- Text Size +

 

The boys finally went to bed when Molly agreed to read Gus and Aaron a story in their room. The adults went outside and sat in or around the hot tub. Jenn and Kevin dangled their feet in the water while Justin and Brian sat in the bubbling water and they all sipped on glasses of wine. 

"Justin, since Dad already knows what I am doing and I know, Jenn, you won't say anything at this point."

"Of course I won't, Brian."

Brian smiled at his mother in law and flicked a little water at her. "Connie told me that she has been helping fund education for girls who got out of the business. We all know there are programs out there, but not nearly enough, and many of them have outrageous requirements.  Dad," Brian patted his dad's knee, "is checking on starting a new branch of Legacy that would help men and women trying to get out of that line of work."

"I know several individuals that have been looking for a new project. We have just started looking into this, but knowing Connie, I think she would be the perfect director of a program. The fact that she has a felony record might be an issue. We may have to find someone that could be the face of the program while Connie ran it in the background. Do you think she would be willing to do that?"

"Dad, if it will help her girls, she would do anything. She is working here so she can keep up with the promises she made. I did some checking today and even most of the cops she interacted with said she was the real deal. She cares about these women and for those that want to stay in the business, we can have some support services for them."

"That sounds like an amazing program," Jenn said.

"I agree, Mom. And, Connie would be so amazing in that position." Justin kissed Brian who wasn't satisfied with a quick peck, he pulled Justin onto his lap and deepened the kiss.

Jenn and Kevin looked at each other and both laughed. "Well, Kevin, I think I am going to head to bed. We were up very early to get on a plane and I will check on all five children."

Kevin stood and offered Jenn his hand, "I'll check on the girls if you check on the boys and your girl." Brian and Justin waved at them as they walked away. And as they began to shed their trunks, Justin straddled Brian's legs and they began to rock against each other.

 

Brandy walked up behind Sally and wrapped her arms around her waist. Kissing her pulse point behind her ear she said, "Can you believe this view?"

"It is stunning." Sally rested against Brandy as they both enjoyed the breeze off the ocean and the colors of the sky as the sun sank into the water. "Brandy, why do you love me?"

"Oh, Sal, I don't know how I couldn't love you. You are the most amazing woman I have ever known. You are talented and loving and the most gorgeous human I have ever seen." Brandy tried to pull her closer, but she took a step away.

"No, Brandy! I can't even love our daughter. I am broken and now I am worthless."

Brandy stepped closer and put a hand on either side of her face and drew her slowly toward her own lips. A shiver ran down Sally's spine and slowly she reached out, putting her arms around Brandy's neck. She pressed her body against Brandy and when the kiss ended she softly said, "Can we take a walk on the beach?"

"We can do anything you want, love. They took a small funicular from the hotel to the beach and just as they arrived the beams of light began to reach across the water as if to caress the women on the sand. After strolling a short distance from the hotel they found a cabana with a swinging bench in it and they sat down. It was a small three sided hut only a few feet from the high tide mark.

Sally pulled her feet up under her and she rested her head on Brandy's shoulder. "Bry, I want to love her. I think I do love her, but somehow... I don't know how to explain it."

"You don't have to explain it. The next 3 days it is just you and me. "Remember the first time we met?"

"The view wasn't quite the same." Sally laughed, making Brandy's heart sing. 

Brandy kissed the top of her head. "If I remember right, we were in that filthy alley. The smell was so bad."

"But later that night we climbed to the roof of the building and watched the sun set and then watched the moon come up."

"And then we held hands for the first time. I still remember the electricity between us. I knew we belonged together." 

"And we do, right?"

"Of course," Sally adjusted so she could kiss Brandy. Brandy pulled her against her and her hand began to move up Sally's bare midriff. Just as she touched her breast someone nearby cleared their throat. They both jumped.

"Excuse me, ladies. We have a report of a thunderstorm rolling in," a young man in a hotel uniform stood to the side.  

"Sean, how did you know we were here?" Sally asked, reading his name tag. Brandy took her hand as they followed the man.

