- Text Size +

 

"That fucking witch!" Brian walked around the room, flipping off every camera. "I'd love to sue her ass, but she probably has every right to have cameras in this public area. Sunshine, have you ever checked your office and studio area? Those are spaces you privately rented. If we find cameras in any of those areas, that bitch isn't getting a penny of the $20,000." 

Brian took Justin's keys and went up to his office while the artists made adjustments to placement of their work. He let himself into the work area and he didn't see any cameras except in the hallways. Next, he entered Justin's private office space. He looked everywhere he could think of but didn't see any cameras. He called Connie.

"Brian, what can I do for you?"

"Connie, I would never think you had people that might be above the law, but do you know any tech people that could look through the studios here? We just found out that Cora has been watching us all day. This is a public area but if she has cameras in the privately rented areas, we got her."

"I'll make a call and get back to you. I'll try to get someone over there soon." 

"Thanks, Connie. If you save us $20,000, I will put that money into the new foundation."

"Someone will be there soon."

Brian looked a little bit more but couldn't see anything. He then got a text with a picture attached of a young man. ‘He will be there in 5. Don't ask his name.' was all the message said. Brian went down and waited by the door. Exactly five minutes later the young man appeared at the door. Brian let him in. He had on a hat and dark glasses and never looked directly at the cameras in the rooms.  

After only ten minutes the young man had found six cameras. He checked out the apartments where the students were staying and there were none found. There were two in the main work room, both near Justin's work. There were two in Justin's office, and, to Brian's horror, there were two in Justin's private bathroom. "I'll kill her." As quietly as the young man slipped in, he was gone, leaving Brian to talk to Justin about the findings. 

Brian took Justin's hand and led him out the door and into their car. He didn't want to be picked up by a camera outside the building either. "Brian, you're scaring me."

"Sunshine, she definitely has a fixation and we are going to sue her for everything she has, including this gallery, so next year it will be yours to use." Brian tried to add a little lightheartedness. 

"He found six cameras in your rented space."

"The apartments?"

"No. We checked them over and they were camera free."

"Thank god. That could have been the end of my program. Where were the cameras?"

"Well, there were two in the studio, two in your office, and," Brian took his hand, "she had two in your bathroom."

Justin froze for a moment, but then he said with a shaky voice, "I've never been shy." 

"Sunshine, this isn't Babylon. The woman invaded..."

"Brian, don't say anything else, okay? I need to get through tomorrow and I need to push that out of my mind."

"Then let's do the last look and then we won't have to come back tomorrow until late afternoon." Brian got out of the car and took a deep breath before opening Justin's door. If Justin needed support, he would be there to keep him upright. And he would be there to put him back together after he learns all the details.


It was after 6:00 when they left for the day. They had all agreed they preferred to work late today and not have to go in until late afternoon on Friday. Brian and Justin rented two rooms at a nice hotel and made sure the uber had picked them up before Justin, Brian, and J.Jay left for home.

When Brian and Justin arrived home they ate dinner with the family and then helped put the kids to bed. After the kids were in bed, Brian said, "Fill the tub. I'm going to get us a bottle of wine and just tell Connie about the change for tomorrow."

"Hurry back, Bri. I am ready to..."

"I'll be right back!" Brian said as he moved out of the room. He rushed downstairs. He quickly talked to Connie, giving her the details that there were cameras but they weren't talking about them until the show was over. She understood right away. He also asked if she knew a massage company that could have a couple massage therapists here tomorrow around 10:00.  

"I'll do my best."

Brian kissed her. "Thank you for sending over your expert."

"Was it bad?"

"It was really bad. I hope he doesn't dwell on it tomorrow. Now," Brian grabbed a bottle of wine and popped the cork. He picked up two glasses and rushed back upstairs. He found Justin in the tub with his head resting against the slipper tub. Brian knew he had heard him as he set the wine on the little table next to the tub. He gently rubbed Justin's temples for several moments. Eventually he said, "Is there room for me in there?"

"There is room for you all the way in." Justin changed position so he was leaning over the edge of the tub, making it obvious what Justin wanted and where he wanted it. Brian stepped in the tub and soon he was bathing Justin's bud with his tongue. As he probed, he reached around and squeezed Justin's cock so he couldn't cum. 

"Oh, god, Brian, take me. I want you, all of you NOW!"

