- Text Size +

 

The next morning it was time to start packing up. The kids said they wished they could stay longer but they had mentioned missing their beds, and Aaron missed KC and JC. Emma assured him they had been well cared for. Joshua had been in touch with the ranch hands that were watching the house daily while they were away and had been assured everything was running as normal. 

By midmorning the remaining supplies had been brought back to the vehicle and then the horses and riders started their trip back to the ranch. This time Emma was on horseback and Joshua drove Brian and Terry back.  

Emma took a more direct path since the bison were further down the meadow. They stayed close together and moved at a constant pace, not drawing attention to themselves. As they neared the edge of the woods they were surprised by a lone bull. He was several yards away but flared his nostrils and shook his massive head. 

"Stay close and as quiet as possible. We are fine as long as we don't make him feel threatened. The adults followed in a line between the kids and the giant, protecting them and the ponies they were on. Just as Dusty, the last of them, entered the tree line, the massive beast ran across the grass toward the rest of the herd.

All the riders instinctively stopped and took a deep breath. Then Elian softly said, "Wow!"

"Wow, indeed, El." Emma said. "I hope you all remember this moment. Even people that live here all their lives rarely get an experience like that."

"That was stunning," Justin said, "Tomorrow, Griff, we need to talk. I have..."

"Ideas! I have so many ideas!" Griff said, interrupting him.

 

By the time they arrived at the house, everyone was ready to get off the steeds and take a bath. "I think all of us could use a dip in the hot tub. It will make all of us relax," Justin said as they walked out of the barn where the horses and ponies were now comfortable in their stalls with food and fresh hay.

"I think El and I will go to our place. Terry texted that he has plans for us this evening." Griff ruffled Elian's hair, so El took his hand as they walked toward their place, El resting his head on Griff's arm.

The three Taylor-Kinney children put on swimsuits, along with Brian and Justin, and they got in the hot tub. They were all talking at once telling Brian about the bison, but then one by one everyone started getting quiet. Jessi moved onto Brian's lap and was nearly asleep. As hard as the boys tried, they both couldn't stop yawning.

Justin stood and lifted Jessi out of Brian's arms. "Come on, sweetheart. Let's put you in a quick shower and wash your hair. I think it's a ‘pajamas before dinner' night. Then an early dinner and bed."

No one argued as Brian made sure Justin could step out safely with Jessi in his arms. "I told Emma we would take care of dinner so I am thinking of pizza?" 

"That'll be good," Gus said.

"I like pizza," Jessi said softly as she settled against Justin. Brian got out of the tub and wrapped  towels around the two and then, as they walked into the house, Brian got towels for the other two boys.  

 

An hour later all had been in and out of the shower, making sure the trail was rinsed off of each of them, and they were in night clothes and slippers. Brian had insisted on taking care of dinner with the boys and Justin spent time with Jessi, braiding her hair. 

When dinner was ready, they sat at one end of the large table and as they ate, each took turns and talked about their favorite part of the camping trip. They completed the evening watching an old cartoon in the media room. Before 9:00 the kids were all asleep in their beds and Brian and Justin stood under the steaming shower spray. They each had a bar of soap and spent time, between kisses, running bars of soap up and down each other's skin as it warmed from the water and the contact.

As Brian bent to wash his legs, his mouth brushed Justin's dick. He moved back and this time licked the underside of the phallus, sending a shiver through his entire body. "Damn, Brian, we're done in here aren't we?"

"It's been a while since we had sex in the shower. Do you think we can still manage?" Brian spun Justin around, and Justin eagerly supported himself against the glass. Brian pressed his body against Justin's and then entered him with a slow, steady pressure. 

"Ohhh," Justin said, causing Brian to stop.

"Did I do something? Are you hurt? Do you want me to stop?"

"No, it always hurts a little bit, but that's part of it."

Brian started moving again. "Using my own words on me, are you?"

"I didn't know if you would remember that."

