- Text Size +

 

Justin had decided to make dinner for the four of them rather than order something. That led to the realization that it would be easier for him to bake the dish at the house, so he called Angie to see if that worked for her and she encouraged him to come over anytime. 

He arrived at Angie and Cap's house around 5:30. Angie opened the door before he could knock. "Come in, Justin." She kissed his cheek as he walked past carrying a basket of food. "Brian told Cap you are an excellent cook. What are we having?"

"It's nothing fancy. I have a loaf of bread that is ready to bake. There is a bag of salad and dressing. No prep there. I have everything ready for the chicken. Would you mind starting the oven?"

Angie walked over and turned it on. "Is 350° alright?"

"That's great for the bread. Once that is done we will turn it to 300°.  The chicken just tastes better when it is cooked low and slow."

"Is there a name for your chicken?"

"Not really. It is just roasted chicken and potatoes. I hope the salad can count as a vegetable. I had ordered something but they weren't in the grocery delivery."

"You know what? I have some fresh green beans. I was just going to throw them in the freezer since I won't be around for a few days with Cap's surgery."

Out of the corner of his eye, Justin saw Angie grab the edge of the counter as she spoke. He closed the gap between them and put his arms around her. "He is strong and healthy other than the cancer. He will be fine. I'm not saying it will be easy but he has too much to live for with you and Brian."

Angie gave him a squeeze before taking a step back. "Did your mom teach you how to deal with women?"

"When I was with her she did. The rest of the time I just treated women the opposite of the way my father did."

"Brian is treating you right, isn't he?"

"You taught him right. I can see his cynical side, his uncertain side from time to time, but he is so kind and caring. I only had that when I was in California. Now, I better check on that bread."

They worked side by side. Once everything was ready, they sat out on the screen porch and sipped wine. By the time Brian and Cap arrived, Justin had opened the second bottle of wine and Brian went in for two more glasses.

When the meal was ready they moved into the house and Justin and Angie put the food out. It was a quiet night of good food and good friends. No one mentioned the surgery until Brian and Justin were ready to leave. "Do you know what time you have to be at the hospital?" Brian asked.

"They want me there by 6:00, but surgery is scheduled for 8:00. I know that is really..."

"Shut up, Cap. I'm not letting my best girl sit there alone. I will be here at 5:30."

"I will come along," Justin volunteered.

"You will come about 8:00 with fresh coffee for Ang and me," Brian said, kissing Justin's temple. "And tomorrow you are staying home, right?"

"Yes. We have to go for a blood draw sometime in the morning but the rest of the day we will be home. And no food or alcohol after 6:00," Cap grumbled.

No one really said goodbye. Brian picked up the basket that had empty containers in it. As Brian and Justin walked to Justin's car, he handed Brian the keys. "I drank too much." 

"I figured one of us would, which is why I came over with Cap. My car's already at the loft."

"I like them more every time we are together."

"By the way, I brought you up at work. I wasn't planning on it but Cap was trying to get everything in order and he mentioned an art theft. You haven't been... "

"You know about my last projects. Continue." Justin relaxed and closed his eyes.

"They want you to answer questions next week about some artwork." There was no answer. Brian ran the knuckle of his finger down Justin's cheek. He would tell him again tomorrow. Brian parked Justin's car in the back of the building. He needed to come up with safe parking for both of their cars.

Brian got out of the car and as he closed the door, Justin stirred. He reached for the door handle and by the time he had it pushed open, Brian was there to offer his hand, Justin took it but then reached up and locked his fingers behind Brian's head and kissed him. "You are amazing in every way." He smiled up at him, "Don't forget to grab the basket."

Once they were in the building and took the elevator up, Justin led the way and unlocked the door. "I love our place but I really wish there was a garage."

"I was thinking the same thing when I was parking. I will check and see if there is a parking garage close by."

"I think I fell asleep while you were talking." He walked to the fridge and pulled out two bottles of water out and tossed one to Brian who had sat down on the sofa.

Brian extended his hand and Justin came around and sat next to him. Brian opened the bottle and then put one arm around Justin who curled into him. "Next Monday, Cap's lieutenant wants to talk to you. He needs an art expert to answer some questions. Does that work for you?" 

"That works for me. What do you have planned for tomorrow?"

"I am going into the station for a couple hours to finish up a couple things with the insurance company. There were a couple reports that they need to be redone. I'll go in mid morning and be done around noon."

