- Text Size +

 

Justin and Brian helped Dante off the floor and helped him to the chair. James knelt in front of his step father and took his hands. "Dante, is Mom gone? Is she..."

"No, I'm sorry, no. She's awake! She's asking to see her granddaughter."

There was a quiet cheer. "James, take her. I will be there in a minute. I need to tell Brian and Justin a couple things and then I will be there."

Emmett wrapped his arms around both Brian and Justin. "Thank God! And thank you for being here."

"Of course, Em. Tell Ronni we can't wait to see her." Justin smiled at him.

"Will you let Nat and Tom know about Amelia, and Ronni of course?"

"Oh, sure!"

"And tell Nat to tell my family. I didn't want to tell them until I knew Ronni was going to be alright."

"We'll explain everything."

"And you don't have to bother bringing clothes in tomorrow. We will be going home in the morning."

"I'll send Charly and Connor over to make sure everything is ready," Brian said as he hugged Emmett once more. He then slipped his arm around Justin. "Let's go home, Sunshine. You need to get some sleep."

"Feel free to come over on Sunday. I am sure your kids will want to meet her."

"You go see Ronni. We are on our way and we will see you sometime on Sunday."

 

Brian had noticed Justin's reaction to light the last little while they were at the hospital. As they walked out, Justin held onto him tightly. "How bad is it?"

"Not too bad yet. I'll relax on the way home and once I get there I will take my medicine."

"Don't you have some on you?"

"I do, but I don't want the effects to hit me before I'm in the house. Mom doesn't need to know that I need something that powerful."

"I almost forgot your mom was at the house." Jenn had come to have dinner with them and then decided to just stay with the kids while they were at the hospital. "Is she staying overnight?"

"I'm not sure but I am guessing she will. She doesn't like to drive much at night and Molly is with a friend overnight." Justin's voice seemed distant in some way. Brian stopped talking and let him rest.

"Hey, Sunshine, we're home." Brian reached over and softly touched Justin's cheek.

"Oh, I didn't plan to fall asleep like that."

"We had a crazy day. Do you want me to call Nat and Tom?"

"Do you mind?"

"Not at all. You go be polite to your mom and then, after a cup of tea, go to bed. I'll make the calls out here and then come in." They met at the front of the car and they kissed. 

Justin's arms went around Brian's neck and pulled him close. "That nap did a lot of good. Don't take too long. Oh, and can you just call Charly about checking on James and Emmett's house?"  Justin pressed his pelvis against Brian.

"Damn, go so I can make my calls and then," Brian's hand ran over Justin's ass and then it was Justin's turn to swear before he turned and walked into the house.

Justin made tea for his mom and himself while Brian made his phone calls. "Thank God Ronni woke up. It would be devastating without her." Jenn took a sip of her tea.

"It was a horrible day, except for being able to hold Amelia. She is so beautiful. I can already picture Jessi running down the path to play with her."

"You have created a wonderful life here. I had the feeling you had a headache when you walked in."

"When I had left the hospital I did, but I slept all the way home and with the relief of Ronni's improvement the strain went away." Justin kissed his mom's cheek, "I take it the staff are all off?

"Yes, Charly and Connor took Shadow to a movie. They told me about the barn. That is exciting."

"Ya, I thought J.Jay would need to stay in the studio for a while but it looks like she will be able to move directly into the pool house." They both looked toward the door to the garage as Brian walked in.

"Tom and Nat are so excited about the baby. They are going to try to come up in a month or so. Right now the shelter is full because it is the coldest time of the year. He said by March it would warm up and the shelter would quiet down a bit. It will be good to see them." 

"Is Charly going to the caretaker's house in the morning?" Justin asked.

"She is. She said she had already put a couple meals in the freezer and she had something for them to eat tomorrow."

Jenn smiled, "You two have made such a great extended family without neglecting me." She kissed Justin's cheek. "Not to mention those beautiful grandchildren you gave me. Now, you two need to get some rest. I am taking the monitor with me."

