- Text Size +

 

As Valentine's Day approached both Blake and Kevin received threats. Someone was really angry about Legacy moving into their neighborhood. The investigator from the police department had not had any luck finding out who was behind all of this, but the one thing they strongly believed was that it was not a group but one or two individuals that wanted to be noticed and that wanted others to think it was a group by the way they worded their threats.

Blake, Kevin, and Carl met with the investigator at Legacy on February 13 to decide what they were going to do. The detective had already suggested they close the center for safety, but they had refused. "Sir, no disrespect but the young adults that use our center already feel like they have no place to go. Many of them have been thrown out of their homes or have left because of the rules their parents set down. We have rules, but none of them are trying to change these people into something they aren't. Many of them have never had a positive Valentine's Day experience. We are not throwing anyone out on the street because of some bigoted..." Kevin stopped.

"I agree with everything Kevin said," Blake continued. "We are working on getting a few other people involved. My husband is talking to the news outlets and we are hoping to have a news team outside the building the entire night."

"A news crew?" Carl questioned and looked over at the detective. 

"That isn't the worst idea I have heard." The police officer mulled it over for a couple minutes. "It would definitely draw attention to the area which might not only deter activity but also we might catch someone on camera. The only thing that concerns me is will it draw attention to the place and bring in more radicals. You have only been open a little over two weeks and we have noticed less kids sleeping on the street or just hanging out on corners at all hours of the night."

"You know they aren't bad kids."

"Just misunderstood?" Carl commented.

"Actually somewhat misunderstood but in many cases they don't understand themselves. Straight people had all kinds of examples to look at and decide how they wanted to live their life.  Our guests wish they had someone to look at, some examples to even see what their options are. I have already seen changes in some who are soon going to be our leaders and examples for the others." Blake truly meant every word he said. 

"You don't have to convince us," Carl smiled over at Blake and patted his shoulder. Blake, I remember when you were a kid like these. I remember when you tried to find yourself in drugs, but I think finding Ted gave you the foundation you needed."

"Without Ted, I doubt I would have stayed clean. He was always there to support me. He believed in me. Now it is my time to believe in others. Ted and I will be here tomorrow night. Kevin, Brian, and Justin are well known in Pittsburgh. Do you think..."

Kevin put up his hand, "I am sure they would be willing, but right now, they need an evening alone, not to be the center of a public event. Justin has surgery in a couple weeks so they need some time alone."

"I didn't think his surgery was until April?" Blake questioned.

"Since Ronni is healing so quickly and will be able to spend a couple hours a day at the house, and Justin's assistant has arrived, it was changed. Justin's headaches have continued to get worse and more frequent, so when the surgeon had an opening come up in March, they knew they had to take it."

"How that young man has such a positive attitude is beyond me," Carl said. "He has always amazed me. Not only did he get attacked, but then his own father kidnapped him." The detective looked quizzically at Carl. "If you give me a ride to my place, I'll give you the short version of his story. Debbie dropped me off so I don't have a car." 

"Sounds good. Then  I will go back to the station and run your idea past my supervisor and let you know what else we can offer tomorrow night." 

Carl and the detective left while Blake and Kevin stayed in the office. "Do you think we need to close down tomorrow?" Blake looked worried. "The threats have gone from damage to the place to damage to people. If anything happened to any..."

"Blake, if we are forced to close tomorrow night, they have won. I can't let that happen. I will print up a flyer and let our guests know, without details, that we had a threat." Kevin started typing on his computer. "I have gone through something similar in the past more than once and I always hope that this will be the last time, but then others come along just because someone is different than they are, because they were taught to hate the unknown." Blake watched Kevin start to dissolve. "This has always been a top priority of mine, but now that I have Brian and Justin along with Brandy and Sally, it impacts me even more."

"I think that is a good idea. If they are really afraid, they can stay away but if they choose to come they may help us watch for approaching trouble." Blake stood. "I have an appointment I need to get to. I will see you in the morning."