"No need to rush, Sunshine. We have all night." Brian's tongue went back to work for a couple more minutes before he plunged into him. Brian now grabbed the rolled lip of the tub for leverage and Justin came over and over. He shuttered and cried out more than once before Brian also shouted and grabbed Justin so his back was pressed against Brian's chest. They stayed that way until both of them quit trembling. Brian then separated from him and poured them each a glass of wine before they both relaxed with Brian supporting Justin's back. Brian kept one arm around Justin's chest, feeling as if he needed to protect him.

"Where were the cameras?" Justin asked as Brian refilled his wine glass. 

"I mentioned there were two in the studio. They were aimed so she could see the whole area but the clearest area was yours."

"And they weren't just general surveillance cameras?"

"These were high quality cameras that she could adjust and zoom in. She could watch it live."

"And there were two in my bathroom?" It must have hit Justin what he was really saying. He downed his glass of wine and Brian filled it again. Justin took another big swallow and said, "And she could manipulate the angles? My bathroom?"

"We'll get her but don't let this distract you tomorrow. You deserve an amazing night to show your work and what your talented students are capable of."

"If it wasn't for them and J.Jay I would have removed my show immediately after meeting her. Do we have records of the cameras and their locations?"

"I have already sent them to a lawyer. I can understand why she finds you irresistible, but she went beyond... never mind. We will take care of her after the show."

"You know she is going to want me to be there for her walk through."

"I'll answer your phone when she calls and tell her you are fighting a migraine."

"I hope that is just a lie."

"I think we need to get you to bed and you are taking one of your pills. Better safe than sorry."

Ten minutes later they were in bed. Justin hadn't argued when Brian handed him two of his pills.  Brian laid there until he heard Justin was asleep. He slipped on a robe and headed to the kitchen. He felt violated, so he could only imagine how Justin felt. He was going to torment her.  He wasn't sure how, but he was going to make her suffer. He poured a large whiskey and stood in the dark room looking at the pool.

"Son, what's bothering you tonight?" Brian jumped when he heard Kevin's voice, but felt comfort from his arm around his waist. "There has been something going on all day."

Brian sipped the amber liquid. "The owner of the gallery, Cora Cumberland, has been watching Justin."

"Watching?"

"She has cameras everywhere, including his bathroom."

Kevin tensed. "Have you notified the police?"

"He just wants to get through tomorrow. Do you still have any friends in the police here?"


"I am sure Tom has kept up with my connections. I will contact someone there tomorrow." 

"Thanks, Dad." Brian took another swallow.

"Son, I understand your anger, your husband was visually violated, but you have to let the law take care of this."

"But Dad, that woman has been making him uncomfortable since the first day, but after he told her to back off, she didn't approach him again. She didn't have to." Brian turned into his father's arms and Kevine held him close. "I'm supposed to protect him. I told him I would always be there for him."

"You are there for him and he would never say otherwise." Kevin held onto Brian for several moments. "I heard Connie planning a massage for the two of you.  Now that the girls are back and have Kelin, we can easily handle the kids. Saturday we will all get together. We are all here for each other."

"I love you, Dad. Thank you. How did you know I was here?"

"I guess God told me. I was saying my bedtime prayers and I just felt led to come here."

"I'm glad you listen to your boss." Brian kissed his cheek, "Good night, Dad."

 

Brian was up very early and on the phone with both their lawyer and a police detective. The police promised to send a couple officers to mainly keep an eye on Justin. Since Cora didn't know they had found the cameras, she isn't going to be wary. They would approach her after the exhibition was done. They would have warrants to search all her computers and for the area Justin had rented upstairs.

By 8:00 a.m., Brian was heading back upstairs with breakfast for both Justin and himself. He set the tray of food on the small table and slipped back into their large bed and Justin stretched against his lean body and let his fingers graze down his chest and abdomen. Brian caught his hand and brought it to his mouth.

"I brought some breakfast up for us. We have a couple hours before we get massages."

"Brian, I don't want to go anywhere. I love the massage idea, but I don't want to go out."

"Sunshine, we will be getting the massages right here."

"Oh, Brian, that sounds perfect, but we have time for a little..." Justin's mouth skimmed his jaw and then landed on his mouth. He positioned himself to be able to claim every millimeter of the cavity. As he moved to straddle Brian's hips, his phone beeped. He reached for his phone, "Shit, it's her."

