- Text Size +

 

Brian and Justin enjoyed one more day on the yacht and at sundown they pulled into Limerick harbor. They stood on the deck as Skipper moved closer to the dock. "Do you see them?" Justin's voice had a note of excitement. "Over there by the fence!"

Brian followed Justin's finger and then he saw them. Rachel and Sonya each holding one of the little ones and Gus stood between them. The children were waving frantically and Brian and Justin started waving back.

"Are those your babes?" Ginger asked from the rail where he was getting ready to throw the tie rope to someone on the dock.

"Yes, those are our children," Brian said with a big smile on his face. "Aren't they perfect?"

"The boys look like their dads! And that little girl is SO cute."

"I missed them so much," Justin said, holding onto Brian's arm.

"Once I give the word, you two go greet your family and I will get your luggage to you as soon as I can."

"Thanks, Ginger." Justin and Brian walked to the steps and waited for the word.  

"Alright, you gorgeous daddies, go see your wee ones." Ginger smiled as Brian stepped onto the dock and turned to wait for Justin before, holding hands, they began to run toward the gate. By the time they opened it they had three pairs of arms wrapping around their legs and waist.

They both got down on one knee and hugged their babies close. "We missed you so much." Justin said to all of them.

"Daddies, did you have fun?" Gus asked.  

Brian gave their oldest son a big hug. "We did, Gus. I found out a couple more clues about our family tree." He then stood up and took Jessi from Sonya. "Look at this gorgeous girl, and I swear you grew while we were gone."

Gus was excited about Brian's news. "Really! Oh, Daddy, can we go see Maggie? She can help us!"

"We will definitely go in a couple days."

"Daddies," It was Aaron this time. "I lonely." He reached up to his dad.

Justin picked up the boy, "Lonely? I thought Kevin was keeping you company."

"I missed Grandma."

Justin looked at him, "Missed her? Grandma isn't here."

"We got Jenn kitty. No one lonely now."

"Gus, is Aaron saying what I think he's saying?"

Gus replied, "Yes, we have two kittens now. Molly said it was okay and she said she will take them if we can't take them home, but, Daddies, we can take them can't we?"

"We will try."

"Your luggage, mates." Ginger said from behind them.

"We'll take those," Sonya said.

"I cannot let two lovely ladies carry these heavy bags. Direct the way and I will store them for you." Ginger followed the two women to the van and put them in the back of the van.  

When Brian and Justin arrived at the van with the kids, Ginger was kissing the girls' hands. "Don't trust that man. I have seen his boyfriend and he has to be very good at something to keep a man like that." Brian winked at Ginger. Both Brian and Justin gave the young man a hug and Justin stuck a roll of bills in his pants pocket.

"It has been great getting to know you, Ginger. If you are ever on the east coast of the United States, give us a call. You have my card."

"I'll do that, you two have been a pleasure," Ginger said and then turned and headed back to the yacht.

 

By the time they got back to the house, Molly was waiting for them with a meal on the table and two kittens in her arms. "So good to have you back. It looks like you had an enjoyable time."

Brian leaned over and kissed Molly's cheek and took the new kitten from her arms, "We had a wonderful time. We ate well, but nothing tops your meals."

"Oh, you are full of blarney, aren't you," Molly blushed a bit and then gave Gus the other kitten.

Brian sat and held Aaron on his lap, "And how is your leg feeling?"

"Most better. Doctor let me play a little," Aaron said.

Rachel sat next to Brian. "The doctor did say he was doing very well. Thankfully he is clear of infection and he isn't ready to run a race outdoors but he can take the steps now and by next week he can get back in the bathtub."

"I thought I smelled someone," Brian said.

"Daddy, I not stinky!"  Brian grinned and buried his face in the little boy's neck, blowing raspberries. Aaron began giggling. "Daddy, tickles!"

They ate Molly's supper and then Justin showed the kids some of the whale pictures, but before they could finish all of them the little ones started dropping off to sleep. "Brian, why don't you show Gus the rest of the pictures? I'll put these two in bed."

Justin started to pick them both up but Aaron said, "No, Daddy, I walk." He took Justin's hand and led him to the steps. Justin was hit by how fast his kids were growing up and how much he loved them. 