"Ok, Blake. I will finish the flyer and then make one more sweep of the perimeter before I leave. Staff is here, right?" Blake nodded as he left the office.

 

Brian decided to work from home on Valentine's Day. He had rented the nicest suite at the B and B. He and Justin were both going to get some work done before lunch. Then they would spend some time with the two little ones. Lindsay was picking Gus up at school for a weekend visit and Jenn and Tucker were coming to Britin around dinner and would spend the night so Charly and Connor could spend the evening together. Shadow was at a friend's house for the night leaving them alone in their new home.

Brian moved to the office while Justin spent time with J.Jay in the studio. "Justin, did you see the latest new artist that contacted us?"

Justin could hear the excitement in his voice that he had never heard before. "Not sure which one you are referring to. I have to admit, I haven't been able to focus too much lately. It seems like if I try to focus I get a headache.

"I am glad you could get the surgery moved." J.Jay got nervous, "I don't mean I'm glad you need surgery I..."

Justin put his arm around J.Jay's shoulders, "I know what you meant." Justin was glad J.Jay didn't pull away. Previously, he shied away from physical contact of any kind. He was never going to be a big hugger and that was fine, but Justin wondered if it was just his nature to be reserved or if he had history that made him that way. "Please, show me what you see in him or her." J.Jay led Justin over to the computer and started popping the work up he wanted Justin to see. "Oh, wow! You have a great eye. Who is this? What was the name?"

"That's just it, there was no name on the email. The only way to contact them is with the email but they don't give us any idea."

"J.Jay, do whatever it takes to draw whoever this is out. Use my name if it helps. Tell them I think their work is stunning and I would love to work with them in our online studio. Please don't tell them why we are not going to have any live online classes for a while unless you would like to do some basic skills with them so we know they are really the artist. I hate to doubt people but when I first started, I had a very good prospect but soon found out it was stolen work off of someone else's web page."

"I don't know if I can do that, lead a skills class." J.Jay shifted from foot to foot.

"I have confidence in you, J, but I don't want you to feel uncomfortable," Justin smiled at J.Jay.  "I knew hiring you was just what I needed. I trust you to do what is best."

"If people ask for you, what do I say?"

"Just tell them I am taking an extended family vacation. That isn't a 100% lie. By the time I am feeling a little better I will be going to Atlanta, because my sisters-in-law are about ready to have their first baby." He saw the worried look on J.Jay's face. "Don't worry. I won't be out of total commission for a long time. After a couple weeks I hope to be able to at least deal with some emails and texts."

"Ok, not sure I'll be good without talking..."

"J.Jay, I trust you or I wouldn't have invited you here. Are you settled into the pool house?"

"Ya, it's the best place I have ever had." He smiled at Justin. "I can't believe it is all mine."

"If you need anything or if anything breaks, just let us know."

"Ok, but I can fix most anything."

"Great!  If you need anything, just talk to James. He will tell you where to find supplies or order what you need. And now, as much as I enjoy just shooting the shit with you, we better get busy." The two men each sat with their computers and worked silently.

 

Ronni walked across the drive and knocked on Em and James' door. Em opened the door with Amelia in his arms and a distressed look on his face. "Ronni, should you be out in the cold?"

"I have been in the cold for two minutes! Now give me my granddaughter and make tea for you and me."  

Em handed the crying baby to her grandma. "Hello my beauty. I knew your daddy needed a little break and I did too." Her soft cooing voice seemed to calm her right down. "Do you have plans tonight, Emmett?"

"Obviously we are not leaving Amelia. I hope we can have dinner while she is napping but that is all we will do." Em set the two cups of steaming tea on the table next to her and slowly lifted the now sleeping baby and laid her in the nearby bassinet.  

"Em, drink some tea. You are an amazing daddy. You are all adjusting. Amelia is adjusting to not being in my cramped belly and is out in this big scary world. You and James are still afraid she might break or that everything you do is wrong." She sipped her tea and then noticed he had put a platter of cookies on the table, too. "It has only been a couple weeks and it will all fall into place soon."

