- Text Size +

 

"I don't think we had any issues with that." Brian rolled off Justin to the side of his uninjured leg. 

"I love you, Brian." Justin carefully turned to him. "I've wanted to say that since the first night we went out but I am a thief. I was planning a major heist that you were investigating."

"So you really have a place where Molly can work?"

"I do. I have a college classmate doing the job now but she is pregnant and wants to stop working."

"How much does she know?"

"Not much. That was part of the deal when I hired her. She doesn't care. She is paid well."

"Does it all go to the trust now?" Brian's hand moved up and down Justin's arm, making Justin shiver and moved a little closer so he could feel the heat coming off of Brian.

"I take 10% and the rest goes into the scholarship fund. "I don't spend much of the money I keep. I use it for extras Mom and Molly might need. Now that Molly is done with school, I will look for other places that can use it. I have sent money to many disaster relief funds. Just so you know, I live off what I make with my art, what I earn legally."

"Sunshine, I have to admit I have a lot of questions about all this, and I hope you'll fill me in with more details if I want them, but we don't need to worry about that now."

"Bri, is this going to be a problem with your new job?"

"We can talk about all that later."

"Yes, we can. We have as much time as we need." Justin's hand moved below Brian's waist and as he grazed Brian's cock and then lower and began to squeeze Brian's balls in a caress that had Brian responding immediately. Justin repositioned himself and had one hand slip between Brian's legs and found the small brown bud he wanted. He slowly pressed his finger in and began to stroke Brian's prostate from both the inside and outside, rubbing his perineum. 

"Oh, god, Justin... I... that's..." Brian couldn't hold back he cried out as he came, fast and hard.  His whole body responded and after he calmed a bit he pulled Justin back into his arms. "How did I get to fall in love with a man who knows how to do things like that?"

"Why don't you go start filling that bathtub. I have heard so many things about it from Emmett. I might need help getting in and out."

"I am here to serve." Brian leaned over and kissed him. "Do you need to take some meds?"

"Ya, it is about that time. Do you want some more of that vodka or another glass of wine?"

"Is there whiskey?"

"Remember that bottle we bought for Cap and Angie?"

"You mean the bottle you bought."

"Whatever, they have some. I'll bring the bottle. You rinse out the glasses."

"I can get that. You don't need to walk..."

"Brian, I need to do this myself. I haven't been on it much at all today and I need to move."

"I kind of liked those moves you just showed me." Brian kissed him and swatted his bare ass.

Five minutes later Justin walked into the bathroom slowly and removed the brace as he leaned against the sink. Brian put an arm around him, and once they got to the tub Brian picked him up and lifted him over the edge of the slipper tub. Once he was sitting in it, Brian got in himself.

"This is a great tub. I have never seen a slipper tub this big." The base of it was six feet long and at the top it was at least seven feet. "Did Emmett and George have this put in?"

"No," Justin pulled a face as he slowly moved his sore knee. "It was actually George's ex-wife. She knew he liked baths and she hoped he would feel romantic." He slowly lowered his leg into the water. "I feel a little sorry for her."

"There is no way she could be that oblivious. Everyone in the city knew it years ago. I remember jokes about Schickle and his pickle."

"He's of a different era. I am glad he has been able to be himself with Em." 

Brian moved so he had one leg pressed against each of the sides while Justin's tucked between them. His toes would graze Brian's inner thighs. Trying to think about something else, he said, "Tell me about some of your early adventures. I know it sort of started with your dad. Did you have any close calls?"

Justin smiled, "Oh, sure. I used to go with the delivery guys. The appliances he sold were knock offs of top of the line brands. I would go into all these huge mansions with them. I usually held doors and stuff, and I would ask if I could use the restroom and they always let me. I just smiled pretty."

"And shook that fine ass, probably."

"Maybe," he said with a wink. "At first I would sneak into the master bedroom and take a watch or pair of earrings. They were all things that people would think they just misplaced but then I realized there were some bigger items that would make a lot more so I started looking for security systems. It is surprising how many people hadn't had anything installed back then. My first big take was a Picasso. The lady couldn't stop bragging about owning one so later that night I slipped out of my house and into theirs. What I didn't know was they had pets. As I was slipping the painting off the wall, a cat started moving in and out of my legs and then, as I was heading to the door... I just realized it was another cat. I always liked cats but maybe they don't all like me."

"They just like you so much they want to be touched by you. I know I do." Justin moved his foot enough to slide over the tip of Brian's cock, causing him to take in a sharp breath. "Anyway, as I moved out of the house I heard a little girl's voice calling the cat. I ducked behind a large plant and thankfully the child just snatched up the cat and left the room. I couldn't get away fast enough."

