- Text Size +

Justin threw away the remains of their dinner, sitting down to continue his conversation with Brian. Shortly, the dietary aide came by to drop off Brian's dinner.

"I've already eaten. You can take the tray with you," Brian informed the young woman.

"Are you certain? I can leave it here for you in case you change your mind," she replied.

"No. Take it." Brian made a shooing motion with his hand and she took the tray.

"Only one more meal and then I can eat in my own home." Brian paused as he thought for a second. "You didn't mention Emmett in your phone calls. Don't you think he should be warned as well? Michael will be pissed if you told him to stay away and he finds out that Emmett wasn't told the same thing."

Justin got up to close the door and picked up the cold storage pack from its place by his chair. "I talked to Em when I called him looking for Drew. He's taken care of as well. Now, didn't you say something about indulging? I bought a pint of ice cream at the cafeteria, too." Justin pulled the cold treat out of the bag, along with two spoons. "No one should be bothering you for at least an hour. The aide brought your food but since you refused it, she won't be back to pick up your tray. I've noticed that the doctors don't make rounds on Sunday night, and the nurse was just here to check on you."

"Why, Justin Taylor, I like the way you think," Brian grinned. "Too bad there's no chaise lounge for us to recline on."

"I was hoping you could stand up for a moment, and I could help you lower your lounge pants before you returned to your chair," Justin suggested as he put the ice cream back on the floor.

Justin placed a towel on the chair so Brian would have something to sit on. "I know you'd never put your ass on an unclean surface," Justin teased Brian.

Brain laughed. "You won't ever stop with the Public Service announcements," Brian said tongue in cheek.

Justin laughed and motioned for Brian to stand. Justin's hands roamed to Brian's ass, giving it a quick squeeze as he pulled down the pants. Justin unbuttoned Brian's shirt, ghosting his hands over the thin torso. Justin helped Brian sit down, and then leaned over, kissing Brian deeply. Brian opened his mouth, using his tongue to explore Justin's mouth as he'd done hundreds of times in the past. Justin wrapped his arms around Brian's neck, breathing in his scent as his tongue savored his taste. After a few short minutes, he broke the kiss. Brian sighed at the interruption, giving Justin a deep frown.

"Bad angle, but I'll make it up to you. I've got just the thing to occupy you. Too bad there's no chaise in here."

"Yes, too bad," Brian agreed.

Justin couldn't sit on Brian's lap this time, so he sat in the chair next to him and leaned over as close to him as possible. Justin opened the carton of ice cream and scooped some out, feeding it to Brian and then took a bite himself. While his mouth was still cold, he leaned over, kissing Brian on the lips. Brian moaned his appreciation and opened his mouth for another spoonful. Brian purposely allowed a little to dribble out of his mouth, and Justin took the hint by slowly licking the dribbles from his chin. Justin repeated feeding Brian the cold ice cream for a few more bites, but then he purposely let some drip from the spoon on the way to Brian's mouth.

"Oh, look what I did," Justin teased. "I'm making a mess feeding you. I better clean you up. Wouldn't want you to be sticky."

"Wouldn't want that," Brian agreed, smiling at Justin's playfulness.

Justin placed the ice cream container on the floor and leaned over Brian's chest. He slowly licked the drips of ice cream from Brian's chest, stopping to suck on his nipples. Brian hissed in pleasure, arching up to meet the combination of torture and delight that Justin offered.

"Want more?" Justin asked, his voice low and sultry.

"Sure," Brian said through a slight haze of arousal.

Again, Justin purposely dribbled ice cream on Brian's chest as he fed him the next spoonful. Brian reached out, running his fingers through Justin's hair as he watched Justin lick his torso from his collar bone to his pubes. Justin inhaled deeply, enjoying the strong smell of Brian's arousal. He felt his cock strain against his tight jeans.