Jessi was gripping his neck and although she was exhausted she kept saying, "My Daddy. My Daddy. Love Daddy. Miss Daddy." Justin tucked Aaron into bed with Jessi still in his arms and then walked to her room. He sat down in an old rocker that was located there and held his baby close. His time having a baby to rock was going too fast. He knew more activities would come and less time for this.

 

Brian and Gus watched the pictures Justin had taken of the whales. After Justin and his siblings left Gus had asked, "Dad, how old is too old to sit on your dad's lap."

Brian reached over and picked Gus up, setting him back down on his lap. "I hope you never get too old to sit on my lap." Gus turned and hugged his dad's neck. "I missed you." He kissed Brian's cheek. He snuggled against Brian's chest and as the photos wrapped up, Gus said, "Dad, is it okay if I like girls?"

"Gus, you can like anyone you want to. Is there a girl that you like?" Brian said, looking at Gus as the new kitten, Jenn, crawled up snuggling between him and his son.

Gus picked up Jenn and held her close. "I've been spending a lot of time with Fi and, well, I think we love each other." 

"She is very pretty but aren't you both a little young to be in love?"

"Daddy, are you ever too young to love? I love you and Daddy J and I love Grandma and Grandpa and..."

"Alright, you're correct. At your age you can love anyone you want and when you get big and you still like a girl, your daddy and I will be very happy for you and we will love her too." Brian hugged Gus. "I think it's time for you to head to bed and figure out where your Daddy J ended up."

"Daddy, you really do love Daddy J, don't you?"

"Oh yes, son, and I can only hope that my kids find that kind of love." 

 

After Brian had tucked Gus into bed, he went to find Justin. He found him in the nursery, a sleeping Jessi in his arms. His eyes were closed and he was singing softly as he rocked back and forth, almost unnoticeable. Brian leaned against the door frame and watched them. He realized it didn't matter where they lived; they were home if they were together. "Justin," he walked over to the chair as Justin's eyes fluttered open. He lifted Jessi out of his arms and laid her in her bed. Justin came up behind him and wrapped his arms around Brian, kissing his shoulder blade. Brian turned and kissed him.

"I wondered where you were. I thought maybe Aaron wouldn't let you go."

"It was Jessi that wouldn't let me go. Brian, they are all growing up so fast. I swear, Gus is about ready to leave the house and Aaron is becoming such a little man. Jess didn't want to let go and I didn't want her to."

"Damn, are you trying to be sexier than you always already are?" Brian kissed him. I think we both need a good night's sleep."

"You're right. We aren't losing our kids. They are just starting to enter a new phase. Can you imagine no diapers?" Justin reached around and squeezed Brian's ass, "At least until you need them."

They both laughed, and after undressing slipped between fresh sheets and after spooning together, they both fell asleep.

 

By the end of the week their routine was back to normal. Brian and Gus had Maggie helping them with the young Quinn while Justin spent time in the studio. It was getting too chilly out on the Mohar to stay out long this time of the year. And by the end of the week everyone was looking forward to a visit from Kevin. They would celebrate Gus and Justin's birthday while he was there. Brian and Gus had found and spoken to several distant relatives so they were planning a dinner for all of them one evening. It was still undecided if it would be at their place or at a pub in town but they wanted to make it happen.

The day of Kevin's flight, Rachel and Sonya were off for the weekend. Molly had suggested Liam pick Kevin up so they didn't have to take the kids on that long drive. Everyone agreed that was a great solution so Molly worked on the meal with Jessi watching from her highchair while Brian and Justin made sure Kevin's room was ready for him.  Molly had brought up fresh flowers and the boys added a bottle of Irish whiskey, a glass, and an ice bucket. "Remember the jet lag when we got here? A couple shots of that will help him take the edge off," Brian said.

At that moment Aaron let out a wail from the next room and then Gus called to them, "Daddies, come quick!" 

Brian and Justin rushed across the hall only to stop in the doorway and both had to cover their mouths so the boys couldn't see them laughing. Gus was somehow stuck in one of Aaron's shirts and Aaron was now crying, "My shirt, Gus. Daddy, my shirt!" Gus had one arm partially through one of the sleeves while his ears were stopping him from getting the shirt back off.  Brian walked over to Aaron and sat on the bed lifting Aaron into his arms while Justin worked a nearly seven year olds arm out of a three toddler shirt sleeve. He then carefully extracted Gus' ears from the neck of the shirt, being careful not to hurt his ears.