"How old were you?"

"It was just before my 15th birthday. Then I had to figure out what a 14 year old does with a Picasso. I actually hung onto it for a few years. I just didn't know how to get rid of it. I sort of became attached to it. I finally sold it to help with college."

"That is crazy. Have you ever gotten into something really dangerous?"

"I lifted some art from a museum and I actually came in through a skylight."

"You're kidding, right?"

"I wish I was. I'm not super fond of heights."

"Was this a job you were doing for yourself or a client?"

"That was for a client. It was the first one that I got paid for because I recovered a piece that had been taken by the Nazis. I got it back to the family that had owned it before the war."

"Sunshine, is that something you want to continue doing?"

"I take a couple jobs a year and rarely this close together. I had to get that last sketch. It was for his family."

Brian took Justin's feet and started moving them to either side of his hips, "This isn't hurting your knee, is it?"

"Not at all," Justin said as he moved closer. Soon they were nearly pelvis to pelvis and Justin reached up and locked his fingers behind Brian's head and guided him towards his own. The moments their lips met they both shivered. As they kissed they began to move against each other. Their cocks and balls were pressed tightly together, almost to the point of being painful but the contact was also bliss and neither cared when they felt hot cum hit their stomachs and chest.

Justin started to wrap his legs around Brian when pain shot through him.  "Shit!" He quickly moved his leg into a comfortable position. 

Brian moved away slightly, "You okay?"

"I'm good, but I have to admit, I am really tired all of the sudden. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the bourbon we have been drinking along with the meds I'm taking."

Brian quickly rinsed off and then stepped out of the tub. "Just stay sitting until I dry off. You will be slippery enough. While Brian dried himself off, Justin finished rinsing himself off and then started draining the water. Then Brian was lifting him out of the tub and with Justin resting against the bath, Brian dried him off and helped put the brace back on. 

"That brace really does make a difference. Thank god it was only a sprain." Justin held onto Brian's arm until he was safely tucked in bed. Brian made sure the lights were all off and then he moved onto the bed and he sought the heat of Justin's body. They talked until they drifted off, both relieved at how the day had turned out.

 

Justin woke up first and had to pee. He carefully stood and was relieved that his knee didn't scream. He slipped a robe on and went out into the kitchen. As he tied the silk robe, he realized he hadn't brought this robe but he knew what he was buying as soon as he had a chance, and damn, he couldn't wait to see Brian in one. 

Opening the fridge, Justin pulled out a pan. He glanced at the directions and then turned on the oven. After putting the pan on the rack, he closed the door. Leaning against the counter to take the pressure off his knee, he looked out the window. The sun was slowly rising above the mountains, sending streaks of light onto the meadow where a doe and her fawn were nibbling grass. He just saw movement on the edge of the woods when Brian's arms came around him.

"What are you looking at?" He rested his chin on Justin's shoulder and pressed his lips just below his ear, lingering for several seconds.

"Look," the buck is watching over one of his girls and his baby. "Isn't he majestic?" They both watched the large buck stride across the field. "It reminds me of a scene from Bambi."

Brian chuckled softly, "I hope we don't hear a shot." He kissed him again and stood up. "How's the knee?"

"Already feeling much better." As Justin turned to face him, Brian let his hands run over the robe.

"This is a nice robe."

"It's not mine. It must be Em's. He kissed Brian and then separated from him to check the oven.

"You need one of these." Brian's hand rested lightly on Justin's ass. "And in this blue color." He bent his head and dropped kisses along his cheekbone and then his jaw. And then the timer went off. "What's that?"

"I need to check breakfast." He used the counter to walk around to the oven. "I am not sure exactly what this is but it is some kind of coffee cake filled with blueberries and I think cream cheese. There are sausage and eggs if we want some of that, too."

"I think the cake and some coffee is all I need." Brian moved toward the back door where there is a deck that extended out over a deep ravine. He stepped out on the deck and then came back in. "It's a little chilly out there but it is the perfect place to have breakfast."

"I'm starting the coffee. Check that closet by the deck door. I think Em said something about blankets there. I think we can start a fire out there too."

"Well, I don't think we need that this morning, but tonight, that sounds great." Brian was already digging in the closet. He pulled out two blankets. "I will be right back. Don't try carrying that stuff." Brian took one of the blankets out and spread it on one of the outdoor sofas. He then went back in and handed Justin the second blanket and carried out the tray he had put together. There was a carafe of coffee, two cups and forks, and the pan of cake. "Don't we need plates?"

"I don't think we need them. We can just eat out of the pan, can't we?" Justin smiled at him. "That way we are only sharing one piece, right?"

