- Text Size +

Justin returned to the loft about 4:00 p.m., carrying his new art supplies. Absently, he opened the door and called for Brian, but didn't get a response.

Frantic, he scanned the loft, only to see that Brian had fallen asleep in his computer chair, his head on the desk and the screen flashing the little Apple icon. He quietly put the supplies down, grabbed a new sketchbook and started sketching his favorite subject. As the sun set, he put away the drawing and went to the bedroom to read. He saw that he'd been home for over an hour, and went to Brian.

Shaking Brian, he whispered in his ear, "Brian? Brian, you need to get up. You're really going to be sore if you keep sleeping here."

Brian grumbled and looked up. "What the fuck? Justin?"

"You fell asleep. Why don't you go to the bedroom if you're still tired?"

"No, I'm fine. But, why don't you hand me my crutches so I can take a piss."

Justin handed Brian his crutches and watched as he made his way to the stairs leading to the bedroom.

"Fuck! Why didn't you just bring me the wheelchair?"

Justin didn't answer Brian; Brian nodded his head in understanding. "Okay, okay. From now on, just bring me the fucking chair," Brian conceded.

Justin brought him the chair and he rolled himself to the bathroom, then Justin brought him his crutches so he could stand. "You think we could keep a set of crutches in the bathroom so I can do this by myself?" Brian asked as he exited the bathroom.

"I don't see why not. We rented these. We can rent a second pair. Want me to go to the pharmacy and get a pair now? It's early; they should still be open," Justin volunteered.

"Yeah, great. Take the ‘Vette. It will be faster, and I know it's fucking freezing out there."

"Okay. Be back in a few. While I'm gone, why don't you think about what you want to eat," Justin suggested.

Justin returned forty five minutes later with the new crutches and a hand held rolling massager to use on Brian's back and shoulder muscles since they were starting to cramp from using the crutches. He walked into the loft, finding Brian on the bed, and the blue lights on.

"Oh, am I dinner tonight?" Justin teased. "I'm not very filling, and don't have a lot of protein..."

Brian laughed. "Ah, but you're wrong. I have it on good authority that you possess high protein nourishment and can be very filling." Brian patted the bed beside him, motioning for Justin to join him.

"Well, I wouldn't want to be accused of giving you false information." Justin walked to the bedroom, leaving a trail of clothing in his path. "I guess we could start dinner with a Justin Taylor appetizer."

"Sounds yummy," Brian replied as he licked his lips. "Now get your cock up here so I can have my high protein snack.

Justin straddled Brian's chest, bringing his cock in line with Brian's mouth. This was the easiest position for Brian at the moment, as he could lay his leg straight out, and didn't have to move a lot. Justin fed him his cock, and Brian lapped at the engorged flesh. He used his hands to play with Justin's ass, and then grabbed it, bringing Justin's cock closer to his mouth. He controlled Justin's movements, slowing down and speeding up as he desired. He wet one of his fingers and traced Justin's crack with the moist digit, then pushed into Justin's hole and increased the speed of Justin's thrusts. He felt the tightening of Justin's ass, signaling his imminent release and he increased his movements, pushing hard against Justin's prostate to add to the stimulation. Justin jerked, and shot down Brian's throat; sated, he scooted down Brian's chest so he could kiss Brian.

They kissed for a few moments, and then Justin moved his mouth to Brian's leaking cock. He laved, sucked and fondled the hard shaft. Brian was aroused and came within a few minutes. Justin moved up to Brian's mouth again and kissed him, both enjoying the taste of themselves on the other's tongue.

Justin's stomach growled, and Brian swatted his ass. "I guess that means that the hors d'oeurvres are over, and the main course needs to be served."

"What are you hungry for?" Justin asked as he grabbed his underwear.

"I'm not really hungry, but maybe some of Deb's Puttanesca."

Justin went into the kitchen and pulled out the pasta, placing portions on two plates, and then heated them in the microwave. He grabbed some salad and placed it into bowls as well. When the microwave dinged, he put the food on the table and called to Brian.

"Why don't you come help me get dressed, and then we'll eat," Brian yelled from the bedroom.

"Oh, yeah. Coming." Justin went to the bedroom and helped Brian get dressed. While they ate dinner, they talked.

"Did you get much work done?"

Brian rolled his eyes at the question, but decided to be honest. "Not really. Cynthia got here about 10:30 , but by 1:00 I was worn out. I guess you were right about taking it easy. Cynthia suggested that she come over for just a few hours tomorrow, and we'll take it from there."

"I see. And you're going to take the suggestion?" Justin asked tentatively.

"I don't like it, but if I can't keep my eyes open, I'm not much good to anyone. Déjà vu, except this time I'm not getting my balls fried."

Justin leaned over and kissed Brian, and nodded his head in acknowledgment.

"How was your day? Find a suitable studio space?"

