- Text Size +

 

Justin couldn't have been happier the following week. His studio and apartment had been cleaned out and everything was, except for a couple things in Em's vault, now in one place. He was also excited about now being on the payroll for the Pittsburgh Police. He wasn't going to be working as regularly as Brian but he expected to get called in when a theft occurred and they couldn't be sure how it was done. He had to do a little creative writing on his resume but now he would get a regular paycheck and he would get to do some traveling with Brian.

Both Justin and Brian stopped by Angie and Cap's almost daily. Cap was recovering quickly. He was given permission to go back to work at the beginning of the next week and would start his radiation treatments a couple of weeks later. He was already counting down the days until this was all behind him. 

Justin walked into Cap's office at the end of his first week back with a folder he had received at the beginning of the week. "Hey, Cap, how has your week been?"

"I have to admit that it is kicking my butt, and I haven't even started the radiation."

"Cap, you had major surgery three weeks ago. I think you are doing great."

"You didn't come in today to give me a pep talk. You can't be done reviewing that file."

Justin smiled, "Do you want me to come back next week?"

"So what can you tell me about this case? It was supposed to be difficult. My detectives hate looking at cold cases."

"I love to research. I put in some details and let the computer do the work."

Cap read the first paragraph and then continued down the paper. "How the hell did you put those two cases together?"

"The computer gave me several possibilities and when I saw that one, I know I'm not a real detective, but these just fit. Since the other case is solved, and the timing is right, everything points at those partners."

"Brian said you would be worth the pay." Cap skimmed the rest of the page and then the look on his face changed. "Justin, I trust my doctors and it is not my time yet, but, I want you to know, I have never seen Brian so happy with his life. He has had many good days and he has had many bad days, but I haven't seen him have a bad day since he met you."

"What can I say? I will never do anything to hurt him. I know we will have disagreements. We are human, but I will never leave unless we both agree, which I don't see happening. I can't imagine anyone who could get me like he does."

"He loves you. And I know my wife loves you. Did she tell you she is already planning stuff for your shop?"

"It doesn't surprise me. Are you alright with her switching jobs?"

"It is totally up to her, and she has worked so hard. She wouldn't have to work anymore and I think your shop will give her what she wants in life."

"Well, I have a feeling our visions will merge. I have to say I look forward to working with her, and when Brian and I have to travel, I know everything will be taken care of."

"If you're as good at new cases as you are at cold cases, you and Brian won't have to do much traveling." 

"I heard my name." Brian strode in and kissed Justin before dropping into the chair next to him. "He's amazing, isn't he, Cap?"

"You know that fraternizing with a coworker isn't allowed. Obviously you aren't officers, but..."

"I promise I won't fuck him in the locker room."

"Brian!" Justin reacted strongly.

Brian looked a little sheepish, "Sorry Cap. I'm not a 20 year old kid anymore but, I still speak before I think sometimes."

"We promise to behave, except for a kiss now and then in here." Justin smiled at Cap and then at Brian.

"I guess I can agree to that," Cap said.

"If I would have said that, you would have told me absolutely no."

"I trust Justin to stop at a kiss. You have never been good at control."

"And I, for one, prefer he doesn't control himself too much."

They talked a few more minutes before Justin got a text. "As much as I love the company, I have to head to my studio. The workman is there to... um... to install that wall, and he is wondering about dimensions." Justin kissed Brian and gave Cap a hug before he bounced out of the door. 

"Brian, you know how much I like Justin and I have never seen anyone solve a case so quickly, but there are times I feel like he is hiding something."

Brian looked at Cap, "Sunshine is wary of people in a lot of ways. He didn't have you and Angie like I did. He trusts you and Ang, but in his new studio he needs security. Some of his work is pretty valuable so he wants to watch them put in the alarms."

"I forget what his life was like. He hides it well."

"He has worked through most of it. He at least had his mom, but mostly at a distance."

"Where did he make all his money? I didn't want to be rude, but it is obvious he didn't grow up with it."

