- Text Size +

Chapter 11 


Gus plated the food that had arrived as Cass lit the candles. As they got to the table Gus pulled out her chair and as she sat, he kissed her neck “I love you Cass Kinney.”

“Oh, I love the sound of that and I love you.” Cass squeezed his hand.  “Is everything alright with JR and Trevor? Is the baby here?”

“When JR called, Trevor was in the middle of getting stitches and Uncle Ted and Victor were holding the baby.”

“Stitches! What happened? No, wait, Charita let them come into the room.”

Gus smiled, “Exactly.  As the baby arrived Trev checked out.  He caught his eye on the bed rail.  He just got a couple stitches and will have a headache.”

“Awe, poor guy.  And the baby?”


“Oh, Trevor, I am so glad you are Ok. I was so worried.”

“Awe, JR,” Trevor ran his hand along JR’s jawline, “I am sorry I ruined the birth.”

“Nothing could have ruined that birth.  She is beautiful and she is perfect.”

“You are so right, boys,” Ted said as he passed the newborn to Victor. They were in a room at the end of the hall.  “Have you chosen a name for her?”

JR wrapped his arm around Trev. “Yes, her name is Tori Grace.  Tori for the two of you and Grace after Trev’s grandmother who never stopped loving him.”

Ted and Victor both had tears running down their cheeks. “You did that for us?” Victor looked down at the new fathers. “I have received many accolades but this is by far the best.  Has your mom gotten back to you?”

“She has.  She comes back to town tomorrow.  She so wanted to be here by the time the baby arrived but this trip was very important for her husband.”

“Well, I am sure she will be over as soon as she can. If she wants to stay overnight you have that extra room.  I am so glad the house is finished.” Ted said as he hugged Victor from behind. “And now I think it is time for us to go home and let the three of you get to know each other.” 

Victor carried the baby over to her daddies and gently laid her in Trevor’s arms and Victor and Ted slipped out of the room.


As Gus and Cass finished dinner Gerald came wandering past them and stood by the door and whined. “Shall we join him outside for a while?”

“If you promise to keep me warm.”

“I hope I can do better than warm.” Gus yanked her to him and then glanced at her face hoping she didn’t react negatively. She just pressed her curvy body against his. “Damn, woman, you drive me totally crazy.” As Gerald did his business, Gus and Cass got down to business. By the time Gerald was ready to go back in, they were both half undressed. Gerald led the way and moved back into Fiona’s room while Gus and Cass moved into the master.

“That pup is so amazing.  He has only had a couple small accidents.” 

“Cass, my love, I am really not in the mood to talk.  I have something else…” She stepped closer and gently cupped his chin with one hand and the other hand she slipped into his pants. “Oh, yes.”

Cass slipped to her knees and tugged Gus’ pants down.  He stepped out of them and then she gently took him into her mouth.  She had not done that since they had been here.  He had always felt she may have an experience that wasn’t good but now she was so gentle and skilled he had to fight for control. He dropped onto the bed and with that Cass began something with her mouth and Gus shot cum deep into her throat. And the second he did, Cass stood and rushed into the bathroom where he heard her retching.

Gus followed her into the bathroom, “Cassie, are you alright?”

“Ya.  I’m so sorry. I thought I could do it. I thought I was…”

Gus helped her to her feet, “I don’t want to start anything tonight but, honey, whatever is causing all your stomach issues is probably because you still haven’t dealt with something.”

“Gus, please…”

“I would never ask you to do anything you didn’t want to do.  I know there are things he did to you and ….”

“Stop!” she said a little too loudly. “Why did you even marry me if I am so screwed up? I don’t know what’s wrong with me.” Her voice now trailed off and she buried her face in her hands. 

Gus cocooned her in his arms. “I married you because Fi and I can’t live without you and you may have a couple things you need to work through but we are all here for you and if you never feel comfortable talking to me, you will get past this with some help.”

“I’m sorry…” Cass was cut off by a gentle kiss. Gus scooped her up and carried her to the bed.

“Love, we don’t have to do anything as long as you are with me.”

“I think we can do much better than sleep together.”

“I am so glad you said that.”


Brian and Justin woke to exciting news. Ted and Victor were grandparents and there was a picture of Gus, Cass, and Fi all dressed up with a message, ‘We got married’.