"Mom, you don't need to do that. Jessi has been very cranky at night lately and..."

"Her teeth broke through today. She is much happier and very tired. Go to bed. I am staying in the room next to the boys so I will be close to all of them."

"Thanks, Jenn, I couldn't have asked for a better mother-in-law." He stretched his hand out and helped Justin up and kissed him. "Goodnight, Jenn, we'll see you in the morning."

Justin leaned down and kissed his mom on the cheek. "Love you, Mom."

"I love both of you, too. If you lock up, I'll turn off the lights when I go to bed."

 

Brian and Justin slid into bed. "Sunshine, we don't have to do anything. You have to be exhausted."

"Are you trying to get out of making love with me?" Justin laid his hand on Brian's chest and ran his fingers through the small patch of hair before slowly moving his hand lower.

Brian rolled toward Justin, propped on one arm. "I will never get tired of making love. You know that." Brian lowered his mouth and Justin accepted it greedily. After several moments of stroking and kissing, Brian moved one of Justin's legs over to the side and then put Justin's other leg on his shoulder. He entered him slowly and as their eyes locked, Justin went into that place he did when the pleasure overtook him. Brian could look at his face all day when it had that ethereal look. Truth was, he could look at Justin's face any day. As they both climbed higher Brian came down and kissed him. As their tongues entwined, first Brian and then Justin climaxed seconds apart.

"Fuck, when I think it can't get any better, it does." Brian rolled to the side.

"That's because we know what we have. No matter how many men I was with, you were the only one I wanted to be with again." Justin moved to Brian and drifted off in his arms. 

 

The next morning Gus and Aaron were excited. First their grandma got them up and they were going to see their grandpa. Jessi was giggly because her mouth didn't hurt and her brothers' excitement rubbed off on her. Brian and Justin had heard from Dante who told them Ronni was already complaining about being in the hospital while James and Emmett were on their way home with Amelia. 

Jennifer left as Brian and Justin put the kids in the car and as they pulled out they waved at Ted and Blake. "I wondered if they would come over today." Justin said as he waved.  

"Since Ronni obviously isn't here it is probably a good thing that someone is here. I am sure Charly will check in on them, too. We will go tomorrow." Brian made conversation. The kids chattered in the back seat. They had found out putting Gus in between the younger two helped when toys were dropped. Brian and Justin loved listening to their children in the backseat. This morning Gus was reading his siblings a book. He was actually reading some of it and the rest he just made up if the words were too hard.

"Daddies, am I going to Mommy's today?"

"Yes, when we get to Grandpa's we'll let her know, and then your mom will bring you back tomorrow afternoon."

"Will I get to see the baby tomorrow? What's her name?"

"Her name is Amelia and I think your mom will take you there because she will want to see her, too."

"Good, I want to meet her."

Justin smiled over his shoulder. "I am sure she will want to meet you, too."

As soon as they arrived at Kevin's, Gus took Aaron's hand and walked him to the front door, talking the whole time about how this was their other grandma's house but now it was going to be Grandpa Kevin's house. Brian lifted Jessi out of her carseat and kissed her chubby cheek.  "I'm so glad you are feeling better, princess." Justin took the diaper bag from him and after throwing it over his shoulder he linked arms with him. Are you alright with this?"

"I am. I'm not saying I won't have a moment, but you know the place will just have a new energy to it. Dad and Joan are so opposite. It can't feel the same."

"I totally agree, but if you disappear, I'll come looking for you." Justin kissed Brian and then Jessi lifted her face for a kiss and Justin kissed her, too. "You are just too sweet. I can't imagine life without her." Justin said to Brian.

"I agree. I know I wasn't all for it but now our family wouldn't be complete without her." The boys were already in the house and the door was standing open for them to enter. Brian walked over to his dad and kissed his cheek as he handed Jessi to him while Justin shut the door.

