- Text Size +

 


 


When Brian arrived at the hospital he was informed that Justin had been discharged. Cursing quietly to himself for not coming straight over after talking to Deb. Stopping at the Baths' could have waited. He had just wanted to relieve some unwanted tension.


Asking the nurses who picked him up had been a waste of time. His guess was the good detective had his lost little sheep already under lock and key.


He thought about going back to work but decided against it, not really feeling up to dealing with incompetent coworkers. So he went to get a drink instead, it was proof enough about his own parentage.


Arriving back at the loft after having a couple drinks at Woody's. None of his friends had joined him. It was only a little after three in the afternoon, they had other things to do apparently.


Unlocking his door he slid it open. As he went to disable the alarm he noticed it already was.


What the hell?


He knew for a fact he set the alarm before he left, like he did every time he left. With as many men he had going in and out, it was a necessity. It was then a noise caught his attention.


"I loved you, and this is how you treat me. You slept with my sister," a high pitched voice shrieked.


"Baby, I slept with her yeah, but that kid ain't mine," a raspy male voice said.


Brian's eyes found the source of the love triangle. On his TV was a junk daytime program. On his couch was Justin, his eyes closed with the remote laying on his stomach.


"Turn that shit off," he growled.


It was funny to see the boy jump up. He still had no idea why he was there, not that he was complaining, at least inwardly.


Justin smiled shyly at him as he turned off the drivel he had been watching before he fell asleep.


"Don't you already have enough 'baby mama' drama?"


He was sure Daphne had told him about the baby. She had been very adamant about it, he didn't think she would change her mind.


"No drama, when the baby is born, I'm going to raise him."


Even though he knew that's what Justin would choose he still felt it was wrong. He was a fucking kid himself.


"It might not be your baby."


He didn't know if Daphne had been completely honest about the baby's paternity. He knew Deb said Justin didn't remember sleeping with her.


"She told me all about the other guy. The chances the baby is mine are much higher. We didn't use any protection, she did with him. She was more fertile during our time." Brian cringed. "I know it's more than I wanted to know about a woman's reproductive system too."


Brian thought he was done with all that when Gus was conceived.


"How did you get here?" Brian asked, deciding to bring the baby up later.


"Michael brought me. He helped me get settled then left to go back to the store, Emmett was taking care of it for him."


"Why here? Why not your old man's house?" He hated the feeling of pleasure that filled him knowing Justin came to the loft instead.


"I don't need my dad to treat me like a child. I wanted to go home but it appears I don't have my apartment anymore. I need to work on getting a two bedroom." Justin sat up and Brian sat beside him. "I was able to check my bank account, I'm not sure how I got that money but I need it. I'm sure I'll remember it soon enough, I have faith I'll get all my memories back."


"Doesn't it scare you that you have these blank spots in your memory?" He couldn't imagine having parts of his life he couldn't remember, and worse that others seemed to have the answers to that he desperately wanted.


"It kind of did in the beginning. But I trust my family completely. I'm not too sure about Deb, Michael, Emmett and the rest but as long as I have my dad, brother and sisters I'll be fine. They have never let me down before." His smile was so bright and trusting - it was something Brian had never seen before, and it killed him that it wasn't because of him.


When Deb had said he was more suspicious, Brian was actually proud of the kid. But that wasn't it, Justin was just suspicious of the new people in his life, his family and Daphne were approve reproach. Brian couldn't even tell Justin the truth because the doctor advised against it.


"So if you don't trust me why are you here?" he asked, sounding more pissed off than he planned.


Justin blinked up at him. "I didn't say I didn't trust you. I trust you almost as much as my dad." That made him feel a little better, that Justin trusted him.


Brian was lost in his head when he was jolted out of it. A hand making its way to his crotch. He looked at Justin's face and saw the leer he was looking at him with.


"What are you doing?" Brian asked, raising his eyebrow.


"What does it look like?" Justin removed his hand and quickly straddled Brian's lap.


"Don't you have a boyfriend?" Brian knew he didn't remember Vas but he thought someone had told Justin about him.


"If I don't remember him, it doesn't count. Anyway, Molly didn't like him, she said he gave her a bad feeling. You on the other hand she talks highly about. Now less talk." He started kissing down Brian chin and rubbing his hands over his chest.


"I'm not going to take advantage of you," he said, but was unsure if Justin heard him because he didn't let up on his wandering hands.


"You're not taking advantage of me. I might have some trouble remembering things but sex with you wasn't one, or even the want to have sex with you. I remember our first night, I hoped it would last forever. Why didn't it?" Justin's paused and looked at Brian.


"What do you mean?" Brian asked in a tortured voice.


"I don't remember the next morning. What happened, why aren't we together if you had sex and fell in love?"


For the first time since meeting the kid, Brian saw how young he really was. Maybe it was because he broke his heart so early, and now Justin had forgotten that Brian had kicked him to the curb after giving himself freely to the older man.


Try as he might he couldn't make the same mistake again. For the first time in his life he decided the truth wouldn't be for the best. After losing Justin to Vas he knew he had made a mistake, no matter how much in denial he was in at the time. That was not going to happen again. He wasn't talking about monogamy or the dreaded relationship shit people talked about. No this would be something that would work for both of them.


Justin left him for Vas because Brian didn't give him what he thought he wanted. Now all Brian had to do was find a happy medium for them both. He felt a pang of guilt about not being completely truthful…until Justin slid off of him and started to undress.


This wasn't the same kid from before, this one didn't have nightmares of his past threatening him. This one was fearless and so much more uninhabited that it made him rock hard. He just hoped when Justin got his memory back this fireball didn't go away. Timid, sweet Justin was far away replaced by this sexy, unashamed, blonde stud-in-the-making. If there was a way to mix the two together, he would be unstoppable.


Coming up in the next chapter- Justin and Daphne's child is born.