"Thank you, Ronni. I think I know that but I just... You walked in and she settled right down."

"My love, I have been taking care of babies, including your amazing husband, for over thirty years. You will all learn together."

"I'm glad you stopped by. What do you have planned with Dante?"

"We plan to get to know our granddaughter, giving you and James a few hours alone."

"Ronni, we can't do that to you? You and Dante deserve a romantic evening."

"Oh, Em, I'm not up to an evening out and, well, it will be several weeks before we can actually ‘celebrate' our love. It was Dante's idea. He loves this little one as much as I do. Just bring her over to our house anytime, and Dante will bring her back after her 10:00 pm bottle so she can go to sleep in her own bed."

"You don't know how much this means to me," Em said with a tear running down his cheek. "You know how much I love Amelia, but Jamesy and I haven't had any time for, well, anything. I can't even remember the last time we just talked. I don't know why I am crying."

"I'd say you have postpartum depression, in your own way. I have no doubt how much you love them but it is a change for everyone. You spend your day at home, having no one to talk to.  James is working in the city part of the time and the rest of the time he is busy around the estate. You need to make it a point to go up to the house. You can have coffee or tea and get a break from your solitude."

"So I'm having a normal reaction to all of this?"

Ronni stood up and kissed Em's cheek and then kissed the sleeping baby. Just text us when you are bringing her over and now you have several hours to make tonight special." Ronni slipped on her coat and looked back at Em, "Emmett Honeycutt Augustin, I know when we met, I didn't like the way you looked at my son, but now, now it thrills my heart. You are the only one that has made his heart sing." Without another word she walked out into the chilly winter air.

Emmett watched her walk across the drive and watched her enter her home safely. He then turned and looked at his kitchen and started planning for a new dessert. He was definitely hoping at least some of it would be eaten directly off of James' massive chest.

 

Brian and Justin met in the kitchen around noon. They fed the youngest two kids and played with them until it was time to put them down for a nap. Once they knew they were asleep, they started packing for their night away. Justin collected a couple things and kissed Brian's cheek.  "I will see you downstairs in two hours."

"Where are you going?" Brian asked as Justin moved to the door.

"Well, I am planning on an active evening and I need to take care of a couple things. And then I might take a nap."

"Sunshine, are you feeling alright?"

"Yes, my love. I just want tonight to be perfect and that takes a little work for us bottoms." Justin wiggled his ass at Brian as he walked out of the room.

Brian groaned out loud. "Fuck, he is so hot!"

 

It was 4:00 when Brian and Justin met in the kitchen. They each had a small bag with clothes and toiletries. They would be home about noon the next day so they didn't need much. Brian put his arms around Justin, "You look and," he took a deep breath, "smell amazing." Their lips met and as they kissed Brian bent him backwards pressing his pelvis tightly against Justin's thigh.

Charly walked in and cleared her throat. It wasn't like it was the first time she had seen her employers kissing, but damn, she was glad she and Connor were going to be alone tonight.  She realized she felt the need for him like Brian and Justin felt for each other. 

"Hey, Charly." Brian smiled at her over Justin's shoulder as he pulled Justin back to an upright position. "We are leaving now."

"Please tell Connor my mom and Tuck will be here in about an hour, 5:30 at the latest, and then the two of you are off until tomorrow morning."

"I do appreciate it. Connor and I will feed the kids and I made a special dinner for Jenn and Tuck to have after the kids are in bed."

"That was very nice of you, Charly." Justin smiled at her.

"It was no big deal. I just doubled what I had made for Connor and I. I will stick it in the oven before I leave and it will be done about the time the kids go down for the night."

"We hope you and Connor have a great night, too." Justin felt Brian's arm tightening around his waist and propelling him toward the garage door. He waved over his shoulder and they both left the house. Brian opened the back door of the car and threw both their bags on the seat. He then opened the passenger door, but before Justin got in, Brian kissed him again. "I love you, Sunshine." He took Justin's hand and helped him into the car before shutting the door.

