- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Asclepius and Aphrodite are the Greek Gods of Healing and Love

CHAPTER 14 - ASCLEPIUS AND APHRODITE - AKA BRIAN AND DEB, HIT HIS GAS AND HIS BRAKES


BRIAN’S BATHROOM - LATE AFTERNOON 


BRIAN


I turn off the taps and smile because I can hear the worrying at his lip, plus the jangling of his nerves. “Come on, Mr Sicky Mucky, get in!” I call through the door, where he’s standing still fully dressed. “Pick an end.” I whisper as I nudge him inside and close the door.


JUSTIN


Pick an end he says! Like that’s the easiest damn thing in the world - I'm going to be naked with him! But on the flip side, after I was so pathetically weak, he most likely doesn’t fancy me anymore! I haven’t had a migraine like that in ages. At least I didn’t puke, so that’s something. 


Checking out the products makes me smile. “Aromatherapy Associates and La Pearla. Of course only the very best for Mr Kinney, heaven forbid that anything from Target should sully his skin.” Rolling the screen back makes me gawk. “So he’s a size queen in everything!” The bath is at least seven foot long and three wide. As I test the water, my funk hits me. “How didn’t he smell that?!” I cringe, then see my hair. “Ah, shit, I look like Vector from Despicable Me!!”


“Are you in yet?!” He shouts. “Want more water or anything?” 


“Sparkling water, please, also shampoo and conditioner. Thanks!”


Once he’s gone, I submerge then indulge myself by doing a couple of spins. As I surface, I find Brian holding a tray, wearing nothing but a smile and boxers. He’s seriously getting in with me?!


“So, Mr Croc, which is first, you drink water or I wash your hair?” I move forward. He gets behind me and hands over the shampoo. Bracing myself, I pour some into his palm, then stay absolutely still. There’s just burgundy silk between my head and his cock!


BRIAN


Finally, he’s starting to relax! “So your thoughts on Evan?” He looks so unimpressed, I almost happy dance. “Your Mom put you in with me to stop him from taking you home.” 


“I’ll buy her dinner.” He wipes his brow. “I think Daph is going to encourage him to hang around to do some needling. What was he like?”


“Amenable. And…oh, I’ve just remembered.” I start to snicker, he nudges my knee. “His dirty talk was on a par with Michael’s charm.” 


“Oh boy!” He chuckles whilst popping bubbles.


“You need to rinse.” As he slides under the water, I find him moving the suds to cover his modesty, worryingly cute!


JUSTIN


When I resurface against his chest, his legs stretch out. One arm is on the side of the bath, the other floats by my hip before scooping bubbles around my waist. The water is making me feel too relaxed, I need to get out. “What’s your plans for the rest of the day?”


“Gonna change the sheets so you can go back to bed, then do some work after you’ve eaten. He'd have gotten my number by now, as he was super keen to bask in the shellacking he thinks Ted’s going to get.”


“I can go back to my place, it's fine.” I immediately regret it because not only am I still very tired, his bed is so comfy! “For a man who’s in love with you, he doesn’t like you much, does he?”


“Stop being a twot and go back to bed. I’ll put some sweats out and those funky duds through the wash. Nod to concede.” I do so, he smirks a little. “Michael does like me when I’m being the Brian that he can handle. What made you say that?”


“The looks he was giving us when we were dancing. In fact, when you danced period, he didn’t look at all happy.”


“Well, according to him, I can’t dance.” I turn to face him, he bubble-scoops again. “I grind, I hump, or, depending on the beat, I air fuck, but dance? No. Dancing takes skill, dexterity, and, as he kept reminding me, I was awful unless I was dancing with him. I was determined to fix the things that everyone said I couldn't do, so I took lessons, and, et voila, yes sir I can boogie.” 


I roll my eyes whilst reaching for my water. “Oh, thanks for bringing my phone in.”


“Welcome, you have a message from Daph.”


“Hold that, please?” He takes the glass whilst I read the message. “That shady fucker! I have a thought.” He swaps my phone for the water, I watch for his reaction as he reads what she heard him say about Joan. “Wanna hear?”


“Just a sec.” He blinks a couple times. “He has no idea what her life was like. It wasn’t just me that got hit! That's it, I’m gonna fucking kill him!” As he leaps up, his cock flicks my nose hard. Yelping, I clutch my face. “Oh, fuck, I’m so sorry! You alright, let me see!” He pulls my hands away. “It’s a bit red, can you scrunch it?”


“You’re packing some meat there.” I quip and scrunch. “Am fine, are you okay?”


“Yeah, what was your thought? Let’s rinse and talk.” 


BRIAN


“Well, he wants you to himself, so if he thinks that you and Ben have split up because Ben and Emmett screwed behind your back, which, I will help him find out, then he will dump David, which gets Daphne happy. Of course, I shall let him be the one to tell you about Ben and Ems, thus giving him an opportunity to dump both in the shit with you too. And then there’s the moving into the office, have you sorted that out yet?”


