know actually who he had in his corner... and how much she truly understood his predicament.

 

"Actually, I can come inside. How about we go have a little chat... one that is long overdue?"

 

Looking at her in confusion, he said, "You told me if I didn't have anything that belonged to her it would be a basic spell that would forbid any supernatural from entering. What's going on, Becca?"

 

"Well... it so happens, I had something to personalize this spell. Can we go inside, Brian? Please?" she asked, knowing Melanie could be around... although she should feel it, knowing they had ways of blocking each other out.

 

With a nod, he answered, "Of course. Let's go inside and have a seat."

 

Following him inside, she looked around in awe as she always did at the impeccable taste Brian had. His mixture of the modern, along with a touch of his own time showcased the exquisite home in tasteful style. Sitting next to him on the antique, yet beautiful sofa, she began, "I'm a bit surprised you haven't pieced it together yet, Brian. Although, I know you have been very distracted these days."

 

"Distracted? I'm sure I have no idea what you mean," he quirked with a grin.

 

"Save the denials for someone who doesn't know you so well. Okay... you want answers. I have known you for three hundred years, Brian... along with having a personal connection to her," she admitted.

 

Narrowing his eyes on her sharply, Brian asked, "Who are you, really?"

 

"Look deeply into my eyes, Brian. Go as deep as your mind will let you... once you arrive at that place, all will become clear to you," she answered softly.

 

His eyes probed her for a few minutes, before he did as she suggested, clearing his mind to focus only on seeing her. Almost instantly, he forged the connection... seeing her clearly for the first time. Going beyond the body that was her current shell, for what reason he didn't know, but now knew this physical image was not her. With a shocked gasp of discovery, Brian whispered, "Linds? Is it you?"

 

Clasping his hands tightly within her own, she almost giggled, "Yes, my dear friend... it's me."

 

He abruptly hugged her to him, for long moments, before pulling back to look at her again. With a confused frown, Brian asked, "Why the subterfuge... Why have you kept your identity hidden?"

 

"It took me a long time to find you... in this place, in this time we now live. I didn't want to risk Melanie finding you that way. I've been here longer than she has, but I always knew she would find you again... we both knew this."

 

Brian nodded, "She will never give up."

 

"No, she won't... However, you are stronger than you know. Your curse can be broken... at least to the extent that you can rid yourself of her forever. I'm not certain you can be human again, so much time has passed... but you can love, no matter what she said when she cursed you. You can be happy... and free of her if you just follow your destiny and don't fight it," she virtually implored him.

 

"This is that soulmate talk? Do you really believe in it?"

 

Her eyes blazed fiercely up at him, as she answered, "Of course, I do. Everyone has a soulmate, but your case is different. You had to live three hundred years to find him. He will define you as you do him. You can't fight it, Brian. Fate won't allow it. Melanie knows it. That's why she is here now... she knows your time has arrived."

 

"Your honest opinion, Linds - can I beat her this time?" Brian asked, knowing he would believe what his oldest and dearest friend would say, despite being more than skeptical about this 'soulmate, love thing'.

 

With a loving smile, that lit up her face, she nodded and answered, "My friend, you have already won. And I think if you look deeply into yourself you know this as well... as you know who your soulmate is. Don't fight it, Brian. Go to him. The journey may not be easy, but I have a feeling his love for you will emerge rather quickly. Melanie cannot get to him. He wears an ancient symbol that protects him. Look at him closely when you see him again. I would suggest a piece of jewelry... most likely a ring. He must not remove it until Melanie is gone."

 

"I hadn't noticed a ring... but I haven't focused a great deal on his hands," Brian said with a lusty chuckle.

 

"Oh, Brian, I am so excited for you... the both of you. He is the one, and he will be with you forever. It will be a love like nothing this world has ever known. I know he is probably sleeping... but it doesn't matter. Go to him, my friend. Every moment you spend together strengthens what you have... builds toward what you are - together."

 

"Much as I would love to go check on Justin, I have some unfinished business upstairs..."

 

She stood, grasping his hand... all but pulling him toward the door, pushing him outside, as she told him, "Nonsense. I will handle the disposal of the body. And I have already implemented a spell that prohibits Melanie from touching your dead victim. So... there's no reason you can't go check on Justin right now, is there?"