Brian held out his hand and Justin placed it in his hand. Justin moved down Brian's body as Brian called her. "Well, Justin, I love it when you are prompt." Cora's voice oozed unwanted familiarity.

"Sorry to disappoint you, Cora. This is Brian." He cut off his own name as Justin's mouth sank down onto his cock. "Justin is fighting a migraine. He has taken his..." Brian took a deep breath, "medication. He should be fine by early afternoon but right now he is in a dark quiet place. He arched as Justin's finger slipped inside of him, nearly making him cry out. As Justin began to stroke his prostate his words spilled out. "He said he was sure you could make any minor changes needed. I have to go. We have three kids." With that he tossed the phone to the side and arched as he came deep in Justin's throat.

"Now that I have had my protein, I need some coffee." Justin got out of bed, slipped a robe on, and walked to the small table. Brian followed, feeling hungry himself.

 

Cora looked at her phone. She clicked on a file on her computer and sighed as hundreds of still shots of Justin appeared and another file full of videos. "You, young man, will soon see what I have to offer you and all I want is you, beautiful, talented boy." Her files were well organized.  One of them was labeled ‘shower'. She opened it and found her favorite. Justin walked into the bathroom, already naked and covered with paint splatters. As he washed his hair and then took a bar of soap and started running it over his body as he sang softly, Save the Last Dance for Me. His hips swayed as he sang. Cora opened her desk drawer and pulled out a long thin wand. She turned it on and felt it hum. "Once I get you to my place, I will get those hips shaking. You will beg to cum tonight." She smiled and started the video again.

 

By 2:00, Brian and Justin were both relaxed and Justin felt calmer than he had in days. "By tomorrow at this time, we will be moved out of that hell hole and into a different studio. I hate it because that gallery was perfect physically, but that woman is far too stressful."

"I guess it is time to get ready for the show. We can go now and the family is going to come about 7:00. Once we have had the little press conference, Connie is taking the kids and Molly home so they can get to bed."

"That sounds great. I know Gus wants to stay, so I guess we will decide that at the time." Justin kissed Brian and then walked over to the dressing room. He pulled out his khakis as Brian did the same. They both put on white button downs and rolled the sleeves up to the elbow. Their skin, now sunkissed after hours by the pool, made a stunning contrast to the crisp fresh shirts."

"Damn, you look so good," Brian said, looking at Sunshine from head to toe. He ran his fingers through Justin's sun bleached hair. "We may have to take a weekend away to St. John ourselves." 

"One of these weekends when I don't have a show." Justin kissed him, "I would love to do that."

"Well, then we will."

"And, by the way, no one will even notice me with you by my side tonight." He dragged a finger along Brian's jawline. "Let's get to this. Once people start arriving, the night will go smoothly. It will be fun.

Brian and Justin arrived downstairs, Kevin stood in the kitchen. "Are we going?" he asked?"

"We?" Justin asked surprised.

"With everyone here, I thought I would go with you now. J.Jay said he would be here in a couple minutes. Henry, Jenn, and Molly will bring the kids later." Kevin turned to look at Justin. "She won't be able to get you alone no matter how hard she tries." 

"Thanks, Kevin." Justin gave him a quick hug just as J.Jay walked up. "Wow, J., you look great!"

J.Jay had gotten a haircut. His hair had been pulled back in a ponytail most of the time but now it was shaved on one side and the back and other side was cut much shorter and there was deep blue dye in the longer side. 

"I wanted to look like I felt inside. But I don't want to resemble the person I was in the past."

"Do you think your family..."

"I know my mom might know, but I doubt she would come. She would be worried that someone would realize I was her child. That would be horrible for the family's reputation."

"Where does the congregation think you are?" Kevin asked as they walked to the car.

"I think they were told I went to study art abroad. Where the hell is abroad?" J. looked at Kevin, "Oops, sorry Father."

Kevin patted him on the shoulder, "You are fine, J.Jay. I know what your mom looks like. If I see her, I will try to either sidetrack her or give you a heads up."

"Thank you, Father Kevin." 

 

The four men arrived at the gallery and they walked in, Justin in the lead. "Justin! I am so glad you are here!" Cora said seductively but then realized he wasn't alone. She would have ignored that assistant that never left him alone, but he had his husband and another very handsome man with him. "Oh, and who did you bring with you?" Her voice had a disappointed hint to it.

