- Text Size +

 

Kevin led Brian to a sofa. He had totally shut down. "Daddy, is something wrong with Daddy J?" Gus ran up to him with concern on his face.

Brian picked him up. "Gus, everything will be fine. Daddy just went somewhere with the lady."

"Then why are there police here?"

Brian looked up and saw Henry and J.Jay standing nearby. "Gus, I want you to go home with Henry and J."

"But, Daddy, I want to find Daddy J." A tear trickled down Gus' cheek.

Henry walked over and picked Gus up. "Gus, your daddy will call us as soon as Justin is found, but right now, it will be best if we go home."  As Henry walked away with him Gus sobbed on his shoulder.  

One of the detectives almost stopped them but the lead nodded them on. "Let them go. We know where they are going."

Kevin stood with an arm around Jennifer who was leaning against him for support. Kevin walked her to the sofa and she sat next to Brian and he took her hand. "I am sorry, Jenn. I promised I would protect him. I was right there and then..."

"Brian it isn't your fault. It was that crazy woman." 

"We have him! The ambulance is on the way!" said a young officer as he ran in from the back door.  

Brian beat the detectives to the back door. "Ambulance, please tell me he's alive," he said as he grabbed the officer.

"He is unconscious but appears uninjured." The officer looked at the detectives now behind Brian. "We have her in the back of a car." Several of the detectives rushed out the back. Brian followed. He saw several men around a wooden box and looked around to figure out where Justin was. The ambulance came screaming down the alley and when it stopped by the officers Brian realized Justin had to be in the box. Brian was held back as he tried to get near him.

"Get the hell off me! Let me see him."

Kevin walked up behind him and put his hand on Brian's shoulder. "Son, let the paramedics do their job. I am sure you will be able to ride with him."

The next ten minutes was a flurry of activity. Soon, Justin was on a gurney and Brian was allowed to get in the back before the doors were shut and the ambulance pulled out into traffic. Kevin messaged J.Jay that Justin was on the way to the hospital and that he seemed ok.  "There is no reason to frighten Gus tonight." Kevin guided Jenn to the car so they could head to the hospital. As they pulled out of the parking lot there were about a dozen police officers moving through the gallery heading toward Cora's office.

 

By the time J.Jay and Henry got back to the house with Gus they had heard Justin was on his way to the hospital. Henry carried Gus into the house but after helping Gus into his pajamas, he said, "I don't want to stay here alone." Aaron was sleeping in Molly's so Gus would be in the room by himself.  

J.Jay softly said to Gus, "Would you like us to sleep in here with you?"

"Oh, yes, please. I'm so worried about Daddy J."  

Henry smiled at J. "I'll go get us something to sleep in."  

Soon the three of them were in bed. Gus laid between Henry and J. who each held one of Gus' hands. Gus kissed both of them on a cheek and soon he was sleeping soundly. Henry reached across Gus and touched J.Jay's cheek. "I love you, J. You knew what Gus needed and immediately made him feel better."

J.Jay caught Henry's hand and kissed it. "Good night, Henry."

 

When Kevin and Jenn arrived at the hospital, they heard Brian before they saw him. "What is going on? I need to be with him! Where is he?"

Kevin followed Brian's voice and then put his arm around his son's waist, "Brian, Jenn will find out what's going on. Let's go find a seat." Kevin led him to a bench a short distance away while Jenn spoke to the nurse. Before Kevin could calm Brian down, Jennifer walked over and sat on the other side of Brian.  

She took his hand and softly said, "He's going to be fine, Brian." 

Kevin did the sign of the cross and said, "Thank God."

Brian kissed Jennifer and hugged her tightly. "Can I see him?"

"They will come get you soon. She had sedated him."

"The woman is fucking insane. If I get near her... Dad, can you take Sunshine and Jennifer home?"

"Brian, you need to be with your family. I will go to the station. Tom will pick me up. He is already on his way."

"Ok, but let me know what you find out."

Kevin hugged his son. "Kiss Justin for me," he said as he ran out the door. 

"Mr. Taylor?" a young nurse said behind him.

Brian turned, "Yes. Can I see him?" 

"Yes, he is asking for you."

"Jenn?"

"Hug him for me. I will see him when he is ready to go home." She hugged Brian and he walked away.

The nurse left him at the door and Brian walked in. Justin looked so young laying there with his eyes closed. Brian walked to the bed and brushed a lock of hair off his forehead. Justin caught his hand and Brian bent and kissed him. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. I just have a bump on my head so the doc is looking over my records to see if he needs to do more tests. I don't think I hit it very hard."

"You don't remember?"

