- Text Size +

Chapter 6


Brian’s surgery had been successful and after a week he was walking unassisted in the house but did use a cane outside.  One week after the surgery Brian had taken Justin’s hand and together they walked up the steps to their own room. They had not made love since the surgery.  Brian had wanted to but Justin refused.  The last thing he wanted was for Brian to damage what the surgery had just fixed.

As they walked into their room, Brian pulled him close. “Please don’t say no tonight.  I promise I will be careful.”

Justin melted against him, “I won’t.  I need you so badly.” He tugged off Brian’s shirt and then undid his fly. “I have missed touching you, feeling you buried in me.”  

Brian moaned as Justin’s hand found his cock. Brian started kissing his neck as he undid Justin’s pants. They continued to kiss as the last of their clothes hit the floor.  Brian leaned against as they made their way to the bed.  Justin straddled Brian’s hips and with Brian’s help, he let his body weight take him down on Brian’s cock. He then began to slowly move up and down and as he did he bent over and Brian enveloped him in his arms.  The angle he was at had Brian’s cock pressing against his prostate and he soon lost control.  Cum shot across Brian’s chest. Justin reached down and ran his finger through his spunk and brought it to Brian’s lips. Brian took the finger in his mouth and licked it off.  

Justin felt Brian begin to spasm and when Justin clamps down around him, Brian lost total control. He grabbed Justin down on him so their lips could meet. When Brian’s arms loosened a bit, Justin dropped to the side and Brian pulled him in so they could spoon. Brian caressed Justin’s skin as he kissed his neck. “Damn, I missed that.”

“Me, too.  Love you.”

“I never get tired of hearing that. I love you, too.”

“So, now that Gus knows he is moving in here along with Cass, we need to up the security for the house and apartment. Plus we need to have a system put into the loft.  We will be gone too much to just let it be empty.”

“I actually did make an appointment.  They are coming at the end of the week.  They will let us know if it is Thursday or Friday.  Are we ready to move out this weekend?”

“Sure, why not? We just need our clothes and a few personal items.”

“I love the way the loft looks. For the first time it feels like our place.”

“I want it to always be ours.” Brian pulled Justin even closer. “Do you think it is smart for Cass to move in? I love the girl as much as you do but Gus and Fi are our top priority and if trouble follows her…”

“We both know they have always had a piece of each other’s heart.”

“It is none of our business, I guess.  Gus is a smart man and he needs love. We better get some sleep.  We have a lot to do this coming week.”


The next week the group on the mountain shared most of their days together.  They ate breakfast at the cabin and then some days JR and Trevor did a day trip or Gus would go with them on a hike while ‘the girls’ had time for playing in the barn fort or putting on nail polish.  Some days Gus and JR worked on new products for the bakery.  They usually did that at JR’s because the newer home had a much larger kitchen.  Some nights they had dinner together but some nights JR and Trevor spent the evening alone while Gus, Cass, and Fi spent the night together.  Thankfully, Fiona’s mild reaction to the bee sting disappeared after 24 hours.  

One morning as Gus took oven French toast out of the oven, Trevor looked at Fiona and said, “Fi, I think it is time for a sleepover.  What do you think? You, me and Uncle JR without your dad hanging around and ruining our fun.”

Fi giggled, “Can I daddy? Can I sleepover at my uncles’ house?”

Gus felt a flutter deep in the pit of the stomach. “You have to promise to go to sleep on time.”

“I will, Daddy.”

“And you two,” he looked at his friends, “You cannot let her eat sugar all day.” Trev and JR looked at him and together made an ex over their hearts.  “Ya, right. I don’t believe you for a minute but I trust the two of you completely.  Do you want us to come over for dinner and bring her things?”

“No, we are taking her after breakfast and we don’t want to see you until tomorrow,” JR said as Fi nodded.

Fiona walked to her daddy and crawled on his lap, “Like papa says, daddy needs a break!”

Gus laughed, “Your papa does say that but that is when I am working long days.” Gus looked at Trev and JR but didn’t dare make eye contact with Cass.  “Of course you can stay with your uncles.”

Cass stood up, “Let’s go pack a clothes bag and a toy bag.”