"I know you said you would order lunch, but now that I have this amazing kitchen, I decided to cook. I knew the kids liked mac and cheese so I made some of that and I have a tray of munchies, fruit, pickles, lunch meat..."

"Dad, you didn't have to do all that."

"I know but I wanted to. You have given me this amazing home. This is the first time in thirty years that I had a home of my own. Sure, the church has given me places to live but I often shared it, and most of the time it didn't feel like it was mine. Thank you, son."

"You deserve it and so does this house," Brian said as he set Jessi on the floor and pulled out some toys for her. The next hour and a half Kevin finished the meal and they ate around the kitchen table. They were just finishing up when there was a knock on the door. 

"Mom's here!" Gus yelled.

"Gus, you don't need to yell. We are all sitting around the table." Justin stood. "I'll get the door, you say goodbye and thank you to your grandpa." He walked to the door and let Lindsay in. "Hey, Lindz."

"Wow, look at this place. It is like a whole new house." 

"Mommy!" Gus ran to her and she bent to hug and kiss him. Brian and Kevin appeared in the doorway, each holding one of the little ones. "Mommy, tomorrow can we see the baby?"

"Of course, Gus. I can't wait to meet Amelia." She looked over at Brian, "How is Ronni?"

"She may come home tomorrow already. I think she is driving the nurses crazy." Brian smiled over to her and Gus. "If we aren't at the main house when you come back we will be at the caretaker's house." Brian opened his arms and Gus ran over.  

"Bye, Daddy. Love you." Gus hugged him tight and then gave his sister, brother and grandpa a hug. Justin helped him on with his jacket and they hugged. Love you, Daddy J."

"I love you, too, Gus. Listen to your mom."

Lindsay held his hand as they walked out the door.

"Everytime he leaves with her, I think, what if she doesn't bring him back." Brian looked at Justin first and then at his dad.

"Brian, I'm not saying that isn't possible, but I think Lindsay has realized, at least at this time, she doesn't have enough time to be a full time mom. She knows you let her see him and you pay for all the staff."

"Ya, I think you're right, but I have this feeling once she feels established again, she will change her mind."

"Well, I'll pray that she will keep Gus' wishes in mind. And remember we know she does love him. He is safe wherever he is. Compared to so many children on the street."

"You're right, Dad. Gus will never have to go through what your clientele do."

"And you haven't had any more threats have you?" Justin asked as he changed Jessi. He threw a diaper at Brian for Aaron.

"No, but I have a feeling that Valentine's Day could stir some things up. People like that will see all those kids having free love everywhere. They have no idea that some of these kids don't even understand what they want yet. They just know they are different from what most people expect."

"Just make sure you keep Carl informed if anything comes of it."

"I will, son."

They spent another hour at Kevin's. He loved spending time with the kids and after seeing them everyday he missed them now that he lived in the city. And as they left for Britin, they made Kevin promise he would come out next weekend.

By the time they got home the kids were both sound asleep and Brian and Justin each carried one of them upstairs. Once Aaron and Jessi were in their beds Brian and Justin met in the hall, but as Brian was going to go downstairs, Justin took his hand and led him to their bedroom. It was so rare that the house was this quiet. Usually Connor or Charly were working somewhere or Gabbi was in and out of rooms putting clothes away or straightening up. Once the door was closed, Justin reached up and put a hand on either side of Brian's face. Brian wrapped his arms tightly around Justin's waist and pulled him tightly against him and when their lips met, it was so light, so sweet.

Brian's mouth brushed every angle of Justin's face and the next time his lips landed on Justin's lips the gentleness was gone and need took over. Justin's hand had locked behind Brian's neck and he pressed his need against Brian, each able to feel the other's cock. Justin undid Brian's fly and slid Brian's pants down, and as his hand wrapped around Brian's shaft he felt him shiver. Brian pulled Justin's shirt off and then undid his fly and moment's later they lay on the bed. As Brian spooned him, he entered him but rather than beginning to move they lay still.