Brian pressed his lips against Justin's ear and said, "I do. I know I have blind spots from that night, but I remember that." Brian kept moving and talking, "At first I was thinking I had never had such a sweet piece of ass, but as we fucked, I knew you were different. I don't think I knew we were headed to all this, but I knew you'd be around for a while." Brian had to stop talking as his body took over and together they came with a cry from both of them.

As they moved back under the water to rinse off after their lovemaking, Justin said, "I really like that we have this wing of the house to ourselves. No one hears us here."

They got out of the shower, and as they dried off, both men again became aroused. Brian looked over "Does that mean you are ready for round two?" Brian asked as he kissed Justin.

"As much as  I like the idea, remember I was on a horse for a few hours today. I think this ass is done for the day."

As they walked to the bedroom and got into bed, Brian asked, "How about your dick? Is that tired, too?" 

"Well, no. That seems to come to attention anytime I'm near you."

Brian smiled and said, "Be gentle, Sunshine. It has been a long time." He turned and offered Justin his back.

"I've always been gentle with you... unless you need a kick in the ass."

Brian started to laugh but then Justin pressed into him and the laugh turned more into a groan as the discomfort hit him. The pain was soon forgotten.

 

Later, as they lay next to each other, Justin asked, "So are you going camping again?"

"That was definitely not glamping, but for a couple nights it wasn't bad, and watching the kids... at first I wondered if it was too much for Gus, but I think it was actually good for him.  We were all there for him, and Terry, of course, listened to him."

"They are growing up way too fast. I think moving here was what we needed to do. There is so much for them to learn here. They are learning about nature and culture. I know Aaron has the cats, but they are all taking responsibility now."

Brian pulled Justin closer. "I wouldn't change a thing, especially having you in my arms. Now, let's get some sleep. We both know the day starts early here on the ranch."

 

The rest of the summer went quickly. The pool they had talked about was installed. It could be used year round, so the kids were all excited to try it when snowed. Willow had asked if there would be work for her once school started. She had decided to try to save money by taking online classes this year and Emma said she would be glad for the help. She liked Willow and she liked how Dusty felt when she was around. 

Terry had started flying to different clinics on a regular basis. He had six different locations that he went to every other week. He wanted to keep his schedule to three days a week, but was available for certain emergencies. That gave him time to work with Brian and to be able to help take Elian and the others to school.

The Friday before school started all four fathers and four kids drove into town to the school. It was a tight fit but they all piled into the largest SUV on the property. The school counselor was waiting for them. He was young and handsome. "Hello and welcome! I am Mr. Luke, the school counselor." The four men and four children all introduced themselves. "I was thinking we could start with Gus' classroom and meet his teacher and then we will visit the other classroom."

Luke started moving forward and Jessi rushed up and took his hand. "Mr. Luke?"

"Yes, Jessi?"

"I hope l like it here. I like school, but last year my best friend, Milly, was in my class. Now I don't know anyone."

"Well, Jessi, I think you will have some friends very soon. You don't appear to have trouble making friends."

"Are there other kids that look like me and Elian?"

"Jessi, we aren't a very big school but we have children of all shapes, sizes, colors, but you know what is wonderful here?"

"What?"

"We celebrate all the differences. We have children from all over the world that go to school here. That means we have all skin colors and hair colors."

"I like that, Mr. Luke!" Jessi said, smiling up at him as they entered the middle school.

"Gus this will be your homeroom," Luke said as they all entered a bright, clean room. After the family was introduced and there was a little conversation, Gus stayed with his teacher, along with Brian, while the remainder of the group followed the counselor out of the middle school and into the elementary school after reminding the teacher to bring Gus and Brian to the meeting point in about a half hour.

As they neared the next classroom, Elian reached for both of his dads' hands. "Excuse me, Mr. Luke? Are Aaron and I in the same class?" he asked.

"Do you want to be in the same class?" Luke dropped down a knee so he could look the boy in the eye.

"I would, please."

"Well, then you are in luck. If your fathers don't mind, you can be in the same class."