Brian was a little uncomfortable not telling Cap the whole truth, but he knew he couldn't, "He has a degree in finance. He is very skilled at both his professions."

"I believe you. I also know you are not telling me everything but that's alright."

 

Justin picked up the contractor and blindfolded him on the way to the loft. "Mr. T, this is a great location. What are you going to do with this space?"

"I hired you and am paying you good money to build something for me, not to chat."

"Sorry. You truly are paying me well. I was just trying to be polite."

"I didn't mean to snap, but you can imagine if I am willing to pay you what I am paying you, I want my privacy."

Justin worked side by side with the carpenter until late in the afternoon. "Are you ready to go to your hotel? You can sign for your meal in the hotel. I will be back in the morning around 8:30. I will text you when I am on my way." Justin pulled up in front of the hotel.

"Thanks, Mr. T. This looks great. I'll see you in the morning."

 

By the end of the next day, the secret room was complete and the carpenter was on his way back to Chicago. Justin was the only person, besides hotel and airport employees, he had talked to, and no one had really seen them together, so Justin let out a sigh of relief.

When Brian got home that evening, Justin met him in the garage. "Am I allowed back in my place?" He pulled Justin close and kissed him.

"You make it sound like we didn't make love several times last night in our bed, or did you already forget about that." His hand patted Brian's ass.

Brian purred deep in his throat, "I seem to remember something about that. Now, can I see this magical room?"

"Sure, I want you to find the door," Justin said as he opened the door from the garage into the work room. 

Brian looked around the room closely. He glanced at Justin and then walked away from him toward the wall. It looked like a solid wall with a door into two different storage rooms. The smaller of the two looked like a basic cleaning supply closet while the other door led into Justin's art supply room. He looked around and realized it couldn't be in this room.

"Justin, it's not in here, is it?" Justin shook his head and followed Brian back into the main studio workroom. Brian opened the door to the cleaning closet again and entered it. "I have it! I am not sure how to open it, but it is this wall. This is the door."

Justin smiled, "I knew you'd figure it out."

"But I had to seriously look for it and I knew it was here. Are you going to show me how to open it?"

Justin tapped on the bracket for a shelf and a door slid to the side. Once that was out of the way, there was a vault door. "I'll tell you the code later." Justin put in the combination and the door opened. "Tomorrow, do you have time to help me transfer my treasure?"

"I do. And do you remember talking about a trip to New York City? What do you think about doing that this weekend? Cap is feeling good right now and after he starts his radiation, I want to be around here."

"That sounds perfect. How about we drive? You can drive my car." Justin kissed his cheek.
"What do you want to do? I could get tickets to a show or we could go to... Do you trust me?"

"Of course I do."

"Then I know a couple things I want to try to set it up."

Brian had to smile at Justin's excitement. "I'm hungry. Do you have dinner planned or do we want to go out or order in?" 

Justin locked the vault and closed the hidden door. Brian took his hand and, together they walked up the steps to the loft level.  "Oh, dinner, I didn't plan anything."

"How about pizza and a movie?"

"That sounds good. When are we leaving for New York?" Justin's excitement was obvious.

"I know I have to go in in the morning. Something came in at the end of the day that he said would wait until morning and if it will wait until morning, it shouldn't need anything done right away. I would think maybe at noon tomorrow?"

"That sounds perfect! Back on Sunday or Monday?"

"I think we should be back Sunday. I just want to be here for Ang and Cap."

"Damn, I love you." Justin pressed himself tightly against him. "Order pizza, I'll grab some beers."

 

The next morning Brian left for work and Justin got busy. He made plans for the next three days. Tonight it would be a late dinner at a small Thai place in his neighborhood. He could already taste his favorite Pad Thai. He made plans for all day Friday. Saturday they would play it by ear. And they would take Sunday as a leisurely drive back.

By the time Brian got home, Justin had packed bags for both of them and by noon they were on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Brian reached over and took his hand. "Sometimes I think you love this car more than you love me." Justin said teasingly.

"Damn right! The way this engine purrs... Oh, wait, you seemed to be purring yourself last night. So what are our plans for this weekend?"