Cass picked up Fi, no longer winsing when she lifted her. “By the way, boys,” Cass said looking at Trev and JR, “We are working on potty training so you will need to keep that going. We will pack some diapers for you at bedtime.”

“Potty training? Gus, I’m not sure…” Trevor started.

“We can deal, love.  I helped train my siblings. We got this,” JR said as he turned to look at Gus.  “And this will be a good opportunity to talk to Cass.”

“Cass and I talk all the time.”

“When was the last time you did more than talk?”

Gus paused, “The day of the bee sting. The day you arrived.”

JR looked at his friend, “Well, it’s time for you two to decide where you stand and where you’ll stand when you get back home.”

“I think you’re right, JR. I don’t want her to think I’m not interested but I don’t want to push her either.”  He heard footsteps behind him and changed the subject.  “I hear my dads are moving by the time we fly home.”

“Ya, my dads said they are really excited.  The loft is perfect for those two, now that they have an empty nest.”

“I can’t wait to see it but they told me they are going to furnish most of it from their European trip.  They bought a new mattress and a frame but they will buy the actual bedroom suite in Italy.”

“Daddy, I ready!” Fi rushed to Gus.  “Need a hug and kiss.” 

Gus wrapped his arms around her and lifted her off the floor. “I love you, baby doll. You know I am only a little way away if you need me.  I will see you tomorrow morning.” Gus set her back down and she moved to Cass.   “Cassie, I need hug and kiss.” Cass picked her up and hugged her tightly, kissing her cheek. “I wuv you, Cassie.”

“Oh, Fi, I love you, too.” Cass’ face showed the emotion she felt from hearing the little girl say that. 

“Come here, princess,” Trev said as he took her from Cass.  “JR grab one of the walkies in case the princess needs to say goodnight to her daddy.”  JR picked one up and they walked out the door.

And then it was just the two of them. Together they started to clean up the kitchen, putting away leftovers and washing up the dishes. Gus poured them both another cup of coffee and then handed one to her and she followed him out to the porch swing.  “Without Fiona here today, I thought it would be a great time to talk about the nanny job.  I think you are interested?”

“Oh, Gus, yes. I love your little girl.  I can only imagine how special her mommy was.”

“Martha was amazing.  She was the first to admit she knew nothing about being a mother but together, she said, we could do anything.”

Cass turned toward Gus, “You know I love your daughter and I will do anything for her.  I know I am not her mama but I …”

“Cass, I have no doubt about that or I wouldn't have asked you, but I want you to be aware of what you will need to do.  The hours can be a little crazy.  It would be best if you slept in the house for both of you.  I often leave at 4:30 in the morning.  If you sleep in the house both of you don’t have to get up.”

“That makes sense and, if I am honest, even though I am comfortable at your house, I don’t think I would sleep well in the apartment by myself.” She looked over at Gus who was staring off into the distance. “Gus, is something wrong? If you don’t want me to work for you, I will go somewhere and...”

Gus turned and locked eyes with her. “Cass,” he reached over and took her hands. “Don’t you know? I want so much more from you than an employee.  I will not push you and I will give you all the space and time you need, but Cass, I don’t only want you just in my house, I want you in our lives. I want you in my bed.” He ran the back of his fingers down her cheek and then ran his hand under her chin, tilting her head up so they could look eye to eye. “I will not push you.  I will wait for you, if you want me to.  If I don’t have a prayer, tell me and eventually I would find someone we could love but I have not only had the love of my life, I have my first love and I am not sure I will have a third opportunity.  I am fairly sure I didn’t misunderstand. I’ll wait for you. You need to heal and I will be waiting.” Gus started to stand but Cass grabbed his hand and pulled him back down.

“You can’t just drop all of that on me and walk away.  Kiss me!” She reached out and put her hands on either side of his face. He just looked at her. “Kiss me, DAMN IT!”  As she pulled him to her, he gently brushed his lips against hers. “Hell, Gus, you kissed better than that at 15.  Kiss me!”

Gus’ arms went around her and this time there was no doubt he was kissing her.  She soon was straddling him and that caused the swing to bump the wall. Gus placed his hands on her ass because he wanted to do other things with them. He wanted to slide them under her shirt and up to her breasts. He wanted to taste her all over.

