- Text Size +
Story Notes:

DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

And so it begins



Brian was pleasantly surprised by how much he enjoyed the afternoon and early evening. Mel was a great swimmer, swim team in high school or whatever, and had already started to teach Gus the basics in the summer so he was confident in the water. She reviewed with him what they’d learned, and Gus was tickled pink to show off for his dad.


Gus was in heaven, really. Having both his Dad’s and his Jutsin’s attention was the best. They had him swim between them, getting further and further apart. He did great. Then Brian showed him how to swim between Justin’s legs, and a new game was on. By the time the pizza they had ordered for dinner arrived, sonny boy was exhausted but a very happy boy. He fell asleep with a piece of pizza in his mouth and Brian wrapped him in dry towels to keep him warm.


“We are going to discuss with my partners if it’s all right for Justin to get the job in the Art Department,” Brian said to Lindsay, knowing she would be pleased.


“If I hadn’t heard it myself, I wouldn’t fucking believe it,” commented Mel at the news. “Brian Kinney is going to grow some balls and publicly acknowledge he has a boyfriend.”


How reassuring. He had started thinking maybe aliens had kidnapped the real Mel. “No,” said Brian. “I’m going to tell them Justin is my sex slave.” Lindsay and Justin both cracked up.


Then Justin corrected, “I thought we’d agreed to tell them you were my sex slave.” This time, Mel joined Lindsay in laughing.


“Right,” said Brian, grinning at Justin. “That.”


“We need to get you that collar…”


They smiled at each other. Brian sat behind Justin and wrapped him in his arms, stealing the olives off his pizza. He loved holding him.


“You should see some of his designs,” Brian said to Lindsay. “He is brilliant.”


“And you are embarrassing the hell out of me,” said Justin.


“Wouldn’t it be more embarrassing if I said you sucked?”


“It would,” conceded Justin, laughing.


Lindsay smiled at him. “It’s not as if I'm surprised Justin. If your designs are anything like your paintings, you should take pride in them…”


“I am one of many in Plexus’ Art Department. It's full of gifted people. It will be a great place to work, if they let me.”


“And if they don’t, I plan on using Justin on a freelance basis.”


“You do?” asked Justin surprised, turning around to look at Brian.


“I’d mentioned it to you, remember?” replied Brian softly. “Regarding Ste. Blanche?”


Justin looked at him, shaking his head. “I’m pretty sure I’ll never completely understand you…” he replied, just as softly.


Brian rolled in his lips, looking at his hand. “I don’t always understand myself, Justin.” He looked up at him and wrapped his arms tightly around Justin. “But I do know I want you. I’ve never been so sure about anything in my life.”


What started at a light brushing of the lips soon turned into a full on kiss until Mel’s rather loud theatrical cough brought them back poolside.


“There are children present, you know…” Considering both JR and Gus were dead to the world, Brian gave her the finger, but Justin laughed and pulled out of their kiss.


Mel decided to go swim some laps before eating any more pizza, and Justin joined her. He was a good swimmer, years of lessons at the country club showing.


“You know, it’s funny,” said Lindz, “but when I met Justin at Thanksgiving, I thought, ‘I bet Brian would go crazy for that boy, and that Justin would give him a run for his money!’ and look at you now…”


“So, how are you and Mel doing? Any recurrence of the Lesbian Death Bed?” Brian answered with a smirk.


Lindz laughed. “I like the subtle way you have to tell me to mind my own business. We're doing great, thank you. And I am not so easily deterred. I am glad you found someone, Brian. And I’m glad it’s Justin. He's great, and Gus loves him. Did you really have no idea he’d been here and had met all of us?”


“None.”


“What happened at Debbie’s? You guys just disappeared. Carl said he send you to get some ice, of all things.”


“He did.”


“Brian! Come on! Give a little!”


Brian did not want to talk about it, but this was Lindz.


“Justin finished his internship. We fucked. He left.” Brian looked away. “I…I wasn’t as glad about it as I’d thought.” He looked back at her. “When he opened the door for me at Debbie’s I thought I was delusional. We left. We talked. We fucked. And he’s not a one-night stand anymore.”


“Why do I have a feeling there is much more to it than this?”


“This was the long version, Lindz.”


“The best anyone is going to get, I suppose. Well, regardless. I’m happy for you.”


