- Text Size +

 

Brian was at the station before 9:00 the next morning. He had picked up pastries for the Captain and himself. The artifact was supposed to be picked up in half an hour. They were going to watch it leave and then spend the next five hours tracking it until the item was transferred to the new owners.  

"I may start worrying about you, Brian." He lifted one of the danish out of the box. "Thanks for this."

"What are you worrying about?"

"Brian, how long have we known each other?"

"Since I was fourteen when you wanted to arrest me, it's been sixteen years."

"How many boys and men have you been with in those sixteen years?"

"You don't really want to know the answer to that, do you?"

"No, but I do want to know about this guy that has you longing for his return."

"I think I told you. He works at an art gallery and came from New York City when the thefts stopped there."

"Now tell me about him."

"We just seem to have a lot in common."

"Like?"

"Fuck, Cap, I don't know what it is other than I miss him when I'm not with him. He is beautiful and smart. And it may sound weird, but he doesn't fall for my shit."

"Well, at least you're honest. Brian. You may have to admit that you have feelings for this guy." The computer screen came to life and an image from the museum in Philly appeared. "That wouldn't be so bad if he is as great a guy as you make him sound. You'll have to bring him over and the wife and I can see for ourselves."

Brian smiled, "Sure. And Angie would kill you if she heard you call her ‘the wife'." His voice tapered off as activity began on the screen.

 

Justin checked out after watching the van leave the museum. He didn't talk to anyone at the front desk, but after he got in his car and drove out of the city he did an online checkout. As he had figured, the counterfeit was accepted as authentic. It had been sealed in its shipping container and passed off. He had to smile. Sometimes it was just too easy to make $2M. He drove further out of the city before pulling over to the side of the road, where he pulled off his hairpiece. He combed his own hair and was glad it was laying alright. He tossed the wig on the seat behind him and got back on the turnpike. He sent a message to Brian. ‘I will be back this afternoon. Want to see you. Meet you at Babylon. Say around 9:00?' 

Brian received the text and replied. ‘Yes, and yes.' He then sent a second message that said, ‘Plan on leaving by midnight. I want you in bed.'

"Did you just say you wanted him in bed?"

"Ya, why?"

"How many times have you seen him?"

"You must remember, Harrison, men don't play the same games women do. We always put our physical needs first."

"But at some point you'll need something to keep the heart beating."

"That is sappy, even for you, although if I was straight I'd have fought you for Angie."

 

Justin arrived in Pittsburgh around 4:30. He went to his studio and stashed his go bag before he went to the kiln. He had wanted to see his sister's gift before he had left town but it was still a little too warm. Now the machine was completely cool to the touch. He opened it and pulled out the delicate figurine. It looked stunning. He could make money on these. He had the mold he had created for the first one so he would make a dozen or two and then add details to each of them, making each one unique. He was sure Emmett and George would sell them at the shop and they had connections that might sell a few, too. He didn't want to mass produce them. If these did well, he would create another set. 

As he left the studio, he could see selling a patent to one of the mass producers and make... his phone rang midthought and he answered it. "Hello, Brian."

"Hey, Sunshine. You made it back to town?"

"I did. Does 9:00 work for you?"

"Yes. I was just going to see if I could pick you up since you don't have a car, and I was hoping you would want to have a sleepover at my place."

"I'll bring a toothbrush and my jammies," Justin responded happily.

"Toothbrush sounds good but just leave the others at home. I have a spare robe."

"What do you have planned, Brian?"

"Anything you can imagine and then another thing or two. 9:00." And then he was gone.

 

At 9:00 Justin stood in the lobby. He had gone home, and after letting Emmett know he had made it back to town, he took a long bath and then relaxed as he watched the news. There was a short blurb on the local news about a Paul Revere exhibit opening later this month and that specific exhibits had started arriving. He wondered how long it would be before they realized it was a fake. He was fairly sure they would think it happened upon arrival and not at the other end. And Justin Taylor had been in New York, not Philly. He had called an acquaintance and let him know his apartment would be empty for a couple of days if he wanted to use it. That way if anyone did suspect him, his utilities would show someone was in his apartment. Neighbors would hear him. He was always prepared.

