- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

The days ran together so much that she didn't know what day it was. Or even what month. She had been in the little room almost since she stepped off the airplane. It was a terrible mistake that she and her baby were paying for. On the plane she had decided it was a foolhardy mission and to give it up.

 

When she got off the plane, her plan was to get the next one home. She should have stayed in the terminal but she didn't. The next flight wasn't until the next morning. She had left to stay at the airport motel. That was when he saw her. He wasn't supposed to be there. They were supposed to meet the next day.

 

He didn't even leave her with the chance to call him. Grabbing her as she walked across the dark motel parking lot. It was quick and before she really knew what was happening her arms and legs were tied up and her mouth gagged. Her phone and all of her things were taken that first night.

 

She had worn the same clothes for the first week or so. Then he threw in a nightshirt and pajama pants. She refused to put them on for another few days. She felt filthier than she ever had in her life. He gives her food and water once a day. And surprisingly enough he lets her have her prenatal vitamins.

 

Never had he touched her that wasn't to move her around. She was thankful about that but his silence was troublesome. He had barely spoken any words to her. She knew who he was because of her research. This was the man who attacked Justin. But she couldn't figure out want he wanted with her. If he knew who she was why not just let it go and take off? Why not beat her? Why not gloat and terrorize? He did none of that. It was like he was keeping an unwanted pet. Keeping her in a room, feeding her when he remembered.

 

There was a bathroom joined to the room. It didn't have a shower or tub, just a toilet and sink. It was one reason he didn't worry about giving her drinks all that much. The room and bathroom have no windows.

 

Every so often he will take her to the main bathroom and she can shower. The windows there are barred. He's still always so silent. She's begged him to tell her what she's doing there.

 

She's about seven months pregnant, she guesses, when he finally starts to talk. It's then she wishes he hadn't.

 

"I think I'll miss you a little bit. I've grown used to you being here," he says one day when he brings the food. It is cold potato soup, but she's starving so she doesn't mind. She's much too thin to be this far along, she's worried about the baby's health but the man doesn't care.

 

"Where am I going?" she asks, her voice rough from non-usage.

 

"Well, I can't keep you around after the baby is born." A chill ran up her spine at those words.

 

"Why not?"

 

"Too many questions. It's better if I just tell them the truth. That the baby's mother died shortly after birth." He sets the food down on the bed.

 

"Why did you take me?" she asked for what felt like the millionth time. This time she was surprised when she is answered.

 

"It's a funny story really. At one time I had friends and family who loved me. Then one day a little blonde ruined everything. I had to start my life all over again. This time with sex offender tacked on to it. It was a load of bull that kid was asking for it."

 

Daphne barely kept quiet, she wanted to scream and yell that Justin didn't want it and he was just a child. But she wasn't sure he would keep to his non-violence with her then.

 

"Years later I get this email, you gave too much of yourself away with the first one. It was easy to track and find you. I knew what school you went to and where you lived. I decided to see who I was really talking to, so it was by great surprised I see you walking home with a certain blonde.

 

"I wanted to grab him and kill him at that moment, but I restrained. I flew back home and tried to forget about you both, I really did. But you just wouldn't let up. Finally, you started to talk about your little friend. It didn't take a genius to figure that one out. My plan was to kill you last year, sent him your head. But you never came, shame really." He started pacing the floor like a caged animal.

 

"When you got off the plane this year I wasn't taking any chances. The plan was to still kill you but play with the blonde a little before that. But I was shocked when I went through your bag and found prenatal vitamins. So my plans changed yet again. I couldn't find a wife with the title sexual predator over my head. And I always wanted to be a father, now in two months or so, I will be."

 

The food she just ate rose back up. What had she done? She had cursed her baby to a life with a predator. She had to get out of there or die trying, because dying was already on the schedule apparently.