- Text Size +

 

 

 

Sharing the joy



They had to let go of each other as they were hugged and kissed, and teased. Brian saw Justin say something in Sarah’s ear that made her blush prettily and laugh. Rory (he was pretty sure that was Rory) seemed to find her quite fascinating. Lilah hugged Justin within an inch of his life and giggled excitedly. Brian was assaulted by Heather and laughed at by Alan who was enjoying someone else having to put up with his wife’s exuberance. His other two partners and their spouses were more sedate, but no less thrilled for him.


“Congratulation, Brian!” said Marcus, squeezing his shoulder. “Justin is a wonderful young man. It’s good to see you so happy…”


Paul grinned. “You could not have retired from your wild ways for a better man. He is a lucky guy. I wish you both joy.”


The buffet was filled with food, and people started seating themselves around the small tables to eat. Music was playing for couples to dance to. Everyone seemed in high spirits, enjoying themselves.


Emmett came to Brian next, holding hands with a smiling Drew. He was beside himself with glee. He thought the whole thing was just too romantic for words. He had cried for half the ceremony, and grinned like a loon for the other half, and cuddled his husband throughout. Brian was pleased by the way Drew looked at him. Emmett was loved. He so deserved it.


Ben and Hunter were next congratulating him.


“Well done, Brian. I think Justin will remember this day for the rest of his life,” said Ben.


“Yes, dude,” agreed Hunter. “And good move. Professionally speaking, Justin has by far the best ass I’ve ever seen, and now it’s legally yours…”


Brian laughed. “Yes, Hunter, that was my main reason for marrying him.” Justin was finally able to rejoin him.


“What was your main reason for marrying me?” he asked, having only heard his answer to Hunter.


“Your delectable ass,” said Brian.


“And here I thought you loved me for my mind…” Justin grinned at him.


“Actually, Sunshine, I love absolutely everything about you,” said Brian, pulling Justin into his arms and holding him from behind, burying his face in his neck. Justin smelled so good. He was instantly hard for him, and moved against his aforementioned ass to let him know so.


“All right,” said Hunter not fooled by the maneuver, “gag me. I think I’ll go hang with Daphne. You guys make my teeth ache.”


Ben and Brian cracked up. Justin was leaning against Brian, and let out a happy sigh. Brian knew exactly how he felt.


Todd and Brandon joined them. It was so good to see them. They had played their roles perfectly, and he knew how happy they truly were for Justin and him.


“Todd, you look amazing,” said Justin.


Brian had noticed that as well. Todd was always handsome, but there was something different about him. Brandon put his arms around his lover and smiled. Todd blushed. “I think I’m just so fucking happy,” he said. Brandon nuzzled his neck.


“Happiness suits you then. You do look very well,” said Ben. “Soon it will be so obvious that you two are together for good, I won’t be able to torture my husband with his ridiculous jealousy of Brandon.”


“Then we need to do so while we still can,” said Brandon, looking mischievous. Smiling, he pushed Ben’s hair behind his ear and adjusted his bow-tie. Ben leaned over to Brandon, speaking in his ear, saying, “I give him two minutes…”

 

 

Todd laughed at their shenanigans. “You two are such jerks,” he said, shaking his head. Brandon had his right arm tightly around Todd, but his left hand rested on Ben’s shoulder.


“I only enjoy teasing him because of the direct influence it has on his attitude in bed,” confided Ben. “Until we met Brandon, I had no idea he had it in him. When I make him jealous he is truthfully and by far, the best lover I’ve ever had. I love it. I guess I need a way to get him to let loose without provoking him through his jealousy, but for now, believe me, I’ll take it any way I can get it…”


Michael was coming their way, his eyes burning, looking extremely put out.


"Give me a minute," Brian whispered in Justin's ear, and he let go of him.


“Hey Mikey,” said Brian, taking the newcomer in his arms. “Thanks for standing with me.” He gave Mikey a long hug, the hand on Mikey's back sliding just a little too low, and kissed him softly on the lips. Ben did not look too happy about that, and it made Brian feel good to give him a taste of his own medicine. He had a feeling the night was going to be a very hot one for those two. Maybe Ben would find a way to explain how turned on he was by a more aggressive Michael, instead of just provoking him. As Michael and Ben walked away towards the dance floor together, one could feel the sexual tension between the two of them just radiating.


Brian took Justin back in his arms as Justin said softly to him, "Well done."


The four friends watched Michael and Ben walk away, turned to each other and chuckled. “It’s going to be a night to remember for the Novotny-Bruckners,” said Todd. “Maybe they’ll actually talk,” he mused hopefully, echoing Brian’s thoughts.


“Let’s go dance too,” said Brandon to Todd. “I want to make out.”


As soon as they stepped away, Molly took their place.


“Hey, Mollusk. You look so gorgeous!”


“Hey, big brother. How do you feel?”


“Like the luckiest man on earth,” answered Justin, cradled again in Brian’s arms. Brian was surprised when she looked at him with a smile and said, “The amazing thing is that I think your husband feels the same.” Brian squeezed Justin against him, and kissed him behind the ear.


“She’s right, you know, I do.” Justin held his arms tight against him.


“So, Brian. I saw you talk to that Hunter guy. He definitely looks like someone I‘d like to be acquainted with.”


“What do you mean?” asked Brian amused.


She rolled her eyes. “What do you think I mean, smart ass? Tall, cute, killer smile… Daphne says he is smart and funny. Do you know how few interesting guys I know? I go to St. James Academy, for hell’s sake. So introduce me already. I want to meet him. He’s hot.”


