- Text Size +

 

"I'm sorry, I forgot your name." Kevin said to the police officer.

"It's John. Can you remember what happened?"

"I heard someone in the hall calling me out, but as soon as I stepped into the hall, someone pulled me into this room." Kevin looked and realized who was standing around him. Blake, please take Ted back into the gathering. I don't want anyone to come looking for all of us." Blake and Ted looked at him but started to move toward the door. "And Ted, please don't call my son.  They need tonight." 

"I won't, Kevin. We'll check on you in a bit." Ted and Blake walked out of the room.

"John, I recognized the voice but I can't place it."

"Kevin, was it an older voice or a younger voice?"

"It wasn't one of the young kids but it wasn't someone older. I don't know how he got in. John, can you check with the outside patrol?"

"Are you okay, alone?"

"I'll be fine. I'll stay here."

"I'll send someone in to stay with you."

"I'm..."

"Kevin, someone just attacked you. I don't think you are up to fending someone off if they return." John walked out and one of the counselors that was attending the event came in and sat with him. John came back about ten minutes later. "Well, they did see someone run off. One of the security guys is reviewing the camera footage now. They felt the guy was late 20s or early 30s which fits what you said. Hopefully, he didn't notice the cameras."

"I want to go look at the footage." 

"I think you should go home and..."

"I am not going anywhere before I look at this."

Blake and Ted walked back into the room. "We are closing up for the night. Those that live off campus are being escorted to different areas of the city and those that live here have gone to the dorms." Blake filled Kevin in.

"How are you, Kevin?" Ted asked. "Would you like us to take you to Urgent Care?"

"No, I have a headache but I'm fine. I just want to get to my office so I can see the footage from the cameras." Ted walked over and helped him to his feet, letting him lean on him a little as they walked down the hall. The more steps he took the less shaky he got. He slipped behind his desk and started the computer and found the still shots he had been sent.  

"This has to be him but I didn't see him and, if I'm not mistaken, he knew where the original cameras were but he didn't know about the ones we added later." Kevin looked up at John, who was standing opposite of the chair he sat on. "John, I know you haven't been a part of the investigation but because he seems to know where some of the cameras are but not all, could he have worked for the construction crew that did the renovations?"

"That is a great thought," Carl said from the doorway. He walked over to Kevin, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Carl. You didn't need to leave your lovely wife on Valentine's Day."

"We were just heading home when I got the call. I dropped Debbie at the house and promised I would be back in 30 minutes." He raised his eyebrows a couple times."

Kevin smiled, "I'm fine and I doubt there is anything that can be done tonight. Can you tell the detective about my thoughts in the morning?"

"I will, Kevin."

"I know they looked at some of the guys from the contractor's crew, but I think they need to dig a little deeper. The guy was strong enough to drag me easily. Oh, and I think he was a little shorter than me. When I think about the angle he grabbed me and hit me, he was shorter than me. I would say somewhere between 5'10" and 6'."

"You're good at this, Kevin."

"I am used to being observant. It's part of my job."

"Kevin, why don't you let me drive you home?" Carl asked.

"Carl, we'll get him home safely and we'll stay just in case he feels worse."

"You really don't..." Kevin started.

"I'd lose my job if I didn't take care of you. Brian's already going to be pissed when he finds out I didn't call him." Ted smiled at Kevin.  

"Hey, Teddy, why don't you pull the car up close while I make sure everything is set here and we'll be out in a couple minutes." Ted kissed Blake and then walked out. Blake escorted Carl and John to the door and made sure everything was locked up before walking out to the car with Kevin.

 

James and Emmett lay in bed facing each other with their daughter between them. They had an amazing evening making love and romancing each other but now they felt more complete then they had when James was buried deep in Em. "We should put her in her bed," Em said softly, not wanting to wake her up.

James bent his head and kissed her forehead. "I was so worried I wouldn't know how to love her. Now I wonder if I love her too much." 

Emmett picked her up and, after kissing her warm cheek, he laid her down gently in the bassinet next to the bed. He then moved into James' waiting arms and he pulled him close. "Life really couldn't be better, could it?"

James kissed his neck, "It is perfect. Everything's perfect."

