- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 

This was written by Simply written. I'm just posting it for her.

~Lorie

 

The house came alive early as usual. Brian heard Jessi waking up and slipped out of bed so Justin could sleep a few minutes longer. He changed her and made a bottle before returning to the bedroom and getting back in bed next to Justin as he fed their daughter.

Brian thought about the past few years. Justin's bashing and being told he had died was a two year journey of finding where his father had hidden him. Now, two children had been added to the family to join his, no, their son. Having three children was keeping them hopping and as much as he wasn't excited about adding Jessi to the family... he looked down at her having her breakfast... he couldn't imagine not having her in their lives. As the kids grew, it would be great having them close together.  

Justin reached for him, still half asleep. He rolled over and smiled when he saw Jessi was with them. He kissed his daughter and then kissed Brian, wrapping an arm around his neck, lengthening the kiss.

"That is going to have to wait until," Brian thought for a moment, "sometime. After lunch Dad, Blake, Ted, and I are going to meet. We are going to go over some details about Legacy Center. Final construction should be complete in the next week and hopefully before the first of February we should be able to open it. Of course you can come, too."

"I don't know if I have ever seen you so excited about a new project. Maybe one or two of your big accounts at Kinnetik, but this is different." Justin took Jess from Brian and made her giggle.  There was someone out in the hall. "That's either Linds or Connor. Speaking of Lindsay, what are we going to do about this?"

"It's New Year's Day. She isn't going to be able to contact a lawyer today and I doubt she would think she needs one. She will think she can talk us out of custody. She has no idea we already had papers drawn up that just need to be filed. Don't mention it to her. Maybe she will see the light before we do it legally."

"I agree. She might realize getting a new job, finding a place to live, and a son to take care of alone, is more than she can deal with right now. And then by the time she tries, Gus will speak up." Justin stood and strode across the room naked.

"Fuck! I'm going to see if Connor is around. Get the water to temperature. I'll be right there."

Connor, their manny, was across the hall with Aaron. He had changed him and picked him up to take him downstairs. He gladly took Jessi from Brian and moved downstairs with both children. Brian rushed back to his room and undressed as he headed to the bathroom.

Justin had his back to the entry to the shower stall when Brian entered and wrapped his arms around him from behind, letting his hands travel below Justin's waist and gently cup his balls with one hand and stroked his cock with the other. "You know, having three children has really cut back on our sex life. Of course, half the time we are too tired for it anyway."

"And we wouldn't change anything, would we?" Justin rested his back against Brian's chest. He moved his ass against Brian's now growing cock.

"I love you, Mr. Taylor." Brian positioned Justin against the glass and moved into him.

Justin made the sound he always did when Brian moved into him, and the waves of pleasure rolled over him. "Damn, I love you, too, Brian."

After finishing their shower, they dressed. "Brian, you know Kevin can stay here as long as he wants, but is his house about ready for him to move?"

"I can't remember what day this week, but we are meeting at the house to review what needs to be done. He said it should only take about a week." Brian's tone was flat. 

Justin knew Brian hated that house. He hoped once the changes were made and Kevin moved in, the heaviness would leave it. "Brian, if you don't want to go, I can go with Kevin. We can review everything with the contractor."

Brian walked over to him and put his arms around him. "Thanks, but I just need to say goodbye to the ghosts. It's just a house, a building. It was never a home."

Justin kissed him, "I'd like to come, too. I want to see what changes are going to be made."

"Of course, Sunshine." They kissed once more. "We better go down for breakfast. I am sure Lindsay is dying for attention. She was never good on her own. I hope she finds a new partner soon."

Charly had set up a buffet of breakfast foods and Ronni sat by the table feeding Jessi a little more while Connor fed Aaron. They had just missed Ted and Blake, who went for a walk around Britin. But Gus and Lindsay were still there. "Daddies, did you see my mom's here! Did you know she was coming? You didn't tell me."

"We didn't know, Gus." Justin walked over and kissed the top of Gus' head. 

Lindsay started, "I told them I would be here, Gus, I..."

Brian looked her directly in the eyes. "She hadn't told us what day she would be here. Good thing you have a few days off of school so you can spend time with her."