Once Gus was freed from Aaron's shirt he looked very sheepish. Softly he said, "Daddy J, I was just playing. I didn't want to make him mad. I was just teasing him a little."

"Are your ears alright? They are a little red."

"Ya, they hurt a tiny bit, but not bad."

"Gus, I know you were joking with Aaron but he just doesn't understand that kind of joking yet. What should you do, do you think, even though you didn't really do anything wrong. What might make him feel better?"

"I'll apologize. I don't like it when he cries." Gus walked over to Brian and Aaron. "Daddy, may I talk to my brother, please, alone." 

Brian ruffled Gus' hair and smiled at him. He then stood up, leaving Aaron sitting on the edge of the bed and he and Justin walked out of the room. From the hall they couldn't hear everything Gus said but he said sorry and he meant it as playing. And then both boys came out of the room holding hands.

"I love Gussy." Aaron said, hugging his big brother. "He not mean."

"Aaron, let's go see if Molly needs help." Justin saw the look that Gus and Brian shared and thought he would give them a little time alone.

Brian put his hand on Gus' shoulder and led him back into his bedroom. "Dad, I'm sorry. I told Daddy J I thought I was playing." His lip quivered thinking he was in trouble with his dad.

Brian sat down on the bed and wrapped his arms around their son. "Oh, Gus, I know that. I'm not mad. I am so proud of you."

"Proud of me? I made Aaron cry."

"I guess you did, but it was because you were trying to play with him. I just hope when you both get older you stay friends. You are the big brother I wish I had when I was a kid. You just need to remember that Aaron is younger and sometimes he won't quite understand, but I trust you. And if you have to say sorry a couple of times, that's okay. You two will always be brothers."

"Thanks, Dad, and I will remember that with Jessi, too."

"I know you will and, do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"I think Grandpa is here." Gus was out the door before Brian could say another word.

 

An hour later they all sat around the table laden with food. Molly had stayed to serve the meal. Kevin won her over immediately and she fawned over him, making sure he had everything he could want. "You know, Father, your son... sorry, that sounds funny to a devoted Catholic but I do understand. I am very fond of your son and his family. These babies are angels." Molly touched Jessi's cheek.

"Well, Miss Molly, I would have to agree with you completely. I have missed them."

"We missed you, too, Grandpa!" Gus commented. 

Eventually, with Kevin's help, the kids finally settled down to sleep and Justin went downstairs to call J.Jay back in Pittsburgh to discuss a few things about the Taylor Art Academy, giving Brian and Kevin a little time to discuss the ancestry Brian and Gus had been researching. Kevin poured them each a whiskey and looked closely at the label.

"You know I would have been as happy with a cheap bottle of wine. How much did this put you back?"

"I don't know. I just gave them my card. Take a sip. You'll see why I picked this one."

Kevin took a sip and closed his eyes, "Ummm, that is smooth. I love the smoky undertones and is that a hint of honey?"

"Molly told us about it and after our first taste we bought a case of it." Brian took a swallow himself and smiled. "Dad, Gus is so excited about all this. He has been helping. You know I told you about someone stalking Justin? Well, we think it is someone named Quinn Cain." 

Kevin looked at him with a questioning look. "You do realize my great uncle would be about 90.  I don't think he would look like you, do you?"

"We think he is a grandson, but the records haven't arrived yet. It could be the end of next week.  It is coming from some small village and their genealogist is out of town. I'm hoping we can go up there in a few days. I'm hoping Gus and the two of us can go."

"That sounds great. Do you know anything about this Quinn?" Kevin took another sip and sighed at the taste.

"To be honest this might all be a wild goose chase. Justin sees a guy from a distance that moves a bit like me. Then in Galway someone mistakes me for this Quinn. Now, I am guessing we are related to him, but if that is the same person that has been lurking? I just don't know. I called an acquaintance from Ireland and he has an investigator in his company who said he would do just a little leg work for me, and if he gets a lead, he'll connect me with someone who can complete the job."

"Brian, thank you."

"Thank me for what?"

"For wanting to know my history more than I ever did. I've told you my dad didn't talk and..." Justin walked in and kissed Kevin's cheek and then sat down on Brian's lap since there were no other chairs. He kissed Brian, too, and Kevin continued, "I guess I didn't know how to go about learning more. That's not totally true. My father just always cut us off anytime we mentioned anything about Ireland. And I just didn't want to make him angry. How was your call, Justin? How are J.Jay and Henry?"