"I didn't say anything in the house, partly because your lips seemed to be on mine most of the time but, you know how much I love you, right?"

"I have never figured out why, but yes, I know you love me as much as I love you." Brian reached over and brushed his knuckles on Justin's cheek. "You are stunning."

Justin reached for Brian's hand and held it in his own as they made the short drive to the B and B. "Do you have any idea if James and Em had plans tonight?" Brian asked.

"Ronni and Dante are taking Amelia for a few hours. They at least will have dinner alone."

"Want to make a bet if they make love or sleep?" Brian chuckled as they drove into the parking lot.

"My guess is they will do both. They love too much not to take advantage, but then they will sleep."

"I hope you don't plan to sleep much tonight." Brian said as he opened the car door. Justin got out and by the time he had pulled their bags out of the backseat, Brian was there to take his.

Brian led him to the main door, "No slipping me in the side door this time?" Justin smiled up at him.

"No, I want every man in this building to be jealous knowing you are with me."

Brian introduced Justin to the owners, Chad and Joe. "Brian, he is as breathtaking as you said." Turning to Justin, Joe continued, "Mr. Taylor, it is an honor to have someone as talented as you here."

"Justin, please. It is nice to meet both of you."

Chad continued, "We have you in the Suite Caress. It includes the tower room upstairs."

Brian nodded, "And what time will our dinner arrive at our room?"

"Since you said you wanted the later time, it should arrive sometime between 7:30 and 8:00 this evening," Chad responded.

"Perfect," Brian responded as he took Justin's hand.

Joe stepped up, "Follow me, gentlemen."

Once Joe had left the room, Justin looked around. He looked at the little dining room which was in the turret. Next, he walked into the bedroom and, after looking at the bathroom, noticing a soaking tub for two, he noticed a set of double doors near the bed. Brian wrapped his arms around him from behind. "What's behind those doors?" Justin asked as he leaned against Brian. 

"That's the toy closet, I believe." Brian started nuzzling Justin's neck, inhaling the scent that only Justin had.

"Um, shall we check it out before we take a bath in that amazing soaker in there?"

"Oh, I like the way you think. It has been a long time since we played with toys. It won't trigger a headache, will it?"

"To be honest, we can't push it too much. I don't want to ruin our night."

"Oh, Sunshine, if all I could do was hold you in my arms all night, just the two of us, it would be enough. Of course, I hope we can do more than that."

Justin turned and began to tug Brian's shirt off over his head. "I could use that tub." Justin ran his tongue around first one nipple and then the second. When Justin gently tugged on it with his teeth, Brian's body trembled.

"Damn," Brian said as he pulled at Justin's shirt. "WE need the tub." 

Minutes later the tub was filling with warm water and scented oil was added. They had continued undressing each other next to the tub as they stroked and kissed. By the time Brian got in and sat between Justin's legs, he sighed as Justin's arms came around him under his arms.

Justin whispered in Brian's ear, "No talking, just touching." Justin's wet hands glazed over Brian's skin. Justin dropped kisses along Brian's shoulders while Brian's hands ran up and down Justin's legs. Brian turned his head and Justin kissed him gently until Brian's hand reached back and increased the pressure, deepening the connection.

They both ended up on their knees facing each other. Neither was sure how they got in that position but they continued to stroke each other, sliding their wet skin against each other. Justin turned away from him and supported himself against the edge of the tub. Brian wrapped one arm around Justin's waist and with the other hand he guided his cock to Justin's bud. As Brian pushed inward, he pulled Justin's torso back to him, balancing himself with one hand on the side of the tub. It wasn't long before Justin arched as cum covered the tub in front of him and as he arched Brian trembled, orgasming himself.