"Cora, you have met Brian. This is my father-in-law, Kevin Cain."

Kevin walked over to her and shook her hand, "Nice to meet you, Cora."

"Kevin Cain? Why do I know that name?" She started to slide up against him but then took a step away. "You're Father Kevin from the Legacy Center. I've been hit up for donations a few times. Why didn't I put that together before?" She walked over to Brian. "Your last name isn't Cain. And he's a priest." 

Kevin looked at her. This woman had no filter. "Cora, how about showing me your whole facility? If we are looking for a place to host another fundraiser, I am sure we could make it worth your while, too." And with that Kevin led her away.

"She is fucking creepy," Brian whispered. "She wasn't that weird when we arrived."

"Cora has had a total personality breakdown. She was odd when we got here, but now..." J.Jay shivered.

Brian wrapped his arms around Justin and he whispered, "We are getting you out of here tonight and you will not step back in here. J.Jay, are you willing to lead the move?"

"Of course. The movers will do the work." J.Jay said from the side where he was straightening a picture. He glanced from his position and took to steps back out of view of the door. Softly he said, "That's my mom. What is she doing here?"

"I'll find out," Brian said as he started to move to the door. "May I help you? The exhibition will start at 7:00." He said politely to the attractive woman.

"I am Camilla Carter. I think my d... child is one of the artists tonight."

"I would suggest you come back at..."

"Oh, please," Camilla's voice was choked with emotion. "I haven't seen her for more than two years. I didn't even know where she was..." She dropped her head in her hands and began to make soft weeping sounds.

J.Jay hesitantly stepped out from behind the display wall he had been using for cover. "Mama, please don't cry." He haltingly walked toward her.  

At the sound of his voice she lifted her head. His voice had changed quite a bit but she knew it immediately. "Oh Joanna," she rushed to him and threw her arms around him. He awkwardly at first, hugged her back but after a moment he tightened his grip on her.  

Brian and Justin took a step back to give them a little privacy. It wasn't long before J.Jay felt somewhat uncomfortable again and took a step away from her. "J.Jay, why don't you take your mom to that little sofa near your mural. Brian and I will be right here if you need us." Justin suggested.

"Mama, I want to introduce you to my employers and my friends. This is Brian Kinney and this is Justin Taylor. I work with Justin in his art program."

They all shook hands and then J.Jay led his mom around the corner to talk. Brian and Justin stayed within view but far enough away they weren't eavesdropping. 

"Mama, you shouldn't be here. Is your driver outside?"

"Joanna, you look so..."

"It's J.Jay now."

"I miss my daughter so much."

"I'm still the person I have always been. I never felt like Joanna, but as J.Jay I am the person I was always meant to be."

"Jo... J.Jay, your father... well, me too, we just don't believe..."

"Mama, I need to get going. This place will be full in a couple hours."

"May I see some of your work?"

"Look around. All of these are mine."

Camilla stood and looked at the smaller works and then, walked over and looked at the mural.  The details in the huge painting made it feel like you could walk into the French countryside. "Oh, J., this is so beautiful. I am glad I came."

"It was nice seeing you, but now..." J.Jay put his hand on the small of her back and guided her toward the door. As they approached it, Camilla said, "Are you happy?"

"I'm very happy, Mama."

"Can we get together again?"

"Call me when it is safe." J.Jay kissed his mother's cheek.

Kevin had returned from his tour with Cora as Camilla left. "Was that his mother?"

"Ya, I'll go see if he wants to talk."

"Let me, Justin." Kevin said. He walked across the gallery and put a hand on J.'s shoulder.  "J.Jay," Kevin was going to go on but J. turned into Kevin's arms and Kevin held him for just a moment. "Are you going to see her again?"

"I don't know. It is dangerous for her. Well, not that I thought he would hit her, but he will make her life miserable."

"I could probably speak to her safely. We have been at some fundraisers together. In fact I think she will be at an event I am going to at the end of next week. "May I talk to her about you?"

"Sure, Father Kevin. That would be fine." He shuffled a little. "Excuse me but..."

"Of course, J. Go get ready for your big night." Brian walked over to Kevin as J.Jay walked toward Justin.  

"Is he alright?"

