- Text Size +

 

Brian looked at his partner in confusion. "A warlock and a witch hunter? How the fuck does that work?"

 

Lindsay stepped forward to answer. "It's really quite simple, Brian. A witch hunter is generally a witch or warlock that has become disenchanted with their craft. In doing so they use their powers to eradicate all witches."

 

Brian snorted derisively. "Hmph. Sounds like the behavior of you moody witches."

 

"Brian..." Justin whispered, in a way of warning. "Do you want to hear the explanation... or not?"

 

Leaning against the door, Brian folded his arms across his chest as he raised an expectant brow. "I'm hanging on bated breath awaiting this revelation."

 

Lindsay moved closer, glaring at Brian heatedly. She poked a finger in his chest before snapping, "Brian! You need to take this seriously. We have already told you that lives are at stake here - all of ours."

 

"I get that, Lindsay. I am just having a difficult time envisioning ‘pretty boy' Brandon as such a threat. I would think draining the fucker dry would solve our problems," Brian spat out.

 

"If it were that simple we wouldn't be having this discussion, my love," Justin answered in between clenched teeth.

 

"Well, then... what does it take to get rid of him?" Brian asked softly, telling them both he was attempting to keep control of his temper, the tightness in his facial expression stating that he wasn't managing it by much.

 

Lindsay sighed deeply. "I don't know yet, Brian. It's been many years since I've dealt with a witch hunter. A lifetime ago, really. We must proceed with caution. I really need to connect with Justin in the circle again. Alone and uninterrupted. Then... we may have more answers."

 

"Is that a hint you want me to leave?" Brian growled fiercely. "There's no way in hell I am leaving Justin to fend for himself in the midst of all of your spirits, spells... and a psychotic witch hunter seeking to destroy him!"

 

"Not destroy, exactly. I think he wants to fuck me, too..." Justin reminded, knowing it was a mistake when Brian's fangs clicked out and his eyes immediately turned from hazel to red.

 

"Another reason why we should hunt him down right now!" Brian hissed. "You can immobilize him and I can drain him. Problem solved, right?"

 

Lindsay and Justin shared an eye roll... each of them knowing Brian needed to calm down before he did something reckless and infinitely foolish. Stepping closer to his lover, Justin placed a hand on his chest, stroking it softly. Looking deeply into his eyes, Justin whispered, "Brian, it doesn't work that way... and you know it. To kill a witch hunter of Brandon's power a special spell and process need to be implemented. There is nothing you can do. I need you to trust us to figure this out."

 

"Fine," he snapped. "You have until tomorrow night to come up with a workable solution. If you do not... I will take matters into my hands - to hell with the consequences."

 

Justin groaned, knowing this didn't bode well for any of them. Justin knew now was not the time to argue or attempt to placate his primitive soulmate. He had matters to discuss with his sister, as he could hear her conflicted thoughts pounding at him. Justin agreed completely with one thing - time was of the essence. Brandon had been biding his time. That time was quickly dissipating. He felt great impatience in the witch hunter. Soon, he would make an aggressive move. When that time arrived, they needed to be ready. If not, it would be over before it even began. Reaching up, Justin stroked the side of Brian's face, whispering softly, "My darling, you need to feed. I promise I will return home to you as quickly as I can."

 

Brian's eyes probed Justin's deeply. Grudgingly, he knew his blond vixen was right. "I do need to feed. Perhaps I can be rational, then. Don't be long, Justin." Retracting his fangs, he leaned down to bestow a hard, scorching kiss on Justin's lips... his tongue mapping out Justin's mouth, claiming it as his own as they both knew it to be. "Hurry, Justin. I need you tonight."

 

"I need you too, Brian. No worries. I'll come home to you soon," Justin smiled, love glowing from deep within him making his eyes shimmer and shine.

 

Brian basked in that look for long moments, unable to stop the words from tumbling from his mouth, ones that were still difficult for him even after all this time... but fully cognizant of the fact that they stemmed from the truth. "I love you, Justin Taylor."

 

Justin beamed, inside and out. "I love you too, Brian."

 

Lindsay smiled reassuringly at Brian. "I will keep him safe for you, Brian. Now and always. Don't ever doubt that."

 

Brian's eyes sharpened at her words. Something was off with her... but he couldn't label it. At least, not yet. Shrugging it off as part of the strangeness of the night, Brian answered, "I know that."

 

Lindsay moved back toward the protective circle as Brian was leaving the house, watching as Justin secured the door and immediately followed her. She motioned for him to sit down across from him, her eyes once again filling with a fear greater than she'd ever known. Her eyes lifted to meet Justin's, she whispered, "There's something you aren't telling me, Justin. You know how to defeat Brandon, don't you?"