"What is it, Sunshine?" he asked softly.

Justin snuggled back to take a couple more millimeters of Brian's cock and then said, "I have a headache starting and I can tell it is going to be a bad one. I just wanted to be with you, to feel you before I go into a dark room. For a day or two. Please take the kids to see Amelia tomorrow.  I don't think I will be up to it." Justin began to move back and forth slowly and Brian met the rhythm. It wasn't a wild flash of lust but a slow build of need. Soon they both had cum and they just ‘felt' for several minutes.

"Naptime will be over very soon. Let's take a quick shower before that happens," Brian suggested.

"Ya, and before I have a hard time focusing."

Once they stood under the water and Brian was washing Justin's back he said, "It's getting that bad already?"

"It is. If you're okay, I'm going to take one of the pills and sip a cup of tea and then I will be out of it. I just hope if I do that tomorrow morning I'll be able to function."

"I'll check with Connor. Charly is working so maybe he won't mind helping out. Even if you feel better you don't need to deal with kids. Has J.Jay let you know the arrival time?"

"Sometime this week. It depends on how many side trips are taken. Next week we will go over what I expect will need to be done. I have had more artists contact me every week."

"You started the business because you knew it was important for young artists." Brian said as Justin took the soap from him and turned Brian around and washed his back. Brian turned when Justin stopped rubbing his back. When Brian turned he saw Justin balancing himself against the glass wall. "Ok, darling, it is time to get you tucked in." After helping him dry off, Brian pulled a t-shirt over his head and got some shorts for him to slip on before getting him his medication and then pulled the blanket up to his shoulders. "I love you, Sunshine." Justin mumbled and Brian kissed his cheek before going out the door to check on the kids.

 

Brian called Connor and asked if he could sleep in the house tonight. Of course, Charly and Shadow were also welcome. Brian knew if Justin's headache got as bad as he had predicted, he wouldn't want to leave him alone for long. By the time the sun came up Brian knew he had made the right choice. Justin had moaned throughout the night. He had even gotten sick at one point. The medication helped the pain but it made him queasy.  

Connor had taken Aaron and Jessi down in the morning and now, as it got close to noon, Connor and Shadow were playing with the kids while Charly made lunch.  

It was nearly noon when Justin slipped into a restful sleep, Brian had gotten some soup for Justin a little earlier so now he just needed to rest. Brian was glad he had come down just in time for lunch. Aaron looked at Brian, "Where Daddy?"

"Daddy is sleeping."

"See Em's baby?"

"Yes, after you and Jessi take a little nap, we will go see Amelia Grace."

"Ronni be there?" Aaron had asked for Ronni several times in the last week. He had always been close to her and it was hard on him while she had been on bedrest.

"Not today, but I bet in a couple days you will be able to see her."

Aaron got off his chair and crawled onto Brian's lap. "I miss her."

Brian held him close. Their little boy was so kind and soft hearted. He was just like Justin. "How about you head to your room with Connor and I'll put Jessi down and when you wake up we will go see the baby."

Aaron turned and hugged Brian around the neck, "I love you, Daddy."

"I love you, too, Aaron."

Brian put Jessi down and then checked on Justin. He could tell he was resting comfortably by the sound of his breathing. As he started to open the door he heard Justin, "Everything okay, Bri?"

"Everything is fine, Sunshine. Are you feeling better?"

"Just drained. No pain." 

Brian walked over and kissed Justin's cheek. "Sleep. Connor and Charly have been helping all day. "I love you."

Justin pulled the blanket a little higher and said, "Love you," as he drifted back off. Brian watched him for a few minutes. How did he deal with all that pain? He had always known Justin was far stronger than he was. His family would go on fine without him, but without Justin, he was afraid the family would crumble.