"Can we get tacos? I don't know why, but I am craving tacos."

"Oh, no, I've already gotten you pregnant!" Brian looked at Justin trying to keep a straight face. 

"Not yet," Justin said as he stood up and extended a hand to Brian, "But I'm never going to give up trying!" He said playfully. For a split second he got serious and looked at him sincerely, "Brian, you don't want kids, do you?"

"God, no. I never saw myself as a father. I will get all the love I need from you."

"I promise you that. I never wanted kids or a husband but I am so glad I found you."

Brian made sure Justin wasn't in pain as he went up the steps to the bedroom and then he pulled him close, "Justin Taylor, you will never know how you changed my life."

"I think I do. You did the same for me." As one, they fell onto the mattress and Justin pinned Brian down by straddling his hips.

"Are you supposed to do that with your knee?"

"I'm not stressing it in any way so it's fine, unless you forget and get wild on me."

"I'm kind of hoping you're going to get wild on me." He reached up and brushed Justin's hair out of his eyes. "Justin, I know what an amazing lover you are, but tonight, if you are up to it, I want you inside of me."

Justin could tell something in the mood had changed. Gone was the light-hearted tone from earlier. They both undressed and then Justin positioned himself behind Brian and as he slowly entered him, he brought his mouth to Brian's ear and whispered, "It doesn't matter on positions as long as I'm with you."

A few hours later Justin was snoring softly. Brian got out of bed and walked to the main room of the loft. He stared out the window sipping a glass of whiskey. He knew Cap had an excellent chance of being just fine, but for some reason, he couldn't stop thinking about Jack. He probably hadn't thought about him since his funeral. His mom had been so over dramatic. He wasn't sure they had ever really loved each other but she sucked up the attention. Could she really care about him? He wasn't sure she could care about anything except herself. She was so emotionless. 

Brian sensed movement behind him but before he could turn around, Justin's arms came around his waist from behind, and kissed his shoulder. "Are you Ok? I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"I'm fine."

"What are you doing up?"

"I was going to ask you that. You seem pretty sober."

"I'm just dehydrated right now. You couldn't sleep?"

"Not sure why not. I can't seem to shut my brain off."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

‘No, there..." Brian stopped. He turned around and pulled Justin close. "I started thinking about my parents." He kissed his forehead before he continued. "I never know what to call them. The egg and sperm donors? I think the cancer sparked some memories. Jack had cancer. Even cancer won't go near Joan."

"At least you have Ang and Cap in your life. I know that doesn't make everything better. You were a child with no love. I had the first ten years with Mom and always knew she loved me." Justin kissed him softly, "He will be just fine."

"I know he will. I just always go back to wondering what I did to be unlovable?"

Justin put a hand on each of his cheeks, "You did nothing wrong. You only wanted love. We were both broken, but along the way we learned to heal." Justin dropped a kiss on his lips and said, "Brian Kinney, I love you. I love you so much I sometimes forget how to breathe." 

This time Brian brought his mouth down to Justin's, and after a greedy kiss, he needed him. He needed every part of him that very minute. There were no clothes to remove and it only took a heartbeat for Brian to have Justin draped over a chair. "Shit," he said as he tried to find a condom in the end table drawer. He then found it, as one hand reached around Justin and began to touch him, he used the other one to slip on the rubber and then moved into him. Both men lasted longer than they expected to but when they came they did it together and felt it through every part of their bodies.

As they dropped onto the chair in front of them, Justin said, "And all I came out for was a bottle of water." He wrapped his arms around Brian's neck and said, "Think you can sleep now?"

"I have no doubt. What did I ever do without you in my life?" He didn't wait for a response. "Go to bed and I will get us each a bottle of water."

They didn't rush in the morning, Brian went to work about 9:30. Justin's plan for the day was to pack up his personal items at his apartment, but first he was going to explore the building and see if the other space would work for his studio. The place had been for sale for years, according to Brian. 

Of course he didn't have keys but no good thief needed them. Working his way around the side of the building he saw the side door and as he made his way around to the back he was surprised to find garage doors and another regular door. It only took him a few seconds to pick the lock and walk in. He locked the door behind him. He stood in a large workroom of some kind. He had a feeling this had been the delivery and storage area. He could already picture a wall separating the garage section from the rest of the big room. He could already picture their cars parked there. 