"We are a boutique hotel. We only have a small number of guests. We knew the funicular was still down here so we figured you were too."

"Is this a real storm coming?" Brady was a little concerned.

"Oh, no. Just a little wind and a lot of rain tonight but by sunrise it will all be cleared out."

Sean helped them into the funicular car and slowly moved it up the cliff. As they moved up he pointed out the cloud front moving nearer and bolts of lightning making it look more ominous. "Are you on your honeymoon?"

"Well, I guess it could be. We couldn't afford one when we got married," Sally said.

Brandy continued, "Can you believe this beautiful woman had a beautiful baby girl less than four months ago?"

"I am sure she is as beautiful as her mothers," Sean said as he opened the door of the car just as they felt the first drop of rain. Just as they arrived at the veranda the sky opened and a torrent of water came down.

The women thanked Sean for saving them and then moved to their room. Whether it was the beach or the rain the women began to pull off their clothes and then were lying on the bed with the big canopy. Brandy began stroking and kissing Sally and for the first time in months, she didn't put Brandy off. Soon they were covered with the sheen of sex and silk sheets.

Sally drug her finger across Brandy's chest and around her nipples making her shiver. "I love every curve of your body." Her finger moved down and started tracing the thin lines that stood out against her dark skin. Some of them were in neat little rows and some of them were random. "Do you ever think about cutting now?"

"No, Sal. You know I haven't for over ten years."

"I know you don't do it, but do you think about doing it?"

"No, not really. On a 16 hour day at the diner and someone didn't show up or walked out and a shipment doesn't arrive, I might think about getting some release, but then I think about you and Kelin. Sometimes I even think about Father Kev and about Brian and Justin. Just thinking about family reminds me of all the people that have my back, people that would be here at our side in moments if we needed them."

Outside thunder had gone from soft rolling in the distance to window rattling. The sky lit the island like it was day before throwing it into the darkest night again. Brandy stood and lightly tugged Sally's hand. Grabbing the sheet off of the bed, Brandy wrapped the silk around them both and opened the door to the balcony. The breeze blew through the room. At times they felt a little of the rain but then one moment the wind picked up and before they knew it they were drenched. When they looked at each other they began to laugh. They both got the giggles and soon they were sitting on the floor, in a puddle of water still laughing.  

Sally scooted closer and wrapped a leg around Brandy and Brandy did the same. They slid in closer and closer until their very cores were pressed tightly against each other. As they moved against each other, their heat and desire grew until they both cried out as orgasms flooded over each of them.

"Brandy," Sally said softly. "I know I need help and I'm ready to get it now. When we get back I'll go talk to the counselor."

"Oh, darling," Brandy pulled her close and kissed her. "Now let's go take a hot shower and then get some sleep. I plan to do a lot of nothing tomorrow. Lying in the sun and making love is all I plan on doing."

"Do you think there might be some way to get some food? I just realized I'm starving." Sally walked to the bar and picked up a menu. "Perfect. 24 hour room service. You go start the shower and I will order something and join you in a minute."

 

After a hot shower, they wrapped each other in robes and then sitting cross legged on the bed they ate the sandwiches Sally ordered, and then, after making the bed with the fresh sheets Sally had also ordered, they got in bed and slept better than they had in months.

 

J.Jay's phone rang near midnight. He looked at Henry and then at the number. He didn't recognize it. "Should I?"

"Let me." It was the first time Jay received a call from anyone other than from the people he knew. "Hello, Henry here." Henry tried to sound cheery as he put it on speaker phone.

"Oh, I thought this was Joanna's number. I'm sorry I..."

"I'm here, Mom." J.Jay softly responded.

"Oh, darling, I heard you were in town. Joanna, please, may I see you?"

"Mom, it's J.Jay now." All of the sudden it hit him, "Where's Dad? He's not there, is he?"

"No, he is out of town. He will be back tomorrow night so he can lead worship on Sunday."

"How did you know I was here?"

"You went for dinner..."

"I had a feeling she told you."

"She knows how much I miss you. Can I see you?"

