- Text Size +

 

Several hours later Brian was surprisingly disturbed from his rest by Justin moaning and thrashing upon their bed. Instantly, Brian grew concerned. For one, for Justin to have awakened him as a vampire in rest - his struggles had to be immense. Next, Justin's lips were moving with words tumbling from his mouth. Finally, tears were pouring down his beautiful blond's face. Brian's eyes widened in savage anger that his beloved warlock had been placed in such a state of distress. Who or what was the cause of this? He didn't need to think about that for long. Brandon, he thought as his blood raged savagely. His first thought was to awaken Justin from the nightmare that gripped him... but then he thought better of that.

 

Silently watching him, Brian decided he could use this to find out what his capricious man had been up to in the recent hours. Justin was hiding something from him. Their connection was so strong that he felt it deep within. Now, when Justin was so deeply asleep and distraught, Brian could feed into his mind. He had consumed a large portion of Justin's blood mere hours ago. Now was when Justin would be the most vulnerable to him. Now more than he had been when he had so ruthlessly taken advantage of him. He knew that it was probably wrong... and that Justin would hate it. But they were dealing with a demon in the form of Brandon - one that not only sought to separate them, but to destroy them as well. He could not sit idly by as the witches tried to handle this alone, most especially when it meant his love - his soulmate - was at risk.

 

Slitting his eyes until they were barely open, Brian began to whisper to Justin... utilizing all his power and that of the immense power that Justin's blood instilled in him. "Justin," he said in a soft monotone voice. "You hear me, however, you will not awaken - not until I will you to do so. Do you understand this, my love? You are under my control. I channel my power along with yours... you will answer me - everything I ask of you. Won't you, Justin?"

 

Justin frowned in his sleep, his motions beginning to still... his mind obviously trying to fight this invasion, yet in his deep sleep and large loss of blood making him unable to do so. "Brian? What's happening to me?" Justin whimpered, as his eyelids moved wildly, but refused to open.

 

Brian smiled as he looked down on the man he loved above all things - past, present, or future. "I am not going to hurt you, Justin. I just need some answers. I can help you. Let me make all your worries go away."

 

Tears continued to slide down Justin's face, unbeknownst to the warlock angering his vampire lover ever further. When Justin answered in a despondent tone, it was all Brian could do not to leave these protective walls and seek out the one that so distressed his lover. "Nothing you can do. I am the only one that can save us."

 

Barely holding his anger in check, Brian began to stroke his hand along Justin's cheek, moving to fill Justin with a calming effect, at least as much as he could manage in his sleep state. "I can do so much more than you realize, my boy. Now, tell me your plan. How are you going to stop this predator that seeks to take you from me?"

 

"I can't tell you that. It cannot be spoken aloud. The monster could hear me," Justin whimpered in an almost childlike voice, before sobs began to shake his formerly still body.

 

Brian's eyes went wild at that moment, his fangs clicking out. He wanted to savage Brandon in the most painful way imaginable. The only thing that stopped him from attempting it was in knowing he needed to stay close to Justin's side... and the unpleasant knowledge of knowing he couldn't destroy Brandon. Forcing his mind to stay connected to Justin, Brian answered in a low reverberating hiss, "My walls are safe. Tell me - now... or I will hunt him down tonight."

 

"No! You can't! His powers are greater than yours. Promise me you'll stay here with me on this last night. I beg of you, my love. Don't leave me on our last night..." Justin cried out brokenly, his eyelids continuing to move about fiercely, but unable to awaken.

 

"I will promise you on one condition," Brian spat out, his eyes fierce and penetrating the mind and body of his partner and lover. "Answer me, now. This is your last chance, Justin - or I will seek him out. What is your plan?"

 

Biting at his lips, scrunching up his face almost as if in the horror of the words that were about to tumble out, Justin said in a low pained gasp, "I have to get close to him. I need to obtain his body fluids, and I must stab him with the ceremonial knife - the one he possesses."

 

"Close to him, my own? And how do you plan to do that?" Brian snarled, his face contorted in a jealous and murderous rage.

 

"I have to convince him that I have left you. Then, I have to let him think he is seducing me. When he is vulnerable enough and feeling confident in his possession of me - then I can gather what I need to destroy him..." Justin answered in a whimper, as tears freely streamed down his beautiful alabaster skin.

 

Brian shook his head back and forth, rage boiling within him. The conniving and brave little fucker. Does he actually believe that I will allow this? I NEVER release what belongs to me. And him? That would never happen in a million lifetimes. "Calm yourself, sweet boy," Brian crooned into his ear. "It's going to be fine. I am going to help you through this... but hear me now - you will never leave me, Justin. We are fated, remember? We will always be together."

 

"I used to think so," Justin sniffled. "However, it seems like our fate has been altered."

 

"When is this supposed to happen?" Brian asked, his mind already playing with possible alternatives.

 

"Tomorrow night. I am going to perform at The King of Babylon contest." Justin smiled slightly in his tormented state, as he continued, "I know you so well, my love. You would be driven mad by jealousy, and do something bold to stake your claim. I could use that to break apart from you. The most important part - Brandon would be there to witness it all."

