- Text Size +

 

Natalia and J.Jay returned to the main house and everyone could tell something had changed between them. Nat kissed Tom and said, "I know it is still early but my alarm is set for 4:30. I have a big order that needs to be ready to go by 10:00."

Tom stood and put an arm around his wife, "I'm sorry. I should have remembered that. I will get up and help in the morning."

"My love, if you want to help in the morning, you will stay in bed. Last time you ‘helped' we ended up making love in the kitchen and I burnt a whole tray of cookies." Natalia kissed him playfully.

They all said goodbye and Natalia kissed J.Jay's cheek and handed him her business card. "You call me if you want to talk about anything."

J.Jay softly thanked her and when Henry stepped closer to him, he put an arm around Henry's waist, leaning against him. Henry quickly put his arm around J.Jay's shoulder, giving him moral support. And then it was just the four men. Henry looked at J.Jay who nodded a bit and then said, "We aren't sure where this is going but we hope to head there together."Justin smiled from ear to ear.  

Brian said, "Sunshine, you are always right." He kissed Justin, pulling him close.

"You knew?" J. said softly.

"I'd hoped. I felt you would be good for each other." He smiled at them, "now, we are going to bed so you have the pool to yourselves if you want it. Oh, and J.Jay, you are always welcome to sleep here." Without another word, Brian started to lead Justin to their bedroom.

"We'll be back in the house by midnight," Henry called after them.

 

J.Jay and Henry walked hand in hand out of the house and J. led him to the hammock. "Can we talk?"

"Of course," they laid down in the big sling. "I am guessing you had a nice talk with Natalia. She seems very caring."

"She is and after talking to her, I realized I owe you more of an explanation."

"You don't owe me anything you don't want to tell me."

"You know I grew up in this area, right?" Henry nodded. "And I told you I have no relationship with my family."

"Yes, J. I really don't either. It is about once or twice a year that I talk to them."

"It's a little different with my family. Anyone within 100 miles of Atlanta knows my family."

"Is one of your parents a politician?"

"Worse," he said softly. "My dad is the preacher you saw in the commercial. He's the one that says he can fix anyone who is gay. Well, not only gay. He thinks he can fix mental illness. He also thinks he can heal people's bodies. I was afraid he would kill me trying to fix me."

Henry pulled J.Jay closer. "Shit! No wonder you want to fly under the radar. I'm surprised you even came down here. I am sure it is safer at Britin."

"I had two reasons for coming. Justin asked me to and he was the first one who ever believed in my skills."

"And the second reason?" Henry asked.

"You were coming here." J.Jay turned to face him and Henry kissed him, first lightly but then he deepened the kiss. When they finally separated J.Jay spoke. "Do you mind if I move into your room? I don't like being out here alone."

"I was hoping you would say that. Not that you were scared, but that you wanted to sleep with me every night. And since I need to be in the house for the kids most nights, I couldn't be out there."

"Let me grab some clothes for tomorrow and I will move my stuff tomorrow night." 

As they got in bed thirty minutes later, Henry asked, "Do Brian and Justin know about your family?"

"No. Do you think I should tell them?"

"That is up to you, but if you plan to try to contact them or if they contact you, I think you should let them know. I know they have security but they need to know what to look for."

"I'll tell Justin soon. Good night, Henry."

"Good night, Sweetheart."

 

Everyone got into their Atlanta rhythm, quickly. Brian would work a couple hours in the morning but he was enjoying spending time with his kids. Gus was especially excited that he would have days alone with his daddy. With Connie helping Henry out when he needed extra hands, they were getting in a groove.

The day after dinner with Tom and Nat, J.Jay talked to Justin once they arrived at the gallery.  "Justin, can I talk to you for a minute?" he said, sticking his head into his office.

"Sure, is there a problem with the artists moving in for the first session?"

"No, this is actually personal."

"Everything is good between you and Henry, isn't it?"

J.Jay smiled wistfully and said softly. "He is great."

"Oh, that's good. Then what is it?"

"Justin, you never asked me about my family, but now I think I have to tell you about them. I don't really expect any trouble, but you need to know about them."