Justin saw Brian's erection, its tip leaking precome. He casually brushed his hand across the area as he scooped up another bite. Blowing on the spoon, his hot breath helped melt the ice cream. He watched in fascination as the drips landed on Brian's cock, covering it with pearly white beads.

"Justin," Brian warned as he squirmed.

Justin placed the carton back on the floor and pulled a pillow from Brian's bed. He knelt on the floor in front of Brian's chair and leaned over, slowly licking the drips off the jutting cock. He licked from the base to the tip on all sides, swirling around the head each time he reached the tip. Brian brought his hands down, placing them on Justin's head, urging him to continue his ministrations. Justin finished licking up all the ice cream and started to remove his mouth, but Brian's hands pushed down on him and he recognized the sign of Brian's impending release. He deep-throated Brian's cock as his hand played with Brian's balls. The suctioning and swirling of Justin's tongue brought Brian ever closer to release. Justin played with the tip and used his hand to pull the shaft, and Brian came hard into Justin's mouth.

Justin continued to lave Brian's cock until it went soft, and then he reluctantly released his prize.

"Did you enjoy your dessert?" Justin teased.

"I think I will let you fix dessert any time," Brian laughed. "Go grab a washcloth from the bathroom. I'm sticky."

Justin grabbed a washcloth and cleaned up Brian, then helped him get dressed again.

"I think I want to get back in bed and put this damn leg up. It is really throbbing. Why don't you buzz the nurse and get me a clean pillow, Sunshine. I'm not really fond of putting my head on a pillow you put on the floor," Brian suggested.

Justin called the nurse for a clean pillow; after it arrived, Brian returned to the bed, propping his leg up as he wanted.

"Well, Mr. Taylor, I do believe that satisfied me for tonight, but wait until we are in the loft tomorrow. Maybe we can try some creative fucking."

"Brian... I don't want to hurt your leg," Justin responded.

"Let me worry about that. Now, isn't it time for you to call Daphne? I'm sure she has to get to bed early so she can slave away at that "exciting" job and doesn't want to come out here too late on a Sunday night." Brian smiled as he teased Justin.

"I'll call her, but I'll be back here early in the morning. I can't believe you're finally going home."

"Call her, Justin. I want to take another Vicodin, and since the evil doctor cut down my supply of drugs, they seem to really affect me."

Justin called Daphne, and she picked him up half an hour later. He kissed Brian goodbye, both anticipating and dreading the next day.

Justin tossed and turned all night long as disturbing visions of Brian filled his brain. He saw Brian walk into Babylon-- dressed in his black wife beater and tight jeans. He was standing at the bar nursing a drink, but none of the ‘family' was there, even Justin. Brian looked around as if he was waiting for someone, but no one ever appeared. He glimpsed Brian at the diner, but it wasn't the diner. There were no familiar faces and he ate alone. A flash of Brian at Kinnetik passed but no Cynthia or Ted or the familiar glass tiles, the sign on the door the only verifying item. Justin viewed their familiar haunts as well as important people and events, but each time, something was wrong, things had changed and Brian was alone. He didn't understand the dreams but was disturbed by them and was thankful when the alarm went off announcing a new day.

His alarm went off at 7:30 and he hit the button, quieting the noise. That was a bizarre night. I wonder if it meant something... for now, I'm just happy to be awake... and Brian's coming home today!

He showered and dressed quickly and, grabbing an empty duffle, placed it by the door. He heard Daphne in the shower as he was stripping the sheets off his bed. After placing the dirty sheets in the hamper, he went to the kitchen to make breakfast. Looking at the clock, he saw that they had some time before they needed to leave, so he made some eggs and toast rather than the usual bagel or quick bowl of cereal. He divided the eggs into two portions, placing them on plates along with the toast.

"Morning, Justin. Hey, real breakfast -- thanks," Daphne commented as she grabbed the orange juice container out of the refrigerator. She poured two small glasses and placed each one by the plates that Justin had laid on the table. They sat down to eat.

"You know, I'm going to miss you. I've gotten used to you being around and it will be strange to not see you everyday."