“Gus, I want you.  I’m not sure what I will feel tomorrow but right now, I want you.” Gus stood taking her with him, her legs wrapped around his waist. He stumbled as he tried to open the door so she dropped her legs and they walked in together. As soon as the door closed behind them Gus captured her lips again and they moved down the hall.

“Cass, you need to tell me.  Tell me what you want. Tell me what you don’t like.” He continued to trail his lips across her face, jaw, and neck as they worked their way down the hall.  Once in the bedroom she looked from the bed to Gus and he realized she may not know what she liked anymore.  “Are you sure you want to do this?” She nodded and Gus put his hands on the hem of her shirt. He gently started tugging it up and she instantly put her hands over her head, letting him remove it.  Before he could toss the shirt, she reached back and undid her bra.

As the bra fell off she froze for a second and then she put her hands over her breasts but she was too late.  Gus saw the scars.  He hadn’t noticed them the first morning he had seen her, but he was much closer to her now.  Gus brought his lips to her ear, “Cass, you have nothing to be embarrassed about.  May I touch them?” He kissed her as he slowly moved her hands away and his head slowly worked downward. He refused to react outwardly but as he saw the scars of teeth marks around her nipples, he licked around them, making sure, although his teeth brushed her flesh, it brought her sheer pleasure and no pain. He felt her body react.  “Damn, you are so beautiful.”

When his mouth got down to the waistband of her shorts, he stopped and looked up at her face. She was flushed and said, “God, yes!”  It only took a tug to get them off and he made sure they were out of the way, along with her underwear.  She reached for his shirt but he stopped her.

“This is all for you. Damn, that’s a lie.  I can still remember the taste of you.” He tugged her so her position was better and then he moved her feet so she could have some leverage as he pulled a pillow under her hips and then he took his first taste. The first slow pass of his tongue had her trembling and with each dip of his tongue he brought her closer to the edge. When he was ready to explode himself he gently sucked on her clit and she exploded. Gus exploded himself inside his briefs as they both slowly came back to reality.

Gus pulled a blanket over Cass. “Gus, take off your shirt.” He sat up and tossed it before laying down and pulling her lightly against his chest. The feel of her soft skin against his made him want to hold her tight but he didn’t want to trigger any fears. Cass drug her hand down his chest and when she got to his waist she started working at his fly but he took her hand. He brought it to his lips and kissed the palm.

“Cass, I don’t need anything else right now.  You deserve to know you don’t have to do anything to be loved. You are such an amazing woman.”

“Gus, you don’t know me anymore.  I mess up so many things.  I couldn’t even orgasm when I was supposed to.”

“I think it was just proven that it wasn't you.  Unless you are an excellent faker you responded right on cue.  How could you be expected to let yourself go when you had every reason to be scared to death?” Gus brought his lips to hers.  “I hope I can spend the rest of our lives making you realize that.”  Cass stiffened, her entire body shrank away from him.  “Damn, I didn’t mean to…”

“Just go, Gus, please.  I just need to…  Please leave.”

Gus grabbed his shirt and walked out. Why did he say that? He thought. The woman was just recovering from a vicious, abusive relationship and he started talking about a life together. He was such an idiot. He didn’t deserve her.  He walked to the kitchen and left a note on the table. ‘IN BARN’ Gus slipped on his shirt, grabbed a walkie, and jogged across the yard.

Once in the barn, he turned on the walkie. “JR,” his voice cracked.  He was starting to fall apart.

Trev responded, “Where are you, Gus?”

“The fort.”

“He’ll be there in a few minutes.”

Five minutes later Gus heard footsteps and then JR was in the barn and had his arms around him. “Gus, what happened?” 

Gus clung to his friend. “I was so stupid.  I think I just ruined everything.  What if she won’t take care of Fi because I’m an idiot!  And what if she… What if she flees and we never see her again?”

“Gus, breathe and tell me what happened.  If I’m not mistaken I smell sex on you.”

“Sort of.  I don’t have condoms here.  But we both enjoyed what we did and then….I had to open my mouth.”

“What did you say?” JR had Gus sit down and he sat next to him.  

“I told her I wanted to be with her the rest of my life. It freaked her out.”

“Oh, Gus,” JR kissed his cheek. That wasn’t the smartest thing you have ever done but, once she thinks it through I think she will be able to think it through.”

