- Text Size +

 

Ted's eyes widened on the expression of murderous rage on Brian's face; a look that couldn't be viewed in any other manner. In the years that he'd known Brian, he had undoubtedly seen him pissed - but this look of unmasked hatred was new ground... and one that he knew - for the good of Babylon - needed to be resolved quickly. Of course, maybe this disagreement... or whatever it was could be good for business, Ted thought, as he noticed all the interested looks that were glancing their way. Ruefully shaking his head, Ted realized his first thought was best. Brian looked fit to kill. A violent outburst against another Liberty Avenue club owner was not in Brian's best interest, whether his volatile boss realized this or not.

 

Observing Brian's tense and protective stance, Ted further decided that Brian didn't give a damn about any possible fallout. He was zoned entirely on what he had been for the past six months - Justin Taylor. When Brandon made a step forward instead of retreating, as any rational man would do - Ted knew this was quickly morphing out of everyone's control. Ted groaned aloud as he watched the impending disaster with his own eyes. Brandon's aggressive move against Brian's partner would have consequences of immense proportions.

 

Brian's nostrils flared as he looked at the offensive blond before him. "Perhaps, you didn't hear me. I said you are not welcome at Babylon. That is your cue to leave!"

 

Brandon's eyes flickered around the club that wasn't nearly filled to capacity. With an amused laugh, he retorted, "It doesn't appear you are in the position to be discouraging prospective customers."

 

Ted arched his brow before he countered, "In my experience, customer equates to buying... I don't see you doing that."

 

"Don't encourage him, Theodore," Brian snapped savagely, assuring Justin was staying exactly where he placed him by keeping a restraining arm behind him. "There is nothing here for him."

 

"On the contrary, Brian. I see something extremely pleasing to my palate here..." Brandon purred, as he looked around Brian to fasten his gaze hungrily upon Justin.

 

Justin tensed from behind Brian, feeling the rage that was building inside of his vampire lover, knowing he had to find a way to stop this - now. His greatest fear now being for Brian to reveal himself in front of all of these witnesses. He ran one free hand up and down Brian's back to soothe him, knowing he couldn't use his powers to calm him. He had Lindsay to thank for that. At the time, he had thought it to be wonderful that Brian was no longer vulnerable to witch influence - or warlock, as the case may be... but in the case of the emergence of Brian's primitive jealousy - it would have been a good advantage. Justin tried another tactic. One that never failed to work.

 

In a hushed voice - soft and sultry, Justin whispered, "Brian, let it go... for me. I came here tonight to be with you. Can't we just do that?"

 

Brandon side-stepped around Ted and Brian, moving to Justin's side. Foolishly, he raised his hand to stroke along the side of Justin's face. His voice lowered, dripping with lust. "Fuck. He's hot. I can see why you picked him. But I know monogamy is not your thing. I will wait."

 

Brian drew in a deep needless breath, before he snarled in a low and lethal voice, "Remove your hands from him - NOW. There will not be another warning."

 

Brandon laughed coldly, as he slowly removed his hand; not before trailing it down the side of Justin's neck. "Such a pity."

 

Michael began to cackle at the exchange, earning him a glare from Ted; however, nothing close to the deadly stare Brian inflicted upon him. Swallowing nervously, Michael stood and backed away from the bar. "I - uhhh - think I'll make an early night of it. See you all tomorrow."

 

Ted grunted, thinking that was the best idea Michael had yet. He wasn't entirely certain about the bad blood between Brandon and Brian... but he knew one thing for sure - Brian wasn't playing. He hadn't been a true player from the time Justin Taylor had stepped into his life. Whether Michael accepted it or not, Brian loved Justin. He would undoubtedly do anything to protect him and keep him by his side. If Brandon was trying to threaten that - Brandon was in deeper trouble than he could possibly understand. Standing up from the bar, he moved to step in between Brian and Brandon, knowing this was dangerous at best.

 

"Brian?" Ted asked hesitantly... unsure of what to do next, but knowing someone had to gain some separation between Brandon and Justin - immediately.

 

His eyes jerking impatiently to Ted, he snapped in irritation, "What is it?"

 

"Umm, how about I take Justin to your office? I'd like to discuss some ideas with him about ‘The King of Babylon' poster..." Ted suggested, jumping on the first idea that came to mind.

 

Justin nodded enthusiastically. If Brian had been looking at him, he might have thought too much. Managing to slip out from behind Brian, he moved toward Ted. "That sounds like a great idea. I can draw you a quick preliminary sketch."

