- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Ted and Lindsay seek more information on Prince Charming, Brian’s physical therapy intensifies with the research study.

Title: Metamorphosis… 
Story Type: AU 
Word Count: 4424
Rating: R, Porn…
Warnings: Passion and Lust…
Beta Queen: Bigj52
Banner: Yvonnereid

Summary: It’s all gone in just moments; your life changes and there’s no going back. You’re no longer the person you thought you were and you have no idea who you’ll become. 

Chapter Summary: Ted and Lindsay seek more information on Prince Charming, Brian’s physical therapy intensifies with the research study. 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable charters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended… 

Metamorphosis… 
It took losing you to finally let myself love you…

Part Two ~ Healing and Mending…

Chapter Five ~ Lions and Tigers and Bears

Lindsay is sitting in the diner with the boys, waiting for Justin; it’s become their usual place to meet and exchange Gus for his regular visits with Justin. It also gives the rest of the gang a chance to catch up on what’s going on in Justin’s life and Gus a way of still seeing his Grandma Deb and the boys. Justin struts into the diner with a little extra spring in his step and a big smile on his face - he’s actually glowing… 

He slides into the seat next to Emmett and tries to hide his glee. Em just says. “Spill.” Justin plays innocent and says; “Nothing, nothing… Honest, it’s just that I’m starting summer classes next week and life is great!” Emmett can’t help smiling and clapping then he notices the sparkly ring on his finger. 

“Justin, is that a fucking engagement ring?” Justin’s face drains of all color which isn’t much considering it’s usually a lighter shade of pale to begin with; he chastises himself for forgetting to put it on the chain around his neck before coming into the diner. 

 



“Oh My God, baby, it’s so beautiful, and blue and sleek and modern… Oh God, it’s so you… So did Prince Charming pick it out himself or did you get a say in what you’ll be wearing for the next fifty years?” Justin blushes. “Both. He surprised me and had a jeweler come to the house and design just what we wanted as well as our wedding bands.” 

Em and Lindsay both glance at each other, knowing how hard it’s been for Justin to get over Brian moving away. Gus pipes in with “I’m going to be the flower girl.” Justin shakes his head and says; “If it’s okay with your moms we’d like you to be the ring bearer.” 

Justin figures he might as well get it all out in the open now and head off most of the questions. “First, I want to say that it’s going to be a very, very small wedding out of town. I know you all don’t really understand, but he is a very, very private person and we’re not getting married until I’m out of school. So that won’t be for another year at the earliest.” 

Lindsay starts in with, “Well, actually, I kind of wanted to talk to you about this very thing… I’m not so sure it’s a good idea that Gus is spending so much time with someone that Mel and I haven’t even met… As a matter of fact I was going to bring this up before you even mentioned anything about rings and understanding.” 

“Because quite frankly I don’t… I don’t understand. Why it is okay for Gus to meet your fiancé, but not his mothers? And he talks about this Prince Charming all the time and I don’t want him getting so attached. Sometimes I catch him referring to him as ‘daddy’. Now how do you think Brian would feel about that?”

Justin looks at her and tries to find the right words to explain why he can’t tell her. He says, “He’s one of those people who have phobias about being near people and germs.”

“You are such a liar, what’s the real reason?” Michael retorts.

It’s true. Justin couldn’t lie if his life depended upon it. He bites his lip and says, “It’s true he’s uncomfortable in crowds and well, he was in an accident and he’s going through physical therapy.” There, I said it out loud and the world didn’t come to an end, at least not yet… He’s going to kill me.

“Justin, I’m so sorry, I hope he’s alright, maybe once he’s feeling better?” Lindsay replies.

“Yeah we’ll see. I should go. I have a big day planned for Gus and me.” Justin says.

~~~~

“This way,Ted. I switched cars with Dusty for the day so he wouldn’t recognize the car. Hurry up, we’re going to lose him.”

“I feel really strange about following him, but I agree you need to at least find out his fiancé’s name and address, maybe run a background check on him. I do think Gus is spending too much time with him, although you can’t beat the free daycare.”

“Did you buy that bit about his boyfriend being in an accident?”

“Not for a minute…”

“What do you think is going on?”

“Linds, probably nothing. I don’t see Justin as the scheming type.”

“He’s getting on the freeway going towards West Virginia!”

“Why West Virginia?”

“How should I know, Lindsay?”

