- Text Size +

Chapter 10


Brian and Justin enjoyed their time with Victor and Aiden and when Victor flew back home, Brian and Justin got ready to move on.  They would be back in a month before they flew to Ibiza where they would spend a month in a villa. The night before they left Monica prepared a special meal. When Brian and Justin walked into the dining room they found Aiden and Monica in an embrace that showed it obviously wasn’t the first time. 

When she dashed back into the kitchen, Brian asked, “Now we thought you and Leo might be friends with benefits and now Monica? Did we misread something?”

“Dad, I’m 18 years old and for the first time in my life I am treated like an adult.  I’m just playing the field.”

“Aiden, did we make you feel like a child?”  Justin put a hand on his shoulder.

“No, my family never did. It was everyone else that looked at me as an oddity. I love it here.  Monica is great and Leo, well damn, isn’t he sexy as hell?”

“Yes, I happened to notice that ass when he walked away,” Brian said and ducked Justin’s playful swing. “You can’t tell me you didn’t notice.”

“Of course I did.” Justin ran his hand over Brian’s ass. “But yours is holding up just fine for my taste. Go tell Monica she is welcome to join us for dinner.”

While Aiden went into the kitchen, Brian looked at Justin, “Well, I guess our son has grown into quite a man.”

“And an adventurous one.” Justin kissed Brian. “He loves it here. He is coming into his own.”

And then Aiden and Monica came back carrying platters and bowls. They ate the splendid  food and drank amazing wine from Victor’s wine cellar. After they ate, Brian and Justin went to their room and Aiden and Monica walked hand in hand to his.


Ted waited at the airport.  He had missed Victor so badly.  He hadn’t realized how hard it would be.  If he hadn’t spent time with the boys and a couple days with Fiona, he wasn’t sure he would have made it.  When Victor stepped out of the terminal, Ted moved to him and offered to take some of his bags but Victor dropped them and then took Ted in his arms and kissed him for so long the traffic police came over, tapped them on the shoulder and said, “Gentlemen, you need to move on.” He turned around and moved back to the road.

“Well, I guess a couple old fags just made a spectical of themselves,” Victor said. They both picked up the bags and got in the car. Once Ted pulled out Victor said, “Mon amour, please never let me go away that long again.  My heart can’t take it.”

“I feel the same way.  I just couldn’t...if it wasn’t for the boys and Cass and Fiona, I don’t know what I would have done.  Oh, and Gus got a puppy for Fi and Fi named him Gerald.”  They continued to catch up all the way home but as soon as they arrived all conversation stopped and once the bags were in the house the two men moved directly to the bedroom.


“JR, have you heard from your dads?” Trevor asked JR when he arrived at the bakery.

“No, I heard from Ted when he arrived and he said the plane had landed and he was waiting for him.”

“They are probably just catching up.”

“Catching up on sex,” JR laughed. “I hope we have sex as much as they do when we are their age.”

“I don’t have a problem with that. In fact,” Trevor moved behind the counter of the bakery and pressed against JR’s ass. He brought his mouth close to JR’s ear, “can you get away from the counter for 30 minutes?”

“Anton, I’m taking a break, can you watch the front counter?”

“Sure, JR, it’s slow right now.  I just have one last pan of cookies to pull out.”

Trevor led JR to the office. As soon as he could shut the door he started pulling at JR’s waistband. “Damn, slow down.  We have time.” He pulled Trevor against him and kissed him. “It won’t be long before there are three of us. Do you think we are ready for this?”

“We have this as long as we are together.” 

“I couldn’t agree more,” JR was now opening Trevor’s pants and then roughly pulled them down and turned him around, pressing him down over the desk. Trevor kicked the wastebasket over a few inches so when he came it would land in the garbage, hopefully.  JR didn’t waste time. He positioned his cock at Trevors bud and started pushing.  He was always amazed Trev could take him in.  He knew he couldn’t take it. Trev grunted as JR moved all the way in and he started moving in and out with Trevor moving back to meet him. It wasn’t long before both of them were grasping the desk and shuttering, stifling their cries at orgasms. 

