- Text Size +

 

Kevin glanced at the door. He waited for Brian to pound again but it never came. "I don't think anyone will come in. You locked it, right? And you piled stuff in front of the door. I don't expect he will come back. That was just my son, not the police."

"Father, do you really think you can help me, that you want to help me?"

"Oh, Fred, that is why I am here. I will help in any way I can. Please, let me go out there. Let me tell my son I am well and we will call a friend who can take us to the precinct." Kevin reached out and patted his shoulder, "Fred, this needs to end."

"Bryan. My name is Bryan."

"Nice to meet you, Bryan." Kevin picked up the gun that was on the sofa and walked to the door and started moving the blockage at the door.

 

Justin calmed Brian down and within a couple minutes Don was jogging down the hall. "So are they in there?"

"I fucked up, Don. I lost it and knocked on the door so if they are in there, he has been warned we are onto him."

Justin jumped in, "We backed off immediately and I am sure he figured we moved on."

Don looked back and forth between them before saying, "Do we know anything about this room?"

"Only that it is a condemned section which is why it wasn't on the floor plans. They were going to tear that section down but put it off until later." Brian said and added, "I'm sorry, Don. I know I fucked up."

"We don't even know there is anyone in there," Don commented. He started walking toward the door and as he did all three of them heard something on the other side. "Who's there?"

"Don, is that you?"

"Kevin? Are you alright?"

"I'm okay. I'm here with my friend, Bryan. I want to talk to you and then I'll bring Bryan out." By the time Kevin said this, he had the door open. Before Kevin said anything to Don, he walked over and hugged his son.  

Brian held onto him tightly. "Dad, are you alright? I was so worried. I love you." All of this rolled out at once. 

Justin hugged Kevin, too. "What can we do for you, Kevin?"

"Could you maybe get a couple sandwiches from the kitchen? I think Bryan and I could both use something to eat." He leaned and whispered to Justin, "I need to talk to Don without Brian around."

"Come on, Bri. Let's go get some food for your dad. You will get to talk to him after Don has." Justin guided Brian down the hall and Kevin took Don in to meet Bryan.

 

When Brian and Justin started walking back with the food, Kevin met them halfway. "Let's just go to my office. I'm hungry and I can tell you all about it while I eat."

"Where is the guy?" Brian looked around.

"Don called a car to take him in."

"He belongs behind bars!" Brian said as they walked into the room and Kevin dropped down behind his desk.

"Brian, I am hoping he doesn't need to spend time in jail. He needs help, not punishment."

"Dad, that fuck kidnapped you! He held you captive for 24 hours. And all you can say is he needs help!" Justin put his hand on Brian's thigh and squeezed gently.

"Let's listen. I'm sure Kevin has a good reason to say that."

Twenty minutes later Kevin's plate of food was gone and Brian and Justin had heard the whole story. "Kevin, I can understand why you want to help him but I am not sure he should get off."

"I just want to make sure he gets the help he needs. I need to make a call to my lawyer. He can start checking into what the charges will be and how we can help."

"Dad, you're coming home with us. You did get hit in the head at least once and, well, I need to know you are safe and at Britin I can control that."

Kevin started to argue but he saw the look on his son's face and, standing, he said, "I'll either have to stop by my place or borrow some clothes."

Brian walked over, helping Kevin with his coat, "You can have anything you want in my closet."

 

While Brian drove, both Justin and Kevin texted and made some calls letting everyone know he was safe.

"I miss Gus like crazy, but I am kind of glad he wasn't around this weekend. Aaron and Jessi don't understand all this but Gus would pick up that something was wrong immediately," Justin's voice gave away how tired he was.

"I think we all could use a nap when we get back to the estate," Brian said, glancing into the mirror to see Justin resting his head against the window. 

 

When they arrived, Henry did a quick once over on Kevin and then, along with Brian and Justin, all three men went upstairs for naps. They planned to wake up about the time the kids did so they could spend the rest of the afternoon with them and then have a quiet night at home. Aaron and Jessi loved having Kevin at the house.

Brian and Justin dropped into bed before 10:00 p.m. Neither of them had slept much the night before and now they were both drained. Brian laid his head on Justin's chest and let his fingers slide sometimes under, sometimes over the waistband of his briefs. From time to time his fingers ran along the top of his pubic hair. "Sunshine," Brian said softly as he kissed Justin's warm skin, "do you think the guy should be able to just go free?"