 

Justin nodded, his body shuddering in revulsion. "Yes, Linds. I don't think I can do it."

 

"Tell me, Justin. Perhaps I can help," she urged him.

 

Justin laughed. "I don't think so. First, I need a lock of his hair."

 

"Sounds simple enough... and a very basic ingredient for many spells."

 

"That it is. However, that's only the beginning..." Justin told her.

 

"Okay. What else do you need?" she asked warily.

 

Justin sighed deeply. "I need three drops of his blood... and I need the ceremonial dagger he intends to use to cut me and transfer my power to him. A dagger that he possesses."

 

Lindsay groaned. "That's a bit more challenging. I am assuming he needs to bind your blood together when you relinquish your power to him."

 

"Yes, that's right. I have heard his incantation in my mind. It's quite basic, really. What I don't understand - yet - is how Brandon plans for me to willingly surrender to his wishes..." Justin said in obvious confusion.

 

"I can't see that either, Justin. I don't think that part is anything mystical. You say that he wants you badly. It could be that he is simply that confident in his powers of seduction."

 

Justin snorted. "As if that's even remotely possible. I have Brian. I don't want anyone other than him. Now... or ever!"

 

Lindsay averted her eyes, knowing what she was about to suggest would be the hardest words that had ever slipped past her lips. "That is what I wanted to talk about..."

 

"I felt turmoil within you. You fear for all of us... but I sense it's very strong for Brian. Talk to me, Linds. What's going on?"

 

"Hear me out before you make a decision. First of all, I think we both know that we must get Brandon's attention diverted away from Brian and the history of his curse," Lindsay began, hoping Justin would accept the seriousness of their dilemma and respond with his head - and not with his heart.

 

Justin's eyes narrowed on Lindsay in a studied assessment... his immediate thought being that he didn't like it at all. "I'm getting a very bad feeling here."

 

"I don't like it, either." Taking a deep breath, Lindsay decided her only option was to lay it all out there, whether Justin agreed or not would be up to him. "I don't need to tell you what will happen if Brandon decides to look into why Brian is impervious to magic. He might not automatically realize that I placed the spell on Brian to keep him as he is now... and safe, but if he decides that he needs to eliminate Brian to reach his goals with you, he will investigate. I have the impression Brandon is not only clever... but very good at what he does."

 

"You are at just as much risk as Brian. In order to make Brian vulnerable, you would need to be destroyed," Justin said with a sigh of resignation. Looking into his sister's frightened eyes, Justin nodded and forced himself to focus. "Okay. Obviously, you have something in mind. How exactly do you suggest we distract him?"

 

"It's very simple, Justin. You need to end your relationship with Brian... publicly," Lindsay answered, looking away when she viewed the shock and pain in Justin's eyes.

 

Standing up, yet remaining inside the circle he pierced his sister with cold eyes. "You ask the impossible of me, Linds. I can't leave Brian. I adore him. He is my fucking world. You know that."

 

"I know that, darling. No one could have pushed the union between the two of you more than I. You know that. These are desperate times, Justin. We have no other alternative if we are going to keep everyone relatively safe." She stood up, reaching out to lay her hand against the side of Justin's face. "Think about it, Justin. Brandon would fully focus on you, then. I have no doubts you can handle him. Brian will remain safe. In time you could find a way to get everything needed to destroy him. Then, you can return to Brian."

 

"Right. While I'm fighting for my own survival - alone I might add - I have to watch Brian going back to his old ways - fucking everything that moves. Of course, that would be after he was past the shock. He will be devastated, Linds. I'm not sure he would even believe it," Justin spat out, his heart breaking as he thought of the torment that would be inflicted on both of them. He shuddered as he thought of Brian fucking one after another all in his desperate need to work Justin out of his system. He knew he would go crazy with jealousy. The pain would be pure devastation. Although did he truly have a choice? This plan was Lindsay and Brian's best chance at survival.

 

"You would have to make him believe it. His reaction would be key to Brandon believing it. If Brandon isn't convinced, then it's all for nothing. I know how much you love him, Justin. Please think about this. It's our best chance..." Lindsay implored him.

 

Tears running down his face, Justin swallowed through the agony that was ripping his heart to shreds. "I don't need to think about it. This is the only way."

 

Lindsay reached out to squeeze his hand. Tears shining in her eyes, she whispered, "I wish there was another way. This has to be staged just right. Brandon has to see it... more importantly, he needs to see Brian's reaction."