Hunter was on the other side of the room and they could see him occasionally through the dancing couples. He did look quite dapper in his tux, and must be about 6’2” by now. He was animatedly talking to Daphne and LaShaun, laughing and joking.


“There is something you need to know about Hunter,” said Justin. For a second, Brian thought he was going to tell his sister about his HIV status, but shook himself. He knew Justin better than that.


“Hunter has a gift,“ said Justin, mysteriously. “Almost a super power…”


Molly laughed. “Really, Justin. And what is that?”


“He has super hearing.” Wow. Brian had actually forgotten all about that. It was easy to do, since it was so unusual, and they didn’t see Hunter all that often.


“Reeeeally,” said Molly, sure Justin was full of it. “Super hearing, eh?”


“Yes. I’m sure he heard our entire conversation, and will come over to be introduced as soon as he can get away.”


“Oh sure,” she said. “Across the room, despite the music and all the people yakking. You are so full of it. I can hardly hear you!”


Justin said in the exact same tone of voice, “Can you wave to my sister, Hunter?”


Hunter’s arms were crossed, and he was intent on LaShaun, yet he raised his hand from his bicep and waved his fingers in their direction, a grin on his face.


“Oh, my god!” said Molly, hiding her face for a second before looking at Hunter again. “You mean he heard me say he was hot?”


Across the room, Hunter chuckled and nodded his head.


“Oh, shit,” she said turning her back to him. “That’s embarrassing.” Hunter was making his way toward them. Once he was behind her, he leaned in close to say in her ear, “It’s not too embarrassing, not since I think you’re pretty hot yourself…”


She turned to him with a smile. “All righty then...” she said.


He smiled back at her. “But before I take you to the dance floor, there are a couple more things you should know about me.” He was looking at her, a serious expression on his face. “I’d like to get this shit out of the way, ‘cause if we are going to get on as well as I think we are, it would suck to drop them on you once we’re madly in love. Just so you have a chance to back off now…” Despite his flippant attitude, there was a thread of resignation in his speech, as if he’d gone through this many times with disappointing results. “I’m HIV positive, and I used to be a male prostitute.”


Brian was impressed, both by Hunter’s no hold barred approach, and the fact that Molly’s expression did not change in the least. After a minute, she sighed and said, “Well, I guess there are a couple of things you’d better know about me as well, before we fall madly in love, so you have a chance to run screaming now...” She looked him in the eye. “I’m allergic to peanuts, and I’m a cheerleader.”


Hunter considered her dubiously for a few seconds, then smiled and said, “What the fuck. Let’s dance.” They went to the dance floor hand in hand. A slower song was playing, and soon they were closely holding each other, speaking and giggling.


“Talk about a match made in heaven,” said Justin.


“I know. They would have lived in the same town forever but would have never met had we not gotten married,” said Brian in a tragic voice. “It almost makes it worthwhile, don’t you think?”


Justin cracked up. He turned into Brian’s embrace and put his arms around his neck. “Thank you, Brian, thank you for this, for all of it. It’s all so perfect. You are amazing.”


Brian looked at him. His short hair was gelled, his tuxedo a perfect fit, his angel face beautiful and full of love. He felt so blessed to be loved by that man. “Justin, I…” There were no words. He caressed his face, lost in his blue eyes and slowly brought their lips together.


“And that’s when Brian turns into a frog,” said Ted.


“No Ted,” said Blake. “That’s not how it goes. A witch turned him into a frog and the kiss turns him back into a prince.”


“Oh! right… What I meant to say was ‘and that’s when Brian turns into a horn dog.’ Now I’m pretty sure that’s right.”


Brian’s cock was hard as a rock. He grinned at Ted. “Yes, Ted. You are so right…”


“Too bad. You guys can’t go yet. It would look bad and it would be rude to your guests,” said Blake, impishly. “So Justin, come dance with me before you two combust.”


Justin laughed. He squeezed Brian’s hand and moved toward the dance floor with Blake. Brian held Blake’s arm for a second and said jokingly, “Hands above the waist at all times, and a hand's width between the chests…” Blake laughed at him and grabbed Justin’s ass, making him chuckle.


“I’d say he’s already turned the frog into a prince,” said Ted, only half joking.


Brian looked at him. He was so happy, his affection for his old time friends was right at the surface and he had to work at not hugging Ted. Hopefully this lack of control was a temporary anomaly. He did smile, a much less guarded smile than usual, and admitted, “You have no idea…”


He knew Ted was no fool and that he was not about to take advantage of his momentary lack of restraint. Ted just put his hand on Brian’s arm and told him kindly, “We all deserve happiness, Brian, you as much as anyone. I am really glad you found Justin and were able to let yourself love him. It just shows how special he is. Though I bet it wasn’t easy,” he added as a second thought.


“No, it wasn’t,” admitted Brian. “But he made it impossible not to.”


Ted nodded in understanding. His relationship with Blake had been anything but easy, but they had loved each other from the get go, going against good sense ninety percent of the time. Brian grinned at him. “You and Blake are next.”


Ted blushed, an unusual occurrence that made him look about twenty years younger. “We’re already married.” Ted said, looking at his hands, obviously shy about it. “Blake surprised me, as soon as it became legal in Massachusetts. He took me away for a weekend in a B&B, and we were married by a justice of the peace. He said he was tired of my acting like he was more than I deserved, that it was time for me to realize he was the lucky one.” He looked at Brian. “Nobody else knows. It was… the best day of my life.”