"I remember she told me a buyer wanted to talk to me about one of the pieces. As soon as I moved toward her I knew it was a mistake. She had it set so she could use her body weight to throw me off balance and as soon as I fell into the crate she injected me with something."

"And luckily he must have just bumped his head lightly." There was a doctor standing by the door.  

"Is he alright?"

"Yes, he will be fine. The slight bump is just that. It is a bruise that has a little swelling. Just take it easy for the weekend."

"He will, doctor." Brian assured him.

"The nurse will be in with papers to sign in about fifteen minutes. Once those are signed you are free to go."

"It can't be soon enough." Brian shook the doctor's hand and then sat down and took Justin's hand in a possessive move. "Damn, I could have lost you again. You are not allowed to leave my sight."

"Well, that might be a little difficult, Brian, but I could use a kiss right now."

"I love you, Sunshine." Brian claimed his lips and they both stopped talking.

 

"Father Cain, we are setting up this room with everything we have so far." Kevin and the detective walked into a room where there was a large screen on the wall. There were pictures of three blondes that could have been Justin's brothers. As he stood there smaller pictures started filling in. As Kevin got closer he noticed each set of pictures were nearly the same. The young men were posed in similar positions, in different stages of dress."

"What are all of these? Where did they come from?"

"After you reported the illegal cameras we sent out a notification to several agencies just to see if anyone recognized the modus operandi. This was less than 48 hours ago and the FBI immediately got a hold of us early this... well, yesterday morning. These three young men disappeared in the last ten years. They were between the ages of 24 and 28."

"They all look related." As the detective said that, Justin's picture popped up next to the other three. Kevin moved closer and looked at the small pictures on the screen. "They are all dead, aren't they?"

"The FBI thinks they are. They have never been found. Cora, not her real name, used a different name everywhere she went. They aren't sure what her real name is but she is obviously very wealthy and very sick."

"And Justin was going to be her next victim."

"It appears so. If Justin and Brian hadn't found those cameras and made us aware of all this, this would be a very different story."

Kevin glanced at his phone, "Speaking of my boys, Justin is on his way home."

"Oh, that's great. She is refusing to talk."

"Has she gotten a lawyer?"

"Not yet. We aren't pushing anything because we are waiting for the FBI, but my detectives think she may have contacted a family lawyer. She may not want us to know who she really is just yet. Father Cain, why don't you go home. Please let your son know we will want to see both of them tomorrow. I will be in contact in the morning."

"Thank you, detective. If your men hadn't found Justin... I can't imagine it. And I appreciate your openness. Many people wouldn't let me be here."

"Father, your son and son-in-law brought this to us in a well thought out procedure. Because of the way they handled all this, three families might finally have answers. You are respectful of me and my men. I know you aren't going to mention this to anyone outside of your house until it hits the news. Right?"

"I will only tell the family. And now, I am going to go check on them. They should be home by now."

"We will probably wait until the FBI arrives so it won't be early." The men shook hands. "Kevin, do you need a ride home?"

"I'll call a taxi."

"No," the detective waved one of the detectives over. "Take Father Cain home," and soon Kevin was on his way.

 

Brian and Justin looked in on Gus and were happy to see he wasn't alone. Henry and J. lay on either side of him and were holding hands over top of him. They stepped back out and Justin held on to Brian for a minute. Jenn let them know that Molly had Aaron and she was bringing Jessi in with her so Brian only had to worry about Justin and Justin didn't need to worry at all.

Justin lay in Brian's arms and asked, "Do you know anything you aren't telling me?"

"I know I was scared shitless tonight. I was so sure I had lost you again." Brian pulled him closer to his chest. "I do get the feeling that the police know more." Justin didn't say anything and Brian realized he was sound asleep. He kissed the top of his head as the tears started. He could have lost him again. It would be a long time before he left his side.

 

Brian hadn't fallen asleep until the sun began to rise and with Justin still feeling the effects of the sedative he had been given, they were both still sound asleep at 10:00 a.m. There was a knock on the door and Molly opened the door. "Justin?" She walked over to the bed and sat on the edge nearest her brother.  

His eyes fluttered. "Mom said I should wake you up." Justin opened his eyes and smiled at his little sister. "Oh, Justin," it was her turn to cry and Justin pulled her close to him.

"I'm fine, Molly." Justin was whispering, not wanting to wake Brian. "She gave me something that made me sleep. I feel like I have a hangover."

"Can I get in on this love fest?" Brian's long arms went around both Justin and rested on Molly's shoulder. He kissed Justin long enough for Molly to groan.