 

It was 3:00 when Brian loaded the kids into the stroller and tucked a blanket around each and walked the short distance to the caretaker's house. It was a beautiful, sunny day even if the temperature was around freezing. When he arrived he knocked and Emmett opened the door to find Brian holding Jessi and Aaron reaching up to one of his buddies. Emmett scooped up the little boy.

"I see the baby." Aaron looked over Em's shoulder and saw James sitting on the sofa with Amelia laying on his lap. "I see her! I see her!" Aaron said, trying not to be too loud. 

"Let me introduce you to our daughter." Emmett walked over to the sofa and sat down next to James and Amelia. Aaron immediately bent over and kissed her gently. "Pretty."

"Yes, she is," James smiled at the little boy. "Do you want to hold her with Em's help?" Aaron nodded. Emmett wrapped his arms around Aaron and then James laid their daughter in Aaron's little arms with Em's arms supporting him. 

Brian had walked closer so Jessi could see her new friend. "Babababa," she said and smiled at her daddy.

"Justin feeling any better?" Em asked.

"He is. The pain is gone so now he is just sleeping. He was up most of the night."

"Kinney, it looks like you might have been up most of the night, too." Em said with a note of understanding in his voice.

"Well, I guess I was, but I did sleep some and Connor has helped with the kids today. I took a little nap when the kids did. Oh, Gus and Lindsay will be here in a bit."

"Yes, she let us know," Emmett said. 

"How is Ronni?" Brian asked.

"Ronni! Miss Ronni!" Aaron chimed in.

"She actually got home an hour ago," James replied. "In fact, she made Dante stop here before she went home, but after ten minutes she was ready for her own bed."

"That little guy misses her so much. I hope she is up to a short visit tomorrow."

"You know my mother. She will bounce back quickly. She is already at about 70%. She will probably try to be back at work by her due date."

"Well, let me know if she is trying to overdo it. I will give her orders." Brian said as Jessi pulled herself up by the coffee table." 

"She isn't walking is she?" Emmett asked as he set Aaron on the floor so he could look at Amelia's toys.

"No, but she started pulling herself up. I think she will be walking early though. I bet by the time she is ten months she will walk everywhere." There was a knock on the door and Brian got up.  "I'll get it." Brian opened the door and caught Gus in mid charge. 

Gus hugged him. "Hi, Daddy. Where's Amelia?" Brian stepped out of the way and Gus moved across the room to the sofa. Brian gave Lindsay a kiss on the cheek and she gave him a little hug. Gus sat down next to James and leaned over his lap to see the baby Em was holding.  "She looks like Jessi. They are the same color. They are both so pretty." As Gus looked at the girls, Jessi fell backward and landed on her diapered backside. Her lower lip started quivering but before she could start crying, Gus had rushed to her side and kissed her, "You're okay."

"With a big brother like you she will always be Ok," Lindsay said, accepting the baby happily when Emmett offered her. 

Soon, it was time for them all to leave the little family by themselves. Once they were alone, Emmett put Amelia down in her bassinet before dropping on the bed himself. When he didn't come out of the bedroom, James went to look for him. He found him lying flat on his back, staring at the ceiling. James pulled off Emmett's shoes and then, kicking off his own shoes, he lay down next to him. "What are you thinking, Love?"

Em turned and kissed him and then laid his head on James' muscular chest. "I didn't realize I was thinking until you came in."

"And let me guess, you're thinking about our daughter."

"I was but far more than that. This is my dream life. I have a big, strong husband," Em's hand worked his hand up under the hem of James' shirt. "We have a beautiful daughter, and thank god your mother is alright. Three years ago we hadn't met yet and now we have this magic life. I can't imagine where I would be without you, both of you."

"Well, if I hadn't met you, I might still be trying to fool the world I was straight, trying to fool myself I was straight. You have made me the man I was always supposed to be." James rolled over pressing Emmett into the mattress. He moved his hand into the waistband of Em's pants. "I would never have been satisfied with a woman. I always knew this is what I needed." He undid Emmett's fly and brought out his cock. "You are such a stunning man, Emmett Honeycutt Augustin."

