- Text Size +

Chapter 14


George arrived the week of Thanksgiving.  Even though the spare room was now cleaned out, since George was staying at least six weeks he decided a little more space would be nice.  Fi was thrilled to have all her grandpas in the same place so much of the time.  They had a quiet Thanksgiving with just the family, talking to Aiden when they ate and later in the day Ted, Victor, Trevor, JR, Tori Grace, and Raymond came for a time to socialize.  

George had made several light, seafood appetizers and as they sat around playing games and watching movies. Raymond played with Tori most of the evening. Everyday he was thankful that his brother and brother-in-law had adopted his biological daughter.   He knew he was not ready to be a dad but he was going to be the best uncle he could be and maybe someday they would tell her.  Justin sat down next to Ray and put Fi on his lap so she could play with Tori.

“So, Ray, what have you been up to?” 

“I finally figured out something I’m good at.  I am sure my dads told you what I’ve been up to.”

“Yes, I heard you are taking courses in auto restoration and business.”

“Ya, I love the restoration and I actually like the business stuff, too. Ted said he would help me when I graduate to get a business set up. I know I put them through some shit…”

“I not supposed to say that word,” Fiona commented but went on holding Tori’s hand, swinging it gently.

“Fi, Ray is a grown man.  He doesn’t have the same rules as you do,” Justin gently reminded her.

“But you are right, Fi.  I need to watch what I say in front of kids. I’m glad Tori has a friend that will watch out for her.”

“I love Tori.” Fi leaned over and kissed the baby’s cheek and then she kissed Ray’s cheek, too. “You love her, too.”

Ray became unexpectedly choked up.  He kissed Tori and then without making eye contact he said, “You are right.  I love my niece very much.”  

Justin draped his arm around Ray’s shoulder.  “You will always be so special to her.”

Ray smiled at Fi and Justin and then stood.  “I have to go.  I am working in the morning.” He walked over to where Ted, Victor, Brian, and George were standing. “Hey, I am going.  I have to work early.”

He started to hand Tori to Ted but George asked, “May I? I need to remember how to hold a small one again.” 

Ray handed her to George and then after many hugs Ray left.  Justin walked over to join the others, “Ray really is finding his own, isn’t he?”  Fi was playing with Gerald near the fireplace and George went and sat near her with Tori, while the old friends continued their conversation.

“He really is.  We worried about him and we talked to his mom so we were so happy when he decided he knew what he wanted to do and now he is committed,” Victor responded.The five older men heard the four young parents laughing loudly. 

Moments later, Cass waddled past them mumbling, “I will be glad when my bladder is mine alone again. Maybe women shouldn’t have babies when they are over 35….”

“I would never say it to her but she is getting really big,” Brian said.

“I heard that, Brian,” Cass called from down the hall as she shut the bathroom door.

“Now you’re in trouble,” Justin said as he kissed Brian. Brian pulled him close.

JR came in, “George, I bet she is getting soggy.” He lifted his daughter off George’s lap.  “We plan to stay a bit longer but she needs her diaper changes and we’ll put her pajamas on.”

“I want jams on, too.” Fiona was getting very tired after the long day.

“Come on, baby doll. Uncle JR can change Tori up in your room while we get your jams on.” Gus picked Fi up and the fathers and daughter went up the steps. 

Brian walked over and sat on the sofa across from the chair George was sitting on.  “Hope all this chaos today hasn’t been too much.  I know you thrive on energy and we have plenty of that here.”

“I actually was just thinking how much I enjoy all of this. I love spending time close to Fi.” He reached down and scratched Gerald’s ear. “And I have to say, this guy is about as lovable as they come.”

“You know you could always stay, at least for the winter.  You know how slow it is on the island this time of year. I bet you have someone that could run the place.”

“I have to admit, I miss Martha everyday but especially this time of year and Fi is so like her. I don’t want to put Gus and Cass out though.  They are being so accommodating but Cass really doesn’t need to be this kind.”

“George, you are family and always will be welcome.” Brian didn’t hear Cass walk up.

