- Text Size +

 

"Mr. Taylor, Mr. Kinney, thank you for joining us this morning. Before we talk let's watch a clip of some of the amazing art pieces that will be up for auction tomorrow evening." The host of the morning show looked at Brian and Justin. "As soon as we are live I will ask you the list of questions. Feel free to go off script but do remember we are live and this is a morning show."

The past week had flown by, and speaking to this reporter after the hearing had done more for them then they could have expected. She threw her heart and soul into making this the talk of the city. Everyone who was anybody was going to be there. They had needed to move it from the gallery to a large ballroom at a local hotel and they had twice as many pieces as they expected.

"Again, gentlemen, thank you for coming. Can you explain a little bit about how this all came about?"

"We came down for the summer so I could work with some very talented young artists. Over the summer we have had smaller shows but for the end of the summer we decided to make it a much bigger event." Justin said a couple more things before the reporter switched to Brian.

"Mr. Kinney, could you tell our viewers what the money you raise will be used for?"

"The money will be split between two very important organizations. The first is the Youth Art Foundation. It will be set up so schools whose art programs have been cut will have ways to fund them. The other half of the money will be given to a new program called Connie's Legacy.  It will help displaced women who are looking for a better life for their children. It will focus on helping women find a career. If that includes schooling we will help with that. If they need child care they will help with that."

The reporter then hit the major details about the auction and the website people could use to donate or bid ahead of time. As soon as they were off the air, she turned to Brian and Justin who had stood up. "I hope you know how much I appreciate this story."

"Our son is always off limits, but anytime we can help promote something worthwhile we are ready to help."

"The camera loves both of you," an older woman said as she walked up with her hand out. "If the two of you would ever like to host a show, let me know. We could find something for the two of you."

"I think we have enough going on in our lives. I am turning over my role at Kinnetik so I can spend more time with my family and it is Justin's turn to really focus on his work. We are taking an extended vacation and exploring the world one country at a time." Brian pulled Justin close and kissed him.  

"We better get going, Bri. We have a lot to do today." Justin turned to the reporter, "Thank you again for making this event so big. You will be given a detailed report when the auction is over so you can do a final review of everything and let everyone know how the night turned out and of course you will be attending." He pulled out two tickets and handed them to the reporter.

"Really? I was told no reporters would be allowed and that there were no tickets left."

"Well, yes," Justin touched her arm, "you cannot interview any of the guests or artists, but you may take a few discreet group shots and, of course, when you do the story, you can tell the story first hand. Brian insisted you come. We will see you tomorrow." Both of them kissed her on the cheek and walked away.

 

Once in the car, Justin said, "That was the right thing to do, right?"

"Why are you questioning it?" Brian had an odd tone to his voice.

"We promised there wouldn't be any reporters." Justin looked at him. "Why did you want her to come so badly?"

"Did I happen to mention that Camilla is bringing her husband, since she is going to be announced as the Director of Connie's Legacy?"

"Brian! William Charles Carter is not a man to toy with."

"Camilla needs her son in her life and Carter is going to have to face his phobia."

"But Brian, J. may not want that. You know he is already nervous about unveiling his big mural."

"Do you trust me?" he reached over and took Justin's hand.

"You know I do, however, this is really none of our business."

"J. is part of our family and Camilla is now part of our professional family. This is our business."

"But, Brian, I don't want to lose J.Jay. We need to talk to him about this ahead of time."

Brian pulled into the parking lot of the diner Brandy and Sally owned. "That is exactly what we are going to do. Henry and J. are meeting us here for some brunch." He looked at his watch.  "They should be here in about 10 minutes."

"Thank you for this but who is watching the kids?"

"Connie is there and Gus was going with Dad for the morning."

"Oh, ya I forgot about that." Justin leaned across the car and Brian moved to meet him. One kiss led to a second and then no one was counting. All of the sudden there was pounding on the driver's side window.

"Holy shit!" Brian said, accidently hitting the horn with his elbow. Henry and J.Jay stood outside the door, laughing. "You assholes," Brian said, but he had to smile as he shut off of the vehicle and they got out to join J. and Henry, both couples linking hands as they walked.

