- Text Size +

 

The next two weeks were a flurry of activity. Kevin and Blake started training their staff. They were spending two weeks setting standards on what they expected from the staff hired. All of their employees had been interviewed thoroughly and they felt sure all of them were a good fit for the kids and young adults they would see regularly.

The remodeling started at Brian's childhood home where Kevin would be moving soon. Kevin wanted to be in the city before they opened so he would be close to the center for emergencies, especially after the fire earlier.  

Lindsay moved into her apartment and had been offered the job she had interviewed for. Gus was very excited that he could see his mom at least once a week but he also seemed happy that his normal life had returned. 

Brian and Justin hired another nanny. Gabbi had just graduated with a BA in early childhood development and she would be entering graduate school in the fall, so she was thrilled to get a job working with children in the meantime. She only lived a few miles away and, unlike the rest of the staff, Gabbi had a set schedule. She worked Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm one week and Tuesday through Saturday the next week but she let them know she was free for more hours if needed.

Ronni was on complete bed rest. Her due date was February 14 but she was expected to deliver by the end of January. James and Emmett were getting very excited about parenthood but they worried about Ronni's health also. Within a couple weeks their daughter would be here and Ronni would be able to return to her active life.

 

Justin had gone to the neurologist and after a week of waiting he received a call from the doctor's office. Justin called Brian at the office, "Hey, Sunshine, what's up?"

"Can you clear your schedule for 1:00 today?"

"Ya, I just have a meeting in the office that I can schedule earlier.  What is it?"

"I need you to meet me at the neurologist. The test results are back and he told me to bring you along." Justin's voice shuttered a bit.

"I'm on my way home. I don't want you driving. I can,"

"Brian, you don't need to do that. I..."

"Justin, stop. I am canceling my day. I want to drive you."

"Brian?"

"Yes, Sunshine," Brian responded softly,

"I'm scared."

"So am I, but we can do this together. I'll be home in about forty minutes."

Before Brian got in his car he texted his dad. ‘Call me ASAP' was all he messaged before driving off. Ten minutes later his phone rang. He glanced and saw it was Kevin.  "Dad, thanks for calling so quickly."

"I got the feeling it was important."

"Dad, you know I don't pray, but I know you do. Justin's results are in from the tests. I am on my way home so I can be with him."

"Oh, Son, I am already praying. I will make sure I get home early tonight. I can help out if you need extra hands. How has he been feeling?"

"You've been there, Dad. He doesn't ever complain."

"Son, take care of your love and I will be home by dinner time." There was a moment of silence and then Kevin said, "Call me if you need me. I love you."

"Thanks, Dad. I love you, too."

When Brian got home, Justin came out the door before Brian could get out of the car. "I don't care where we go but I can't just stay here."

"I can think of a way to distract you." Brian reached for his hand and brought it to his mouth. "You game."

"God, yes!  But not here! I need to go anywhere."

"Relax, Sunshine. Stressing will just create a headache. We have this. Whatever it is, we have this. Did you tell your mom?"

"No, I want to know what to tell her." Justin said as Brian turned on the blinker of the car. "Is this that little old bed and breakfast?"

"It is. I happen to know a couple guys just bought it and, well, they have added hourly rates and play rooms."

"Well," Justin smiled for the first time, "I have a feeling we will need to check this out another time but for now..."

"They will have a bed for us."

"How do you know about these guys?"

"They just hired Kinnetik for a fun campaign." Brian pulled the car into a spot. "Stay here. I'll be out in a few minutes." Five minutes later Brian came out with his cellphone in hand. He went to Justin's side of the car and opened the door, offering his hand. Justin took it and stepped out.  Brian led him to the side of the building to a door, once inside Brian used a code on his phone to gain access to a room inside the door. The room didn't have a bed but there were several surfaces perfect for sex.  

Brian stripped Justin and leaned him over an extra high sawhorse. Justin had to stand on his tiptoes to be comfortably draped over the top and he was fairly unstable but it just added to the thrill when Brian entered him. Justin had no time to think of anything other than what Brian was doing to his body and then, when he shouted, losing his load, Brian followed. 

Brian glanced at his watch and pushed Justin against another apparatus, this time facing out, and quickly had Justin grab the straps as he took Justin's cock into his mouth and it didn't take Brian long to have him fully erect again. And then he gave into Brian's skill and when he stood Justin collapsed into his arms. 