"J.Jay, sit." Justin pointed to the sofa against the wall and walked around his desk to join him. "Now tell me what I should know about your family."

Twenty minutes later Justin had the whole picture. "Oh, J.Jay, and I complain about my father... Well, I guess our fathers are actually similar. Mine wanted to hide me away because he didn't like who I was. Yours probably wants to hold you up to show others how he got you to change." Justin took his hand, "Do you want Brian to have extra security added?"

"No, not now. I'll let you know if he has gotten in contact."

"Or if you feel something is wrong."

"Thanks, Justin. Now I'll get to work. By later this afternoon the first two artists will be here. I will get them settled into their studios upstairs and make sure they are comfortable. I told Henry to eat without me if I'm not back. I'll let him know."

Justin went to the studio to make sure everything was in place for next week when he started with the first two young artists. He had seen how talented they all were, so most mornings he would spend some time with them showing them different techniques and in the afternoons he would either work on his own projects or go home to the family. He pulled out his personal art kit filled with brushes. He was thinking about the day Mel and Lindsay gave him the set, and he jumped when he heard someone behind him.

"I didn't mean to surprise you," Cora Cumberland stood resting against the door frame.

"I get a little focused when I am working. We have everything ready for the first pair. They will come in this afternoon, giving them the weekend to get comfortable."

She strode in, shut the door, and sat on the edge of a stool, "If you don't know it yet, I am straight to the point. Is your assistant normal? I mean he, or is it she, won't look me in the eye or say a word to me."

"His pronouns are he/him." Justin went back to unpacking his things.

"Well, what is his story?" Cora came up behind him and looked over his shoulder, resting her hand on the small of his back.

Justin stood up straight and put a little space between them. "J.Jay has a story and it is his to tell. He has lost faith in most humans. It will just take him a while to warm up."

Cora ended up right next to him again, this time looking at a painting. She ran a hand down his arm this time. Justin had known many touchy people, Em being one of them, so he was probably just going to have to get used to it for the summer. She knew he was happily married to a man, so he could put up with a friendly hug now and then. It might be nice from time to time. 

There was a knock on the door and as J. came in, Cora gave Justin his space. "Justin... oh, sorry."

"I was just heading out," Cora said. "Will you be in tomorrow?"

"I will be here for a couple hours in the morning. Then I will be with my family. J.Jay will be available for the guests. If you have the brochure layout ready, I will take it home then. Bri should have his suggestions ready by Monday." Once Justin stopped talking she walked out the door.

Justin saw J.Jay looking at him. "Is something wrong?"

"I don't like her. She gives off bad energy. Why was she standing so close? Were you showing her something?"

"I think she is just interested in what will be going on at her gallery for the summer."

"No, she's bad deep down. I can't be around..."

"You don't have to deal with her. Always pass her to me. I'm fine with that."

"Just be careful."

"I will. If the students don't want anything tomorrow, make sure you hang at the house. Sally and Brandy will be around along with Kelin. Oh, and Nat will be there. Tom and Kevin have a few things to do but they will be there in time for dinner."

"I'll be there for dinner for sure. I don't really do the pool."

"Why? You don't swim?" Justin looked at him and then stopped. "You know no one will care if you wear a t-shirt."

"I...I spent years on a swim team but it's been a few years. I got uncomfortable in a swimsuit and well..."

"I have plenty of trunks you could wear. If you like to swim, our pool is as safe a place as any.  No one will care."

"I'll think about it." J. said and then said, "Are you going home?"

"I am, but if you need anything or if there is an issue with the students coming in, just let me know."

"They are both already on their flights. I am just going to head to the airport."

"Oh, and you need these." Justin threw the keys to J.Jay. "I have an Uber on its way."

 

Justin arrived home while the two younger children were napping. Sally was also there with Kelin. Gus was playing in the pool with his aunt while Henry kept an eye on the sleeping infant. 

"Hey, Henry, where's Brian?"

"I believed he said he was expecting you to join him in your bedroom."

