- Text Size +

 

 

After spending the past six hours at the gallery, schmoozing with people, Justin was ready to go home. Justin had tried escaping the madness for hours, but he was kept there to meet everyone who had come for his paintings.

His friends had dropped by, but no one lingered for more than an hour before they went back to their lives.

After long debates, Justin and Brian had agreed for Brian to stay home with Nick, once he picked him up from school.

Despite Justin's initial complaints about this show being a fluke since the gallery owner chose to host it on a Wednesday, smack in the middle of the week, a lot of people had gathered to admire his paintings, and even buy some.

On his way home, he stopped at a seven-eleven. It was almost closing time, and Justin shot the boy at the cash register a smile, hurrying toward the area with sandwiches. He was famished, and thirsty as fuck.

All the sandwiches looked like they had been through a war, so he made his way to the snacks aisle. He heard someone coming from behind him, and he walked faster toward the last two Snickers bars.

Somehow, he and the person behind reached out for the chocolate at the same time.

Justin gripped the bars tightly, ready to tell the other man, he should try other sweets. But when he turned to face his Snickers thief, he froze, stumbling back.

“Fuck, Hobbs.”

“Justin,” he gasped. “I was ready to fight you for these.”

“Fuck.” Justin clutched at his heart. “I didn’t expect to see a familiar face. This is my food for today.”

“And your sister told me not to return without Snickers. Got room to host me for the night and explain why I left her all alone with a baby?”

Justin rolled his eyes, pushing the chocolate toward Hobbs’s chest. “Take them. I hope you aren’t after Pepsi, too.”

“Nah, all yours.”

“Guys, I’m closing in two minutes,” the clerk called loudly. “You better have cash.”

“Awesome,” Justin muttered, staring at his can of Pepsi sorrowfully.

“I’ve got cash. Come on, before he locks us in here,” Hobbs said, walking to the front of the store.

“Thanks,” Justin said under his breath, placing his soda on the counter.

The clerk moaned, when Hobbs handed him a twenty. “I don’t have change. I closed the cash register. Do you want a condom?”

“What happened to giving candy instead of change?” Justin asked, laughing.

“No. Keep the change,” Hobbs said, snatching his purchases.

Justin took his Pepsi, and went after him. “This is the price you pay for shopping on Liberty Avenue at this time of night,” he said, amused.

“This was the closest store open at this time of night,” Hobbs retorted.

“How’s Molly? I kept promising to visit, but I was busy with my show and don’t get me started on the wedding preparations.”

“Oh, it was tonight. Molly said we should come by, but then she fell asleep after feeding Oliver.”

“Of course. Tell her, it’s fine. I remember how it is to have a newborn.” Justin opened his can of Pepsi, spraying himself in half of the contents. “This is not my day.”

“Uh, thanks for the Snickers. I’ll tell Molly what a generous big brother she has.”

“Better tell her, she owes me some Snickers.” Justin fished the keys for the Corvette from his pocket. “Bye!”

He got in the car, exhaling loudly. He hated how shaken he was after the ran-in with Hobbs. Maybe Brian had been right about accepting him in their lives would inevitably bring bad memories, but Justin was selfless. He wanted his sister to be happy, and it wasn’t like he saw much of her husband.

As Justin started driving, he noticed Hobbs was walking alongside the car, and he honked. Justin tried not to laugh at how Hobbs winced, checking the car on idle beside him.

“Can I give you a lift?”

After a moment’s hesitance, Hobbs got in the car. “I didn’t mind walking.”

A drag queen leaned over Justin's open window, making him jump, startled. “You can do so much better, sweetie.”

“Thanks for the advice,” he snorted. “Now, back off. I’d hate to hurt you.” He revved the engine, and the drag queen stepped back.

“This is a good reminder not to come on Liberty Avenue at night.” Hobbs shook his head.

“It’s not usually so bad. I don’t know what the fuck happened today.” Justin crawled through the crowd, honking loudly.

“Maybe it’s because they legalized gay marriages.”