 

Justin woke early. He kept his eyes closed. He knew it would be one of those days. Lately it was ‘one of those days' far too often. As much as he didn't want to go through the recovery after the  surgery, if it helped him function, he would do anything. He slipped out of bed and slipped into the bathroom and shut the door. He didn't turn on the lights. It would just make him feel worse.  He filled the tub with water and poured some of the essential oils in it, hoping it would curb the worst of the pain. He didn't want to take the heavy duty pain killers or he would be out for the day. He sank into the hot water and laid his head back against the cushioned lip of the tub. 

He wasn't sure how long he had laid there when he felt hands on his head, gently rubbing his temples. Brian kissed his head but didn't say anything. Justin relaxed as Brian massaged the spots that seemed to help his pain. 

After several minutes Justin reached up and took his hands. "Join me?"

Softly Brian responded, "I don't have to if you need to be alone."

"Let's be alone together." Justin said and slid forward so Brian could enter behind him and he felt Brian's arms come around him. They laid there together in the heated water for half an hour more not saying a word. 

Finally, Brian said softly, "The sun is up and I am guessing our breakfast will be here very soon."

"You go eat. I'll get out and dry off after you get out."

"You need to try to eat something." Brian hated when he had days like this and he felt guilty because all their activity last night didn't help, he was sure.

"I'll eat a little something." By now Brian had gotten out and he offered his hand to Justin who reluctantly got out, knowing Brian wouldn't leave without him now. Brian helped him dry off and then slid a robe over his shoulders. Brian brought breakfast in from the hall and put some toast and a little jam on it and then passed it onto Justin along with a cup of hot tea.

Mornings like this had become very common. Brian filled a plate for himself and sat down next to him and just waited for Justin to talk. He hadn't told Justin yet but he had taken off the first two weeks of March so he could be with him. Even if all he could do was look at him, he wanted to be there.

"Brian can you get me my medication? It just isn't relenting."

"Of course, Sunshine." Brian came back with a couple pills. Justin picked up one but Brian moved his hand closer to him and he picked up the second one. "Gus isn't going to be around so he won't be worried. You can stay on the sectional and if you are up to it you can play with Aaron and Jessi a bit. I think Ronni is going to be here for a couple hours, too. You know if you don't stay on top of it, it will only get worse."

Justin lay down, putting his head in Brian's lap. "Just let me shut my eyes for a few minutes.  Then we can head home."

Brian ran his fingers through Justin's hair. He knew there was risk with every surgery but they had been assured that although it was a risky procedure, he didn't expect any problems and it should take care of the severe headaches. Brian had checked other doctors throughout the country and he had been assured Justin's was one of the best. He looked down at Justin's face and saw it was relaxed. The medication had worked on the pain, but he was also going to be out of it. Brian smiled. Sometimes it reminded him of when he first met him and he would get drunk. He was so young and inexperienced and yet Brian knew Justin was what he needed. When he had been told Justin had died, it crushed him, but soon, maybe just wishful thinking, he ‘felt' him. He was sure Justin was still with him. He was so obsessed at one point he actually wondered if he was going mad.

As Justin stirred, he smiled up at Brian. "What time is it?"

"About 10:00."

"What time do we have to leave?"

"In an hour."

Before Brian realized he had done it, Justin had unzipped his fly and taken him into his warm, greedy mouth. Brian sucked in a deep breath as Justin brought him to the edge and then over it. Brian cried out as Justin's tongue continued to work its magic. Finally Justin sat up and grinned at Brian. "I needed a good nourishing breakfast."

Brian smiled, "I think you are a little high on painkillers, not that I am complaining." Brian kissed him. "Let's head home. We can have lunch with the kids and we both know you will crash mid-afternoon."

"I'm sorry, Brian. I am such a burden on you."

Brian was standing near him and took both his shoulders, looking him straight in the eyes, "Sunshine, none of this is your fault. It is Hobbs and your father's fault." Brian kissed him. "Let's go home." 

Brian carried their bags out with Justin on his arm. He had just thrown the bags in back and was helping Justin into his seat when his cell phone went off. He read it as he walked around the outside of the car and then got in. "Change of plans if you think you are up to it."