“Listen to him, George.” Cass put her hands on Brian’s shoulders.  “George, we would love for you to stay.  We have a perfectly good apartment that is comfortable and Fi would be so happy if you were around. She needs someone to tell her all about her real mommy and grandma.”

“That is so nice, Cass.  I think I just might stay until spring.  I might need to go back once but I think this is where I want to be.” George smiled as Gus walked in without Fiona.  “Did you put my princess to bed?”

“I did.  She actually just crawled in on her own.” JR and Trev walked in with a now sleeping Tori, too. Cass looked at Gus and nodded. Gus looked at JR and continued,  “Hey, everyone, I think this is as good a time as ever to get everyone.  We have two things actually, First, JR and I have signed the final paperwork and the first of the year we will be opening our new business and fortunately, the bakery is already being run by the culinary school.  JR and I will spend some time over there so we can keep developing new things that we can use in the new business.” He looked at JR, “Did I miss anything?”

“No, just that if George wants to work a bit, I am sure we can find a place for him at one of the businesses.”

“Thanks, JR.  I think I might get bored without any work.”

“Well, George, I have a feeling I could keep you busy here, too.” Cass smiled at him.  “As my father in law so awkwardly pointed out, I am getting big and there is a reason for that.” Cass looked over at Gus.

“We found out at our last doctor’s appointment we are having twins. We are going to have two boys.”

A cheer went up and then a wail from a startled Tori. Trevor immediately put her to  his shoulder and she fell back to sleep. 

“You didn’t tell me?” JR looked at Gus.

“We haven’t known about it for long and we thought it would be good to tell all of you at once.” 

JR wrapped his arms around his friend.  “I am just giving you a bad time. I am so happy for you. You are happy, aren’t you?”

“Of course we are!” Gus pulled Cass closer. 

“Being able to carry one baby is a miracle. This is just beyond anything I could hope for.”  Once everyone was done with hugs and kisses, George was left alone with Cass, straightening up the kitchen while Gus was outside with Gerald.

“Cass, you don’t need to do this.  Get off your feet.  I am sure they are tired.”

“I will in a few minutes.  George, I want you to know I am serious.  I want you to stay.  Seeing you with Tori today and with Fi, my kids will need a grandpa and what is better than one that lives in the backyard.”

“I’ll stay on one condition.”

“What’s that?”

“If you feel comfortable, I would love to have you call me Dad.”

“Oh, I would love that, Dad.” 

As Cass hugged George, Gus walked in and laughed out loud. “This isn’t the first time I have caught you two like this.”

“Dad and I were just saying goodnight.” Gus was a little surprised but didn’t react. 

“I will go if you promise to leave the rest of this until morning.”

“We are both going up, Dad,” Gus said.  “Nothing that is out will spoil.  We will see you in the morning.”

Once they had locked up and got ready for bed, Gus had to ask, “Dad?” He helped Cass get the pillows where she needed them.

“He asked if I would call him Dad and that made me so happy.  I loved my dad but  obviously this life was too hard for him and I understand that, with the help of my therapist. And our kids are going to be blessed with three loving grandpas.”

“Do you know what an amazing woman you are?”

“Do you know what an amazing family we have?”

“Cassandra Kinney, I love you.” Gus kissed her and patted her round backside.  “Are you up for a little playtime?”

“I am too tired to participate much but you know I am always up for a good orgasm.”

“Well, my dear, I think I can help you with that.” He put her heels near her hips and then brought his mouth to her very core. It only took a few minutes to give her the pleasure she craved. He moved back up and kissed her.  “I think we both better get to sleep.  Fi will be up before we know it.”

“Good night, Gus. I love you.” And after Gus helped her get the pillows in place again. They both drifted off.


Justin looked up at Brian’s face as it came down to kiss him.  “I wish I could take you this way but my knee is still not up to that.”

Justin turned onto his side, “As long as you want me, I don’t care how we make love.” He positioned himself the best he could to make it easier for Brian to enter him and as Brian moved slowly in and out. “Twins, Bri.  We are going to have twin grandsons.”

“Ya,” Brian’s breath was coming quicker. “Can’t wait for them to be here. I see bunk beds in our future.” Brian was now thrusting harder.

“As long,” Justin gasped, “as they aren’t for USSSSSSSSSSS.”