Justin stopped the car in time to not run into a couple holding tiny pride flags and kissing. He turned to stare in shock at Hobbs.

“I take it, you didn’t know.”

“Well…no one told me. But it makes sense why Emmett was so much more excited about our nuptials.” Justin leaned out his window. “Guuuyysss, I have to pass, sorry.” He told the couple, now getting comfortable on the hood of his car.

It took a while to get off Liberty Avenue and turn several streets until he reached the house where Hobbs and his sister lived.

“Thanks for the lift.”

“Say ‘hi’ to Molly for me.”

Justin drove home, mulling over the news he just got. He parked behind the Jeep, and stepped inside the house carefully.

It had taken several accidents for both him and Brian to learn to take small steps if they arrived home after dark. They risked cracking their heads if they stumbled over the dog, these days.

Justin was surprised to find Brian in the kitchen. He was at his laptop, typing furiously, with the present he got shortly after his forty-sixth birthday on his nose. Brian detested the glasses, and Justin had run out of words to tell him how hot he was with them.

“Hey, honey! I’m home,” Justin said, grinning.

Brian glanced his eyes, his brows furrowing in the middle of his forehead. “Hey.” He returned his attention to his laptop.

Justin tugged at his tie, taking his suit jacket off, as he walked to Brian. “Everything okay?”

“Yes.” Brian closed the lid of his laptop and placed his reading glasses on top of it, before turning to face Justin and hug him.

“So, did you hear?” Justin run his fingers through Brian's hair, smiling down at him.

“I tried telling you earlier, but you dismissed me, telling me to have fun with Nick.”

“I’m sorry. I lived in a bubble the whole day with my show. Emmett dropped by and he was excited about us being his first real wedding. I didn’t understand what he meant, and I didn’t have the time to stay and ask.”

“So, how was the show?” Brian palmed Justin's ass, squeezing his cheeks.

“Draining. And I’m famished. I’ve learned my lesson and stayed away from the peanuts, and I didn’t like their finger food. Not like I had the time to sample it. Guess who I ran into at the seven-eleven off Liberty? I was there to grab Snickers and Pepsi.”

“The essentials,” Brian commented, rolling his eyes. He moved to unbuckle Justin's pants. “Who did you run into?”

“Hobbs. Molly had sent him after Snickers.”

“If anyone had any doubt you two were related…”

“Shut up. I had taken the last two bars. Before we figured out we knew each other, we were both ready to fight over the sweets.” Justin laughed, shaking his head. “Anyway, after the clerk offered us a condom because he didn’t have any change, I gave Hobbs a lift home. It took me about thirty minutes to make that ten minutes’ drive. The whole street was swarming with happy couples.”

“Oh, I guess everyone would be in the streets celebrating.”

“We could celebrate between the sheets,” Justin said cheekily, leaning to kiss Brian.

Brian pushed Justin's pants down, touching his hard dick through the cloth of his boxer briefs. Before Justin could voice his concerns about Nick discovering them in that compromising position, Brian had his boxers around his ankles, and took him in his mouth.

Justin arched his back, wrapping his fingers into Brian's hair. “Fuck me.”

“Someone’s eager,” Brian said, after pulling back. “I’m not done with teasing you.” He started licking at the length of Justin's dick.

“Brian,” he groaned, gripping Brian's shoulder with one hand. “Please.”

Brian pushed his sweatpants down his legs, waving at his lap.

Justin grabbed the lube from the drawer to his right, then straddled Brian's legs. “Hey, Stud.”

Brian rolled his eyes, uncapping the tube of lube. Justin gasped, lifting up when Brian's fingers touched his hole.

“Cold,” Justin gasped. “Sorry.” He sat back on Brian's legs, gingerly.

“Don’t worry, Little Boy. It will heat up.”

“Whatever happened to warming the lube?” Justin grunted into Brian's neck, accepting the two fingers pushed up his ass.

“I’m eager to celebrate, Lover Boy.”

“What’s with the nicknames?”