"I'm not sure that is what Kevin wants. I think he knows that the guy has some mental health issues and he doesn't want him to be thrown in a cell with no help." Justin's hand was stroking Brian's hair.

"Isn't he the same as Hobbs, really?"

Justin bent his head and kissed the top of Brian's, "I can't doubt your dad's reasoning. He was there. I wasn't." As Justin spoke Brian's hand slid into his briefs and Brian began to slowly stroke Justin's cock. He moved so his head was level with Justin's and their lips were drawn together like attracting magnets. Justin's hand went into Brian's briefs and as they kissed and stroked each other until they both climaxed.

As they were both drifting off, Brian, with a sleep filled voice said, "Kevin will deal with it, and we'll be there for him. Thanks, Sunshine. You always know what to say."

 

Kevin had gone back to Legacy on Monday. Blake had already calmed their clients down and when Father Kevin arrived he called a gathering of all of them to explain. "I am sure this has been frightening for all of you but I just want to assure you that the young man that did this is more like you than you can know. He had a childhood like many of you and he thought if he did what he did, his family would accept him for who he was. The problem is, he isn't who they want him to be and you all know that who you are is not something you can choose. Bryan Fredrick, although he will have to pay in some way for what he did, will get the counseling and the acceptance he has needed all his life."

Someone called out, "He won't come here, will he?"

"I think coming here, with his guilt, would be a bad choice for his healing but there are other places, just as good, that I will help him get in."

Another voice from the group said, "Not as good as here."

This had Kevin smiling, "I do appreciate that. We hope all of you feel that way but, of course, there are many good places. Bryan will get the same attention each of you have, to become the person he truly is." Kevin then sent everyone back to the normal schedule. He wanted to get everyone back to normality so the events of the past would now be forgotten.

The next few weeks at Britin also got into a normal routine. Justin felt stronger every day and Henry had settled into his new position. The kids loved him so it was much easier for Connor to work with James more. Brian and Justin had also talked to J.Jay and Henry about coming along with them to Atlanta. They rented the same place they had stayed the summer before. They planned to go down as soon as Gus was finished with school. Sally and Brandy were looking for a cook and a housekeeper for them. Brian would work from the house while they were there and Justin would be working out of a gallery with J.Jay.  

Kevin would spend the time in Atlanta working with Tom at the center he had started there so many years ago. While they were there they would be having a grand reopening of the center.  While Tom was in charge there had been heavy remodeling and it would now be renamed Legacy South. Tom's wife Natalia, although her main career was as a pastry chef, also helped Tom from time to time. Being trans gave her an insight that most people didn't have.

And everyone was excited to see Sally and Brandy and the latest addition to their family. No one had met Kelin Cae, yet, in person, but they were all very excited. Everyone was anxious to have the whole family together for a short while anyway. 

Brian had talked to Lindsay and found she was taking a work trip to Europe over the summer so Gus would be with them the first two months and when she returned she would stop over in Atlanta to collect Gus for the remainder of the summer. 

 

As April moved into May, Brian was spending long days away from Britin. Justin knew he was getting everything ready at the office for his departure for the summer, which meant hours in his office with Ted and the other department heads. Of course he will still be working, but there were things that just required his personal touch.  

On a Friday, two weeks before they were to leave, Justin got a text from Ted, ‘Can you talk?'  Justin was working with J.Jay and said, "Why don't you take a little break and see what time lunch will be ready. In J.Jay's way he nodded and left the studio and Justin immediately called Ted. "Ted, is something wrong?"

"Justin, I have never seen him so upset. One of our biggest clients told him he was not signing his new contract and along with one of our most experienced employees, left. At first he was furious but now, I think he is hurt. I just have never seen him like this. He is tired from all the extra hours he has put in and... I just needed to let you know."

"Thanks, Ted. I know the exhaustion has been wearing on him. Is he really busy this afternoon?"

"You know, Brian. He is always busy when he is here in the office, but I know, because of the client not signing, Brian's last meeting of the day has been canceled. His calendar should be clear after 3:30."

