- Text Size +

 

Brian and Justin were up around 8:00 a.m., and after a quick naked swim in the ocean, they ate a little breakfast and dressed so they were ready when Daniel arrived. He first gave them a tour of the surrounding area. As he drove into the center of town he parked the jeep.  

"It is too crowded around the next corner so we will park here and walk. It isn't far."

"I'm sure we can handle it." Brian slipped his hand into Justin's as they strode down the old cobblestone street.  

"I will take you to all the best shops if you tell me what you are looking for."

"Well, our oldest son was hinting at gifts. Is there any booth that would have toys or things kids would..." Justin started to ask as they turned the corner and entered the Market. He forgot to complete his question when all the colors and motion came into view. "Sorry, I had forgotten how vibrant places like this were. Our kids? We want to bring something home for them." 

"Sure we can find something. I'll take you to my favorite stand. It is right next to Mama's."

"Alesandra has a booth?" Brian asked. "What does she sell?"

"It is actually my grandmother who has it, although Mom helps out. I call my grandma Mama."

"Makes total sense," Justin smiled at him. "Oh, Bri, look at that." He pointed at some brightly colored pottery. He pulled out his phone and snapped some pictures. As he looked at the pictures he noticed he didn't have service. "I don't have any bars."

"Oh, ya, the island has spotty service. At your place there is a booster tower but that is about the only place that does. That's okay, isn't it?"

"Sure it is. We will talk to our kids again this afternoon. Do you know who makes that pottery? He pointed at the stand where he had taken the pictures."

"Sure! Mama this is Brian and this is Justin. They are staying at the house this week."

"Oh, Danny, thank you for bringing them by." The older woman greeted both of them. "I hope you are enjoying your time."

"We are having a great time," Justin replied. "Do you make this stunning pottery?"

"Well, I make some of it, but Daniel makes as much as I do. The fancy stuff is his. I stick with the basics."

"You are both very talented. I especially like this set of mugs." He turned to Daniel. "You didn't tell me you were this talented."

Daniel blushed, "Do you really think so?"

"I wouldn't say so if I didn't. I would like this set. Could you box them?"

"Sure," Daniel pointed to another booth. "I think you will find what you need for the kids at those two places." Daniel pointed at some nearby places. "Once I bring these to the Jeep, I'll come find you."

They found some handmade wooden toys for the kids and then found them each a linen outfit. They also bought shirts for themselves. They had plans for a family portrait and these would be perfect for that. "Let's get Kevin a shirt, too. He should be in the picture." Before Daniel returned they had also bought Sally and Brandy loose sundresses and a dress like Jessi's for Kelin. Daniel helped them carry their purchases to the Jeep. They picked up lunch at a food stand and sat by a picnic table available next to it. 

Brian looked at the fish and chips he was eating, "I don't know what kind of fish this is but it is amazing."

"Try one of these!" Daniel offered Brian something fried he was eating. Brian took one and then Daniel offered Justin one.

"Damn, what is that?"

"They are a clam only found around here. They have to be treated just right or they are like chewing rubber bands."

"Those have to be one of the best things I have eaten." Justin said.

"I'll be right back." Daniel got up and brought back another order and set it between Brian and Justin. "We can always get more."

Daniel left once more and came back with dessert. It was a pineapple creamy mixture that tasted like coconut and freshness. 

"Daniel, this was a perfect day, but now," Justin ran his hand down Brian's back and rested on his ass. "Now, I think we are ready for the beach."

"I hope you are ready for a hell of a lot more than that," Brian kissed him.

"How long have you two been together?" Daniel asked.

"We met almost seven years ago but two of those years we were apart. I guess that means we have been together for nearly five years."

"And you still act like you just met."

"Dan, find someone that makes your heart skip a beat everytime they kiss you." Brian stopped and then added, "I can't believe what I'm about to say. It is about the heart. Your cock will react to any pretty ass. But if you can't wait to see that person or it is the kiss you crave." Justin took Brian's hand and gave him a kiss. "Fuck, who am I trying to kid, my prick is hard as a rock." 

All three of them laughed. "I'll drive you back to the compound. Just noticed we've used a lot of gas today." Daniel looked at the men, "I think that my mom and dad have that. I do hope to find that someday but for now, I think I will let my little head do the thinking. My heart isn't ready yet."

 

As they neared the gate both Justin and Brian's phones started going off. They looked at each other and both pulled out their phones. The look on Justin's face showed fear and devastation. Brian took control. "Change of plans," he said to Daniel. "We need to be at the airport in under an hour. Our plane will be waiting for us. We need half an hour to pack up. Can you be back here?"