"No, dammit. Mom found four properties, but none were really right. She said she'll keep looking," Justin explained. He ate the last of his pasta and got up to refill his bowl. "Want more?" He motioned to the bowl.

"No, thanks."

Justin fixed another bowl of pasta and returned to the table when it was finished heating. "We had lunch at the diner afterwards, and then I bought some new art supplies. Not a very exciting day."

"Good. Glad you bought some new supplies--I want you to paint," Brian commented. He grabbed his crutches from their place against the table. "Justin, why don't you put a blanket on the couch; maybe then I won't ruin the leather. I'm getting tired of sitting or lying in bed. I'd love to stretch out on the couch and be comfortable."

"Sure." Justin got out a blanket and placed it on the couch, then returned to the table to clear the dishes and place them in the dishwasher. By the time he was finished, Brian had maneuvered himself onto the couch.

"Want anything?" Justin asked.

"A shot of Beam would be good."

"When's the last time you had a pain pill?"

"Jesus fucking Christ, Justin! You are not my babysitter!"

Justin cringed but asked again, "When's the last time you had a pain pill?"

"Fucking yesterday. I didn't take one this morning since I was planning on going to work. Now, give me the fucking drink!"

Justin went to the bar and poured Brian a drink. Brian drank it quickly and held out his glass for a refill. Justin cringed when the glass was shoved his way, but he kept quiet. After two drinks, Brian put down his glass.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Justin asked

Brian shrugged. Justin recognized the movement as Brian's way of saying ‘I'm pissed but I'm not dealing with the issue right now. Do whatever the fuck you want.'

"I rented some movies while I was out today. I picked up Shrek 3, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, and Spiderman 3. What sounds good?"

"Jesus, doesn't anyone ever make an original movie anymore? Which do you want to watch?"

"Shrek 3 has some awesome animation. I'd love to see what they did," Justin explained.

"So now I have to watch cartoons," Brian half teased, rolling his eyes. "Go ahead."

They turned on the movie, but before they watched a half hour of it, the buzzer rang.

"And so it begins," Brian stated.

Justin hit the buzzer, asking the person to be identified, not surprised when Michael announced himself. Justin buzzed him up, greeting him at the door.

Michael went immediately to Brian, giving him a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek. He sat down at the end of the couch.

"I'm so glad you're home! You look good... how was the trip home? I bet it was a bitch driving in the snow...Ben and Hunter say Hi! You've got to come by the store--I changed the display of Rage and JT, and it is so awesome...so, when are you going to Babylon ? Your public misses you," Michael rattled off the questions without paying the least amount of attention to Brian or Justin's pained looks.

Brian pinched the space above his nose, trying to ward off the headache that was forming there. "Slow down, Mikey. I'm not going anywhere," Brian said slowly, hoping the pace of his voice would slow Michael's questions. "Yes, I'm home and it is good to be here. I really didn't pay much attention to the drive home, just was happy to be out of that hell-hole of a hospital. As for Babylon, I can't exactly dance at the moment, and dropping trou in the back room when you have to hold on to a crutch is so lame," Brian explained.

Michael smiled at the familiar banter, not responding to Brian's pronouncements. "So, Hunter is thinking of joining the swim team again and he's started applying to colleges. Who knew I would get so caught up in fatherhood," Michael droned on.

Brian pinched the bridge of his nose again, but Michael didn't notice.

"Michael, thanks for coming by, but it's been a really long day. Brian's tired, and we were just starting the movie. Why don't you call him tomorrow and talk then," Justin encouraged.

"But, Brian and I haven't really talked in a long time," he began.

"Time for you to go," Brian announced.

"Oh. Okay," Michael said as he stood up. He quickly bussed Brian on the cheek and walked to the door. "Call me if you need anything. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

Justin quickly shut the door. "Guess I'm not a very good gatekeeper," he observed.

"Michael can be really dense and self-centered. You did fine. Now, come watch the movie. The animation is very good." Brian patted the couch, and Justin returned to his seat.

They watched the movie for another half an hour and the buzzer rang again. Justin stopped the movie and asked the caller to ID himself.

"Justin, its Emmett. I've brought salmon cakes and other goodies!"

"Come on up." Justin turned toward Brian. "I guess we'll never finish the movie."

"They stayed away until today. You did good, Justin. But, try to get rid of him quickly."

Justin opened the door, waiting for the elevator to arrive. Emmett swooshed in, bags of food in each hand.

"Hi, Brian! You're looking much improved. Color is good too. I guess being in the loft agrees with you," Emmett announced as he unloaded the bags of food. "I've brought you some of those salmon cakes you liked so much. There's also a spinach soufflé and a Mandarin orange salad that is to die for." He folded up the paper bags, then placed the food in the refrigerator. "My, my, Debbie has been here. There's enough pasta in here to feed a large family in Italy. Should I freeze some of it?" he offered.