“Wow, how exciting is that?” Justin asked as he and Brian sat in a big copper tub  in the back garden.  They hadn’t seen it the first day because it was a bit obscured for privacy but they had used it every day since.  They had been getting up and strolling out to the garden where they would make love in the morning sun. Then one of them went in and made coffee and would bring it out along with whatever pastry the landlord dropped off that morning.  There was always fresh fruit to go along with it and either fresh sweetened butter or whipped cream to go with their breakfast.

“It is hard to believe we have been here ten days already.  I am not sure I want to leave.” Brian said as he ran his hand down Justin’s naked body.

“I have loved it, too, but in the next few weeks it will be too cool to do this anymore so we may as well move south to Spain where, if you forgot, we have a stunning villa waiting for us.”

“I know you’re right.  I hope it is as great as this place.” Brian drug part of a croissant through the dish of butter before popping it in his mouth. “Damn, don’t tell Gus but I think these are even better  than his.”

“And this butter…” Justin drug his finger through the butter and then trailed it down Brian’s clavicle and then followed the line with his tongue. “And I didn’t think you could taste any better.”

It was Brian’s turn to run his finger through the butter and drug his finger down his own cock. He looked at Justin and raised his eyebrows as Justin slid down the bed and to Brian’s surprise, not only did he take the buttered cock in his mouth, he slid his finger into him and began massaging his prostate, silencing Brian except for a sigh of bliss.


Gus stopped by the hospital around 10:00 a.m. on the way to the bakery. He was directed down the hall and found Trevor and JR.  Trev put his finger to his lips and nodded to the other bed. JR lay sound asleep with Tori Grace on his bare chest. “I know she is wet but they are sleeping so soundly and I am sure the nurse will be in shortly,” he whispered. 

“Congratulations, by the way.” Gus walked over and kissed Trevor.

“Get away from my man, Kinney.” JR said softly.

Gus turned and grinned at his friend and, walking over to him.  “May I?” he reached for the now moving baby.

“Sure, she needs a diaper change though.”

“I think I can manage that.” Gus picked up the tiny girl in his arms.  “Wow, I forgot how little they are.” He gently laid Tori on a small table and pulled out a clean diaper.  In seconds he had her in a clean diaper and wrapped her in a blanket.  She was starting to fuss now, needing a bottle. Trevor pressed the call button as Gus sat next to JR.  “How is your head, Trev?”

“It’s fine. I’m embarrassed.  I can’t believe I passed out and actually missed the birth.  I don’t know why I passed out but it was so….wow.” 

A nurse walked in and smiled at the men.  “Is your little one hungry?” Gus swayed with the fussing child.

“She is.” Gus said as he handed Tori back to JR. 

“I will be back with her bottle and then, if you would like, I will come back and take her for a bath and a quick checkup before we send all of you home.”

“We get to take her home?” Trevor said, surprised by the news.

“Well, since you live with Dr. Gerard, you are all in good hands.” The nurse left and minutes later brought a bottle and left again.

“Hey, guys, I am heading to the bakery. You need time with your daughter.  I will talk to you soon.” Gus kissed the beautiful baby and then JR’s cheek.  “Enjoy.  They grow up fast.” Gus left abruptly.  Once out in the hall he leaned his forehead against the wall.  He wasn’t sure why his emotions were hitting him right now.  The baby, Fi, Martha, and now Cass. Damn, how could he feel so blessed and hurt so much at the same time. 

Arms came around Gus and JR rested his head on Gus’ shoulder. Gus turned and hugged JR.  “I am sorry.  I don’t know why….”

“Oh, bro, you are happy for us and you love Cass but seeing Tori and thinking about Fiona, has to remind you of the day she was born and Marley.  She is so happy for you.”

“I love you, JR. Thank you, now get in there with your daughter and husband and I am going to go check on our business.  Enjoy every second of life.” With that, Gus walked away and JR went back into the room with his family.

When Gus arrived at the bakery he made everything was running smoothly and then went to the office.  He looked at the clock.  It would be 7:00 where his dads were.  He picked up his phone and called.  

“Hey, Gus!” Brian sounded cheerful.

“I didn’t catch you at a bad time, did I?”

“If you are asking if we are in bed, no.  It is raining outside so I am watching Justin’s ass in the kitchen as he finishes our dinner.  I have you on speaker phone.”