"And I'm not going anywhere, Gus. I'm your mommy and you are..."

"Lindsay, can I speak to you for a minute?"

"But I'm helping Gus..."

"Gus can feed himself. He is six years old."

"Ya, Mom, I'm not a baby." 

Brian nodded to the hall and Lindsay followed him reluctantly. 

"Brian," she started when they were out of earshot. "I want to spend time with my son."

"And that is fine, but he has only seen you a couple times in the last year."

"He was so excited to see me. You should have been there.  He..."

"I never doubted he loves you, Lindz." Brian tried to take the edge off his voice. "But he is in kindergarten. He loves you but really doesn't know you any more." 

"Brian, it is not my fault I was gone. I was trying to salvage my marriage."

"How long ago did you and Mel separate?" Brian asked, knowing Mel had been living with someone else for at least 3 months.

"Brian, I had obligations.  I..."

"Lindsay, I don't want to argue. I don't want Gus to get hurt as he readjusts."

"Well, by the time I find a place he will be ready to..."

"You really don't want to go there right now." They both looked toward the kitchen, hearing more voices. "I need to go to my guests. We will figure out which room you can stay in until you find a place of your own." Brian moved toward the kitchen without giving her a chance to respond.

 

James and Emmett, along with Blake and Ted, were getting cups of coffee and getting something to eat. James already had Aaron giggling, throwing him in the air.  "Jamesy, I grabbed enough for the two of us."

James handed Aaron to Connor and sat down next to Em, kissing him. Lindsay returned to the kitchen and she and Gus went off together, leaving the rest to talk at the table.

"Hey, where's Dad?" Brian asked.

"He should be here any minute. He said he had an errand to run," Ronni said.

"Where would he go on New Year's Day early in the morning?" Emmett questioned.

Brian and Justin glanced at each other. Justin said, "I can only guess, but he probably went to see Anna." Brian's childhood had been anything but normal or easy, and it wasn't until the year before when he found out the man who raised him was not his father. His real father, Kevin, had been engaged to his mother's twin sister but his mother had gotten Kevin drunk and had sex with him. When he had realized he had been tricked he told Anna, who couldn't take the truth. She went to a mental institute. Kevin entered the priesthood and Brian was raised by parents that truly wanted nothing to do with him. He had been physically and mentally abused for most of his childhood. When he learned the truth, Justin located Kevin and the rest was history.

"Of course," Blake said. "I should have thought about that. I really like Kevin. The man that has a devotion and commitment I have never seen before. I guess it comes with his profession."

"It is going to be great working with him, even with the issues that are coming up."

"Issues?" Brian questioned.

"He hasn't told you?" 

"Blake, what is going on?

"I have gotten a couple letters in the mail. I am sure they are just nothing. They say they don't want trash in their neighborhood and they threatened to make a lot of noise and get us kicked out. They threw around some politician's name."

"Are you worried?" Brian asked Blake.

"He says he isn't, but I admit I'm not thrilled about it." Blake kissed Ted, and then whispered something to him. Ted smiled. "We'll be back down for lunch. We decided we could use a nap."

"I can always use a nap." Em said laughing.

James smiled, ‘I need to check a few things on the property. Em, would you mind taking Mom home and making sure she puts her feet up for a while?"

Emmett kissed James, "I'll start the car so it warms up." He turned to Ronni, "I'll come back in and when the car's warm, we'll walk out together."

"Don't start treating me like an invalid, Emmett. I might be eight months pregnant, but I still could take you over my knee." Ronni scowled at him.

"You're my mother-in-law. I don't play games like that with relatives." He kissed her cheek and walked out the door with James.  

Ronni smiled now that they had left. "I love my boys." She ran her hand over her belly. "And I love this little one. I can't wait until I am her Grand and not her host."

"Either way, that is one lucky little girl. She is so loved already." Justin said. "And I must admit I think it is great that Jessi will have a playmate on the compound. When is Dante going to be back in town?"

"In a couple days. He hated leaving, and if I was less pregnant I would have gone with him, but the doctor said absolutely not."