The three nodded. Luke and Terry had actually already discussed it and it had been determined that El might need a little emotional support and Aaron would fill that spot. Terry had also offered to help at the school if the school had any students that could use a little more help then Luke had time to offer. 

Jessi slipped out of the room while Justin was talking to Aaron's teacher and wandered down the hall. She heard some music coming from an open door down the hall and she peeked in and saw a man drawing a mural on a bulletin board. She moved a little closer and then lost herself in the picture. Before the man realized it, Jessi was right next to him. "Where does that road lead?" She traced a line that had been drawn.

"It can take you anywhere you want it to take you," He smiled down at her and continued, "Your name wouldn't be Jessica Taylor-Kinney would it?"

Jessi took a step back and looked up at him, "Are you psychic or something?"

The young man had to grin, "My name is Mr. Matt, and I will be your teacher this year."

"I like your drawing. My daddy is an artist and so is Griffy."

 

Back down the hall, Justin noticed Jessi wasn't in the room anymore. "Aaron, stay here, I need to round up your sister." He looked at the teacher and Luke, "Sorry, she should have..."

"I am sure she just wanted to explore," Luke smiled back. "She is a firecracker in all the best ways."

"That she is," Justin said as he left the room and moved down the hall.

 

"I have seen some of your father's work. He is very talented. And you mentioned Griffy. Would that be Griffin Hart?"

"Ya, they are both... oops, I didn't tell Daddy I was leaving. Both Griffy and Daddy are down the hall."

"Actually, Daddy is right here," Justin walked up to Jessi and her new friend, kissing the top of her head and offering his hand. "I hope she isn't bothering you."

"Daddy, this is Mr. Matt. He is going to be my teacher."

"It is a real pleasure to meet you." Matt was almost speechless. Justin Taylor was one of his favorite artists. "Your work is amazing. Griffin Hart's sculptures also really intrigue me."

"Daddy, Mr. Matt's an artist, too. See?" She pointed at the bulletin board.

"You're very talented." Justin said, just as Luke and the rest of the group entered. 

Luke walked over to Matt and slipped his arm around his waist, kissing him lightly. "Luke!" Matt said, stiffening. "That isn't professional."

"Matt, I don't believe these men are going to care."

As Luke was talking to Matt, Brian and Gus arrived. "Are you two married?" Jessi asked.

"No, but we are boyfriends." Luke said to her.

"Mr. Matt, we see lots of men kissing at our houses," Aaron said very matter-of-factly.

The group talked for a few more minutes before Terry said, "I hate to say this, but I need to take a phone call soon."

"Ya, we should get going and let you guys get back to work."

Jessi tugged on Brian's sleeve and whispered something. Brian nodded before she said, "Would you like to come to our ranch sometime?"

Matt's face lit up, "We'd love that. I would love to see how you have your studios set up... unless you don't show them to anyone."

Justin smiled, "Griff and I share a studio and there may be a project or two I would cover, but you are welcome. If you are free, why don't you come up tomorrow afternoon. Bring your swim trunks if you like to swim. Or if you would rather ride horses, we have those. You can have dinner with us. We are planning to grill beefalo."

"Not Gus, though," Jessi added, having both Matt and Luke look a little horrified.

"My sister forgot to mention that we have a bison at the ranch that was named Gus long before we moved there. We try to call him Big Gus but forget sometimes. "

"I think that sounds like a great way to end our summer," Luke said.  

"Why don't you bring an overnight bag with you," Brian said. "If you want to go home, fine, but in case we drink a little bit too much, you shouldn't drive home. It can be tricky in the dark, even if you're stone cold sober."

Before they left, Justin had made sure Matt had his phone number, and they planned on seeing each other around 2:00 the following afternoon.

 

Jessi couldn't stop talking about Mr. Matt all morning Saturday as she helped Emma make a dessert. Joshua and Emma were going to be gone overnight and so Justin was also in the kitchen making sides. "Emma, are you sure you want to make the dessert?" Justin asked.