“Hey Gus, how is our little princess?” Justin asked.

“She is great.  She had two exciting things happen yesterday.”

Brian asked, “What went on yesterday?”

“Well, JR and Trevor’s little girl is here and she is gorgeous.”

“That is so great, Gus.  Ted and Victor hadn’t told us yet. Everything went well?”

“Except for Trev fainting and needing stitches, everyone is great.”

“And the other excitement?” Justin asked.

“Fiona learned a new word.”

“And what might that be?” Brian asked.

“Mommy.”

“Oh, Gus! You got married?”Justin responded.

“I just sent you a picture.”

There was a moment of silence. “Damn, you three are so gorgeous.” Brian’s voice caught in his throat. 

“Dad, please don’t get emotional.  I have had a hard time today pulling myself together.”

“Oh, Gus, I know you love Cass but I am sure that with the baby, your Martha feels close.”

“Ya,” Gus swallowed hard.  “I don’t know if I should be sad because I feel happy.  And Cass, as much as I love her she still has battles to fight.” He took a sharp breath.  “And I miss you guys.”

“Son, do you want us to come home? We….”

“Absolutely not.  We have hired a new manager at the bakery and they are amazing so I think in a couple weeks, we might go to Matha’s Vineyard.  George wants to see Fi and I want to introduce Cass to George.”

“That sounds like a great idea,” 

“Dads, thanks for listening.  I need to get to work and you two enjoy your dinner.”

“Gus, we love you.  Call us if you need to talk,” Brian commented.

Once Gus hung up, Brian put his arms around Justin’s shoulders and he rubbed against Justin’s bare ass.  “Do you think he realized you were really looking at my ass?”

“Na, but I think we need to keep up this no clothes thing when we get back to Pittsburgh.” Brian rubbed his cock up and down the cleft of Justin’s ass.

“Well, I wouldn’t complain.  I love looking at your body and now that we don’t feel like we need to jack off every five minutes, just looking at you gives me pleasure.”

“As long as we don’t stop making love some of the time.” Brian started to press into Justin’s bud and Justin braced himself for the pressure and the pleasure. Brian moved slowly, holding onto Justin’s shoulders and as they both began to tremble, Brian softly said, “I love you, Justin Taylor.  You are my life.” His hand moved down and the moment he touched Justin’s cock he shivered and came.

“Damn, Brian Kinney, that never gets old.”

With that comment, Brian thrust once more and shouted as he had an explosive orgasm.


Gus went home late that afternoon.  He had planned to be home earlier but there was a problem with their walk-in cooler. While he waited for the repairman, Gus dealt with a customer who insisted she shouldn’t have to pay for her outstanding order before she could charge more to her office account. By the time Gus left, the repairman had given him an estimate and was working at getting the cooler fixed.  As he drove home he just thought about sitting on the patio with Cass and a beer, watching Gerald and Fiona play together.

“Daddy!,” Fi ran to greet him with Gerald yipping behind her. He picked his wiggly little girl up as the furball took hold of the hem of his pants. “Mommy, Daddy’s home.”

Gus’ heart lurched.  Why did that simple word make his spirit soar and crash all at the same time. Why did he feel so guilty? He knew he needed to talk to his therapist. He needed to work through this and he wasn’t doing a very good job on his own.

“Hey, gorgeous.” Gus said as he walked into the family room where Cass was folding clothes.  Gerald was still holding onto Gus’ pants and was drug behind.

“You were gone longer than you expected to be,” was her response.

“Sorry,” he kissed her gently and then set Fiona down.  “Can we take time to just sit out on the patio and have a beer or a glass of wine? Then in half an hour I will make dinner.”

“I really want to get this…” Cass’ words trailed off as Gus kissed her neck.  “Alright, I’ll finish the clothes while you make dinner.” 

“Wine or beer?”

“As off as my stomach has been, how about some ginger ale.”

“Still not feeling good? Maybe you should go see your doctor.”

“I’ll give it a couple more days and then I’ll call if I am still feeling this way.”

As they sat out in the sun, Gus told her about Tori, “She is just so tiny and perfect.  I can’t believe Fi was that tiny. Look at her now,” he reached out, pointing at Fi trying to help Gerald onto a chair.  “So, Mrs. Kinney, any regrets?”

“Regret? What would I regret?”