Brian could think of many retorts the old Brian would have made, all true, and all hurtful. How had he ever managed to keep his friends, he wondered, being such an asshole? Of course he had been there for them many times, helping, mostly behind the scenes when it was really needed, but surely they must have been tired of his constant spite? It must have been such a relief when he moved away.


The sad thing is that he would have been just as touched that Ted would trust him with something evidently so precious to him, but he would have considered it a chink in his armor to admit it. Fuck that. He no longer needed any armor. His strength was his love for the cute little blond goofing off on the dance floor with this man’s partner. So he just smiled at Ted and said, ”I know exactly what you mean.”


They both looked at the sexy boys they had married having a great time dancing. They were young, they were hot, and both could really move. They had both at some point gotten rid of their jackets, as had most of the gay men on the dance floor. Brian decided he needed to dance with the important ladies in his life before the music went into club mode. He had hired one of the DJ’s from Essengy and had asked for a full hour of ‘wedding music’, but he could tell Geoff was slipping already. He signaled Brooke discreetly, and asked him to remind Geoff to keep it tame for at least another half hour or so, and then went to ask Jessica to dance.


She was sitting with Plexus people: Sam, his wife Katie, Spaz Spencer the cameraman (who was wearing a powder blue tux with dark blue piping and a ruffled shirt), Chris Hartman the still photographer, Adam Jewett the director, and Erica Young, the makeup girl. Aside from Sam, Brian knew none of them had had any idea what this mandatory evening had been about. It had to have been obvious when they had been taken to the ballroom that it was a wedding, but they had had no clue as to whose.


When Brian had walked up the aisle, they still had not known who the other party would be and had probably resented being forced to attend the Asshole’s nuptials. When Justin had come in with his mother and sister, you probably could have knocked them over with a feather, but at least, at that point, Brian figured they probably had been glad to be there. Everyone loved Justin, even if at that point, they probably felt sorry for him…


“Congratulation, Brian,” said Adam. “You certainly played that one close to the vest.”


Brian realized that most of the small tables around were occupied by other Plexus people, and that all of them were turned toward him at that point. He figured he was not going to be able to just grab Jessica and leave without a modicum of explanation.


“Justin and I have been together since before the Clearlife commercial was made, since before he was hired by the Art Department. We agreed to keep our relationship under wraps, so there would be no awkwardness around him at work.” He smiled evilly. “We both know how much you guys love me at times, and he didn’t want to be caught in the middle, or be treated differently. I hope the fact that he is my husband will not change the way you guys think of him. He had no clue this was coming, and I’m pretty sure he hasn’t thought of the repercussions at work yet.”


Julie said, from a neighboring table, “Justin’s great. Nobody will blame him for his awful taste in men…” Brian knew Julie actually liked him well enough, so he had no problem laughing with everybody at her remark.


“Justin’s cool, man. Gif-ted.” Spaz grinned. “Cute too. If I bent that way, I’d be all over him. But you’re effing brilliant too, dude, so, it kinda makes sense. More power to both of you. It has not a fucking thing to do with work.”


Just then, Sarah, who had been dancing with Andrew, stopped next to Brian. “Congratulations, Mr. Kinney. I’m so happy for you both,” and she gave him a hug.


He hugged her back and kissed her cheek. “Thank you, Sarah. It means a lot.”


She went back to dancing and he realized from the astounded looks on some of the members of the Art Department’s faces that that small interaction had probably done more in his and Justin’s favor than a lot of explanation. Everybody knew he had gleefully reduced Sarah to tears in her first week, and had treated her like crap for two years. If she could find it in her heart to be happy for Justin and him, so should they. And he’d actually been nice to her!


He gave them all a sadistic grin. “Don’t let my mellow attitude on this perfect day fool you people. I’m still the Asshole.” They were all shocked into laughing. He picked up Jessica’s hand. “My lady, would you care to dance?”


“I would love to.” She smiled at him. They both had worked hard to pull off this perfect evening and they were both very happy with the results. Brook had evidently spoken to Geoff. “Stand By Me” came on. Brian thought the money he had paid for his dance lessons had been wisely invested as he gracefully led Jessica around.


“Thank you, Brian, for allowing me to be part of this day. At the time of Jason’s marriage, he and I were estranged. I am just so happy to have had a chance to do this for two of my boys.”


Brian was really touched. He had always considered she was doing it for Justin’s sake. “You have no idea how much it means to me to be included as one of your boys…”


“You have been one of my boys since the day I came to tease you at your office.” She laughed her lovely laugh. “I realized how in love you were with Justin, and how deluded about your own feelings.” She smiled at him fondly. “The five of you each have your battles to fight, but Brian, you have come the furthest. You were in such denial, had so many walls up, and you were so weary. I don’t think anyone but Justin could have ever reached you, touched your hidden heart the way he did.”


She sighed happily. “Waking up this silly grandiose apartment for this day has been so much fun. But then again, I’ve had more fun since meeting Justin Taylor than I have had in the seven years since Arthur’s death. The five of you have brought so much joy to my life.”


Brian spun her elegantly, making her beautiful dress flare out at the bottom. She laughed, delighted. Brian took her gloved hand again. “You are wearing the dress Justin imagined for you in your portrait,” he remarked, having only now noticed the long green gloves, though a green gauzy shawl replaced the ribbon she held in the painting.


She smiled. “Yes. I had it made. I love it. Isn’t it so glamorous? Speaking of glamorous, did you see LaShaun? Doesn’t he look amazing?”


