- Text Size +

Brian woke first on Sunday morning. He turned toward Justin, watching his favorite blond sleeping. I love the quiet of the mornings before the phone rings, the radio blares and people clamor for my attention. It's the most peaceful time of my day and when Justin is with me, I'm at peace. Nobody knows that I watch Justin sleep, his blond hair tousled on the pillow case, his limbs sprawled all over the bed, frequently with his legs on my side of the bed. Funny how people develop their side of the bed. Justin always sleeps by the bathroom. Even when we stayed in his apartment in New York , he was always closest to the bathroom. Probably because I always made him go get the wet cloth to wipe us off. He is so beautiful and I'm so lucky to have him in my life. Maybe one day I will be able to tell him that I'm glad he came back.

Justin turned in his sleep, making noises that Brian recognized as signaling his eminent waking. Brian looked at Justin as he opened his eyes, giving him a crooked smile and leaned down to kiss him. Justin returned the kiss, moving to lie on top of Brian. 

"If you sit on my chest and feed me your cock, I can give you a proper wake up. Unfortunately this damned cast prevents me from truly appreciating your morning wood, but..." Brian teased as he ran his hands up and down Justin's back. 

"I'm game," Justin laughed as he scooted his body up Brian's chest so he could feed him his engorged cock. Brian pulled Justin's buttocks close so he could reach his cock without straining. Sticking out his tongue to lick the long shaft, he licked the slit and sucked on the head, inhaling Justin's smell as he moaned his enthusiasm. Justin scooted his cock as close to Brian's mouth as he could. Supporting his weight on his knees, Justin watched his cock move in and out of Brian's mouth, enjoying the moist, wet heat. I love this man so much. Brian moved his hands, squeezing Justin's ass cheeks as he continued to suck and lick Justin's cock. I could let him do this all day. Shit, I'm going to come. Brian swallowed Justin's juices, licking his lips in appreciation of his high protein snack.


Justin scooted back down Brian's chest so he could kiss Brian. "You taste good," he stated as he licked Brian's lips.

"Twat. You are such a narcissist," Brian teased.

"Takes one to know one," Justin shot back.

Brian smiled. "Are you saying..."

Justin kissed Brian quiet, and then scooted down his body, kissing his chest and abs until he reached Brian's cock, where he reciprocated the morning blow job. I love this man so much. He gives the best blow jobs. Justin felt Brian tense, recognizing his imminent release and used his hand to supplement his mouth. I could let him do this all day. Shit, I'm going to come. After Brian came, Justin kissed his way up Brian's torso again, lying on top of Brian with his head resting in the crook of Brian's neck. 

"Good morning," Justin said as he nuzzled into Brian's warm neck.

"Back at you," Brian said. "As much as I enjoy you on top of me, my bladder is going to burst so I suggest you get off and help me out of bed," Brian announced. 

Justin rolled off Brian, giving him a quick kiss on the lips before getting out of bed and bringing the wheelchair to the edge. Brian quickly got in the wheelchair and wheeled himself to the bathroom where he grabbed his crutches. While he completed his morning ritual, Justin brought the shower chair and other bath supplies to the area so he could clean Brian and help him get dressed. 

"Hopefully after tomorrow, I'll be able to take a shower. Think I can fuck you in the shower, Justin?" Brian leered as he eyed Justin's cock.

"We should probably wait until you get your cast off for a shower fuck. The last thing you need is to fall down again. You may be able to put weight on it, but you shouldn't stay in the shower very long since the cast still can't get wet. Besides, sex in the shower requires a lot of bending and maneuvering, and I think it would be hard to do with a cast on your leg," Justin explained in his public service announcement voice.

"You are such a pragmatist at times. Don't you have any sense of adventure?" Brian teased as helped Justin pull down his shirt. 

"Yeah, me the spoiled sport. Funny how I don't relish the idea of you in a cast for six months instead of just two," Justin smarted back. "Now will you be still so I can get your pants on." 

Brian cooperated with Justin to finish his morning routine. "Go take your shower. I'll be reading in the living room. No need to make breakfast before you get clean. I can wait to eat," he instructed as he gestured toward the shower.

"Thanks. I'll be quick, I promise," Justin replied as he leaned down and kissed Brian on the cheek. 

Justin finished his morning routine and went into the kitchen to make breakfast.

"What are your plans today?" Brian asked as he watched Justin get out the bowl for eggs.

"I told Daphne that I would stop by, but I should be back by 4:00. I know we have to be at Deb's at 6:30. That should give me plenty of time to throw some laundry in and clean up a bit."

Brian winced at the mention of Daphne. "So the other night... did you go to Daphne's?"

"Yeah. She called the next morning and we talked a little, but I haven't talked to her since," Justin explained as he cracked the eggs on the side of the bowl. "I know you don't like it when I talk about us, but she's my best friend and--"

"No apologies, Justin. Go make nice with Daphne and try to convince her I'm not the hopeless drunk she thinks I am," Brian said, tongue-in-cheek.

Justin opened his mouth to respond, but Brian put his hand up, stopping him from speaking. 