Jessi answered instead of Emma, "Daddy, I am making the dessert for Mr. Matt and Mr. Luke."

"We are making cookies and homemade ice cream," Emma said before Jessi jumped in.

"Homemade ice cream sandwiches!"

"That does sound good," Justin smiled at both of them. He was so glad Emma was such a good grandma substitute. He would worry if she wasn't there. Jessi had great examples, but every little girl needs some women around, too. Willow was also great with her so they had it all covered.

"Daddy, do you think Mr. Matt will like ice cream sandwiches? We have chocolate and vanilla and we are going to have stuff to put on the sides. We have sprinkles and nuts and chocolate chips."

"Jessi dear, can you go into the pantry and find the peanuts?"

"Sure, Emma. I know where they are."

Once she was out of earshot, Emma looked at Justin and said, "I think she has a wee crush on her teacher." 

Justin smiled at her and patted her shoulder, "You noticed? I don't think it will be an issue, but we are aware."

"I knew you were. You two don't miss anything when it comes to your children." Emma patted his cheek. "I'm pulling out the last batch of cookies. The ice cream is in the freezer so it will be ready to be dipped."

"Emma, we got this. Go and let your husband give you a special night away, and don't rush home. I can handle feeding my family for a day. I kind of miss doing it."

Brian walked up behind Justin and kissed the spot right below his ear, "You have taken great care of me many times."

"That's my cue to leave," Emma laughed. Jessi walked up and put the peanuts down on the counter, "You take care of your dads while I'm gone, Ok?"

"I will Emma. I'll take care of all the guys." She hugged Emma's waist and Emma hugged her, too. "I love you, Emma."

"I love you, too, Wee One." After a kiss on her forehead and a wave toward Brian and Justin, Emma disappeared into their private apartment. 

"I can walk, Dusky. I'm not hurt that bad," Gus' voice reached his dads' ears before they saw him.

"What happened?" Brian rushed toward the screen door to let them in. He immediately took Gus out of Dusty's arms.

"Dad, I'm fine." Gus tried to sound confident and then added, "I think." Brian set him down on the counter so he could look his son in the eyes. 

"I'll go get Terry," Dusty said, and before anyone responded, he was gone.

By now Brian and Justin had looked Gus over and saw no sign of injury. "Gus, what happened?" Justin asked, putting a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"I was just getting off Catori and my foot got caught in the stirrup. My knee got twisted and it really hurts but I don't think it is really hurt."

They all turned toward the door as they heard rapid footfalls and Terry came through the door. "I hear we had a little mishap."

By now Jessi was standing next to her big brother, holding his hand. "Gussy hurt his bad knee."

Terry smiled at Jessi, "That's what Dusty told me." Terry turned to Brian and Justin. "Can you give Gus and me a little space? Big Gus has made his way to the closest point and Aaron and Elly are watching him with Griff." They had started calling the bison/cow cross Big Gus to stop confusion.

Justin looked at Brian, "Why don't you take Jessi down to see Big Gus. I am sure our Gus is fine and I need to keep working in the kitchen for dinner."

Terry knew that was Justin's way of letting him know he wasn't leaving Gus' side. Terry nodded at Brian, and Brian knelt down, "Climb up, Jess. We are going to go see Big Gus."

"I'll text you," Justin said as they walked out the door. "Gus, I'll be working on dinner if you need me." He kissed Gus' temple before walking to another counter to chop vegetables.

Terry pulled up one of the stools so he was sitting right in front of Gus. "Gus, do you mind if we slip your jeans off? I don't want to cut them off when I don't think it is necessary and your dad and I have seen a boy in his briefs before."

As Terry helped him slip them down, as Gus lifted one cheek and then the other off the counter, Gus mumbled, "I don't know about boys, but I'm sure you've seen your share of men in and out of their briefs."

"Gus!" Justin responded from across the room.