Brian smiled and said, "I love the way you think."


They wrapped the blanket around them. For the next two hours they ate cake and drank coffee and talked. Before they realized the coffee pot was empty, there were crumbs left in the pan and the blanket had slipped off their shoulders as the sun was now high in the sky.

"I'm sorry we can't go out and explore."

"Justin, do I really look like the kind of guy that wants to go out in the woods?"

"You said you enjoyed it with my mom and Molly."

"I did enjoy that. We had a destination and that view was killer."

"That is a great view." Justin said as he dropped his head on Brian's shoulder and put his foot up on the table. 

"Do you want to go in? Would that be more comfortable?"

"No, I'm fine. Have you noticed how quiet it is up here? I mean, other than a bird, there is no noise."

"I think I heard a cow a while ago but it is quiet. It might be too quiet."

"You do know that if we can't hear anything it means no one can hear us either."

"Oh, you're right! I am going to go call Cap. When I come back, do you want anything?"

"Could you bring my sketch pad out here before your call?" He told Brian where he could find it and moments later he reappeared with a spiral book and a pouch of pens and pencils. "Thank you, Bri. Send my love to Cap and Angie."

"I will." Brian kissed him and tucked a pillow under his leg before going into the house. He was glad Justin hadn't insisted on being involved with the call. He loved him. Damn, did he love him, but Cap and Angie, well, they are the couple that taught him how to love. He placed the call to Angie's phone. He didn't know if they would be together, but he knew Angie would tell him everything they had been told. Cap would leave out details.

"Brian, I knew you would call."

"Hey, Ang, how are you doing? How is Cap? What did you find out yesterday?"

"Brian, slow down just a second. Are you and Justin enjoying your time there? And I don't mean the sex."

She could hear the smile in his voice when he said, "He loves me. Justin loves me, too."

"I knew he did. I don't know what was holding him back but he obviously got it out of his system."

"We had a good talk and the things that were holding him back have been discussed. Now, enough about me, about us. I called about Cap."

"Yes," Angie's voice sounded upbeat which he took for a good sign. "The cancer is still contained. It hasn't spread. He will be having surgery next week. They will take a few lymph nodes to double check it isn't found anywhere else and that will decide after care. He will have radiation for sure, but they aren't sure about chemo."

Brian let out an audible sigh of relief. "I know he still has several things to get through but it sounds like it could have been a lot worse."

"He was very relieved. You'll be back by next Thursday, right?"

"We will be home by Tuesday. Let me know what time you need to be at the hospital and I will pick you both up."

"Thank you, Brian. We love you."

"You have always shown that, Ang. Even when I wasn't that lovable, you were always there. Please let Cap know I called and if you need anything, call me."

"We will, son."

They said their goodbyes and then Brian took a minute to let it sink in. It sounded like the best outcome that could have been. Hopefully he won't need chemo because even through radiation he was going to whine. His gaze drifted out to see Justin engrossed in his sketch pad. They had a lot to work out with him working for the police and Justin playing Robin Hood, but he had no doubt they would figure it out. It was then he realized his cheeks were wet. Why was he crying? He thought about Cap and Angela and looked at Justin, and realized he had never expected to have any of this in his life. He was loved and in love.

Justin glanced in and saw him. He smiled and waved. Brian smiled back and mouthed the words, ‘I'll be right back'. He walked out of sight and wiped his eyes. He grabbed a couple bottles of water and headed outside. He had his boyfriend all to himself and he was going to take full advantage of every minute.

"Is everything alright? You look a little upset." Justin said, reaching out for Brian's hand. Brian set the water on the table and took his hand as he sat next to him. He wrapped his arms around him and looked at his sketchbook.

"You are really talented. I haven't seen much of your work. Will you show me your studio when we go back?"

He hesitated just a moment before saying, "I will. I've been thinking," he moved to kiss Brian before continuing. "I am going to check into the space above your loft. It would be so convenient to have it there."

"I am betting it won't be hard to get. I love that idea."

"I will have to put in some security and a safe."

"We'd hate it if something you stole was stolen," Brian smirked. 

Justin turned serious. "That sketch is at my studio now and I couldn't get it into my safe. It has stairs and I couldn't go up with this knee. I wonder if they have noticed already."

Brian pulled out his phone and looked at the local Pittsburgh news. The headlines flashed about the theft, and right under it was a story about Paul Cadmus and his family. "His family is making it clear that the drawing was stolen from their uncle years ago. I would bet this will fade quickly. I know the insurance company would ask the museum for the provenance of the artpiece and if they couldn't follow it back, it wouldn't get paid out." Brian's hand ran up Justin's thigh. "I don't think I can ever say this to Cap, but I support your work when it is to make things right. Now, we know this sofa is comfortable and I think it is only right that we try out that lounging bed over there." He pointed at an oversized platform with a mattress.