"Mom, that's not a good idea. I don't want him to be angry with you." Henry put his arm around J. as tears rolled down his cheeks. 

"But, Joa...J, I miss you so much."

Henry took the phone from J.Jay and took it off speaker. "Mrs. Carter, my name is Henry and I am a friend of your son's. I think this is a little too much for J. right now. If you have a chance to call him in a couple weeks, that might be better. We will be around all summer."

"Henry, are you his..."

"I'm his friend. I will always have his best interest at heart."

"Thank you, Henry. Reverend Carter will be out of town at the end of the month. I would love to see my dau..., my child."

"Text him that week. Good night." Henry tossed the phone and wrapped his arms around J.Jay who had slowly dissolved into a heap on the bed. "You really miss them, don't you?"

"I miss Mom. My brothers and my dad, I miss the thought of a family. I remember when I was little. I was finally the daughter that completed the family. Everyone knew I was a tomboy and said it was because of my three brothers. Mom and I were always close, but as I got older, she realized I wasn't just an athlete or sporty. She kept it from my father for as long as she dared, but eventually she realized I truly was different. I would never be the daughter she wanted me to be. It's been so long since I saw her. What did she say at the end? I couldn't hear it all."

"She said your dad will be out of town at the end of the month and she is hoping you can get together."

"Really? She wants to see me or does she want me to ‘change'?"

"I can't be sure but she will text you when he goes." Henry kissed his forehead. "Now, it's time for some sleep. You have a couple art students to show around the city tomorrow and I have four children to assist with."

"Thanks, Henry," J said as he laid against him. "I lo... I'm glad you're here." Minutes later they were sound asleep.

 

Saturday was a beautiful day. Justin was up early with Kelin when J.Jay silently moved into the kitchen. Justin jumped a little when he realized he wasn't alone. "You're up early, especially for a Saturday. Everything alright?"

"Ya, I just ...."

"Grab us each a cup of coffee and then sit down and tell me about it."

J.Jay doctored Justin's coffee the way he liked it and he made a cup for himself. Then they sat at the counter on stools. Justin waited patiently and when he noticed J. looking at a now sleeping Kelin he offered to pass his niece to him. At first he shook his head but then he took the passive child. As Justin expected, J.Jay started talking while he looked at the beautiful child.

"My mom called last night." He paused. Justin touched his arm encouraging him to continue.  "I am sure the woman I saw in the cafe told her I was in town."

"How did that go?"

"She wants to see me." 

"Do you want to see her?"

"I do, but I don't want it to cause problems for her. If Dad finds out I don't know what he would do."

"He wouldn't hurt her, would he?"

"No, he would just guilt her into telling her where I am. And if he finds out how to get a hold of me, my life will never be the same. Because of you... and Henry, I have finally realized who I really am and who I want to be."

Justin saw Connie walking to the kitchen but she stopped when she saw the men talking. "J.Jay, if you need anything from Brian or I, all you need to do is ask. You know Kevin and Tom will help in any way they can, too."

"Thanks, I know." He handed the infant back to Justin. "I'm going to grab a cup for Henry."

"Do that. What time were you going to take the students out today?"

"I'm going to be there about noon."

"Tell Henry to go with you. Mom and Molly are here and so is Kevin. We got the kids."

"Are you sure?"

"Enjoy your day. Show Henry your city. Tell him we'll expect both of you and the students at the pool tomorrow."

"Thanks, Justin!" The usually stoic J.Jay nearly skipped toward his room.

"You do know I will keep this little one as much of the day as you would like," Connie said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Thanks for giving us a moment."

"Is everything alright with J?" Connie asked with motherly concern.

"I hope so. It's a family issue. I am sure if he needs something he or Henry will talk to us." Justin laid Kelin in the cradle they kept near the sofa. "His mother called him last night."

"Oh, the poor boy. He has told me how much he misses her."

"I knew he had talked to you about his family. I'll let him tell you the details but it shook him up."

"I'm always here for him." She looked at Justin. "Go kiss Brian good morning and get ready for your day. I have this little one."

"Thanks, Connie. You do so much more for us than you were hired to do."