"Like I said, Justin, I'm probably going to screw up but I want you here. I get it, okay. Managing my pain with alcohol and drugs is not a good thing."

If only his words matched his actions. I'm such a shit. I always complain that he doesn't say what he thinks and feels and now that he says what I want to hear, I'm not sure he really will do what he says, Justin mused.

Justin washed the egg off his hands and walked over to where Brian was sitting in his wheelchair. He leaned over and kissed him with an open-mouthed kiss. He pulled back from the kiss and stood up. "Thank you. I know the words are hard for you," Justin said softly. 

"Have you put the toast up yet? I'm really getting hungry here," Brian said, effectively changing the subject at hand.

"Not yet. I want to get the eggs in the frying pan and cook a little before I put the toast on. That way the toast doesn't get cold," he answered, recognizing Brian's tactic to change the subject. "It will all be done in five minutes. Why don't you wheel yourself to the table?"

While Justin finished making the breakfast, Brian wheeled himself to the table. Justin served the two plates of eggs, toast, and poured Brian his Guava juice. Justin picked up the strawberry jam and spread some on his toast. "What are your plans for today? Are you going to take it easy?"

Brian shook his head and pointed to his home office area. "I've still got a lot of work on the Liberty Air account to finish. My little ‘hangover' really put me behind. And with me not being in the office on Monday morning... Well, I've got some work to complete."

"So you're planning on going to the office after your appointment?" Justin asked as he salted his eggs.

"Justin, I'm going to the doctor tomorrow, and hopefully he will put me in a walking cast. After that, I can take that long awaited shower and really wash my hair. Of course, that means I can return to Kinnetik. I need to be able to work a full day," Brian reminded him.

Justin knew better then to argue with him. He had learned long ago that Brian's body would work with him or it wouldn't, and it was a far stronger taskmaster then Justin could ever be.

"Okay," Justin said and then he ate the remainder of his breakfast. He cleared the table and placed the dishes in the dishwasher. 

"I'm off to Daphne's and to the grocery. We need some milk and fruit. Everyone brings us packages of food, but not the essentials like bread, milk, and fruit. Is there anything you want from the store?"

"Apples and Guava juice. Maybe pick up some snacks for Gus. I hope Lindsey will bring him by after I'm able to get around better." 

"No problem. If you think of anything else, just call and tell me." Justin leaned down and kissed Brian and then left the apartment.

Justin jangled the keys to the ‘Vette in his pocket. Brian has come a long way. Before, he would never have even considered letting me use the ‘Vette. He unlocked the car and got in the driver's seat. After putting on his seatbelt, he put the key in the ignition and carefully backed the car out of the garage. He was thankful that the snow from earlier in the week was now just piles of grey slush on the streets. He pushed the buttons on the radio, seeking some good music but all he could find was rap, and he wasn't in the mood for it. He drove to Daphne's in silence, thinking about the upcoming visit.

He parked the ‘Vette in the lot of her apartment building and made sure the alarm was set. After the break in at Brian's loft, when he forgot to set the alarm, he always checked twice to make sure any alarms were set. He stopped at the corner store and picked up a bag of Pistachio nuts for the two of them to share. He found confession was always easier if you had something to occupy your hands.

He knocked on Daphne's door and heard her call "Come in" through the thin veneer. She greeted him with a big hug as he entered the apartment. 

"You sure Brian is okay?" she questioned as she grabbed the nuts from Justin's hands.

"He's fine, Daphne. It's not like he's on his death bed. He just has a broken leg. He's made remarkable progress in getting around the loft," Justin defended as he sat cross-legged on the couch.

"So what's it like taking care of Brian? I bet he's a real bear," Daphne questioned.

"I don't do much. I help him get clean in the morning and then help him get dressed and I cook. But I cooked before the accident. Brian has never enjoyed the kitchen. For someone who has the most beautiful kitchen, state-of-the-art appliances, and every gadget known to man, it seems strange that he doesn't ever go in there except to grab a beer or poppers from the fridge," Justin relayed. He went into the kitchen to grab a large bowl to put their nut shells in. Placing it on the coffee table, he grabbed a handful of nuts and started shelling them, leaving the refuse in the bowl.

Daphne picked up a handful of nuts and started to shell them as well. "So tell me about this commission and why you aren't going to take it," she demanded as she popped a nut in her mouth.

"Sam called and told me that someone who attended the show really liked my work and wanted me to paint a picture for their office. Seems the guy has been looking for an artist's work to use in his new office and hadn't found anyone," Justin explained as he popped a few nuts into his mouth.

Daphne bounced on the sofa in excitement. "Oh my God! That is so exciting. I can't believe you turned it down. Couldn't you go up there, talk to him and paint it here?" she asked.

Justin shook his head. "No, I would have taken the job if it were that easy. According to Sam, he wanted me to paint it on the wall in his office. I couldn't do that."

"I see. So what happened with Brian? How does it all fit together?" Daphne furrowed her brow as she tried to understand how the commission fit in with Brian's drinking binge. She went to the kitchen, grabbing sodas from the fridge, and handing one to Justin as she popped the top on her own.