“He does,” acknowledged Brian. “I think LaShaun has started on a journey that will surprise a lot of people. Another person touched by Justin’s loving kindness.” Brian knew she would understand what he said next. “I am the luckiest man on earth, Jessica. I have no idea what I did to deserve him.”


Jessica looked at him with open affection. “Don’t be silly, Brian. You are brilliant professionally, you have kept friends for years, you have a beautiful son who adores you, and you are the definition of hot. Justin rightfully admires you as well as loves you. He feels like the luckiest man on earth, and he should. You deserve each other.” Brian thanked her with a smile.


They both watched Justin, who was dancing with his mother. Brian had actually never met her, and he really should. He‘d just married her son, after all… Somehow, he resented her for her lack of support to Justin, for choosing her jerk of a husband over her beautiful son, for sending her daughter to St. James Academy when they had treated her son like a second-class citizen. But if Justin could forgive her and overlook it all, so should he. The song came to an end.


“Walk me to Todd, my dear,” requested Jessica. “I want to dance with him next. He looks good enough to eat.”


Justin was still talking to his mom. Brian took a deep breath and joined them. Justin saw him coming and smiled, the kind of smile that made Brian’s heart melt.


“Mom,” he said, “I’m sorry you didn’t meet each other before, but here he is now. Meet my husband, Brian Kinney.”


That sounded so damn good. Brian smiled at Justin, who knew exactly what he was smiling about and smiled back. They were married…


“Mrs. Taylor, it’s nice to meet you.”


“Nice to meet you too… Brian, and thank you for making it possible for me to attend today’s celebration, to be a part of it. It was extremely thoughtful of you.”


“I wanted all the people important to Justin to be here with us today. He would not have been happy had you not been here today to give him away. Would you care to dance?” Justin smiled at him gratefully.


“Certainly.” As much as he could see Justin in his sister, Brian did not feel he resembled his mother at all. She was thin and elegant, but had neither his spark nor his beautiful coloring.


She was quiet at first, and looking away. Then she sighed and said, “You must think I’m a terrible mother…”


Brian abstained from commenting. He looked at her, waiting for her to finish her thought.


“…and that I should have stood by him against his father.” She seemed resigned to his judgment.


“You paid his hospital bills, and for his undergraduate degree,” he pointed out generously.


“Only until his father caught on. And even today, I am here under false pretenses, supposedly visiting Stony Brook as a potential college for my daughter, who went to St. James Academy, a school that let his would be murderer graduate with his class, even as Justin was still in a coma.”


“I do not judge you, Mrs. Taylor. I am sure you have your reasons.”


She sighed. “Pathetic ones. I am a coward. I like my comfortable life, my membership to the country club. I do not have my son’s strength. When he’s not around, I even forget to feel ashamed.”


“Justin loves you. He is happy that you are here, that you keep in contact with him. Enjoy the day, witness tonight how happy he is, and go to his exposition tomorrow to celebrate how gifted he is. Someone nurtured his indomitable spirit and his love of art. I doubt it was your husband. Knowing Justin, he would want you to take pride in what you were able to give him, not beat yourself up over what you didn’t.”


She looked him in the eye for the first time. “You are right about Justin, but it is not his sanction I fear, it is yours.”


“I love Justin, Mrs. Taylor. It’s easy for me to be angry on his behalf. But I am not blameless. There are things that I have done that I am not proud of, and still he forgave me and loves me. The least I can do is extend you the courtesy of following his example and be grateful for what you bring into his life. Molly, like Justin, is a high-spirited, strong young woman. You know how to nurture that in your children. Would she need to, I have no doubt she too could land on her feet. It is a great gift you have given them.”


“You are very generous, Brian. Thank you.”


They both looked at Justin, who was dancing with Brandon. As he did in everything else, Brandon looked exquisite in a tux. He may no longer be in love with Justin, but he certainly loved him still and it showed. He was graceful, but one could sense his strength, and they were laughing together. Brian could not help but think about what might have been, had Justin met Brandon first. They truly looked wonderful together. But Justin was his, forever and always, had chosen him again and again.


Jennifer Taylor interrupted his thoughts. “My son looks happier than I have ever seen him.” Just then, Justin caught Brian looking at him and smiled, making Brian feel amazingly good. He wondered how much longer it would be necessary to hang around. He wanted to go home and love his husband. After all, most of the people here would also be at the opening the next day. Justin was having a good time, though. He had picked up Gus, who was sitting on Justin and Brandon’s linked arms, giggling excitedly, holding onto their shoulders as they danced.


“Your little boy is beautiful, Brian. He seemed to be very accepting of Justin.”


“My son loved Justin before I knew I did. Justin met him without knowing that Gus and I were related, and spent a lot of time with him, playing with him, taking him to the zoo. Gus already called him myJutsin by the time Justin and I got together. As a matter of fact, when I came from New York to spend Christmas with my son, in my adopted mother’s house, it was Justin who opened the door, my son on his hip. It was the biggest surprise of my life.” Brian chuckled. “Justin wanted nothing to do with me. He tried to escape through the kitchen. Thank god for our friends Daphne and Carl. They sent us out to get some ice. And here we are today…”


The song was coming to an end. He walked Jennifer back to her table and looked for Justin. Brian was done with dancing with ladies for a while and wanted to hold the man he loved. Justin was talking to Daphne and LaShaun. Brian decided to join them.


“So have you thought about what you want to study in college?” Daphne was asking.


“Uh… I think that's a bit premature,” answered LaShaun. “I don’t even have my GED yet.”


“I thought you said you were taking the test next month,” said Justin.