"J. is such an amazing artist and Henry has become such a good businessman. He just stepped up and they will be fine. I think J. will run the business down there year round and I will be able to stay in Pittsburgh. I may be able to start another school in Chicago or even somewhere further west. Maybe Arizona in the winter?"

"Or maybe pick a different country we could visit each year," Brian suggested. He nodded silently at his father who was nodding off. "Dad, I think it is time for you to get some sleep."

"Ya, right now I am tired. Who knows if I'll be wide awake in an hour."

Brian and Justin hugged Kevin before they walked out of his room and down the hall to their own. "It's good to have him here," Justin commented, seeing the look of contentment Brian rarely had.

"It is. If your mom was here, well, and Molly, the world would be perfect, but we will see Jenn soon." Brian pulled Justin close. "How about a long, hot bath?"

"That sounds perfect." Brian pulled Justin's shirt off and then his own and they kissed as they walked into the bathroom and Brian started the water. As they waited for the tub to fill they finished undressing and Brian put a hand on either side of Justin's face and lowered his mouth to meet his. He slid a hand down Justin's back and, resting it on the small of his back he pulled him even closer before sliding his hand down a little further. I love you, you know."

"I never doubt that. Brian, I never question that." Brian claimed his mouth again but Justin soon pulled away. "Bri, the water." Brian turned it off and they both slipped into the water. Even in the bath they fit together perfectly. Justin with his back against Brian's chest and Brian wrapped his arms around him holding him tightly. They sat in silence for several minutes, just absorbing life from each other; recharging from the other's energy. After some time Brian began to kiss Justin's neck, and after a couple moments Justin began to shift back and forth enough to massage Brian's balls.

"Turn around." Brian said softly. Justin did as he was asked and positioned himself with his legs over Brian's, and as he lowered himself, Brian guided his erection into him. He let gravity take over and soon was filled with his lover.

As they continued to kiss, Justin began to slowly move his hips, and soon Brian grabbed him tightly and began to thrust up as much as he could. He moved a little giving him a better angle to thrust and Justin was soon arching backward and shot cum all over Brian's chest as he contracted around the cock buried deep inside and Brian gave into his need, exploding deep inside him. Justin rinsed off Brian's chest and rested against it. 

After several minutes Brian's said, "Let's go to bed. The water is cooling off and the kids will be up early knowing Dad is here."

Justin looked up at him and kissed him. As he did, he began to move his bottom and within seconds they both knew they were not going anywhere until they finished what he just started.

Twenty minutes later, Justin walked a little awkwardly toward the bed to join Brian. "The kids and Kevin are all sleeping soundly," he said as he moved close to Brian. "Would you mind if I went out on the Moher tomorrow? I have a painting I want to finish and it is supposed to be unseasonably warm."

Brian kissed the curve of his neck, "You don't have to ask my permission."

"I know, but I don't want you to think I don't want to spend time with your dad."

"If he isn't jetlagged we are going to town anyway." Gus wants to show him around and introduce him to Maggie.

"I heard by midafternoon a storm may roll in. You should probably go in before lunch and come home by 3:00." Justin's voice was drifting off as exhaustion took over.

"We'll do that," Brian replied as he, too, closed his eyes and slept.

 

By the time Brian and Justin got downstairs in the morning Rachel had Jessi in her highchair and Kevin had one boy on either side of him at the table. Sonya helped Molly, who was fluttering from the stove to the table with enough food to feed twice as many people as there were. Morning hugs and kisses were shared by all. "Molly, could you put together..."

"A lunch for the Moher?" Molly smiled at him. "I figured you would like that today. I have it ready."

"Ah, Molly, you know me so well."

"This will be your last chance to go there. I can feel it in the air. When this moves out, the chill will be in the air."

Justin grabbed a piece of toast and the basket Molly had ready for him and after waving at his family left for a day on the cliffs. When he arrived he immediately set up and got absorbed into his work.

 

By 10:00 a.m. Kevin, Brian, and Gus were off to the village. Maggie had let Brian know that she had gotten some records on Quinn Cain and Kevin was anxious to see what they had to say. When they arrived, Gus took Kevin's hand and introduced him to Maggie before heading to a table he considered to be his area and he started looking at the book he was putting together.

"I am so happy to meet you, Kevin. Your son and grandson are very special people."