"Why do I think Em had that added out here. I can imagine him sunbathing in the nude out here."

"I really am not sure I want to see that, but I would love to see you there."

Justin laid his sketch pad on the table and extended his hand to Brian who quickly got to his feet and assisted Justin in getting up. Justin grabbed the two blankets and Brian put an arm around Justin's waist, picked up the water bottles, and they moved across the deck.

"Glad we didn't bother getting dressed today." Brian undid the belt on Justin's robe and let it slip off his shoulders. Once it was out of the way, Justin sat and reached up and tugged on Brian's robe until it fell open. Justin reached out, and placing his hands on Brian's hips, he pulled him closer. He brought his lips to Brian's growing erection and soon Brian was gently pushing Justin backwards. He started to raise Justin's legs and looked at him. Justin nodded. Brian slowly leaned into Justin, keeping his eyes locked with his for any sign of discomfort.

"Brian, I am fine. I'm far better than fine!" He couldn't get as involved physically, but emotionally, he couldn't be more involved. When they had both climaxed, Brian rolled to one side and Justin placed his head on Brian's chest. After several minutes of silent companionship, Justin said, "You never told me what you found out about Cap."

"He has surgery next Thursday. He will need radiation, chemo, or maybe both but it hasn't spread to any other location. It is the best we could hope for."

"Is that why you were crying?" he asked softly.

"You saw that?"

"I did, but I had a feeling that isn't something you're comfortable with."

"I don't do it often, but I seem to feel things more strongly since I met you. You were part of the tears. I never expected to know how to love, but now, I couldn't stop loving you if I wanted to."

Justin kissed his chest and said, "I hope you aren't too disappointed in what I really am."

"I have to admit, it had to sink in and I needed the whole story. You have helped so many people, and in the last six years you have only tried to correct earlier thefts. I have been thinking we may be able to use your skills in a legal capacity. Frequently the police could use someone to stop theft ahead of time. Obviously you have the skills for that."

"I would be willing to do that, but I want you to know I'm not ready to stop helping get pieces to their proper home."

"I do understand that. We will have to do projects away from Pittsburgh. If we take vacations a couple times a year, we can work it that way."

"That should work. I have ways of finding out what people want recovered. If there is a reward, it will go to the scholarship fund."

"And your 10%."

"Well, at least have my expenses covered."

"Our expenses. You are not going to get away from me too easily. You're the expert but I bet you could use a second set of hands in the planning."

"Are you sure you want to get involved?"

"I'm already involved because I'm involved with you." 

 

By the time Brian and Justin went back to the city Monday evening, Justin was still wearing his brace but the pain was gone. Before they even went home, they stopped at Justin's studio. "Are you sure you want to deal with those steps?" Brian asked.

"I need to get the drawing in the safe. It is in the back of the locker over there. The combination is 15, 21, 24."

Brian opened it and pulled the framed image out. By that time, Justin was already opening the door to the studio. Brian followed him and then froze in place. "Did you do all of this?" He scanned the large work room. 

"I did. Some of them are copies of someone else's work, but most of it's original." Justin extended his hand and Brian handed him the picture before Justin walked over to a blank wall.

"What were the numbers for the combination?"

Brian watched Justin do something over at the wall. Justin looked over his shoulder, "My age the first time I did a real job, the age I set up the trust, and the last was my age when I had given away my first million." To Brian's astonishment the wall silently began to move.

"What the hell?"

"You didn't think I was going to just have a safe, did you?"

"I hadn't really thought about it. Can you spot walls like this? I mean if you were in a house could you tell there was something like this?"

"I'm not sure I could always notice, but in most cases, I can spot them as I walk into the room."

"That will make you very valuable to the police. You can enter a crime scene and spot abnormalities."

"Do you want to see what is behind here?" Justin asked and Brian walked over. They entered a room about ten feet by four feet. It was lined in shelves at one end. He walked over and placed the frame on the shelf.  

Brian walked around and looked at other items on the shelves. "Are any of these real?" He asked as he looked at some jewelry. "How long will you keep that before you contact the family?"

"Yes, the jewelry is real, and I won't wait long with this picture. I won't get anything for this one except the pleasure of returning it. Before you ask, I've had that jewelry for years. I was waiting to see if they were forgotten or if I should just take the jewels out and sell the gold separately."

"It would be a shame to pull something this beautiful apart. I will try once more to get some interest in it."

"When did you get this?"