"I'm dropping the Honeycutt." Em said through gritted teeth trying to ignore what James was doing to him. "I... I want us to have the same last name," he said as James moved downward and took his cock into his mouth. "Oh, James, you would have been hiding so many skills if you had stuck with women!" Em bit his tongue and arched as he gave into the pleasure.

An hour later both men lay on the bed. They were still mostly dressed but they were now laying under a throw they kept near the bed. "We need to start dinner and Amelia will need a bottle as soon as she wakes up," Em commented.

"I'll go start dinner. I think Charly left us something I can just heat up," James said. He kissed Em and stood. He readjusted his clothes and strode out of the bedroom. Em watched him walk out and thanked the lord, like his mama taught him, for all the good things he had.

 

The next week went by quickly. Ronni was improving daily and by Friday, Charly took Aaron for a little visit to her home. He sat on her lap being very gentle of her ‘sore' tummy and after several stories both of them drifted off to sleep. While Aaron was getting all of Ronni's attention, Charly did a little cooking and cleaning for Ronni.

Friday was also the day J.Jay arrived. Justin was sure he had picked the right person for the job. He just wished J.Jay was sure. The first thing he hoped would happen was whether J.Jay wanted to be called him or her. He could never get an answer when they met, but he could feel the uncertainty in the life being lived. He hoped that would change.

When J.Jay arrived Justin opened the door with Jessi in his arms. J.Jay walked in, mouth hanging open. "Holy shit. This is a mansion! You really are rich, aren't you?"

"We do well enough." Justin kissed his smiling daughter's cheek. 

"Sorry about that, Justin," Connor said, taking Jessi from him. "Oh, hey, you must be J.Jay. I'm Connor." He extended his hand.

J.Jay took it. "J.Jay."

"J.Jay, what pronouns do you prefer?" Connor asked with complete sincerity.

Smiling from ear to ear, he said, "I prefer he and him."

"Great! It's nice to meet you. Do you need any help unloading your car?" He looked at Justin, who took his daughter back so Connor could help unload the car.

Jessi started pulling a face which Justin recognized immediately. "Connor, can you tell her about the living setup?" Justin didn't wait for a response. He held Jessi a little bit further away as he headed to the back room where they kept a changing table and diapers.  

Connor watched J.Jay watch Justin. "He is an amazing guy."

"Ya! I never thought I would get to work with an artist of his skill. But you would never know he was really rich."

"Ya, they don't act that way at all."

"Oh, Justin mentioned the living setup?"

"Ya, my girlfriend and I live in the pool house. She's the cook/housekeeper. We have been redoing an old barn at the back of the property. It will probably be ready for us to move into in a couple weeks. When we move you will have the pool house, but for the next couple weeks you will be bunking in Justin's studio. And we will just put your stuff here in the back of the garage and you can take up what you will need. What do you want me to carry up for you?"

J.Jay handed him a couple boxes and grabbed a couple bags himself and followed Connor up the steps. His first thought was he didn't mind sleeping above a garage as long as it wasn't cold.  He had never felt this kind of cold. He had been born and raised in Georgia and it just didn't get this cold.  

"Here you go." Connor stepped aside, allowing J.Jay to walk in the well lit space. There was a small sitting area and in another corner he saw what he was fairly sure was a Murphy bed. "I'm afraid there isn't a full kitchen but there is a fridge and microwave. Oh, and you are always welcome to eat with the family. Well, once in a while they have a family meal but they will let you know, but if you rather just eat up here, that's fine too." Connor stopped talking and looked at J.Jay.  "Are you always this quiet?"

"I guess I sort of am. I just never felt like I had anything to say anyone wanted to hear. My mom always just called me weird. She didn't understand me at all."

"Well, here we are all different. Charly is about 8 years older than me. She has a twelve year old daughter named Shadow. And then there is Em and James that live on the property. They just had a baby girl named Amelia."