 

When Brian pulled up, Justin walked out with his satchel. It included toiletries and some fresh clothes for tomorrow. No pajamas. He threw it behind him and sat in the leather seat. Brian didn't say anything but reached out and pulled him in for a kiss. "Welcome back," Brian said as he drew back a little bit.

"It's good to be back."

"Can you tell me now where you went?"

"Sorry I couldn't tell you before. I actually just went back to the City to do some business, and I have learned that if friends know I am back, I don't get anything done I need to do."

"If they are friends..."

"I knew that was the wrong word. They are business acquaintances that want me to help with something."

"I get that." Brian pulled up to Babylon.

"I hope we can get in without waiting for an hour and a half."

"That isn't a problem."

"Are you saying you have connections?"

"I spent a lot of time here when I was young. I still know a lot of the employees. I let one of them know I hoped to bring a friend tonight and was told the bouncer would let us in at the side door."

Justin opened his door but before he could stand, Brian was offering his hand. "I can stand on my own," he said.

"I am sure that is true but then I couldn't do this..." Brian pressed the full length of his body against Justin who was supported by the car and kissed him. They both felt the burn deep in their bellies and their cocks reacted to the closeness. Then Brian took his hand and led the way to a small, almost hidden door near the rear of the building. "Have you been here before?"

"A few times, but as I am sure you have figured out, I am not the most sociable person. I have a few really great friends and love to go out with them but to go looking for this..." Brian tapped on the door and they were escorted into the noise and excitement of the club. 

"Well, tonight, you are with a friend and I don't plan to share you with anyone. Ted and Blake might be here in a while. Hope you don't mind that. You have met Ted, and Blake is his new man." They were still following the man who let them in and stopped at a table that said reserved right on the edge of the dance floor.

"That's fine and this is great."

"Let's sit long enough to order drinks and maybe by then Ted and Blake will be here."

Their drinks arrived at the same time Ted and Blake did. Introductions were made between Blake and Justin and then Brian and Justin went out on the floor.

It was like they had gone dancing together 100 times. Their bodies melded into one, predicting each other's every move. They stuck together except for a couple dances where Justin and Blake switched places and for one dance Justin and Blake danced together but when the music slowed down and Justin put his arms around Blake's neck, Brian and Ted appeared out of nowhere and claimed their dates. 

By the time the song ended Brian said, "Ready to go?"         

"Ya, we should say goodbye to Blake and Ted."

"No," he licked Justin's jaw and ended at his earlobe, gently sinking his teeth in. He whispered, "I want you now."

"How far is your apartment?" Justin asked as he slid his hands into the waist of Brian's pants.

"Ten minute drive, so if you don't want me to fuck you in the parking lot you better get your hands out of my pants."

 

Ten minutes later Brian pulled up in front of an extended stay hotel. "Oh, I forgot you don't have a permanent place." 

"Well, I actually just rented a place. Maybe you can help me move in and decorate it." Brian took Justin's hand as they walked into the hotel.

"Of course, I'd love that. Does that mean you plan to stay here?"

"Can we talk about that later?" He kissed Justin as he opened the door behind him.

They stepped into his suite. They were in a room that included a small kitchen and living area. Brian pulled his shirt off and mopped his face and chest with it. He tossed it onto the floor and took a step toward Justin, handing him a bottle of water he had taken out of the fridge. Justin opened it and took a swig. He then set it down and stepped closer to Brian. It was his turn to take the lead. He ran his tongue around Brian's nipple and then laid down a line of kisses loving the saltiness of his skin. Brian pulled Justin's shirt and only broke their kiss when the material had to pass between them. Justin reached out blindly and grabbed the bottle of water before grabbing Brian's waistband and tugged him to the bedroom.

