- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Justin finds out about Brian's internet activities.

Justin was sitting with Daphne in the small living room in their shared apartment. They were listening to music, eating pizza and exchanging the recent gossips. Daphne was very excited because last night she went on a date with some hot guy. The date went so well that she didn't come home for the night. She seemed to be delighted and waiting for him call her or calling him herself.

“So who is he?”, asked Justin. “What does he look like?”

“He`s hot! His name is Marcus. Tall, fit, dark hair, brown eyes. Smart, and great in bed too.”

“I guess we share the type. Where did you meet him?”

“I will tell you only if you promise you won't laugh at me.”

“Come on, Daph. Brian picked me up from under a streetlamp. Not really a sophisticated place either, whatever yours is.”

“You see, I made an account on this dating website OkCupid.” Justin almost started to laugh, but stopped, remembering that not everyone has so much luck to be able to find the love of one's life and the greatest fuck at the same time, and all that on one's first night out ever. Actually during the first 15 minutes of the first night out ever.

“Well, if it works, who cares if you pick up someone in a bar or online. Show me some pics of the guy!”

“Sure!”

Daphne took her laptop from the floor, turned it on and logged in.

“That's him.”

“He's allright.” Justin wasn't all that much enthusiastic, but what for? There was no point in drooling over some straight guy dating his best friend – it is her who was supposed to be enthusiastic, and she was. Besides, Justin has never felt particularly attracted to straight guys.

“I guess Brian set high standards”, Daphne teased Justin. “Who can be hotter after you have had him? And remember I saw him once in his full glory.”

Justin laughed. He remembered. The significant day which started by showing Daphne around the loft and ended with sitting alone in the hotel room in New York. But the next day... They had sex many times before then, but that time in the hotel was particularly hot. Maybe it was the “I will punish you” mode that Brian went into? And he was punishing Justin with his every deep thrust, making the boy never wanting to be good again and always deserving such a treatment. Justin was getting hard just from thinking about it. He needed to call Brian and see if the older man was available tonight. Daphne interrupted his daydreaming.

“Earth to Justin, hello! I asked you if you think that Brian might have an account on this site too.”

“Are you serious, Daph? It's a dating site! Brian doesn't do dates, even with me, not to mention some strangers from the net. He told me he had been on a real date once and he fucked – but not his date, but the waiter!”

“That's so him. But you see, it's also for people looking just for sex, not relationships and stuff.”

“'Just for sex' sounds just like him. Maybe he really is there, like on the hundred other sex sites and chat rooms”.

“Come on, we can try to find him here. Aren't you curious what he would write about himself? Or maybe he posted some hot pictures you haven't seen.”

Daphne giggled. She now seemed to be more excited about finding Brian on the website that about the guy she dated herself. But she has always been a great fan of Brian and Justin as a couple or whatever they were. Their life was sometimes like a TV show, full of drama and unexpected difficult situations, but also full of love and happiness. And she was like a big fan girl, cheering for her best friend.

“Well, let's see...” Justin took the laptop and started browsing.

The task turned out to be not that much difficult. Sure there were many gay men on the website, but when Justin narrowed down the search to gay men only from Pittsburgh and added Brian's age, he started seeing some vaguely familiar faces – probably he has seen some of those guys here and there on the Liberty Avenue. He had no idea what kind of nickname would Brian choose, so he focused on the photos.

“Here he is. Brian Fucking Kinney. I guess I should call myself The King of Babylon after all.”

Daphne went to the kitchen to pour them some juice, so she wasn't sitting with Jutin anymore.

“And, what is there?”, she asked.

“He writes he is 'strictly nonmonogamous', no surprise, but also that he is in an 'open relationship'. Wow, this is big. You know how much he hates the concept. He could have written he is single.”

“But he didn't. Maybe he is just proud of being with you.”

Justin started reading the descriptions alound and at the moments both of them couldn't stop laughing.

“I didn't know he is that good in auto-description. It almost sounds as if he was sitting right here and making a presentation”, Justin pointed.

Then he read some more, and the further he went, the bigger grin could be seen on his face. There was also a hint of remorse when he came to the remark about the violin music and leaving Brian for Ethan.

“I guess I traumatised him for life with the violin.”

“I guess you did.”

Justin felt a bit as if he was invading Brian's personale space, but on the other hand, he knew most or all things that were written there. And he found something else there – once again a proof that he was special for his older lover.

“Can you believe it? It is such a short text and he refers to me how many times? Six? He seems to be more open on the website than when he is with me, but whatever. At least I know what he is really thinking and once again that he cares about me.”

“Aren't you angry? I mean, the guy if practically offering your ass for anyone who would like to join the two of you.”

“He is not offering my ass. 'No topping him or me', you see? We never made this rule, but I don't let guys fuck me anyway. It's kind of sweet what does this thing written here implies, you know? He is fucking possesive!”, said Justin with a big grin.

“Yeah, it is obvious from here how important you are for him. But do you really have no problem with all this tricking? I mean, it was one of the reasons why you left him for Ethan, and you haven't been back together for a long time. What will happen when it will all calm down a bit after some time? Won't it be the same, you being frustrated, him unable to change?”

“I don't want him to change. I mean, I know he probably will in a couple of years, but I don't want to push him. It's his life and his process of figuring out what are his needs. And I have basically two choices: be with him and accept the whole package or not be with him at all. You know how the latter turned out last time. And you need to know one thing about him. In some sense Brian really has a low self-esteem, although he would laugh in my face if he heard me saying that. When he was young no one, except maybe Debbie and Vic, appreciated him. So now he feels he needs to reasure himself not only for himself, but also for everyone else. And he talked himself into this whole bullshit about not believing in love, so he cannot do this by showing people that he cares about them. Instead he proves his worth by having sex with anyone at hand and upholding this whole tough image of an alpha male. Not many people can see through his bullshit, so it kind of works for him. So I really feel beyond being threatened by his tricks. They are just means to an end, I'm his partner. And I'm not going to fuck it up this time. Sure I wish sometimes there were only the two of us, but maybe it will eventually happen. And if not, it is fine too.”

They sat in silence for a few moments. Then Daphne spoke up:

“Wow, I think it is the most profound Brian talk from you since you told me that you had seen the face of God. I'm so happy for you.”

“I'm happy too, you have no idea. Now I only need to make him wear this maroon shirt more often, he is fucking hot in it”, said Justin with a mischievous smile.

The End.
Astrid is the author of 3 other stories.