“Damn, can you come everyday at lunch?” JR asked.

“Of course I can cum everyday but do you mean I should come here to cum?” 

“Smart ass!” JR said as he kissed him. “I better clean up a bit and then get back to work.” He went into the bathroom to wash and heard his phone ring. “Hey, babe, can you grab that?”

“JR’s phone,” Trevor answered. 

“Trev, it’s Ray.  I’m at the hospital with Charita.  Vic and Ted aren’t answering and … Can you and JR come?” 

“JR is on his way.  I will go past your dads’ place and get them over there, too.”

“Thanks, Trevor.  Tell him to hurry.”

Two minutes later they were on their way.  Trevor managed to get Ted and Vic on the phone so they would meet at the hospital.  Ten minutes later JR was rushing in to find his brother.  “Oh, JR, I’m so scared.  She started bleeding and her mom called me saying Rita wanted me here. I don’t know..” 

At that moment Trev and Ted walked up.  Ted put his arms around Ray.  “Vic is already in the room with her.” Ray held onto him tightly. Trevor walked over to JR and they held hands. All of them moved to the waiting room. Now they just had to wait.  “Is Charita’s mom in the room with her?”

“For now but if she gets worse she will probably be sent out.” Ray fought to keep his emotions under control but his lip gave him away. “If anything happens to her...I was so stupid.  Just a condom …”

JR put his arms around his brother.  “You know dad is the best doctor around. He is there for her and, I know this isn’t what either of you pictured but you are changing Trev and my lives in the best of ways and we will never be able to thank you.”

Ray held on to JR.  “I have been such a pain in your ass, I am glad I can do something for you.”

Ted tapped Ray’s shoulder  as Victor walked up.  He moved directly to his younger son and took his hands. “Ray, she is good,” he glanced at JR and said, “and so is the baby.” Trevor’s head fell on JR’s shoulder.  “We are keeping her here.  We hope the baby will wait a couple weeks yet.” Smiling at JR, “I suggest you two get the nursery ready.”

“Can I see her, Vic?” Ray asked.  

“Sure, I’ll take you back. JR, can you get your dad home?”

“Of course.” The small group broke up and Trev, Ted, and JR walked to the car.  As Trev pulled out into traffic, JR was in deep thought. From the back seat Ted saw the look on his face.

“JR, I have known you long enough to know you are thinking about something.”

“I guess I am just nervous.  I know we can be good dads but I wasn’t thinking about a premie and we both took time off but…”

“I just thought of this so I haven’t talked to Victor about it but, what would the two of you think about moving in with us.  I don’t want an answer right now but if we took out one wall and added a door to the outside, we could make you a suite. We could benefit from your amazing cooking and if you are going to leave for work at 4:00 and Trev has to go at 7:00, we could help with the baby on swing shift.  I’m not saying I would babysit everyday but while she is so small the more hands the better.”

Trevor reached over at JR and squeezed his hand, nodding his head. “Oh, Dad, you need to talk to Dad about this. We would love that but you both have to be on board.”

“I’ll talk to him and we will get back to you.”

“Let him know we understand if he prefers not to have this.  I mean, you two took us in about 10 years ago and since then you haven’t had the place to yourselves.”

“JR, bringing you and Ray into the house was the best thing we ever did other than marrying each other.  We were never sorry we took you in.”

“I love you, too, Dad.” JR reached back and Ted took his hand.

“Why don’t you come in and see if what I was thinking would work for you and then we will talk to a contractor.”

An hour later JR and Trevor drove away.  Victor called to let them know that Charita was much more stable and he loved the idea of JR and Trev moving in.  They had called a retired contractor Ted knew and he said he could take on the job and should have it done in a week  and actually gave them a better suggestion that would give JR and Trev more room for them and their daughter.  “Can you believe we are moving in about 10 days?”

“I can and I think this will work perfectly for us.”

“Your dads are so good to us. You are so lucky to have them.”

“Are you going to tell your mom about the baby?”