Justin smiled at him, "What's up?" His words slurred a bit.

"Never mind. I need to get you home."

"Bri, what is it?"

"My dad was attacked last night. Ted says he's fine, though."

"Tell Ted to drive him to our place. The kids would love to see him and we can keep an eye on him."

"Even high you are smarter than I am." Brian kissed him quickly and then called Kevin's phone.

"Son, I am fine. I have a small bump on my head and it gave us a lead as to who might be behind all this."

"Dad, let Ted drive you out here. Aaron and Jessi would love to see you and if you stay until Gus gets back I am sure Lindsay would drive you back. If not, we will drive you back tomorrow.  You'd be helping us out too. Justin had to take his pain meds today so he'll need to relax."

"Alright, I don't believe all of that but I'd love to see the kids."

"We'll see you in about half an hour."

"Love you, Brian. Thank you for the invitation."

"I love you, too, Dad. You know you are always welcome."

 

An hour later, Aaron was on Kevin's lap while Jessi sat in the high chair between Brian and Justin. Kevin was telling Brian and Justin about the attack. "Thankfully, he was scared off before he could hit me again and I have a bit of a memory of the guy. I can't be sure but I think he worked on the renovation crew. He was built like someone in construction and he knew things about the building."

"I'm just glad you weren't hurt worse," Justin said and patted his shoulder.  

Both Brian and Kevin noticed Justin was slurring his words a bit. "Sunshine, I think you need to lay down soon. You're getting tired aren't you?"

"Let me help put the kids down and then I'll lay down."

"Daddy, sleep with me?" Aaron said. 

"If you promise to sleep we can sleep in Gus' bed together."

"Yeah!" Aaron shouted and Justin cringed a bit. 

"Hey, bud, your daddy's head hurts a little. How about we use our soft voices?" Kevin snuggled him close and kissed the boy's head.

Aaron looked at Justin  "Sorry, Daddy," he said softly. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Aaron."

"Dada, up." Jessi said, reaching out to Justin.

"Come here, sweetie," Brian lifted their daughter out of her chair. "Let's get those sticky hands washed off." Brian carried her to the kitchen sink and set her on the counter and started the water so she could hold them under the flowing water. She giggled when Brian flicked just a couple of drops of water on her. She then reached over and caught the water just right, sending a shower of water over Brian. Brian scooped her up and held her tight. "You silly girl. I love you so much." Her arms went around his neck and she gave him a sloppy kiss on the lips. 

"Dada." Her voice was filled with love.

"Let's get you down for a nap and Grandpa will be here when you wake up." The three men and two little ones went upstairs. Justin and Aaron laid down on Gus' bed. Kevin kissed both of them and then crossed the hall and kissed Jessi before Brian and Kevin closed the door to the nursery. Brian hugged his father as he felt tears well up in his eyes.

"Brian, is something wrong?"

"Dad, I never knew life could be like this. Damn, that little girl in there is going to get away with murder. That look of total trust she gives me and her personality is already flooding out of her, and sweet Aaron, he immediately felt bad for Sunshine. And you, here, loving them..."

Kevin pulled Brian into his embrace. "I am so sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed me."

"That was not your fault. And you are here now." Brian stepped back. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good. I told you I was fine."

"Are they going to set up more security?"

"I don't want them to but of course it is not just up to me."

"But Dad..."

"Adding security is just what most of our clients try to stay away from. I don't want this person to actually affect what we are trying to do here."

"What can we do then?"

"Well, I'm praying. And the detective is checking if any of the workmen has a connection to someone in our community."

"If I can do anything..."

"I know, Brian. Now, I'm not going to nap but how about we make some coffee and sit by the fire." Brian nodded and draped an arm over his father's shoulders as they walked downstairs.

After making coffee, Brian and Kevin sat at the corner of the sectional in front of the fire. "Brian,I know how worried you are about Justin but there is no way that young man will leave you, leave his kids."

"I know. It will be a rough few weeks. Are you sure you don't mind if we stay at your place for a couple weeks?"

"We? I thought it would just be Justin, not that I care."

"I know I need to see my kids every day but I am thinking, at least some of the nights I will come back to be with Justin."

"That sounds like a good plan. I know surgery can change someone's mood."