“She was making so much progress.  I had to push her.”

“Gus, I am betting you didn’t push her.  You didn’t force her into bed.  The only thing you did wrong was speak from the heart.”

“Will you check on her? I don’t think she wants to talk to me right now.”

“Gus, this will be alright. I’ll stop by and then I need to head back or your daughter will wonder what’s up.”

“I don’t know what I would have done without you and Trav since…”

“Gus, you are family. We are here for each other. Give it a half hour.  If I don’t walkie you, go back to the cabin then.”  Gus nodded and watched JR walk out the barn and toward the cabin.

JR knocked on the door and let himself in. “Cass, it’s JR. Where are you?”  He was surprised to hear her respond right away.

“I’m in here,” her voice came from the living room.  “How mad is he?”

“Mad? He isn’t mad. He is scared he blew any chance he had with you.”

“Did he tell you…”

“You know Gus isn’t one to kiss and tell.  I just know you two were having some alone time and he said he said something really stupid.”

“It wasn’t stupid.  It was actually sweet but my brain, my body, just doesn’t know how to react to his kindness. He is moving too fast but I didn’t have to be mean. I just don’t know how to deal with a normal relationship. Did I ruin what we started?”

“No, Cassandra.  I am leaving here and he will walk in that back door in about fifteen minutes.  You will hug him and kiss him if you want to and then you both will continue to build whatever type of life you want together or separate.”

“Do you really think…”

“I need to go.  I know he will be here soon.” He hugged her and kissed her cheek, saying softly, “Remember, you both have suffered so much in very different ways.” JR went out the front door and jogged across the yard toward his place.

Cass dropped onto the sofa.  They were really a messed up couple. And now she realized she needed to be honest with him, honest about everything, including the fact there are still things she couldn’t tell him because she couldn’t face them herself. She heard the door open.  “I’m in here,” she said loud enough for him to hear.

“Cass, I am…”

“Gus, don’t say it.  Just take a seat in one of the chairs. I don’t think I can have you too close for this conversation.” Gus sat down across from her.  “You have nothing to be sorry for. Once I thought about it I was flattered.  I just can’t have those kinds of plans in my head.”

“I just wasn’t thinking. Cass, you are the first woman since Martha. I loved her so much but, she’s gone and she would want her family to be happy. I know you make Fi happy and I don’t know of anyone else that I would feel so comfortable leaving her with.”

“I have to admit I was focused on myself, which isn’t fair.  You have gone through so much, too. I think we just have to give each other a pass and not take offense if we have a bad reaction. You were talking about us long term and right now I am still married. I don’t know what will happen yet. If he gets off, I can’t work for you.  It would be too dangerous.  I haven’t told you this yet but, he always threatened to kill me and hurt anyone that helped me. Up here I feel safe but  when we go back, I don’t know what he’ll do.”

“Oh, Cass, my dads have already told me they have put in a high quality security system and while he is still waiting for trial he has on an ankle bracelet.”

“He’s been calling.  He leaves messages everyday. I stopped listening to them.  I don’t think he believes I still have this phone.  I think he is just doing it as a way he can blow off steam.”

“Cass, please tell me you haven’t deleted them.”

“I haven’t even listened to them.  In fact, I hadn’t charged my phone since I got here. I just did a couple days ago and found like 100 texts and about 30 voicemails.” 

“Depending on what he said in those messages, this might be just what they need for your case.”

“Do you think so?”

“It is too late in Pittsburgh to call your lawyer but tomorrow, first thing we will transfer all those messages to him.” Gus stood and started to move toward the sofa.  “May I?”

“Yes, you may.”

Gus sat next to her and turned to face her.  “How about we both agree that whatever we do together, it is out here and we sleep in separate rooms. Not only will we both think a little clearer but we will be a lot less likely to go too far without a condom. I’m not on birth control. WE were always trying to get pregnant and, well, my doctor said the likelihood I would get pregnant is 0% now but I do think I will need to see a doctor to make sure I am totally healed.”

Gus closed the distance between them and kissed her lightly on the lips. “Do you think we have a chance?”

Cass pulled him in for one more, “I hope so.”


“Uncle Trev, ride horsey.”

“Oh, Fi, Uncle Trev is still tired from playing puppy.” Trevor replied.