"I was still in high school so I didn't have connections yet. I had been in the house before on a delivery and I went to lift a couple watches but when I opened the jewelry drawer, I spotted the false bottom. I think I notice this stuff because of my art perspective. Things just look ‘off'."

"That makes sense to me."

"Can we go to my place next so I can pack a bag before we go to the loft?"

"You're coming to the loft?"

"You invited me to move in, remember? I just want to pick up a bag I have packed and then, by the end of the month, I can have my stuff moved over. It is a furnished apartment so it is just my personal stuff. Once I'm here and get the space upstairs rented, I will build my safe room.  Maybe in another month I will have the safe room ready."

"Do you still have your apartment in New York City?"

"I do and I probably always will. It is such a big city anyone can get lost in it. I have everything in another name there so I can always disappear there."

"I'd love to disappear there together. Right after we find out Cap's treatment is going well, we could take some time there. I love the city."

By now they were pulling into Justin's apartment and Brian left him resting his knee while he went up to get his bag.

Twenty minutes later they were entering the freight elevator to get to the loft. "The cabin was great and I hope we can go there again some time but right now, I am glad we are at our place." Justin dropped on the sofa.

"I like the way that sounds, ‘Our place'. You hungry?"

"Do we have food?"

"Probably not," Brian bent down and kissed Justin. "Can you order something? Maybe a pizza? I want to call Angie before it gets too late."

"Sure, Love." Justin pulled up an app and ordered beer and a pizza. 

Brian had brought their bags into the bedroom and then sat on the bed to call Angie. "Ang, how is he?"

"He's scared." Brian heard Angie's voice shake a bit.

"I will be stopping by the precinct tomorrow, but let Justin and I bring dinner tomorrow night unless you want to be left alone."

"That sounds perfect. Your get away went well?"

"It did. Sunshine just ordered dinner. He lives here now."

"What a surprise." The sarcasm came through loud and clear.

"See you tomorrow evening. We'll plan on being there around 6:30 unless that is too early."

"That should be just fine. What are we eating?"

"Who knows." Brian heard her laughing as the call was disconnected.

Brian came back into the main room. He opened his mouth but he closed it again when he saw Justin's eyes closed with his blond hair falling over his eyes. He moved to the kitchen and tried to be quiet as he pulled out plates and a roll of paper towels. He opened the refrigerator and  pulled out the last beer and opened it. Leaning against the counter his mind wandered back to the first time he had met Cap. He was such a stupid little shit, but Cap saw something in him. He felt he deserved another chance. He was glad Angie felt optimistic. He wasn't ready to lose Cap for a long, long time.

The buzzer brought Brian out of his daydream and Justin back from his nap. Brian answered the intercom and soon Brian had paid for the delivery and locked the door behind him. "Ready for some pizza and a beer?"

"Ya, I didn't realize I was so tired."

"Your knee is feeling better but it is still healing. That takes a lot out of you." 

Together they polished off the pizza and the six pack of beer. Brian cleaned up the mess and opened the freezer. "I know this has been in here a while but it is still sealed." Brian said as he brought a pint container of a chocolate caramel gelato. He had a spoon and, sitting side by side on the floor in front of the sofa Brian offered Justin a bite and then took one himself.

After several bites, Justin sighed and said, "This stuff is so good."

"I better check if it tastes the same in your mouth as it does in mine." He offered Justin another bite and then brought his lips to Justin's and slipped his tongue into his mouth. The ice cream was set aside and Brian wrapped him in his arms. 

Eventually Justin pulled away. "Let's put the rest of that in the freezer and go to bed."

Once the dessert was back in place they walked hand in hand to the steps. Brian helped support his elbow so he could go up the stairs easier. Once they were both in bed, Justin rolled over and put his head on Brian's shoulder and his hand on his chest, Justin said, "Thank you."

"Thank you for what?"

"For just being here and caring."

"I haven't really done much."

"Oh, but you have. You have been worrying about me walking too much or if it hurts when I go up stairs. My mom is the only one who ever did that, but I didn't spend much time with her. I knew she loved me because she cared. You love me and you care about me. You know I would give you the moon if you asked."

"I'd never ask that. I have everything I need right here."

"Goodnight, Brian. I love you."

"Sunshine, I love you, too. I will always be here for you, and if I screw up, let me know. Angie and Cap did their best to teach me what a real relationship was like, but I am sure I missed something."

"So far you haven't missed a thing." Justin kissed him and he tightened his arms around him.

"Actually, I did. We are going to bring dinner to Ang and Cap tomorrow. That's okay isn't it?"

"That's perfect. I'm not sure I would ever get tired of family."