Brian had to laugh, "I know you can handle it, but Justin's demeanor will definitely change. He will definitely have days when he will crawl into his own place and then we just have to play it by ear whether it is time to push him or hold him. Jenn will be spending some days with him."

"Brian, we will all work together. If you want me to sleep here some nights I can, too."

Charly came into the house and started dinner while Brian ran down to James and Emmett's place to talk to him about security and Kevin closed his eyes for a few minutes.

 

Justin opened his eyes to find Aaron watching him. "Daddy," Aaron said quietly and then he kissed his cheek. "Daddy, head hurt?"

"Not right now, my love." Justin looked into eyes, so like his own and pulled the boy to him. The little boy snuggled up to him.

"Daddy, love you."

"Oh, I love you, too." Aaron tilted his face to Justin who kissed him. Justin softly said, "You are such a sweetheart." They laid together for a few more minutes. 

"Can we get up, Daddy? I sleep enough? Can I find Papa?"

Justin smiled, "Yes, just go down the steps on your bottom so you don't fall."

"K, Daddy," Aaron slipped off the bed and opened the door to the hall.  

Justin sat up. He felt like he had a bit of a hangover but it wasn't very painful. He stood up and walked over to the nursery where he found Jessi playing in her crib.

"Dada!" she smiled over at him.

"Come here, love."

 

Brian arrived back at the house and Kevin was giving Aaron a little snack Charly had gotten for him. He waved at them and then moved upstairs. The door to the boys room was standing open so Brian moved on to the nursery. Justin was changing Jessi's diaper when he walked in. He moved up behind him and placed his hand on either side of Justin, resting on the changing table. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I drank too much last night. I'm left with a slight headache but not the kind that holds me prisoner." He tilted his head giving Brian access to his neck. 

"I'm glad you feel better. I dropped in to talk to James and invited them to join us for dinner. And since they were coming I asked Ronni and Dante, too, and J Jay. If you aren't up to it I can call..."

"No, that's fine. They will understand if I am quiet and I enjoy their company and would love to see Amelia. What are we having?"

"Charly is throwing together some pasta and a couple sauces. Connor is making a salad and Ronni said she had all kinds of ice cream in the freezer from pregnancy craving that she would bring so she could get rid of it."      

"Well, we obviously have plenty to eat." Justin lifted Jessi off the changing table and Brian took her from him. "You did see Aaron downstairs, didn't you?"

"Yes, Dad was giving him a snack."

"Is Kevin still doing Ok?"

"Ya, other than the slight bruise, he is just fine." 

"Well, I think this child is ready for a snack, considering she is gnawing on your shirt collar." Justin said, pulling the material out of her mouth.

 

The evening was full of friends and fun. James and Emmett were closer than ever and Ronni spent most of the night snuggling her granddaughter when she could get her away from Dante. As the evening went on Aaron climbed onto Brian's lap. "Hey, bud, what's up?"

"I miss Gus. He come home tonight?" Aaron asked.

"Gus will be back tomorrow. But we are lucky to have Grandpa here."

"Papa sleep in my room?"

"Is that an offer, Aaron?" He saw the confusion on Aaron's face. "Would you like me to sleep in Gus' bed?" Aaron nodded rapidly. "I would gladly sleep in your room." Aaron scrambled from Brian's lap to Kevin's.

Justin managed to get to hold Amelia when Dante insisted Ronni go home. He was leaving town on business in the morning and wanted a little time with her alone. After Charly, Connor, and Shadow started the dishwasher, they left.  

J.Jay hadn't said more than thank you all night but he still hung out for some time. Eventually he got up and put on his jacket. Justin walked over to him and put his arm around his shoulders.  "Is everything alright, J.Jay? You're not sorry you came up here, are you?"

"No, not at all," he said softly. "I haven't had a home like this, well, ever." To Justin's surprise, J.Jay hugged him and then he ran out the door.

Brian walked over and placed his arm around Justin's waist, "What was that all about?" 

"I don't know what his childhood was like, but I can tell you it wasn't good. He feels at home here."

Brian kissed him, "You make a home for anyone you meet."