"No. Between Justin and me, we'll probably eat all the food," Brian answered. "Besides, you know Debbie will be back, and if she sees her pasta is gone, she'll just bring more."

"True." Emmett went to the living room and sat down on the chair, facing Brian. "So, how are you? Does the leg hurt a lot? Do you need anything?"

"Em, we were in the middle of watching a movie. We really appreciate you coming by and bringing food, but..."

"Of course, sweetie. Now, don't you worry. I'll come back in a few days and pick up the empty containers, and bring more food for you two. No need for you to cook, baby. I always have leftovers when I cater. Might as well bring them to you than feed the dogs."

"Thanks again, Em." Justin stood up and walked to the door. Emmett followed him, and kissed him on the cheek as he walked out.

"See, you're learning. Good job," Brian commended him.

Justin beamed at Brian's praise. Again, he sat down to watch the movie, and this time they were not interrupted. It was close to 10:00 when they finished.

"Ready for bed?" Justin asked.

"Yeah. Set the alarm for 7:30. That should give us enough time to get ready before Cynthia comes," Brian directed.

Justin helped Brian get ready for bed, falling asleep easily. The next morning, Justin assisted Brian to bathe and dress, and then made his breakfast. Brian worked at the computer while he waited for Cynthia. Justin left when she arrived, and ran errands. He saw Daphne, and went by his mom's office to see if she had any new places for him to view. He returned home about 4:00 to find Brian busily working at the computer.

"You seem more awake today," Justin remarked as he brought the mail to the table.

"Yeah. Cynthia still left about 1:00, but I obviously didn't feel the need for an afternoon nap. At least now I don't feel like I'm in kindergarten anymore. I think Gus stays up longer than I do," Brian half-kidded.

"I was going to work on my sketches if that is okay with you. I haven't had much time lately, and I promised Sam I would have at least five pieces when I came back to the city at the end of next month."

Brian saved his work on the computer. "Justin, I want you to continue with your career. You told me you could paint here as well as in New York. I don't want you to stop because of me," Brian reminded him. "I do think I'll lie down for a while before dinner. Can you bring me my wheelchair?"

Justin brought him his chair and helped him get into bed, then began working on his latest sketches. He worked for several hours before the grumblings of his stomach made him stop to heat up some food. He checked on Brian, and decided to wake him as he didn't want him to be up all night. Justin fixed dinner, and then they watched Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Unlike the last night, they were uninterrupted.

Thursday was much like the day before, Justin assisting Brian with his morning routine and leaving while Brian and Cynthia worked. Justin's mom showed him some additional properties, and he found one he liked. Since it was empty, he made arrangements to move in the following day. He directed the art store to deliver his latest shipment to the new address, and went to the furniture rental store and rented a futon, table and several lamps. The studio had great lighting, but he found there were times he worked well into the night and needed the artificial light to paint.

Justin came in to the loft and found Brian sitting on the couch reading the Wall Street Journal. He took off his coat and scarf, laying them on the edge of the couch and leaned over the back, giving Brian a full mouth kiss.

"Have a good day?" Brian asked.

"Mom found me a great studio space. It's two block from here on Slater Street. I signed the paperwork and can move in a few days. It's been empty for awhile so I got a good deal on it," Justin chatted as he went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. "Want some?" he asked as he held up his bottle.

"No. Thanks. If I drink, that I gotta piss and that means moving to the wheelchair, rolling up the ramp. You get the picture. Just easier not to drink a lot."

"You don't want to get dehydrated. Are you still taking your pain pills? You need to drink a lot of liquids with them," Justin reminded him in his Public Service Announcement voice.

"I'm fine. I promise I piss enough. Now don't you have to get ready to go to the Munchers?' Brian reminded him as he changed the subject.

"Yeah. I've got time to take a quick shower before I leave. Are you coming?"

Brian eyed Justin's crotch and Justin rolled his eyes. "You never change," he teased.

"Wouldn't have me any other way. Would you?"

Justin walked over to the couch again and gave Brian a searing kiss. "No. I love you just the way you are," he sing songed in Billy Joel fashion.

Brian reached up and play swatted him on the top of his head. "Go shower. I'll be waiting for you. Can't wait to see Sonny boy. I haven't seen him since Linds brought him over before your trip."

Justin glanced at the clock on the VCR. "It's later than I thought; otherwise we won't get any playtime with Gus.

While Justin was in the shower, Brian called Jennifer.

"Mother Taylor, its Brian."

"...I'm fine. Justin is a wonderful nurse. You taught him well."

"...Not flattery, just the truth. I understand he signed papers for a new studio. Can you tell me the address?"

"...I know its client information, but I'm his..."

"...Thank you."

Brian hung up his phone and quickly called the art studio where Justin ordered his supplies. He ordered a shipment of canvas and paints to be delivered to the new studio in four days. He had the clerk add a note to the order. "I'm glad you're following your dream. Brian."