Feeling Justin clamp around his cock, Brian joined him. They lay there still joined, “You and I will never have separate beds.” He said in Justin’s ear as he rested his hand on Justin’s lower pelvis. “Goodnight, love.”

“Love you, Bri.”


There was lots of activity the next two weeks.  Cass and Gus started ordering furniture for twins.  They also started talking to Fi about moving into the room down the hall. They were surprised that she loved the idea and within a few days Fi had moved all her toys in there and Cass had helped her move her clothes there. Gus and George spent some time at the bakery and sometime at the new business making sure it was being remodeled the way they needed it.

Cass felt like she gained a pound a day.  She, along with Gus, managed to go shopping while Fi spent time with Grandpa George.  The more time he could spend with her the happier he was. He started to add a few touches to the apartment to make it his home.  He realized he had a new permanent home. Martha’s Vineyard would always be his hometown and he would always go back but he knew for now, this is where he would return. He may have lost his wife and daughter but he gained a daughter, son, and three grandbabies. 

Fi loved the decorations.  She went to Brian and Justin’s and helped them decorate, then helped George decorate and of course helped set up several trees in her house. She even made sure Cass ordered Gerald a collar for Christmas. 

One afternoon, Fi walked up to George who was cooking in the kitchen.  “Grandpa, can you call my other papas for me?”

“Of course I can but why sweetie? Is there something I can do for you?”

“Grandpa, no questions at Christmas.”  Fi shook her finger at her grandpa.

He had to laugh, “Alright.  Which one do you want me to call?”

“Well Papa Bri, Grandpa.  Papa Justin has a sore hand.”

Now George was laughing out loud.  He pressed Brian’s name and handed the phone to Fi, “How come I didn’t think about that?”

“Hey George! What can I do for you?”

“Papa, I'm not Grandpa.”

“Well, Fi, what can I do for you?”

“Grandpa, go away. You can’t hear.”

Brian heard footsteps walk away.  “Well, what can I do for you?”

“I need presents.”

“Well, Fi, I am sure you will get plenty of them on Christmas.”

“No, Papa, I need to buy presents for Mommy and Daddy and Grandpa and Aidie and…”

“Oh, sure. I would love to do that.”

“Is your knee good?”

“It is fine.  Can Grandpa Justin come?”

“Of course.  You two can’t be apart.” Fi heard Justin laugh.  “Are you laughing at me?”

“Not at all, Fiona.  Can you give Grandpa George his phone so we can set up a time to pick you up?”

“Grandpa!” They heard her call and then she ran.

“That child has too many adults at her beck and call.” George said after being handed his phone.

“She better soak it up.  Soon she will have competition.”

“And she is just too adorable to say ‘no’ too. What is she up to?”

“She wants us to take her shopping.  If you don’t have any plans over there, we will pick her up after her nap this afternoon and then we will take her to dinner if that’s alright.”

“I will clear it all with Gus and Cassandra. If I am unaware of something, I will let you know.  If you don’t hear back I will call you when she wakes up. It will probably be 2:00 or 2:30.”

“Thanks, George. I think we will take a nap to make sure we can keep up.”

“You two better nap in separate rooms or you will be more tired than before you laid down.”  George hung up before they could respond.


“Papas are here. Papas are here!” Fi voiced as she ran around with Gerald at her feet.  “Coat please.”

Gus came in from the family room. As he put her coat on he said, “Now, baby doll, you need to calm down. Be polite to your papas.”

As Gus opened the door for Brian Fi, in her green winter coat, ran up to him.  Brian picked her up.  “Who is this little elf?”

“Papa, I’m not an elf!” She patted his face and kissed him with a big smack. “Time to go. Where’s Papa?” And with that Gus was forgotten.

Brian called over his shoulder, “We’ll feed her dinner and drop her off later.”

Justin had put Fiona’s car seat in the SUV and after Brian set her in it, Justin snapped her into it while Brian put a stroller in the back. Fi hugged Justin. “Papa, I need presents for ezribody.”

“Well then, it’s a good thing you took a nap.”