"Well, you have plenty of people watching out for you here, even if we aren't your husband. Your room is available here if you don't want to stay alone at night."

"Don't worry about her, boys. She is staying at our house until Dante arrives," Emmett said as he walked in. "Your chariot awaits, mi lady." 

 

Soon Brian and Justin were alone in the family room with Jessi asleep in a bassinet nearby. Charly and Connor went to pick up Shadow, so Brian and Justin had ordered a variety of Chinese and Kevin volunteered to pick it up on his way home and would be there in about half an hour.

"Brian, did you honestly not know about the threats Blake mentioned?"

"Early on I had heard a couple things, but I hadn't heard anything since we got the permits. I figured the troublemakers had found someone else to torment."  Brian noticed Justin shiver. "You alright?"

"I just think about my bashing. I don't want that to happen to anyone else." Justin rested against Brian as he held him tightly.

"I'll check into it. Maybe we will hire security.  Carl may know a group of guys that would like to make some extra money. Don't worry. If I think any of this is a real threat... You know James might even be interested. He is going to start working at Kinnetik as soon as I get a security group hired here. Since your dad has backed off, we don't need anyone full time. And I have hired a maintenance crew to do small repairs and snow removal. This summer they will do the landscaping."

"You do know I could take care of some of that stuff for you. We are a couple."

Brian bent his head and kissed him, "Oh, Sunshine, you already do so much. You keep track of three kids and their schedules. I would never think to take Jessi to a six month check up. I wouldn't remember that Gus needs something special for school."

"Just promise you will ask if there is something I can do." Justin pulled Brian's head down to meet his lips as he started reclining, taking Brian with him. As Brian stretched out on top of him he heard the door open. He looked over the back of the sectional, "Oh hey, Dad." Brian kissed Justin and stood up. "How was your visit with Anna?"

"How did you know... it was very nice. She was actually quite lucid today. The medication they have her on now seems to be working better." 

"I need to get there again. I know they have the art program running smoothly and they don't need me but I still enjoy visiting with her."

"Today she asked about Catherine. I wish your mother would go see her." Kevin said soberly.  Anna was the only thing that seemed to lower his positive spirit.

"Dad, you know what Joan's like."

"Yes, and it is probably best if she doesn't go see Anna. Anna may shatter and never return to us."

Justin got up and lifted Jessi out of her bed. He walked over without a word and handed the still sleeping baby into her grandpa's arms. Justin dropped a kiss on Kevin's cheek as he lifted the baby to his shoulder. "Thank you, Justin. How can I stay down when I have this blessing in my arms?"

Brian put his arms around his husband. Softly he said, "You always know what people need."

Justin's hand brushed Brian's fly, "Hang in there, darling. I promise later." Together they put the food out on the counter and texted Ted and Blake that lunch was ready. By the time they came down, along with Lindsay, Gus, and Aaron, Kevin's spirits were back to normal.

It was an enjoyable lunch, and when Ted, Blake, Kevin, and Brian went to talk business, Justin went to put the two little ones down for naps while Lindsay borrowed a car and drove Gus into town to see Michael and Ben, who knew someone who was trying to sublet an apartment.

While Justin was upstairs, Brian organized the meeting, "Blake how threatening were the messages? Did they come in phone messages or letters?"

"Mostly letters, but I have gotten a couple phone messages."

"Not at home, did you?" Brian looked at Ted.

"No, Brian, they have been at the office. I would have called if I felt a threat to my family." Ted pulled him close and kissed him.

By the time Justin had the kids down and he joined the others, they were in full business mode. Everyone was excited about the progress, and after they finished the business, Blake and Ted left. Brian and Justin talked to Kevin about his new house. Joan had moved to a retirement apartment that Brian was paying for. She had ended up living with them after a stroke, and Brian refused to ever have that happen again. If her health declined, she would be able to stay where she was.

"Boys, you know that house is fine the way it is," Kevin smiled at Brian and Justin. "I have never needed anything fancy." 

"It is at least 30 years out of date. It is probably a hazard somewhere." They all heard Aaron on the monitor. "I'll get him."