"Sure. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Just make sure you have gas in that thing." Brian helped Justin out of the vehicle and before they got to the door, Alesandra came out of it.

"I hope you don't mind that I started your packing. Connie called me and told me there was an emergency. My girl didn't tell me what it was, but said the plane had been called."

Justin still was just standing in one spot. "Alesandra, can you have him sit down and get him a large drink of something?" Brian moved into the bedroom while Justin sat on the sofa.  

Alesandra sat next to Justin and handed him a large glass of fruit juice with a large shot of rum in it. "Justin, doll, drink some of this."

"Did Connie tell you, he wants our son?"

"She didn't and I didn't ask. Who wants your son?"

"My father. He is suing us for custody."

"Oh, she did tell me a little bit about that threat earlier this summer."

Justin was still not thinking straight but his manners kicked in. "How do you know Connie?"

"We don't have time for the whole story but if it wasn't for her, I would have never met my Sam or had Daniel. "And your boy?"

"My father's girlfriend was pregnant and he was going to jail so Brian and I adopted Aaron. We didn't need his permission because he was not listed on the birth certificate but since then he ended up with DNA and has proof they were related."

Alesandra put her arm around Justin and hugged him just as Brian walked out of the bedroom with both bags closed. Alesandra looked at her phone, "Sam is almost here. He has the SUV. He has all the items you bought today with Daniel and has been in touch with the airport. The plane is here and the pilot is going over the checklist."

"Thank you, Alasandra. We would have loved to spend another day or two here."

"Brian, you and that body may come back anytime." She kissed them on the cheek. "I will stay here to straighten up. Sam just arrived."

Justin rushed up the stairs and Brian followed with the bags. "I know we don't have time for a chat now. I am Sam. I had hoped to meet you later today but maybe you will come back and visit again soon. I am sure Connie will let you use her place any time."

Neither of them registered what he said. Brian put his arms around Justin and spoke softly to him as they drove. "There is no reason to worry. Dad already contacted Ted who will contact our lawyer. He will make sure the lawyer down here has everything we need."

Soon they were on the plane and all of the purchases and their bags had been loaded. Sam had left and the pilot had told them to buckle their seatbelts.

When Brian had tried to sit next to Justin, Justin held up his hand and Brian sat down across the aisle and a row back. He had learned when Justin was under pressure he first needed space and soon he would need his full attention. It had been that way since he had found him and taken him back. As they flew over the water, Brian remembered sitting outside his apartment above the little grocery store. He talked to him for hours before Justin slowly opened the door and went home with him. During those two years he had lost all sense of his worth. He had learned to trust only himself, and under stress, he reverted to dealing with this himself. As he thought he wondered if they would ever get Craig out of their life. He got out of prison far too soon. He often wondered if anyone would miss Craig if he disappeared. Brian's mind drifted to a dark place and every corner had a sign with a different way to get rid of him.

"Brian?" Justin was standing next to him. "Where were you?"

Brian wanted to tell him he was killing his father but knew that wouldn't be productive. "I was just thinking about the family in Ireland, the whole family in Ireland." He took Justin's hand and Justin sat down on his lap. Justin wrapped his arms around Brian's neck and leaned against his chest just like Aaron did so often.  As Justin dozed off where he was, Brian's mind went back to the suffering he wanted to inflict on Craig.

They both woke up when the pilot told them to buckle their seatbelts. Justin slid into the chair next to Brian and followed the pilot's request. He sat up straight and as soon as they landed, he stood up and grabbed his own bag and some of the packages from shopping, "You coming?" he said to Brian as he walked toward the door as it opened. Brian smiled a little. His warrior was back. Justin was ready to fight to the end.

 

When Brian and Justin arrived at home it was dinner time and the kids erupted when they saw their dads. Even Jessi screamed until Henry lifted her out of the highchair and she was off in a shot to her daddies.

As Brian snapped her up he said, "I know she was walking a little two days ago but how did that happen?"

Justin picked up Aaron and held him a little too tight for just a second. "Hey, big guy." At the same time he reached down and ruffled Gus' hair. "How are you, Gus?"

Gus hugged him, "I didn't expect you ‘til tomorrow."

"Does that mean you don't want your gifts?" Brian asked.

"You got me a present?" Gus tried to be surprised and the adults started laughing. 

