- Text Size +

 

 

Justin watched while his father argued with Debbie. She was insisting he come to her house and stay, while his dad wanted him to go home with him. No one seemed to ask him where he wanted to go. Not that he knew where he wanted to go. His apartment was tainted by Tevye's wrath. What kind of person kills an innocent pet frog?

He was sitting in middle of Debbie's living room. It had only been a few hours since his life was turned upside down. All of his clothes were ripped up to shreds, along with all of his art in the apartment. Everything from sketches to a painting he had been working on. Every single thing he owned was trashed, all he had was the clothes on his back.

Ethan had clammed up as soon as the cops had gotten there. He wasn't going to press charges against Tevye for his attack. He was also saying now that he didn't remember who was in the apartment. Justin didn't know why Ethan was acting that way now, but he never understood the guy.

His dad told him that they didn't have enough on Tevye. The only one who saw him was Ethan, who changed his story. They would bring him in for questioning but didn't sound very optimistic. He also said that Tevye was the nephew of Police Chief Stockwell. The man was a Grade A homophobe but he was ferociously protective of his friends and family.

Brian and his friends had left after his dad and Debbie descended on him. He wished they had stayed a little longer. It felt like he was being tugged two different ways. He was still in shellshock when they arrived; so he let him take him away. At the time he just wanted to get away from the place, it felt tainted in more ways than one.

"He'll be perfectly safe here, he has Vic and me to look after him," Debbie yelled at his dad.

"He's my son, he needs to be at home. I can protect him better there."

Justin quietly stood up and slipped out the door, they were still too busy arguing to notice him. He lucked out and the bus was coming down the street. It was a short trip to his destination. A few months ago, his go to person was Daphne. That wasn't an option anymore, she had abandoned him. She wanted no part of him anymore; it was clear when she didn't return his call. Now he found himself standing on the sidewalk outside of Brian's loft, again.





When things get too intense Brian always made himself scarce. After the frog incident he took off, but only after the kid was safely in the hands of Mr. and Mrs. Parental Unit. The first thing he did was find a trick. He tried hard to get the blonde with sad blue eyes out of his head.

Returning to his loft he knew that was easier said than done. Sitting in front of his door was said blonde. Justin saw him and scrambled to his feet.

"Hi, I hope I'm not bothering you," Justin said sheepishly.

Instead of answering Brian unlocked the door and let Justin in. Following Justin inside, he headed to the fridge. He grabbed a bottle of water and offered one to Justin.

"Thanks."

"So, what's up?" he asked casually.

"I just got tired of my dad and Debbie fighting over me. Deb wants me to stay with her and Vic and my dad wants me to stay with him and Molly."

"What do you want?"

"I don't know. I wanted to get my own place before this. But now I have to start all over again. I don't have anything. But more than that, I don't want to be alone."

"Well, you have two people wanting you to stay with them."

"But I don't want to be treated like a child," Justin whined.

"Then don't pout like one." Brian could see the storm in Justin's eyes. The kid had a shit day, he didn't need to be adding towards it. "You can stay here tonight," he volunteered.

"Thanks."

Arms wrapped around Justin's waist. He knew it wasn't Brian because he was leaning against the bar watching Justin intently. Brian had surprised him all night. Usually, Brian would be spending most of his time in the backroom.

This was the first time that Justin had joined Brian and the gang out. It was the first time he felt like going out, and the first time Brian felt comfortable with taking him out. It seemed Brian was a tad worried that Tevye was lying in wait for Justin. The concern that Brian had shown him made his heart soar. Brian would never admit to caring about him but Justin knew, and that was enough for him.

Justin's eyes widened as Brian made a beeline for Justin and his dance partner.

"Fuck off," Brian growled at the stud, pulling Justin out of the guys embrace.

Justin inwardly grinned when Brian possessively wrapped his arms around him.

Justin had been staying at Brian's loft for two weeks. He had replaced his clothes with his new bank account. He had enough money to get a really great place but he didn't want to be alone. Daphne was still ignoring his calls. He really missed her and kept apologizing to her voicemail; that was until last time when the robotic voice said the voicemail was full.