They both clung to the side of the tub for a few moments until their breath returned to normal and then they both slid back under the water. This time they faced the other direction and Justin sat in front of Brian and it was Brian's turn to slide his hands across Justin's chest, and pulled him tightly against his. For the first time since they got in the tub, Brian whispered, "I love you, Sunshine. I don't think I could breathe without you. Don't leave me, EVER!"

"I'm not going anywhere." Justin shifted so the angle between them gave them better access to each other's mouths and they feasted.

 

Kevin stood at the door of Legacy. He watched a group of young adults decorating the activity room. He had posted the announcement about the threat but it obviously hadn't deterred anyone. He felt a heavy weight of responsibility. If anything happened to any of them he would feel so guilty. He knew Blake had leaned to closing the Center because of the danger, but he felt they had enough protection. A couple young patrolmen would be here in a few minutes and be part of the party, while another four volunteers would be posted around the grounds. If they only had an idea who was behind all of this and why.

"Are you Kevin?" a voice said beside him.

"I am."

"I'm here to help out. Carl told me about your problem. I'm all yours tonight."

"That is very kind of you. You didn't have anyone else to spend the night with?" Kevin asked the attractive young man."

"My wife had to work tonight. She's a doctor, and we both think what you are doing here is amazing. We met at a support group after our brothers had been injured in a bashing incident. We both give as much time as we can hoping to change attitudes."

"Can I ask about your brothers?"

"My brother killed her brother. He was trans and my brother, well..."

"My son-in-law was bashed about six years ago. He will be having his third brain surgery in a couple weeks. He is now the father of three with my son. He is the bravest man I have ever met."

"Kevin, if there is anything we can do... My wife would probably be happy to work out a schedule to help out here. She knows health care is expensive."

"Oh, thank you!" Kevin hugged the policeman. "We could really use that kind of help." He accepted a business card the man was offering. "I will be in touch."

"And I will start getting to know some of your friends." Kevin watched him walk away and tucked the card in his pocket.

 

Em had Amelia bundled up and was about to walk out the door with her when James opened the door. James had a bouquet of deep red roses in his hand. "I hope you aren't fleeing somewhere." James wrapped his free hand around Em and Amelia and kissed both of them, lingering on Emmett's lips.

"Your mother and Dante are watching Amelia until about 10:00 pm. If you want to walk her over I'll check dinner and pour us some wine."

"I'll be back in a few minutes." He kissed Emmett once more and then, tucking his daughter into his coat, he rushed out the door. Em smiled as they left before turning toward the bedroom and undressed. He took a bright red ribbon and tied it around his cock before going back to the kitchen and poured two glasses of wine.

 

Brian and Justin had eventually gotten out of the tub and slipped into robes. They sat on the sofa and relaxed as they talked about their week. They called Lindz and talked to Gus. He told them all about the party they had at school and about the dinner he was helping his mom make.  "Daddies, what are Aaron and Jessi doing?"

Justin smiled at Brian, "They are with Grandma and Tuck so I am sure they are just fine."

"Where are you?" Gus asked.

"Gus, your dads are just having a night away and I have my handsome boy with me. Let's say goodbye. You will see them Sunday."

"Bye, Gus, we love you," Brian said.

"Love you, Daddy and Daddy J."

Justin opened his mouth to ask Brian about Gus' custody but stopped himself. If Lindsay had been talking about it again, he didn't want to know about it tonight.

Brian set the phone down and put his arms tightly around Justin. "We should be getting dinner soon."

"Good, I could use a little something."

"Sunshine, you're feeling alright, aren't you?"

"I am but I know I have to be careful. I am so tired of always having to watch everything I do or don't do. Brian, what if this surgery doesn't..."

Brian cut him off with his lips. He pulled Justin onto his lap and as Justin faced him both of their robes opened and their cocks slid against each other. Soon Justin began to slowly move up and down a bit and as they both climaxed there was a soft knock on the door and a soft voice said, "Would you like me to set your dinner up or would you prefer to do it yourself?"