 

Once Brian was out of the room, Justin put an arm around Kevin, "Dad, if you want Brian to visit, it will need to be changed."

"I thought of that. Do you think he will be able to make peace with me living there? It was his idea in the first place."

"He doesn't realize how hard this will be yet. I think I know him well and I think he is going to have a melt down and then move on."

Kevin hugged Justin. "My son is so fortunate to have you in his life."

"Well, if it wasn't for him, everyone might still think I'm dead or I might really be dead."

"I am so glad my son is as stubborn as he is."

"Papa!" Aaron called out when he saw Kevin. 

Kevin reached out and took his grandson. "Did you have a nice nap?" Aaron nodded.

"Did Daddy change you?" Justin asked.

He shook his head. "Jessi cry."

"Then I better get you changed." Justin started to reach for Aaron.

"I've got this," Kevin responded, walking away.

 

The next couple of days they returned to a normal schedule. Kevin was on the phone with Tom almost daily. Tom Butterfield had been a priest, but when he fell in love with Nathan he started rethinking his life. He had been a bad priest. He often had gone out to find a lover for a night, but as he got older he knew he needed more in his life. Nate had just arrived from Mississippi and was transitioning to a woman and that was when Tom realized it wasn't the sex of a man he needed. He needed someone to love him as he was and that was what Nathan, now Natalia needed too.  

Tom and Natalia moved to Atlanta to take over Kevin's shelter there and Kevin moved to Pittsburgh to start a similar place closer to his family, although it meant leaving his ‘girls', Sally and Brandy, behind. They had both wandered into his life when they were teenagers who had been forced to leave their homes due to their sexuality. They grew to be best friends and then lovers in the safety of Kevin's shelter. They were now expecting another grandchild for him.  

At least he knew they would be family for Tom and Nat now, and Tom and Nat would always be there for them. He also planned to go down at least quarterly so he wouldn't lose touch with any of them.

Kevin was enjoying working with Blake. He was young and he had been through a lot. He was a perfect therapist for a place like this. He understood the lifestyle and he understood the emptiness they felt after leaving home for one reason or another. This center was to help teens and young adults find their path to a fulfilling life with the support they needed to navigate their way through.

Brian had been spending his lunch hours there to keep up on the progress, but on Friday they met at Brian's childhood home. Justin picked up sandwiches for them and met them there at 12:30. The contractor was meeting them at 1:00 so they ate and chatted about what tasks they would complete next week at the Legacy Center. The Center wouldn't be available for people to stay yet because they needed a couple more inspections, but the office would be open and Kevin would be out and about to find the places these kids were spending time at now. 

"Oh, I know I promised you I would let you know about this, but I don't want you to worry."

"Dad?" Brian looked at his father.

"We had another letter. We have turned them all into the police, but if I had to make a prediction, this person is a family member of one of our prospective guests."

"What did the police say?"

"They agreed with me and they are looking in their records for anyone that may have caused trouble in the past. No one jumps out at them so they think whoever it is, they are probably harmless and are just trying to gain support to make them feel better about how they feel."

"Brian, if the police are aware and not worried, I think you can relax a little, and besides, Carl is hiring you a crew." Justin kissed Brian's cheek. They heard a knock.

"I'll get the door. You two just kiss." Kevin walked out of the room.  

When Brian and Justin separated Justin saw one of the hottest men he'd ever seen standing there next to Kevin. "Hey!" he stuttered. 

"Oh hey, Jeff." Brian stood and walked over to the man and shook his hand. "Sunshine, this is Jeff. He is the contractor I told you about." Justin walked over and shook his hand. Before he could say anything, Brian took Jeff to the counter where he spread out some drawings. Justin and Kevin walked over and looked at the plans from the other side. 

After Jeff had reviewed the plans, Brian directed him to the electrical box. When he came back he said, "Is there a smaller box somewhere else? I am thinking there is one upstairs maybe?"

"Oh, ya, I forgot. I'll take you up." 

Justin looked at Kevin, "He doesn't go upstairs."

They heard Jeff and Brian talking and then Jeff came downstairs. "Nice meeting you, guys.  I have to get to another meeting." And he was gone. 