"Young girl here!  Stop please." Molly hugged Justin once more and then kissed his cheek. She stood up and said, "Oh, ya, the police are coming to talk to you at 11:30. Connie will have food ready for you in about half an hour."

"Thanks, Mol, and Mol," Justin said, "I love you."

She ran back and hugged him. "Love you, too." And then she ran out the door.

"We need ten minutes to shower and ten minutes to dress. That means we have 10 minutes to..." Justin started rolling toward Brian.

"Let's spend 20 minutes in the shower."

"Works for me." Justin got out of bed and dropped his shorts as he walked to the bathroom.  

"Damn!" Brian said under his breath and nearly fell stepping out of his own briefs.

 

They made love in the shower and were kissing in the dressing room when there was another knock. "Connie has your brunch ready," Kevin said as he stepped into the room. He looked around and didn't see them until they stepped out of the dressing room in t-shirts and shorts.

"We are almost ready, Dad. I just need to comb my hair."

Kevin looked at Justin, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, Kevin." Justin walked over and kissed his cheek. "I just have a slight headache. Thank you for everything you did last night."

"I didn't do anything but be part of a family."

"Dad, did you learn anything else last night?"

"I'll tell you while you eat." Kevin said as they walked out of the bedroom.

"Daddy J!"  Gus rushed to Justin as he walked into the kitchen. Justin dropped to his knees and held his oldest son tightly. "I was so worried, Daddy."

"I am alright, Gus. It was a little scary but the police got the bad lady right away and I am just fine."

"I'm so glad. Henry and J said you were safe."

"I am and it looked like they were taking good care of you, too."

"Oh, they did. Henry was on this side," he patted his right shoulder, "And J. was on this side," he patted his left side, "and they held my hands."

Justin kissed both of Gus' cheeks before standing up. "Why don't you go outside and see if Henry needs your help with Jessi and Aaron."

"Ok, Daddy. I love you." Gus ran toward the door.

"I love you, too, Gus."

Once Brian and Justin had a cup of coffee and a plate of food, Kevin told them everything he knew. Brian had heard a few things the night before and had told Justin what he knew but now they both forgot to eat and sat in shock as they learned Justin wasn't the first one. "So they think she killed three others?"

"Yes, and they look like your brothers. They were all blonde and had blue eyes." As Kevin finished the sentence the doorbell rang. "You two finish eating and we'll be in the living room when you're ready."

"I'll bring coffee in, Kevin." Connie called after him.

Five minutes later Brian and Justin walked into the living room carrying a tray and a pot of coffee. There were some danish along with cups on the tray and Kevin poured coffee for the two men and told them to help themselves to the pastry.  

One of the men was the detective from the night before while the other introduced himself as an agent for the FBI. "I am so glad to meet you, Mr. Taylor. I have been on this case for nearly ten years and this is the first time I am able to talk to one of her victims. The woman you know as Cora Cumberland has also been known as Candice Carey, Christine Connor, and Casandra Clemmons."

"Do you know who she really is?"

"We are waiting for confirmation but we believe her real name is Corine Cunningham. Mr. Taylor, as an artist, have you ever heard of Charles Cunningham?"

"Oh, ya, he was from northern Canada, wasn't he? He did a lot of stunning nature pictures.  Didn't he disappear out in the wild somewhere?"

"You have a good memory. He and the young man were found about six months later after the spring thaw. Besides being an artist, he had several galleries in Canada and in Washington State. Corine was in her early twenties when her father, along with her fiance, went into the wilderness and never came back."

"Let me guess, her fiance looked like my husband." Brian pulled Justin closer.

"You got it. Cunningham went into a hospital for several years and when she entered society again, she took over a gallery in Seattle. We don't know everything yet, but most of it has fallen into place. She appeared to do well for several years until she met her first victim. She snapped.  She hasn't started talking yet. Her lawyer has arrived and he has told her not to talk just yet."

The detective spoke now. "We found hundreds of pictures of you, mostly from your office and private bathroom. We found pictures of her with her fiance and she recreated the pictures with the men she met."

The agent took over, "Our criminologist's theory is that since the fiance died, they had to die too."

"Did she keep them until spring?" Justin asked. "That would have been eight months from now."

"We aren't sure since none of them have been located, but our experts think she probably kept them for six months. That is the amount of time he was missing."

The men talked for a little while longer before they all stood and Kevin walked the law men to the door.

Connie walked up to Brian and Justin, "There was a phone call while you were with the detectives. Justin, it was someone from the gallery."

"What did they want?" Brian asked.

"He wouldn't tell me. All he would say was he could only talk to one of you since the two of you are on the contract."