Fi’s bottom lip protruded.  “But I want to ride a pony.”

JR picked her up. “Miss Fi, I need your help.”

“Bless you,” Trev said as he dropped on the sofa.

“What we doing?”

“Well, first, you are going to sit on the potty for a few minutes and then I need your help making dessert for tonight.”

“Ok.” Fi took his hand and he led her to the bathroom.


An hour later Fi was asleep on the kitchen counter as JR put beef wellington in the oven. He picked Fi up and carried her into the living room.  Trev had been sketching but laid his pad down and welcomed JR next to him.  JR laid Fi onto the sofa and then turned to kiss Trev. “How does Gus do this every day?”

“With lots of help.” Trev smiled at JR.  “I think we are ready, babe.”

“Ready for what?”

“To have one of our own.”

“Oh, Trev, I don’t know. I mean we both work so many hours and …”

“And I already talked to Justin a while back.  He said I could work from home part time.  You go to work early and if I work from home part time, we wouldn’t need a babysitter that much and with Cass taking care of Fi maybe she could watch ours, too, when we needed someone.”

“Trev, do you really think we could manage it?”

JR, do you love me?”

“Oh, damn, you know I love you.” JR stroked Trev’s cheek, “I can barely breathe when I think about how much I love you.”

“Well, then, I would say we have everything a child could need.”

“How are we going to do this? Surrogate? Adoption? If it doesn’t matter to you, I would love to adopt. If it hadn’t been for my dads, I don’t know where I would have ended up.”

“I love the idea of adopting.  As soon as we get back we can start checking into it.” As JR started pushing Trev backward there was movement behind him.

“Uncle JR, I sorry I falled asleep.”

“That isn’t a problem, Ms. Fi.”  JR pulled her onto his lap. Dinner will be ready in a little while.”

“Tell me a story, Uncle Trev?”

“Sure, Ms. Fi. Go pick a book.” 

As Fi looked for a book, JR stood. “I’ll check on the food.  Let’s eat on the deck.”

“That sounds great. Once we finish this story,” Trev lifted Fiona onto his lap, “We’ll set the table when we finish the story.”


Gus made a special meal for Cassandra.  While Cass cleaned up, Gus went out and picked some flowers and put them in a vase. After he took the roast chicken out of the oven he rushed upstairs and changed himself, spraying on a little cologne. When he came back down, Cass was just walking into the kitchen. Gus rested his hands on her hips and put his face into the curve of her neck and breathed in deeply. 

“Damn, you smell amazing.” Gus’ arms went around her waist. “I hope you like the rosemary chicken. Would you mind lighting the candles?” Gus let his arms drop and walked to the stove. He pulled fondant potatoes out of the oven along with glazed carrots.  He sliced the chicken and placed some of it on each of their plates as well as a serving of the potatoes and carrots.

Cass lit the candles and sat down, “Gus, this looks so amazing but if I keep eating like this I am going to…”

“Gain enough healthy weight to be strong and healthy again.”  Gus poured a pan sauce over the chicken.

After sampling everything Cass looked up, “This is just amazing. I have never had potatoes like this before.”

“I guess culinary school taught me a few things but most of it I learned from George and Marley.”

“Have you and JR ever thought about adding to the bakery.  You could do very well with extended hours in a bigger place.”

“Well, we actually are expanding but we decided long ago we didn’t want to work 24/7.  I don’t want to have to miss out on any of Fi’s activities as she gets older.  I want to be home by early afternoon and be able to play with her or take her places.”

“You are such a good father.”

“I just want to be half the parent my dads are.” Gus looked at her, “You are stunning.” He reached for her hand across the table and smiled at her. I probably should have asked this before dinner but would you like to use the hot tub when we are done eating?”

“Gus, I know we agreed to sleep separately but tonight, while Fiona is gone, do you think we could maybe…”

“Oh, god, yes!”

“Slow down, I don’t know what I’ll be able to do but if you are willing to be patient I want to try.”

Gus stood and walked around the table. He offered her his hand and she stood. Her arms slipped around his neck and their lips met. They explored each other’s mouths, tongues darting in and out. Eventually, Gus stepped back. “Damn, Cass, you are so…” he stepped back.  His face went dark, “I just want to kill him.”

