- Text Size +
Story Notes:

A.N: This story contains Vampires and Witches, so this will be dark at times.

Banner: By foreverbm at LJ.

Disclaimer: I do NOT own the characters of Queer as Folk. This work is done for entertainment purposes only. No infringement is intended.

 

 

Brian looked up from the spreadsheet in front of him, a frown and a look of confusion on his face. He raised an eyebrow at his personal accountant and business manager with an expectant look permeating his features. He pushed it aside in irritation, before impatiently asking, "You mind telling me what the fuck is going on with Babylon?"

 

"What happened?" Ted asked drolly. "Your sales are down... way down."

 

He inhaled deeply, a breathing pattern that was not in actuality a required physical function for him. However, at times he had found it to be a useful calming device, most especially when in the presence of someone he didn't care to reveal his most primal nature. Ted was one of those few that he didn't want to frighten, and as a result, be forced to erase their memory later. Crisply, he clipped out, "I can see that, Theodore. Is this why I'm paying you this exorbitant amount - to spout out meaningless facts?"

 

"What more can I say, Brian? It's all there in black and white."

 

Brian allowed his gaze to drift toward a spot far beyond Ted's head, resting momentarily where Justin was spread out on the sofa lost in his own private world with his sketch pad. He smiled to himself as a feeling of calm passed through him, one that could only be attributed to his beautiful warlock's presence, he allowed his eyes to climb the walls as he attempted to further temper his patience. Feeling a small degree of patience returning, he looked at Ted with a fierce scowl upon his face. "I understand the numbers... what I don't remember is you informing me of a problem that could be contributing to them."

 

"It's a combination of things," Ted began to answer. "Primarily, it's the new clubs that have been popping up on Liberty Avenue. Sure, we have seen this in the past. They try it out for a while, but they always come back."

 

"Yes... however, why do I hear a resounding but?" Brian intuitively demanded.

 

"Well, they are not returning as quickly this time. It doesn't help that Mr. King of Liberty Avenue spends very little time there these days. In the past few months, I don't think you've spent more than an hour a night there - and that's if you're even there every night," Ted told his boss bluntly.

 

Brian shrugged, his gaze pulling to Justin squirming on the couch, stretching for a different position... his body wanting this meeting concluded so he could return to the enticements that only Justin could offer him. Realistically knowing he needed to spend some time at Babylon attending to business, knowing his continued distraction to his hot little blond warlock had largely contributed to his present business woes. His eyes all but stripping Justin where he lay, he answered, "I've had more pressing concerns..."

 

Justin looked up to glare at his tempestuous lover in reprimand. He tossed his sketch pad down in irritation, deciding he would need to take a stand in forcing his hot-headed vampire into taking responsibility. "I think what Brian means to say, yet failing miserably... is that he knows he has been lax recently in attending to business, but that he will be on top of things more vigilantly in the future."

 

"Oh, I'll be on top of things, alright. Why don't you wait downstairs for me while I conclude my meeting..." Brian whispered raggedly, his eyes burning in need of his delicious warlock... a feast not only for the body, but for the senses as well.

 

Ted cleared his throat nervously, looking back and forth between them. Awkwardly, he attempted to make his exit... however, that wasn't to be tonight. "I'll just leave you to it. We can pick this up tomorrow... or at Babylon, if you are there tonight."

 

Brian began to nod his agreement, with his eyes narrowing in anger when Justin interrupted once more. He knew Justin was invulnerable to his mind control, but he sent the thoughts all the same. You will pay for delaying me, my dear sweet boy. I will make you scream and plead for your release... you may or may not get it.

 

Justin flinched slightly, as he looked toward Ted obviously deep within his own thoughts. "Don't you worry, Ted. I'll make sure he is there."

 

"It's not a big deal, in normal circumstances. Well, not really... but he is an attraction," Ted began, immediately grimacing at the look Brian leveled at him.

 

"Why Theodore... are you saying you find me attractive. Well, undoubtedly it's true... but I'm sorry my little blond has my cock all monogamous these days," Brian responded roughly.

 

"You're such an ass, Brian. I didn't mean that. What I meant to say was you are an attraction to the vast amount of gay Pittsburgh - myself excluded. They come not only to find a hookup, but to see what you are up to as well. The title of ‘King of Liberty Avenue' just doesn't come without its share of responsibility when you are a prominent club owner. Now, you are in a relationship. That attraction has been greatly diminished..." Ted needlessly reminded him.

 

Brian snorted in derision. "It should be enough that they are honored to admire my immense perfection."

 

Justin groaned and rolled his eyes in succession. "Uh, Ted? I have an idea."

 

"What's that, Justin? Arsenic for your lover... and then you can take over?" Ted replied with a bland smile.

 

Justin laughed, eliciting a glare from his agitated and obvious hungry vampire. Poor baby, he thought. He wasn't going to get fed from him this evening, as he was off to meet Lindsay very soon. A meeting that he couldn't postpone. "The King of Babylon contest is coming up, right?"

 

They both watched him closely, wondering where this was going. Brian was the first to respond. "Next weekend. Are you offering to create some posters for me?"

 

"I could do that... but I was thinking you needed a bigger push to draw in the crowds than just your standard artwork," Justin began, knowing Brian was going to go ballistic at his suggestion, however, he thought it to be one that could go a long way in fixing Brian's Babylon dilemma.