Justin turned toward Brian and undid his fly. He tugged his jeans down, and as he dropped down to his knees he tugged Brian's briefs down to his ankles. He reached out, and gently taking his erection in his hand he let the growing member slide between his lips. As Justin's tongue circled the head, Brian shuttered. Justin continued until Brian pulled him up and kissed him.

Soon Justin's pants were crumpled on the floor next to Brian's and Justin was crushed on the mattress under Brian. Brian's head had traveled below Justin's waist and as he began to stroke Justin's dick, his other hand began to massage his perineum. Every move of one of Brian's hands sent a jolt through Justin's entire body. He arched so high he thought he was possessed.  Brian Kinney had claimed his soul. As he lost total control and cried out, someone in the next room pounded on the wall.                                                                     

Brian shouted in return, "Get used to it or ask for another room!"

Justin, still on a high from his climax, repositioned himself, giving Brian access to enter him.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Brian could still feel Justin spasming deep inside of his rectum and as he moved inside of him, Justin went over the edge again and this time Brian tumbled along with him. They talked and made love all night. It was nearly time for the sun to rise when they fell into a deep sleep.

 

Around 10:00 a.m. Brian's phone rang and buzzed several times. Justin finally shook Brian. "Hey, babe, your phone is going crazy. DId you miss a meeting? I didn't think you had to work today."

"I don't. Shit, what is going on?" He saw he had missed two calls and he had three texts. He sat up as he looked through the messages. "What the hell?"

"What is it?"

"You know that case I was working on." Brian turned on TV and flipped to local news.

"The possibility of theft as something was being transported?"

Brian only nodded as the reporter said, "No one seems to know when the nearly perfect counterfeit item could have been switched for the real one. Some are wondering if the Philadelphia exhibit ever had the real Paul Revere or just this fake."

Justin felt some pride at the reporter's comments. Nearly perfect was high praise.

"What's so funny?" Brian asked when he saw Justin smiling. He texted someone.

"Sorry, it had nothing to do with the story. I was just thinking about last night." He ran his hand down Brian's cheek. Brian kissed him and then looked at the latest message that came in.

"Shit, now I have to go to work." He got out of bed and moved toward the bathroom. "If you want to go home, I can drop you on the way."

"If you don't mind, after you leave I will shower and make my way to my place. I need to get some things for dinner." He looked at Brian, "Do you think you'll be able to make it? I understand if you can't. Just let me know."

Brian took a quick shower and then dressed with a bit of distraction from Justin, but by 10:45 Brian was on his way to the police station and Justin was standing in the stream of the shower letting the water beat down on his tired muscles. He let his mind wander to Brian's body and then remembered what he was wearing as he left moments earlier. He felt a little guilty and a little mad at himself. He would prefer not to be alone at the moment and it was his own fault he was.

Once he got out of the shower, he dried off and dressed. Brian really was thoughtful. Putting fresh clothing on felt much better than putting on the clothes that had been soaked in sweat last night. He put his clothes from last night into his bag. He picked up Brian's clothes and started to drop them in his clothes basket. Before he dropped the shirt he brought it up to his nose and took a deep breath through his nose. His cock instinctively reacted. How could someone's body give off such a sweet scent? It was a mix of Brian's natural musk and a hint of cologne he had used. Damn, he really had it bad for him. He was 26 and had never felt this way about anyone. Brian worked with the police, but he didn't get the idea that Brian was a black and white kind of guy, except maybe about his sexuality. He just couldn't picture him with a woman. He didn't want to. He didn't want to picture him with anyone other than himself. 

Justin tossed the shirt in the laundry and then left the hotel room. His first stop was going to be the studio and then he would pick up groceries and start preparing for tonight.

 

"It was counterfeit? Do they have any idea when the exchange could have been made?" Brian sipped the coffee in his hand and then tossed the cup in the trash and began a new pot.

"You're feeling at home, aren't you," Captain Harrison patted Brian's shoulder.

"That stuff was horrible and since you pulled me out of bed, I didn't have any coffee before coming over."