The next two and a half hours they strolled around the mall.  Brian and Justin were surprised they didn’t have to help pick out anything.  The little girl knew exactly what she wanted for everyone and when it came to her papas, Justin took her to pick out Brian’s and vice versa.  She had something for everyone except Aiden.  She sat in her stroller in deep thought. “Fi, do you want us to help you pick something?”

“No, just need to see it.”

Brian looked at Justin, “If she is like this at three, I can’t imagine what it will be like at 15.”

“Papa, over there.” Fi pointed to a small kiosk off in a corner.  

“Fiona, why don’t we look another day.” Brian’s knee was starting to throb. 

“Papa, you sit there,” she pointed to a bench.  “We be back.” 

Justin pushed the stroller and when Fi reached out he helped her climb out.  The kiosk had small decorative pieces, highly detailed. Fi moved very carefully looking at intricate statues.  “Here it is, Papa. This is for Uncle Aidie.”  

Justin looked at what she pointed at and caught his breath.  She had located a gray wolf that stood about four inches high and six inches long.  “Oh, Fiona, this is beautiful. Aiden is going to love it but how did you know?” Justin took a picture of it.

“He always tells stories to me. He always told me about his friend, the wolf.” Fi looked up at her papa.

“Sweetie, he is going to love this.”  The employee handed the wrapped gift and his credit card back to Justin. 

“Excuse me,” the employee said, “I have a little something for you, if your papa doesn’t mind.” Justin gave her a quizzical look. “It is just something that will keep her and her uncle close.  I didn’t wrap it so you could look at it first.”

“Papa, can I have it?”

“Yes, but Papa or I will need to take a peek first.”

“Ok,” Fi looked at the woman behind the cash register, “Thank you.” Fi smiled at her and blew her a kiss. “You’re nice.” She turned back to Justin, “Can we have pizza? I’m hungry.”


As Brian and Fi went up to order their food, Justin took a look at what was in the small box. Under a little tissue paper sat a smaller version of another wolf. It was posed slightly differently but it had the same markings. He saw Brian and Fi coming back so he quickly put the lid back on the box.  

Fi carried her cup of soda very carefully, as Brian carried two beers and a stack of napkins. They sat down across from Justin and Brian put the straw in her cup. “Fi said the lady gave her a gift?”

“Yes, she did. This is a picture of the gift.” Justin handed his phone to Brian and then handed the small box to Fi.  Brian’s eyes met Justin’s. “She picked it out all by herself.  Aid had told her all about his wolf.

“Papa, can I open this.”

“Of course you can.”  Justin reached his good hand across the table and wrapped his fingers around Brian’s.  Brian squeezed it gently and mouthed the words, I love you, to him.

“Look what she gave me? It’s a baby and it looks like Gerald.”

“That is beautiful, hon.” Brian hugged Fi and she crawled up onto his lap and she leaned against his chest. 

By the time they finished eating Fiona could barely keep her eyes open. She had moved to Justin and he wrapped his arm tightly around her waist.  “Papas, thank you for taking me.”

Justin kissed her cheek as he felt her go limp, “We would do anything for you, Fi.”


Aiden arrived home the week of Christmas with a surprise.  He had brought Leo home with him. While Leo showered, Justin hugged Aidan for a long while.  “I have missed you so much. You could have told us Leo was coming home with you. You know we don’t care.”

“It was kind of a last minute thing.  I hated to think I wouldn’t see him for a couple weeks.  He is going to fly back ahead of me because his family is going skiing for New Year’s.”

“Is it that serious? Aren’t you a little young?”

“It’s not that, Dad...well, maybe it is sort of.  We aren’t exclusive.  I still see a couple girls and sometimes we go out with a group of guys...and yes, I am safe, but for some reason, he’s the one I’d miss.  He’s the one I call when I’m home sick and yes, I get home sick. And even though I miss you all, when I’m with him, I don’t have that hollow spot.”

“Then hang onto him, son.  It’s hard to find a soulmate. When I left your dad I knew it was a mistake right away but I was too pigheaded to come back and of course, we wouldn’t have you if I hadn’t left in the first place.”

“Dad, I have never asked because it doesn’t matter but did you know her, the woman that gave birth to me?”