"Well, you bring out the best in me. I am glad you are still around for the rest of the summer."

"What will you do when we leave?" Justin asked, wondering if she was planning ahead.  

"I will start looking for employment the first of August. I'll be fine for quite a while if I don't find something. Even without access to my accounts. Now go to Brian."

Justin kissed her cheek and headed to their bedroom. He opened the door quietly. Brian laid sprawled on his stomach across the bed. He removed his clothes quietly and then moved onto the bed sliding up between Brian's spread legs. He began to rock, sliding his cock against the valley between his ass cheeks.

"Damn, are you going to fuck me?" 

Justin laid across his back and kissed his neck. "Do you want me to?"

"I am guessing we don't have time, considering how late it is." Brian threw him off and slid across Justin's chest and kissed him long and leisurely. They were both slightly aroused and yet very relaxed. "Let's grab a shower before going to breakfast."

Thirty minutes later they walked into the kitchen to find Molly, Jenn, and Kevin sitting at the table with Gus, Aaron, and Jessi. Everyone was smiling broadly as J.Jay and Henry played waiters for Connie. Gus and Aaron giggled when, with a flourish, Henry set a plate in front of Gus. J.Jay did the same in front of Aaron. Jessi clapped from all the excitement.

Molly, who had a little crush on both J.Jay and Henry, thanked J. as he set a plate in front of her. "This all looks so good. Thanks, Connie." 

"You are so welcome, Molly. I just enjoy seeing everyone enjoy my food."

Brian and Justin walked around the table giving everyone hugs and kisses and then Justin looked at Henry and J.Jay. "You two are off the house clock. Go take a dip or whatever you want. If anything comes up with sightseeing, give me a call."

"We will," Henry said. "Thanks for the time off."

"If we had any more people to watch the kids we'd have to start wondering what to do. I mean we have 4 kids with 6 to watch them. Don't think twice about us."

"I like those two," Kevin said. "J.Jay needed someone like Henry in his life. Friends or lovers, they are good together."

"Yes, they are," Jenn agreed. "This is where J.Jay is from, right? Does he have a family?'

"Grandma, can we go swing?" Gus asked Jenn.

"Sure, Gus."

"Aaron, come too?" Aaron asked.

"How about if we all go?" Kevin said, picking Aaron up.  

"You coming, Molly?"

"No, I'm going to video chat with my friends." Molly said as she stood and headed toward her room.

As Kevin and Jenn walked out the boys, Brian said, "I guess it is just you and me and the girls." Brian had to laugh, "And did you ever think you would hear me say that?"  

Justin laughed, "Glad I don't have to worry." He stood and kissed Brian before lifting Jessi up.

Brian looked at Justin and then at Connie, "Connie, why don't you have a seat. Relax for a while."

Connie grabbed a mug and filled it with coffee. Then she picked up a crescent roll and sat by the table. "You aren't letting me go, are you?" Connie was smiling but there was the slightest twinge of worry in her face.

"No, you are stuck with us until the end of August," Justin said and then let Brian go on.

"I have started something, but before I go any further, I want to make sure you are interested."

"I'm listening." She took a bite of the roll.

Brian pushed back from the table and crossed his long legs. My dad and I are working on getting some funding to open a new foundation that would focus on women who want to get off the streets, or possibly they work for a setup similar to what you ran, and they aren't looking to change professions but they need support in some other way. In other words, we would help them the same way you have been doing."

"I can't believe this! This is what I have wanted to do for so long. It's what I had planned until they froze my accounts."

"Obviously we have a long way to go to make this happen. Connie, if it comes to fruition, we would like you to be a very big part of it, but I won't beat around the bush, you are a felon. You can't be the face of the foundation."

"Oh, Brian, I don't care if I work in the basement of the building. I don't want the spotlight. I just want this for the girls." She started to add some of her own thoughts. "I want there to be daycare for the children. I want to help get them grants and scholarships. Insurance is always hard for them."