"It will be weird, but it will be normal in a way, too," Justin replied.

Daphne salted her eggs and took a bite. "Normal? What in the world is normal about you and Brian?" she challenged.

Justin took several bites of his eggs and buttered his toast before responding. "I just mean that I've lived with Brian so often, it isn't like going into a new situation."

"Oh. I guess I see your point. Anyway... you know you can always come back here if it doesn't work out," Daphne reminded him.

Justin bristled at the words. "Why does everyone think that we aren't going to stay together?"

Daphne raised her eyebrow and frowned. "Justin, you really don't need an answer to that, do you?"

Sighing loudly, he answered, "No, dammit, I guess not, but I wish people would just trust us to try. We are two adults, who do care a lot for each other. Brian doesn't say it, but I know it," Justin defended.

"I know, Justin. And I do hope everything works out the way you want it. You deserve some happiness." Daphne finished her breakfast and placed her plate in the dishwasher.

Justin swallowed the last of his juice and brought his plate to the dishwasher as well. "I'm ready when you are."

He grabbed his messenger bag and the duffle as Daphne opened the door.

"What's with the extra bag?" she questioned.

"Brian's been at the hospital for a month. He's got a lot of stuff there. Magazines, clothes, get well cards, Gus' pictures. I have to cart them home somehow," Justin explained as he watched Daphne close and lock the door.

"Okay."

They walked to the parking lot behind the building and were hit with a blast of cold, frigid air and heavy snowflakes. "Shit! Why does it have to snow today of all days?"

"It snows all the time in Pittsburgh. Why are you queening out now?" Daphne asked.

Justin placed the bags in the back seat and got in the car, fastening his seat belt. "Brian will have to walk on crutches in the snow. It's bad enough that he has to navigate stairs on crutches, but snow and stairs -- that is a nightmare waiting to happen. Luckily I found the ramp in the back of the building. He at least can use the wheelchair." Justin walked through the necessary steps in his head.

"Shit! I didn't think about the crutches. But, I guess it means the wheelchair is it for today." Daphne pulled out into traffic; she was glad she had taken a half-day and wouldn't be fighting all the morning commuters through the storm.

Justin watched the snow fall, silently cursing as the inches seemed to pile up more quickly than normal. When they reached the hospital, he grabbed the bags out of the back seat, and placed them on the curb. "Thanks for everything, Daph. I'll call later and let you know that we got back to the loft. I'm really glad Drew is coming to help. I might need him now."

"No problem, Justin. I'll talk to you later."

Justin grabbed the bags before they got too wet and quickly went up to room 514. Brian was sitting in a chair, his leg was propped on the bed. He was dressed in lounge pants and a heavy sweater. Hearing Justin enter the room, he put down the newspaper he was reading, and smiled.

"Hey. Has my chariot arrived?" Brian joked.

"I don't see Drew yet, but I'm sure he'll be here shortly. He probably got caught in the snow. Traffic is a bitch," Justin explained.

"Weatherman said it was snowing. It snows all the time. What's the big deal?"

"Looks like a fucking blizzard. Sorry to tell you this, but you won't be using those nifty new crutches to get into the building today. It's the back door and ramp for you." Justin leaned over and kissed Brian, hoping to distract him from his decree.

Brian returned the kiss, savoring Justin's distinctive taste. After a few minutes, Justin's back ached and he broke the kiss. "A few more hours and we can do this right," Justin reminded Brian. "Right now, I've got to pack all your things." Justin placed all the magazines and papers in the bottom of the bag. Next, the clothing and toiletries were packed, and lastly, he placed the art work that Gus had made and the few breakable items on top.

"You're very efficient at that," Brian commented as he watched Justin methodically pack the duffle.