"And from the morning-after glow you have, I take it you had company? Do Angie and I get to meet this man?"

"Don't push it, and if I'm honest, it was my supervisor that got me out of bed."

"Did anyone know the last time the pitcher had been inspected?"

Brian opened his laptop as he said, "I should have the report by now." Brian opened his email and did a visual scan of the document. "It was definitely authenticated when it arrived in Philadelphia. It appears the curator looked at it when it was taken out of the exhibit and states it was the real thing."

"What are they doing on that end?"

Brian poured a fresh cup of coffee for both Cap and himself. "They are going through the CCTV footage to see if there is anything on it or anything that looks suspicious. What are they doing on this end?"

"They are doing about the same. They are checking that no one accessed the storage location since it arrived." He took a swallow of coffee, "This is much better than that other stuff. Sure we can't steal you away from the insurance company? We would hire you as a PI that did side jobs for us. I am sure they would match your wages."

"I'll have to think about that. I have to admit I have enjoyed being back," Brian saw the look on Cap's face and said, "and not because of Justin."

"I believe you. I think the older you get the more you want familiarity around you." 

"Other than you and a few memories, I really don't have roots here." Brian's computer let him know there was a new email and he looked at it. He read the short note. "They reviewed all the videos over the last week at the museum. They don't see anything out of the ordinary, but while watching it they did see how the system was flawed. The thief could have found that flaw and made the switch in the last week."

"So the insurance company is going to have to pay the Pittsburgh exhibit back." Brian nodded at Cap's words. "And what about you? Are you still on this one or will you be off to another investigation?"

"I'm staying here for now. I am taking a week or two off, but either way, I already rented a place for a year. This will be my home base."

"That makes me happy, Brian. Angie and I think of you as, well, we're too young to be your parents but maybe an uncle and aunt."

Brian walked over and laid his hand on Cap's shoulder, squeezing his shoulder. "I know I don't say it often but..."

"Cap, we are off the hook for this one. The theft occurred before it reached us." One of the young detectives said, rushing into the office. "Oh, sorry. Hope I didn't interrupt something."

Brian responded, "You just saved me from embarrassing myself." 

"I'll be out in a couple minutes. Can you pull all those involved into the conference room?"

"Sure, Cap." And he was off.

Cap stood and hugged Brian in a rare show of emotion. "When you're back from your break, let Angie know and the four of us can have dinner together."

"Sure. I'll do that." 

"Oh, Brian, where did you rent?"

"I got a loft downtown. It's in the area that is being rejuvenated near the river."

"Let me know if you need help moving anything." Captain Harrison called after Brian as he got on the elevator.

 

Justin entered his studio. He opened the computer he left there. He needed to see if the deposit had been distributed. When he had made his first $1M, he set up a scholarship fund. He couldn't say he felt guilty very often, but he also knew that there were a lot of people out there that may be working their tails off to go to school and work fast food or in a shop somewhere. Many of them ended up dropping out because it was just too hard. He set it up that funds would go to school, housing, and daycare. One of the main reasons he ended up living with his dad was because his mom was struggling to support herself and Molly. By the time she finally managed to finish a degree, he himself was starting college.

A bank back in Chicago managed the trust fund for him. He kept a close eye on the use of his funds, because none of his money would ever go to a student that didn't really need it. He had seen, too often, children of wealthy parents trying to get money from his scholarship funds.  Everytime that happened, Justin tracked down their real finances and more often than not, they would be his next mark. Then the true wealth of the person would come out. 

Justin had to smile, thinking about an extremely wealthy politician who tried to get aid from his organization. After very little research, Justin knew exactly what to do. He ended up taking something from the politician's office. The politician hadn't realized for more than a year that the painting hanging on the wall of his office was a replica. And by that time Justin had found a buyer and added more than $750,000 to his trust.

Justin spent about an hour reviewing reports and giving approval for the funds going out. Justin had set up the trust himself and created a pseudo business to run the funds through. He put in enough stops in the funds that it was hard to track, and there was no reason for anyone to track it as long as the trust was on the up and up. 