"I'm not going to tell you everything but tonight we are going to a great little neighborhood Thai place and then I thought I would show you my apartment."

"Showing me the apartment will take all night?"

"Well, if we want to christen each room it will."

"How big is the apartment?"

"Did I tell you I have a hot tub on a rooftop terrace?"

"It's a penthouse?" Brian asked with surprise.

"Well, not the top penthouse. You'll see in a few hours. You asked how big the place was? Well, officially it is a 4 bedroom apartment. I have two set up for sleeping. I have my office and then I have my studio."

"What part of the city is it in?"

"It's in SoHo. Before you say anything, it is in a rent control building. I got it the first time I recovered a stolen artifact for a family. They gave me the apartment in payment."

"None of the family wanted it? I know you wouldn't demand something like that."

"The children were in their 40s and had already established their homes and families. They had more money than they knew what to do with and I needed an apartment."

"I know your childhood wasn't fun, but as an adult you seem to always be at the right place at the right time."

"You're right. I was at the gallery when you came in."

"Damn," Brian said as he pulled off the road a little too quickly into a rest stop.

Justin looked over in surprise, "What is it? Is something wrong with my car?" 

"Hell, no!" Brian stretched out his long arms and pulled Justin over to kiss him. "Do you think we can manage to make love in a rest stop without getting arrested?"

"I think we must try it and find out, don't you?" Justin jumped out and Brian followed him, making sure he locked the door as they jogged toward the back of the rest area.

"You guys looking for some fun?" A sleazy guy appeared from nowhere. "You name it, I got it." He pulled out several small bags with different colored pills. "You have wives? You're lovers, right?"

"Never met him before. You didn't see us pull up?" Brian played along.

"No man! I was back here." The man looked around to make sure no one was coming around the corner.

"I've never been with a guy, but he is too gorgeous for me to turn down. I can't wait to feel a hard cock for the first time," Justin made squirrely eyes at him. "Have you ever?" he asked.

"No, not me man." 

"There's a very nice blue car out front." Justin pulled out 2 $100 bills. "Go around front and watch that car. If it is unharmed when we come back," he ripped both bills in half and handed him the halves in his left hand, "the rest of this is yours." He stuffed the halves in his right hand into his pocket.

"Sure man! You got it." The man moved quickly and disappeared around the corner.

Brian looked at Justin and asked, "Why'd you do that?"

"Did you want him to watch?"

"I knew you were brilliant and now," Brian pointed toward a path that seemed to lead to a little picnic area. Soon, Justin dropped to his knees and pulled out Brian's cock, now hard and throbbing. He wrapped his mouth around him and slowly began to run his tongue around the head. Brian had to lean against the pole of the shelter to stay on his feet. "God, Justin..." he grabbed Justin's head but after a few moments, Brian pulled him up and replaced his cock with his tongue. As they kissed, Brian was opening Justin's fly and then pushed the jeans down as he turned him around. Using the pole Brian had leaned against, Justin braced himself as Brian pressed his way in. After only a couple strokes they both muffled their voices as they climaxed together.

Brian wrapped his arms around Justin and they rested against the structure in front of them.  Once they caught their breath they put their clothes back in place and, hand in hand, walked back to the car. Brian unlocked the car as Justin handed the junkie the other halves of the bills and soon they were moving toward New York City again. They talked until Justin dozed off and the next thing he knew Brian was stroking his cheek.

"Hey, sleeping beauty, I could use some directions soon."

Justin guided Brian through the city and then guided him down an alley and then into an underground garage. Once the car was parked in his designated spot, Brian and Justin walked to the apartment building about a block away.

Brian looked around and draped an arm around Justin's shoulder. "Do you miss living here? I mean Pittsburgh is a city but this is one of a kind."

"I admit I miss some of the art scene, but Pittsburgh has a bigger draw for me." He kissed Brian's cheek and then turned toward an archway. 

"You live off the street?"

"There is just a small courtyard into the building." Justin smiled at an older gentleman standing at the door.