"Please tell Cynthia not to let him schedule anything else. I will be there by 4:00 to take him out of there."

Justin could hear Ted's amusement when he said, "What are you planning, Justin?"

"I really don't know. I need to talk to everyone here first but I should be able to come up with something."

 

By 3:15, Justin had been assured that between Charly, Connor, Henry, Shadow, and even J.Jay, the children would be well cared for. He had packed clothes for both himself and Brian. He had thought about staying at the B&B but on second thought, he decided to take him to the loft.  Their first home together might remind him of their early life and the beginning of Kinnetik. He couldn't say they were ever hurting for money but there were times when Brian came home discouraged or angry and they would order in Chinese and sit by the coffee table and, well... It had been a long time since it was just the two of them in the loft. As much as he loved his life, he sometimes missed the early days. They fought more, but making up was always worth it.  

As Justin drove, he thought back. He remembered the time the loft was broken into and everything was stolen. Brian was so mad at him but when it was all settled, whether or not Justin forgot to set the security, Brian realized he was partially to blame as many men as he invited in regularly. Justin shivered at the thought of their early love making. It was far more physical than emotional for Brian, but it always stirred Justin to his core.

Justin pulled into a reserved spot at Kinnetik and walked into the lobby. The minute he entered he heard Brian's voice coming from his office. Justin caught Cynthia's eye. "You are here just in time. He's losing it because I didn't schedule anyone in the empty spot this afternoon."

Justin kissed her cheek. "You're a saint, Cynthia. I'll take him off your hands. If we don't come out soon, don't come looking for us."

"I won't, Justin. I am so glad you are back better than before. He needs you."

"No more than I need him." Justin smiled at her and walked to his office door and then through it.

 

"Cynthia, what didn't you do for me now?" he shouted. Brian was sitting with his back to the door. Justin didn't say anything but walked up behind him and as he put his arms around Brian's neck he softly said, "I'm not Cynthia. Am I still welcome?" He kissed his jaw line just in front of his ear.

"She called you?" Brian grumbled.

Justin turned Brian around and sat on his lap. "No, she didn't call me."

"Fuckin' Ted." 

Justin put his arms around Brian and hugged him tightly. He softly said, "Babe, it was a bad day but I hope tonight will be better. So you lost a client, we still love you." Brian's arms went around Justin and held him tightly.

"I feel like I was... I don't even have a word, maybe betrayed. I spent the last six years training him and then, not only does he leave, but he takes the client with him. I can sue him. I will sue him."

Justin gently kissed his cheek, "I don't know how he could do that to you. I mean you are the," Justin kissed his jawline. "He will never find a boss who," Justin kissed his mouth and began to unbutton his shirt. "Damn, you are so beautiful even with that pouty, kissable mouth." He kissed him again and this time he invaded Brian's mouth with his tongue and then as he left Brian's mouth he kissed the spot on his chest that he just revealed and then he slipped off his lap and yanked Brian's shirt out of his pants and then began to undo his fly.

"Whoa, Sunshine. As much as I want that right now, there are too many people in the office. Give me 10 minutes and we can... oh, you drove in. It's a little early for dinner."

"We aren't going home. Well, not to Britin. The kids are taken care of. We will be home for dinner tomorrow night."

"Where are we going?" Brian redid his fly and started buttoning his shirt.

"I'll drive. You can leave your car here for now." 

Brian reached out and pulled Justin against his body. There was no doubt Brian needed him. "I hope it isn't far."

"Not far at all, Bri." He offered his hand but Brian slipped his arm around his waist instead. As they moved toward the door Brian stopped at Cynthia's desk and kissed her cheek and whispered something before joining Justin and walking out the door. "What did you say?"

"I just apologized. I'm not an animal." He kissed Justin's temple and they walked to Justin's SUV.

Fifteen minutes later Justin pulled into the parking spot next to the loft. "Are we just changing here? I saw bags in the back." Brian asked quizzically. Justin didn't respond, got out of the car and walked to the back where Brian met him and they each took a bag.  

"Come on, Sunshine, what are we doing?"

"Absolutely nothing. No. Well, I hope we do something, but we are staying at our loft. We are going to order Chinese, and we are going to eat it sitting on the rug and then... I hope... we can have a little consoling sex on our old bed." They got on the lift and then off by the loft door.

