- Text Size +
Brian woke the next morning as Justin was sucking his cock.

“I could get used to this, Justin. Now if you want to bring your sweet cock up here, I could reciprocate,” Brian suggested as he eyed Justin licking the last remnants of his come.

“As much as that sounds appealing, I’ve got a shit load of stuff to do today and I need to get moving.” He kissed his way up Brian’s chest and shared a morning kiss with him.

“Shame, shame. All work and no fucking leaves you a horny man,” Brian teased as Justin finished the kiss and moved to get out of bed.

“I’m sure you’ll make it up to me,” Justin smiled as he brought the wheelchair over for Brian.

“Okay, taskmaster. I’m moving. Monday can’t come soon enough for me. What time is the appointment with the ortho guy?”

“It’s at 9:00. We need to leave by 8:00 to beat the traffic,” Justin informed him as he went into the bathroom to fill the sink up with water. He gathered the supplies Brian would need for his morning sponge bath and waited for Brian to finish at the toilet.

“You’re really adept at that,” Justin commented as he watched Brian efficiently take care of his morning needs.

“Whatever. Come on, let’s do this so you can get your errands run. Maybe when you come back, we could fuck?’

Justin smiled at Brian’s comment. “Is that all you think about? Sometimes, I wonder how you have time to run a business?”

Brian grinned. “I’m great at multi- tasking. Besides, with you standing naked right in front of me, how can I think of anything else but putting my cock up that lucious ass.”

Justin didn’t comment, just smiled as he helped Brian wash up and get into fresh clothes. He took a quick shower and went to the kitchen to grab a bagel and a bottle of orange juice. He took out some wheat bread and placed in the toaster. When it finished, he placed it on a plate and poured some Guava juice for Brian.

“We’re almost out of toothpaste and toilet paper, and I promised my mom I would fix her computer... anything you want while I’m gone?”

“No, I’m going to try to get some work done. Hopefully, the doctor will give me a walking cast on Monday and I can go in to Kinnetik,” Brian said as he flexed his arms and admired the bulges. “Although, these crutches have built up my biceps pretty fast.”

Justin kissed said bicep, then kissed his lover goodbye and went on his errands.

Brian started working but was quickly interrupted by the phone.

“Hello,” he answered.

“…I’m fine, Deb. Yes we’ve been eating your food. It’s almost gone." <i>Shit, now she’ll come over with more food.</i>

“…I guess we could come over. We’ll have to leave early.”

“…No. I’ve got a doctor’s appointment in the morning.”

“…Okay, 6:30 it is. See you then.”

Justin returned late in the afternoon, and found Brian resting on the couch. He gently kissed him hello and Brian opened his eyes, acknowledging Justin.

“Hey, you get everything done? You were gone almost all day.” Brian asked.

“Yeah. I had to go to three stores to find the right connection for my mom’s computer --that took a long time. I stopped at the studio to drop off some blank canvas that came in - thanks for letting me use the van. It really has been helpful; all of this would have taken forever if I had to use the bus. I guess I should look into buying a car. I’ve never had a car, but now that I’m back in Pittsburgh and I can actually afford one…”

Brian nodded his head in agreement. “A car would be a good idea. That way you wouldn’t have to rely on the bus. What kind of car do you want?”

“I know nothing about cars. Never really thought about it. I borrowed my mom’s car when she would let me, but other than that…”

Smiling Brian sat up on the couch. “I see I failed in my tutelage. I neglected to provide you with an appreciation of fine cars. I’ll have to remedy that. Why don’t you bring me my laptop and we shall explore the wonderful world of cars.”

Justin brought Brian his laptop and sat next to him on the couch. “Where do we begin?”

“Tell me what you want in a car. Sleek, easy ride, sporty?” Brian urged.

“Something with four wheels. It’s got to be roomy -- I have to transport canvases and supplies. Dependable. I don’t care what it looks like, but the ‘Vette is not a good choice.”