Brian raised his hand to stop her, "We have all of that on our list. I just wanted you to know what we hope to accomplish. Start writing down things you have on your wishlist, but more importantly, we need to find someone as the public face. This has to be a person that has a squeaky clean reputation." Brian could see Connie's mind absorbing everything he had just told her. 

"Connie, we know this is a lot to take in," Justin said as he handed Jessi to Brian. "We just want you to start thinking, and if you aren't interested in helping, that is fine, too, we will just need to look for two people running it."

"Oh, ya, I am interested. I don't know how to thank you." Connie stood and started picking up a few dishes left on the table.

"Come up with someone you could work with and we will work on the rest."

"I will start thinking.  I... Thank you." As if on cue, Kelin started fussing and Justin went to pick her up. "I'll get a bottle for her. Why don't you take the girls out to the shaded patio and I will bring it out to you." 

 

The day had been a relaxing one for Brandy and Sally. Sean had been right. When they had woken in the morning the sun was streaming in the windows, as was the fragrance of rain soaked tropical flowers and the scent of the ocean below. They had eaten breakfast in the outdoor cafe overlooking the waves as they rolled in. The buffet was spectacular. There were all kinds of fresh fruit and flaky pastries along with quiches and crepes. 

After ordering a picnic basket to be delivered to the beach in several hours, they took the funicular back to the beach. They went back to the cabana they had found last night. There had been a large lounge chair placed near it and the women spent the entire day in paradise. A cooler that included their lunch and a variety of beverages was delivered mid morning and they were set. By the time they returned to the hotel at 5:00, the women felt more relaxed than they had in months and they remembered how much in love they were.  

It was about 6:00 pm when Kevin's phone rang. The day in Atlanta had been full of relaxation, too. Right now the family was sitting around the pool deck as Brian and Justin finished grilling dinner. "Hey, Sal, how are you, my girl?" Kevin asked cheerily.

"Oh, Father Kev, it is so beautiful and I will tell you more but I need to know how Kelin is."

"Your daughter is perfect, if not a little spoiled. She really is a little angel."

"I miss her." That made his heart skip a beat. "I know I have a way to go yet but I've had time to let everything sink in. I know it is not Kelin's fault and it isn't my fault. I just need a little support for a while."

"Sally, I am so happy you realize that. I know you will get past this, and we are all here for you.  Is Brandy next to you?"

"Brandy, Kev wants to talk to you," Sally said off to the side of the phone. "She just finished taking a shower. Love you. Kiss my little girl for me. I'm going to go shower now so we can go to dinner soon." 

"Hey, Father Kev, everything good?" Brandy said into the phone.

"Everything is good. It sounds like everything is very good in St. John."

"It is. I know nothing is solved but I really think Sal has turned the corner."

"I am so glad. If you don't mind, I need to go. Our dinner is ready and I have a feeling the two of you will be going out soon, too."

"Yes, say hi to everyone and kiss Kelin for me. I know she is well cared for but I miss her so much."

"Enjoy yourself. We will talk tomorrow evening." Kevin ended the call and said hi to everyone from the girls.

Just as everyone sat down, Henry and J.Jay walked up. "Just in time," Molly said eagerly, as her two favorite men walked up. They filled their plates and sat one on either side of Molly. Soon the kids were done and as Henry finished eating, he and J.Jay volunteered to take the kids in. It was obvious they were getting tired. J. carried Jessi while Gus and Henry each took one of Aaron's hands and the five of them walked into the house.

 

The remainder of the weekend went smoothly. Justin's students joined them Sunday and by Monday morning Justin was excited to go in. They had four days to put the show together and at least two of them would be without Cora. He was already planning for next summer, but he would not be using the same gallery unless he was assured she wasn't going to be there.

As predicted. Justin and J.Jay spent long days at the studio on Monday and Tuesday. The projects for the show needed to be completed so drying could occur before the show on Friday.  Wednesday they would plan the layout and then set up would occur on Thursday and Friday morning, leaving Friday afternoon free for any last minute emergencies. Justin just hoped everything went smoothly so he could spend as little time as possible in that building. He had actually called a couple galleries trying to find one that would let them use their facilities before the next two students came in.  