“I don’t want you to feel pushed or over stressed. I can get someone to come in and help clean if you would like. And remember, when you set up therapy, they have daycare right there.”

“Gus, can’t you just leave that alone for one night?” 

“I’m sorry.  I just scheduled a time to talk to him so I thought about you, too.”

“Why are you talking to him?” Cass asked with a little shake in her voice.  “Gus, I promised, I’ll call.”

He kissed the tip of her nose. “Love, it doesn’t have anything to do with you.  It is just some of my own insecurities. There were issues at the bakery and JR is going to be out for a couple weeks. When I talk to the guy, he just kind of grounds me.” Cass didn’t say anything but after a minute, he felt her relax and she leaned into him. “I love you, Cass. That won’t stop, even if I have other things I need to work through.” He wrapped his arm around him.

“I love you, too.” Her head dropped on his shoulder.  “I don’t know what this funk is.”

He kissed her and then as he watched Fiona trip over Gerald, he jumped up as she started crying.  He folded her in his arms, “Gerald, I falled cause of you,” she said as she sniffled. The puppy came over with his tail wagging and licked her face and then Gus’ hand.

“I think he is sorry. He didn’t mean to.”

“I know.” She squirmed out of Gus’ arms and hugged Gerald, kissing his head. “It’s Ok, Gerald.”

“Let’s go in and you can color a picture while I make dinner.”

“Can we have ice cream?”

“I think we have some if you eat the other food first.”

“What’s we having?”

“I think fish and roasted vegetables.”

“Gerald, come color with me.” 

Gus reached for Cass’ hand and they all walked into the house.


The next few weeks flew by.  Gus worked extra hours since JR was taking a little time off.  Cass stayed busy with Fi and the house.  He planned to hire someone to clean the place but he had been too busy.  

Gus was at work on Friday when JR arrived.  “Gus, go home to that wife of yours.  My dads are watching Tori and Trevor went into work so I thought I could use a change of scenery.” 

“That sounds great.” 

JR looked at Gus, “Is something wrong, Gus? Don’t lie.  I know you too well.”

“I really don’t know.  Cass seems to be drifting.  I think she’s sick and she won’t go to therapy either.”

“Go spend the evening with your wife.  If you want us to get Fi...I know she would love to be with Tori.”

“Thanks, JR, but you need to have some time with Trevor alone, even if it is to curl up in bed and get a good night's sleep.” Gus hugged him. “Thanks for the break.  And just to let you know, these new hires can run this place without either of us.  It was a great idea going in with the culinary school. It is perfect for all of us.”


Gus arrived home about 4:00.  He could spend an hour outside with his girls and then he was thinking they could go out for dinner. When he got home he looked at his phone and had a message from his dads.  They had been in Spain for two weeks and were now heading back to spend a few days with Aiden before going to Ibiza for a month. He was so glad they had taken this trip.  When he talks to them, he could hear how relaxed they were and how in love.  He walked in the door and heard the TV on so he walked to the family area.  

“Daddy!” Fiona ran to him. “I was so lonely!”

“Lonely?” he looked down at Gerald.  “You have Gerald and where is Cass?”

“Don’t know,” Fi shrugged and a tear trickled down her cheek.  “She got mad at Gerald.” After a couple more questions he found out Cass went upstairs and told Fi to wait downstairs. Fi had said it had been a long time ago. A child under three didn’t have a sense of time but this was not acceptable. Gus picked up Fi and carried her upstairs.

“Is it alright if you and Gerald play in your room and I will be just down the hall? I know you have been alone for a while but I promise it will just be a couple minutes.”

“Ok, Daddy. Not long.” Gus kissed Fi.  “I promise, baby doll.”

Gus walked out and took a deep breath.  He knew where he would find her. He walked down the hall to Cass’ room. He opened the door. She was sitting in a chair staring at the TV.  He closed the door, “What the hell are you doing? I come home and find Fi all alone. She said you were gone a long time. Cass she isn’t even two years old! What the hell were you thinking?”

“Gus, I just needed a minute.  I don’t….what time is it?”

“It is time for you to go have a complete physical and see the therapist.  Once you’ve done that, call me.”

“You’re throwing me out?”

“No, Fi and I are leaving.” Gus spat.  “I love you but if you can’t do anything to help yourself ….maybe we shouldn’t have married so fast.”  Gus walked down to Fi’s room, “Hey, Fi, how would you like to take a little trip with Daddy and Gerald.”