“Well, I am… but then there are the SAT’s and those look like a bitch…”


“They’re not that bad. Justin got 1500 on his, so how hard can they be?” Daphne giggled.


1500? That was… Impressive, to say the least. Brian had always been pretty happy with his 1420.


“What did you get?” asked LaShaun.


“1250. But she…” started Justin.


“But I was tired and had a real bad hair day,” interrupted Daphne.


Justin said in a loud whisper, “but she’d just been dumped by her boyfriend and cried the whole time…”


“Shut up, Justin!” She punched him on the arm. “I still got in at Penn State, and that’s where I wanted to go anyway.”


As soon as Brian got close enough behind Justin, Justin just leaned into him. How he’d known Brian was even there was anyone’s guess. Justin turned his face towards him and Brian kissed his full lips, his cock immediately reacting to both the kiss and its proximity to Justin’s ass. Justin smiled a sexy smile at him, and he wanted to just bend him over a table and fuck him. Just as he was thinking that, he caught Todd’s eye across the room. Todd just started laughing, somehow reading his mind. Brian smiled at him and wrapped his arms around Justin.


“Where did you go to college, Kinney?” asked LaShaun.


“Carnegie-Mellon, in Pittsburgh.”


“What did you study?”


“My undergraduate degree was in Advertising. Then I got my MBA.”


“Wow,” said Daphne, frowning. Isn’t the entrance to the MBA program at Tepper really competitive?”


“It is.” Brian was still proud of his academic performance in both college and graduate school, and it embarrassed him. He always felt that had he come from a different background, he would have taken it for granted, so he resented his proletarian pride. Besides, he felt since he’d been so successful in his profession, his school successes should have paled by now, but they hadn’t.


“Brian had a 3.92 GPA in college and graduated in three years, and a 3.94 in graduate school,” said Lindsay, who had appeared out of nowhere. “He would have had a 4.0 in college, but his Differential Equation professor, Dr. Prick Shippley, sorry, Rick Shippley, was a homophobic jerk off and some asshole named Matthew Corbin outed Brian to him. So Brian got his only B, though it was complete bullshit.”


“It was a long time ago, Lindsay.”


“I don’t care. You should have been valedictorian, not Corbin, and you know it.”


“It would have made no difference in my life.”


“It still wasn’t right, and I still want to ring the prick’s neck.”


Brian laughed, amused by the fire in her tone. Sometimes he forgot how important fairness was to Lindz and how much she cared. “Which prick? Corbin or Shippley?”


She chuckled, realizing how silly it was to still get angry about this. “Both. Every time I think about it, it makes me mad…”


“I feel the same way when I think about the guy who bashed Justin only getting 500 hours of community service for what basically was attempted murder,” said Daphne.


“See, LaShaun, that’s the problem with you being straight. No fag hag ready to commit murder on your behalf,” explained Justin.


“I’m starting to see that man. This fag thing is looking better and better. Well, except for the sucking dick part, and for the fucking guys part. And I guess these are kind of important parts, right?” He grinned.


“Right up there with the getting fucked by a guy part and the eating a guy’s ass part…” said Brian.


“Briiaan!” said Lindsay and Daphne at the same time, as Justin just cracked up.


“Kinney,” complained LaShaun, “I like you and Justin fine, man, but some images I don’t need!”


“You are completely hopeless as a queer,” concluded Justin. “I guess you’ll have to sacrifice yourself and stick with women…”


“Hallelujah,” answered LaShaun, wholeheartedly. He sounded so sincere, they all cracked up, including him.


“Brian,” said Lindsay, “Gus has fallen asleep, and Mel and I both had a really long week. I was just coming to say goodnight and congratulations again to the both of you.”


Brian turned to Lindsay’s table where Gus was deep asleep in his Mama’s arms. Mel smiled at him, and he smiled back.


“Thanks,” said Justin. “I hope we can spend some time with Gus before you guys go back.”


“We’re not leaving until Sunday night, so I’m sure there will be an opportunity. We will see you tomorrow.”


Brian asked, “Can I go with you and help put him to bed?”


Lindsay smiled at him. “Sure. Come on.”


Brian took Gus from Mel so she could get up. He was so limp in his sleep it was like holding a rag doll. They walked down a corridor to one of the bedrooms. It was very large, with a small sitting room where a beautiful mahogany cot had been placed. Mel gave Brian Gus’ PJ’s and she and Lindsay disappeared into the bathoom for their nightly girl rituals. Brian laid his little boy on his mothers’ bed and took his mini tux off. Gus woke up a little.


“Daddy, is the party over?” he asked in a sleepy voice. “I danced with Jutsin and Brandon, but I didn’t get to dance with you. I wanted to dance with you too, Daddy.”


Brian was putting Gus’s dinosaur pajamas on him. “I would have liked to have danced with you too, sonny boy, but it’s really late, it’s bedtime now.” He picked up his boy to take him to his cot.


“Where are mommy and mamma?”


“They’re in the bathroom, getting ready for bed.”


“I have to brush my teeth and go peepee, Daddy. You should always brush and go peepee before you go to bed.”


“I’m sure they won’t be long.” He loved holding the small body in his arms. Gus still had some of his baby plumpness, his cheek round and soft against Brian’s. “I have a great idea,” he said. “How about we dance together now, while we wait?”


“But there’s no music, Daddy!”


Brian took his son’s little hand in his and started singing softly,


“You can dance

Ev'ry dance with the guy

Who gives you the eye

Let him hold you tight…”


He spun his son around and danced the same steps he had danced with Justin, Gus giggling when he dipped him.