"I just can't see people like J.Jay floundering because others don't understand them. I'm glad he feels at home." Justin walked over to Kevin who held a fussy Jessi. "Let me have her, Dad. I think she and I are ready for bed."

"I'll get her bottle ready," Brian said. Moments later Brian handed him her bottle. "We'll bring Aaron up in a little bit."

"Don't be long. You know I hate to sleep alone." Justin kissed Brian's cheek.

"I won't be long, I promise."

Half an hour later, Brian walked into the bedroom. Justin was obviously asleep, so Brian silently undressed and got in bed, trying not to disturb him but as soon as his head rested on the pillow, Justin rolled over and into his arms. "Goodnight, Sunshine."

"Love you, Brian."

 

It was about 4:00 am when there was a knock on the bedroom door. "What the hell?" Brian said.  "Come in."

"What is it Brian?" Justin sat up. 

"Sorry, guys, but I thought you would want to know. "Sally and Brandy had their baby about an hour ago." Kevin's excitement was obvious. "Now I have two grandsons and two granddaughters!" 

Brian got out of bed and patted Kevin on the back. "When are you leaving?"

"I don't think I can leave right now. Until we get the situation and Legacy solved, I won't leave."

"Well, then we need to get this solved because my sisters will kill me if you don't get down there in the next month."

Justin laid back down, "Oh, Justin, I shouldn't have come in. You need your sleep."

"Of course you should have told us. This is excitement for the whole family! I'm afraid I just can't show my enthusiasm right now."

Kevin walked over and kissed Justin, pulling the blanket up to his chin. "We will do a video call tomorrow so we can see all of them."

"I can't wait," Justin said as he drifted off again.

"Dad, if you don't want to sleep with Aaron, he'll never know."

"I don't mind at all. He is such a sweetheart." Kevin smiled at Brian.

"He is truly Justin's blood." Brian smiled as he got back in bed and Kevin closed the door behind him.

 

The next day was relaxing and exciting. They had texted Brandy and set up a video call for 3:00 so Gus would be home to join them. When Gus arrived just before 3:00 he was so excited to hear about his new cousin. They were going to give Kevin and the girls a few minutes alone before the rest of them joined in. 

Lindsay was going to drive Kevin back to the city after dinner but while the call was going on she went to visit Emmett and James. She hadn't seen Amelia much yet and that way she wouldn't be in the way when the video call was going on.

Kevin was choked up as soon as he saw Sally, Brandy, and the baby. "Oh, girls, she is so beautiful."

"Father Kev, we wish you could be here but we understand. Will you come soon?"

"I will. It might be a couple months. Justin's surgery is coming up soon and I want to be sure everything is going well before I will come down."

"We understand, Kev. This little girl is strong and healthy. You are welcome to come any time."

That was the end of the private conversation. Gus and Aaron rushed in and Brian and Justin came in with Jessi in Brian's arms and everyone saw a great view of the baby.

"What did you name her?" Justin asked.

"Oh, I didn't even think to ask. She was so beautiful," Kevin smiled.

"Well, we talked about names for a long time and it kept coming back to the same name. Father Kevin, her name is Kelin Cae. We couldn't name her Kevin Cain." Sally smiled as she saw tears run down Kevin's cheeks.

"Oh, girls, I am so honored."

They chatted a few more minutes before Kelin started fussing and a nurse walked into their room. They all said goodbye.

Justin put an arm around Kevin. "That was really sweet of them and well deserved."

"The only thing that would make my life perfect is if we could solve the issue at Legacy."

 

After an early dinner, after a long goodbye with everyone, Kevin and Lindsay headed back to the city while Brian and Justin bathed the kids and got them ready for an early night. They watched a favorite movie and then it was time to put the kids to bed.

Brian and Justin got in bed and Brian turned to face him. "Are you up to ...."

Justin straddled Brian and leaned over to kiss him. He then started moving his mouth along Brian's collar bone and then started to move slowly down Brian's' chest. As he moved downward, Justin felt Brian's erect cock. After a little positioning, Justin slid down onto the rigid phallus. As he moved up and down slowly, Justin went into what almost seemed like a trance.  Brian laced his fingers with Justin's and when Justin climaxed, contracting around Brian, they tumbled into bliss together.