“Gus, he isn’t worth it and I am not worth what he would do to you.”

“Oh, Cassandra, you are worth anything.” He pulled her close and held onto her gently, not wanting her to feel trapped. “Cass, he is never going to touch you again.”

Cass soaked in his warmth for another few moments and then said, “Ok, I am so ready for that hot tub.”  She stepped back and to Gus’ surprise, stripped her sundress off.  All she had under it was a skimpy thong of lace. She let those fall to the floor and then said, “Are you coming?”

Gus couldn’t get out of his clothes fast enough. He grabbed a couple of robes he had put on the back porch and carried them out behind her.  He again noticed scars on her body but they didn’t turn him off. It looked like he took a strap to her. It amazed him how strong she could be.  He didn’t know how she survived the asshole.

By the time Gus set the robes on a nearby chair, Cass was sitting in her favorite spot. They had been out here with Fi several times and Cass had found it just fit her in all the right spots. Gus strode up the steps and then into the water. Cass did not avert her gaze as he walked in. “Gus, you have grown up to be as good looking as your father.”

“Thanks, I think.”

“You know that is a complement.  Both of your dads were so hot but damn, you got the best of both of them.  You have Justin’s heart and tonicity and you have Brian’s,” she ran her hand over his chest. “You have Brian’s DNA.” Her hand moved lower just running her fingers through the top of his pubic hair.  She jerked her hand back, “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have….you didn’t give me permission.”

“I promise you, Cassandra, you can touch me there  anytime.” He sat down next to her and felt her hand find his penis under the water. He took a sharp intake of breath as she slid her hand on his cock. Under her touch he was soon gasping and lost control.

“Now we are even.  I came and now you did.”

Gus pulled her close to him, “You are so hot. I came in my briefs right after you came. And damn, you still taste amazing.”

“It had been a long time since I had someone do that to me.  Carl didn’t mind sticking things up there but his tongue wasn’t one of them. Did Marley enjoy oral sex?”

“Cass, I’m not sure…”

“Gus, she is always going to be part of you and if you are serious and want me to be part of you, too, we need to talk about your wife and my husband. Tell me about her.”

“Oh Cass, she was an amazing person.  We were friends first but then, we just knew.  Her dad was, is my mentor.  He did so much for JR and me.  And when we found out Fi was on the way, I thought I had a perfect life. I did have a perfect life until that day. A drunk driver ran a red light.  I mean it was 3:00 in the fucking afternoon. He will be out of prison in another three to four years and Fi will never remember her mother.” Gus dropped his head on Cass’ shoulder.

“That’s not true.  You will tell her who her mother was.  You will say she is just like her when she giggles or the way she tilts her head. You will never let Marley fade away.”

Gus looked up at Cass and Cass’ mouth came down on his as one of his thumbs began to stroke her nipple. It wasn’t long before Cass stood and walked up and out of the tub and Gus was just a step behind her. They quickly dried and put on a robe before they covered the hot tub and hand in hand walked into the house. They were in no rush.  They each had a couple bites of the dessert they hadn’t eaten at dinner and Gus took out a couple bottles of water.

“Gus, is something wrong?”

“No, I’m just thinking about Fiona.  I hope she wasn’t too hard on JR and Trev.  She knows they will never say no to her.”

“They are so good with her.  They will make great fathers someday.”  Cass’ voice trailed off.

“Cass, we can find a specialist when we get back.  Maybe something can be done. Uncle Victor knows a lot of great specialists.”

“And if nothing can be done?”

“We have Fi.”

“Gus, I’m not ready to be ‘we’.  I love Fi and, damn, I think I love you, too but I thought I loved Carl too and look where that got me.  My track record is not very good.”

“We have a lifetime for you to realize you love me.” Gus slipped his hand into Cass’ robe and pulled her close, feeling the soft, cool skin.  He moved one hand up her spine while the other moved down to rest on her ass. He pressed her tighter against him and he felt her tremble.  “I’m sorry.  I am putting too much pressure on you.”

“No, I’m fine.  We can…”

“We can go lay in bed and watch a movie. Knowing you are next to me is all I need. The rest is your choice.  I am not going anywhere. Well, we are going somewhere,” he kissed her, “but we are going together.”