“I doubt it.  She can’t stand to look at me, why would she want to know about our daughter.  You know we need to think about a name or two.”

“I agree we should come up with some names but I also think you should let your mom know.  Maybe that’s what it will take to start a relationship again.”

“JR, please don’t push it. She would probably tell us we weren’t fit to raise a child.”

“It is her loss.  She is missing out on one of the best men I have ever met.”

“You have to say that.  You married me.”

They arrived home and went into the house.  As JR made dinner, Trev started looking up baby names.  “I have an idea.  How about something for Ted and Victor? I found a name generator and when I put their names in I got a couple options.  I have Vida, Tora, but my favorite is Tori.”

“I like that a lot.  How about Tori Grace.  Grace was your grandma’s name, right? The one that helped raise you?”

“Oh, JR, I love it!  Tori Grace.  I guess we have to decide on a last name.  You and I always just kept our own last name because neither of us were attached to them. Let’s pick a last name to give Tori that she can be proud of.”

“I love that idea. I guess we have two weeks to decide.  Well, hopefully two weeks.”

Trevor walked to the counter where JR was stirring something in a pan.  He turned off the burner and turned JR around. “Can you believe how our lives are going? Did you ever think we could be this happy?”

JR kissed Trevor, “The minute Justin introduced us, my world was perfect.  Anything beyond that has just been sprinkles on the cake.  Now Tori? She’s a whole new tier.”

“You’d think I was married to a baker or something.”  They kissed again. “Can dinner wait a bit?” His hand slid down to JR’s ass.

“Hell, it can wait until tomorrow!” JR made sure everything was turned off and threw the meat back in the refrigerator and they moved toward their bedroom.


Cass sat in her old room with her items she brought from her old place.  She had washed the clothes she had reclaimed and had folded it.  She opened the box she had packed and sat there looking at the sonogram picture. She remembered how happy she was when she saw the first image and she remembered when she knew the baby was gone. She buried her head in her hands.

Gus came in and found her weeping in the chair.  He dropped to his knees and put his arms around her.  “Cassie, what is it?  What  happened today?”  He glanced down and saw the picture in her lap.  He gently reached down and took it. “Oh, sweetheart. I’m so sorry.”

She reached out and put her arms around his neck.  “I’m sorry.  I know this has nothing to do with you.”

“That couldn’t be further from the truth. Anything that affects you, affects me. Cassie, you need to talk this out. Please call someone or let me call someone.”

“Gus, can we wait until after the wedding? We can set up something for next week.”

“Let’s compromise.  Schedule it tomorrow for sometime next week. They may not even be able to get you in for a couple weeks.”

“Am I really that bad? Am I so hard to love?” Cass was defensive all of the sudden.

“That’s not what I meant! I just can't deal with you hurting like this.”

“Now I am hard to deal with?” She stood up fast enough to send Gus backward.  For a second she froze.  If that had ever happened with Carl she would have a couple broken ribs. When she realized Gus was just surprised and was now on his feet, she kept the defiant face.

“Cass, maybe you should sleep in here tonight.  Maybe you need a little time alone.” He got to the door and turned, “I love you.  Having a disagreement doesn’t change that.” He walked over to her and dropped a kiss on her lips but then turned and walked out. 

“Gus!” she called out but then dropped onto the bed. Why’d she pushed him? She knew she was irrational but she didn’t need help, did she?  This time she dropped onto the bed and cried herself to sleep.


Brian and Justin drove into the French countryside and arrived at the cottage they had rented.  They would be here for two weeks and then they would move to a villa in Spain.  They had stopped at the end of the drive and were given a key and detailed direction. They followed a long drive with lavender fields on both sides and as they crested a hill they saw the picturesque home for the next two weeks. They both got out of the convertible and immediately sought each other’s arms and lips. After kissing for several minutes they separated their bodies but slipped their arms around each other. They looked off into the distance. The vast mountains were stunning as the sun came between peaks and  had started to turn pink as it dropped lower. The aroma drifting from the fields was almost intoxicating.