"Hey, bro!," Brandy said as they walked in. She kissed Brian and Justin and patted both J.Jay and Henry on the shoulders. "I have your table ready for you." They all talked as they walked to a back booth. "The carafe is full of fresh coffee and the menus are there but if you want me to bring out family style stuff..."

Justin looked around the table, "Bring out whatever."

Brandy looked at the four, "Anything specific?" 

"Whatever the pastry special is today. Nat makes the best pastries!" J.Jay said as he smiled shyly. "Please."

Henry put his arm around J. and kissed his cheek. "What was that for?" J. asked.

"I love seeing you just daring to be you. And I agree, Natalia is one of the best pastry chef's I have ever seen."

One of the waiters brought empty plates and then started bringing plates of eggs, sausage and bacon, a bowl of fresh fruit, and an assortment of pastries. "Sally said I should ask if you want pancakes or will the pastries be enough?"

"I think we have more than enough here," Brian smiled at the young man standing at the table.

"Just let me know if you need more of anything." 

After the men had loaded their plates, Brian started talking, "J.Jay, your mom is excited about her new job."

"I know she is. For years all she did was take care of her family and now that it is just her and him, she needs something to do. She is really smart. She will do a great job for you, Brian."

"I know she will. I wouldn't have chosen her if I didn't think she could do it. But I am a little worried about her."

J.Jay set his fork down. "Is something wrong? She didn't say anything."

"J., there is nothing wrong except she loves you and your dad. He is coming to the show tomorrow."

J.Jay turned to Justin, "With Sonya's help, you will be fine." He turned to Brian, "I'll stay home so Mom doesn't have to worry about him."

Justin reached over and took J.'s hand. "That's not what Brian is saying. Camilla needs your father and you to make peace."

"Baby, I am sure Brian and Justin know you want that, too."

"We do," Justin said.

Brian continued, "You know I would never tell you to concede to that homophobic..."

"Bri just wants you to give him a chance to know who you are and show him how wonderful you are."

J.Jay just kept eating. Henry wrapped his arms around him. "I'll be right next to you or hidden away. Whatever you want, but I love you, and will do whatever you want me to do but I know you would like to try."

"I don't think he will like that." J.Jay leaned against Henry.

"We'll all be next to you," Justin said.

"And if he is an ass, I will personally, politely, show him to the door."

"I would like to talk to him. Mom says they have talked about me and he has stopped preaching about it." J.Jay looked at Henry. I want him to meet you but can I first just talk to them alone?"

"Of course, J." Henry kissed him. You just let me know what you want me to do."

The four men finished eating, they talked and before they got up, the server came back with two small white bags. "Sally said this bag is for Henry and J." Henry reached for it "And this is for her niece and nephews." She set the bag down by Brian, knowing who he was. She also laid down an empty bag. "She said this was for the leftover pasties unless you stuffed your faces. Her words, not mine." She walked away quickly and the four smiled at the young girl's comment.

 

As Brian drove home, Justin looked over at him, "You will escort him out politely?"

"As long as he doesn't act like a complete idiot, and I don't think he will. Camilla has been working on him all summer. She said he misses J.Jay."

"He misses his daughter. If he hurts him I promise..."

Brian took his hand and squeezed it. "We won't let it go too far and I really think Camilla has talked to him and he is always careful with his image." Brian pulled into the garage and leaned over to kiss Justin. "You know the kids will be ready for attack."

"Ah, but we have the right distraction." Justin smiled holding up the bakery bag as he opened the door.

As they walked into the house all three kids came running. Justin had messaged Connie and let her know they had pastries so, although they had finished eating lunch they were ready for a sweet treat. Brian picked up Jessi and nuzzled his little girl. When they had adopted her last year he had been hesitant, but now the family wouldn't be complete without her. Justin held Aaron's hand as they walked back to the table, and soon the kids, and Connie and Henry, were munching on the bag of goodies Sally had sent home with them. Connie had quickly cut them up into bite size pieces so the kids could try more than one.  