“What’s wrong with my car?” Brian asked, indignant.

Justin laughed at Brian’s scowl. “Nothing’s wrong with the ‘Vette. It just doesn’t have a big back seat, and the trunk is nonexistent. It would be really hard to cart stuff around in it,” Justin explained.

“Okay.” Brian brought up specs for a Toyota Highlander Sport, a Honda CRV and a Ford Escape.

Justin studied each of the specs. I don’t like the Escape, but the CRV or Highlander may be a possibility. I can’t really tell by the picture. I’d need to look at it. Some of my canvases are really big and I need to be able to transport them.”

“Hopefully the doc will let me walk on this leg next week. If so, we could go car shopping. I would have to sit in the back, but I could get out of the loft.”

Justin kissed Brian, laughing as his stomach growled.

“Jesus, Justin. Didn’t you eat lunch? That was the loudest growl I’ve heard in a while.”

“Yeah, I ate a hot dog from a vendor in the city. I was really busy,” Justin explained as he went to the kitchen. “I’ll fix us some dinner, and then we can watch another movie.”

“I’ve watched enough movies. How about some Scrabble?”

“Okay. I don’t think we’ve ever played Scrabble, but it might be fun.”

They ate dinner and played Scrabble. After finally winning a game, Justin announced, “That was fun. We should do it more often.”

“Maybe. I’m usually working at night, or at Babylon. Don’t have time for board games.”

Justin started to respond but was cut off by the buzzer. Walking over, he spoke into the speaker. “Yes?” he asked

“It’s us, baby. We thought we’d pop in and see how Brian’s doing. We’re on our way to Babylon, and you were close.”

“Come on up,” Justin said as he buzzed in their friends.

The elevator came up to Brian’s floor and Em, Ted, Michael and Ben got out.

“Well hello, boys,” Brian called from his perch on the couch. “Have you all been behaving in my absence? I see the professor is accompanying you for the evening, so you have a chaperone.”

“Good to see you haven’t lost your sardonic wit. How are you adjusting, Brian?” Ben asked.

Justin waved the men into the living space and they sat down. “Drinks, anyone?” he asked.

A chorus of “No’s” echoed around the room, so Justin went to sit by Brian.

“Is Kinnetik still standing, Theodore?”

“Sure Boss, but everyone is anxious for your return. When do you think you’ll be coming back?” Ted replied, eyeing the wheelchair in the corner and the short ramp on the stairs.

“I go to the doctor on Monday, so hopefully he’ll put a walking cast on my leg and I can return to the working world. I’m sure my presence has been sorely missed,” Brian answered, tongue in cheek. “Honeycutt, don’t tell me Drew allows you to go out in public dressed like that,” he asked as he eyed the leopard print pants paired with a red-ribbed shirt.

“Drew happens to like the way I’m dressed, thank you very much, and don’t call me Honeycutt,” he responded with the familiar reminder to not call him by his last name.

“Why don’t you come with us, Justin? Seems like Brian has things under control here,” Michael asked.

“Yes, do” Emmett urged.

“Well…” Justin hesitated.

“Go. I’ll be fine, Justin. Besides, you deserve a night out. I promise to behave and go to bed early,” Brian half teased.

“Well, okay. Just let me shower and change. I won’t be long,” Justin said as he quickly left the group to get ready. Justin returned in under a half an hour, not needing or desiring the primping that Brian did to go out. He leaned over and whispered in Brian’s ear. “Thank you. I owe you one.”

Brian reached over pulling Justin down for a deep kiss. After letting go, he smiled and said, “Have fun. I’ll be looking forward to my payback…Later,”

“Later,” Justin responded and locked the door, setting the alarm as he left with the gang.

Brian looked at the clock, realizing that it was already ten o’clock, wondering where the time had gone. He didn’t want to go to bed yet, and wasn’t really tired. He wheeled himself to the liquor cart and poured himself a drink. Enjoying the taste of the bourbon going down his throat, he poured himself another. Enough, Kinney. You aren’t drowning your sorrows.