When Justin arrived home on Wednesday he was exhausted. He was so glad his Mom and Molly had been here all week. He felt like he had deserted the kids. He had left early and come home late the last three days. Just as he was leaving the gallery tonight Cora had arrived but thankfully, he was already in the car and J.Jay quickly pulled out, almost before Justin had the door shut, so they didn't need to talk to her. They were only a couple blocks away when Justin received a text. ‘I need to meet with you in the morning to see your finalized plans for the exhibit.' Before he could respond she said, ‘9:00 a.m. my office.'

Now as he lay in bed with Brian he said, "Fuck, why does she need to talk to me?"

"Is it in your agreement? Do you need to have her approve the setup?"

"She has the final go, but nowhere does it say I have to meet with her. And all she can really do is tell me something can't be where we put it because of fire code."

"Well, then, you aren't going to meet with her. I will go in with you at 10:00, after a conference call I have, and I will help you set up. Do you think you will have enough time to organize it?"

"That should work. Kevin is going to take Kelin along to the airport to pick up her mommies so Henry, Mom, and Molly will have the kids. Thanks, Brian."

"I just wish I knew why she bothered you so much. I mean, I know you aren't a person that panics. You can handle yourself."

"I really don't know. I just find her ominous. I think by Friday, I will have the new gallery lined up.  It is going to cost $20,000 to back out of the contract but..."

"I'd pay $50,000 to make you feel comfortable."

"The only problem is the new place doesn't have sleeping quarters."

"I bet Connie can help us find a place near the gallery that is reasonable. She knows the city well."

"I'll ask her while you have your call tomorrow." 

"Goodnight, Sunshine."

"Love you, Brian."

"Love you, too." and they both stopped talking and fell asleep.

 

At 8:30 Justin got a message from Cora, ‘You didn't respond. I am expecting you at 9:00'.

Justin responded, ‘My contract does not require me to meet with you. By noon on Friday, you can do your final walk through.' 

‘But I insist.' Cora came back.

‘Call my lawyer. Number is on the contract.'

"Connie, do you know anything about Cora?"

"Well, I know who she is."

"Have you ever heard rumors about her? Any kind of stories?"

"I remember a couple of my clients, back in the day, mentioning her while they waited for their date. One night a couple men arrived after a showing at the gallery. It was a show of some dark pieces and they were talking about how weird she was acting around the kinky works. They were joking with me that I should hire her for the guys who are looking for that kind of evening."

"You never talked to her, did you?"

"No. We didn't cater to those kinds of dates. I have a friend that has a playhouse just for those kinds of evenings."

"At least that makes me feel like I am not totally paranoid."

"No, it isn't you."

"One more thing, Connie. Do you know of a place that would have housing for two students at a time. Either an apartment with two bedrooms, that we could have for the summer, or a hotel. It should be within a few blocks of the new gallery."

"I have a couple places that might. I will check around today and let you know."

"Thanks, Connie. That would be great." 

"Are you ready to go?" Brian said, wrapping his arm around Justin.

"As soon as J. appears. We have a couple minutes."

"Connie, if you don't mind turning around, I just thought of something we could do while we wait." He pulled Justin against him and placed his hands on his ass, pulling him close. Connie walked into the laundry room, laughing. Brian and Justin kissed until J. cleared his throat. 

"Did you want me to take a separate car?"

"If you want to go ahead, but I don't think you will need to," Justin commented.

"I definitely don't want to stay there any longer than I have to. I'll go with you."

When they arrived Justin was surprised Cora's car was not in the lot. They could set up the show in peace.

The two young artists, J.Jay, Justin, and Brian worked from 10:00 until 1:00 before they took a break. As the five of them sat around the gallery eating sandwiches they ordered from the cafe, they relaxed and chatted. Brian and Justin sat on the small staircase, side by side. As Justin took the last bite he got a message. He pulled out his phone and gasped. He stood and walked in a circle.

"Justin, what are you doing? Who was the message from?"

"Cora." He pointed to several spots around the room. "She's been watching us all day."