“You can smile

Ev'ry smile for the man who held your hand

'Neath the pale moonlight

But don't forget who's taking you home

And in whose arms you're gonna be

So darlin', save the last dance for me, mmmm”


“That’s the dance you danced with Jutsin, Daddy,” Gus said, as Brian kept singing and dancing around the room.


“That’s right, sonny boy. It’s a very special dance…”


“You love Jutsin, don’t you, Daddy?”


“I do, Gus. Very much.”


“Me too. We’re real lucky.”


“Why is that?”


“I think Brandon loves him too, and lots of other people, ‘cause Jutsin’s so nice, and he has blue eyes and his smile is so special. We’re lucky he chose us, don’t you think, Daddy?”


From the mouths of babes… “I am very lucky. But he would have been your Justin no matter what, because you are the most special boy in the whole world.”


“But he wouldn’t be my daddy. Now Jutsin is your husband and he’s my daddy forever, right?”


“Justin is my husband and your daddy forever and always, Gus.” He started singing again and continued the dance, Gus humming along with him, his sweet voice amazingly in tune.


“Baby, don't you know

I love you so

Can't you feel it when we touch

I will never, never let you go

I love you, oh so much”


When one of Brian’s turns passed the bathroom, he saw that Lindsay and Mel were each leaning on a doorjamb, watching them with identical smiles. He ended the song and said, “Time to brush, sonny boy.”


“It’s mommy’s turn to brush my teeth. Good night, Daddy. Say goodnight to Jutsin for me, OK?”


“OK.” Brian set him down. “See you tomorrow. I love you, Gus.”


“I love you too, Daddy.”


Gus disappeared into the bathroom and Brian smiled at Gus’s mothers. “Good night, Ladies.”


Lindsay followed Gus into the bathroom, and Brian walked to the door.


“Brian?” said Mel.


He turned back towards her, questioningly.


“You’ve turned into a really good dad.”


“I guess you drank too much champagne, eh?” Brian joked to hide how much it meant to him to hear Mel say that.


“There is no other explanation,” answered Mel chuckling. “Good night, Brian.”


When Brian went back to the ballroom, Justin was still talking to LaShaun and Daphne, though Daphne’s grandparents had joined them. He knew he really should dance with Debbie, but at the moment she was having a great time boogieing down with Ben, and he wanted to hug Justin some more. Once again Justin seemed to sense his presence and leaned into his embrace. Brian could feel the heat of his body through his shirt. He breathed in his neck, and if he happened to kiss behind his ear a couple of time, it was completely out of his control.


“These are my grandparents, Brian, Nehama and Lamont Chanders,” said Daphne.


“Well met, and congratulation, Mr. Kinney,” said Lamont, his wife nodding in agreement.


“I cannot tell you how much satisfaction it brings me to be here,” said Nehama. “We so much feared for this boy’s life just six years ago, when he was paler than his hospital sheets. We didn’t know if we’d ever see that smile again. To see him so happy today and to be here for his exposition tomorrow is wonderful. Thank you for thinking of us.”


“I just wanted to meet the woman who made the gorgeous quilt in our living room,” answered Brian. “Its colors are magnificent. I love it.” He did not say he had slept wrapped in it for a whole month when his missing Justin had been like a living ache in his chest.


Nehama smiled. “Why thank you, young man.” Brian loved her immediately, as he would anyone who called him ‘young man’. He chuckled internally.


“My wife denies it, but she’s an artist in her own right,” said Lamont proudly. He turned back to LaShaun. “But to get back to our conversation, LaShaun, if you decide to go to Penn State, or even to Carnegie Mellon, we definitely will have a room and a job for you at the Christmas tree farm. It’s hard work, but the food is good, and we have two other grandsons going to college and living with us right now. It’s a family tradition for the boys, and we have yet to have a Chandler boy in trouble with the law or getting a girl pregnant or not graduating in four years, and believe me, that is not going to happen on our watch.”


“Sounds scary,” said LaShaun laughing, “but I’ll think about it. I need to move out of the neighborhood to make a clean break. I don’t know about farming though. I don’t know if I could cut it.”


“Well, it’s a bit more physical but a lot less stressful than dealing drugs,” reasoned Nehama. “And the trees smell so good…”


“And it sounds to me like you could use a bit of real family life,” added Lamont.


“And Justin and I would be your adopted cousins!” added Daphne, smiling enthusiastically.


LaShaun frowned and looked confused. “Justin?” he asked, obviously wondering how such a very white boy could be related to the Chanders.


“Yes, he looks white, LaShaun, but have you seen his ass?” said Brian, chuckling. “The boy’s definitely a brother…”


They all laughed at that, but then Nehama explained, “Justin became an unofficial Chanders when he was twelve, and has been part of the family ever since.”


“Well, just to be you guys’ cousin, I may just have to go to school in Pennsylvania. Though the lack of pollution might kill me…” said LaShaun. He was joking, but somehow one could sense how much he actually wanted it, a different life, a real family… Brian had no doubt he would take the Chanders up on their offer.


The music was changing, getting progressively more clublike. Brian figured he better get to Debbie before she sat out the thumpa thumpa. He said in Justin’s ear, “I promised Debbie a dance, and then I’m coming back for you, pretty boy.” Justin smiled at him, a sexy smile that would make sure that he did just that. Brian chuckled.


He walked to the table Debbie and Carl shared with Ben and Mikey. “Carl, may I take away your beautiful companion for a dance?”