~~~~

Well, at least I got him to agree to go to the circus. It’s a week day so it shouldn’t be too crowded and it’s less likely we’ll run into anyone. Brian has a session scheduled with Bruce first and Ben is coming by to work with both of them and check Brian’s progress. So we’ll get lunch together and get Gus to take a nap first and go to the circus in the afternoon. Cynthia is going to join us to help out with both Brian and Gus, in case I have a problem. 

Today will be the first outing Brian’s been on that’s not to the hospital or rehab center. I’m praying that this goes well and he’ll want to start seeing our friends and family again. I hated lying to everyone this morning and I intend to tell Brian so later tonight. I sure wish his ego was still firmly in place sometimes, but a humbler Brian isn’t really a bad thing.

We’re finishing up lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches and alphabet soup. I can tell Gus is getting full as he keeps playing with his food, spelling his name out and then mine - ’Jus,‘ before eating the noodles. He yawns and pulls me towards his bedroom for his nap. He’s so excited about his surprise - all he knows is that he gets it when he wakes up. 

~~~~

“Pull over, pull over and don’t let him see you. My God! Just look at that house! Shit!”

“Oh wow! His fiancé is totally loaded. How does he meet these guys? I mean, is there a directory for the rich and famous gays of Pittsburgh?”

“Teddy, I think it’s more about his big smile, blond hair and perfectly-shaped bubble butt.”

“No doubt.” 

“Oh My God! Is that the boyfriend?” An old black 1969 Porsche pulls into the drive and is let through the big wrought iron gates. 

“Oh God! That’s the boyfriend all right. That’s Michael’s new boyfriend, Ben.”

“Oh God, Teddy! This is so wrong! How could he? No wonder he didn’t want anyone to meet him.”

“There must be some other explanation for this, don’t you think?”

“And what would that be?”

“I don’t know but he did introduce them… Maybe it wasn’t serious then. But why lead Michael on if things have changed with Justin?”

“This whole thing is making me sick to my stomach, let’s go.”

“Alright.”, Ted jots down the address and pulls the car away from the curb slowly, still looking down the long driveway to the house. He can’t help thinking about how bad this turn of events is going to be, as it took Michael squealing on Justin to finally split up Justin and Brian. Michael had no way of knowing that instead of bringing Brian back to him, it would drive him to another continent. 

Michael’s finally to the point that he’s getting over Brian and his fantasy. It was hard at first when Brian moved away but now that it’s been over a year and a half Michael’s at last seeing himself as a separate person, as opposed to being attached at the hip to Brian. I think he might even feel a little bad about outing Justin to Brian and his affair with the fiddler.

~~~~

Justin’s POV

Brian’s still in with Ben, finishing up with a massage to relax and soothe his muscles after an intense workout. Brian is making great progress, doing better than expected. He may not need to be in physical therapy as long as originally anticipated. I wait to take a nice long shower with Brian when he’s done with his workout. 

Gus is still sleeping, completely out to the world and I wonder if I ever slept that soundly. I strip out of my clothes and strut into the steamy shower, laying on the bench in front of Brian like a showgirl on a piano, complete with my head tossed back. I let my hands wander up and down my body, bending my leg farthest away from him, leaving the other straight on the bench.

Giving him a show, one hand pulls and twists gently on my nipple ring while the other strokes my cock. Each stroke I squeeze a little tighter making my beautiful head rush full of blood, throbbing with need. I love watching Brian watch me, we haven’t spoken since I’ve joined him. He’s just working his own member in the same rhythm as I do mine. God, he’s fucking hot! 

I hear moaning but I’m not sure if it’s him or me sometimes. I get so into being sexually open that I completely lose myself. That’s one thing about Brian’s disability - it has increased my sexual creativity and discovered Brian’s thrill for voyeurism. Today we have to rush and take a shower as I ran out early for my eight o’clock class without one.

When we have time, sometimes I go just outside our French doors in the bedroom and perform for him on the patio. Besides all the comfortable furniture, the grass is super soft and tickles me when I move and grunt. I have to admit that it excites me as well, knowing that he’s jacking off, watching me. 