"Let's eat the yummy dinner Connie made for us and then we will see what's in the bags."

They all sat around the table and everyone kept the mood light. When they had finished eating and opened their gifts, Brian looked at Henry and said, "Would you mind putting the boys in the bathtub?"

"Daddy, I want..." Gus started to say but saw the look on his daddy's face. "Will you tuck us in?"

"Of course we will," Justin smiled at Gus. "And we will read some stories to you." He walked over and kissed Gus and Aaron before Henry and J.Jay took the boys upstairs. 

"We can take Jess, too." J. said.

"No, she's alright. We'll bring her up for the stories." Brian said, knowing Jessi wouldn't understand anything that was said, plus he thought it would do Justin good to have her in his arms. He got up and put Jessi in his arms. The little girl was getting sleepy and she stood on his thighs, wrapped her arms around his neck and put her head on his shoulder. Justin wrapped his arms around her and she sat her diapered bottom on his arms. She turned and kissed his cheek but then relaxed in her daddy's arms.

"The lawyer sent all the documents to you. They are in your email." Kevin sat next to Brian and put his hand on Brian's arm. "We will beat this."

"I know," Brian said quietly.  

"I will take the kids to Ireland if there is any inkling of him winning." Justin turned and kissed Jessi's head.

They talked over a couple more things but then Brian and Justin got up to go read to the boys.

"Justin, let me take this little one. I'll put her to bed." Connie gently took Jessi out of Justin's arms.

"Thank you," Justin said as he put an arm around Brian.

"Connie, your house is perfect. Thank you for setting that up for us."

"Alesandra wasn't supposed to tell you that."

"It just slipped out."

"Well, you'll have to go back sometime and finish your get away." Kevin looked around the now empty kitchen and started clearing the table. 

Brian and Justin read to the boys and after they finished a second book, Brian laid with Gus telling him about Bermuda while Justin laid next to Aaron in his toddler bed, holding his little body tight as he fell asleep. When Gus was ready to sleep, Brian crossed the room and lightly touched Justin's shoulder, "Sunshine, time to let him sleep."

When Justin stood up he saw two things. He saw the tears that had run across his face as he laid with their son but he also saw the veracity in his blue eyes that said he would fight until the death, if needed. He put an arm around him and they walked out into the hall. Before he knew what was going on Justin pinned him against the wall and if his kiss was any prediction, he had a feeling it was his turn to receive.

Justin took control and Brian gladly let him. When Justin was this fired up, he knew it would be a night of passion and he was a willing participant. Justin grabbed Brian by the shirt and pulled him into the bedroom.

"Damn Justin, I am very into this, but let's go say good night to Jessi and then I am yours to do with what you want."

For a moment Justin's face softened. "Yes, I'm sure Connie has put her down by now." Together they walked into the room across from theirs and their little one was laying on her stomach with her patted bottom high in the air. They both kissed their daughter. "She is going to be beautiful, isn't she?"

"Yes. Good thing her grandfather is a priest and can tell us where a good cloister is." Brian wrapped his arms around Justin. "Ready to take advantage of me."

"That is impossible. You always want sex but," he pushed Brian out to the hall and then grabbed his crotch and squeezed. "strip and get ready to take it."

Justin was not joking. With his shorts still around his feet, Justin bent Brian over the back of the sofa and, with a little guilt, drove in. Brian called out in obvious discomfort but it didn't stop him from getting into the rhythm and meeting Justin thrust for thrust. Justin moved in one more time and both of them shuttered simultaneously.  

Justin pulled out and Brian dropped over the edge of the sofa. He ended up rolling off and ended up sprawled on the floor, arms to his sides. Somehow his shorts and briefs were still wrapped around his ankles. As he looked up at the ceiling, he started to laugh. Justin jumped over the back of the sofa and sat for a second until Brian bent his finger, calling Justin closer. Justin dropped onto his knees, one on either side of Brian's thighs and grabbed each of his wrists, pinning them above Brian's head as he lowered his mouth to Brian's and kissed him. His mouth started moving down, having to let go of Brian's hand as he moved lower and as he followed Brian's pleasure trail. As Justin's mouth moved around Brian's now erect member, Brian's fingers entwined in Justin's hair.

As Justin coaxed Brian into climax, Brian arched and began to thrust into his mouth and then Justin was licking the last of the elixir off of him and Brian pulled him up so he laid his head on one of Brian's arms.

"Feel better?"

"Are you okay? I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"I'll feel it tomorrow but, damn, you're hot when you are determined."

