- Text Size +

 

 

The phone ringing woke me up. My whole body hurt; I wish I couldn’t remember the night before. I made such a fool of myself, there was no way I could go to work and look Mr. Kinney in the face. That was going to be torture.

“Get up and turn off your alarm. It’s not as bad as you think,” Daphne yelled through the door.

“It’s worse than I think. If he doesn’t fire me on the spot it’ll be a miracle. Everyone will be talking about me.”

Daphne didn’t bother to knock; she walked in and threw my car keys at me. “You’re responsible for half the rent and utilities. This job is a dream, you’re an errand boy for more money than both of us made last year. So, you sexted your boss, worse things could have happen.”

“You don’t know, you have no idea of the things I wrote.”

Daphne sat down on my bed and held out her hand. “Give me your phone.” After I handed her my phone I buried my face back into my pillow. I couldn’t watch her read what I wrote.

“Jesus, Justin, can you really bend that way?”

“No. I don’t even think it’s possible. What was I thinking?”

“You weren’t thinking last night, vodka did all the thinking.”

Last night had been a bad one. I went to Babylon like I had since I got dumped last week. But last night I saw Ethan and Collier at Babylon, making out on the dance floor. Mr. I’m Too Mature For Places Like That. I also knew something was up with Collier even though Ethan called me paranoid.

“I really messed everything up, didn’t I?”

“Royally. Let’s go over what happened last night. First, you started drinking when you saw Ethan. Then you started throwing olives at them. When the bartender told you to stop, you left the club went to that diner, asked for a cup of mayo, and left. Went back to the club, gave the bouncer a handjob so you didn’t have to pay the entrance fee again. Then went all Carrie on them and threw the mayo at their bodies. You’ve never been athletic, and it all ended up in their faces. You yelled MONEY SHOT, then went the bouncer was making you leave and banning you for life. All that in front of your boss. I had to come pick your drunk ass up and take you back to the all-night diner to get some food and coffee in you. While waiting for the food, your boss came in and sat with his friends. The you started the sexting. Your boss got up and left the diner around “I want to fall asleep with your cock in my mouth.” That was last night in a nutshell.”

“Kill me now, there is no way I’m going to work today or…ever.”

“Buckle up, Sunshine, this is a new day, and you have to live with your actions.”

I sighed, I hated it, but she was right. This was on me; it wasn’t even that I was jealous that Ethan was now fucking his best friend. No, they were probably fucking for a while. It was just the hypocrisy of it all. “I guess it could be worse, I could’ve stripped,” I said with a chuckle.

“That was just for me when we got home, and you offered to suck my cock.” She was smiling widely at me, and I knew she would never forget this. She’ll tell this story on her deathbed. It wouldn’t start out as a deathbed, but once I put a pillow over her face she’ll have no other option.

 

By the time I got to work I was feeling almost normal. The embarrassment from last night was dimming. I wasn’t the first to ask their boss if they knew what sounding was…probably. If I didn’t die of embarrassment first, people would forget. Brian doesn’t seem like the kind of man that gossips with employees so maybe no one know.

Walking through the door I knew I was right. No one even batted an eyelash. Passing Cynthia’s office, she called me inside. Going inside I saw her pensive face.

“Please sit down, Mr. Taylor.”

Yesterday I had been Justin and we went to lunch together. Now I was Mr. Taylor. I’d been fired enough times to see where this was going.

“Don’t give me the whole spiel, just say it.”

“If you want. You’re fired. Do you want to know why?”

I opened the door back up and stepped outside. “No, I know.” Leaving her office, I went to Brian’s office. If he wanted to fire me he would have to do it himself.

Instead of knocking on the door I went in without getting permission.

“YOU FIRED ME?”

Brian looked up from desk, he was on the phone and writing something down. The older man glared, and I shrank on the spot.

“I’ll have to call you back Sheryl,” Brian told the person on the other end of the call.

“That was my head accountant. What was so important to disrupt me? Someone people have to work…unlike you.”

This bitch, he dares to say that shit to me after firing me. “You didn’t have to fire me. I’m not the first person to get drunk and do something they regret.”

“I did have to fire you. You didn’t just send me those texts. You sent it to all the numbers you had. That’s a work phone and all the numbers were already on it when you got it. I’ve been putting out fires all night. Four of my best clients wanted to know if I was fucking my PA, if that was what kind of agency I ran. HR wanted to write up a sexual harassment report. Firing you was just the best and easiest for both of us. Now please get out of my office. Your last check will be sent to you in the mail.”

What could I say to that? He was in the right to fire me. The things I said in those texts would make a sailor blush. “I get it, I hope there isn’t any lasting damage.” Brian ignored that and didn’t look back up at me.

 

“You’re hired.”

“Really?” It couldn’t be this easy. I bet having sex on screen would get boring. But as I looked around, the more I wanted to give this the old college try. “I didn’t know cocks really came in that size,” I said more to myself.

“Really, really. I’ve been looking for a fresh face with great skin. You’re sure Brian is fine with this?”

“What does it matter? He fired me.”

I knew he was friends with Brian, but it shouldn’t have anything to do with hiring me. There wasn’t a lot of opportunity to make enough money to pay Brian off that wouldn’t take more than a year.

“Shit. I don’t think I can hire you.”

What the hell? “I’ll blow you.”

“I’m dating someone.”

“And?”

“Christ, you really are perfect for Brian.”

That caused me to pause. What did he mean by that? “What do you mean?”

Ted sighed as he sat down at his computer. Sounds of sex and moans were pretty loud. I could hear them being given directions on what to do.

“The reason Brian fired you may not have exactly what you think. If he wanted to he could smooth over the text with his clients and HR. But he figured you were getting too clingy after a week. If he fucked you, you would try to make something out of it.”

What?

“He does have an ego doesn’t he? Thinks he’s god gift to gay community. I would rather gargle glass than have any part of him near me.” So, Brian thought I would become obsessed with him. After I got hired, Brian seemed annoyed anytime I talked about my new sex life. Brian was jealous, he had to be. Well, he hadn’t seen anything yet. “Give me the job. You already said I was hired. Trust me I won’t leave you disappointed, I’m very bendy.”

Ted’s face got a little red and I knew I had him. Brian was going to burst a blood vessel. This was perfect. “When do I start?”

“Tomorrow, if I’m still alive.”