"Oh, I am sure I could muster that," Brian kissed Justin's neck as he pressed him against the door. "I haven't been here in a long time. I hope it isn't  musty smelling."

Justin unlocked it and slid it open. Both Brian and Justin took in a sharp breath. Justin put his arm through Brian's and led him in. There were candles lit on nearly every flat surface and the room was filled with fragrance. "Who did this?" Brian asked.

"I may have called Mom and Molly and asked them to meet a delivery from that great store that makes those organic candles. They put together scents that worked together."

"Damn, they really did a great job." Brian backed Justin up slowly and once he was pressed against one of the steel I beams his mouth came down on Justin's willing lips. Justin pushed Brian's suit jacket off of his shoulders and then tugged the shirt out of the waist band. Justin ran his hand across Brian's flat abs and then moved them upward. Brian quickly undid the buttons and by the time Justin's hands reached his shoulders he pushed the shirt away.

Justin pulled him down and their lips nearly sizzled when their tongues met. It was Brian's turn for his hands to be busy. First they had to separate long enough for the shirt to come off and then his pants were falling to his ankles as Brian turned him around and then entered Justin. It was fast and hard and it did remind them both of so many occasions when they were first together.

As Brian kissed Justin's jawline Justin said, "Go take a quick shower, Bri. Dinner will be delivered in twenty minutes or I would join you."

"Well then, I'll just wash off and we can take a long shower later." Brian dropped a kiss on his upturned nose. "Sunshine, thank you."

"For what?"

"For reminding me what is really important. This might cause a few business adjustments but it won't change the success of Kinnetik. I'll just have to make my husband work a little harder." Brian winked at him and kissed Justin once more before moving toward the bedroom.

 

Justin heard the water of the shower turn off just as the buzzer at the downstairs door went off.  "Hey, just put it on the elevator and I'll bring it up, I put a tip on the elevator already."  

Justin let him in and as he waited at the top he heard the delivery guy say, "$100! Hey, thanks!" 

Justin pushed the up button and the elevator arrived. He picked up the bag and entered the loft, shutting the door behind him. When he turned, Brian stood at the bottom of the steps. Justin held his breath. He was only wearing his old pair of jeans he always left here. They rode low on his hips and his bare toes stuck out from under the frayed bottom. Justin realized he wasn't breathing and inhaled deeply. "Damn," he said under his breath. "Every time you wear those pants I just want to get you out of them."

Brian walked over and touched his cheek, "Let's eat. We will need our energy later tonight. I am guessing you remembered to have beer in the fridge?"

"Yes, Mom brought a few things for tonight and for breakfast." Brian walked to the kitchen and Justin watched him take every step. His body was still perfect. As he reached for the beers Justin saw his muscles ripple across his shoulders and he thought about the first night, right here in the loft. Brian poured that bottle of water over his head and..."

"Earth to Justin. Where'd you go, Sunshine?"

"I didn't go anywhere but I was back about six years ago. You haven't changed a bit."

"Liar. Just look at all the gray hair I have. I even have some in my pubes."

They walked to the coffee table together and once they sat, Justin said, "You know it just makes you more handsome."

Brian rolled his eyes, "What did you get?"

"I just ordered a variety. Some egg rolls, some soup, and a couple entrees."

The next half hour they ate and drank. They talked about the family, the estate, and the trip they were planning. Craig was not mentioned. Brian had told Justin he would take care of all the lawyer stuff unless it was something specifically for Justin. Justin was better but he had a hard three months. When he had to get involved he would, but until then Brian had it under control.

As they had both tried everything and had a couple beers their focus went from the food on the table to the feast they saw, looking at each other. When Justin couldn't take it any longer he took Brian's hand and started by licking off each finger and then he began to work his way up the arm and then to the shoulder, pushing Brian down on the white fur rug, as he did. Once Brian was flat and Justin was laying on top of him, Brian rolled so Justin was under him.

"Justin Taylor, I don't know how I got so lucky. It is like you know everything I am thinking, good and bad, and know just what to do to make it better."

"Love, you do the same for me. I think the last three months were harder on you than me. You took care of everything at the house and at the office."