 

Brian slanted his eyes to pierce into Justin analytically. "As long as it's not a picture that displays you."

 

Ted groaned. "Not that again. Let's go, Justin. I'm sure Brian will find us when he's finished."

 

Brian's eyes blazed a path over his lover - fucking him in one speaking glance. Gutturally, he whispered, "You can count on it."

 

Justin reached up to tug on Brian's neck, urging his lips downwards - a kiss having dual purposes. Engaging in a thorough kiss, tongues both heatedly engaged, Justin told him softly, "Behave yourself, my love. You know there is only one man I want - now or ever!"

 

"I'll keep that in mind, little fucker. Go on now. I need to take out the trash," he snarled, his gaze returning to a smug Brandon.

 

"Don't be very long, Brian. I just might need another example of your expertise..." Justin purred provocatively.

 

Turning his lips under, Brian retorted, "I think you've already had a good share of that."

 

"No such thing as too much... you know that."

 

Ted rolled his eyes, thinking their departure was going nowhere. He reached out, tugging the blond along... reasonably placated that the storm was passing, at least for the moment.

 

Brian watched in savage and jealous fury as Brandon's eyes followed Justin's departure. He grasped his arm tightly, as he led him toward the front entrance and toward his man at the door - determining this visit would not happen again. "Let's go," he hissed.

 

"Release my arm, Brian... then, I will go with you peacefully," Brandon snapped, as his eyes raked over Brian in open contempt.

 

"Whatever," Brian answered hollowly.

 

When they stepped outside, Brian nodded tersely to the hulking man watching the door. "Charles, I believe you know Brandon... the new owner of ‘Boy Toy'. He is not to be admitted into Babylon - under any circumstances. Is that clearly understood?"

 

"Yes, Sir. I'll make sure the rest of the staff are made aware," the larger man responded nervously.

 

Brandon laughed coldly, as he continued to walk ahead of Brian. He turned to spare him the briefest of glances, seemingly not the least bit afraid of turning his back on him. "You are pathetic, Brian. I never thought I'd live to see the day."

 

"The night isn't over yet, Brandon. You might not live to see the rest of it," Brian snarled under his breath, keeping his voice lowered so none that were moving toward the entrance would hear him.

 

"You don't scare me, Brian. You never have. Something to think about, isn't it?" Brandon retorted, staring deeply into Brian's eyes; not flinching as most men did under Brian's lethal and penetrating stare.

 

Brian's gaze narrowed sharply on the odious blond. His primary instinct was to lure him to an isolated location and either manipulate his mind... or end him once and for all. The look of confidence in Brandon's eyes gave him pause for thought. Something was off with this man. As he looked deeply into Brandon's eyes, Brian was left with the feeling that he knew things; undoubtedly things that he should not know. Brian had wanted to feed on Brandon when they had first met, but something had caused him to pull back. Brandon had wanted to fuck him; however, when Brandon had realized if any fucking was to be done it was going to be Brian topping - Brandon had immediately retreated.

 

As he looked into Brandon's mocking gaze, Brian quickly decided he needed to investigate this uneasiness that Brandon provoked in him. Now that Brandon had quite obviously targeted Justin, he knew he needed to get things into perspective - immediately. Curling his lip into a sneer, Brian hissed, "You are a fool. Understand me clearly, Brandon. Justin is with me. In terms someone like you can comprehend - he is mine. You don't want to cross that line with me."

 

"Poor Brian. So captivated by a piece of blond boy ass. I daresay he must be very good to hook you so thoroughly. I can't deny being more than tempted to find out," Brandon purred, laughing as he watched the bloodlust filling Brian's eyes.

 

Brian remembered his surroundings... and the fact that he needed to know more about Brandon. The man was far too sure of himself for Brian's comfort. There was something cold and evil in his eyes. Something that warned Brian from using his brand of persuasion. He needed to take a step back and learn more. For now, he would keep Justin away from Brandon. That was the only thing that would keep his primal anger under control. If Brandon reached out and touched Justin again, he didn't know if his fury could be held in check. And that could lead to the most disastrous of consequences.

 

He would contact Lindsay tomorrow and have her take a much closer look at him. If it was as he feared and Brandon was some sort of supernatural being, Brian knew trouble of the worse kind was brewing. However, one that he would resolve to his own satisfaction. On the other hand, if Brandon was merely an overzealous human, Brian would take the greatest pleasure in eradicating him permanently.