A text came in letting Justin know that his groceries were ready to be picked up any time at a small shop near his apartment. Justin texted back and said he would be there in about ten minutes. He carefully packaged Molly's gift and put it in his messenger bag, and after locking up the studio, he began his walk home.

 

Brian texted Justin around 3:00. He had been shopping for his new place. He sent several pictures of furniture he had bought and then sent two bedroom sets. A text followed saying his first choice was just too expensive, so which one of these two did he like best. Justin picked one, but as soon as they had decided that Brian would come over around 5:00 he called the furniture store. He told them to get Brian his first choice. He said to tell Brian a great sale just started and he could get it half price or whatever they had to do to make it the same price as his other choices. Justin gave them his card to pay the difference.

Once that was all settled, Justin began working on dinner. He picked up a rich chocolate mousse layered with white chocolate whipped cream and a sprinkling of slivered almonds. The rest he was making himself. He started with bread dough so it could rise and then he began to marinade his steak. He was prepping his vegetables when there was a knock on the door. 

Opening the door, Justin found Brian with two bouquets and a messenger bag of his own. He was in well worn jeans hanging low on his hips and a shirt that was obviously a favorite as well.  He kissed Justin lightly and handed him the flowers. "I couldn't decide on gardenias or roses so I got both."

"Oh, Brian, you shouldn't have. Daisies would have been fine but gardenias are my favorite." He walked to the kitchen and set down the flowers to pull out some vases. As he filled the containers he said, "I'm glad you didn't dress up. I just dressed comfortably too."

"Well, you did say you were cooking for me." Brian slipped his arms around Justin's waist and nuzzled his neck. "Thanks for straightening up this morning. I am guessing you did it because it wasn't a day for them to clean my room."

"It was," Justin turned and kissed him long and slow. "I was picking up my own clothes anyway." He turned back to his vegetables, "Give me a couple minutes and I will come and join you. Why don't you open a bottle of your choice." He pointed over to the wine. Justin put vegetables in the oven to roast along with the bread that was now ready for baking.

 

Plopping next to Brian on the sofa he said, "So can you tell me anything about the case?"

"They know it was lifted in Philly and it is closed."

"Wow, someone got it out of the exhibit?"

"It was after they pulled it from the exhibit and had it in storage. Whoever did it must have known where it was being kept."

"That's a clever thief."

"He always has been."

"Any clues?" Justin picked up his glass of wine and clinked with Brian's.

"None. Whoever he is, he never hurts anyone. He rarely even leaves any damage in his wake."

"Now that you have signed a lease, are you going to keep your job?"

"I don't know. I have been offered a job with the police. I still have my insurance job if I want it but I am taking time off. I hope we can go up to that cabin for a while. Can you take time off from work?"

"I don't think that will be a problem. Em and George hired me mainly because of my art expertise. If they have questions about anything that comes in they can call someone else."

"Is the insurance company upset?"

"Maybe a little, but I did my job. They did their job. The Philly museum may still have to fight for their money though, because their security was inadequate. Thankfully that isn't my department. Why do I feel like you know a hell of a lot more about me than I do about you?"

"Your life is much more exciting than mine lately. When can you move into your new place?"

"Oh, that reminds me," Brian got very animated. "I ended up getting my first choice of bedroom sets."

Justin looked surprised, "How did you manage that?"

"They called me about half an hour after I talked to you. They said they had just gotten word on a surprise sale. That set was cut in half. It will be delivered along with the rest of my stuff in about ten days."

"Can you put up with the hotel that long?"

"Um, I was going to wait and bring that up after another bottle or two of wine."

"Let me check on dinner and then tell me." Justin pulled the rolls out of the oven and stirred the potatoes around, sending the aroma through the apartment.

"That smells amazing!"

"Well, tell me about your living situation and then we can grill the steaks together." Justin sat down again but this time he stayed a little further away, and he turned to look at him.

