- Text Size +

CHAPTER 19 - DINNER…PART 3


EVAN


“Have you been to the store Daph?” I glance at Novotny. “Also what about Kip, where’s he going?”


“You have, haven’t you?” David frowns. “What does it matter where Kip is going?”


“Once and that was almost a year ago.” Daph tops up my glass. “That’s a  good point about Kip. Jen, do you know someone that can draw up an NCC and an NDA real quick?”


“NCC? NDA?” Novotny fumes as Vic drains the wine into Emmett’s glass. “Why would you need those?”


“For your…” Emmett begins. “...do you know what they are?”


“Of course.” He sneers.


“Do tell.” Ben drawls draping his arm along Brian’s chair. “You okay, want that massage now?”


“Am good.” He replies. “Stop worrying.”


“What do you need an attorney for and why aren’t I good enough?” Mel’s voice startles us all, except Debs. 


“When did you call her Debs?!” Ben laughs.


“As soon as Daph said she’d bought Kip out.” She brings up her phone showing Mel onscreen. “We’re at Kiddo’s. Do you think you can get here, Ems can you text her...”


“Grandma Debs…” Gus chuckles. “…she knows where Dad lives!”


“Of course she does!” Debs blushes. “So can you?”


“Be there in less than ten.” 


“Debs, that was very considerate.” I smile. “So back to you, what are they?”


“Thanks Ma.” He glares down his nose at me. “Non competition clause and non disclosure agreement.”


“Didn’t you have them with Kip?” Brian frowns, it deepens when he shakes his head smirking. “It would’ve been good business sense. Especially as you didn’t know about him going.”


“He wouldn't fuck me over.” Novotny declares.


“In business it’s every man for him or herself.” Brian looks very unimpressed.


“We’re friends as well as business…” He begins.


“You were Brian’s best friend.” Ben sneers. “Yet you hurt him so much he left to get away from your pain.” Novotny’s mug reddens. “Besides, she’s not doing that for you…”


“Who else, if not me?” He blusters.


“Daphne and Ted. Kip and I were used to you…” Debs states. “...they’re not.”


“What does that mean?!” He spits.


“Our contract for example, I never saw it. I went on trust…”


“Daphne, would you like me to send you the contract?!” 


“Amongst other things, yeah please. That can…“


“I’ll do it right now!” 


I’m not the only one who thinks he’s going to break his screen with that sharp swiping!


JUSTIN


“Pop, can me and Hunter go upstairs to call Grandma Joan and sort out tomorrow?”


“Yeah.” Brian smiles. “Take some food up and bring the plates down after.” I melt at his expression as he watches them plate up, his throat clear makes Hunter put on more veg with a sigh. “Gus, make sure he eats it.”


“I will and don’t worry Ems, I’ll explain the baiter comment.” 


Michael stops scrolling. “I’d rather you didn’t do that Gus.”


Gus dead-eyes him. “I’d rather have known my Pop from the day I was born.” I glance at Brian; how proud he looks. Gus turns to him. “Do I have to?”


“No. You’re expressing your feelings.” Michael is incredulous. “What? Did you think I was the only Kinney you hurt?” 


“You said we were starting afresh, how is he doing that? Besides, I didn't think you two had gotten that close.”


“I did and we have.” Brian reaches for his wine, eyes flinty. Of course, Michael in his relief from responsibility goes back to scrolling. “Give mom my love and get the menu so we can sort wine please.”


“She said turkey wings would be cooked.” Hunter grins.


“I’ll ask for oxtail too Pop, okay?” Whilst Gus is basking in his smile, I’m making a metal note to get the recipe off of Joan just to see that smile again!


“Gus, before you go up, there’s a few bottles of Mr Fitzpatrick’s cordials in the garage. Try the sarsaparilla or sour cherry and red grape. Grandma Joan asked me to drop them off for you two.”


“Thanks Justin, see some of you later!” 


“I’m surprised that you and Joan have struck up that kind of friendship Justin.” 


“Well we have Michael.” I smile tightly.


“I’ll get them honey.” Debs smiles. “I need to speak to Joan too.” She stops by the kitchen door. “Michael, those were shitty things to say!”


“How was that shitty? I was just expressing an opinion.” My anger rises as Ben taps Brian’s thigh. I am glad for what is to befall Michael, he has no idea how quietly and carefully he’s being positioned. “As for the contract…”


“You don’t have one for us to see?” Evan drawls.


“It’s in my business folder on my email, which I don’t have on here. With all due respect, Evan, I don’t like the way you’re trying to make me seem shady.”


“You don’t treat yourself respectfully so that means nothing!” Evan seethes. “Let’s end this argument, just log on to a computer and show it to her. Does anyone know what kind of agreement Debs signed with Ted?”