“Not Mommy?”

“Let’s start packing your bag.” Ten minutes later Gus was throwing his own bag together in the master when Cass walked in. 

“What are you doing?”

“I told you we are leaving.”

“I didn’t think you were serious.  Gus, I don’t want you to leave. I’m sorry.  Fi is fine.  I was here all the time. I guess…”

“Cass, get help and then call me.  I will let you know when we arrive.”

“Where are you going?”

“I honestly don’t know.  Say goodbye to Fiona but don’t upset her.” The glare Gus gave Cass made her shrink a bit. Ten minutes later Gus was walking out the door.  He put Fi in her carseat and set the carrier with Gerald in it right next to her.

“Let’s get some dinner.” He went through a drive thru  and then stopped by his dads’ loft.

Fi got excited, “Papas are home?”

Under his breath he swore, “No, baby, but,” now he knew where they were going, “tomorrow we will go to Grandpa G. We’ll just stay here … so we don’t wake Cass up when we leave.”

“Cass not coming?”

“Not right now. Hopefully she will come soon.” Gus, Fi, and Gerold went up to the loft and after they had eaten dinner, and Gus put Fi down for the night and then looked at flights.  He called George while he looked at his options.

“Hey, Gus, great to hear from you.”

“George, how would you like a couple guests?”

“Gus, you are coming for a visit? Oh, I can’t wait to see you and Fi. Is your new friend coming?”

“George, can we wait and talk when I get there?”

“Sure. Gus, is everything alright?”

“It will be.” Gerald yipped at his feet, “Oh, I hope you don’t mind but there is a another new member you haven’t met.”

“Do whatever you need to do to get here and let me know when you have your itinerary.”

“Thanks, George.  Fi is so excited to see Grandpa G.”

Gus sent George the details as soon as he got them figured out.  Next he called JR.  He didn’t go into detail but he told him he was going out of town and that he would send him the bakery schedule. “I am so sorry I am letting you hang.”

“Gus, what can I do to help? Do you want me to talk to Cass?”

“She needs help. I told her to call once she had gotten it.”

“Gus, where are you going? Montana?”

“I’m going to George, but don’t tell her.”

“Gus, love you.  Let me know if I can do anything for you.”

“You take care of Tori Grace.  Enjoy every second.”

Gus had gotten into bed and he heard a phone message come in.  It had been buzzing all evening and he had ignored it, figuring it was Cass and now he looked at it. There were eight messages.  They went from apologies to anger to pleading.  The last one said, “I know you’re at the loft.  I’ll come by tomorrow so we can talk.”

Gus set his alarm for 4:00 am.  Fiona and he would be on a plane by the time she arrived. 


When Gus was getting on the plane with a toddler and a puppy, Brian and Justin were arriving in Bordeaux. They knew Aiden was in class and would be back in about half an hour. They introduced themselves to the new woman in the kitchen.  She introduced herself as Juliette and from her comments, Brian and Justin were sure Aiden was now sleeping with her.  

“So, do you suppose Leo has also been replaced?” Justin asked Brian as they sat in the garden.

“If I was Victor I am not sure I would have left this place.” Brian kissed Justin’s temple.

“But his heart is in Pittsburgh.  They would be lost without each other.” 

“I totally understand that and as soon as Victor slows down I am sure they will spend some time here.” Brian turned and kissed Justin, whose arms went around his neck.

“Am I interrupting something?” Aiden strode out to the garden sitting area. His dads got up and both kissed him.

“Aiden it’s been a month but you look 3 years older!”

“France will do that to a man.”

“Not to mention Monica and now Juliette.” Brian smiled at his son. “And Leo?”

“Leo is my best friend. I think he always will be. Whether we continue to be lovers, only time will tell. And speaking of Leo, he will be here in an hour and he is taking us out for a night on the town. He grew up here so he knows all the best places for guys to go.”

“Aiden, you know it has been a long time since we did the club scene.”

“Trust me, the French club scene is flexible, and so are some of the guys I met.” 

Justin had to laugh. “Well, just know if we decide to go home earlier than you, don’t feel like you have to come back with us.  This is the first time you have had a break since you started med school.”

Aiden hugged Justin and kissed him.  “I can tell you two have had a great time.”