Carl nodded with a grin. “Yes, but you’re the last one. I have yet to dance with her myself, so after this, the lady is mine.”


“Feel free to cut in, if you want to dance cheek to cheek. We are going to go into club mode pretty soon.”


“Cheek to cheek is good, but despite my advanced age, I don’t mind the club mode. Doesn’t that mean the lights go down and you dance grinding against your partner? I could definitely get into that…”


Debbie gave him a generous kiss, leaving him a little flustered. “I’m holding you to that, you dirty old man…” she said.


Brian took her hand and valsed her around the dance floor as she laughed.


“You did good, kiddo,” she said, smiling, when they moved on to more sedate steps. “That boy’s smile when it dawned on him what was going on was the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen.” She shook her head at him. “It’s going to take us all a while to get use to the fact that you are no longer the heartless asshole you used to be. I’m sure it was a progressive thing, but from afar it’s a shock, I can tell you.”


“I’ve finally faced the fact that it takes a lot more guts to care than to not give a shit. I was a fucking coward for years, Deb.” He chuckled. “Do you know what loving means to me? It means choosing to be scared shitless for the rest of my life. And Justin gives me the strength to make that choice, everyday. He makes it worth it.”


“You can’t tell me you didn’t love before. That’s horseshit,” answered Debbie. “What about Gus? You have loved that baby since the day he was born. And what about Michael, and all of us?”


“For Gus, the potential was there, but as in everything else, I took the easy road and purposely blew it, again and again. I gave up my parenting rights for fuck's sake. I was never there for him, and after I moved, I chose never to think about him. I knew in time he’d forget me. But that was before. I’m going to let myself love that boy…” He looked at her candidly. “But there was never any danger for me in loving Mikey. I could hurt him anytime I wanted, because I knew he always loved me twice as much. As for the rest of you, do you really think Ted, or Mel, or even Emmett even thought I cared? Only you and Lindz ever occasionally saw through me, and I made sure you still hated me half the time.”


He twirled her around. “And don’t think that’s going to change. I can promise you that I’ll still be a heartless asshole. It’s just too much fun to give up.”


Debbie looked at him and laughed. “Yes, but now, I’m on to you…”


Brian gave her a wicked grin. “You always were, but I could still get your goat anytime I wanted. And I still will.” He kissed her cheek and bowed, leaving his place to Carl, who had just tapped his shoulder.


His eyes scanned for Justin. He was dancing with a beautiful African American woman. Wow. It was Detective Hamill. She looked very different tonight than she did at the precinct, in her cop’s persona. Justin was making her laugh her head off, dancing some kind of modified Lindy Hop with her.


He spotted Scott, Steven, Alex, Rob, Curtis and Lindy sitting around a table, obviously having a good time. Brandon was dancing with Drew, and Todd with Emmett. Cynthia was taking a spin around the dance floor with Dwayne the maintenance man who was wearing an old fashioned but well cut tuxedo. Good god! The man could dance! He had the same professional moves as Brian’s own teacher. Brian wondered what the story was behind that…


The song came to an end, and when Justin had taken Detective Hamill back to her table he looked around the room. As soon as he saw Brian, his face lit up and he crossed the floor to join him. At some point he had put his jacket back on. He took the white scarf from around his neck, putting it around Brian’s when he reached him. Pulling on the ends, he brought Brian‘s face towards him until their lips met in a light kiss. Speaking against his mouth, his breath smelling of strawberry tartlet, he said, “I want to go home…” and then he kissed Brian again, kissed him like a horny Justin, his tongue in Brian’s mouth and pressing their bodies together. Time to go.


Brian took his hand and smiled at him, and they walked to the ballroom doors. Before leaving, Justin stopped and turned, taking one more look at the room. Brian turned back as well for an instant. Several people caught his eye and smiled, and Brandon, who was slow dancing with Todd gave them a little wave. They weren’t fooling anyone, but neither was anyone going to try to stop them. Brian reflected that those who knew them well were probably surprised they lasted as long as they had. It looked as if everyone was having a great time.


Justin opened the doors and they made their exit. They smiled at each other and ran to the elevator, skidding the last couple meters on the leather soles of their patent leather shoes. The doors opened right away and they stepped on. Brian had to punch the desired button by feel, as he had his arms full of Justin and his mouth full of tongue, with Justin's hard cock rutting against his thigh. He grabbed his husband’s ass to encourage him by holding him even closer, pressing his leg against Justin’s crotch, and attacked Justin’s mouth unrestrainedly.


They were passing the eighth floor when Justin’s body started to tremble, and Brian pulled out of the kiss, watching Justin’s face as he reached his climax, staring unabashedly at Brian through half closed lids, moaning as each jet of sperm left his body. He looked so sexy and beautiful. Brian supported his full weight for a minute until Justin regained his footing and smiled a slow, completely sexual smile at him that sent all of Brian’s blood to his groin. Brian’s cock was so hard it ached, and he could feel precome soaking his boxers. He closed his eyes and bit his lip when Justin pressed his hand on it through his pants.


“I am so going to give you head in the car,” Justin promised, squeezing just so… The doors of the elevator opened, and they stepped into the garage where Jessica’s limo was waiting, motor running. Obviously, Brook had noticed their getaway. Jessica’s maid opened the car door for them, smiling. They got in. The chauffeur looked over his shoulder and said, “Congratulations, Gentlemen. We have about a twenty-five minute drive. I will let you know when we are almost there.”

 

 

“Thank you.”

 

 

“Thanks.”