Our eyes are locked on each other, roaming each other’s bodies and holding one another’s eyes as we get more and more worked up and ready to spout. I arch my back and increase my thrusts, moaning and groaning as I shoot straight up in the air then I watch as it splashes back down all over my groin and thighs.

I look over and see that Brian’s still jerking himself off and hasn’t released yet so I move to him and lower myself to my knees, holding what’s rightfully mine in my mouth as I devour him whole. I can feel him shaking and crying out my name as he pulls a little too hard on my shoulder-length hair. I finish sucking him off as the last waves of pleasure shudder through him. 

I lick my lips, tasting his cum and stand and kiss him then I continue shampooing his hair and soaping his body. I do the same for myself and then roll him closer to the shower heads and rinse us both off as we both run our hands all over each other. If we’re not careful we’ll be on the bed, fucking, in no time. 

~~~~

Gus sits on Brian’s lap, in total awe of the big clown that leans down, handing him three purple balloons that Justin ties to the wheelchair. He just keeps looking at how tall he is and how big his feet are. “Dad, are his feet really that big?” Four and half years old and he’s already a genius, “No, not really, Sonny boy.” 

“That’s good because they might get stepped on a lot.” 

Gus loved all the animals. The tigers and lions were his favorite, although a little frightening and he got to touch an elephant afterwards outside the big tent and he still can’t stop talking about the leathery feel of its skin. He was enthralled with the tightrope walkers and trapeze artists and I have to admit I liked one of them myself. He’s totally hot! 

Brian’s POV

It was the first time that Gus had been to anything on that large a scale in a big crowd and he was totally delighted. Even though it was only a few hours long he and Justin managed to plow through peanuts, caramel corn, hot dogs, cotton candy, nachos, egg rolls and ice cream. I’m pretty sure we’ll need to get them home or to the hospital before they explode or gain fifty pounds overnight. I just hope he’s not up sick all night; I just keep telling myself they’re growing boys.

When we get home Justin calls Lindsay and asks her if Gus can spend the night - she’s always been receptive to our offer to keep Gus before, but tonight she hesitates and I’m confused. Finally she tells Justin that she wants to talk with his fiancé. Now it’s my turn to hesitate. I say, ‘okay, hold on’ finally saying, “Ask her to come for lunch tomorrow.” 

Then I take a deep breath and pull my thoughts together. I know it’s not right to expect her to allow me access to my son and not even know it’s me. I also have become very used to seeing Gus several days a week and want to work out some type of arrangement with the girls; I just hope that they’ll understand why I stayed away.

Lindsay seems slightly put off but accepts the offer and agrees to allow Gus to spend the night again as he seems to love this mystery man. Of course when she learned that they had gone to the circus she was pissed but didn’t say anything. She just felt that that was the sort of thing that he should have experienced with his parents. 

~~~~

The next morning Gus and I are painting at our easels up in my studio on the top floor. I’m painting a scene of the rose garden. I have an excellent view of it from my windows and I can smell the beautiful fragrant flowers whose scents drift into the open windows. God, I love the change of seasons as spring turns to summer.

Gus, on the other hand, has foregone the brush method and moved on to finger painting. This really isn’t a problem as I’ve set him up on an old shower curtain and stripped him of his clothes; he wants to know why I’m not painting in the nude. He likes it a lot. Of course he’s painting himself as much as the sketch pad in front of him. He says it’s freeing and I believe him but I can’t help wondering where he heard that.

Brian and Bruce are out back working in the pool, doing his routine and the playhouse is being built. Actually it comes prefabricated so it should be completed this afternoon. The furniture won’t be here until the first of next week but the mini-fridge will be installed today. I can’t believe Brian had it wired for electricity and it’s totally childproof; he hired a designer to select products that completely protect Gus from potential accidents. No sharp corners with heavily-padded furniture - fit for a king.