Gus and Cass found a movie and  as they watched  the old classic they touched and kissed. Almost two hours later the movie came to an end. Cass couldn’t believe how alive she felt. Her entire body was relaxed and Gus was not asking for anything. “Gus, I want to.”

His finger circled a nipple. “Cass, we don’t have to. I could feast on you all day.” As he said this he replaced his finger with his mouth and he sucked ever so softly sending a shiver through her.

“Oh, god, please, I can’t get pregnant and I….I’m ready for you.”

“Cass, I don’t think we should. I want you so bad but, what if I injure you.  What if your body isn’t ready.  God, your body shows me what he put you through.  I couldn’t deal with it if I hurt you. Cassandra, you are worth waiting for.  If you want me to go sleep upstairs but if you let me I will stay here so I can feel your body next to me.”

“Damn Gus Marcus…”

“It’s Gus Kinney.”

“Oh, ya, I forgot. Gus Kinney, I love you.  I know I shouldn’t.  I know I am still married, but I love you.”

“Oh, Cass, I love you, too.  Fiona loves you. When the time is right we will ….”

“Gus, please stop. I can’t hear that yet. I just can’t think that far ahead.” Cass said, burying her head on his shoulder.

“That’s alright, Cassie.  I’ll be waiting whenever you are ready.”  Gus turned off the TV and the light before pulling her close, kissed her head, and laid his head down on the pillow. He lay awake until he heard her steady breathing and he whispered, “I love you, Cass. Part of me always has and now you have all of me.”


Brian and Justin lay in bed.  The room had been stripped of personal touches and they were alone in the house.  Tomorrow they would move the remainder of their stuff and they would be at the loft tomorrow night. “It is going to be weird not to live here anymore.” Justin said as he turned into Brian’s arms.  “I wonder what is going on with Gus and Cass?”

“I see a wedding in our future but I also know that it could be a while because that moron she was married to won’t let it go easily.  At least Cass was smart enough not to delete everything he was sending.  The lawyer said that will probably be enough to get him to plead guilty and he should get a few years anyway.”

“Maybe she will be able to get a quick divorce if he is convicted.” Justin said as Brian rolled and was on top of him.

“I can’t imagine he will be able to fight anything,” Brian said as his hand moved down Justin’s side and rested on his hip.  “You game for one last time in this bed?”

“Only once?” Justin met Brian’s lips as Brian purred low in his throat.


Aiden was staying the night with Ray at Ted and Victor’s.  It would probably be the last time they would be able to hang out before Aiden moved to France.  Their friendship wasn’t as strong as it had been when they were young but they would always be friends. They had played games for a while but Ray had been quiet. As they finished a game, Ray tossed the controller to the side.

“Hey, Ray, you’ve been pretty quiet tonight.  Is something wrong?”

“I just have a lot going on.”

“You know you can talk to me.  Hell, I will be moving out of the country.  Who will I tell?”

“I was an idiot.  I think Charita is pregnant.  We aren’t ready to be parents.  I don’t want her or us to go through what my mom did.  Until she got a good education she struggled for everything.  Hell, I’m 19 years old.  I graduated from high school but I’m just starting college. She wants to have the baby but we can’t keep it.”

“Have you told your dads?”

“Not yet.  They have been so great and the last year I have just been a pain in the ass.”

“Tell them, Ray.  They will help.  Both of them love you so much. How about we talk to them in the morning?”

“Thanks, Aid.  I can always count on you.”

“And even when I am in France, I am only a call away.”


Brian and Justin lay panting, trying to catch their breath.  “Ok, three might be our limit at our age,” Justin panted.

“Damn, Taylor, I love you.  Who knew after 17 years of marriage, well 20 total, we would still be able to feel this way.”

“Kinney, I love you more than I knew was possible. And damn, I can’t wait to see what is going to happen next.  Can you believe that in a month we will be in France?”

“I don’t want to play tourist.  I want to go off the beaten path.”

Justin smiled at him, “Once we are settled in the loft I will plan the details.”

“I need to get some sleep. I am exhausted but what a way to get worn out.” Brian kissed him and then turned his back to him.  

Justin kissed his neck before turning over.  “I love you.”

“Love you, too,” Brian responded, already half asleep.