“Oh, good, now my life is complete.” He got up, holding a dry towel for a wet Justin, who had just gotten out of the water. He wrapped him up, and they sat back down as before, sharing a recliner, Justin nestled in his arms. Lindz looked at Brian with a smile. He ignored her.


When it was time for them to go, Gus was so tired he did not even wake up when his mom put him in his pajamas and clipped him in his car seat.


Lindsay kissed Brian on the cheek. “Thanks. That was a great idea.”


“I’ll come by tomorrow, OK?” He didn’t want a day to go by without seeing Gus.


“Anytime. Gus is in heaven, you know?” She smiled.


Back in the suite, Brian bitched about the level of chlorination in the pool. He stank and it was terrible for his skin and hair. He washed his whole body and his hair twice, and could still smell the chlorine on his skin but then Justin swallowed his cock. His focus quickly changed as Justin had an amazing gift for that task. Concentrating on staying upright as his mind was slowly unraveled by the truly amazing and blissful sensations that led to what felt like an eternity of pure ecstasy, he decided that just now he didn’t give a shit about premature aging.


They got dressed and headed to Woody’s where Brian had time to give Justin another lesson before the rest of the gang showed up. Justin was definitely getting better. He held his own when they all played.


In the course of the evening several guys came cruising Brian, but he dismissed them with a definite, “Not interested.”


The fifth or sixth time, Ted shook his head. “Some things never change,” Brian heard him comment to Justin. “It’s been this way as long as I’ve known him.”

 

 

Brian, who was taking a shot, felt Justin’s eyes on him.

 

 

“Brian’s beautiful,” Justin answered simply, and Brian felt really good.


Then the man from the diner, ‘Slade’, came into the room and smiled at Justin. He was coming over obviously intending to start a conversation, so Brian went and wrapped Justin in his arms from behind. He looked pointedly at ‘Slade’ and said, “Not interested,” and told Justin, “Shit, Sunshine, how many guys am I going to have to chase away from you tonight?”


“What about all those guys cruising you!” Justin said laughing.


“What guys?” said Brian and kissed him. He could see Ted smirking but didn't give a shit.


Close to eleven, Emmett and Drew went home but the rest of them headed for Babylon. Blake, Ben and Justin hit the dance floor, while the rest of them hit the bar. Justin had apparently realized that Brian, Michael and Ted were friends of long standing, and he seemed content to let Brian have some time alone with them.


It was amazing how three years just disappeared. They took up the conversation where they’d left off, Michael and Ted commenting on the hot guys and Brian shooting them down. Mikey talking about Red Cape and new comics, Ted joking about his job at Brian’s old firm (he was actually doing extremely well, having somehow become the right arm of one of the principles) and Brian peppering the conversation with sarcastic remarks.


While talking to Mikey and Ted, Brian kept an eye on Justin, who was in his Club mode, dancing for the sheer joy of it. He had a grace, an unselfconsciousness that made him stand out from Blake and Ben. His perfect ass and his blond hair didn’t hurt. Had he been dancing alone out there, he would have probably already gotten offers of getting blown by guys who just wanted a little piece of him. There was nothing contrived about him. He was just natural, and beautiful. The glitter fell, and stuck to his sweaty body, and he was like some blond angel, glittering under the lights.


Suddenly, both Daphne and Brandon were there, dancing with the three of them. Brandon put his arm around Justin and said something in his ear that made Justin laugh, and Brian couldn’t help but feel a twinge of jealousy and was amused by the unfamiliar feeling. It was self-doubt, not a lack in trust in Justin. Justin was his. He knew that with an amazing certainty. Justin had given him his heart, his body, and they were his to keep unless he himself did something to betray Justin’s trust, or until the day he decided he did not want them anymore. Neither of which were ever going to happen.


“Why is that Bandon guy dancing with them?” asked Michael sounding peevish. “Look at him, he's all over Justin. Doesn’t that bother you?”


“They’re friends,” shrugged Brian, nonchalantly.


“Well, he’s not touching Ben. I’m going out there.” Michael joined his husband on the dance floor.

 

 

“Do you think he’s going to piss on Ben’s leg to mark his territory?” Ted asked Brian.


“I wouldn’t be surprised,” answered Brian finding the image particularly funny.


