- Text Size +
Justin was in a deep sleep when he heard his phone ring. He immediately pulled the covers over his head, waiting for it to stop. It had been a busy week and he really needed to rest. But there was only one person who could call at this hour and as much as he wished he was strong enough to ignore it, he just couldn't resist hearing Brian's voice. Especially when it was the only thing he could look forward to lately. God, being in New York without him was harder than he'd expected. Sometimes he questioned if it was even worth it. But he knew Brian would kill him if he gave up and came back without at least trying to make a name for himself. But he didn't know how much longer he could keep this up.



"Yeah?" he said sleepily into the phone. "Do you even know what time it is?"



"The best time." Brian sounded suspiciously happy.



"What?" that woke Justin up even more. "Are you drunk?"



"Maybe," Brian smiled. "And stoned, too. But this is the good stuff."



"It always is," Justin laughed. "So why are you calling me?"



Brian snorted. "Can't I call my boyfriend without a specific reason?" He sounded almost offended.



"Damn, you really are stoned."



"Smartass. I'd spank you if I were next to you."



"Good thing you're not," he said playfully, though there was sadness in his voice. He wanted nothing more than to have Brian beside him.



"Well, not for long," Brian replied, his voice suddenly serious.



Justin let out a laugh before he realized what Brian had actually said. "What do you mean?" he furrowed his brows.



"What I mean is that soon we're going to have a lot more action than just jerking off while we're on the phone," he said seductively.



"Could you use more words so I can understand what you're saying?" Justin was getting impatient. He was sure Brian was trying to tell him he'd be visiting soon, but he didn't want to get his hopes up.



"Sunshine, what I'm saying is that we need a much bigger place. The tiny apartment you're living in right now won't be enough. I want to fuck your soul out of your body, and I need the space to do it. A lot of space."



There was dead silence for a moment as Justin tried to make sense of Brian's words, but he just couldn't. "What?" his voice was full of frustration. "Brian, I really have no idea what you're talking about."



"God, you're such an idiot. A beautiful idiot, but still an idiot."



"It's the middle of the night and I'm tired, so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop talking in riddles and just say what you want to say."



"Have I ever told you that you're cute when you're angry?" Brian asked softly.



"No, but you're this close to getting to know the dark side of me," Justin said, getting slightly annoyed.



"Oops, guess I'm in trouble," Brian giggled.



"Brian," Justin sighed softly. "Please. I really need some good news."



There was a short pause, making Justin even more frustrated. Brian just loved torturing him.



"I changed my mind," Brian said suddenly, inhaling his joint.



"About what?" Justin asked nonchalantly, considering hanging up the phone and going back to sleep. Brian was the love of his life, but right now he was really getting on his nerves.



"It does matter, Justin. I know that now."



"What matters?" Justin was confused as hell.



"Time matters. What I said was stupid. I don't want to spend the rest of my life not knowing when I'll see you again. I want to see you every day. Whatever time I have left, I want to spend it with you. Even if it means getting gray and wrinkled. Because we belong together. And our time is now."



Justin forgot to breathe for a moment and his heartbeat quickened. This was the most beautiful thing Brian had ever said to him, but it scared him that he wasn't sober, meaning fully aware of his words. "Damn, this really is some good stuff," he chuckled nervously.



"Justin, I may be drunk and high, but I know what I'm saying." Brian said in a firm voice. "I love you. And I wanna be with you."



Justin smiled and let out a soft breath, his heart full of joy. "Then let's figure out how to be together," he said happily. He knew it wouldn't be easy, but he was prepared to do anything. And knowing that he and Brian were on the same page gave him a lot of hope.



"Sunshine, do you really think I'd be telling you all this if I hadn't already figured it out?" Brian said proudly.



There was silence on Justin's end again. He was afraid to even ask. "What are you saying, Brian?"



"I'm coming to you," Brian sighed softly, happy he'd finally said it out loud. It was almost as if the weight of the world had been lifted off his shoulders.



"You mean...?" Justin couldn't even finish the sentence.



"I'm moving to New York, Justin."



A tear of happiness immediately rolled down Justin's cheek. He didn't even have to ask Brian if he was sure because he knew he never did anything he didn't want to.



"Then what the hell are you waiting for?" Justin joked.



"For the morning flight," Brian replied in all seriousness.



"What?" Justin laughed out loud, not believing him.



"I told you, Sunshine, time matters and I'm done wasting it."



"Brian Kinney, you never cease to amaze me." Justin chuckled, slowly processing what was actually happening. "And I love you more than anything in the world."



"You better, because today I sold my beloved loft to a fucking hetero couple," he said in disgust. "So I'm basically homeless."



"God, what a sacrifice." Justin giggled. "Good thing I have this tiny apartment with an even tinier bed, huh?"



"You're so gonna get spanked." Brian promised.



"I'm so looking forward to it." Justin said excitedly.



"Good, because that's not the only thing I'm going to do to you," he replied, making Justin groan. "Now go back to sleep. I need you fresh and ready to work long hard hours tomorrow, probably deep into the night."



"Yes, sir," the blond smiled. "Good night."



"Night, Sunshine," Brian whispered. "See you tomorrow."



Justin put his phone back on the nightstand and fell asleep, knowing that Brian had just completely given his heart to him.
Chapter End Notes:
comments are welcome and appreciated :)
The End.
Taylor-Kinney is the author of 32 other stories.