“We definitely are relaxed and just enjoying each other.”

“Several times a day from the looks on your faces.” Aiden laughed.

“By the way, did your brother tell you he got married?”

“What!  No! When?”

“It was the day Tori was born.  They plan to have a ceremony with all of us sometime later.”

“Cass must be doing well. I had no doubt they would get together.” Aiden walked back into the house with his dads. “I am going to go shower. I’ll see you in a bit.”

“Who is that man and what did he do with my Aiden?”

Brian pulled Justin to him, “He is an amazing young man who is smart and strong and confident, just like his father.”


After getting off the plane in Boston, Gus was so happy to see George.  When Fi saw him she ran across the luggage area into his arms. “Hello, Princess.” George picked her up and kissed her and she threw her arms around his neck. “How are you?”

“I tired, Grandpa G.” She dropped her head on his shoulder. Gus walked over and set the dog carrier next to George and kissed his cheek.  “Let me grab our bags.” Ten minutes later Fi was asleep in George’s arms and Gus just got Gerald back in the carrier after a bathroom break. 

Once they were on the road on the way to the ferry, George quietly asked, “Do you want to talk about it?”

“I do but do you mind waiting until we are on the vineyard?”

“Of course not.  You are staying a while, right?”

“I don’t have a set date.  It wasn’t a good time for me to leave but it was the time I had to leave.  Did I tell you, JR and Trevor are daddies? I will show you pictures later. Tori Grace is just beautiful.”

“That is exciting. I have seen them with Fi and I know they will be good fathers.”

“I hated leaving now but the bakery is doing so well. We are working with the culinary school and they will be fine even with JR working part time.” Gus’ phone signaled and it was the first time he looked at it since they arrived. He texted something and then put the phone away.

To George’s credit he didn’t ask anything. He saw his son in law was struggling with something but if didn’t want to talk right now that was fine.  He had gone through a lot for a man his age. They caught the ferry and it wasn’t long before they had arrived at George’s home.  Fi had woken up on the water so Gus sat in the back with her and Gerald the remainder of the way. The rest of the day was spent getting Fiona and Gerald comfortable in the unfamiliar house and to get their things put away.  It was after dinner, once Fi was asleep, that George and Gus sat down with a glass of port in front of the fireplace.

“Fi looks more like her mother every time I see her,” George commented.

“Yes, I think of Martha everytime I look at her.  George, I should have told you three weeks ago but Cass and I got married.”

“And?”

“Now I think it was a mistake.”

“Why was it a mistake? Don’t you love her?”

“Oh, I do love her but I told you about her abuse and she just won’t get help and she is feeling sick half the time.  I think it might just be because of her mental state but….”

“What did you say when you left?”

“I told her to call me when she got the help she needed.” Gus drained his glass.

“Gus, what was the breaking point?”

“I got home yesterday and Fi was downstairs by herself.  Cass was in the house but she had lost track of time and didn’t realize how long she had been upstairs.  She would never hurt her but if I can’t trust her…”

“Yes, Fi is the most important component.” George saw something moving out of the corner of his eye and Gerald jumped onto his lap. “Hey, buddy, I can see you and Fiona are besties?  Where did the name Gerald come from?”

“We really don’t know. It was Fi’s choice but we aren’t even sure she has ever met a Gerald.”

“Gus, Martha’s first cat was named Gerald.  I had an employee named Gerald and he was one of her favorites so when she got a cat it was named Gerald.” 

“George, you know what you are suggesting.”

“I do, Gus, and you know I’m not into that kind of thing but whenever I am around Fi, I feel like Marley is here. Have you talked to your wife?”

“No and I don’t plan to. I did let her know we were at our destination safely.”

“Are your dads still in Europe?”

“Yes, they are with Aiden this weekend and then they head to Ibiza for a month before they get home before Thanksgiving. I really miss them. I knew I relied on them a lot but right now…”

“Gus, you are an amazing dad and it is obvious that Fiona is loved and well cared for. I will admit it is hard to think about Fi having another mommy but she needs one.  You know you are always welcome here and that includes your new wife.  I hope she can work it out.”