"I was hoping so. Text if you need us." Justin took the steps two at a time. As he walked into the bedroom, Brian was lying on the bed, naked. He raised a hand and crooked one finger to have Justin come closer. Justin took a step closer and then began to unbutton his shirt one button at a time. He turned his back to the bed and slowly pulled his shirt off one sleeve at a time. He then twirled the shirt over his head and threw it at Brian. It was obvious that Brian was enjoying the show. But as Justin began to pull his belt out of his pants, one belt loop at a time, Brian sighed.

"Sunshine, it's not that I'm not enjoying the show, but we have two children in cribs that have been napping for half an hour already." Thirty seconds later, Justin was in Brian's arms.

They made love with little pretense and then laid in each other's arms and talked softly, "Is everything ready at the studio?" Brian asked as he stroked Justin's sex warmed skin.

"Yes, J is at the airport now and will settle them into their apartments and then I think he will be here for dinner." Justin kissed Brian's jawline while his hand traced the other side. "Brian, have you seen the preacher on TV that talks about curing homosexuality?"

"Ya, what a sicko! Why are we talking about him?"

"J.Jay told me today that the man in those commercials is his father."

"Fuck. No wonder the kid is so cautious about everything."

"He is so talented and smart." Justin stopped for a minute.

"And? I feel like you were going to say something else."

"It is just something he said today. Cora was in my studio this afternoon and J.Jay came in. As soon as she left, J. said she creeped him out."

Brian stiffened a bit, "Should you be creeped out, too?"

"I don't think so. She does have a little issue with personal space, but I think that is just her. You know, like Lindz or Em."

"Well, don't let her make you feel uncomfortable."

"Bri, are you jealous?" Justin moved so he was straddling Brian's upper chest. He moved so his cock was right above Brian's lips. As he rocked back and forth, Brian began to lick the underside of his penis. Soon the playful teasing became a burning need in both of them. Brian grabbed Justin's hips and moved his mouth enough to let Justin's cock slide down his throat, and as he began to massage his prostate, Justin exploded and Brian sent an explosion of cum down his back.

"Damn, that was amazing." Brian sighed as Justin slipped off him. "And now we need to take a quick shower and put on trunks so we can swim with the kids."

As they stood in the shower, Justin asked, "Are you going to talk to Sally?"

"No, but I plan to talk to Brandy. Maybe they should take some time away as a couple. We can take Kelin for the weekend. If we wait until next weekend, your mom and Molly will be down and they will help. I'll ask Brandy where they would like to go."

"That sounds like a great idea." Justin kissed him, "Now, let's go play with the kids. It's summer vacation."

 

The pool area filled as the day went on. Connie insisted she keep Kelin in the house with her.  She was too young to be out in the sun and heat. Sally didn't argue. She jumped in the pool and was soon playing with Gus, while Brian and Justin had Aaron and Jess. Henry was in and out with them and soon Nat arrived.  

By dinner time, Brandy had arrived and so had J.Jay, after getting the students settled. Connie started the grill and soon Brian stood with a beer in one hand and a spatula in the other, flipping burgers and chicken breasts. Finally, Kevin and Tom arrived and dinner was spread out on a serving table near the grill. There were several kinds of salads to go with the sandwiches. Soon they were all sitting around sipping iced tea or wine. Aaron climbed onto Justin's lap "Daddy, need hug."

Justin pulled him close and snuggled with him. "Did you have a good day?"

"I play lots. Ice cream, please?" he asked when he saw Natalia walk past with a dish.

"I'll get it for you," J.Jay said as he walked past. 

"Thanks, J. Just a little bit. He isn't going to be awake long." Justin said as he looked down at his tired son. J.Jay came back and sat down next to Justin and Aaron. He held the dish while Justin fed Aaron the ice cream.

"Daddy, I can do it."

"I know you can but I like to help." Justin smiled at J.

"Justin, do you really trust Cora?"

"I don't have a reason not to. She is well respected."

"Just be careful." Before Justin could comment, J. walked over to Henry and the two walked into the house with Jess to put her to bed. Brian and Brandy followed with Kelin.

"It is so great having you here, Brian." Brandy started changing Kelin's diaper. 

"Brandy, Justin and I were talking and next week his mom and sister will be here. They would love to have this sweetie here. Why don't you and Sally get away for a few days? Where would you like to go? Key West? St. John?"