“A superseding one.” Mel joins us with a smile “I drew it up with Ems there to witness it. This means that whilst Ted has shares that Debs did, he is not bound by the same conditions. Those will have to be negotiated between the three of you, so it’s only right that he knows what they were in the unlikely event he’d want the same.”


“Thanks Mel, so you’ll have no problem logging onto a laptop and sending them on will you Michael?” I hold the chair out for her. “Don't suppose there’s one we can borrow?”


“Yes, mine.” Mel states. “Let me just clear my cache, wouldn't want him reading something he shouldn't.” Her tone is as cold as my feelings for him. “One laptop.”


With a huff he takes it, there’s silence as he logs on; whilst most watch him, Ems, Mom, Ben and I watch Brian. His jaw is rapidly ticking, I know that he is trying not to explode over the snail’s pace that Michael is going; time for me to get up close in an almost professional way.


“Brian, let’s go upstairs.” I order, his ticking stops and Ben stands up.


“Upstairs, what for?” Michael demands.


“David, should the massage happen now?”


“I was thinking exactly that. Do you need assistance getting him up or…”


“I’ll help.” Michael rolls up his sleeves. “Just tell me what I need to do.”


“Find that contract.” Vic jabs his shoulder. 


“She can wait. Brian’s in…”


“Our more than capable hands.” David scowls. “You two ready?”


“I can’t manage the stairs, can we just do it in there?”


“Ben, can you get some things on the floor please?” I ask.


“Sure, Ems, Evan come with. Many hands make light work. We’ll call you when we're done..”


I have to say that the gnarl-pout his face has twisted into is an improvement!


TEN MINUTES LATER


“Okay bring in the patient!” Ems hollers. “You get him down, I’ll stand guard by the door.”


“Actually, Ben, can you and Justin swap?” David calls. “Height difference won't be so jarring.” 


Five minutes later, I take off his shirt. “Why?” He murmurs against my neck.


“Because being semi naked is the most efficacious way.” I breathe against his mouth, he licks my lip, I bite back my groan. 


“Pants must go too - right?” He growls, guiding my hand.


“Oh absolutely.” I slide them down his legs, then smile “Cashmere boxers.” I stroke the waistband. “Ben!”


“Yep!” 


“Please take these up and bring down the robe.” I hand him the clothes and nod at the dining room, Brian rolls his lips in and Ben smirks. “Oh and the warmed towels.”


“No problem at all.” He puts them over his shoulder. “Can someone get some water for Brian please?”


“There you go Daphne, one contract. Now, I really need the bathroom.” 


MICHAEL


“Please…” Emmett gets in the way - again. “...go through the kitchen, they need privacy.” 


As I wash my hands, having only just made it, I try to process these last few hours. “We really need time by…”


“Michael!” David knocks, gritting my teeth, I open the door. “We’ve got Ted on the phone.” 


“What for? You know…” I sigh at the brief sight of a virtually naked Brian before the door is closed. “…I’m sure I’ve got a store-related meeting around six already.”


“Well rearrange that...” He’s by the kitchen door. “… this needs to be settled first. Can you check now please?” 


“I need my…” 


“Phone? Here you go.” Evan appears from behind him and tosses it at me, it clips the spindle then a stair, which is marble. “Crap, is it okay?”


“What were you thinking?!” I spit as I pick it up. “No it’s not!” I despair at the shattered screen. “You’ll replace that!” 


“I thought you would catch it, sorry. It was backed up right?”


“Of course it is!”


“Great while you guys talk contracts, I’ll get you a replacement.” 


As I follow them my mind drifts back to Brian, yes I saw he’d filled out but that much! He was slim and rangy, before, now he’s muscular, his skin looks like polished marble, and his happy trail! The way the hairs twinkled in the…


“Michael, are you alright?!” David’s carping is a dash of cold water. 

 

“Just thinking about my phone. The things that were on there…”


“Will still be there, as you said it was backed up. Now let's start.” As I retake my seat, he sits next to Daphne with Ben now next to the fleshlight. “Right Ted, he’s here; are you ready?”


“Thank you David. Michael, we think it’s only fair that we each have 30%...”


“Wait, why am I reducing my shareholding?” I glare.


“So that nobody can take advantage of their position.” Ted snarks. “By each having 30% we're on an even keel. Of the last 10%, 7% will be liquidated into stock and the remaining 3% goes to…” 


“...someone impartial who would look at things with a business mind, not an overly emotional eye.” Daphne simpers. “Can’t think of anyone offhand right now, but we three have to be in agreement with the choice.”


“That makes sense.” Uncle Vic chimes in. “Given the history it keeps the business safe.”