Justin placed the soda on the coaster and then paced the small apartment several times before answering. "He got mad that I didn't take the commission and felt he could bully me into doing it. When he didn't get his way, he got drunk. Pain management at its finest." Justin stared out the window in the living room, not looking at Daphne.

"So what happened?"

"He told me he was sorry," Justin admitted, turning around to look at Daphne. "He's never said he was sorry in all the time I've known him. He said he'll try not to use alcohol and drugs to numb his pain." Justin smiled a weak smile as he said the last statement.

"Do you really think so, Jus?" Daphne questioned her friend's answer.

"No. I think..." Justin walked back to the couch, sitting heavily on the furniture. "He doesn't say things to placate anyone, but I know he's had a lifetime of numbing his pain with booze and drugs. It's going to take more than one ‘I'm sorry' to change."

"What are you going to do if he gets drunk again?" Daphne asked, reaching out to hold Justin's hand as she supported her best friend.

"I'm sure he'll drink again and do drugs, but I'm not worried about that. It's the drugs and booze he uses when he doesn't want to face a situation that bothers me. I can't leave him, Daph. I just can't. If I threaten him with leaving, he'll tell me to go. If I stay and he continues to handle his problems by getting drunk or drugged or both, I don't think I can stay and watch him. I'm so screwed," Justin sighed as he sat back on the couch and closed his eyes, trying to stop the tears from leaving his eyes.

Daphne leaned over, hugging him tightly. "Maybe he's learned his lesson, Justin."
She attempted to comfort him.

Justin allowed himself to be hugged, enjoying the human touch of his friend. When Daphne let him go, he wiped his eyes, getting rid of the moisture there.

"I just have to have faith, Daph. He's been there for me and I'll be there for him. That's what partners do."

"Tell me about your new studio. Where is it? How big is it? When can I come and visit?" Daphne rattled off the questions.

Justin went to the bathroom to wash his face and returned with an attempt at his famous smile plastered on his face. "It's really close to the loft and the diner. In fact, it's only a few streets down from Kinnetik. I can visit Brian during his lunch hour." Justin smiled mischievously. "It's in an old warehouse. Mom said the owner is trying to renovate the building and put condos in the top part and small shops on the bottom. I have a space in the back of the building--don't want anyone looking at me when I paint, nor do I want my paintings to disappear in the middle of the night. Since it is an old warehouse, there are lots of windows. They used them for ventilation. I'll have good light from mid-morning to late afternoon. Since I'm not exactly a morning person, it's perfect." 

Daphne nodded her head as she listened to Justin describe his new space. "I can't wait to see it," she admitted. "Just think, you're a famous painter in Pittsburgh and I have "ins" with you. All my friends at work will be jealous," she proclaimed, tongue-in-cheek.

Justin laughed. "I'm not famous yet, but maybe one day... Monday, I'm taking Brian to the doctor and I'll be busy. Why don't you come on Tuesday?" he suggested.

"I guess I could go in to work a little late. I've been working on this big presentation and my boss kind of suggested I take some time off. Doesn't want me to get burned out. I'll let her know Monday that I'll be in late on Tuesday. Maybe we can go to the diner for breakfast. Just like old times," she reminisced as she picked up some Pistachio's to crack. 

"Sounds great. I'll call you Monday night and confirm. Hopefully Brian will have a walking cast and will be able to go to Kinnetik. I'll still have to drive him, but that's okay."

Daphne drank some of her soda, washing down the nuts. "Speaking of driving, can he get in the ‘Vette? I'd think that would be really hard," Daphne observed.

"We rented a van for a few weeks. I can put his wheelchair and the portable ramp in it and it's a lot easier for Brian to get in and out," Justin explained. He popped the top of his soda and took a drink as well. He reached in his pocket and took out a key chain, dangling the single key in front of Daphne. "But..." he smiled a huge grin. "I've been driving the ‘Vette." 

"No...!" Daphne exclaimed. "He lets you drive his ‘Vette. Oh my God! Brian Kinney is a ‘changed' man'." Daphne grabbed for the coveted key chain, holding it in her hand as she admired it as if it were made of a precious stone. "You didn't tell me he hit his head when he fell," she teased.

Justin grabbed the key chain back, stuffing it in his pocket. "He didn't hit his head," he admonished. "It was just more practical for me to drive than riding on the bus."

Daphne nodded in pretend acceptance of the explanation. "Why aren't you driving the van?"

Justin shook his head and mock raised his eyebrows. "I had to leave the van there. In case there was an emergency and someone had to take him somewhere. Duhh."

"I see."

Justin glanced at the VCR, looking at the clock. "Look, I have to go. We're going to Debbie's tonight and I need to do a few things at the loft before we leave."

Daphne gathered up the bowl, the nuts and the sodas, bringing them to the kitchen. "Call me tomorrow night and we'll finalize things. I can't wait to see your new place. Things sure have changed in the last month." She hugged him tight and handed him his coat and scarf. 

"Talk to you later, Daph. Thanks for listening," Justin said as he put on his coat, then the scarf.

"That's what best friends are for," she replied as she mocked punched him on the arm. She walked him to the door, and closed and locked at as he returned to the street.