 

Ted sat up, looking at Justin in sudden interest. "What did you have in mind?"

 

"Well, I was thinking of an attraction for the poster. A featured contestant that is a familiar face... has a connection to Babylon, but has yet to ever compete. A man that would make the queer Pittsburgh population take notice and flock to the event in droves..." Justin went on exuberantly.

 

Brian's eyes flared savagely. "No fucking way, you precocious little twat. I am NOT getting on that stage to perform. It is not the performance in which I excel."

 

Ted sighed in resignation, looking at Justin apologetically. "It's a fine idea, Justin... but Brian's right - it wouldn't work. He can't dance."

 

Justin burst out laughing as Brian exploded in fury, with Justin watching him closely that his fangs didn't unintentionally extend. That would be an end to a meeting that he was certain Brian didn't want.

 

"What the fuck do you mean I can't dance?" Brian roared.

 

"It's true, Brian. As much as I adore you... dancing is not one of your many talents," Justin answered with a chuckle.

 

Brian glared at the blond, in combination with relishing the hungers that were rising within him - knowing this meeting was almost finished and he could gorge himself in satisfying all his hungers. "I will deal with you shortly, Sunshine."

 

With difficulty, pulling his eyes from Brian's penetrating gaze, Justin looked to Ted. "That wasn't exactly what I had in mind. I was thinking of someone else. A man that would be an attraction... one that everyone knew was unavailable and yet would flock to come to see perform."

 

Ted's eyes widened, first in disbelief, then in admiration at Justin's ingenuity. "That is the most bizarre, yet brilliant PR campaign I have ever heard. That will work. They will line up to see the ‘King of Liberty Avenue's' partner displaying himself on stage - knowing they could look but not touch. Not only fresh meat... but firmly committed to whom they perceive as the Master. Simply outstanding."

 

"I think this meeting has ended, Theodore. I'll see you at Babylon in a bit," Brian clipped out coldly, his eyes unwavering from Justin... his control at the weakest he had ever known it to be. Now, was not an advantageous time for non-supernatural beings to be present.

 

Justin walked toward the desk, patting Ted softly on the back. "It's okay, Ted. I'll talk to him."

 

Ted nodded, looking at Brian uncertainly before making an extremely hasty exit out the door, having the sense of self-preservation to know that was exactly what he needed to do.

 

Justin watched his departure, feeling a chill running down his spine that he hadn't felt since before his transformation over six months ago. What was going on with him, he wondered? Why was he suddenly feeling things that he hadn't felt for so long? He lifted his eyes to Brian's feral ones, trying to display a bravado that was far removed from how he was truly feeling. "Now, Brian. Let's talk this out. First, you need to calm down."

 

Brian moved around the desk, quickly placing his body directly in Justin's path, almost touching... but not. "Calm down? You go too far, little boy... power or not. I will not have you, my partner, degrading yourself in front of all the horny fags that flock to ogle you."

 

"Degrade myself? Come on, Brian. Let's be honest. You aren't worried about that... you are jealous that other men will look at me and want me. But think about it. I walk into Babylon with you... as well as Liberty Avenue and they do the same. They want to know what inexplicable quality I have that tames the long renowned savage beast," Justin replied tauntingly, while both of them knew it to be all founded in truth.

 

"Tame? Brian Kinney is not some sort of tamed animal," he scoffed, while knowing this little firebrand had done just that from day one. "Regardless, I forbid this. You are not allowed to parade yourself on that stage for their pleasure."

 

"Now, Brian. Think about it from a business aspect. It will be good... and you will know that you reign supreme, as always. When I walk off that stage and come to you, there will be no doubt to whom I belong..." Justin told him softly, his blue eyes melting under the smoldering gaze of his lover.

 

"Make sure you never forget that, little witch..." Brian growled, moving closer, his eyes narrowing as Justin took a step back.

 

Justin held up a forestalling hand, as he curtly answered, "Warlock, if you please. Now, I must go... but I'll be back soon."

 

"Where are you going?" Brian demanded. He licked his lips, moving closer. "I need you, Justin. Now. I really need you."

 

Justin moved forward to cup his cheek, before whispering, "I know you do, my beautiful vampire. I'm meeting Lindsay, but I'll be back. I promise. Why don't you go feed and I'll meet you at Babylon? You really need to spend some time there."

 

Brian watched with a suspicious gaze as Justin backed toward the door, not bothering to stop him knowing Justin's powers superseded his own. "Fine," he growled. "Don't be very long. We are nowhere finished with this discussion."

 

Justin smiled, and closed the study door behind him, making quick steps to place some separation between himself and Brian, not wanting to display any weakness - not until his sister could find a reason for it. Thankfully, Brian hadn't pushed him... or his meeting with Lindsay wouldn't have stood a chance.

 


 

Justin paced back and forth in front of his sister, uncertain of where to start... only knowing that something was very wrong.

 

"Justin. Tell me what's wrong. I don't feel any threats surrounding you or Brian. Whatever is troubling you cannot be that bad," Lindsay offered, more than confused by her brother's distress.

 

"I have become vulnerable to Brian's mind control... and I don't know how to stop it... I need your help, Linds. Can you help me figure this out?" Justin asked, his eyes wildly desperate... his fears rose when Lindsay's eyes widened in horror at the unexpected words. "Please, Lindsay... tell me you know what's going on.

 

TBC