“You need to condition.” I purr as he scrubs my back. “He knows about Ted’s job. Debs is giving him ten gees to pay Emmett back.”


“Wow. So what do you think?” He yawns. I move him under the shower then pour the conditioner.


“If this is how you think when you're sick and tired, I’m never gonna piss you off!”


“Damn right you shouldn't!” He sniggers, before shrieking when I turn the water to cold!


TWENTY MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN


My grumpiness starts evaporating when I catch a whiff of whisky. “Is that the blackberry one that Joan makes?” 


He nods, pressing his lips together. “Want something to eat? We’ve got sausages, frankfurters or, um, cocktail?” 


Although the whisky doesn’t burn as I cough and splutter, my eyes water. As he hands me a tissue, his lips press tighter. “It’s not funny!” 


“It is!” He guffaws. “You went from eight to an inch in seconds!” I fold my arms, the bed dips, after they’re firmly uncrossed, he strokes one. It feels so good. “I wouldn't have done that if I had known about the side tap. You can get me back if you want.”


“I may well do that.” I retort.


“I shall be on guard.” He replies, as he gets in bed! “You gonna stop sulking and accept my apology?”


“You’ve not actually said sorry.” I point out.


“I bought biscuits.” Ohmygod he does look so appealing! Hands behind head, sweater unzipped, his pheromones winning the scent battle against the whisky. 


He puts a plate on his chest. “How many can I have?”


“As many as you want.” He replies, tugging at his sweater, which is cashmere. Seriously, doesn't he do common threads?! My greed wins out, though it’s his stomach that rumbles. As he bites down, the thought of those perfect teeth nibbling my nipple makes my breath stutter. 


“Come closer.” Is all I need to hear, the plate hits the floor as I plunder his mouth. He shifts me between his legs, one hand is kneading my ass the other is in my hair. He tastes so good, whisky and cookies with a hint of toothpaste. 


When I realise he’s letting me control the kiss, I slow it down. He groans and throbs. “You pleased to feel me?”


“Very, now get back to it, my bossy bottom!” He gruffs, giving me a pinch.


“My teasing top!” I return. 


After slowly turning us over, he nuzzles my neck. “Can you wait a couple of weeks until I’m back properly? Then we can really go to town on each other.”


“Patience reaps its own reward.” I murmur, before reasserting my dominance.


MICHAEL’S VAN, OUTSIDE DEBS HOUSE - EARLY EVENING


MICHAEL


I couldn't believe it when I got back to the diner, less than ten minutes later, and it was shut! I couldn't even call her because I left my phone there, and on top of that, I was flat out in the store. I had gone back to just collect my keys and go home, but then a delivery, which Kip never told me about, arrived and I had to sort it out. Furious doesn’t come close! 


I decided to stop in Woody’s, and lo and fucking behold there was Emmett, slacking in his godfather duties, as he was trying to hook up with someone out of his league! I found a spot opposite to watch his woefully pathetic Lana Turner act play out. However, the dude, like Brian with Crone, seemed to be buying it - more fool him! Then Daphne came in with Evan, and whilst that didn't bother me, David joining them did! By the time I made my way through the crowd, they’d all disappeared. 


I look at the house. It’s still in darkness. “Where the hell is she?! It can’t take that long to say hi to him. I just want my phone so I can go and get some bloody sleep!” I grab the blanket, turn up the heating, and set my timer for an hour.


DEBS’S  KITCHEN - FORTY FIVE MINUTES LATER


TED


“Why didn’t you talk to me? How didn’t I notice how bad you were?” She whispers. I’m wincin because I wish Blake wasn’t privy to how I descended into even deeper hell after I got hold of Emmett’s money. “I am so, so, very sorry. I’m ashamed, I really am!”


“Debs, nobody did this to me and Emmett but me.”


“Did you go into a programme?” Blake asks, I shake my head. “You mean you just stopped and stayed clean? Wow, that takes a lot of strength, which I wish I had at the time.”


“You were using?” I gasp, he nods, sitting down when Debs moves the chair. “I, um, is it okay to ask?”


“Same as you, had been on it for over ten years, repeat relapser. I was literally on skid row and sold the only thing I had left.” He blushes, when it hits her, Debs takes his hand, nodding for him to continue. “But I just couldn’t do it, so I ran out, straight into Brian. He was not happy to have his coat sullied by some skanky tweaked out asshole, unquote, which made me cry and unload onto him. At first, I thought he’d walk, but he stood there until I finished, then he gave me $50 bucks and a card, saying to call him if I spent it wisely. I went to a cheap but clean hostel and slept for three days, then ate my first proper healthy meal. I remember the feeling of being clean, how good the water felt. I laundered my clothes and called. He said to meet him in Grand Central Park within an hour. I did, and the rest is history.”


“How long have you worked with him?” She asks, oh how proud she looks! I remember basking in that when I got my first client. “Stop brooding, it’s done, you’re here now. He’s forgiven and, most importantly, believes in you. Start repaying that faith. If you fuck him over, you’ll be dealing with me as well!” She hands me the tea towel. “Blake, how long?”