Justin and Kevin heard Brian move around upstairs and then it went silent. Justin and Kevin talked about a couple of the changes that were going to be made but Justin kept looking at the stairs. "Go check on him. He has had time alone. Now he needs you."

"You are better trained..."

"No, no one knows him better than you." Kevin gave Justin a hug. "Go on. I'm going to head back to Legacy. Let me know everything's alright, ok?"

"I will, Dad." Justin turned and moved silently up the steps. Justin had only been up there once before when Gus was little and ran up the stairs. He had quickly retrieved him and hadn't taken time to look around, knowing Joan didn't like anyone out of her sight in her house. But now he slowly worked his way down the hall. He first went to the room he knew had been Brian's, but was surprised he wasn't in there. He opened another door that he knew had to be Claire's old space.

After passing the bathroom, he moved to the opposite end of the hall and slowly pushed the door open and stepped in. Brian stood near the window and stared at the bed which his mother had left. He didn't even hear Justin enter. Justin could tell he was miles, no years, away.

"Brian," Justin spoke quietly as he stepped toward him. "Are you alright, darling?"

Brian moved enough that Justin was sure he knew he wasn't alone. Justin slipped his arms around Brian's abdomen. "Babe, talk to me."

Brian's hands moved up to grasp Justin's, "I've never slept on that bed. Never was I allowed to crawl into bed with my parents if it was storming out or if I had a bad dream. I was about four the first and only time I rushed in here. I have a feeling Jack had just gotten in bed after a night of drinking and I don't remember but I think they were going to screw. He just hollered at Joan to get her bastard out of the room."                                                                      

"Oh, Brian..."

"It just came back to me and finally made sense."

Justin turned Brian around and wrapped his arms around him, "What happened after that?"  Justin knew he needed to get it out.

Brian stepped away from him, "She pushed me back to my room and told me I was never again to step foot into this room. I hadn't been in here in over 25 years."

Justin removed his clothes as Brian stared out the window. "Brian, how much would they hate for you to have sex in their bed?"

Brian turned around when he heard the bed squeak. He found Justin laying naked on the bed. "They would hate it!" He smiled and started undressing. "Jack, I hope you're watching because this is what loving someone is really like!" Brian lay beside Justin and began to kiss him and soon they forgot where they were. Justin flipped him and straddled Brian just wanting to taste more of him. Justin's mouth was everywhere, and then Brian pushed him onto his back, and this time Brian was rough as he moved one of Justin's legs to the side and put the other one over his shoulder. Without any preparation he entered Justin in one hard, fast thrust. Justin cried out but locked eyes with Brian, and as he moved faster and faster Justin hung on until he saw on Brian's face he was going to cum, and so they did as one.

Brian dropped to the side and pulled Justin close. "I didn't hurt you too much did I?"

"Brian, you would never hurt me if you didn't think it would bring me pleasure. You are what love should be for everyone. How you ever learned to give the way you do with parents like them..."

"I love you, Justin. I am so thankful our kids will never have to question if they are loved. They have a whole group of people that will always love them."

"You know, you have your father's heart. You are the perfect example of nature, not nurture."

"I am so much better without them than with them."

"I don't know about you, but I think we just claimed ownership of this place." Justin said as he got up. "I have to get back to the house. If Charly wasn't willing to help out, we would have to hire more help. Connor has to do something so I told him I'd be back by 3:00. With Ronni out of the rotation now, I have to cover more hours."

"Isn't Lindz helping?"

"She will watch Gus, but he doesn't want to hang out with her very long because she is always focused on getting a job, getting her apartment set up. Gus just wants her to pay attention to him, not be ignored."

They walked downstairs together and stood at the door. "I promise to be home early. I am not going back to Kinnetik. I'm going to head to Legacy and check with Carl to see if he has a crew for me. I will be home by 5:00 at the latest."

Justin kissed him, "I love you, Brian Kinney. And you know what? I hope Jack watched everything we just did. He never learned to love like we do."

Brian pulled him close, "I love you, Sunshine. You always know exactly what to say and do."

"Well, anytime you need someone to make love with, I'm ready." 