Terry shook his head slightly at Justin and turned his full attention to Gus. He looked at Gus' leg and could see it was swelling already. "Let me know when it hurts." Terry moved his leg slowly, looking at Gus' reaction more than the knee. He could see the boy was definitely in pain, but it was moving correctly and he couldn't feel anything he shouldn't. "Justin, could you get us some ice and maybe a pair of shorts for your son. I don't think it is anything serious. No horseback riding for a couple days. I'll wrap it for you and you can put some ice on it now, once the pool party starts, the pool will be good for you. We will just make sure we wrap it for a couple days. If you want to use your crutches you can, but as long as you take it easy, you don't need them." 

Justin had left once he heard it wasn't serious, and now arrived with shorts, a first aid kit, and an ice pack. Terry used tape and an athletic wrap to support Gus' knee before helping him stand on the floor. Justin helped slip the shorts over Gus' feet and then, Gus reached down and pulled them up with Justin helping him balance. 

"Ok, Gus, try putting a little weight on your knee." Gus followed Terry's direction and cringed as he put pressure on his leg. "Do you think you can walk over to the chair?' Terry pointed to a lounge chair on the other side of the kitchen. 

"Ya, how long do I have to sit here?"

"Keep the ice on it for 20 minutes. Then just be careful. Don't try anything stressful."

"I can swim this afternoon?"

"Yes, that will be perfect therapy for you. You will just need to be careful moving between the pool and the hot tub."

"Okay. Thanks, Terry."

"No problem, Gus. This shows me that your knee really has healed well. You sprained your knee just like I would or Justin would. It was just bad luck." Terry made sure the ice was distributed well and patted his shoulder before moving away.

"Thanks, Terry," Justin said to his friend. "I let Brian know all was well."

 

"So Gus is alright?" Jessi asked Brian again. 

"He will be in the pool with us this afternoon. It never stops to amaze me how huge Big Gus really is." The beast was only a few feet from the fence.

"I wish I could pet him but he will never come close enough." Aaron, always the animal lover, looked longingly at the massive animal.

Elian said, "Not me! He scares me. I know I am safe here but I would never be brave enough to touch him, even through the fence." He moved a little closer to Griff, and Griff rested his hand on his shoulder.

As if the information had just soaked in, Aaron asked Brian, "So Gus is okay?"

"Yes, it was just a twisted knee. Terry said in a couple days he would be just fine. He has ice on it and this afternoon he will be able to swim."

"I'm glad. Gus has had so much going on this summer." 

"Yes, he has, Aaron, and he is lucky to have a brother like you who cares about him." He saw Jessi standing with her hands on her hips, "Of course he is lucky to have a sister and a friend that care about him, too." Brian looked at both Jessi and Elian.

"When will our company be here?" Elian asked.

"I was just going to ask that." Jessi said.

"In about an hour, I think. Why don't we all go to the house and grab a sandwich and then we can get ready for the pool." Griff thought a minute and said, "But remember, I think Matt and Luke want to see the studio first and we will probably give them a little tour of the ranch."

 

Matt and Luke couldn't believe they were heading to Spirit Pass. Everyone in a 50 mile radius had heard about the place, and about Joshua the caretaker. He had come to the school to speak a few times. "Luke, I can't believe they invited us over. I had heard they don't allow people up here since Gus, especially after Gus, had been kidnapped."

"Well, they were very inviting to us."

"I think it is your talent that got us invited." Luke reached over and touched Matt's hand on the steering wheel.

"If it had anything to do with me it is that Jessi seems to like me. I have a feeling she will keep me on my toes, but in the best way."

"Those children are all very bright. Gus had private tutors when he was young. They have traveled and been raised by open minded, intelligent parents."

"And, damn, have you ever seen two more beautiful couples." Matt winked at Luke.

"They are definitely gorgeous and RICH! I wonder if they have always been rich."

Matt thought for a moment. "I know Griffin Hart wasn't, and if I remember right, Justin's parents were upper middle class."