 

 

With that, a tinted partition came up, almost completely cutting off the sounds of the engine. Before the car had even pulled out of the garage, Justin had already undone Brian‘s belt and fly, and by the time they pulled into traffic, Brian's cock was engulfed in sweet warmth and suction, Justin’s laughing blue eyes watching him as he swallowed around the head and hummed, making Brian hiss in pleasure.


He closed his eyes, and savored the first blowjob ever given him by his lawfully wedded husband. Justin made no attempt at rushing or torturing him. He was just giving him as much pleasure as he could, making love to his cock with his lips, throat and tongue, bringing him slowly but surely closer and closer to release. Brian relaxed, trusting Justin to take care of him in the nicest possible way.


Soon he had forgotten everything but the amazing sensations coming from his dick, and was not even aware of how lucky it was that the back seat of the limo was completely soundproof. By the time he erupted in Justin mouth, crying out his name, he felt his orgasm from the sole of his feet to the root of his hair, emptying his balls, his brains, his entire substance down his husband’s throat.


Justin let the spent cock shrink in his mouth, nestled in wonderful warmth and wetness. Brian petted his soft blond hair with hands that had little motor control remaining as everything in the world returned to its rightful place. He could not help but sigh repeatedly, until finally the chauffeur’s voice came through a speaker.


“I am pulling onto your street, gentlemen. You will be home in two minutes.”


Justin carefully and lovingly tucked Brian back in his boxers and pants, refastening his belt, making sure he was completely presentable. Brian welcomed him in his arms, putting the blond hair to right, and kissing the pink swollen lips. They smiled at each other.


“I love you so fucking much, Sunshine.”


“You just say that because I give such good head,” replied Justin.


Brian grinned. “It does weigh in your favor…”


The chauffeur opened their door. They both thanked him for the ride and bid him good night. In the elevator, they stood on opposite sides of the cabin, gazing appreciatively at one another, while Brian pretended to try to decide what he was going to do to Justin first when he got him in bed. In truth he knew full well what he wanted, having fantasized about it more and more as this day got closer.


He wanted to eat Justin’s ass (big fucking surprise!) until his hole was relaxed and shiny with spit and Justin was begging for Brian’s cock and then push in, naked, able to feel again Justin’s anus opening around him like a flower, his bare true velvety warmth encasing his dick, the smallest of Justin’s motion sucking and caressing him.


Justin’s pants were tented over his growing erection, and Brian promised himself to find out later what exactly Justin had been thinking about on this elevator ride. On the top floor, Justin lifted the elevator gate, and Brian dialed the entry code. Justin slid the door to the loft open but before he’d had a chance to step over the threshold, Brian scooped him up in his arms and carried him over.


“Welcome home, Mr. Kinney.”


Justin giggled, and they kissed, Brian still holding him in his arms. Brian started to walk to the bedroom, intending on dumping Justin on the bed and attacking him, when in the soft lighting he noticed a painting. It was sitting on the top step of the platform and resting on the closed middle partition of their bedroom. One of the spotlights had been redirected to it for perfect illumination. He let Justin's feet slide back to the floor, holding him close to his body and stared.


A year ago, he had cruised Justin. In the next few months, he had flirted with him, courted him, seduced him. He had convinced him to give him a one night stand, then had pursued him into giving more. He had talked him into a commitment, charmed him into moving in, managed to have him forgive him, pushed him into being monogamous, and in one night had surprised him into acquiescing to be his fiancé and then his husband.


All along, Justin had come enthusiastically for the ride. Brian had not even been aware that somewhere, deep inside, he had wondered if he had just brilliantly sold every step of it to Justin, being after all an ad man extraordinaire. There had been an unrecognized spark of worry that he had somehow pushed Justin to where Brian wanted to go, maneuvering him, sweet talking him, manipulating him into what was Brian’s dream, but not necessarily Justin’s.


And just as this potentially heartbreaking realization came to the fore, in front of him was his answer. Justin loved him, heart, body and soul, with no hesitations, no apologies, no regrets. Out of everything and everyone on this earth, Justin wanted him, loved him, without the smallest doubt, the smallest reservation. Justin was exactly where he wanted to be, where he had chosen to be, now and forever.


It wasn’t until Justin wiped them off of his cheeks with his soft fingertips that Brian realized tears had been running down his face.


“Brian?”


Brian took off his jacket and chuckled as he wiped his face on his sleeve. “Help me, Sunshine.”


Justin took off his jacket as well and helped Brian remove the naked man from his wall. Then they went to their bedroom and took off the red painting, which they placed where the naked man used to be. It looked magnificent with their rug. Then they carried the new painting to their bedroom, hanging it in the most private spot in the loft, far from prying eyes. It was smaller than the red painting, and somehow made the room appear more intimate. They looked at it from the foot of the bed.


“Why here?” asked Justin.


“It’s the most precious thing I own. It’s not for anyone else to see, except maybe Brandon and Todd.” He turned to Justin. “I wish I could give you something that would bare my soul to you, so you would know how I feel.”


Justin looked at the ring on his finger and smiled, looking back at him. “You gave me tonight, Brian. I can’t hang it on a wall, but I’ll never forget it, and it told me exactly how you feel.” Then Justin playfully took Brian’s hand and put it on his swollen cock. “But in case you have more to say, or you really want to drive the point home, I’m sure you can think of some way to do so…”



To be continued...



Everyday LaShaun                                             

Dressed up LaShaun

Dressed up Hunter

Molly

Detective Hamill, all dolled up...

Nehama and Lamont Chanders