After a couple minutes they went into the bathroom and they cleaned up quickly before dressing and walking out to the car. Brian opened Justin's door and then wrapped his strong arms around him. They kissed for a few moments then Brian said softly, "Whatever it is, we will deal with it."

Justin nodded and got in the car. Brian got in behind the wheel and they talked about Ronni and the staff the remainder of the drive. They stayed away from talking about the kids. Brian knew that was what Justin was thinking about the most. Family was everything. 

Brian pulled into the parking lot and they entered the office together. After a short wait, they were escorted into the doctor's office and were told the doctor would join them in about five minutes.  

Neither of them were talking. When the doctor walked in they instinctively reached for the other's hand. "Gentlemen, it is nice to see you again. I hope all is well with your family."

"You tell us, doc," Brian said sardonically. 

"Just tell us my options so we can talk it over." Justin moved his chair a little closer to Brian's.

"I first want to say, you are young and strong. You should heal successfully."

"Heal from what?" Brian asked.

"The first option is to do nothing right now. You will probably continue to have an increasing number of headaches and the severity will probably increase. You don't take painkillers daily so we could add that."

"That sounds like a poor option." Brian looked at Justin, "What would give him the best results for a lifetime."

"There are really two options, both include surgery. The first is less invasive but also less effective. Look at this," He turned screens on and an image of Justin's head appeared. We see two areas where there seems to be an issue." He pointed at an area. "This would include surgery, opening the skull in a very small area right here," the doctor pointed at a spot that showed a white spot. "That is a bone spur that is pressing inward. That must go sometime in the next year."

"But? There's more, right?" Brian looked at the screen. "I see that other area that looks different."

"That first area I pointed out, that is what is probably causing a lot of your pain right now, but you're right, Brian, there is this bigger area that at the moment isn't as inflamed but is most likely going to get worse."

"Most likely? So it might not do anything?" Justin asked.

"Justin, I can't say 100%, but I would say the likelihood of it progressing in the next three to five years is highly likely."

"So what is your suggestion?" Brian said flatly.

"I suggest, Justin, you have the more invasive one. Yes, it has some dangers, but if nothing is done, it will get progressively worse."

"And if I go for the major surgery, what could go wrong?" Justin leaned even closer to Brian and Brian wrapped his arm around him.

"Justin, we will be operating millimeters from your brain. Of course there is danger, however, we know what we are doing."

"You didn't answer my question but you don't have to. I know the threat. How about recovery? What should I expect?"

"It will probably be about a month of total down time and then another month of light duty."

"Well, that answers that. I don't have two months to do nothing. Brian has started a philanthropic venture with family and friends. I have to be..."

Brian put his hand on Justin's knee. "You come first, Sunshine."

"If I waited until April, would it hurt me?"

"I don't think it would cause any more damage, but I do think you will have more pain as time goes on."

Justin stood, "We'll call you later this week." Justin looked at Brian, "You coming?"

Brian looked at the doctor, "Anything else I need to know?"

"A couple months is Ok, but more than that the pain will become unbearable."

"Put him in early April. We'll be in contact." And Brian followed Justin into the hall.

 

Justin was waiting at the car.  "I'm driving," he said and held his hand up for the keys. Brian opened his mouth but closed it again and threw him the keys and then got in. Justin backed up and then drove carefully out of the parking lot. He slowly gained speed and the second he was on the freeway he floored it. Brian tried to figure out where Justin was headed as he went faster and faster.

"Sunshine, can you..."

"Fuck you, Brian. Shut up." 

Brian didn't say anything else for more than 15 minutes. He watched the road and Justin's face.  When he saw a tear slip down Justin's cheek he softly said, "Pull over, Sunshine." He left off the gas and at the next exit he coasted off the freeway and fortunately there was a park he could pull into and then he dropped his head onto the steering wheel and sobbed.

"It's not fuckin' fair! I have worked so hard. I just don't know if I can..."

Brian got out of the passenger and walked around the car to the driver's side. He opened the door and took Justin in his arms. Justin wrapped his arms so tightly around Brian's neck so tightly he could barely breathe. Brian lifted Justin out of the seat and managed to get them both in the backseat. They half sat, half laid back there and Brian held Justin, crying right along with him. Justin was right. He had gone through so much. It wasn't fair, but this time he wouldn't leave his side. He would never leave him alone.