 



Gus hasn’t figured out what they’re building out near the pool house just yet. We didn’t think it would be constructed for another week or so, so we haven’t told him about it. In some ways I wish it wasn’t back to back with the circus, I don’t want him spoiled. Ha! That may be a little late.

~~~~

Lindsay felt uncomfortable going back out to the big mansion all by herself so she asked Ted again, as she hadn’t mentioned to anyone what they had discovered, not even Mel. They took a deep breath as they pulled up to the tall gates and waited for them to open, welcoming them into the lion’s den.

They knocked on the door and asked to see Mr. Bruckner. 

“You mean Dr. Bruckner?” Marco asks.

“Yes, that’s right.” Lindsay replies.

“I’m sorry, he’s not here this afternoon, did his office tell you he was here?”

“No, I was invited for lunch and I hope it’s not an inconvenience but I brought a friend of mine, Mr. Ted Schmidt. 

“No, of course not, ma’am, I’ll tell Mr. Taylor that you’re here. Please follow me.”

Lindsay and Ted can’t help but be overwhelmed by their surroundings as the rooms are all smartly decorated and appear to be completely childproof. Lindsay can’t help wanting to find reasons to end this relationship between her son and this stranger. 

Marco returns and says, “Ms. Peterson, would you like to see Mr. Taylor’s studio while you wait?”

“Oh, most definitely.” 

“The studio is on the upper floor and you can take the grand stairway here or the elevator just down the hall. Mr. Schmidt, if you would please follow me, I’ll show you to the office where he’s waiting to speak with you.”

Lindsay is halfway up the first flight of stairs and couldn’t quite make out the last part of what Marco said to Ted. Who’s waiting? She makes her way up all the stairs and hears splashing coming from the bathroom as her son his being sprayed down with the showerhead and a rainbow of colors run off him.

He laughs and jokes with Justin, playing hide-and-seek behind the curtain. Once all the paint is gone Justin starts to run a bubble bath for Gus and pulls out a bag of tub toys of boats, sea-monsters and pirates. He seems obsessed with pirates this year but at four and half that’s probably normal. But he’s not allowed to have a sword so he uses a wooden spoon when no-one is looking.

Justin’s POV

I look up and see Lindsay watching us and wonder how long she’s been there. When I’m with Gus I lose all track of time - we just live in our own little world. God, I can’t wait until Brian and I have our own children. Cynthia agreed to be our surrogate and is starting to get tested to make sure there aren’t any problems; we would never want her to put her health at risk.

Since it usually takes awhile to conceive Brian thinks we should start trying right away. He would really like our baby to be born shortly after we’re married and I graduate. I like that time frame myself because were going to need a focus so we don’t kill one another if I’m working in my studio full-time and he’s running an ad agency on the second floor.

~~~~

“Theodore, please have a seat.”

“Bri, what the hell are you doing here?”

Brian sticks his tongue in his cheek and looks at Teddy and says, “I believe that’s my line.”

“Oh, yeah… Lindsay wanted someone to come with her. She…..we thought that Justin was… Well, that’s not important. Tell me how you’ve been. When did you get back and who the hell’s house is this?”

“It’s my house. I’ll have Justin give you and Lindsay a tour after lunch. As for Ben, we can call him before my workout if you still need to speak with him.”

“Oh, Brian…”

“Why would you think Justin was cheating with Ben?”

“Ah… I don’t know.”

Brian raises his eyebrows and asks, “So how much of a problem is all this creating for Michael and Ben?”

“None, none. We didn’t say anything to anyone… we just…we followed Justin yesterday and then we saw Ben arrive and assumed…”

“So you think Justin could marry another man?”

“What? No, no, we were just trying to be supportive. You know he was so depressed for so long when you were gone. So you must have been back now for a few months as Boy Wonder has had that starry-eyed schoolboy look since he quit the diner.”

“I didn’t get back…” Brian looks down; it’s hard for him to admit his flaws. “Listen, Teddy, I’m going to tell you something and I don’t want Lindsay to know right now, I think….I don’t know. Please close the door. Actually, there’s several things I want to talk to you about. First, I never left, and I bought this house using the money Gardner Vance bought me out of my partnership with. 

“I also have a substantial settlement coming in from an accident I had the night of the Rage party.” Brian looks down at his hands that are shaking and his voice trembles a little. He finally says, “I broke my rule and went after him. I wasn’t paying any attention to anything except him and that fucking fiddler. I ran right into the traffic and was struck by a delivery truck.”

“Oh My God, Brian! I’m so sorry, I mean… I care about you… Not pity. Don’t you dare think I pity you.”

“I knew I could count on you… So I heard you lost your job.”

“Oh, you heard about that.”

“I watch the news, Teddy.”

“I’m working now as a bartender and waiter.”

“You mean a singing bartender and waiter.”