"He is, now anyway. I'm going to talk to his mom. I am speaking at a charity and she is on the Board. I am thinking they might need a little assistance finding their way back to a relationship."

"That would be great, Dad. Did you learn anything from Cora?"

"The woman is fixated on Justin. It was odd when she talked about him. One minute she would be talking about Justin and how talented he is as an artist but then she would talk about him like they had known each other for years and once I could have sworn she was going to say something about their relationship. The woman is definitely not the most stable."

"Fuck, Dad, she has cameras in the shower!"

"I tried not to think about that when I was with her. Are the police going to be here at the end of the evening?"

"Yes, they are going to hit her house at 7:00 while she is here and when the doors close at 10:00, they will be here to arrest her."

"I am not sure if she needs jail or a hospital."

"Dad! Cameras in the shower! I know my husband, and he will have a moment when it fully hits him. If this ruins the rest of his summer program..."

"Son, all humans deserve..." Kevin stopped. The look on Brian's face told him, now was not the time for him to preach to his son. They would talk at a later time. Brian was protective of his family and until he knew Justin was alright, Brian would not be able to let it go. 

At 7:00 sharp, Cora unlocked the front doors and the gallery began to fill up immediately. Aaron came running full speed into Justin's arms. Photographers caught the moment as Justin swung him above his head and everyone there loved the image. They looked so much alike. Soon there were a few more pictures taken of the whole family. The one that made it on most of the news blogs was Justin holding Jessi, Brian holding Aaron, and Gus standing proudly between his dads. 

Molly and Connie soon whisked away the kids. Just as they were leaving Sally and Brandy arrived. They had left Kelin at home with a friend and walked hand in hand, looking at all the art work as well as talking to the artists. Brian noticed them looking at one of the student's paintings. It was obvious how much they liked it so he told the artist to put the sold sign on it. The young artist was thrilled to make his first big sale and Brian had his Christmas shopping started.  

When Brian was not by his side, Kevin stayed very near Justin. Cora had been working the room throughout the night but knew where Justin was at all times. As the crowd slowly started to thin out, Cora saw everyone relaxing and took that moment to pull him away. "Justin," Cora called to him, "Can you come here? One of the patrons has a question for you."

Justin didn't even think twice. Someone had a question about one of his pieces. He was always there for his fans. But, as he took the last step toward her, he knew he had made a mistake.  She had placed a crate just around the corner and using her own body weight she managed to get him off balance and before he knew what had happened he felt a prick and everything went black.

"Dad, where's Justin?" Brian looked around the gallery.

"He was just here. I just helped take this painting off the wall. He was right here literally three minutes ago."

"Sunshine," Brian called loudly, "Has anyone seen Justin?"

The only people left were the artists and their family members but everyone started moving throughout the building. Brian moved upstairs to look through the studio work area and Kevin on instinct went out the front door. 

Just as he did, three black sedans pulled up and he saw a police car turn into the alley. As the men in suits got out of their cars, Kevin ran to meet them and told them Justin and Cora had disappeared.  

One of the men radioed the officers in the squad car moving to the back that the suspect and the victim were missing. "How long has he been missing?" one of the men asked Kevin.

"It had to be less than five minutes. She's a woman in her late 50's and he is mid 20's. I am worried how she would have subdued him. Did you find anything at her home?"

The rest of the men were now in the building and more cars were pulling up. "Sir, I'm sorry, I am not sure who you are."

"Justin is my son-in-law. I'm Father Kevin Cain."

"That's why you look familiar. About 10 years ago I worked on a case that involved one of your clients. I can't give you details but Mr. Taylor is in grave danger. If we can't find him quickly..."

"Dad!" Brian ran up to Kevin and the detective as they walked in the door. "He isn't in the building. I mean, I didn't find him and now there are police everywhere and..."

Kevin put his arm around his son. "Sir, please tell us what you found at Cora's home."

"We still have officers there but before I left, it appears she has kidnapped men before. They are all young, blond, and artistic. And they are still looking at the list they found, but all of them are still missing. The list goes back 25 years."

"Are you saying she has been kidnapping men all that time?" Kevin asked.

"Dad, it means she's been killing men for 25 years." As the detective let them know they hadn't had time to truly investigate it yet, Brian collapsed to the ground, "Why the fuck are you standing here? Go find my husband!"