"Our house staff, I hate to call them that, don't need us. They handle our kids and the house with or without us."

"We are really lucky to have our crew." Justin slowly licked his lips and then Brian used his own tongue to trace them sending a shiver through Justin's whole body.

"We could have sex where we are or we could make love in the first bed we made love in." Justin nodded and Brian popped up and then offered his hand, helping him off the rug. They walked hand in hand up the two steps to the bedroom. Brian stopped and faced Justin. He slowly tugged off Justin's shirt, dropping kisses on his warm skin, and once the shirt was off he slowly pulled down Justin's pants and held his hand as he stepped out of them. He then walked behind him and ran a fingertip, dropping kisses as his mouth traced the same path as his finger. When Brian's finger moved down the valley between his perfect ass cheeks Justin's knees started to buckle at the sensation. Brian moved him to the bed and as soon as Justin sat he reached for Brian's waist band and slowly undid the fly. He knew he would find nothing under them and he was correct. He ran his hand under the band and then down across Brian's ass making the pants fall to the floor and Justin pressured Brian to step closer and then he began to satiate himself on Brian's cock. He licked, nibbled, and kissed his penis everywhere but the head, driving Brian almost to madness. 

And then Brian was positioning himself and Justin propped one of his legs on Brian's shoulder.  As Brian moved in, Justin tensed and then sighed with the familiar feeling that was all he could think of some days. They were one. They had been since the night they met. 

As they both felt the tension of their love building, neither could think of anything but the man they were joined to. Their love making was always amazing, but tonight went to another level of connection. As they looked into each other's eyes there was an explosion of emotions and feelings. Both of them cried out, but then Brian brought his mouth down on Justin's again and they both shivered as they came down slowly, not wanting the feeling to ever end.

 

As the sun rose, Brian and Justin tasted and touched before Justin made love to Brian, after he had turned his back to Justin. If Justin asked him to, he would bottom, but it was rare that Brian initiated it. As Justin sank into him, Brian sighed and turned so Justin could kiss him. "I needed that this morning. Damn, I love feeling your body, and my body wanted to feel as much of you as I could." As Justin began to move, it was slow but powerful. He refused to give in before Brian, but when he felt him tighten around him, Justin lost it as Brian did too.

After dozing in each other's arms, Justin tried to get out without waking him but Brian grabbed Justin's hand. "Where ya' going?" He kissed each knuckle.

"I need to piss and then I think I'll shower. What do you want to do today?" Justin asked over his shoulder as he walked into the bathroom. Justin didn't wait for the answer but after relieving himself, he started the water. Brian did the same and then stepped in behind him.

"Why are you showering already if we have no plans?" Brian ran his hand over Justin's water slicked skin.

"I guess I want to show off my beautiful husband." Justin turned his head so they could kiss. "I do have reservations for a late lunch."

"How about going shopping? It has been a very long time since we did that."

Justin turned and smiled up at him, "How about I pick something for you and you pick something for me for a special night when we are down in Atlanta?"

"Can it be something in clear plastic?" Brian's hand slid over Justin's ass.

"Sure, can we go to a club? I haven't shown my ass in a very long time." He turned and rubbed his ass against Brian's cock. "Have I still got it?"

"I better be the only one that gets it." Brian smacked the wet backside hard enough to sting a bit.

"Hey!" Justin said in surprise as Brian pulled him close and kissed him, bending him backward. When he straightened them both up, both of them were aroused again. This time Justin rested his cheek on the wall of the shower as Brian entered him. They made love slowly and with the passion only true soulmates can achieve.

 

After dressing and eating some of the rolls and juice Jenn had left for them, it was time to go.  As they left the loft they checked on the kids and then, with Justin behind the wheel, they went shopping.  

They were measured for great linen suits they would wear to Justin's gallery events this summer. They each picked out several button downs for the other to wear to add some individuality. And then, as they strode through streets near Liberty Avenue, they started shopping for others. They stopped by the little shop Em used to work in and after buying something in the children's section for each of their kids and for Amelia and Kelin. All of the outfits had the same floral pattern. Brian then walked over to a rack of basic dress shirts and found an emerald shirt that would fit Kevin that complimented the children's outfits. There would definitely be a family photo while they were in Atlanta.  