“No, we met her and paid her hospital bills. We do know she was very intelligent and very pretty. Would you like to track her? We could help…”

“Not now, Dad. I have enough love in my life.” Leo came out with a towel wrapped low on his hips. Aid kissed Justin’s cheek, “I just thought of something to do.”  

Justin watched Aiden turn Leo back toward the bedroom and then slipped his hand under Leo’s towel before pulling it off as they moved into the bedroom and he heard the door click shut. 

“What are you smiling about?” Brian came from their bedroom and pulled Justin against him.

“Our son is enjoying life but he is also in love and realizes it is something special.”

“Let’s go enjoy life a bit ourselves.  Glad we finally closed that bedroom off.”

Fiona was so happy to see her uncle and she fell in love with Leo and the feeling was mutual. Christmas Eve, Brian and Justin as well as Aiden and Leo went  to Gus and Cass’. Along with George the eight of them sat around the formal dining room table and enjoyed a feast.  George had seafood shipped in and while he prepared the main dishes, Gus made bread and desserts.  Not only was the house full that evening but tomorrow it would be bursting at the seams when Jenn and Joe along with Molly, Spenc and their kids would be there, and of course, the whole Gerard-Schmit clan was also coming.  Though there would be some small gift exchanges, most of the gifts would be opened tonight.

Gerald was in his glory.  So many people to scratch his ears or to drop some food. While they ate he sat on the floor under the table. He made sure he kept an eye out for anything that slipped off a fork or flaked off a roll.  Eventually he settled in front of the fireplace.

As soon as the meal was done, Cass with the help of Molly, moved to the living room to put her feet up.  The doctor had put her on partial bed rest.  She was to be off her feet as much as possible but she didn’t plan to miss a minute of all this.  There were many great gifts. Fi sat in the middle of papers and boxes laughing as she helped stuff all the papers into a big bag after the gifts were opened.  She loved opening the boxes but she also loved watching everyone opening their gifts.  When Aiden opened the gift from her, she ran over to him. 

“Uncle Aidie, I hope you like it.”

“I am sure I will, Fifi.” Fi climbed onto Leo’s lap next to Aiden as Aiden carefully opened the box.  When he pulled out the wolf he took a deep breath. “Oh, Miss Fiona, it is so perfect.” He hugged her tightly.  “You remember my story?”

“Of course, Aidie, I love that story.” 

The whole family shared memories of different events as they sat around sipping hot drinks.  Gus rubbed Cass’ swollen feet while she leaned against George. “I do miss being in the mountains for Christmas,” Aiden said and Leo kissed him. 

“Sorry, Aiden, that’s my fault.  I wasn’t allowed to fly,” Cass smiled over at her brother in law.

“Not at all, sis.  I already flew 14 hours.  I wouldn’t have wanted to fly another six, especially since Leo goes home next week.  It would be crazy for him to be 20 hours away.”

“Although I hope someday I will get to see it since I have heard so much about it,” Leo said in his thick French accent.

As the evening wrapped up, everyone went home only to return the next day at noon. “George,” Jenn said as she helped set food out on the counter, “Do you ever get tired of cooking?”

“Oh, Jenn, I did when I did it to make a living but I have always loved cooking for those I care about.  You can’t understand how special this holiday season is for me. Last year I was at my lowest but his year, I see life, not death.”

“You are so right, George, and this family is always full of life. Can you believe the twins will be here soon?”

“I know, I am not blood related to those babies, but I love them already.”

“Well, George,” she put a hand on his shoulder, “I am not blood related either but the heart is all that counts.”

George hugged her, “That is so true, Jenn.” He looked around and saw a mix of Kinney and Taylor, and Gerard and Schmid and several others but it didn’t matter to anyone who was who, who they loved or the color of their skin.  They were family.  It was a very laid back day.  There were small gifts exchanged and a few  group games played. Justin’s family said goodnight.  The kids were getting tired and they had plans for the next day. George excused himself, too, so he could have a video call with his brother.

As the remainder sat around and talked they had moved from spot to spot over time. Victor sat down next to Cass while Brian and Justin went up to put Fi to bed and Ted was changing Tori.  “How close are the contractions?” he asked softly.