Justin grinned at the compliment, rewarding Brian with another toe curling kiss. "Had more practice than I care to admit. What with moving in and out of your loft, back and forth to Daphne's and Debbie's, and of course, we can't forget the New York to Pittsburgh run that was a part of my life this last year and a half," Justin jokingly reminded Brian as he zipped the bag closed after looking in the hospital room and bathroom again. "It's almost 9:00, I hope Drew gets here soon. I know you're anxious to go home."

"Can't leave until the Doc gives the okay, and he hasn't come in this morning. Guess he's running late from the weather as well."

"I forgot about him. So, do you want to finish your paper? I can always draw," Justin asked, trying to distract Brian.

"Might as well. I've already watched the news; the anchors just repeat the same information all morning," Brian agreed as he picked up the newspaper from his lap and returned to reading his article.

Shortly after 9:00, Drew arrived. "Sorry I'm late, but there's an accident on the turnpike. We'll probably want to go around that. Are you ready to leave?" Drew asked.

"Hey, take a seat. The doc hasn't arrived yet, and I can't blow this popsicle stand until I sign out and they release me," Brian directed as he pointed to the empty chair. "Want part of the paper? It might be a while." He held out the paper for Drew, so Drew took the sports page.

The three men sat in silence, the noises unique to the hospital the only sounds in the room. Justin's stomach rumbled loudly enough for all three men to hear.

"Jesus! Didn't Daphne feed you this morning?" Brian exclaimed.

"I had eggs, toast, and juice for breakfast."

Brian nodded at the short list. "Go down to the cafeteria and get some food. I refuse to listen to your stomach make those noises," Brian directed.

Justin put his sketch pad back in his messenger bag, and then walked over to Brian, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll be back soon." He turned toward Drew. "Want to come? Maybe you could stop at the gift shop and pick up something to read. It might be a while."

Drew stood up, following Justin to the door. Turning toward Brian he asked, "Want anything?"

"Yeah --find my fucking doctor so I can get out of here," he replied, tongue in cheek.
Both men nodded and left for the cafeteria.

"Thanks again for coming. He's probably going to need your help to get up that ramp in this snow storm. He might've slipped and fallen on those narrow steps in front of his building, and we both know Brian would have tried to get up them. At least with the snow, he won't be trying any stupid show of Kinney superiority and will agree to use the ramp," Justin said as they exited the elevator.

"No problem. And I also got the ramp made for the bedroom stairs. It's in my trunk."

Justin went through the cafeteria line and grabbed a bagel, cream cheese and a carton of chocolate milk. Drew picked up a bottle of juice. They paid for their food and sat down.

"It's weird to have someone sitting at the table with me," Justin remarked as he spread the cream cheese on his bagel.

"I can sit somewhere else," Drew jokingly offered.

"No! No, that's not what I meant. It's just that I've eaten down here a lot in the last month, and I'm usually alone. Believe me, your company is greatly appreciated." Justin took several bites before continuing the conversation. "Huh. I never thought about it, but what do you do in the winter time?"

"I still work! I work out at the gym. Football is a very physical game, so I have to stay in shape all year. I watch tapes of old games to learn how other quarterbacks in the league play. I do get to relax a lot more. During the season, I don't have much free time, so in the off season, I take it easy when I can," Drew explained. He drank half his bottle of juice and then continued. "How was your show? Emmett couldn't stop talking about your ‘big success.'"

Justin finished his bagel before responding. "The show was awesome. Like you, I work really hard when I paint, sometimes going ten or twelve hours or more without stopping. The difference is that the art scene doesn't have a season. When I have a show coming up, I put in long hours, so then I take a few weeks off to regroup, but sometimes I have to start right back up because I have another show or a commission. The big difference is that I can't train my body to perform; my muse comes when it wants to. It may be 3:00 a.m., and I wake up with an idea and have to paint."

"You're so animated when you talk about your painting. You must really love it," Drew observed.

"You're right. I love my work." Justin looked at the clock on the wall. "It's after 10:00. We better get back. If the doctor has released Brian, he'll be fuming that we aren't there."

 

 

TBC