"Our suits will work with all this. Do we dare buy the girls something?" Justin asked.

"I think we have to now." Brian walked over to a rack and within a couple minutes he had two sundresses picked out. They were beautiful and flowy.

"Bri, those are perfect. I know they will love them and they are forgiving enough that if we have the size wrong it will still work."

They found some ‘play wear' for Em and James. They knew James would roll his eyes at what they bought but he would wear it for Em because Em would love it.

They stopped by a little market that had authentic island food and picked up some fruit they knew Ronni loved, and for Charlie and Connor they found a perfect mirror to use in the barn they just finished remodeling. For J.Jay and Henry, they stopped at a liquor store and bought each a bottle of high quality bourbon of different brands.

Brian looked at Justin, "Matchmaking are you?" he said as they put their final packages into the back of the SUV.

"J.Jay never looks happier than when he is with Henry. And I have to say, Henry seems to enjoy the attention. If they aren't sexually attracted to each other, it is the beginning of a great friendship."

Justin shut the trunk and Brian pulled him against him. "I love you, Justin. Yesterday at this time I hated the world. Who knew a night of making love and a day of shopping could change my world? You did."

"Awe, Brian," Justin reached up and stroked his cheek, "I love you, too." He smiled, "Ready for lunch?"

"Where are we going?"

"I know someone who knows someone and got us an invitation to a pop up restaurant."  

"Are we dressed well enough?" Brian looked down at their jeans.

"It is in an old factory on the river, very casual and, since it is such a nice day, we will eat out on a dock."

"It is a perfect day to eat alfresco." Brian smiled over at Justin.

By the time they were finished eating, Brian was more relaxed than he had been in months.  Justin had sipped his wine but Brian had tried everything they offered and he actually fell asleep on the way home. Justin had to smile over at him. He had a flashback of what Brian must have looked like at Gus' age. He wondered if Brian ever felt that relaxed as a child. He would do anything for this man and just seeing him so relaxed made Justin feel lighthearted.

 

When they arrived home, after giving everyone their gifts, they gave all the staff the night off. They all went off to their own spaces but as Brian played catch with Aaron, he saw Henry cross the pool deck from the main house to the pool house where J.Jay lived. "Damn, Justin was right again." 

"Daddy, naughty word."

Brian, laughed and swooped Aaron high above his head. He was giggling as Justin walked in with Jessi holding on to his fingers walking ahead of him. "What is so funny here?"

As Brian set Aaron down he squatted down and reached for Jessi who took several steps toward him. He then threw her in the air like he had just done with Aaron.

"Daddy, naughty word," Aaron said as Justin picked him up for a kiss.

"Daddy said a naughty word?" Justin looked at Brian. "What naughty word, did you say, Daddy?"

"I'm not repeating it but Henry is visiting J.Jay."

Justin smiled and kissed Brian's cheek. "Do you think we should forgive Daddy this time?"

Aaron grinned and looked at Brian, "We love Daddy."

"Yes we do, Aaron.

The rest of the night they had dinner and then read to the kids sitting on Gus' bed before putting the kids in bed for the night. Brian and Justin went to their room and sat on the love seat in the room as they listened to music. 

"There was only one thing that would have made this day perfect," Brian said, wrapping his arms around Justin and kissing his temple.

"I miss Gus, too. I am so glad he is going to be with us most of the summer. I don't know how Lindz could be away from him for so long." Justin relaxed against him, "Well, her loss is our gain."

"Interested in sharing that big, copper tub in the bathroom?"

"I think that is the perfect way to end our day." Justin stood and, taking Brian's hand they moved to the bathroom and they sat facing each other. "I'm glad I could make you feel better. You don't have anything to worry about. It is disappointing when someone you thought you could trust, betrays you but you will always come out on top."

"Thanks for reminding me of that. Most people would kill for a life like ours and I don't mean the money. We have more love in our makeshift family than anyone I know." 

"Are you too tired to show me a little of that love?" Justin asked.

"Oh, Sunshine, I can't think of anything I'd rather do." 

Justin moved to the other side of the tub and intertwined his legs behind Brian's back. As Brian lifted Justin up and slowly brought him down on his erection, they both knew as long as they were together they were home. They were a family.