"Mr. Taylor, I was very happy to hear you would be here this weekend. I miss that beautiful face."

"Oh, Charles, I was hoping you would be working today. You have semi-retired, haven't you?"

"Yes, I only work two afternoons a week anymore. Now, you have not introduced me to your handsome friend."

"Charles, I would like you to meet Brian Kinney."

The older man extended his hand to Brian and said, "Welcome, Mr. Kinney.  I can see you have made my young friend very happy."

Brian shook the hand of the frail old man. "It is nice to meet you. I have made it my life's purpose to make Sunshine happy."

"Oh, that name is so fitting. Justin has always brightened my day." Charles opened the door, "I forget my manners. Is there anything I can do for you before I leave my shift?"

"Would you work your magic and get reservations at..." 

"The Spices of Heaven?" Charles finished his thought.

"Yes! For around 8:00?"

"I will call and let you know if I can manage it. I will do my best." 

"You always do!," Justin handed him a $100 bill.

"This isn't necessary. This is my job."

"Take your beautiful husband somewhere nice."

"Oh, my Freddy doesn't get out much anymore but I will order a lovely meal in."

Justin led the way with Brian right behind him. They got on the elevator and Justin pressed 27. Brian asked curiously, "Has Charles been here as long as I suspect?"

"I think he has been here since the building went up. I am glad he is only working a few hours a week now. Freddy was a performer back in the day, working at nightclubs, but he is in a wheelchair most of the time now. Charles was doing his best to pay the rent, working 40 hours a week. The man was 75 and he couldn't keep that up."

"So what are you doing for them?" Brian said as he followed Justin off the elevator and on to a small reception area with two doors. He turned to the right and opened the door. The entire wall ahead of them was windows looking over the city. Brian wasn't sure he had ever seen such a view.

"I don't do much for them. I just set up a small fund for them that helps supplement the cost of the apartment they rent. I took a worthless painting they wanted to sell and told them it was valuable. I put the money in a bank account and it should be enough for them to live out their lives and get buried."

Brian pulled him close, "You really are a great person."

"You would do the same thing if you could. I know you have given many hours to help Cap and Angie with different things. Money isn't everything." He tilted his head backward and Brian lowered his lips. They were just leaning into each other when there was a buzz. "That will be Charles." Justin walked over to a phone on the wall near the door. He said a few words but Brian didn't catch it. He was too busy looking out the window to pay attention. He kept noticing something he recognized. He picked up both suitcases and carried them into what was obviously the main suite. It looked and smelled like Justin.

"You found the bedroom." Just wrapped his arms around Brian's waist. "Charles just told me they had a 7:45 reservation for us. That gives us an hour and a half before we need to get ready to go. There's a hot tub out on the terrace. No suits required."

Before Justin had the sentence out, Brian's shirt landed on the bed. A minute later they were both naked and as Brian opened the door to the terrace he asked, "Is this thing always ready?"

Justin swatted one of Brian's ass cheeks, "No. When I let the manager know I was coming in, they freshened up the place and got it ready."

Together they pulled off the cover and steam rolled out. Brian took in the view. "This is amazing out here. Do you really want to give this up for our loft?" He stepped into the spa and sat down sighing, while Justin followed him in and sat next to him. "I know this sounds stupid but I am going to say it anyway. This place doesn't have you."

"Well, I think we just need to schedule trips every couple months and maybe a longer trip a couple times a year."

"Maybe I will take a job now and then?"

"Justin, you are your own man. I hope you will tell me when you plan it and maybe I can help in some way?"

Justin put his arms around him and kissed his cheek. "I don't want to get you involved. I need someone who can bail me out." Brian reached around and pulled Justin on his lap so they were facing each other,

"Do you want me to get involved here?" Brian's fingers trailed down Justin's back and then in between the valley of his cheeks and began to gently massage the small bud located there.

"Oh, you are always welcome to be involved there." Justin crushed his mouth as Brian found the spot of instant pleasure. He deepened the kiss even further and as their dicks did a tango, Justin cried out and arched as Brian moved his hands up his back for support.