Gus got up and poured another glass of port. He placed his hand on the bar, his back to George and his body started to tremble and then George heard the sob.  He walked up behind Gus and laid a hand on his shoulder.  Gus turned and George held him.  “I love Cass but I still love Martha. I feel like I am cheating on her with Cass but I know she would want this for me.  If Cass would just get help.  I have talked to my therapist and I know my feelings are normal but Cass still has so many secrets.”

“This will work. We are all in this together.” George said as he guided him back to the fire.


Brian and Justin, along with Aiden and Leo, had a great evening.  They first went to a couple boutiques and then went to an amazing Michelin Star restaurant and after the long meal they went to a club.  The first one was an older crowd and about midnight the younger men went off to another club and Brian and Justin got a taxi to take them home.  Justin opened Brian’s fly in the back of the taxi and he slipped his hand in. By the time they arrived at the house, Brian was fully erect and Justin was ready to take anything he had to give but once they were inside Brian pulled him close and said, “Screw me, babe.  I want to feel you inside me.”

“Oh, god yes,” Justin said under his breath.  But I need you, too.”

“Well, we have all night!”

When Aiden came in with Leo at 4:00 a.m. Brian and Justin had just taken a shower and gotten back into bed. Soon they could hear noises from the room across the hall. “We did a good job with both our boys, didn’t we?” Justin asked.

“We did and now both of them are amazing men.” Brian said as he kissed the curve of Justin’s neck.  Brian drifted off to sleep but Justin knew he was exhausted but he kept thinking about Gus.  He wasn’t sure why but he had a bad feeling. Justin slipped out of bed and, grabbing a blanket, went to the backyard, and texted Gus. ‘Hey, son. Is everything alright?’

Gus looked at his phone.  He had just gone to his room and was afraid it was another message from Cassandra. When he saw it was his dad he responded. ‘Your spidey senses are working again. Fi and I are visiting George.’

‘Without Cass?’ Justin could feel Gus’ hurting heart thousands of miles away. Gus called Justin now.  “Gus,” he spoke softly. “What is it, Gussy?”

“Oh, Dad, it’s Cass. She just isn’t taking care of herself.  Physically, she has had stomach issues but more importantly, she still hasn’t gone to the therapist.  Don’t worry, nothing happened but yesterday she left Fi alone downstairs for an undetermined amount of time.  I just can’t risk it anymore.”

“I think you are right, doing what you’re doing. You have given her every chance and I am sure it is hard for her to face it but…. Did you say she has been sick, too? What kind of sick?”

“She is just queasy a lot and… What are you asking, Dad?”

“Gus, could she be pregnant?”

“Oh, shit, I never … I have to be the world’s worst husband.”

“No, Gus, you have Fi to watch out for. What she did was dangerous, even if we both know she would never do that on purpose.”

“Dad, why are you up so late? Or up so early.”

“Well your dad and I went out clubbing with your brother and his friend.”

“And you stayed out until 4:00?”

“No, but we were up until 4:00 and then Aiden came home with his friend and….”

“So, Aiden has someone?”

“Not one, several.”

“Good for him. Dad, go back to bed with Dad.  You know he will come looking for you any minute if you don’t get back and thanks for listening.  You and George have both helped a lot.”

“I love you and miss you, Gus.  Give Fi a hug and kiss when she gets up in the morning.”

“I will. Love you all.”

As Justin hung up his phone he heard the door to the garden opening.  “Justin? It’s 5:00.”

“I’m coming,” he responded.  

“Who were you talking to?”

“Gus.  He is at George’s.” Justin stepped into Brian’s warm embrace and they moved into the house.

“Is something wrong?”

“We can talk about it in a few hours when we get up. He has things handled.” They slipped into bed and this time Brian pulled Justin possessively against him.


Cass couldn’t sleep.  She couldn’t eat.  What had she done? Why hadn’t she just made an appointment? She knew Gus was right. She needed help.  She would have never been able to forgive herself if something would have happened to Fi. And she did need to know if she had an ulcer or something like that. Where could he have taken Fi and Gerald? Would he have gone all the way to Montana? She was sure he had been at the loft last night but he obviously left early in the morning. What if she had totally lost him? Then she could just as well end it all now.  She picked up her phone and sent one last message. ‘Gus, I love you.  I will make my appointment on Monday. Please don’t give up on me.’

Gus lay in bed, unable to sleep. He picked up his phone and read the message. Softly he said, “I love you, too, Cass.  Please don’t give me a reason to give up.”