“What’s with all the questions?” Brian laughed, guiding his dick into Justin.

Justin braced on Brian's shoulders, as he started bouncing on his lap. Brian caught his lips in a deep kiss to muffle his cries of pleasure. When Brian was sure Justin had his sounds under control, he moved to kiss his chest and shoulders, holding onto his ass tightly.

“What are you doing?”

“Oh, my GOD!” Justin collapsed on top of Brian, pressing his face into Brian's shoulder.

Brian looked at Nick over the top of Justin's mop of blond hair. The child was standing in the doorway, staring at them curiously.

“Go back to your room. We’ll be with you in a minute,” Brian said quietly.

“Fuck,” Justin spat, once Nick shuffled back up the stairs. “Someone hand me the Worst Father of the Year award, already.”

“Calm down, Sunshine. He doesn’t know what he saw.”

“He’s a smart kid. There is no way we can lie about it. He saw us, Brian.”

They got dressed hastily, and walked to Nick’s room hand in hand.

Nick was on top of his bed, his little arms folded across his chest. Tank was sleeping in his own bed at the foot of Nick’s bed.

“Nick…” Justin started.

“What were you doing?” Nick demanded.

Brian touched the back of Justin's neck to ground him. “How about we answer you in ten years.”

Nick ground his teeth. “Was that the nasty?”

Justin covered his face. “Take a wild guess,” he mumbled into his hands.

“So, it was the nasty.”

“Nick, this has to be our secret. No one can know what you just saw,” Brian told him seriously.

“Fine. Just don’t do that in front of me again.”

Brian started laughing, and Justin dropped his hands to stare in shock at his son.

“You walked in on us.”

“Well…I was thirsty.”

“Don’t worry. You won’t see that again,” Brian promised. “I’ll grab you some water.”

Justin walked closer to sit next to Nick. “I’m really sorry you had to see that.”

“I’m not even sure what I saw. Uncle Emmett was right to call it nasty.”

Justin nodded, making a mental note to have a chat with Emmett about the things he told his son. “Like Brian said, you have to keep this secret.”

“Okay, Daddy.”

Brian returned with a glass of water. “Here you go, Nick.”

“Thanks,” Nick smiled toothily, gulping down half of the glass.

“Now, go back to sleep.” Justin kissed the top of Nick’s head.

Brian leaned over to kiss him, too, having learned the routine when they both put Nick to bed.

When they left Nick’s room, Justin groaned, elbowing Brian. “I wasn’t paranoid earlier about moving upstairs.”

“How the fuck was I supposed to know he’d decide to interrupt us so rudely?”

“I really hope he won’t say shit, because everyone will think we’re irresponsible parents.”

“I’ll show Emmett how responsible I am…but punching him in the face next time he comments about us doing the nasty,” Brian sneered.

Justin took his clothes off, leaving them in a heap by the door of their room. He noticed a rainbow cupcake on his nightstand.

“When did you get that?” He turned to Brian.

“Oh, that was the only cupcake I could get from my friend. He couldn’t keep more than this one, so I decided it was enough.”

“What’s the occasion?”

Brian stared at his long and hard. “We just discussed this downstairs. Pennsylvania lifted the ban on same-sex marriages.”

“Right. I mean…I didn’t expect anything.” Justin went to pick up the cupcake, ripping it in half. “Here.” He handed Brian the smaller part, knowing he was about to bitch about the carbs at that time of night.

Brian raised his piece of cupcake in salute. “See you at the altar in two months, Lover Boy.”

“Stop with the nicknames,” Justin groaned, stuffing his half of the cupcake in his mouth. He moaned loudly. “Yum! Just as good as I remember.”

Brian chewed on his half, taking his own clothes off. “Shower?”

“Yeah, I need one. I’m all sticky…and not only because of our ruined fuck, but I put Pepsi on me earlier.”

“Christ, Justin. Not even Nick has so many accidents as you.”

 

“It’s a gift,” Justin joked, leading the way into the bathroom.