“What?” Cass looked at Victor with surprise.

“You are feeling them, aren’t you?”

“Well, yes, but I’ve had twinges off and on for days.  That’s why I was put down.”

“You make it sound like you were shot.” Victor laughed as he laid his hand on her large belly and at the same time she took in a deep breath.

“Oh, that was different!” Victor saw panic cross her face.

“Relax, Cassandra, take some long slow breaths.” Ted strode in with his granddaughter on his shoulder.  “Darling, we don’t want anyone to get too excited but please go get Gus and then pull our vehicle up to the front door.

Ted’s eyes opened wide. “It’s time?”

“Well, it is time to take our girl to the hospital.  We would like to hold these babies off for another couple weeks,” Victor said softly.

Fifteen minutes later,Aiden and Leo were set to stay with Fi and Brian and Justin were going to each drive a vehicle to the hospital while Cass was in the back of Ted and Victor’s SUV with Gus keeping her calm. JR and Trevor wished everyone luck and drove their own little one home to bed.

Two hours later Cass was in a hospital bed with Gus at her side.  Things had moved quickly and for now the contractions had stopped but she was told she wouldn’t be going anywhere until the babies came. Ted and Victor had left and then Brian and Justin left letting them know they would be back in the morning and sit with Cass so Gus could go home.


“I have to say this is weird,” Aiden said as he and Leo settled into Cass and Gus’ bed. “I mean, this might be where the babies were…”

“Mon amour, I think this bed needs to know about another side of love.” He ran his hand over Aiden’s ass.

“Oh, no you don’t.  By the end of the night you are going to beg me to stop.”

“I would never be tired of having you fuck me.”

“Let’s just find out about that.”

About 3:00 a.m. they showered and got back in bed falling into a deep sleep.


“Daddy, I can’t sleep …. You’re not daddy. Uncle Aidie, where’s Mommy and Daddy.”

Aiden woke eye to eye with his niece.  That split second he was glad they had found some of Gus’ shorts and put them on. “Want to come up here?” he whispered not wanting to wake Leo. She nodded and he helped her up.  He held her close.

“Why are you here?”

“Fi, your mommy didn’t feel very well last night so your daddy took her to the hospital. Your baby brothers might be here soon so your mommy is going to stay in the hospital but me or one of your grandpas or your daddy will always be with you.”

Leo groaned as he turned in his sleep. He mumbled, “J'ai mal au cul.” 

Fi crawled between Aiden and Leo and drifted off to sleep. Aiden realized Leo was watching him and he smiled. Very softly in French he said, “So your ass is sore?” He reached over Fi and brushed his fingers through his curly dark hair. 

“In all the best ways.” And the next time they opened their eyes the sun was up.


By New Year’s Eve, Cass was going stir crazy and yet she was barely allowed to move.  They had given her meds to help the babies’ lungs mature but she was only allowed to get out of bed once or twice a day.  Fi was allowed to visit every day for an hour and spent the rest of the time at home with Gus and her grandpas or Aiden. 

Aiden had said goodbye to Leo three days ago. He hated to see him go but he knew he had family, too. Since he had no date for the night he went to hang with Fi and George.  Gus was going to spend the evening with Cass but would leave long before midnight.

“Uncle Aidie?” 

“Yes, Fi?” Fiona had climbed up on his lap.  

“I miss Mommy.  I only see her a little.”

Aiden wrapped his arms around her, “She wishes she was here, too.  And when she comes home what’s going to happen?”

“I have two brothers,” she smiled broadly and clapped. “Will Daddy be here soon?”

“I don’t know, my love.  I will make sure he comes in and gives you a kiss when he gets home if you are in bed.”

“Ok,” she snuggled closer. “Tell me about your wolf.”

“Sure, Fi,” and he started talking about his days with the wolf.


Gus brought Cass a can of soda, “I’m sorry, love.  I wish it was champagne.”

“If it was, I couldn’t drink it.” Cass tried to laugh but she was feeling very uncomfortable.

Gus poured part of the can into her glass with a straw and she took a little sip. Gus saw her cringe. “Cass, what is it?”

“Gus, I’m having contractions.”