“Let’s open up the place to air it out like they suggested and check out the pantry and…” 

Brian interrupted Justin. “And then check out the bed?”

“Um, we have all the time in the world.  If we end up eating dinner at midnight and breakfast at 10:00 a.m. we can do that.  The next two months we have no restrictions. In fact, for the next several days I hope to be making love right over there on that swinging bed.”

“Damn, I love the way you think. No wonder I’ve kept you around all these years.”

“Kept me around?” Justin put his hands on his hips and looked at him.

“You’re lucky I stuck around.” Then he lost the stern look he had on his face and smiled at Brian, as his arms again entwined around Brian’s neck.  “I’m sure the kitchen can wait.  Let’s check out the bedroom.”  Together they strode into the small house and looked around.  It had a main room with a comfortable sitting area with a fireplace if it gets chilly and on the other side was a small but cozy kitchen.  Next they walked to the bedroom.  It had double doors out to a garden and as Brian opened the doors  he called Justin over. As they looked out the garden bed was to the left but the rest of the small garden had an old stone path that led to the fields and the foothills of the mountains appeared to almost wrap around in protection.  They could see a vineyard in the distance. 

As Justin leaned back against Brian, Brian began to untie Justin’s buttons.  Soon he slipped the shirt off Justin’s shoulders and threw it on an old rocker. Justin turned to face him.  I know it isn’t similar but it reminds me of our first meeting in Montana.” 

Brian pulled him close and kissed him softly.  “This place couldn’t be more perfect.” He sighed as Justin’s hand began to work on his fly.  “You aren’t going to make me work as hard to get you into bed, are you?”

Brian’s pants fell onto the floor and Brian stepped out of them and together they walked to the bed.  It looked as if it might be 100 years old and had gauze draped across the top and winding its way down the posts. Justin dropped his pants as Brian tugged off his shirt. As they stood naked near the bed. Ever so slowly they closed the distance between each other.  They reached out and began to touch each other. As they grazed each other's arms and chests they closed the gap as they dropped on the bed.


Gus left for the bakery before 5:00.  He was glad they had found a couple amazing bakers that started around 3:00 so by the time he got there at 5:00 he could start on the specialty items.  The bakery was growing far faster than he had expected and they had started talking about expanding to an online service, too. As he started baking a few dozen cupcakes, his mind went back to last night. Had he overreacted? He didn’t think so.  She really did need to talk to someone. He hated fighting with her.  Picking up his phone he called her. 

“Daddy, miss you.”

“Oh, baby doll, I miss you, too. May I talk to Cass, please?”

“CASS, Daddy on the phone.”  Gus could hear her little feet running followed by puppy feet. 

“Hey,” Cass said softly.

“Hey, Cassie.  Everything alright this morning?”

“Gus, I’m sorry.  I don’t know what came over me last night.”

“You don’t owe me an apology but thank you anyway.  How is Gerald?”

Cass laughed, “He is a sweetheart.  I was just switching a load of laundry and now we are going to play in the backyard for a bit.”

“Why don’t you come for lunch? We have a couple really good specials today, including Fi’s favorite cupcakes.”

“That sounds great.  Maybe a little before noon? That way we can get back in time for Fiona’s nap.”

“Great! See you then.” Gus softly added, “I love you, Cass.”

“Oh, Gus, I love you, too.”

Gus checked on the cupcakes and started the filling.  He cooked some strawberries, adding a bit of salt and sugar and then a splash of vanilla and lemon juice. As soon as it was done he threw it in a bowl and then the refrigerator.  Next, he started whipping egg whites for meringue frosting.  His phone rang on the counter behind him. It was George.  He had called him last night after the argument and George listened quietly.  “Hey, George.”

“Everything alright this morning?”

“It is.  I just got off the phone with my girls and they are coming for lunch.”

“I’m glad. Has she agreed to talk to someone?”

“I am going to call the counselor I saw after… It is funny how the same person can help someone who lost the love of their life and then the person who was in love with the wrong person.”  They chatted for a couple more minutes before Gus said, “I really have to get to this frosting before it is over whipped.”