"Brian, we can't expect you to..."

"You don't expect us. Justin is talking about another baby. I think if we can borrow yours for a few days, he will realize three is enough."

"Brian, are you sure?"

"I am sure. Make it a surprise. Pack a bag for her and take her to the airport."

"I'm not sure that would be the best option. I don't think she would appreciate that big a surprise, but I'll call you tomorrow after I have time to talk to her in the morning." She picked up a now dry Kelin who had fallen asleep.

"Talk to her tonight and let me know tomorrow where you want to go."

"Thank you, Brian." Brandy started to get choked up. "I love her so much and I want us to be a family like you and Justin are."

"Give her a little time, and one on one time can't hurt. She will remember how much she wants a family with you."

"That sounds like a great idea, whatever it is." Kevin put an arm around Brian and Brandy. 

"What do you think of the idea of having Kelin stay with us for a few days and Brandy can take Sally away. I know it isn't a solution, but I'm hoping Sally will at least remember how much they love each other."

‘I think that is a great idea." Kevin took his sleeping granddaughter out of Brandy's arms. "I am going to sit in the rocker with a cup of decaf."

"I'll get it for you." Brandy kissed Kevin's cheek and walked to the coffee pot. 

Brian went back outside and sat next to Justin who now had a sleeping Aaron on his lap. Gus had also fallen asleep on a nearby chair. Brian put an arm around Justin, who leaned against him.

Sally, who had been talking to Tom and Nat, walked into the house where Brandy was putting a few things away in the kitchen. "What are you doing in here?" She said softly but angrily.

"Kelin needed to be changed." Brandy said softly.

"How long does that take? You will do anything so you don't have to spend time with me," she snapped.

"Oh, babe, that isn't it at all. You..."

Sally whipped around and for the first time noticed Kevin sitting across the room with her sleeping daughter. Kevin waved her over. Sally walked over and sat near him. "Sally, have you talked to anyone?"

"About what, Kevin?"

"Sal, I can see you've lost your spark."

"Kev, I just had a baby. I guess I just didn't realize how much it would take out of me. Now that I am back to work fulltime."

"You know it isn't unusual to feel this way, right?"

"Please, Kevin, I'm really tired. She will be awake soon and want to drain me. Brandy, we need to go."

"Sally, we all love you and I am so glad we are all together." For a moment Kevin saw his Sally inside the shell of a woman that looked like her.

"I love you, too, Kevin."

Kevin stood and began to hand Kelin to Sally but she turned and walked away. Brandy walked over and took the sleeping angel. "I'll call you tomorrow," she said as he kissed her.  

"Brandy, you will know what to do to make her feel as loved as she is."

"Brandy, you coming?" Sally called from the door.

"Coming, dear." Kevin patted her shoulder and she walked away.

Henry and J.Jay had gotten Jessi down and went back out by the pool. They found Brian and Justin just heading into the house, each carrying one of their boys. "Now that is perfect timing.  You two can entertain Nat and Tom until they are ready to leave.  We have father stuff to do." Justin smiled at the two younger men.

Henry and J.Jay kissed both the sleeping boys and then shut the door once Brian and Justin had walked in. They moved further out onto the deck and sat across from Tom and Nat. Henry put an arm around J.Jay, and for the first time, J. didn't pull away when they weren't alone.

Nat smiled at them. "You have nothing to feel self conscious about. You are among friends."

"I know. Thanks," J. said softly. "Is it true you were a priest?"

"It is." 

"Why aren't you now?"

"There are several reasons. The main reason was I was in love and priests can't be married." Tom pulled Natalia close.

"And it didn't help that I was trans. If he had fallen in love with a real woman..."

"You are the realest woman I have ever met," J.Jay said softly.

"Tom, do you know the psycho homophobe preacher that's on TV?" Henry asked. And then looked at J.Jay who nodded.

"Yes, I know who you mean."

"He's my dad," J.Jay blurted out.

"Nat mentioned that. Is there anything I can do for you?" Tom asked sincerely.

"No. He won't change his mind, no matter what. He only sees what he wants to see. It was the way he was raised. He just took over the family business from my grandfather."