"Oh, that's right. I remember he was nearly killed and then kidnapped by his father." The gates of Spirit Pass appeared and Matt punched in the code they were given. The gates opened slowly and Matt drove through. Twice on the driveway they saw signs that directed them which road to follow. Once they got through the woods, the sprawling ranch appeared. 

There was no doubt which building was the main house. It was large and spread out. It had a second story over part of it. Set back a little distance away there was a second house and then several buildings including a stable, a barn, and what looked like an old bunk house.  

"If it wasn't for the vehicles it could be a hundred years ago." Matt looked over at a large fenced in field. "I don't think they had areas like that a hundred years ago. I wonder what kind of animal needs an eight foot fence. Why does Jurassic Park come to mind?" Luke was laughing as they pulled up to the house.

The front door opened and Jessi came rushing out with Aaron and Elian closely behind. "You're here! You're here, Mr. Matt." She ran up to him and then remembered Matt wasn't alone and said, "Hi, Mr. Luke."

They chatted with the kids all the way into the house where Brian and Justin were waiting. "Glad you found your way." Justin gave each man a quick hug and Brian shook hands with both of them. Justin continued, "The kids are going to head to the pool with Willow and Dusty while we show you around with Terry and Griff."

Gus came from the direction of the guest room. Luke moved toward him, "Gus, what happened to you?"

"I sprained my knee. My foot got caught in my stirrup, but Terry wrapped it and now he says playing in the pool will help loosen it up. Are you coming swimming?"

"We are going to show them the studio and then we will come to the pool," Brian answered.

Willow came into the foyer, and after a quick introduction, she took the kids out the back door to the pool area and Brian and Justin took Luke and Matt through the kitchen and out the side door.

"I have a question," Luke spoke. "What is behind the huge fence?"

"That's Big Gus' pen," Brian said. "Before you leave tomorrow we can introduce you. He spends most of his time in that pen with a couple of old cows that are his friends, and during breeding season, let's just say he has a new woman every night, sometimes two a night. If you'd like, we can show you the horses then, too, if you'd like to see them." 

"This is a city boy's dream of country life," Matt said as they entered the art studio. "Now this isn't something you expect to see on a ranch," his tone took on awe. He didn't know where to look first. The building looked like an old barn that had been updated with more windows for natural light and had three different levels. Somehow every level had sun and shadow.

Justin walked up to Matt and said, "We are going to start a very large project soon and there are times we might need an extra set of hands. I know you have an art background but I also know you are a full time teacher and how much work that is. Would you be interested in helping us out on a weekend now and then?"

"Are you kidding? I would love that! What kind of project is it?"

"It is a commissioned project that will go to the state history museum. We would pay you for your time worked and you would be listed as a collaborator." Griff added.

"That sounds amazing," Luke walked up to Matt and hugged him. "Oh Honey, this is so perfect for you."

"Well, now that we got that settled, I think it is time to go swimming!" Terry added to the conversation. The kids have been waiting for this all afternoon. Everyone's coming, right?"

Justin started moving toward the door, "I'm game. I can use some relaxation and then we can all help get dinner ready." He looked at Luke and Matt, "I didn't mean you, however if you want to help, you're welcome." 

Griff was at the end of the group and made sure the door was locked before he and Terry stopped at home for the trunks, and Brian and Justin directed Matt and Luke to the guest room where they could change into their suits. All of them planned to meet at the pool in a few minutes.  

As Brian and Justin changed in their room, Brian said, "I know what you are planning for that commission. I was wondering how the two of you were going to make something that large."

"Now we can work on our own projects and on the weekend we will be able to make progress assembling the individual panels."

Brian pulled him close and kissed him, "Are you going to tell me what you have planned for this mural?"

"In due time. The sketches should be done in a week or two. I will show them to you then." As they kissed again, laughter came drifting in through the patio doors. "But right now, it sounds like we are missing out on our own end of the summer party! Last one in bottoms!" And with that Justin was out the door with Brian right on his heels.