“Six years.” He replies, switching on the kettle. “Had my last mandatory drug test two years ago, but I still go to meetings every week, no matter where I am.”


“You know maybe you can be each other’s support system, like a sponsor thing? Not that I think either of you are gonna relapse of course!” She looks between us.


His brow furrows briefly. “Do you know what your trigger is? Or did you get the urge when you feel a bit halt?” 


“A bit halt?” I frown.


“Sorry, it's an acronym that I heard in the groups, it’s short for hungry, angry, lonely, tired. When I was feeling that way, that’s when I used it most.” I give this some thought and it hits me that’s exactly what I did! “Ah the realisation spark, you need to come to a meeting with me for sure.”


“Excellent!” Debs grins. “Now we’re taking these to the parlour and watching a non-Marvel or comic book themed movie, unless you guys need to go?”


“No. We can keep you company, right, Ted?” 


Feeling profound relief, I nod and help him set up the tray.


PARLOUR - THIRTY MINUTES LATER


DEBS


Oh, how I’ve missed watching a normal grown up movie! It’s been so long since I watched one, the DVD box was covered in cobwebs, which resulted in some very girly screams from them at the spiders that had taken up residence. 


As I crank the barcalounger back, Ted gets comfortable on the sofa. We chuckle at the gasps and squeals from Blake as he checks the movies. He has a quiet ease about him, and then of course there was the little look as Ted walked up the path, which is why I insisted he join us! 


“Looking for Langston and The Celluloid Closet! We have to watch one of these, they’re iconic!” 


Before we can make a decision, I hear Michael’s key in the door, then him cursing up a storm. “Ma! Why is the chain on?!” My heart sinks at Ted’s reaction, he looks miserable and wary. “Take it off, I want to talk to you and get my fucking phone! I know you must have it!”


Rolling my eyes and scowling, I grab it from the shelf. “I'm fine, thanks for asking!” 


“Obviously, now hurry up!” He spits, almost pulling it closed. Within seconds of it coming off, I’m shoved aside. “I need to piss, I've been out there for ages!”


Ted and Blake start to gather their things as he bangs about upstairs. “What are you doing? We’re going to watch the movie. Please sit down, he’s not chasing you away.”


Again his game face changes as he comes down. “Sorry about that, Ma, you alright, I didn’t hurt you did I? I was desperate. Hi, I’m Michael, and you are?” His hand outstretched, his smile toothsome. “A friend of his or my Ma’s? If hers, I wonder where she’s been hiding you?”


“I’m Ted’s friend, Blake.” He returns and avoids Michael’s attempt at the double clasp. “So, shall we continue, guys? Which one are we going to watch?”


“I love movie night!” He glances at the tray. “Ma, what’s with the fuddy duddy tea? Let me get popcorn and proper drinks! What’s your poison, Blake?”


“Tea.” He replies.


Michael's face remains rictus grinned. I’m livid as he uses his ass to almost shove Ted off the sofa, once he’s comfortable, he pats the cushion with a leer. Instantly, I am taken back to four years ago. It was in Woody’s and the moment Emmett said ‘there’s a handsome and distinguished gentleman’ and David smiled in our direction, Michael made it his mission to get him. 


However, I’ve clocked his game now. So sit next to him. “Sweetheart, David called me, when he couldn't get hold of you.”


“I’ll just call him now, won’t be long. Ma, you can’t let Blake use the lounger, he’s our guest.” 


I can’t believe his continual ass-shunting. “Michael, David wants you to meet him for a drink. He’s his boyfriend Blake, they’ve been together for four years. Asked me to tell you as he knew you would come here, he went to the store but, once more it was shut - which we will talk about, tomorrow.” 


“He does, why do we need to talk about the store being shut?”


“Yes and because we do. Off you go. I’m sure we’ll all meet up for dinner at George’s.”


“Oh he’ll be fine. Let’s watch a movie.” He orders before pressing his back. “Sitting out there has made me so stiff. Blake, you look like you’d know a good masseuse.”


“No I don’t.” Blake snaps. “And your back’s fine, it’s your ass that’s the issue. Ted’s not going to move, so take your sharp elbow and non-subtle hints home to your boyfriend of 4 years instead of trying to get into the pants of someone you’ve known for four minutes!” I’ve never seen or heard Michael leave the house so quickly or quietly. “Sorry about that Debs, but he was being so rude to Ted.”


“Oh that’s fine, nicely shot down!” I giggle and start to set up the movie. 


“When did David call you?” Ted asks, as he pours the tea.

 

“He didn’t.” I reply, handing Blake the remote. “I just wanted him gone and hoped it would work. Then Blake smashed him out of the park.” As the movie starts, I reach for the curtains, and fume, Michael is still out there! “Get comfy boys, we're going to be watching movies, deep into the night.”

Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive if reviewing. Thanks