 

Justin nodded. "Brian will go into a rage. There will be no doubt."

 

"You are right. Brian will go on a feeding spree. Hopefully, he doesn't kill them all. But we can't worry about that. This is about destroying Brandon."

 

"I will destroy him," Justin snarled in between clenched teeth.

 

"I know you will. You are not alone in this, Justin. I am here for you. We can speak freely within the circle. Never speak to me or aloud to yourself outside of it." Frowning slightly, she asked, "Do you have any idea how you will go about it?"

 

With a weary sigh, Justin answered, "Yes, I know exactly. Tomorrow is The King of Babylon contest. I had been toying with participating to help out Brian's decreasing business - largely due to Brandon's interference I think. Anyway, I think that should be a more than adequate platform."

 

"That's actually perfect. Brian will respond in his primitive fashion and you will have grounds to lash out at him... ending in a breakup."

 

"The biggest problem that I can see is getting Brandon into Babylon. Brian had him banned..." Justin said morosely.

 

"I can help with that. A subtly dropped word in the right places will reach Brandon's ears. I have a feeling if he knows you are to be performing, he will find a way to get inside..." Lindsay murmured shrewdly.

 

Justin felt his throat constricting as he thought of the events that must occur tomorrow. Shaking his head back and forth, his eyes shimmered with tears, as he spoke, "I don't know if I can pull this off, Lindsay."

 

"You can because you have to. When this is over, you can and will get Brian back," Lindsay said with confidence, never doubting for a moment the love Brian and Justin shared. "You need to be careful, Justin. Once this happens, Brandon will be watching your every move... waiting to pounce. You are extremely powerful. He can't hurt you unless you allow it."

 

"I know. I have felt his power. His desire for me will be his downfall. I feel it even overshadows his hunger for my power. And unfortunately, I may need to succumb to his lust not only to gain his trust... but to complete the ritual," Justin said as he shuddered in loathing.

 

Lindsay's eyes widened in shock as she asked, "To complete the ritual? You said you needed the dagger, his blood, and a sample of his hair. What else do you need?"

 

"If I cannot get his blood, the fluids can be replaced with his semen. In this situation, I think that to be a far more viable option." Justin ground his teeth together in anger at what this odious witch hunter was costing him. One thing was for certain... he would never allow Brandon to fuck him. He would work around that. Brian was the only man that had ever fucked him... and that was how it would remain. Always. Curling his lip in distaste, Justin told her, "I guess I could always suck him off. We only need three droplets. That can be removed from any surface I place it on with magic."

 

"I'm so sorry, Justin. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you. Just hold onto your love for Brian in your darkest hour. That love will see you through."

 

Justin nodded, as he sagged down to his knees on the floor feeling his heart to be breaking. His shoulders sunk as he felt that sobering feeling of deflation. "I want to spend the rest of the night with Brian. One last moment that will have to sustain me until we can be together again."

 

"You will be together again. Brian will understand when it's all over..." she told him, although both of them knew Brian would be anything but understanding.

 

"I think we both know Brian won't be that understanding or forgiving. He may never trust me again... but I have no choice. Keeping him safe is the only thing that truly matters." Justin fought back the sobs that threatened to overtake him, when he said, "Can I have a moment alone, Linds? I need to settle my thoughts before I go home to Brian. I don't want this to fill my last night with him."

 

"Of course, Justin. Take as long as you need." Lindsay gave Justin one last glance, her eyes filled with concern and compassion as she watched the vibrancy falling from her brother's expressive eyes. She hoped this plan worked... and quickly. If not, Justin would be irrevocably gutted with the loss of his soulmate.

 

Justin allowed the sobs to overwhelm him once he knew himself to be truly alone. He laid down within the circle, the sobs shaking his body as he surrendered to the loss he would soon be enduring. He wasn't doing this out of weakness. He was strong. Justin knew he needed this release before he moved forward. This sacrifice would not be for anything, he vowed to himself. Brandon would be destroyed... and Brian would be safe. He would get Brian back. No other reality could he accept.

 

He had no idea how long he had laid there sobbing when he felt his cell phone vibrating in his pocket. Almost distractedly he reached into his pocket, opening it to read the message from his love. I'm naked in our bed waiting for you. Come home to me now. I'm going to fuck you all night long.

 

Justin shakily stood to his feet, wiping the tears from his eyes. Before stepping out of the circle and out to celebrate the love he cherished more than anything, Justin whispered, "I hope someday you understand the choices I have made are born out of my great love for you. I love you, my darling. Eternally."

 

TBC