"I met them. They were in Atlanta," he said softly.

"Oh, ya, and the other two that live on the grounds are Ronni and Dante. Ronni just gave birth to Amelia and she is still recovering from a C-section delivery."

J.Jay nodded and started unpacking. Connor watched a couple seconds thinking he might say something but when he didn't, Connor said, "I better get back to work. If you need anything just go in the door across from the steps. That will bring you right into the kitchen family area."

J.Jay nodded but as Connor got to the door, he said, "Thank you, Connor."

"Hey, anytime. If you need something just ask."

"Ok."

Connor came back into the kitchen and found Justin giving Jessi a snack. "He doesn't say much does he?"

"No. I am sure he has a story, but he's not the type you push. I wasn't even sure of his pronouns so I am glad you asked. You won't believe how talented he is. If you want anything painted on the walls of the barn, he could paint a mural for you that would be astonishing."

"I never thought about that, but there is a wall in the great room that could really use something." Connor saw Charly coming back with Aaron running a couple feet ahead of her, barely able to move because of his snowsuit. He opened the door and caught the little boy and tossed him into the air as he giggled.  

"More, please," Aaron said so Connor tossed him once more and then he kissed Charly who tugged off Aaron's coat.

"Where have the two of you been?" Justin asked.

"Ronni, house. I see Ronni." Connor put Aaron down and he ran to his daddy.

"Ronni and Aaron took a nap together so I just did a little cooking for her. I put a couple meals together and cleaned up the kitchen a bit."

The door to the garage opened and J.Jay walked in. When he saw Charly standing in the kitchen, he stopped. "Come in. It is too chilly to stay out there." Connor said. "I want to introduce you to Charly." 

Charly closed the space between them and offered her hand. J.Jay shook it. "So glad you could come help us out. We may be an unusual crew here but the more the merrier and if we can help with anything."

"Thanks," J.Jay said.

Connor moved to Charly and slipped his arm around her. "J.Jay, Justin said you might be able to give us some ideas for this large wall we have that needs something." He looked at Charly, "Justin said he is an amazing muralist."

"Oh, that would be so cool. I know the exact spot you are thinking. Shadow mentioned wanting to paint one of the walls in her room, too. Maybe you could give her some suggestions?"

For the first time J.Jay smiled a bit, "I'd like that."

 

When the evening came to a close, J.Jay and Connor had decided J.Jay would go to the barn about 10:00 the next morning and they would look over the space. Brian had gotten home but Gus would be with Lindsay until after school on Monday. Justin sent Charly home with Connor around 7:00 and then it was just the family. Once Brian and Justin had put the kids to the bed for the night, they met in the master bedroom.

They turned on the TV which was rarely used and Brian started an old movie, but very soon the movie had been forgotten. They sat in each other's arms and just absorbed each other's warmth. In between kisses and touches, they talked softly. "I know J.Jay's quiet but he will warm up. He is never going to talk a lot but I think he will work well," Justin said.  

Then later Brian said, as he nibbled on Justin's ear, "I miss Gus." Justin agreed.  

They talked about Ronni getting stronger and how in love James and Em were with each other and how Amelia had only made that love stronger.

Justin stood and tugged Brian to his feet. "Thursday is Valentine's Day. Do you think we could get the night away?"

"And where do you think you'd like to go?" Brian said as he claimed Justin's mouth again.

By the time the kiss ended, they were next to the bed. "Let's go back to the hotel, if we can get in. A room with a bed this time. I want to play and have a good night's sleep."

"Oh, I love the way you think. I will call first thing in the morning."

Justin tugged Brian's shirt over his head and soon they lay under the blankets, skin to skin.  They made love slowly. There was no rush. Both of them wanted to just continue as long as possible. They didn't want to break the connection but eventually they climaxed, and as they lay staring at the ceiling, they reached out simultaneously and linked fingers. Nothing needed to be said. Knowing the only person they could ever love lay next to them said it all.