 

"Well, it appears you have thought of everything," Brian smirked. Kissing her lightly on the lips, Brian whispered, "It's good to have you here, Linds. I have missed you all these years. I could have never found a truer friend that I have always had in you. I owe you so much."

 

"You owe me nothing. If not for me, you would have never met Melanie. I will blame myself until this is all happily resolved... but it will be, Brian. I swear to you it will," she vowed fervently.

 

"Don't blame yourself, Linds. I mean... who could blame your sister for falling under the immense Kinney charm..."

 

She laughed, as she urged him off the porch, saying in parting, "What a cocky shit you still are... it's a good thing I love you."

 

"Love you too, Linds. And yes, I never change... after all I will always be Brian fucking Kinney," he said speeding off to his much-anticipated destination.

 

Smiling, she whispered, "That you are, my friend."

 

Suddenly, she felt a much familiar chill traveling down her spine, knowing the presence that was near... although, not making itself visible.

 

"What have you done, Lindsay?" came the hateful hiss from her younger sister.

 

Moving closer to the house, not above taunting her, she mocked, "Making sure you can never enter Brian's home... nor interfere with him fulfilling his destiny."

 

"You will be sorry, dear sister. I see I must change my focus now. First, I will work on ridding myself of you ... as I should have done hundreds of years ago. Then, I will destroy Brian once and for all," Melanie snarled in a violent rage.

 

Stepping into the house, Lindsay purred softly, "You are powerless, Melanie. Brian has won... and you know it. Soon he will be forever entwined with his soulmate... and it will lead to your ultimate destruction. Enjoy your time, dear sister... it won't last much longer..."

 


 

Brian let himself into the window in Justin's studio apartment - silently as not to awaken him. He wasn't nearly finished with this boy tonight. He sat down on the bed next to the sleeping blond, admiring the perfection of his peaceful pose, as he reflected on Lindsay's words. Could it be true? Was Justin truly his soulmate... a man created expressly for him, one that was destined to be with him forever? Had he been mistaken in life? Did he really have the capacity to love?

 

Looking down at Justin, he had a simple thought - If it's possible for me to love, I think it could be you... I hoped that it would be you.

 

Brian tried to shake his head free of such thoughts, grimacing at how they made him feel like a pathetic lesbian... how such thoughts made him feel almost human, although he knew that was something that had been taken from him - long ago. Reaching out, he pulled down the sheet, admiring the muscled pale chest... a ring adorning one beautiful nipple. Brian was almost drooling looking at his delicious prize, naked all save a pair of tight briefs. Eyes narrowing on him intently, his gaze was finally captured by the ring that Justin wore upon his hand... the one Lindsay had mentioned should be present, one that Brian had doubted existed - until now.

 

Lifting Justin's hand, he examined it closely, having no doubt of the distinction of this ancient piece of jewelry. At once realizing this was how Justin's mind had been able to close his power out, Brian tried to slip the ring down his finger, before stopping himself knowing this was what protected him from Melanie. Smiling down at his beauty, Brian decided it didn't matter that he couldn't control Justin. It was obviously destined they would be together - and for once, Brian actually found himself believing in the possibility of a soulmate. As he continued to admire the sleeping form of the blond, Brian accepted he would never stop until he had made this boy his - and his alone.

 

If he had been determined to claim Justin before... it was nothing compared to the need that churned within him now. Running his hand softly down Justin's chest, he grazed it along his nicely proportioned cock encased in the briefs, knowing he must depart soon before awakening him. Realizing if he awoke now, nothing would stop him from taking him... and he didn't want it to be here... he wanted him in his bed... in his now safe domain.

 

With a hungry smile, he stood as he lustily admired him, before leaning down to give the head of Justin's cock a soft kiss through his briefs, pausing only briefly to stroke at the slit with his tongue, groaning as he felt it surging to life under his mouth. Backing away with infinite regret, Brian whispered, "Tomorrow night, Justin. You will be in my home... and I will claim all that is mine. I can't wait any longer, my beauty. I must have you. I will have you - tomorrow."

 

TBC