Brian kissed Justin, "I'll return the call. You go relax by the pool with the kids. I'll be out as soon as I make this call." Brian moved toward the office and Justin changed into his swim trunks and went outside where J.Jay and Henry were with the kids. Both Aaron and Jessi wanted their daddy so he sat with one on each knee.  

"Justin, I was going to go to the gallery and move everything to the new space but the police still had the place locked down. And then we got an email on our program email that said we couldn't move into the new space. I am so sorry, Justin. I didn't even know where to start to look for a new place."

"J., you have done more than enough. Brian is returning a call to the gallery right now. He might have some answers for us. I never really got to talk to you last night about your mom's visit.  How did that go?"

"I don't know." J.Jay said, but didn't say anything more, and when Justin looked at Henry, he shook his head slightly so he didn't ask anymore.  

"Swim, Daddy," Aaron said. 

"Sure, son." The three men went in the cool pool water to play with the children.

 

Brian called the number at the gallery and a man picked up on the third ring. "Oh, Mr. Kinney, thanks for calling me back. I know you signed an agreement with Cora... or whatever her name really is. You can imagine we are all still trying to figure this all out, but I wanted to speak with you, hoping Mr. Taylor will leave his art program here for the remainder of the summer. I was notified first thing this morning by the Cunningham Group, who actually own the gallery, I guess.  I don't understand it all and they plan to contact you but right now all I know is they would like you to stay with full permission to run the place the remainder of your lease."

"Oh, ok, well I will need to talk to Justin. I wouldn't blame him if he never wanted to step foot in there again, but it is his program so it is up to him."

The call ended and Brian changed into his trunks. He watched his family for a few minutes and felt waves of emotion. Everything that mattered in his world would be in that backyard soon. His dad and ‘sisters' would be here and Molly and Jenn were still there until tomorrow. He really was thinking about cutting back at work. He could work when the kids were grown and out of the house. This was all that was important now. He opened the door and yelled, "Make room for Daddy!" He rushed out and splashed into the pool.

As the day went on, Kevin returned from a visit to the precinct. Sally, Brandy, and Kelin also arrived. Tom and Nat were also going to be arriving soon. With Henry and J.Jay already there, along with Connie, the pool area was full of activity.

With the kids well cared for, Brian, Justin, and Kevin went to the back corner so they wouldn't be overheard. "What have the police found out?" Brian asked, putting his hand high on Justin's thigh.

Kevin saw the possessive move and understood Brian's concern. "They really don't know much yet. The lawyer isn't allowing her to speak. They do believe he is working to get the answers, but there is a lot to work out. We are talking about a serial murder. They are tracking her movements over the last ten years and the galleries she worked in."

"Speaking of galleries, Bri, what did you find out on the phone call?"

"They want you to stay for the summer. They are cutting back on your contract and the only thing we have to pay them is the cut you agreed on for sales. They also are wondering if we are interested in buying the business. Cora, or whatever the fuck her name is, didn't actually own the place. She was talking to them about the purchase but she just leased the space for the summer," Brian said.

"The police think she has been tracking you for at least a year. She probably knew you were planning on coming here for the summer and jumped at having a place for you to hold your school." Kevin smiled at Justin, "If you hadn't been wary, and Connie hadn't known someone who could check the facility, this could have ended so differently. Oh, and the fact, son, that you reported it. The FBI were getting close, but they had only two leads, this one and one in California. Next week they planned to split, a couple agents were going west and some coming here."

"Do we need to go to the station?" Justin asked.

"They would like you there Monday morning but unless they contact us, they said to enjoy your Mom and sister before they leave tomorrow," Kevin replied.

"Speaking of my family, I am going to go let her know I'm safe." Justin kissed Brian who pulled him back and deepened the kiss for a few moments. 

After Justin had walked away, Kevin reached for Brian's hand, "Brian, you do know the threat is past, right?"

"I do, but it was horrible when I thought he had died before, but now we have a family. I could never do it without him."

"You could do it but I know what you mean. You wouldn't want to. He is your heart, and the kids are a part of both of you, but you are both intelligent and observant. Neither of you are going anywhere."

"Dad, I think I am going to quit working."

"Retire? Before you are 40?"

"I would remain the President of the Board, but I would move Ted up to my position. I want to know what is going on but I don't want to make the day to day decisions. I haven't mentioned it to Justin yet, but in the past we had dreamed of traveling the world. This is the perfect time to do this."

"Go for it, Brian. You can afford it. Enjoy your life."

"Thanks, Dad. I just needed your support. Please don't say anything just yet."

"I won't say a word until you announce it."