"What about your mother?" Nat asked calmly.

"She will never go against anything Dad says."

Tom continued, "Do you think she wants to talk to you? To be a part of your life?"

Henry tightened his arm around J.Jay. "J. hopes to try to talk to her this summer. This will be his last try. He won't keep dragging it out. If she says no this time, he isn't going to try again."

"Oh, J., that is so hard, but I think it is the right thing to do. Do you know how you are going to make the meeting happen?"

"I'm not sure. I talked to her before I moved to Pittsburgh so I am guessing her number is still the same. But even if she says she will meet with me, she is always careful where she goes because she is usually with someone. She is rarely out on her own."

"Would you like me to talk to her? I could help you set up a place."

"I hope she will come to one of the gallery shows. I could show her my work and I could talk to her...." 

Henry felt J. Jay's body tremble. "I think maybe we should head to bed. The kids will wake up early."

"Ya, we need to head out, too." Tom said as he and Nat stood along with J. and Henry.  "Promise me if there is anything I can do to help, you'll call me."

J. didn't respond but Henry said, "I promise, he will. Thank you." J.Jay nodded his head and mouthed the words, thank you.

 

Brian and Justin had put the kids in bed and then gone to their own room. Brian opened the bottle they kept in their room and poured them each two fingers of whiskey and they sat on the little balcony off their room and watched the small group by the pool. They couldn't hear the conversation but it appeared to be serious.

"Suppose they are talking about J's parents?" Brian asked as he brought his mouth to Justin's neck.

"Probably. They really have a lot in common. The fact that Tom was a priest and with Nat... well, things overlap in many ways." Justin turned and brought his mouth to Brian's, sliding his tongue into Brian's mouth. Justin's hand rested on Brian's cheek.

Feeling the warmth of Justin's hand, Brian deepened the kiss and after a few minutes, Justin stood up and stretched a hand out and Brian took it. They walked into their room and as he turned to shut the doors, Brian's arms wrapped around his shoulders, pulling him back against him. He tightened his arms. Brian whispered softly, "I love you, Sunshine. It is going to get crazy next week, isn't it."

"Yes. But I promise, family will come first. There are only a few times I won't be free to come home."

"I can't wait to see you dressed for the exhibitions. You are so handsome and I love to watch you working the room. You are in your element and when you are that confident. Fuck, you are irresistable." Brian pressed his pelvis against Justin's ass. "I want you." His voice was filled with need.

Justin turned around and pressed his pelvis against Brian's and said, "Well, take me."

Moments later they had stripped and, after pulling the blankets back, they dropped onto the bed.  Brian hovered above Justin and then began to move slowly, in and out. Each stroke was slow and long and as their passion grew Brian kept the same pace until they were both on the edge of madness. And then, in one last thrust, their eyes locked and they tumbled over the edge.

As they laid in their bed wrapped in each other's arms, they talked about the kids, and the studio, and Legacy, and Jenn and Molly's trip, until they drifted off to sleep.

 

Henry lay awake with J.Jay next to him. His mind wandered to the image of the man he had seen on TV. How could a man like that raise the amazing person laying next to him? He loved J.Jay. He hadn't dared to say those words again, but it was how he felt. J. had been so hurt. He wasn't allowed to be who he really was. He had come a long way since he started working for Justin, but how long would it be before he would be comfortable with who he was. How did he convince the man he loved that he didn't care if he had a cock or a vagina? He just loved him.  Maybe if J.Jay could meet with his mother, some things could be settled and J. would finally feel free to love.

J. whimpered in his sleep. That happened almost nightly. Henry had asked him several times what he was dreaming but he swore he didn't remember. He didn't believe that. Whatever interrupted his sleep was real to him, and when he woke J.Jay often still had the look of terror on his face. It would take a hot shower and a good breakfast to regain his composure. But no matter what happened, he was there for J. and he always would be.   

J.Jay startled awake and Henry took him in his arms. "J.  I'm here. You're safe, Baby. I'll protect you." 

In his sleep, J. mumbled, "love you," and with that, he curled against Henry and soon he was asleep and finally, Henry drifted off, too.