Justin was evidently introducing Brandon to Blake, Ben, and Michael, and at the next change of song, they all came to the bar. Brian was prepared and handed Justin a bottle of water which he took gratefully, tucking himself against Brian’s body. He smelled marvelously of Justin-clean-sweat and Brian licked behind his ear, just to get a taste of it. His cock had gone instantly hard and Justin wiggled his ass against it playfully. Brian reached around Justin's body and tweaked his nipple ring, making him squirm. Justin turned around and grinned at him. As soon as the bottle was empty, Daphne dragged Justin back to the dance floor. They chatted and laughed as they danced.


Brandon had greeted him with a rather friendly, “Hi, Brian. How is it going?” Which Brian had returned and then Blake introduced him to Ted. It sounded as if the three of them started a conversation about opera, of all things. Ted looked impressed which meant Brandon must really know what he was talking about. Wonders never ceased. Michael and Ben were saying their goodbyes. Brian was having lunch with Michael the next day, so he didn’t mind. After a while, Ted and Blake headed out as well. Brian and Brandon leaned side by side against the bar, both drinking J&B and looking at Justin and Daphne, watching other guys watching them dance, other guys watching Justin.


“I’m in love with your boyfriend,” said Brandon, conversationally.


“I’m aware,” replied Brian, in the same tone.


“You are a very lucky man,” added Brandon. “Don’t fuck it up.”


Brian looked at him and said, “I would have rather thought you would want me to fuck it up. Then you’d get your chance.”


Brandon shook his head. “Please tell me you are not really this obtuse, Kinney. Justin loves you. You can fuck up as much as you want and it might break him, kill that smile of his, but he would still be yours. That’s not going to change. I just hope you don’t, that’s all. I love him. I want him to be happy. So take care of him.”


He finished his glass and joined Justin and Daphne on the dance floor. The three of them together made quite a sight. Almost immediately, guys started trying to get Brandon’s attention, just to get the brush off. Brandon was having fun. They would have to wait until he lost his two dancing partners.


Brian only had eyes for Justin. ‘I love him,’ Brandon had said, so easily. ‘I’m in love with your boyfriend.’ So easy for Brandon to admit. Brian took a deep breath. His heart was beating hard in his chest, his palms were suddenly wet and his mouth dry. Justin danced, looking breathtakingly beautiful, smiling and happy.


Brian closed his eyes and thought of their kiss, of Justin making love to him so tenderly, of Justin’s complete surrender when Brian took him. He thought of Justin’s art, of his wondrous gift, of the way he called his bluffs, of Gus on his Jutsin’s hip, like he belonged there.


He opened his eyes again. Justin was laughing, twirling Daphne, sending her spinning into Brandon’s arms, who twirled her back to him. They were having a great time. Justin looked towards Brian to catch his eye and smiled, including him in their fun. And Brian finally was able to think to himself, “I love him… I love him.” And he smiled back at Justin, his usual controlled, amused little smile, while all the while in his head, in his heart, were the words, like a song. “I love him. I love him. I love him.”


After a while, Justin left his two companions alone and came back to Brian who welcomed him with open arms. “Dance with me,” he said, and that was the best offer Brian had had all night. He rested his wrists on Justin’s shoulders and they moved to the music, staring at each other, smiling. The last time they had danced together, Justin had just given him the most amazing blowjob and then had come in his arms, from his kiss, and it had felt like the most precious gift, even as he was trying to convince himself that it did not matter and meant nothing.


Ten days later, and he freely admitted that it meant everything, that that boy-man in his arms was the most important person in his life. He took his mouth in a kiss and it was heaven, his own personal paradise. He pressed their bodies together, his erection hard against Justin’s hip, Justin’s against his thigh. He dropped one of his hands to Justin’s ass, caressing the mounds through the denim and settled it on his lower back. His other hand was cradling Justin’s head as they kissed.


He let his kiss speak for him, telling Justin everything he did not know how to say any other way, and he could feel Justin’s love in his complete and utter surrender. When Justin started to tremble in his arms, he let his own arousal reach its peak and when Justin’s orgasm pulsed against his thigh, he answered with his own, helplessly coming against Justin’s hip, growling his pleasure in Justin’s mouth.

 

 

“Oh, Brian…” Justin looked completely undone, and Brian knew exactly how he felt, how he himself had felt that first time Justin had reached completion just from his kiss and from his feelings for him.


He smiled at Justin, and kissed him some more, softly, lovingly, holding him tight.


“Let’s go home, please,” said Justin, and Brian smiled.


Saying goodbye did not take them long, and ‘home’ they went.


To be continued...