Everyone had to laugh when Gus reached for a piece of the strawberry danish and Jessi took his hand and said, "For me, please, Gussy? So yummy."  

And Gus put the morsel on her plate. "Here you go, Jessi." She leaned over and gave him a sticky kiss on the cheek. All the adults said awe at the same time.  

Henry put the little ones down for their nap and Brian took Gus into the backyard. Justin stayed to help Connie clear the table but when he brought a stack of dishes to the sink Connie turned from him.

"Connie, is something wrong?" He put an arm around her.

"Your kids... I am going to miss all of you," she rested her head on his chest for a minute.  "I have to say you have the family I always wanted. Thanks for letting me be a part of it, at least for a time."

"Hope you know, once you are part of our family, you are always part of our family." He hugged her tight and kissed her head. "And you ever want to visit us in Pittsburgh, or you want someone to stay at that Bermuda place of yours... just sayin'."

Connie laughed, "We could work that out, I'm sure." She looked up and wiped her eyes before kissing Justin on the lips. "Sorry, I have always had a thing for young blondes and have wanted to do that ever since I met you."

Justin blushed a little. "You are welcome to do it any time. Just don't let Brian see you."

 

J.Jay lay in Henry's arms as the sun rose. He hadn't slept much. He was so nervous about talking to his father tonight. Before bed he called his mom. "Brian talked to me, Mom. Is Dad really ready to talk to me? Is he ready to meet J.Jay? Joanna Jane doesn't exist anymore."

"I have told him and I think he wants to try, but please remember that he is mourning the loss of his daughter."

"But I am here. I am who I always should be."

"I know that, Love, but we were raised to believe something different. I am not saying that was right but it was the way it was. Please be patient with him. He really misses you."

J.Jay rested his head on Henry's chest and Henry held him tight, "Mom, I gotta go. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"I love you, J." Camilla could feel her son's distress over the phone.

"I love you, too, Mom."

But now it was a new morning and he had a man that loved him. He had great friends and a job he loved. His mother was in his life and that would have to be enough if his father just couldn't change his mindset.

 

By 8:00 a.m. most of the adults were at the ballroom where the auction would be held. Rachel had volunteered to stay with the kids so Henry could be with J. and help set up. Most of the previous participants of Justin's academy had come back and there was art everywhere. By 3:00 p.m. Brian and Justin headed upstairs to the penthouse they had reserved for anyone who needed space to change into formal dress. J.Jay had gone up early and put on his tux and then one of the three bedrooms in the penthouse was designated for the women and one for the men. The third was Brian and Justin's domain. Later that night they could bring the little ones up as they got tired.

Justin pinned Brian against the bar as soon as they got in the penthouse but, knowing some of the others would be up soon, they quickly moved to their room. They slowly undressed and Brian, knowing what Justin needed better than he did, took him to the edge of cumming and then stopped. He moved away from Justin and his erection.

"Brian, what the..."

"Keep that for later. You know it will be a good distraction while you are nervous and tense.  Now, let's get stunning and make all those fags wish we were single."

"And all the women wish we were straight?" Justin said as he pulled briefs on over his hard-on.  He walked over to Brian, who had just pulled up his tuxedo pants and Justin slipped his hand in the front of them and as he kissed Brian he coaxed his cock into the same state he was in. He took a step back, zipped up Brian's pants, and smiled at him. "Now we are both in the same state." They looked at each other in the mirror. They had chosen dark charcoal suits that looked black in some light. They had added soft blue in the tie and pocket square.  

"I think we will do." Brian said, kissing Justin and then led him toward the door.

 

At 6:30, Connie and Rachel arrived with the kids. Aaron and Gus were both dressed in black pants, white button downs, silver patterned vests which matched Brian and Justin's, and to put it all together they had light blue bow ties on. Between Gus and Aaron, Jessi Anne held on to both her brothers' hands wearing a matching light blue dress with a silver ribbon around the empire waist. The photographer they hired started taking pictures. Kevin followed close behind. He was in the same color tux as Brian and Justin looking very dashing.