Justin rested his forehead against Brian's. "I don't know if I could ever live without you. I know I don't want to." 

Brian pulled him closer and softly said, "I love you." The kiss that followed was soft and as their tongues began to explore they savored the taste and texture, and as the kiss deepened in passion, their need became intense. "I need to be inside you."

"Oh, yes please." Justin turned around and rested his body over the side of the tub and Brian positioned himself before entering him slowly. He took his time with slow deliberate movements.  Justin's motion matched Brian's and as Justin straightened up, Brian's arms came around his chest and as Justin turned his head for a kiss, their lips met, and the climax ran through them.  Physically, their sex was always great, but today, their hearts and souls soared above the city of New York.

 

Justin's arm was linked in Brian's as they strolled the short distance to the restaurant. Justin made a point to say hi to the man at the bodega on the corner and shared a few words before moving on. "One of my contacts owns this place." He pointed at a small antique shop they were walking past.

"Contact?"

"He would hear lots of stories about treasures. He has a sixth sense when it comes to art and jewelry. He heard stories about a few items that I investigated and some of them were nothing I was interested in, but there were a couple that I liberated."

"That's a polite way to say it. You weren't worried that he would turn you in?"

"No. I helped him with a few things. Once in a while he was in possession of an item he couldn't sell in the standard way so I helped connect him with a..."

"A fence?" Brian put his arm around Justin's waist and pulled him close. "Who knew I would ever be talking about a fence."

Justin looked up and smiled at him, kissing his chin. "Here we are."

 

Justin wasn't wrong. The food was great. It was obvious that Justin had spent a lot of evenings there and spoke to many of the employees as if they were old friends. As they strolled back to the apartment, Brian asked, "So what do we have planned tomorrow?"

"I hope you are up to a couple art galleries, and from 5:00 on, I have a surprise."

"That sounds intriguing. Got a hint for me?" he asked.

"It includes dinner, but that is all I am going to say."

Brian asked a couple more questions but finally Justin stopped and turned to Brian and kissed him. "Enough. Were you this bad as a kid at Christmas?"

Brian didn't say anything and they neared the arch to the apartment. "Christmas meant new socks and underwear. There was usually a small toy, but there was a lot of drinking. There was arguing about the money spent on the gifts. In the end I was just thankful when it ended at the yelling, but some years I said the wrong thing."

Justin stopped walking and wrapped his arms around Brian, holding him tightly against him. "I'm sorry," he whispered. "I should have thought before I spoke."

"You didn't do anything wrong. That hasn't bothered me in years. I guess I didn't know what I was missing until I had it. I am sure you have had a few years..."

"While my parents were together, Christmas was good. Dad drank too much, but that happened all the time. Luckily after the divorce, I got to spend Christmas with Mom and Molly." 

They were silent as they entered the building and took the elevator up to floor 27. "Let's have a nightcap out on the terrace," Justin said, running a finger along Brian's jawline. 

Brian caught his hand and kissed the palm. "You didn't do anything wrong, Sunshine. I only have positive Christmases to look forward to. And I did have plenty of them with Cap and Ang," he said as Justin walked over with two bourbons. He took one of them from him and they walked out to the terrace. They sat on a small outdoor sofa, Brian draping one arm over Justin's shoulder as he took a sip. "Ooo, how much did this bottle cost? I don't know if I have ever had anything so smooth."

"You could afford this. It is just not a common brand, it happens to be my favorite." Justin rested his head on Brian's shoulder. "By the way, when we leave at 5:00 tomorrow you need to be in the suit I brought for you."

"You brought a suit for me?"

"Well, it really is more like a sports coat. It isn't too fancy but it does require a jacket."

This time Brian didn't ask more questions. What time are we leaving for the galleries?"

"Is 10:00 alright? There are bagels and cream cheese for breakfast and I thought we could hit a deli for lunch."

"You are in charge." He set his glass down on the table next to him and put his other arm around Justin, too. He looked at the sky, "You can almost see stars up here. There aren't many places in the city where you are really able to see them."

"That's my favorite part of this place, or it was until you came with me."