There was a set of industrial metal stairs, and at the top he could see a door that would have to lead to the area outside their apartment. He would have to check it out. That would make it perfect for them to get to their vehicles. There were several other doors in this room. He found an office that would be perfect for his tools and his acquisitions. There were a couple small rooms and closets, but the last door he opened was what he was looking for. 

The large room, directly under their apartment would be perfect for his studio. There was lots of natural light that would be perfect for him to work in. He also got the idea that it would be a great spot for art classes. He loved the space. 

Justin pulled out his phone and called the realtor. Fifteen minutes later Justin was in the agent's office making an offer to buy the whole building with cash. By noon he had notified one of his offshore banks and the cost of the building was transferred into the agent's business account. When all was said and done, Brian was the owner of, not only the loft he had been renting, but the entire building. He had decided it was much easier to put it into Brian's name because they could use his name for all the background checks. He had too many aliases. Brian was a hometown boy who worked for the police and he got a big bonus for solving a case, or that is what the story would be. That was all done by noon.

Justin stopped by his rental and packed up his clothes and the few personal items he had there. He called a delivery company to pick up the suitcases and boxes and left them at the front desk and then went and purchased boxes to pack up the studio. Most of the items there he had to pack himself. He would also move the important items himself and the rest he would hire out.  Some of his art supplies and machines were heavy. There was no way he could move his large kiln without a moving truck.

After getting the move scheduled, he picked up a twelve pack of beer and a few groceries for dinner and went home. It had been a long time since he felt like he had a home. He had his apartment in New York but that was just the place he bought and lived. He realized now home would always be where Brian was.

 

"Justin," Brian called out when he arrived home around 5:00. "Did you see the building sold? Shit! I need to try calling the agent and see if we have to move out. You didn't give up your apartment, did you? We may have to..." Justin strolled down the steps from the bedroom dressed in a silk robe very similar to the one at the cabin. "Oh, lord, you look amazing in that, almost as good as if you were out of it!" Brian stopped worrying about the loft as he took Justin into his arms and kissed him.

 "Ummmm," Justin said as he leaned his head back and ran his hands through Brian's hair. "You were saying something?"

"Oh, shit, I almost forgot about it, seeing you in that."

"There's one for you, too. It's on the bed."

"First let me call the leasing agent before they close for the day."

"Bri, why don't you look at the papers on the table before you make that call."

"But, Justin, I need to know... I mean what if we have to move and I just found this place. They told me it was for sale but no one had shown any interest."

Justin finally took his hand and led him to the table, handing him the folder. "I did a few things today."

Brian opened the folder and lazily looked at the papers, "It's been a long day, Sunshine." 

Justin could see stress on his face. He was already stressed about Cap. "Brian, I looked around the building today. Did you know there is a garage in the back with two doors."

"I had no idea, but Justin the rental agent will be.."

"Brian, this place is perfect for us. There is a place for the cars. There is a place for my studio and I could even hold some art classes."

"Justin, how is this all good? The place is sold."

"Brian, look at the papers in the folder."

Brian finally looked closely. "Justin, this says I bought the property." He looked up with a confused look.

"You don't mind me putting it in your name, do you?"

"This says the building was over $3 million."

"Ya, I got it for a steal. It has been on the market for..."

"Justin, a steal? $3.75 M is a steal?"

"It really is. This neighborhood is starting to pick up. If we want to sell in a few years we will make a great profit."

"I can't let you pay for this."

"Sure you can. If you want to pay rent, fine, but I would prefer you to pay me back in bed." Justin's hand slid the zipper down on Brian's trousers and reached into the opening.

"You drive a hard bargain."

"Hard is what I am looking for. Oh, there it is." 

"You get out of those clothes and I will put dinner in the oven to stay warm until we want to eat." 

"Sounds like the perfect way to work up an appetite."

 

Brian was sprawled on the bed with the silk robe laying across his pelvis. "Do I want to know how much this cost?"

"I saw some for $4000 each but I decided $400 for two of them was good enough." As Justin spoke, he began to slowly pull the silk across Brian's cock and once he had laid it to the side he removed his own. Then, like a cat stalking his prey, he crawled across the bed and after a quick kiss on his lips, Justin tugged on Brian's arm, making him turn over. Justin began to feast. He kissed along his shoulder blades. Even from his lips alone he could feel the tension in his body so he began to work the muscles in his neck and shoulders. Once he felt them relax a bit he kissed the area and moved down lower. He continued downward toward his mid section and then to the small of his back. As he got to the rise of his ass, his tongue trailed between the globes and as he traveled downward, he spent a little extra time at the now throbbing bud. 