Brian noticed them and he had to swallow hard. He quickly looked around for Justin and spotted him talking to Henry and J.Jay. J. noticed the kids and directed Justin to turn around. He immediately found Brian looking at him and they walked toward each other and the kid. "Have you ever seen such a gorgeous family?" Sonya said as she walked up to Henry and J.

"They are beautiful," Henry said as Brian picked up Aaron and Justin kissed Jessi's smooth cheek, the photographer snapping pictures the whole time.

"Most people would think those pictures are just for the photographer, but I have seen that same scene over and over," J. said. "That is just who they are."

Henry slipped an arm around J., "Your parents are walking up to the building." Without hesitating J.Jay started moving toward the door. Henry grabbed his hand. "Hey, J. are you sure?"

"Just be around and I will come get you to introduce you in a bit." J. gave him a quick kiss before going toward the door.

J.Jay tried not to shake. He had been so happy his mother had been in contact, but he had missed his dad so much. He knew it would never be the same between them, but he longed for some relationship. 

Camilla and William Carter walked into the lavish ballroom. William scanned the room but moved past J.Jay. "I thought you said she would be here."

"William, he is standing right in front of you." Camilla touched his arm and then pointed to J.Jay. "Come say ‘hi' to our son."

"J.Jay, you look incredibly handsome today." She ran her hands down the satin lapels of J.'s tux.

"Thanks, Mom." Slowly he turned toward his father and extended his hand, "I'm glad you could come, Dad. It is a big night for Mom. She will do so much good with Connie."

"I know she is excited about it and your mother always does a good job." For the first time, William really looked at his child. "You are looking healthy and... you look happy, maybe happier than I have ever seen you look." He hesitated and continued, "But Joanna, I..."

"Dad, there is no Joanna anymore. Inside I am still the same being I have always been. I'm still the child you took to the school dance but I never felt like a girl. That doesn't mean I didn't love being in my daddy's arms. J.Jay led his parents to the alcove where his work had been hung. 

"I just don't understand this," he motioned up and down J.'s body. "God doesn't make mistakes, Jo." He said it respectfully, truly wanting to understand.

"You're right, Dad. He didn't make a mistake. He gave us free will. I am sure this is who he meant me to be."

For the first time William noticed the mural behind J. It was a progression of a family. William immediately realized it was his family. It was somewhat abstract but it started with a very young girl full of smiles and as it progressed the girl was obviously less happy but deep inside of her was the image of a small boy. As it progressed the inner boy grew and the girl became just a shell. In the background of the mural the rest of the family progressed. It was obviously a loving family and the girl, although included, was always to the side. At the far end the girl is only found in the heart of the now grown man walking towards another man, with the family still in the same place.  

William looked at Camilla and then at J.Jay. "You created this?" J. nodded. "And this is how you have felt all your life?" Another nod. He then pointed at the man at the end of the painting. "Is that your..."

J. motioned for Henry to come over. "That is Henry and this is Henry." Henry walked up and J. linked his arm with him. "Dad, this is Henry. Henry, this is my dad, William."

Henry extended his hand. "It is nice to meet you, sir." They shook hands. He also leaned over and kissed Camilla's cheek. "Nice to see you again."

From across the room, Brian and Justin had been watching the interaction. As they watched William shake Henry's they smiled at each other. "It seems to be going well," Justin said.

"It does. That mural, is there anyone interested in it?" Brian asked.

"We have had a couple inquiries. That is going to be his first big discovery. I just feel it." Justin kissed Brian's cheek. "I am so proud of how he has developed."

"Daddies! The doors are opening to everyone!" Gus said as he ran up. Aaron followed, saying  something about doors and lots of people.

"Well, then, let's straighten that tie, young man," Justin said as he straightened first Aaron's and then Gus' tie. "Where is your sister?" He asked as he skimmed the now busy room.

"Grandpa has her." Gus pointed to one side of the room where Kevin stood holding the little girl and talking to Connie. 