"We're going to win this, right?"

"If it looks like it is going south, and I don't expect that, the kids all have passports and so do we. If we have any hint Craig's lies are working, you and the kids will take off. I have a plane and pilot on standby.

"I don't want to go anywhere without you."

"I know. But you, the kids, and Rachel and Sonya, will fly over to Ireland. We have had it planned for months."

"But where will we go and when will you join us?"

"Dad is waiting for a couple friends to get back to him. We may be out of town by the time it can go to the judge anyway. But there's a plan in place and even if we are separate for a short time we will all be together shortly."

Justin rolled and laid his head on Brian's chest as his arms tightened around him.

 

Early the next morning, Brian and Justin left to meet with their lawyer. As Brian drove, Justin received a text from Kevin letting them know there was a place for them ready in Ireland if they needed to leave in a hurry.

"I can't believe we have known Dad is on his way less than 24 hours and you have already got an escape set up."

"How can you still call him that?"

"Brian, we have had this conversation ever since we met. I know you had no good memories, or very few, of your dad, but I have memories of our family that are good. Dad taught me to play softball. We took family vacations. Yes, he was arrogant and chauvinistic but he could also be..." Justin quit talking.

Brian reached over, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have started this." He glanced over and saw tears in Justin's eyes.

Justin took a deep breath, "I wish I could hate him. I am a grown man but I still want my dad to love me."  

Brian didn't say anything as he pulled into the parking lot at the law office. He parked and walked slowly around the car, opening the door for Justin. He offered his hand and kissed him. "All that is important is what kind of fathers we are."

"I know you are right, love. How sore are you?"

"It just reminds me of the passionate husband I have." He kissed him again. As they turned and started to walk toward the office Justin froze. "What is it, Sunshine?"

"He's here." He nodded toward the office entrance and Brian saw the familiar silhouette of Craig Taylor.

Brian tried to guide Justin another direction but he stopped and turned toward him. "No! I am not going to run from him. I want him to see I am healthy and strong; and we are united. We are a true family and he can never give that to Aaron." He started to walk toward the door. Brian moved quickly to put an arm around him so they could walk together to the building.

"Son, It's good to see you. How is Aaron?"

"Our son is none of your business," Justin said as he walked past his father.

Brian leaned in about an inch from Craig's face and softly said, "OUR son will never go through what he did." He nodded toward the door Justin had walked through. "We love him today and we will love him as long as we are on this earth." On purpose his shoulder collided hard with Craig's shoulder nearly throwing him off balance.

Under his breath he heard Craig say, "Faggot."

Brian stopped and turned around one last time, "That would have gotten me five years ago. Some of us do mature." Brian walked to the door and into Justin's arms.

"What happened out there?"

"That small man hasn't changed a bit."

"Gentlemen?" A woman said from an inner door. "Please follow me to the office. We will get out of here before the plaintiff arrives."

"He already has. He just accosted us outside the door," Brian said as the woman pulled the door shut as she left the men alone. The door had barely shut when another door opened and the lawyer walked in. "Why the hell is Taylor at this office?"

Ms. Crawford, the lawyer, said, "He hired my associate, hoping this could all be taken care of out of course."

"I told you we are not giving anything, so unless he decides to give up and leave, we will be in court," Justin said, looking directly at Ms. Crawford. 

"You have to have an open mind. I mean, I don't have details of what he is asking, but I got the feeling he would settle for visitation a couple times a month and..."

"Ms. Crawford, that man isn't going to touch our son, let alone spend time alone with him!" Brian said with a raised voice. 

Justin reached over to Brian and laid his hand on his arm and said, "Ma'am, how much did our lawyer tell you about my father?"

"I admit, not much. I know he had been sent to prison because of a false death certificate and something about him holding you captive at some time."

"Ms. Crawford, did you read the fact that it was Justin's death certificate he had forged, and that we all thought he was dead for over a year and a half? He had tormented Justin, who was recovering from a brain injury, telling him the rest of us didn't love him anymore." As Brian spoke, Ms. Crawford's face changed. It was obvious she hadn't had time to read it carefully. 

"I think you can understand why I will never let my son go with him." Now it was Brian's turn to take Justin's hand and squeezed it comfortingly.

"Like I said, I just got your file and haven't had time to get all the details out of it. My para is going through it now and highlighting the details. How is your father related to your son?"