“Sure, Gus. When do you think you will be able to come out here? I don’t want that girl to forget me.”

“It will be soon and of course you are always welcome here, George.”

“The season is basically done here so we will talk soon and come up with a plan.  Kiss my girl for me.”

“I will, George.  I love you.”

“Oh, Gus, I love you, too.”

“Hey, bro.” JR said, kissing Gus’ cheek. He looked at him, “Everything alright with you?”

“Ya, fine.  Cass and I had a little disagreement last night.  I think going to her place brought up a bit of stuff. It’s alright now.  Cass is bringing Fi for lunch.”

“Well, that explains the strawberry cupcakes. Fi loves those so much.”

“How are you doing? Everything Ok with pending fatherhood?”

JR filled him in on the latest plans for the move.  “This is going to be so perfect for us.  And I really think my dads are excited about this.”

“Of course they are.  They love you and Ray but they didn’t have you as babies. Now they are ready to help you with your little girl. When are you moving? Let me know if we can help in any way.”

“Oh, trust me, my friend.  You keep this place going and you are doing enough.”

“You know we need to talk about the expansion soon.”

“Ya, Dad, is looking at the numbers for us.  He thinks it will be a great opportunity for us.”

“Well if Uncle Ted thinks it will work I am in.”  As they talked Gus filled the cupcakes with the strawberry filling and then topped them with the fluffy top. He piped it on and it looked like fur.

“That’s new.” JR picked up the cupcake that now looked like a puppy.

“It is just something special for my baby doll.  Gerald has captured all our hearts.  He slept with her all night.”

The rest of the morning they worked and at 11:30 a.m. Gus heard little feet and just before Fi grabbed his leg, JR swooped her up in the air and a giggle filled the bakery workroom.  Gus kissed his daughter, “Hey, sweetheart.  Can you stay with Uncle JR for just a minute and then we can all have lunch.”

“Sure, Daddy. Puppies!  Look at the puppy cupcakes!”  

Gus took Cass to the office and shut the door before he pulled close. “I missed you last night.”

“I was such an ass.” She stepped into his arms and they kissed.

“No, love. You had every right to be upset but please call the number I put in your phone or let me call for you.  I talked to them right after we got home.  They said they would make room for you anytime.”

“Gus, I just don’t know if I am ready to talk.”

“Cass, ready or not, it’s time.” He kissed her.  “Remember if I didn’t care, I wouldn't push you so much. I just want you to be happy and healthy.”

“I’ll call, Gus.  I promise.”

“I love you, Cass.”

“I love you, too. Now, I’m hungry. I have been thinking about that seafood salad sandwich all day.”

Fi ran to Gus and reached up so he picked her up and she put her hands on both of his cheeks.  “Daddy, cupcake pleeeease.” She kissed him.

“You may have a cupcake after you eat a  sandwich or some potato casserole.”

“The fluffy kind?”

“Yes, the fluffy kind.” 

“Yeah!”

“You three, go sit.  What do you want?” JR asked Gus. 

“I’ll have chili with a couple garlic knots.”

“Be right back.”


By the time Cass walked out of the bakery, she was carrying an almost sleeping Fi.  “Home to Gerald,” she mumbled as Cass put her in her car seat.

“Yes, sweetie. We will let Gerald out and then he can nap with you.” If she could make it home without throwing up, she thought.  She wasn’t sure what was going on but she felt like crap the last few days. It had to be her nerves.  In two days she would be Mrs. Gus Kinney.  She knew she didn’t deserve him.  She never had succeeded at anything in her life.  What if this didn’t work out? She couldn’t live if she lost him. Carl loved her at first but then she started messing up. As she drove away, her stomach began to churn more. She hated this feeling. She just wanted to go back to Montana.


The next two days went quickly.  Cass had turned down a chance to shop for a special dress but the day before the wedding, Gus came home early and had three dress bags.  “Gus, what are these?” Cass walked over and kissed him.