A half hour later Brian drove them home. Justin lay in the back seat where he had fallen asleep in Brian's arms. They arrived home and went up to the studio. Justin washed his face and then crossed the studio to Brian who was staring out the window. He turned when he heard Justin approach and pulled him close. "Feeling a little better."

"I'm sorry about earlier. You didn't deserve that."

"Justin, you told me to fuck off. There is nothing to be sorry for." Brian couldn't stop himself from kissing Justin's head where he knew the injury was. "You know it is totally your choice what surgery you have."

"Brian, I can't be down for two months. We have three kids. I am starting a new business.  You're starting a new business. I just don't see..."

"Sunshine, can you spend that time in severe pain or high on painkillers? What good are you to our kids then? We have staff. I know that isn't the same but I am sure your mom will help. If you wait a little bit, Ronni will be back and Gabbi can stay an extra month or two." Brian tilted Justin's head a bit so they could see eye to eye. "I can't stand to see you in pain like that. You are right, it isn't fair. There is nothing fucking fair about this, and knowing Hobbs is out there, and your father is out there..."

"I know you're right, but I don't think I should be here, at least not for a while. I don't want them to see me struggle. Maybe Lindsay will be able to take Gus."

"Sunshine, Gus will hate that. You know he doesn't want to switch his routine and he has to stay here for school. But, we don't have to decide today. I told the doctor to schedule it in April.  Maybe we can do it around Gus' spring break and then it would make sense for him to go to Lindsay's for a week." Brian pulled Justin close and kissed him slowly. His tongue slid in and out of Justin's mouth, encountering Justin's, doing a slow dance as Justin melted against Brian. 

When Brian slowly moved away he said, "We are going to do this together. If I could take your place you know I would, but you will never be alone. I promise. You won't wake up by yourself."

Justin took a deep breath and nodded. Softly he said, "It's time to go love our kids. Dinner will be ready shortly and I am sure Charly saw us come home."

Before Brian could respond there was a knock on the door. Brian walked over and looked to see who it was. He opened it all the way when he saw it was James. "I don't mean to bother you but Charly was worried about you."

"We were just coming down." Justin said as he smiled at their friend.

"Is everything alright?"

Brian started to speak but Justin stopped him. "I am fine right now. I will need surgery sometime, but we are focusing on your mom right now."

"Oh ya, we are taking her in tomorrow and she will probably not come home. They expect her to deliver in the next week so they want her there. I don't know if I know how to be a dad."

Brian put his hand on James' shoulder. "You'll know. You are great with our kids and you and Em will love her and that's what is most important. And you know Ronni will be there."

"Now you go home and make love uninterrupted and then sleep soundly before you don't have time to do either." Justin walked over and kissed James' cheek. "Let us know if we can do anything for you."

"Thank you. Both of you are just amazing. I know you have more to tell us but if it can wait... Just make sure you tell us if you need something. I still work for you."

"Not right now you don't. As of today you are on leave until that baby is home safely."

James went down the steps and Brian and Justin followed him. Justin walked into the family room and after kissing his boys, who were playing with Gabbi, and picking up Jessi, he walked over to Charly and gave her a one armed hug. "I'm good for now. We'll talk later."

"I didn't want to impose but you had been up there a while and..."

"You're fine. We have a baby to bring home next week and then we'll explain more. Is Connor around?"

"He is at the barn. He is taking over the security for Britin tonight for a couple weeks. Gabbi said she was willing to stay a little later when we need her so everything should work out." 

Gabbi said goodbye as the family sat down to eat. "Charly, you go home, taking food for the three of you. I'll straighten up."

"I'll go if you promise not to clean everything up."

"I promise. I'll put the food away and the dishes in the sink." Justin said as he waved her out and then put some more food on Aaron's tray. The rest of the evening, Brian and Justin played with their kids and then got them ready for bed and all five piled into Gus' bed for stories. By the time the story was finished Jessi was asleep in Justin's arms and Aaron was curled up against Gus.  Brian picked Aaron up and put him in his toddler bed on the other side of the room while Justin helped Gus tuck in and then together, Brian and Justin crossed the hall to the nursery and Justin put Jessi in her crib. He leaned back knowing Brian would be there to catch him. Brian's arms came around him and together they watched their little girl for a few minutes.

"Let's go to bed, Sunshine."