"Our son is biologically Justin's brother. His father had an affair with Justin's physical therapist assistant. Once she learned the truth about Craig's lies she wanted nothing to do with him and her plan was to give the baby up for adoption. Being the man Justin is, after talking to me, we asked if we could adopt him. Justin wanted to know his brother was well cared for and loved. I couldn't ask for more in a son, knowing the qualities Justin has."

Ms. Crawford smiled, "It is obvious to me how much you love each other and love your son."

"My father is still homophobic. Even if I trusted him to bring him back, he would be trying to brainwash Aaron each time he saw him. It would be far too confusing. But, my father no longer has a lot of ties to Pittsburgh. His reputation is shit, so I think he would take him and disappear."

"Your fears are legitimate. If you'll excuse me for a few minutes, I want to see if my colleague  has had a chance to speak to your father and review what you just told me. You may stay in here or there is a garden through that door. It should be in the shade right now and it is usually nice out there in the morning."

 

Ms. Crawford went out the same door she had come in and Justin stood, looking at Brian. "Let's go outside. I could use some fresh air."

Brian stood and before Justin could move toward the door, he put his arms around him. "Are you alright?"

"As good as I can be. I can't believe he is here. I can't believe that..."

"That felon thinks he has any right to our beautiful boy."

"I think she understands. She seemed to get it." Justin took one of Brian's hands and they walked out into the garden. They sat on a bench in a secluded corner. "I hate just sitting here, when I would rather be home with the kids. Next week I have to go back to work, and just sitting here..."

"Well, I think I can help make the time go faster." Brian gently put his hand on the back of Justin's head and slowly moved his mouth toward Justin's and began to explore his mouth. His tongue started at one corner of the lips and then gently moved it toward the other corner. Eventually he centered his mouth on his and Justin willingly opened his mouth to accept his tongue. Soon Justin adjusted his body and was now straddling Brian's thighs and they continued kissing, both remembering they were in public.

They lost track of time. It had been a half an hour when Ms. Crawford was at the door. "Excuse me, gentlemen, but I'm ready for you."

As Brian and Justin stood to face the lawyer, Brian glanced at the building. Under his breath he said, "Fuck!"

"What is it?" Justin asked and then followed where Brian was looking. In the window Craig stood with a grin on his face and his phone in his hand.

By now, although she hadn't heard him, Ms. Crawford could see they were both upset about something as they walked into the office. "What did I miss?"

"We felt like we were in a very private area and we felt we were appropriate but as we walked toward you, we saw Craig was watching us from the window and we are fairly sure he was recording us."

"You have to realize, he thinks we are an abomination and if there is any way for him to make it look wrong he will."

"A married couple in a private garden who are under stress and find comfort in each other are not doing anything wrong."

"By now we should be used to him. So what did you find out?" Justin changed the subject.

"Mr. Taylor is looking for visitation with his son every other weekend. I know there is a DNA test  proving he is the biological father. My colleague is using that as the main pull. That and the fact that the mother knew he was the father and didn't list him on the birth certificate." She flipped through some paperwork. "There is no doubt that the adoption was handled legally. I know you knew the mother, but it was her responsibility whether or not to list the father. There is nothing you should have done differently. The only other thing he is requesting is one week a year."

"After what you have told me, I wouldn't accept anything. I know we don't want to go to court and I promise, my team is starting to research his background and yours. We have to show due diligence. I don't think you are hiding anything but we need to prove that. They are filing with the court this afternoon. We will be given a date and it is usually two to three months in the future."

"That isn't going to work. We are scheduled to leave the country in six weeks. This has been scheduled for well over a month already. We will be leaving before the first of September and we plan to be gone for a minimum of two months."

"When the judge starts scheduling, I will let him or her know. I will do my best. But Brian, if I can't, I'm afraid you will not be able to go."

Brian saw Justin start to open his mouth but reached over and squeezed his hand. "We understand."

They talked about a few other details before, after checking where Craig was, they left the building. Once they got in the car, Justin said, "Brian, you just lied." 

"No, Justin. She said I wasn't able to go, not the family."

"You know that isn't what she meant."

"I do know that, but she was recording that conversation and if I have to, I will make her play it in court. She said I couldn't go. You and the kids will leave the day that is scheduled and if court goes sideways, you will go before that. In any case, we will all be in Ireland as planned."

Justin turned to Brian, as they still sat in the parking lot. "I love you, Brian Kinney. I don't know what I would do without you."

"Sunshine, we love each other. We love our kids. We love friends and family, and together we cannot be beaten."