 

Brian's eyes flared heatedly. "Brandon is banned from Babylon. How did you work that out in your little blond head?"

 

"Lindsay was going to find a way tomorrow to work around that..." Justin answered, filling in the final piece of the puzzle.

 

Fucking witches, Brian thought to himself. He would seek her out tonight. This would not happen. Not only would he NOT lose Justin, but he would not allow him to sacrifice himself to this maniacal beast. Brian's eyes softened in an expression of love as he heard the next words that fell from Justin's lips, his decision reaffirmed that this thing his devious soulmate had planned with his sister - would NOT be happening.

 

"Love you so much," Justin whispered, his head tossing back and forth on the pillows. "I - I don't want to do this... but I have to save you, my darling. If we stay together, he will find out about your curse and destroy you. I can't let that happen. I can save you... all of us."

 

Brian sighed, thinking that answered everything completely now. Justin's forlorn expressions, his strange choice of words when he returned home... and that look of utter hopelessness in his eyes. He wasn't doing this to eliminate Brandon... he was doing it out of his deep love for him. He wouldn't allow him to risk himself in such a manner. There were other ways... and he would find them. Closing his eyes, he began the process of releasing Justin from his aura. Sadly enough it had to be done with a lie, but he would make that up to him later. When this was all over - and it would be finished - he would explain it all to Justin.

 

In a soft soothing whisper, Brian spoke, "Shhh, sleep now, love. Everything is going to be fine. When you awake - you will not remember any of our talk. You will feel the inner peace and contentment of a night of being exquisitely loved by your true love and awakening in his arms. There will be no sadness when you awaken - only hope for the future. You will discard your plan when you awake, realizing it will not work. You now trust in me to make this right. Won't you, Justin?"

 

Justin smiled, turning on his side in the direction to face Brian's resting place. "Yes, I trust in you, Brian. Everything is going to be fine now."

 

Brian kissed him softly and lingeringly on the forehead before he rose from the bed. Looking down on him, he whispered almost savagely, "Yes, it will."

 


 

Brian had barely stepped outside his home, when his eyes narrowed angrily on Lindsay pacing back and forth on his lawn. He sped toward her in vampire speed, grasping her arm tightly as he all but dragged her toward the house. "Well well, if it isn't the manipulative little witch coming to see her progress."

 

"Release me at once, Brian. I can explain. However, it needs to be in your lower quarters where we cannot be heard," she hissed angrily, feeling a mixture of despair and appreciation of Brian's tenacity.

 

"That was precisely my plan. Follow me," he demanded. Stepping inside he waited for her to cross the threshold, before he locked and bolted the door. "Downstairs - now!"

 

"I trust Justin is in a deep and more restful sleep?" she snapped as they arrived in the lower quarters. "You forget that I feel his distress. I know what you did, Brian. He will never forgive this. Never!"

 

Brian laughed coldly. "He will in time. I don't care how many powers he possesses, he can't handle this on his own."

 

"Perhaps not, but it was our only chance. And now you in your predatory maneuvers have ruined everything," she nearly screeched at him.

 

Brian opened a sealed door that was a few doors down from the one he shared with Justin. Looking at her coldly, he rasped, "Scream at me all you like. No one will hear you down here."

 

"I cannot believe you manipulated his mind again, Brian. I don't care what your reasons are - it was wrong. Now, what the fuck are we going to do?" Lindsay demanded, pacing back and forth in front of him.

 

"Relax," Brian told her coldly. "I will obtain the dagger, that is probably the most difficult step. What else is needed? Justin said something about body fluids."

 

Lindsay nodded. "Three drops of his blood or his semen. I believe Justin thought his semen would be more attainable."

 

"Like hell," Brian growled savagely. "I can get the blood. Is there anything else?"

 

"A sample of his hair. I suppose you can get that, too?" she yelled back sarcastically. "You seem to forget that Brandon is a powerful warlock. He isn't going to fall for your mind tricks."

 

"Let me handle that, dear Lindsay. I am sure that I can devise a method, along with Justin's participation that will suitably draw Brandon in. Try not to forget who I am either," Brian rasped, his eyes boring deeply into hers.

 

Lindsay snorted indelicately. "How could I forget? You control everything and everyone. Now all of us must rely on you not to snap and resort to your primitive ways. Don't forget, Brian... we are all at risk here - not just me and you, but Justin as well. Keep that in mind. Won't you?"

 

"I don't need the reminders, Linds. Justin is all that matters. First, last, and always." Looking at the clock that was quickly moving, Brian told her in dismissal, "I need to return to Justin. I don't want him to wake up alone. Tomorrow, continue with your plan to allow Brandon access to Babylon. There won't be a break-up, however, the stage will be set to carry out his destruction."

 

Moving back upstairs and toward the door, she said in a low whisper, "I hope you know what you're doing, Brian."

 

Brian smiled reassuringly, before he closed the door behind her... locking it up once again for the night. Walking back downstairs, Brian quickly stripped before sliding into bed to gaze warmly at his lover sleeping in blissful ignorance. He kissed him softly on the lips, whispering earnestly, "I do love you... you cunning little shit. It will be over very soon now. When it is, perhaps you will finally realize there is nothing I won't do to protect and hold what is mine."

 

TBC