"Just leave it. We will take care of it." Brian said as Justin collapsed against him. They kissed once more and then they both got up. They quickly cleaned up and Justin opened the door and pulled the cart into the suite. As they sat and ate an amazing meal they talked about taking a month off to just get away.

"Brian, you know neither of us could be away from the kids that long."

"Yes, I do know that. I think two weeks would be perfect. Where do you want to go?

"I don't care. When are we going?"

"Well, what do you say to sometime in May?

"The end of May might work. I think if we go right after school, maybe Lindsay could take Gus at least a week of it and Ronni will be back by then. I guess I just have a hard time looking beyond March."

"And that is what you need to focus on. Do you still want to stay at Dad's at the beginning?"

"I can't be around the kids. I won't be able to function for a while so if he doesn't mind, I would love to stay there. He has such a calming personality."

"Of course he wants you there."

 

The party was in full swing. Ted and Blake were out on the dance floor mingling with the attendees and Kevin watched his new friend mingling, the policeman, chatting with different clusters.

"Kevin," a voice from the hall called him from the hall. He didn't recognize the voice but there were a lot of people helping tonight. He walked out the door and immediately was grabbed and dragged into a far corner of a nearby room. "This is your last warning. Close this place now or someone is going to get hurt worse than you are."  

As Kevin felt the first blow, he heard someone else calling his name but the voice sounded so far away as he slipped into blackness and whoever had hit him slipped away.

 

After Em had greeted James with his bow on they made love in the kitchen and then they sat down to eat a candlelit dinner. It had been the first totally relaxing meal they had eaten in a long while. "Now that Mom is starting to feel better, we are going to have date night at least a couple times a month."

"Oh, James, I love that idea. Do you think Ronni will be willing to do that?"

"Emmett, there may be a day we have to tell her to stop coming over so much. That is her granddaughter. You and I both spent a lot of time with our grandparents."

Em reached across the table and traced James' jaw, "She is a very lucky girl. Her dads are crazy about her and his grandmother loves her so much she nearly died for her."

"Has your dad booked a trip yet?"

"He hasn't, but he has shown interest. I think he'll come once it warms up a bit." Em stood up and reached out for James. "I have a dessert made for bed. It's all sweet and sticky."

"You're sweet and give me a few minutes and you will be sticky," James said as he jerked Em against him and kissed him deeply as he reached down and stroked him."

"Hell, who needs chocolate?" Em said as he pulled James to the bedroom.

 

Justin and Brian lay in bed. There was a scattered number of toys beside the bed but right now, they just lay there, exhausted and content. It was nearing midnight and they had lost track of how many times they had cum. Some of their love making was fast and hard and some was slow and sensual.  

Justin propped himself up on an elbow and looked at Brian, "Will you promise me something?"

"What, Sunshine?"

"If anything happens to me, you will...:"

"Nothing is going to happen to you!" Brian said gruffly.

Justin reached over and touched Brian's cheek, "You will need someone to raise the kids with.  Promise me you will find someone to love you like I do."

"No one could ever love me like you."

"Just say you won't stay alone."

Brian couldn't respond. Instead he turned his back to Justin and positioned his top leg so he was exposed. Justin wasn't going to push it, not right now. He positioned himself and slipped very slowly into Brian. When he had completely entered him he whispered into Brian's ear. "Just know, I want you to do what you need to do to be you. I love you, Brian." And after saying those words he began to move slowly but hard, slamming into him over and over until they cried out together and then both fell into a deep sleep.

 

"Kevin, can you hear me? Come on, buddy." Ted was gently patting his cheek when his eyes fluttered open.

"Just lay still, Kevin," Blake said from about a foot away. "We have help on its way."

"I'm fine, really. Just help me onto that chair." Blake and Ted helped Kevin onto the nearby chair.

"What happened?" Kevin heard the officer he spoke to earlier in the night ask.

"Do you think I could have a couple minutes? I need to collect my thoughts and then I will tell you everything I can remember."