 

Moving closer, Brian's eyes flickered over Brandon in distaste; a look that signified he found the other man to be sorely lacking. His voice, cold and eerie, Brian said, "This serves as your only warning. Stay away from Justin. I won't hesitate to destroy anyone who dares to encroach upon what is mine."

 

"He only belongs to you as long as someone else doesn't take him. Watch over him closely, Brian. Such a prize is worth fighting over. Something else to remember, eh?" Brandon fearlessly taunted him.

 

Brian barely managed to hold his fangs in check, only doing so upon realizing Brandon was trying to provoke him into anger. When Brian didn't respond with more than a withering glance, Brandon chuckled and walked away - back in the direction of his own club. As he looked around at the curious onlookers, Brian gritted his teeth in fury as he stepped back inside Babylon. Proceeding directly to his office, he realized his rage had elevated all of his hungers. He needed to feed... and then, he most assuredly needed to fuck. Justin. Always Justin.

 


 

"So, this is just a rough draft... but what do you think - really?" Justin asked Ted, his face shining with excitement.

 

Ted looked at it closely, then at Justin in amazement that he could create this so quickly... and seemingly so effortlessly, although he knew with such art that wasn't the case. His voice filled with awe, Ted responded, "This is incredible, Justin. I'll get posters distributed all along Liberty Avenue, as well as here in the club."

 

Justin nodded enthusiastically. "I think this will work, Ted. What about flyers?"

 

"That's a great idea. Can you get this to me within the next couple of days? I will get it off to the printer... and that will give us a couple of days to get everything posted and handed out."

 

"I can do better than that. I'll work on it tonight, and have it for you tomorrow," Justin offered, his back tensing as he felt the presence entering the room - a resounding vibe that told him no work would be done tonight. Brian was in a mood... in fact, he was feeling more feral than he'd felt in a long time. Perhaps, dating back to the conclusion of the Melanie fiasco. It was going to be a very long night for him. As he turned to look at his slowly approaching vampire lover that was moving at almost a prowling gait, Justin decided that wasn't a bad thing at all.

 

Brian's eyes flared in hunger for the blond sitting next to his desk, his body hard and aching to acquire complete possession; not to mention how he was mentally salivating at the prospect of tasting him - fully. He hadn't done either since last night - and his hunger was immense; only in part due to his savage anger toward Brandon - most of it centered on the blond that dominated his every waking thought. First, he needed to send Ted on his way. Once that was achieved he would sate himself within his delicious warlock, again and again... all night long. His eyes continued to fasten on Justin in a mixture of yearning and determination, unable to stop his mind from probing Justin's... knowing he was unable to compel him, but still unable to resist attempting to control him in this way.

 

Uncaring that Ted was still present, Brian's eyes fastened on Justin with an almost uncontrollable lust, one that the blond would soon find himself satisfying - all night long. Brian slid up behind Justin, not close enough to touch... yet close enough he knew his presence would be deeply felt. A progression he very much wanted... and quickly. Focusing as a hunter on his much-desired prey, Brian projected his desires to Justin. The things I'm going to do to you tonight. You will never doubt how much you are mine, Justin. You will NEVER allow Brandon nor another man to touch you. Tonight, once again... you will learn everything that comes with being mine...

 

"Fuck! You need to stop this - right now. I know all of this already... so stay the fuck out of my head!!" Justin hissed, as he leaped out of his chair, knocking it over in his haste to place some separation between him and his astounded vampire.

 

Brian smiled, as awareness slowly began to dawn on him. He didn't understand it... however, Justin's outburst could only mean one thing. Well, wasn't this just perfect, Brian thought. His eyes sliced to glance at a perplexed-looking Ted, as he told him shortly, "Good night, Ted. We'll see you tomorrow."

 

Ted nodded, instinctively knowing this was not a fight in which to be caught in the middle. Once at the door, Ted looked back to say, "It's a good drawing, Justin. Let me know when it's ready."

 

"I will. Good night, Ted." Justin sighed as the door closed behind him, and he was faced with the mocking and predatory smile on Brian's face - knowing his outburst had just exposed himself, and now facing the consequences would be his only option.

 

Brian closed the distance between them, speaking in a low velvety tone, signaling the predator was angling to pounce. "So, tell me, my boy... how is this even possible?" He began to slowly circle him, symbolic of a shark lining up his next meal; the hunter and savage beast in him elated at this new and unexpected power. "More importantly... what am I going to do with this extremely useful information?"

 

TBC