“I am guessing you mean more than you have been?”

“Ya, this is the real thing and I don’t think…” She squeezed his hand hard.  “Damn, Gus, I didn’t want this yet.  I really tried.  I’m scared,” she said and then let out a little cry while Gus pressed the call button.


Brian and Justin had decided to go out for dinner early but then went back to their loft to celebrate the new year alone.  They sat in front of the fireplace they had included in the remodel.  “How many New Year’s Eves have we spent together?” Brian asked.

“It has to be around 20.  Are you up for 20 more?” Justin kissed him deeply.

“I’m hoping for 40.” Brian pushed Justin backward as Justin wrapped his arms around his neck. He was glad he could put both his hands through Brian’s hair.  

After kissing for some time the music that was playing softly in the background, switched to a favorite song. Justin whispered, “Let’s dance.”  They both stood and continued to kiss as they danced, bodies pressed tightly against each other. As they swayed, between kisses, Justin rested his head on Brian’s chest.


Cass’ doctor came into the room and checked her over while Gus held her hand and watched the doctors and the nurses trying to read their expressions.

“Cass, Gus, you may have the first babies of the new year.”

“But it is too early.  They are too small.” Cass worried out loud.

“Cass, they are small but you have been on medication to help their lungs for a few days and they are now only about a month early.  They will be a little small but we have great staff and I am not worried about any serious issues.  I know that Victor is going to be your pediatrician so we sent for him. He always likes to be here if he can be.”

Cass looked over at Gus, “Are you going to call your dads and George?”

“Do you want me to?”

She paused for a minute, “No, I think it is just us.” 

It wasn’t long before Cass was in active labor.  They had lost track of time but Victor slipped in and came to give Gus and Cass a hug and kiss and now, Cass, with Gus on one side and Victor on the other, started really actively pushing.  


Brian led Justin to the bedroom.  “I can’t think of anything I would rather be doing at midnight than making love to you.”

“I totally agree but, do you think it is weird that Gus didn’t text us after he left the hospital tonight? He always gives us an update.”

Brian pulled off Justin’s shirt, “Text him so you can concentrate.” Brian pulled off his own shirt. Justin gave him a quick kiss and as Brian continued to undress, Justin just texted, ‘Happy New Year’ and after he hit send, he undressed and slipped in bed. After one more glance at the phone, he lost himself in Brian’s arms.

Brian was still careful of Justin’s arm and hand but Justin was just enjoying the feel of Brian’s skin. He trailed a finger over Brian’s chest. He looped each nipple and then began to trail lower. “Who knew the texture of your skin…”

Brian flipped him so he lay on the mattress and Brian hovered over him. “Shall we?” Brian smiled down at him. 

“Do you have to ask?”


“Come on, darling.  One more push and one will be here.” Gus was on one side and Victor was on the other.  He made sure everything was ready for the tiny babies about to enter the world and now he was supporting the mommy and daddy to be. Gus kissed Cass’ cheek. “Here we go.”

Victor spoke softly, “Breath in. Push.  Then you can meet your sons.”

Cass let out a cry and the first baby was out. Victor immediately moved to the baby.  “Gus, let’s cut this cord so I can check him out.” Gus moved as if in a trance and cut the umbilical cord before Victor swept the baby to the side where a couple nurses were ready to assist him. 

“If his brother doesn’t hurry up they are going to have two different birthdays,” The obstetrician commented.

Cass and Gus had totally lost track of time but baby 1 was born on New Year’s Eve but as the next contraction hit, the clock hit midnight and baby 2 was born on New Year’s Day. By now Baby 1 was stable enough for Victor to grab baby 2 after Gus cut the cord. Gus moved back to Cass’ head.

“Oh, sweetheart, you did so well.  They are beautiful.”

“They are so quiet.” Cass said, looking over at Victor and her boys.  Victor gave her a big smile and a thumbs up.

“They are in the best hands possible and Vic will come talk to us soon.”  Gus assured her.  He continued murmuring to her as  the doctor and nurses finished up. After a few of the people had left, Victor called Gus over. Victor handed Gus one of the small boys and he carried the other over to their mother.