“All I know is they are dresses. I brought your picture to a boutique and told them your size and height.  I told them it was for a simple wedding and they got these together. One is supposed to be a pale color and the other two are deep jewel tones. They said since it was fall they would be perfect.   You know I prefer you in nothing but I am afraid they wouldn’t allow a nude wedding.” He pulled her close and as he went in to kiss her Gerald peed on his shoe.

“Bad dog!” Cass said but had to smile at the fuzz ball at their feet. 

“No, Gerald.  Potty outside.” Fi said as she walked over to her parents.

Cass started to walk to the kitchen but Gus stopped her as he slipped off his wet shoe. “You go take a look at those.  I will take care of this,” He pointed to the puddle, “and then we will go play in the backyard.”

Cass ran for the steps and up them with the dresses in her hand. She went to her room and put the dress bags on the bed.  She unzipped each one.  The first was a simple sheath in blue green. Over top of it was an ombre lace that was the deepest at the hem and gradually lightened to the bodice. She put it on and looked in the mirror.  It fit her like it had been tailored for her. The next dress was gorgeous as well with a rose colored skirt with a white bodice painted with red roses.  As she slipped it on, the skirt landed just above the knee. The full, circular skirt had a vintage feel to it and made her feel beautiful.  For the first time she noticed there was a bump in the bottom of each bag and when she walked over she pulled a bag with shoes.  Slipping them on, they fit her perfectly.  The heel was big enough she didn’t feel like she had to balance.  They were a perfect match and had a rose on the top of each. She felt like a princess.  She knew this was the dress but she still looked at the last one.  It was also very pretty in a champagne pink but she knew she had her dress. She hung the dress in the closet and put the other two away.

When Cass changed back into her jeans she went down. She stood at the door watching Fi and Gerald, what a name, run around. She and Gus had discussed it.  They didn’t even know anyone named Gerald. She went out with her family.

“Did any of them work for you?”

“Oh, they were all beautiful but one of them….it was so perfect. So did you set something up for Fi?”

“I did.  She is going to be our flower girl.  JR, Fi and I will go in one car and Trev is going to pick you up.  I want to be surprised.  I don’t know why, and you are stunning no matter what, but I don’t want to see you before.”

“You are such a romantic.” Wrapping her arms around his neck. “I love you.  I love us.” She laughed as Fiona tripped over the puppy and they both rolled on the ground. 

His hand slipped to her ass and pulled her close, “I love you, too, Cassandra.” He loved the roundness of her ass.  She had filled out very nicely.  “Did the therapist’s office call?”

“I think I missed the call.”

“Cass, I thought you agreed to go talk. That’s all it is, talking to someone who knows how to help you deal with your past.”

She kissed him hungrily.  “Can’t we just be happy to get married and then I’ll focus on that.”

Gus started opening his mouth but stopped. “You’re right. Tomorrow at this time it will be you and me and dinner at a very nice restaurant.”

“What about Fiona?”

“Fiona is going to stay with her uncles tomorrow night. It will be just you and me.”

“That is perfect but right now I better go start dinner.”

“I can cook.”

“No, Gus, play with Fi and Gerald. I will let you know when it is ready.”  She dropped one kiss on his lips and went back into the house.


The next morning Gus woke in bed alone. The night before they decided they would sleep alone and, although they would see each other, living in the same house, they weren’t going to spend much of the day together. Gus spent the morning with Fi and Gerald while Cass pampered herself with a long bath and then she went back to her room. As she dried her hair her eyes kept going to the box from her childhood. She hadn’t moved it since JR had dropped it in her room. That box had been in her possession for twenty years and she had never even opened it. She remembered her dad had given it to her the last time she saw him.  She wasn’t sure what she would find in it but today it almost called her to it. She stood and started walking toward it but was stopped by a knock on the door.

“Cass, can I come in?” It was Trevor’s voice.

“Sure, come in.”

Trevor walked in with a box that looked like it was for fishing tackle.  “I am sure you didn’t know this but when I was in college I was pretty good with makeup.  The art department and the theater department worked together and I thought, if you don’t mind, I’d like to help with your makeup today.”