“Well… Yeah but it’s work.”

“Ted, come work for me. I’ve decided to start my own business. I have plenty of space to start out with here and if it really takes off then I’ll buy a building and move. Cynthia has been in contact with several of my old accounts and I’ve actually had people call Cynthia looking for me since I’ve left the firm. But I’ll need help and most of them don’t know about my disabilities and will be shocked to see me in a wheelchair.” 

“That why just like with you, I’ll meet them first sitting at my desk and in the later meeting during development I’ll let them see who I…” His voice cracks and he takes a deep breath. “who I am today because I know I can still do this. I’m good at what I do and I miss it, damn it.”

Brian gets so frustrated sometimes but he struggles with his emotions. He knows he needs to let them out but he’s spent his whole life hiding them and here he is, practically crying in front of Ted. He feels like a total lesbian. Bruce comes in and asks if he’s ready to go to lunch. Then he lifts Brian and transfers him into his chair and pushes him into the sunroom where a beautiful lunch has been set up. Then he places Brian at the head of the table as if there is nothing unusual and Brian has no disabilities. 

Ted can’t help drooling over Bruce. He’s totally built but Brian tells him he’s straight, otherwise he’s pretty sure Justin would have had him replaced by now. They’re both laughing when Gus comes running into the room, sparkling clean, ready for lunch then his nap. He jumps into Brian’s lap, telling him about all the paintings he’s created this morning and who’s going to get each one. 

Lindsay stops and just stands in the doorway, staring at Brian. She is totally speechless with shock for a few moments. 

“Brian, what are you doing here?”

“How do you like my new house, Linds?”

She presses her hand to her chest, taking a deep breath, “This is your house?”

Brian just grins and says, ‘Well no, actually it’s Justin’s and mine.’ Justin looks at him questionably.

“I had everything put in your name when I bought it.” He just looks into Justin’s eyes, showing all his love. “I also increased my life insurance policy as well. Nothing like a brush with death to make you realize that you need to protect those you love.”

Gus starts squirming so Justin puts him in his booster chair and serves him fish sticks and fries with chocolate milk. The rest of them dine on char-grilled salmon, Caesar salad and braised vegetables and for dessert they have strawberry shortcake with fresh whipped cream. Both Gus and Justin are in heaven after lunch. They drift off to take a nap together as they usually do when Gus is here. 

Marco serves another round of beers and Ted congratulates Brian on his engagement to Justin. He tells him how much he admires Justin’s ring. They make small talk for a few minutes and then finally Lindsay insists on knowing why Brian abandoned his friends and family; she’s hurt and confused. 

“Lindsay, I never meant to abandon anyone. I wasn’t in a place to make reasonable decisions. I thought that it was best to not be a bother to anyone; I had a lot of issues and I still do. I’m not really ready to come to back in to the fold just yet and when I do it will never be the way it used to be.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Your life in Paris is so great you don’t want anything to do with us anymore?” 

“NO! Oh course not and there is no Paris… Oh Lindsay, I didn’t want to tell you but… I’m… I’m paralyzed; I don’t have use of my legs. I was hit by a truck and I didn’t want… I didn’t want him to want me out of guilt and I knew if everyone knew…”

“But my little stalker found me, sought me out and asked me to marry him so it’s the least I can do, since I’ve been completely insane without him.”

“I’ve changed a lot, Linds. I’m not the same man I used to be; I can’t even imagine what he found so attractive about “me” anymore but my looks…”

Lindsay throws a pillow at him. “I know you two really love each other and I’m so glad he tracked you down. I’m, I’m so sorry about your accident but you know that’s what families are for, so I’m going to wait to be mad at you and just be whatever you need me to be right now.”

“I’m doing Dr. Bruckner’s research study and hopefully it will help me regain some of my motor skills in my legs; walking is still questionable at best. I try not to let it get me down and that blond brat seems oblivious to my steel horse I’m usually riding. He’s really the best, but I can’t help thinking it’s wrong of me to tie him down in a marriage with a total gimp. But of course I think I’d die if he left me again.”

“Brian!”

“What! I can say it… I’m the gimp…” 

“Please don’t talk that way…”

“I won’t, but I don’t want to come back to the Pitts until I can walk.”

“I thought that you just said that…”

“Yeah, it’s a conundrum.” 

TBC…