"I made the stars less stunning?"

"Brian Kinney, nothing is as stunning as you." Justin kissed him and stood. "Are you ready for bed?"

Brian didn't respond, but he stood and together they moved inside.

 

The next morning they took their time getting ready and then spent several hours in Justin's world. He did a little business while they were out and about. Justin checked on a couple places that sold some of his work, stopped at a small museum, and then they shared a large pastrami on rye and an order of fries. It was still almost too much for the two of them to eat. After going to one more large, well known gallery, they went back to get ready for the evening. 

"Want to share a shower?" Justin asked, standing naked at the door to the bathroom.

"Do we have time to share a long shower?"

"There is always time for a long shower." Justin turned and shook his ass before moving into the large shower stall. 

"Keep the water cool, I think we will create our own heat."

 

Justin had a town car waiting for them when they left the apartment at 5:05. They both had taken a little more time with their grooming and looked extremely handsome together. The driver of the car, a woman of about twenty-five, couldn't take her eyes off them. As they entered the backseat she said, "It is obvious you two are in love, but I hope you don't mind me looking at the beauty you two create together." She shut the door before they could respond and began their journey with them.

"Since we are now on our way I'll fill you in on what we are doing this evening. We are going on a dinner cruise. The food is excellent and the band is one of the best I have heard. I hope you are ready to dance until midnight."

"The idea of a good meal and having you in my arms sounds great, but are you sure about the band? You know my tolerance for bad music is pretty low."

"If it is too bad, we could swim back to the peer."

"Haha," Brian leaned over and kissed him.

"I think I forgot to mention that it is a sunset cruise. It will be beautiful, and later we should be able to see the stars. Oh, and I promise, every ship I have been on, has plenty of little hideaways to do something else."

"So how many of these cruises have you been on? Or maybe I should ask who you've been on the cruises with."

"I'm not going to answer that. You and I both have a past and it is just that, the past." 

"I know you're right. I just hate to think of you with anyone else."

"I didn't love them, Brian." Justin kissed him and added, "If it makes you feel better, I have never been on this boat." 

When the driver opened the door, Brian got out followed by Justin. Each man kissed her cheek as they got out and then Justin said, "We will see you at midnight."

As they walked down the dock, Brian looked around and said, "I see an absence of females."

"Oh, I forgot to mention, it's a men's only cruise."

"The way any happy event should be."

It was a calm night. The sway of the boat was minimal as the sun sank behind the skyline of the city. Brian's hands rested on the rail overtop of Justin's, while Brian's chin rested on Justin's shoulder. Justin rested back against him and he could feel Brian's pulse just from his touch. 

As the sun disappeared, along with the last of its light, music softly began calling all the men from the deck into the dining room. The evening was as magical as Justin had hoped. The food was excellent and the band was as good as Justin had remembered.

Brian and Justin had been on the floor for several songs and when the band took a break, they left the dance floor and made their way to the stern of the ship. "We could do our version of the Titanic," Justin said laughing.

"You weren't lying about the band. They are very good at what they do, not that I doubted you."

"Well, you may have doubted me a little." Justin turned from the railing and into Brian's arms. "I'm glad you enjoyed the evening." 

"Sunshine, I got to spend the evening on a beautiful boat, had a great meal, and got to hold my favorite person in my arms for hours on the dance floor. You do know how to plan the best evenings."

"I think we should go dance to the last set of the night. I didn't make any plans for tomorrow.  Sorry, no planning there." They walked back out on the dance floor.

"I just want to see what a normal Saturday was like when you lived here."

"That sounds perfect." 

Brian moved Justin onto the floor and they danced until the band stopped and the boat docked. 

It was after 2:00 when they fell into bed. They were both too tired to do anything but spoon together. "Good night, Sunshine. I love you."

"I love you, too," he said and he drifted off to sleep.

 

On Saturday, they didn't leave the apartment. They had their meals sent in and they never got out of their robes. By Sunday, when it was time to go back to Pittsburgh, they were both anxious to get back to the loft and the place they now called home.