Together they entered their room and silently got ready for bed. Once they were in bed, Justin said, "Ronni will have a baby within a week. I am guessing she won't be down long. She will start coming back to work early March. After my surgery I was thinking, maybe I could stay at Kevin's. He is already living in town more than here and the remodeling will be done by then. I can stay in your old room. It will be quiet and dark. The location would be good for my mom to spend time here. Maybe after a couple weeks I could come back here."

"If you are staying in the city, so am I, at least part of the time."

"Oh, and I was thinking about J.Jay."

"Who is J.Jay? Do I need to be jealous?"

"J.Jay's the artist that was painting that mural in Atlanta."

"Oh, ya, I remember now. I knew it sounded familiar. What made you think of J.Jay?"

"I have just signed on a couple of these new artists and I have three more that are interested. So, I have to cover my commitment, and I think she might be interested in coming up to do her own work, but then she could help with the communications between the artists. I don't want to shut it down so soon after starting it."

"Whatever you want, Sunshine. I know you got to know J.Jay a lot better than I did but I trust your judgment. Maybe until the barn is livable, the studio will work for her to live?"

"That's what I was thinking. Jeff is about done with the renovations at the house. Do you think he could get the plumbing and electrical into the barn? Once that is in I think Connor and Charly can get it livable soon. They are focusing on the section that was already partly livable so if the rest fixtures are there they can expand slowly."

Brian pulled Justin into his arms. "Sunshine, stop thinking so much. This will work out. And remember what the doctor said. The new painkillers are a lot stronger and should take care of even your headaches."

"Yes, it will also keep me from functioning. I can't take it if I have the kids with me."

Brian kissed him, "Sleep, love. We will get it all to work out. We have plenty of time."   

 

Justin contacted his mom and let her know he would be having surgery. Of course she was worried but she was also hoping this would take care of the pain he had daily. She offered to help in any way she could. Justin had thanked her but he wasn't sure his mother was the best choice. He knew he wouldn't be pleasant to be around and his mother would hover too much. And he had called J.Jay in Atlanta. The move was set for early March. That would give him time to complete training before the surgery.  

It was Friday night when James and Emmett were visiting Ronni at the hospital when labor began. Dante had canceled all his work trips until further notice and he stayed by her side as the pain increased. James and Em were in and out of the room. About midnight, Em walked in the room. Ronni was getting a couple minutes of rest and Dante had his head resting on her arm.

"Dante, why don't you go get something to eat, take a little break. James was making a phone call and was then going to get something to eat. I'll stay here with Ronni."

"Thanks, Em. Ronni?"

"Go, Dante. Em will keep me company."

"And if anything changes, I'll text you." Em said walking to Ronni's other side.

Dante bent and kissed his wife. "I will be back soon, Veronica. I love you, darling." 

Once Dante had left, Em sat in a chair next to the bed. She had a contraction and Em talked calmly as she went through it. When it was over she relaxed a bit. "Do you want to try to sleep again?"

"No, Em, but could I have some of those ice chips?"

Em helped her with the ice and then took her hand. "Ronni, I know this is all going to speed up soon and I just want to say, how much I admire you for doing this for us. I never thought I would be able to be a father. Not only am I going to be a father to my biological daughter but she is biologically part of the man I love, too. I will never be able to thank you for this."

"Emmett, as long as you keep loving my son and your daughter, the only thing you owe me is time to spoil her." As she finished the sentence she cried out. "Oh, Emmett, this is different. Get the nurse.  NOW!"         

Em pushed the call button and ran out the door where he saw people already moving toward them. "Ronni," the nurse said, "What has changed?"

"I feel like something is ripping inside me."

"The doctor is on her way. This little one's heartbeat has dropped. Has your husband been called?"

"He is on his way from the lunch room," Emmett offered.

"Well, it is a good thing you had an epidural a bit ago because we are going to need to do a C-section."

"I'll go..." Em started.

"Emmett wait." Ronni saw her doctor walk in as she cried out again. "I know this is dangerous for both me and the baby. I don't want Dante or James in here. If anything happens to me..."

Moments later the cloth had been draped over her belly and the incision was being made. They had given Ronni something to calm her a bit. Emmett didn't want to look on the other side of the drape but he could see a lot of packing material that was full of blood. He was sure Ronni was looking paler as he held her hand. He could hear Dante and James outside. They were trying to get in. Why was this happening? This wasn't supposed to happen!

 

Brian and Justin were up with a fussy Jessi. "Come on, sweetheart, please stop crying." Brian walked back and forth trying to lull their daughter. "What is wrong?"