Brian flipped over, sending Justin to his back. He straddled Justin and left a trail of kisses across his chest and down his torso. He spent a moment at the belly button and then moved down but avoided his erection and his balls and ran his tongue down Justin's inner thighs.

"Damn, Brian, that isn't fair!" He arched upward, wanting Brian to take him in his mouth but instead Brian flipped him to his side and draping his hand over Justn's waist, he reached around to take his cock in hand as he entered him from behind. Together they crested and for several moments they lay connected, regaining normal breath.

"You really bought this place?"

"You bought this place. The paperwork says so. Do you know of a good contractor, or maybe Angie and Cap do?"

"They do. One of their friends does carpentry work. When can I see what I bought?"

"Let's shower and eat. After that we can look around and I can tell you what I was thinking."

 

After they finished their meal, Justin and Brian cleaned up and then, hand in hand, they walked out of the apartment. "The first thing I want to do is open the wall here for a doorway. There is a door on that side already and maybe we can find a place for a door in the loft for a guest room."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

With the keys he had gotten, he opened the door into the garage. Justin's car was already parked there. "This space is huge! It will be great to get the cars inside, especially in the winter."

Justin pointed out where he could have work space for his big projects and that weird little closet that just kind of sticks out over there," he pointed to the far corner, "will be the perfect spot for my secret space. I can make that work. Now let's go into the front section." Justin explained his plans for what he wanted to do eventually. He wanted to sell art supplies and have an area where people could work on a project or take a class. He figured if he had specialty coffees and some pastry, eventually the neighborhood would stop by. 

"You have really been thinking about it. There aren't any coffee places nearby, but how are you going to do everything?"

"I hope we can find someone to run it. It might be open from 7:00 until 2:00 or 3:00. I'll just hire someone to manage the shop."

"We can talk to Angie tomorrow. She may know someone. A distraction will be good." Brian kissed Justin. "Are we done? Can we go back to the loft? I need to be up early."

"Of course, Brian. I knew this might be too much with everything you have on your mind. I know we showered, but why don't you take a bath. It might help you relax." They got on the lift.

"You aren't joining me?" Brian opened the gate at the apartment level.

"We'll see," Justin said as he stepped off the elevator and into the loft. "I will go start your water. You get undressed." 

Justin added some lavender oil to Brian's bath and lit a couple of candles. He hoped this would help him relax so he could get a good night's sleep.

Once Brian sank into the scented water, Justin sat by his head on a small stool and rubbed his temples. He felt Brian's body go a little deeper into the water. As Brian closed his eyes, Justin began to hum and then sing "All of Me."

♪All of Me♪

♪What would I do without your smart mouth?

Drawing me in, and you kicking me out

You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down

What's going on in that beautiful mind?

I'm on your magical mystery ride

And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

 

My head's under water

But I'm breathing fine

You're crazy and I'm out of my mind♪

 

Brian started to sit up but Justin held him in place. He continued to massage Brian's head and neck.

"I didn't know you could sing." He was now mesmerized by the sound of Justin's voice and what his hands were doing.

"Shhhh," Justin said as he leaned forward and kissed Brian's head and then continued to sing.

♪'Cause all of me

Loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me

I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginning

Even when I lose, I'm winning

'Cause I give you all of me

And you give me all of you, oh-oh

 

How many times do I have to tell you?

Even when you're crying, you're beautiful too

The world is beating you down, I'm around through every mood

You're my downfall, you're my muse

My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues

I can't stop singing, it's ringing in my head for you

 

My head's under water

But I'm breathing fine

You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

 

'Cause all of me

Loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me

I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginning

Even when I lose, I'm winning

'Cause I give you all of me

And you give me all of you, oh-oh

 

Give me all of you, oh

 

Cards on the table, we're both showing hearts

Risking it all, though it's hard

 

'Cause all of me

Loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me

I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginning

Even when I lose, I'm winning

'Cause I give you all of me

And you give me all of you

I give you all of me

And you give me all of you, oh-oh♪

Songwriters: John Stephens / Tobias Gad

Justin continued to hum and rub his temples for another couple of minutes before Brian finally said, "That feels so good, but I need to go to bed."