Brandy and Sally told everyone about the beautiful trip they had taken. They had to leave out a majority of their activities but just the time on the beach and the views from the room had drawn them closer. Sal also let everyone know she had found a therapist and was already feeling better. The evidence was in her reaction as she held Kelin. She cooed and snuggled her daughter as she fed her a bottle.

Brian had asked Connie to order dinner so she didn't have to cook for all of them. She ordered a seafood feast of cold shrimp and lobster rolls along with salads and fruit. Natalia had brought over several desserts so there was a feast for everyone. As everyone began to eat, Kevin sat down with J.Jay and Henry. "Do you mind if I join you?"

"Of course not, Kevin," Henry responded, moving his bottle of beer closer to his plate.

He sat down and commented, "Doesn't this look amazing?"

"It is so good." J. said, popping a shrimp into his mouth. Once he had swallowed it he said, "When I was young we would go to an all you can eat buffet and sometimes that is all I would eat. "But I couldn't afford it until I started working at Britin."

"I knew you liked it, but I didn't realize how much you liked it." Henry squeezed his hand. "I'll remember that."

"I wanted to let you know, I contacted your mom this morning. I didn't tell her of my connection with you because I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable. We are meeting for lunch midweek to talk about our meeting on Friday. We will talk about the Board but, I will talk about my family and then hope she will talk about you."

"I don't think she will talk about me. My dad has almost forbidden her to talk about me."

"Well, the fact that I am a priest and have a connection with Legacy, I think she will open up. I hope so anyway."

"Thank you, Father Kevin."

"Is there anything out of bounds?"

"Please don't say anything about Henry."

"Of course not. Henry is your best friend but I would never say anything more." 

 

The evening wound down. Sally and Brandy took a tired Kelin home after Kevin had lots of snuggle time with her. Natalia and Tom had left early because Nat had a big order to get out on Sunday. "Tom said he would come and help so I can get them out by early afternoon."

"And what can Tom help with?" Brian smirked at Tom.

"I usually end up carrying the decorated trays to one counter and then bring the undecorated to my talented wife."

"Oh, J.Jay," Nat called out as they walked to the gate, "Can you do lunch this week?"

"I think any day will work. We don't have students this week and we aren't moving."

"I'll text tomorrow."

After the kids were in bed, Henry and J.Jay had the monitors and Molly was packing her suitcases. Jennifer, Brian, and Justin sat by the pool. "Mom, I am so glad you came. I am sorry you had to go through the stress though."

"I am glad I was here, too. I had to get my grandma fix. I love them so much. But now, I need to go to sleep. The flight is early in the morning." Jenn kissed both Brian and Justin. "You two better get some sleep, too."

"We'll be going up in a few minutes," Justin said as Jenn walked into the house. "Brian, why were you so quiet tonight?"

"Was I quiet?" Brian crooked a finger at Justin and he walked over and laid down on the chaise lounge next to him. He pulled him close. "You aren't still worried about someone sneaking over the fence to get me."

"Well, I will always worry about you." Brian kissed him as his hand trailed down Justin's back and rested on his firm ass. I want to travel the world. Let's hire a tutor and start planning a trip."

"Brian, you have work."

"Nothing that I can't turn over to someone else. It is time for me to follow your work. Maybe we can get a villa in Italy or maybe you would prefer Greece. Then maybe we could go to Asia or Australia." He continued to stroke Justin's ass as they laid side by side.

"Brian, are you serious?" Do you really think we could do that?"

"Why not? Henry and J.Jay will come along I hope. So we just need to hire a tutor and we will make sure the places we stay have a cook and a housekeeper."

"That sounds so amazing." Justin was getting excited in more ways than one. "I love the idea, but I am having a hard time concentrating on the conversation right now." Justin began to undo Brian's fly and slid his hand in. Brian was erect and Justin brought out his cock and began to gently run his finger over the tip, causing Brian to take in a sharp breath.  

Justin stood up and dropped his shorts to the ground. He moved to straddle Brian as Brian adjusted the chair so he was reclining a bit further giving Justin room to lower himself onto his lap. As Justin began to move up and down slowly, Brian thrust up to meet him. Brian grabbed his hips and held him still as he thrust up faster and faster until he shouted out. Justin arched and came himself.

Moments later they were in the pool rinsing themselves off. Justin had his arms wrapped around Brian and softly said, "Ireland."

"Ireland?"

"I want our first stop to be Ireland. I want to paint a couple castles, maybe find some of your ancestors, and kiss the Blarney Stone."

"Ireland it is! Now, we need to get some sleep before it is time to go to the airport." They wrapped towels around their hips as they strode into the house hand in hand.