"How the hell did I get so lucky?" Brian mumbled as he walked to his car.

 

Justin made it home in time for Connor to get to his appointment on time. Charly was in the kitchen while Shadow, her 12 year old daughter, played with Aaron, and Justin had a little snuggle time with his daughter. Jessi loved being with her daddy. She was always a happy child, but when she was with her daddies she was the happiest. 

"Justin, did you know my mom and Connor are boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"I may have heard that." He smiled at her.

"Mom thought I'd be mad, but why would I be mad? I like Connor. He's fun and he is always nice. He takes care of me and Mom. I told her she better not screw this up." 

"Oh, Shadow, you are right. Connor is very nice and so is your mom, but even two nice people sometimes just don't have what a couple needs, but if they do, life can't get better."

"Like you and Brian?"

"I know how lucky I am to have found him."

"I hope that Mom and Connor feel that way, too."

"Charly, I'm afraid the three of you are going to get crowded if Connor ends up moving in there. I will mention it to Brian. At one time we had discussed expanding the pool house. Maybe now is the time to do that."

"Justin, you don't need to do that. Connor and I took a walk the other day and noticed an old barn behind the back line of trees."

"Isn't that a great building? I thought about making that into an art studio but with the kids being young it made more sense for me to be above the garage. We did have it checked out and it is structurally sound."

"We were surprised how sturdy it was. Connor and I both like places with character. We found out both of us have helped remodel places and enjoy it.  Do you think you and Brian would let us work on it? As we can afford it we would like to...."

"I don't think Brian will mind at all and we will provide the supplies. We have an account at one of the home stores. We will add the two of you to the list of those who can sign for supplies. I love this idea. It is just a great building that could be used for so many things." Justin thought to himself, and when they move on, I can use it for my studio.

 

Brian had arrived at Legacy and saw Carl walking toward him. "Hey, Carl, thanks for stopping by."

"Well, since Debbie and I retired, I have been looking for something to do."

"I don't know how you two can say you're retired. You are setting up my security and Debbie is going to run the kitchen here."

"You know Debbie doesn't do well sitting at home. She loves the idea of being here for breakfast and lunch, and then she will have everything available for dinner. And I'd just get myself into trouble staying home all the time.  Once things start running smoothly she should be able to leave by 1:00 most days. And I'm just going to do the scheduling and fill in if one of the guys can't make it."

"Carl, the officers that have been hired, they know what this place is, right? I don't want to find out the officers working here are causing some of the issues."

"Brian, I looked at their records and spoke to their fellow officers. I turned away a few of them because they had something in their backgrounds. Hell, I wouldn't hire me if I looked at my record."

"Carl, you changed.  You expanded your knowledge."

"I admit that. After learning Justin's story and then finally opening my mind, I realized how wrong I had been. Hell, I've been trying to make up for my attitude ever since."

Brian put a hand on Carl's shoulder, "Carl, you are one of the good guys. When are they going to start their shifts?"

"After I saw the letters, I have overnight starting tomorrow. As soon as all permits are passed I will start round the clock."

"Carl, should we be concerned about the threats?"

"You should always take threats seriously, but the letters they have received here seem fairly benign. I have turned the letters over to a friend at the force, so if anything happens here they are already aware of the threat."

"Thanks, Carl. That makes me feel better. You head on home to Debbie. I am just going to stop at Dad's office before heading to Britin."

"Your dad is something special."

"Ya, he is." He waved at his father who had just stepped out of the building. I'm hoping I can talk him into coming home with me. Thanks again, Carl." The two men shook hands and Brian jogged toward his father.

"Brian," Kevin opened his arms and Brian wrapped his arms around his father. "I knew you were in good arms when I left but I was worried about you."                        

"I'm good. I didn't really think I would have that reaction until I got there."

"What was it?" Kevin led Brian into the building where it was warm and they sat down. 

"The bedroom. I wasn't allowed in there. Jack threw me out of there when I was around five and he called me a bastard. I hadn't thought of that for years. He told me at five I wasn't his."

"Oh, son, if I had known any of that, I would have come for you." Kevin's voice cracked.