Victor laid the baby on Cass’ chest and then took the second one from Gus and laid him next to his brother. They immediately sensed the other one and their hands linked.  “I will need to take them soon.  They are doing well but they will need to have a little oxygen and a warm, snugly place.”

“Will you put them together?” Cass asked.

“Sure.  We can do that. Do you have names for them?”

Cass smiled tiredly, “Grayson and Griffon.” She kissed the tops of their heads as Gus took a couple pictures before Victor and a nurse took the babies.  They would need to stay in the nursery for now and Victor promised to report back shortly.

Gus texted the picture to his dads, Aiden, and George and then slipped into bed with his wife while everyone else slipped out of the room. “Damn, girl, you were amazing.  Can you believe we have our two boys?” He looked down and saw the tears on her cheeks and as he kissed them off, his phone exploded.


Justin heard his phone sound.  He glanced at the clock. It was 1:30.  He reached for his phone.

“If Aiden was out, I would say he was drunk texting,” Brian mumbled.

Justin picked up the phone and as soon as the screen lit, Justin flew out of bed.  “They’re here! Our grandsons are here!” He jumped back in bed, nearly landing on Brian who instantly covered his dick and balls. He dropped his phone on the bed, grabbed each side of Brian’s face, kissing him. Then he let go of Brian and texted Gus, “How is everyone? Are the babies good? How is Cass?” 

Gus showed Cass the text. “I think he is happy.” Gus kissed her again. “I am so happy. Fiona is going to be so excited.”

Soon everything quieted down. Victor stopped by and let them know the boys were doing amazingly well for being a little premature. He then kissed them both and said he was going to go make love with his husband. 


George had slept through the text as did Aiden.  George woke Aiden and when Fi woke up shortly after they had pictures of her brothers that were sent about 6:00. “Papa George, can we go to see my brovers?”

“If your Uncle will get you washed up and dressed I will make breakfast and then we can go to the hospital when we have all eaten.”

“Uncle Aidie, I need to get ready!” She got up and moved to her bathroom. She turned around.  “I’m a big sister now!”


At 9:00 Brian and Justin, as well as George, Aiden, and Fiona met at the hospital and together, they all walked to the room.  Justin tapped on the door and opened it a bit. Cass had one of the babies while Gus had the other. The babies had a little oxygen assistance but, other than that, were perfect. 

The family came in and everyone took turners hugging and kissing Cass and Gus while Fi insisted on sitting on the bed by her mommy.  Cass wrapped her free arm around Fiona and Fi bent down and kissed her mommy.  “Can you come home now, Mommy? I have missed you so much.”

“Yes, Fi, I will be home tomorrow and by the end of the week your brothers will be home. This is Grayson and your daddy has Griffon.”

“Gray and Grif,  I love them.”

Too soon the babies were taken back for some rest and Fi fell asleep next to Cass, who dosed with her.  

The men slipped out of the room and moved to a waiting room. They all talked for a few minutes but George had things to do and Aiden ran down the block to a nearby store.  Brian and Justin sat down with Gus before they left.

“How are you, Gus? Did you get any sleep?” Justin asked.

“I got a couple hours of sleep. Dads, I just want to thank you. When Martha was killed I couldn’t see a week ahead. If it wasn’t for you….well and Aiden, along with all the rest of the family, I don’t think Fi and I would have fared very well and now, I won’t ever forget Martha and we will make sure Fi knows her but. I have a family and a wife I love.  I can’t imagine a better life. I can’t wait to take my kids up to the mountain. Well next Christmas, we will be back in Montana chasing Grayson and Griffon.  I guess I am more tired than I thought since I am rambling.  I just wanted to say thank you. We love you and I couldn’t have wished for better parents ever.”

Brian and Justin kissed Gus and then, hand in hand, strolled out of the hospital.  “You know,” Justin said, “I missed Christmas in the mountains but seeing those two amazing boys was worth any amount of change.”  Justin kissed Brian on the lips, “We always have next year.”

Brian turned and pulled him close, “Yes, we do and hopely many more trips,” Brian kissed him again, “to Montana.  The place we met and a place that always reminds me why I love you.” 

“You don’t have a choice. We need each other.”