- Text Size +

 

 



"I finally thought of one good reason to do it."

"And what is that one good reason?"

"To prove to the person that I love how much I love him. That I would give him anything,
I would...do anything...I'd
be anything...to make him happy."

"You're fucking unbelievable. I..."

"It's true. I am."

"You...you bought this? You bought this palace?!"

"It's for my Prince."

"Oh!"

 

Brian stood quietly to the side and waited for understanding to sink in for Justin. The boy was bright. He knew it wouldn't take him long and he watched closely as the puzzlement on Justin's face turned to astonishment, then to a knowing, gentle smile.

 

"You knew all along?"

 

"No."

 

"But you've known for a while?"

 

"Yes."

 

"How long?"

 

"Several weeks, maybe. A couple of months."

 

"A couple of mo..." Justin was fairly speechless. Brian had known. For months? "So, you knew before Babylon?" Brian nodded once. "You weren't heading to Australia at all, were you?" Brian shook his head once. "I should seriously think about killing you right now."

 

"That probably wouldn't be a prudent move, my Prince," Brian chuckled and gave a low, sweeping bow.

 

"Prince, my ass, you asshole."

 

"Closest thing to it our people have, Justin."

 

Justin collapsed back against the open French door and huffed out a confused sigh. He looked up and saw the lone light twinkling in the night sky. "That it," he asked? "That one there?"

 

"No. Can't see it from here, but if you listen carefully, you can hear it." Justin wrinkled his brow and looked at this new stranger beside him, the somehow romantically charged words sounded odd from Brian's lips. "Are you listening?"

 

"What exactly am I supposed to hear, Brian?"

 

"Jesus, Justin...you're an artist! Close your eyes, open that creative mind and listen!"

 

Justin chuffed out a breath, watching it crystalize as it hit the cold air and then dissipate into the dark of night. Brian pulled Justin's back to his own chest and whispered. "Listen."

 

As his eyes closed and Brian's arms settled around his body, he could hear the night sounds fall away. The faint rustle of a breeze through the few stubborn leaves hushed. Silence stretched on for minutes.

 

Then a hum. It began softly, faintly, before he felt the rhythmic tone in his head. It was a low roar as if a motor was idling in the distance, but with a three-four beat. Like a waltz.

 

"Like a waltz."

 

"Like home."

::

::

"I wondered if you would ever remember, figure it out."

 

"I wasn't supposed to know until I was supposed to know, apparently."

 

"I was terrified so much of the time, Brian. You kept pushing me away and I had to keep holding on, not allowed to say anything, and then you'd push me away even further." He brushed away a stray hair from the man pressing against him, skin to skin. The way it was always meant to be. "I knew part of the secret and I knew that only you knew the rest. But -"

 

"- I didn't remember."

 

"God! I even pulled poor Ethan in, thinking that would spark... something!" Justin was highly embarrassed by that particular failed move. "The thrum or the connection or something."

 

"Oh, it sparked something, alright. Just not what it should have, I suspect." Brian was, himself, embarrassed by his reaction to the Ethan fiasco. "I felt it the night we met, the hum between us, but I'd had nearly 30 years to be immersed in this culture. And not so kindly so, I'm afraid. I fought it, fought you, fought remembering..." He rolled to the side, giving them both some distance for this part. "It was there - the night of the prom. In the dance, the waltz, the look in your eyes... and then that fucking baseball bat and I threw up the walls again. I can never forgive myself for that, Justin. For allowing myself to forget...again."

 

"The only important thing is that we know now, Brian. That's it. The rest was...um...just fucking stupid." He pushed Brian over when he felt the slap on his ass, crawled on top of the man and stole the joint they'd lit earlier. "What was that for?"

 

"It was there, just begging to be slapped. What can I say, my Prince? Your ass is beyond temptation." By this time they had both fallen into unseemly fits of giggles. "Such a princely ass, a noble keister, a stately bottom."  

 

"Will you shut the fuck up with the royal shit? We are not royals here, my lord liege. Your dick, however, should have its own throne."

 

"It does. The princely ass, the sovereign buttocks. See how that works?"

 

"Pffttt..."

 

"We are envoys, Justin. The only of our kind on this entire planet. We look, act, smell, and react exactly like they do, but we are definitely different. If nothing else, we hum."

 

"Oh, yeah. I like the way you...hum," Justin responded as he wiggled his royal ass against Brian's knightly dick. "But, humming aside, you never told me what made you finally remember."

 

"Mikey and his comics, inadvertently. The fight we had. I went to his store to try and smooth things over, and he was cataloguing comics. As many of them as I've seen over the years, you think it would have happened sooner, but time, circumstances, need... who knows what the impetus was this time."

 

"Michael never knew just how close he was to the truth with our Rage comic, did he? It was just a little more Kal-El and a little less Peter Parker, with a bit of Men in Black flashy thing thrown in for good measure."

 

"And without any of the super-human perks. Dammit."

 

"Oh, god! If he ever gets a clue, shoot me. Please, shoot me. You're already his personal superhero. The world will never be ready for him finding out you really are an alien."

 

"I guess we'll just have to keep that between ourselves for now. Eventually we'll have to let Gus in on the secret, obviously, but we've got a few years for that. For now, we must go forth and...," Brian grinned as he finished, "...and populate."

 

"Oh, hell no! I'm not shooting a baby out of my ass!"

 

"Oh, well... I guess it'll just have to be me, then, my Prince."

 

"You mean that?"

 

"I've never meant anything more."

 

"Ok."

 

"Ok?"

 

"I'll do it."

 

"Say it."

 

"Yes."

 

"Yes, what?"

 

"Yes, I'll fuck you."

 

"What?"

 

"Don't tell me you're already having second thoughts."

 

"Not a one. But you do have to marry me first."

 

"Of course, my King. But you get to tell Michael." 

 

 

 

The End.
NoChaser is the author of 44 other stories.