"I believe you, Dad. And you are right, you left me in the right arms. I am ready for the remodel and can then visit you in your new home."

"Brian, you will always be welcome anywhere in my home."

Brian swallowed hard, "Dad, I love you."

"Brian, I love you with all my heart."

"Are you coming home soon? If you like you could come home with me. The van can stay here and on Monday we can ride in together."

"Give me ten minutes and I'll be ready."

"I am going to look around. Yell when you're ready."    

 

A half hour later, Kevin and Brian walked into the family room, each having a boy rush to them as Jessi squealed from Lindsay's lap. 

"What a welcome!" Kevin lifted Aaron high in the air and then kissed and hugged the toddler.

"Daddy J said you were coming home early. I'm so glad."

"Where is Daddy J?"

"He had to go to his studio for something so Mommy stayed with us."

"And Charly?"

"She is in the laundry room." Gus said as Brian set him down and took Aaron from his dad and then Kevin picked up Gus and gave him a hug and kiss. "Hi Grandpa." Gus said, smiling at Kevin.

Brian set Aaron down with his toys and then walked to Lindz. "Come here, sweetheart. Daddy needs a hug from you, too." Jessi gave him a sloppy kiss. "How'd the apartment hunt go, Lindz?"

"Ready to kick me out, Bri?" Lindsay sounded a little hostile when she said it.       

Brian gave her a look and she smiled a little, "I just know Ben and Michael had a good lead."

"The apartment is actually really nice. It is perfect for Gus and me but I need to make sure I have my job before I sublease the place for a year."

Brian responded, "I'll co-sign it." Brian said bluntly and walked into the kitchen as Charly came out of the laundry. Brian poured himself a drink.

"Is everything okay, Brian?"

Softly he said, "Have you heard Lindsay say anything about Gus moving with her?"

"She said something to Gus but he insisted he lived here."

Brian drained his glass. "Thanks. Dinner?"

Charly glanced at the clock. "You have an hour."

"Dad," Brian looked at Kevin. "Do you mind staying with the kids? I want to go talk to Sunshine."

"Sure, no problem. Lindsay and I can get to know each other a little better."

 

Justin was standing by an easel and canvas. Brian wrapped his arms around him from behind. "You're home." Justin said with his paintbrush still moving.    

"I left the kids with Charly and Dad. Justin..."

Justin started talking at the same time, "Brian, she is trying to take him and I don't care what happens, he is staying here." Justin's face wavered a little. I don't want to cause trouble but she can't stay if she talks like that."

"Sunshine, I told her I would co-sign the lease on her apartment." 

"The papers have been filed with the court, right?"

"Yes, they are in the hands of the judge. I just don't want her to know that yet. I want the lease to be signed and her on the way out and then they will serve her."

"What about Gus? I don't want him hurt. We don't want him hurt."

"So we just need to get Lindz to realize it will hurt him."

 

The evening went peacefully. It was Friday night and Connor had the day off, but he would be up to take care of the kids in the morning, so Brian and Justin stayed up talking to Kevin a little bit late and they got into bed around 11:00. Justin rested his head on Brian's shoulder. "I just remembered, I talked with Charly today and she asked about fixing up the old barn. Connor likes to remodel. I didn't think you'd care."

"I think that is a great idea. Their relationship is out? Shadow knows?"

"Yes, and she is so happy about it. She loves Connor and knows he is a good guy." Justin kissed him. "Speaking of good guys," Justin stretched up against Brian and deepened the kiss.  As Brian rolled over onto Justin there was a knock on the door and Kevin popped his head in.

"Sorry to disturb you but I wanted the two of you to know I have to head to Legacy. There was another threat."

Brian sat up and swung his legs so he could stand up. 

"No, son, just stay here. Nothing happened. The officer saw someone but they ran away. They just want me to make sure that nothing was damaged or taken."

"Are you sure, Dad?" Kevin nodded. "Call me as soon as you know anything."

"I will, Brian."

 

Kevin pulled up in front of Legacy. There was a fire truck and police car parked in front of the building. "No," he said softly under his breath. "Please, Lord, no."