“I would love that.  I had wished I had someone to help but Carl never let me have friends and, well, I haven’t gotten out there yet.”

“Cass, remember, I was in a similar situation.  When I met JR, I knew I had finally  found the right person and now so have you.”

“Ya…” Cass got quiet as Trevor started getting the makeup setup.

It was several moments before either of them spoke. Finally Trev said, “What is it, Cass?”

“I know I found the right person but Gus found the right person earlier. I sometimes wonder if ….”

“I have known Gus for a while and I knew Marley.  She would be so happy knowing that Gus found you. You are just what she would want for her family.”

She hugged Trevor tightly.  “Thank you, Trevor.”

“Now, show me what you are wearing.”


JR and Gus got Fi dressed in a frilly dress of soft pink and then dressed themselves.  JR and Trevor had matching button down shirts with vests and trousers while Gus dressed in a tailored black suit.  “JR. what tie should I wear?”

“Let me go check.” JR went down the hall and knocked on the door.  “Can I come in?” he already was moving forward. “I am checking on tie color and then we are heading out.” He looked at Cass’ dress.  “Wow! You look…”

“Trev can work wonders. Gus has a blood red tie.  I think that should work perfectly with this.” 

JR walked over and kissed her on the cheek.  “You both deserve this.”  JR walked to Trevor, “I love you.”

Trevor laid a hand on his cheek. “Love you more, Dad.”

And JR was gone.  Ten minutes later Trevor and Cass heard JR, Gus, and Fi move down the staircase. In ten more minutes, Cass and Trevor moved downward. As they got to the front door, Trevor’s phone rang.

“Hey, what’s up? Really, holy shit! Ya, we are on our way. Ok. Ya, love you!”

“Trev, what is it?”

“Our baby’s on the way.  It will be a while but, oh shit, we are supposed to have Fiona tonight.”

“Don’t even think twice.  Gus and I can go out  another night. We better go so I can become a wife and you can become a dad.” They hugged and went out to the car. 


Gus hadn’t told anyone about the wedding, other than JR and Trevor anyway.  As he waited for Cass he watched JR pace back and forth.  “Bro, if you and Trev want to go, I totally understand.”

“No, Charita doesn’t feel comfortable with us in the labor room, so we weren’t going to be there anyway. I see the car. Gus let me have Fi and you turn your back to the road.

Fiona kissed JR’s face as she put her arms around his neck, “Here comes your mommy?”

“Mommy?” Fi questioned.

“Yes, Cass is going to be your mommy.”

As the car pulled up, Trev parked and rushed around to help Cass out.  He offered his hand and Cass stood up. “My mommy is pretty!” Fi said when she stepped out.

“Can I turn around now?” Gus asked.  

“Turn around, Gus,” Cass said softly.

Gus didn’t say anything.  He closed the space between them and took both her hands, “you are so….wow. You are gorgeous.” He started to pull her close but she stopped him.

“Not until it is official and these two are in a hurry!” Cass turned to Fi, “You look very pretty, sweetie.”

“Thanks, Mommy.  JR said you’re my mommy.”

“You, yes sweetheart. And it makes me very happy.”

The tears started at that moment and someone was crying from then until the end of the quick service. A half hour later Trevor and JR were on their way to the hospital and Gus, Cass, and Fiona were on their way home.

Gus called the chef at the restaurant where they were supposed to have dinner and explained the situation.  A late dinner would be dropped off at 8:00.  By that time, Fiona would be asleep and they could still have a special dinner. Fi had been put down and the food had just been delivered when Gus’ phone rang. He pulled Cass against his body while he answered the call. “Hey, JR, is the baby here?” There was a pause. “JR, what can we do? Do you want me to come?” Another pause. “Alright, but keep in touch and if I can do anything...” He laid the phone down.

“Gus, is something wrong?” Cass asked with concern.

 

“I hope not,” Gus sighed. “Sit down, Cass, and I will serve dinner.”