“I suppose so. So shall we clear and…”


“I think I might have an idea.” Mel butts in. “There are brokers that do that. So no business decisions to be made before…”


“What was that?” I turn to the lounge. “Brian, you okay?” When he doesn’t answer, I look at Ben, who’s peering over the fleshlight’s shoulder. “Should I check for you Ben, since you’re occupied with Evan?”


“Babe, you okay?”


“Never been better.” He replies, but he still sounds pained.


“Besides I was making sure you got a good deal.” He’s almost sitting in the fleshlight’s lap!


“Deal?”


“On your phone.” He nods at the shattered remains. “That’s a 9 isn’t it?”


“It was,” I hide my smile. “I was going to get an iPhone 12, so you need to buy that Evan.”


“Hold on, that’s not fair.” Uncle Vic growls. 


“He’s got to replace what he broke.” I assert.


“Which is a Samsung 9.” Emmett snipes. “Mel, what’s your legal opinion?”


Before she can answer, there’s another groan. “Brian are you sure you’re alright? You sound like you’re in pain. Is he doing this massage thing correctly?”


“Michael…” David sighs. “...Justin’s an expert, he knows what he’s doing.”


“I’ve been reading up on shiatsu, you have to be very careful…”


BRIAN


“Reading? Something that’s not a comic, I’m in shock!” Justin’s chuckles trickle down my spine, followed by his deft fingers. “This has to be the snowboarding one…” I nod. “...Hunter was very impressed by your efforts.”


“Until I almost crashed into the tree and the board hit Ben in the face.”


“Turn over.” 


“Why?”


He pings my boxers. “Doctor’s orders.”


“You’re not a doctor.” I grin up at him then jerk at the pinch to my nipple. His mouth is warm as he sucks, nips and licks them both to hardness. “I can’t wait to feel your mouth…”


“I can’t wait to taste you.” He whispers.


“I think I should ask Brian…” Michael declares. “...how long do you think you’re going to be Justin?


“That depends on him.” He replies. “What’s the quickest you’ve ever cum?” He murmurs. 


I push down my boxers. “You’re about to find out.” Seconds later, I’m enveloped in heat, I close my eyes, they fly open when his teeth scrape my vein on the upstroke, tongue stabbing into my slit makes my legs shake. “No gag reflex.” I mutter as I slide deeper down his throat. I manage to stifle my yelps as his fingers plunder my ass. 


JUSTIN


I’m grinding myself raw, which hurts so good! He spasms around my fingers and twitches in my throat as I push deeper, suck harder and faster. His fingers are twisting and pulling my hair, he widens his legs. I look up, his enraptured expression makes me grind faster. 


GEORGE


I glance again at the TV screen, reflecting the back of Justin’s head and Brian’s stomach and chest. I chuckle at the sharp tug to his hair.


“Why is that funny George?” Michael demands. “I’m virtually being accused of fraud and…”


“Michael, you are taking advantage of a situation because it’s Evan. Whatever history is there, is exactly that, history. Please for the sake of their working relationship…”


“Their working relationship?” He looks confused.


“I was going to call him tomorrow to let him know about it. Evan, you’ve got the job. You and David…”


“Why am I only just hearing about any of this?!” Michael thunders at a bewildered looking David.


“Although David does some consultancy work at the hospice, he’s not privy to my hiring practices!” I am at the end of my tether with this creature-feature; whose red face is a counterpoint to the pale with fury one of David’s. 


“We need to talk.” David collects Michael’s phone. “Daph, could you stay in the annexe or…”


“She’ll stay with me.” Ems kisses his cheek. “Call us if you need us okay?”


“Thank you.” He breathes deeply, then extends his hand. “Congratulations Evan, I think you’ll be great there. Also forget about replacing it, he can claim on the insurance.” He stares Michael down. “Say goodnight.” He mutters something or other and follows David out.


BRIAN


Michael had perfect timing for once. His going off coincided with us getting off, him seconds after - he was a little loud. “Hey…” I tap him, he lifts his head. “...that was fantastic.” He licks his lips and smiles. “Want to shower or nap?”


“After that, I think a nap!” Ems chuckles still with his back to us. “Want me to get a quilt?”


“Yeah.” I yawn, tugging him up, he rests against my shoulder. “How does he know what you sound like?”


“Whilst you were away, I watched a lot of porn.”


“Morning, noon and night.” Ems deadpans, covering us up. “Sleep, me and Ben will clear the house.”


“Thanks Nellybutt.” I smirk.


“Anytime Little Lamb.” He whispers, kissing our foreheads then closing the door behind him.



Mr Fitzpatricks Cordials

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive if reviewing. Thanks