"Maybe she knows there will be a new baby on the premises soon." Justin took her from Brian.  "I think she has teeth coming in." He rubbed her gums, making her cry louder for a second but then she gnawed on his finger. "There are definitely teeth coming. Sweet Jessi, this is so unlike you." 

"I wish Ronni was here. She always has something to help with these things." Brian hated hearing her cry.

"I wonder how Ronni is doing?" Emmett had texted them earlier that she was in active labor.

Brian walked over and was going to take her again but Justin snapped, "No, just go to bed Brian. I will get her quieted down."

"Fine," Brian walked out of the nursery and went back to their room. He got in bed but he couldn't sleep. His mind went to the nursery. They hadn't ever had a huge blow up since they had gotten married. Well, they had argued but not enough to separate. He didn't mind a disagreement. They did a good job of working through it, and better yet, a good job at making up.  He thought back to his earlier life. He never wanted for sex but, damn, empty sex would never do it for him again. The connection between them made him soar everytime they made love. Normally, he wouldn't think again about Justin's sharp words, but his mind kept drifting back to finding Justin in that upstairs apartment that his father had nearly imprisoned him in. The lies Craig had told Justin had kept them apart, and it took Brian a long time to convince him he loved him. And then there was the rehab. Justin had gone through so much.

Brian realized it had been a while since he had heard anything in the house. Why didn't Justin come to bed? He waited another couple minutes and then got up and moved into the hall. He was turning toward the nursery but then noticed the door to the boys' room was open a bit.  Brian pushed it open far enough to slip through and there he found Justin standing in the middle of the room. He saw Justin repositioning himself, which let him know he was aware he had walked in. Brian walked up behind him and slipped his arms around his shoulders, gently pulling him back and kissing his neck, letting him know the words had been forgotten. 

After a few minutes Brian turned him around and guided him out of the room. When he had shut the door he looked down at his husband and saw his damp cheeks. "What is it, Sunshine?"  

Justin's arms went under Brian's and his hand rested on Brian's shoulders, pulling him close. Very softly he said, "I love you all so much and I am so scared that if something happens, I won't be around to... I can't go through rehab like that again. I just can't."

Brian guided Justin into their room and slipped Justin's robe off his shoulders and then threw both of their robes in a chair as they got in bed. Brian pulled him close and softly said, "You aren't going to do any of this alone."

"I keep going back to the pain. Can I take it again? I'm embarrassed I'm such a wimp."

"Sunshine, you deal with pain everyday. I can only hope this will be the end of it. I could never have dealt with this."

"Yes, you would have. You would have gone to work every day and drove Cynthia nuts but she loves you as much as I do so she would have stuck it out."

"I understand. You have every right to feel like this."

"I've now had my ‘pity me' moments. I am done. We both have a lot to do before my surgery. Is Legacy ready to open? No more threats?"

Brian talked softly about Legacy. Kevin and Blake were ready to open on Monday. They had completed the training of the staff and, best of all, there had been no more threats. Kevin was going to be living in Pittsburgh now. Brian assured Justin that Kevin would let him stay there.  Brian continued to ramble for a few more minutes until Justin was breathing deeply. Brian tightened his arms a bit and then drifted off himself.

 

Connor rolled off Charly, still breathing heavily. "Damn," he said softly. "That was beyond amazing."

"And soon we don't have to worry as much about Shadow being in the next  room."

"The barn is far from done, but since Brian and Justin are helping with the electoral and plumbing within the month we should be able to move in there."

"And with Shadow's room in the loft at the other end of the barn..." Charly flipped and straddled him. 

"I may need to take a daily nap," Connor said, reaching up and running his thumbs over her nipples. As Charly arched they both forgot about the conversation.

 

"Ok, Ronni, you are about to meet your granddaughter. You will feel a little tug and... shit." The doctor stopped talking to her, Emmett looked at his mother-in-law. Ronni's skin tone had gone gray and the staff had gone silent except for the doctor giving orders.  

Emmett felt as if he was in a dream. He saw one of the nurses break off from the rest carrying his daughter. She motioned him over. He hadn't expected to be here alone. James was supposed to be next to him. Dante was supposed to be standing next to a smiling Ronni. Emmett walked over to the table where his daughter was getting evaluated.

"Is she..."