"Let's go claim our daughter so we can make the official start of the auction," Justin said. As they moved toward Kevin and Jessi, he looked over his shoulder just in time to see William move to J.Jay and the two men hugged.

 

The evening moved smoothly. Rachel took the two youngest kids upstairs when they were tired.  Silent bids were coming in regularly. People that attended could put an amount down with their bidding number while others made bids online.

As they moved into the final hour most of the artwork had been closed. There were a couple larger pieces, including J.Jay's, that had real bidding wars going on. As the countdown to the end came closer, Brian and Justin stood with J.Jay and his family. The piece was up to six figures now. One of the computer monitors walked over to Justin and whispered something.  Justin nodded and the monitor walked away.

"J., there is a final offer on your mural but it comes with a caveat."

"What is it?"

"The offer includes a second mural that will go on the opposite wall of a hall. It would include spending some time in Chicago, where the buyer lives."

"Chicago sounds fun to me," J. said looking at Henry. "Will you come with me?"

"To the moon and back, Love. So, Justin, what is the final offer?"

"How does $500,000 sound?" Justin said and smiled as J. nearly passed out. "Of course with a percentage going back to the new foundation." Justin smiled, "I knew it from that first mural I saw you painting in that alleyway. Everyone will know your name, soon!"

As the evening closed it was announced that more than $1,000,000 were raised for Connie's Legacy. Henry and J. went out for midnight breakfast with Camilla and William, and once everything was wrapped up, Brian and Justin moved upstairs to the penthouse. 

Gus had made a valiant fight but hadn't made it to the close. Kevin had brought him upstairs around 11:00 so when Brian arrived, the boys were asleep in one of the bedrooms and Jessi was asleep in a crib in the second bedroom where Kevin decided to sleep.  

Brian and Justin undressed and laid their tuxedos over the sofa in their room. They got into bed and met in the center. There were no words between them. They touched and tasted and soon they were nipping and probing. But soon they both needed release. They had both needed it hours earlier and now as they were again on the precipice, Justin flipped over Brian and moving his leg, Brian gave him access. As Justin entered him, he bit Brian's shoulder and Brian could no longer control himself. He cried out and as he did, Justin felt him contract around him and he shouted out, joining Brian.

They took a quick shower to get rid of the sticky feel and then met back in bed spooning against each other. Brian held Justin tightly against his chest. "Are you as amazed as I am at how much money was made today?"

Justin sighed, "It is beyond anything I could have imagined."

"Who knew when we came in June that by the end of August, a whole new foundation would be in place, well, almost in place, to help children and their parents." Justin nuzzled his ass against Brian's cock.

"And in about three weeks we will be in Ireland. I can't wait to see how you get inspired there and I am sure Gus will learn so many things over there." Justin wiggled again. "Damn, if you don't stop moving, we are going to need another shower."

"Brian, you can never take too many showers, can you?" He turned his head and Brian kissed him. "Brian, I want to feel you, inside me."

Brian gently moved into him and neither of them moved for several minutes as they were both in their own thoughts.

"Brian, there are a lot of myths in Ireland. Do you think any of them are true?"

"I haven't thought much about them. I have thought about family history. I hope I can find out more about them and maybe even meet some."

"I hope we do, too. Brian, we really have made a good life for the family, haven't we? I want to make sure our kids have gotten to explore the world around them and know how to give back."

"We are giving them a Legacy, Sunshine. When you and I are gone those three will continue the work we have started."

"Speaking of things we have started..." Soon they were in a rhythm. There was no rush in their lovemaking. Once they had both climaxed they didn't rush to the shower. They talked a little as they both started to drift off. Eventually, Justin said, "Goodnight, Bri. I love you. Thanks for making this summer such a success."

"Oh, Sunshine, you had far more to do with it than I did. I never imagined having this much love in my life."

"You have always deserved this, Brian. I am just glad I can go on this ride with you." As Justin fell asleep, he said, "Can't wait to make love to you in Ireland."

Brian's only response was a soft snore.

 

The End.
Simply written is the author of 42 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Legacy 2 - Atlanta: Art, Ancestry, and Animosity also liked 234 other stories.