"I had to move out of the hotel."

"Why?"

"Remember when I yelled at the occupants in the next room?" Justin smiled thinking about it. "The guy in the next room happened to be the CEO of a major company and they use the chain all the time, around the world."

"So you are homeless right now?"

"I wouldn't say homeless. I have my place in two weeks and I could also stay with my friends Cap and Angie. However...," Brian put a knee on the couch and crawled to the end where Justin sat. "I was hoping," Brian's hand went to Justin's crotch as his lips brushed against Justin's.

"Of course you can. It will only be a few nights before we go to the cabin and when we get back, we can work on your place." After another kiss Justin said, "Oh, and one other thing. I expect the same stunning service I have had from you regularly."

"I have no problem with that requirement," Brian started pushing him backward but the buzzer went off on the stove.

"Remember where we were." Justin pushed Brian back as he got off the sofa and went back to the kitchen.

Justin grilled the steaks to perfection while Brian lit several candles he found around the house after placing several of them on the table. The roses were the centerpiece and after placing a basket of the rolls and a bowl of salad, Justin brought a plate for each of them with the main dishes already on it. Brian pulled out Justin's chair and Justin sat as Brian pushed it in, accepting a kiss on his cheek and watched Brian sit next to him.

As they ate dinner Brian coaxed Justin into talking about himself. He told him about his mom and sister in California and how he tried to visit a couple times a year. He explained how he ended up with his dad because basically they split the kids because his mom couldn't afford both of them since his father didn't help with funds at all. 

"I am helping with Molly's education and Mom graduated a year before I did and is doing well now but I still like to help if I can."

"You must be doing very well if you can afford two apartments and help them out."

"I actually helped her get a scholarship so that is really how I helped.  I help her out when she needs a little extra."

Brian reached over and took Justin's hand. "You are a good brother and son. Do you still see your dad?"

"I have not spoken to him since I left for college. He spent a little time in prison and I have not heard anything from him since. I know you don't speak to your family anymore but are they still in the area?"

"Jack died a year or so ago and I did go to the funeral but that was the last time I saw any of my relatives and I hope to keep it that way."

Justin reached up and ran his fingers through Brian's hair, "I'm sorry you had to have a childhood like that."

"It doesn't sound like yours was much better."

"Maybe not, but at least I knew my mom loved me and now as an adult, she is always a phone call away." He leaned forward and Brian met him halfway. It was a gentle but needy kiss between them and it left them both wanting much more. "Dessert about midnight?" Justin asked as he stood and extended his hand. 

"Midnight sounds about right."

The lovemaking was slow and deliberate. They didn't only touch each other's bodies but this time they reached deep into each other's souls. They took their time and moved closer and closer to the pinnacle of ecstasy. As they both came, Brian looked him in the eyes and said, "Is this what love is like?"

"I don't know. I've never been in love." Justin laid his head down on Brian's chest.

"Do you think we can figure it out together?"

"I'm willing to try if you are." 

 

After dessert and another round of making love, Justin heard Brian snoring softly. Justin got out of bed, put on a robe, and after going to the bathroom, he walked into the kitchen. He grabbed a bottle of water and his phone, and went out onto his little balcony. He pressed a button and heard the line ring.

"Hey, Justin, are you calling for birthday present ideas?"

"Molly, I didn't wake you, did I?"

"No, bro. It is just after 10:00 here."

"Oh, I knew that."

"Justin, you sound different. You got a man in your bed?"

"I do. But even more importantly, I think he also got into my heart."

"Justin, are you trying to tell me you're in love?"

"I'm not sure, but I can't imagine living without him."

"Bring him out for my birthday so we can meet him."

"I'll think about it."

Molly heard another voice through the phone, "I wondered where you went. The bed was cooling off." 

She could then hear them kiss. "Love you, Justin. Let me know when your flight is."

"Love you, too, Molly," Justin said just before Brian disconnected the call and led Justin back to the bedroom.