"She seems perfect," the nurse smiled up at him. She noticed Emmett looking over at Ronni. "There is nothing you can do over there. The doctor is very good and they have called in..." the door opened and another doctor raced in, "a specialist."

Emmett touched their daughter's hand and then a foot, tears running down his cheek.  He could tell they were about to move her out of the room. "Where are they taking her?"

"Surgery," was all the nurse could say before they rushed her out the door. 

Em heard Dante's voice. It drifted off as he followed his wife. The room was so quiet now and then Em felt James near him. Em looked up at him and they kissed. "Can we..." Em said nodding toward the sofa on the opposite side of the room. 

"I will give you a little time. I will be back soon to finish up the exam." She smiled at the men, "Congratulations."

James took his daughter and kissed her cheek but then looked at Em and his eyes said it all, "Mom?"

"All I know is she was bleeding."

"Why couldn't we come in? Dante nearly hit a nurse."

"Your mom told them she didn't want you in. She didn't want you to focus on her and not," Em looked down at their child, "her." Em's arm went around James and the sleeping babe James brought to his chest. They walked over to the sofa and James opened his shirt and laid the baby on his chest. 

"Are we going with the name we came up with?" James kissed her head. 

"I hope so. Amelia Grace Augustin sounds perfect to me." Em kissed James and then kissed his daughter.  

The nurse walked back in. "I need this beauty for about five minutes and then I will have her back to you."

Em smiled at her, "Is there any update on Ronni?"

"I'm sorry.  All I know is they are trying to stop the bleeding but the doctors with her are excellent. Her husband is waiting in the room on the floor above us."

James glanced at Emmett. "Go, Jamesy. I'll be here with Amelia. Dante needs you and you need to be there."

"I love you. I love both of you." And James was gone.

 

Emmett messaged Brian and Justin at sunrise. ‘Amelia Grace arrived healthy about 4:00 a.m. Ronni has been in surgery since then.'

By 8:00 a.m. Brian was on the surgical floor with James and Dante and Justin was sitting with Emmett holding Amelia. "Em, she is so perfect. I can already see our daughters playing together. They are going to be the best of friends."

"Justin, I'm sorry, but can I leave you with her for a few minutes? I need to check on Ronni. I will tell the nurse."

"Sure, Em. She is in good hands." Em kissed Justin's cheek and disappeared.

Shortly, Brian walked in where Justin sat with Amelia. He sat down and Justin handed the newborn to Brian who held her to his chest. "How is Ronni?" Justin asked, before kissing his cheek.

"It is still touch and go. They hope they have the bleeding under control and now it is just a waiting game. They said she won't wake for hours if ...."

"If she wakes up?" 

"Yes, if she wakes up. Right now they are saying it is about a 50/50 chance." Brian's face didn't show any emotion except when he talked to Amelia.

"Brian, is there anything we can do? You have connections to a couple doctors don't you?"

"I already called and they suggested the person who did her surgery."

"We can put my surgery off if we need to. The surgeon said there was no rush."

"Justin, that is 2 months off."

"Brian, don't you care that this little one's grandmother might not make it. A woman who has been everything to us?"

"Sunshine," Brian first scowled but then his face went soft, "all I can think of is a wonderful mother like her might not make it out of her unselfishness and a woman like Joan, who has never done anything without selfishness front and center, can't die off."

"Ronni is strong and I doubt she would allow herself to die. She has plans to spoil this little one."

As the day progressed the hospital made an exception and gave them a room near intensive care so they could keep the baby close and be close to Ronni. Brian and Justin had left while James, Dante, and Emmett stayed in the room, getting reports every hour. 

About 7:30 p.m. Brian and Justin returned and sent the three men to get some food. Em and James returned to the room, "Any change?" Brian asked. 

"Dante went to check," Emmett said as he took his daughter from Justin. "We really appreciate you coming back but why don't you go home. It is Saturday tomorrow and I bet you have plans with the kids."

"We are going to see Grandpa Kevin's new house. Gus is so excited to see how it has changed." Justin took Brian's hand.

"Please let us know if there is any change." Brian kissed the little girl's head.

"Of course." James put an arm around Em.

"We could bring clean clothes in for you if you would like," Justin suggested.

"Oh that would be..." Emmett was interrupted by Dante. He walked into the room, sobbing. "Dante what is it? Just don't tell us she's gone."

Dante tried to catch his breath, "Oh, Ronni..." Dante crumbled in a heap, sobbing.