Justin helped dry his back and then pulled the blankets back so Brian could lay down. Brian moved over far enough for Justin to get in with him. 

"I have set my alarm for 5:00. Is that enough time?"

"I just need to comb my hair and dress. That will be fine."

"I love you, Brian. I will be at the hospital around 8:00."

"Sunshine, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you in my life right now. I love you."

 

At 5:00 the alarm went off. Brian got up and fifteen minutes later he kissed Justin's cheek and walked out of the bedroom and then out of the loft.

When he arrived at Cap and Angie's they were waiting for him. Cap had a small bag over his shoulder with what Brian was sure were his own pajamas and hygiene supplies, and Ang had her own bag. He smiled. He was fairly sure she had snacks in there as well as something to do with her hands.

It was a nearly silent ride to the hospital. Brian hung back while Cap checked in with Angie by his side. Soon a nurse came out and took Cap back, letting them know they would come and get both of them as soon as they had him prepped. They would be able to wait with him until they took him away.

 

When Justin arrived with coffee and some bagels Brian and Angie had just sat down in the waiting room. He hugged Angie and kissed Brian as he handed them their coffee and offered them the bag with bagels. They chatted as they ate their breakfast.  

"Angie, Justin and I did something yesterday. Well, mainly Justin did. He bought the building we live in. He is going to make it his studio and hopes to eventually put in an art supply store on the main floor along with probably a coffee shop."

"That sounds like a smart business plan," Angie said. "Are you going to work at the shop? Do you have time for that?"

"I hope I can find someone to manage the shop. That is probably at least six months away. I have a big art project going now so I have to focus on that for now. If you know of anyone who might enjoy working in a shop like that let me know. It could be a flexible schedule. I am guessing I will need two or three additional people to help run it. I hope to do some art classes but not actually work at the shop. My manager wouldn't have to work every day either once good staff is trained."

"I know I am not going to be making any changes in my life until I know how Cap is, but your shop sounds like the kind of place I would love to work. I have been thinking about a change. I am just tired of doing the same thing I've done since I met Brian."

"Are you serious, Angie? I would love to have you work for me. None of this is going to happen anytime soon. Once Cap is up and healthy, we will talk again."

The conversation floated from one topic to another until the doctor came out. "I am happy to tell you the surgery went perfectly. We have some biopsies that will need to be tested but I feel very comfortable in saying he will be back to normal soon. He will need radiation but as long as the tests come back negative, he won't need chemo."

Angie hugged both Brian and Justin before responding to the doctor. "Oh, thank you! Can I go see him?"

"A nurse will come get you when he is in his room. He will need to stay here at least one, maybe two nights but we can talk about all that later."

Brian stood and shook the surgeon's hand. "Thank you. That's great news."

Brian and Justin stayed with Angie until she could go to Cap's room, promising they would come back later in the afternoon to see him. "Angie, if you need anything before that just let one of us know. We won't be more than 15 minutes away."

"Thank you, Justin. And Brian, I hope you know how much you are loved. I don't know what I would have done this morning if you weren't here with me."

They hugged, then Brian and Justin headed to the parking lot. Justin took Brian's hand as they walked. "I took an Uber here. I figured that would be the easiest. We can ride home together." When they got to the car, Brian wrapped his long arms around Justin and held him for some time. Justin could feel a slight tremor of emotion go through him. "He's alright, Brian. Cap is going to be fine."

"Hell ya, he is!" Brian said as he opened the door for Justin. "I am guessing you have plans for us today?"

"Well, I planned to pack up my art studio. I would love your help."

Brian winked at him, "How much are you paying?"

"I just bought a loft for you."

"Yes, you did, and I love you for that. Let's go pack up your art."

"I plan to take the items in the hidden room with us, but everything else will be moved in a couple of days."

"Where are you putting your treasures until the new spot will be ready for them?"

"I asked Em if I could put a couple boxes in his office vault. I trust him. He isn't going to look or ask any questions."

"I didn't believe this could happen to me, but my life is nearly perfect right now."

Justin looked at him and said, "Only nearly?"

"We aren't in bed naked right now."

"You're right, but we can change that very easily," Justin said as Brian parked by the studio door. "Remember there's a bed in the corner of the studio."

"Then let's go make life perfect."