Staying with Brian was a mixed bag. Sometimes the man was really sweet and considerate but others, it was like someone flipped a switch and he was angry, bordering on violent. It was times like that that scared Justin the most. He had never been violent with Justin but he was scared that would change.

Brian hated messes, Justin could admit he was a little bit of a slob. Then there was the night before. It was after Emmett had made a comment about Brian becoming domesticated. It was almost as Brian was punishing Justin for the comment.

He had come home to Brian fucking some trick in the same bed Brian held and made love to him. The guy was Justin's complete opposite: big, buff and dark. After Brian and the trick both left, Justin curled up on the couch and cried. He no longer wanted to stay at Brian's. Was is so much to ask for someone that only wanted him? For two weeks he thought that was Brian. Sure he knew Brian still tricked but never in front of him, not until that night

When his dad called him and invited him out for lunch, he leapt at the offer. He really hadn't seen his dad much in the last two weeks. Tevye had gotten off completely with the destruction and murder of Jerry. Ethan refused to make a statement to the police. He had gone home to Delaware for the summer, well hopefully just the summer. His hand was messed up pretty bad, his mother had set up for a specialist to look at it.

Justin sat sketching Kiki while waiting for his dad. "Oh sugar, if you were a couple inches taller, we would have some fun," Kiki joked as she poured some more coffee. Justin had gotten used to Kiki's backhanded comments. He really liked her so he put up with them, but Kiki always found flaws with people. Justin suspected it was her way to deal with not accepting herself for so long.

The door chimed and he saw his dad's big form walking towards him. He stood up and gave his dad a big hug which his dad returned.

"It's great to see you kid," his dad said, before sliding into the booth.

"You too, I've been kind of busy lately. Sorry about that." Getting in the booth opposite of his dad.

"Ahh, yes, busy with That Brian."

"It's not That Brian, Dad. It's just Brian." Justin withheld the eye roll. His father had not been happy with his decision to stay at Brian's.

"Sorry," his father said, but Justin knew he wasn't. "So, you guys are a couple now?"

"No, Dad. Brian doesn't do relationships. He's just letting me stay at his loft for a while. I've been thinking of getting another place though."

"That's good. Debbie's told me all about Brian, I just don't want you to be hurt by him." His dad started drinking the coffee Kiki sat down for him, the one he didn't even have to order. He had been there enough visiting Debbie that everyone knew his order. Coffee and whatever was the pink plate special.

"Nothing is going on between me and Brian. He's just letting me stay at his place."

"That makes me feel better. I was worried you were still—you know—with the man."

Justin did know what his dad was talking about, his cheeks tented at the thought of his dad talking about his sex life. He decided to let it go, his dad didn't need to know he had sex with Brian multiple times a day.

"How is Molly?" Justin asked, changing the subject.

His dad transformed his worried face to a happy one. "She just left for camp. She'll be home in six weeks. Are you still looking for a job? What's your plans?"

"I don't know. With everything going on I don't want to set a routine for Tevye to follow. I don't trust him."

Justin saw his father's face darken at the mention of Tevye.

"Neither do I. Jus, I have something to talk to you about. I want you to know it was Debbie's idea, but I did agree to it."

A bad feeling settled in his gut. "What?"

"I – uh – well, there's this guy at work. He's your sort."

Justin looked at his dad incredulously. Was his dad really trying to say what he thought he was?

"Are you trying to set me up on a blind date?"

"He's closer to your age. Nice kid. Twenty-four, been on the job for a few months. Good looking kid too, you know if that's your sort of thing."

This time he didn't stop the eye roll. "Yes, Dad being attractive is a plus. I don't really want-" his words were cut off by the door chime. In walked Brian Fucking Kinney, with that stupid smirk of his. The same one he gave Justin as he fucked the trick all the while looking at Justin.

"Sure, Dad. Set it up." Hell, maybe the guy would be perfect for him.