"I could not agree with you more. I hate to think of all the years I missed with him, but I am trying to spend as much time with them as I can now. He and Justin are such great parents. You can't find a better family."

"I agree. My granddaughter will miss Gus something fierce when he leaves."

Brian smiled, "The feeling is mutual. Gus is already asking when we will come back and visit."

"I think you may need to buy a vacation home here," Maggie commented.

"We have already talked about it a little."

Kevin smiled at Brian, "From the couple visits I have made here in my life, I would love to be able to come here to visit and I would because I can't be away from the grandkids too long. If I am honest, I hate to be away from my son for too long. I missed far too much time with him already."

"You know you would always be welcome. Now, what did you find out about the young Quinn Cain?" Brian was ready to find out about this man that looked like him.

"Well, as sad as it is, Quinn Cain, although not as violent, does have some similarities to his name sake."

"He's been in prison?" Kevin asked.

"He has, but he appears to have reformed, or at least he has no record since he has become an adult. As a boy, his grandfather's name was still well known. He got in many a fight because of hooligans who couldn't leave him alone, so he struck out. But he has been hard to track since then. You can read the reports but he had a poor homelife. His mother left when he was a babe, and his father, well, he was rough with the boy. He had to fight to live but for the last fifteen years he has slipped in and out of villages but never puts down roots."

"So, he is in the wind?" Brian questioned.

"At the moment he is, but I would guess your private detective will be able to track him down." Maggie stopped talking for a moment. "I don't know if you want this last bit of news but I think you need to know this." She turned to Kevin and then said, "There is one other thing that came with this report. Quinn Cain is..."

"Did they know where he is buried?" Kevin asked.

"Kevin, he isn't buried. He is still alive."

 

Justin was so absorbed in his painting that he didn't notice anything around him. By the time he realized he had lost the sun, it was too late. The wind tipped his canvas just as the rain came down in torrents. Justin tried to grab his supplies and the canvas but he knew he couldn't get on the scooter in this weather. As he tried to find shelter anywhere he moved toward a tree but just as he got there a branch came crashing down and the branch was the last thing he saw. It hit him in the temple, and sent him crashing to the ground, the painting and supplies crashed to the ground.

 

Kevin, Brian, and Gus arrived at the house moments after the storm had hit. Learning the news about Kevin's uncle, they had stayed a little longer than expected. The report gave the last known address of the 90 plus year old man. On the way home Brian concentrated on the road seeing the sky getting darker and darker while Kevin sat in the back of the van with Gus, telling him stories about his father and mother.

They rushed into the house and shook off the rain. "Well, I am glad to see you came out of the storm. The weather is not fit for man nor beast." She then looked past Brian. "You don't have Justin with you?"

"No. I figured he was here! He isn't?"

"He has not come back since leaving this morning." Molly was obviously concerned.

"Dad, stay here. I have to find him!" Brian dashed back into the storm.

 

Justin shivered. He opened his eyes and blinked several times. Where was he? Nearby he saw a fire burning and he moved toward it. He tried to stand but he felt too unstable, so he crawled to the warmth. That was when he realized there was a blanket around his shoulders and when he sat on what must be a cave floor and reached toward the warmth trying to stop the shaking.

After a moment, his vision was adjusting to the light and looked around. He couldn't see all his surroundings but it was definitely a cave and he could hear the storm outside. Justin tried to remember how he got here. Had he somehow managed to stubble in on his own? No, that didn't make sense. He wouldn't have started a fire.

"You're awake," a low Irish voice said. 

Justin jumped. "Who is it? Did you get me in here?"

The figure moved closer and now Justin could see he was holding the painting. "I know this isn't the way you wanted it to look but I like it. You are talented."

Justin took in a sharp breath as he looked at the man standing at the edge of the light. "Quinn?" 

"You know my name? Who is the man you live with?"

"Brian is my husband and you really don't know who he is?"

"No! I just know he looks like me and his name is Kinney." Quinn sat on the other side of the fire.

"Quinn, Brian was raised by a man named Kinney, but his real father is Kevin Cain, who is the son of Kellan Cain. He was Quinn Cain's twin brother. I don't exactly know how, but you and Brian are cousins."

"Cousins?"

Justin looked at the man that was so similar to Brian and yet very different. "Quinn, I need to go. My family will be worried."

"No. You aren't going anywhere!" Quinn walked back into the shadows toward the entrance of the cave and then slipped back out into the storm.