Brian looked around for any signs of Vic when he heard the familiar message, but realized it was his own mind that put forth the words. Smiling at his ability to stop his drinking, he rolled back to the couch and flipped on the television. He hunted around for something to watch, settling on a documentary of Ancient Greece. The show discussed the cultural acceptance of male-on-male sex within the confines of Greek society, and Brian found it half-interesting. He fell asleep before it ended.

At Babylon, Justin danced with Emmett, as well as several hot guys. He was propositioned by at least half a dozen men to join them in the back room, but he turned them all down.

Justin walked back to the gang who were congregated around the bar area. “Why are you turning away all the men? You know Brian wouldn’t care. Hell, you know he’d be in the back room enjoying himself,” Michael asked when he noticed the tall brunette walking away from Justin.

Justin ordered a Beam and a bottle of water, and drank both before responding. “I know Brian wouldn’t care, but I’m not Brian. I don’t always want to trick. In fact,” he paused while he thought for a few moments, “its been months since I tricked. When Brian kicked me out of his life last summer I was too depressed to do anything but paint; I had just started going out again when he had his accident.”

“Don’t think Brian’s going to be monogamous,” Michael reminded him. He ordered a bottle of water too, drinking half of it before giving the rest to Ben.

“I know. Brian leads his own life and I lead mine. I can’t control him. I didn’t mean that I wouldn’t ever trick again, Michael. It’s just that right now, I don’t want to.”

“Okay, it’s your life. I just worry.”

Justin rolled his eyes. “Well, don’t. Hey, I love that song! I’m going to find someone to dance with me. Talk to you later.” Justin went to the dance floor and started dancing; as expected, he had several hot, sweaty men by his side in a few moments.

Michael turned toward Ben after his short conversation with Justin. “Justin told me he hasn’t tricked since last summer. I know Brian would freak if he knew that. He would never approve of Justin being monogamous.”

Ben wrapped his arm around Michael and hugged him briefly. “Michael, let Brian worry about Justin. Remember our talk; Justin is his best friend now. Let them work things out without you putting in your two cents worth.”

“But…. Okay, I guess you’re right. I just don’t want to see Brian hurt. He’s still really vulnerable.” Michael pleaded for understanding.

Before Ben could answer, a very sweaty Justin made his way to the two men. “Hey, I’m wiped. Taking care of Brian and setting up a studio has taken its toll. I’m going to call it a night.” Justin informed them.

“See you later, sweetie,” Em said as he walked up. He gave Justin a big hug. “I’ll be by in the afternoon to bring more fabulous food. I have a brunch to cater, and I know there’ll be leftovers.”

“Thanks Em.” Turning towards Drew and Ted, he waved, “See you guys later. Hopefully Brian can come in on Tuesday. It will make everyone happy.” He left, walking quickly to the ‘Vette, thinking that in a few weeks he’d have his own ride.

Justin came home to find Brian asleep on the couch. He leaned down to kiss him and smelled alcohol. He silently cursed Brian, but vowed to not say a word. He gently shook him, waking up his lover. “Time for bed. I’m home.”

Brian sat up and looked around for his wheelchair. “You stink. Go take a shower,” he said with precision and no sign of slurred speech.

“Let me help you into bed and then I’ll shower,” Justin urged, and he was thankful that he had reserved judgment until he spoke with Brian. He silently thanked the invisible Vic for getting through to Brian.

“I think I can do it myself. Seriously, you really reek. Go shower, before you make me gag,” Brian directed as he pointed to the shower.

Justin went to the shower, peeling off his smoke-filled clothing, taking a whiff of them before placing them in the hamper. “Yuck. He’s right. I never really noticed before, since both of us smelled like that.” He quickly showered, washed his hair and joined Brian in bed.

“Better?” Justin asked as he scooted toward Brian.

“Much. Now get some sleep. It’s late.”