- Text Size +

 

 

Justin walked around his loft apartment trying to get Briana asleep. He had looked at many apartments. The only problem was that his dad and Brian had a problem with each of the apartments. It was mostly security with both of them. They lucked out and found out the man who lived in the loft just under Brian's was moving to Alabama. What a drag queen was going to do in Alabama he had no clue.

Justin had sublet the loft from the man, he was lucky the man was leaving most of his furniture. All Justin needed to buy was a bed and some kitchen supplies. He had even sort of made up with his dad. They talked but he could tell he was still disappointed in him.

Briana was growing every day; she had also become his whole world. When he told Daphne he wanted the baby it was because he thought she would change her mind. He didn't want her to lose the chance of ever being a mother to their daughter. There was no way to know that he would fall so hard for her. He knew now that if Daphne came back asking for Briana he wouldn't give her up. Not that he wanted to keep Daphne from her. No, they would just have to work out joint custody.

It was almost time for Briana to wake up and eat. Justin had worked out a nice schedule for feedings, and then Briana made him throw it out. It surprised him that Brian would visit him between work and going out. Sometimes they had sex but most of the time Brian would hold her while Justin took a nap.

The knock on his door startled him. It was too late to be his dad and Brian usually was too busy with his latest trick this time of night.

"Open the damn door, Sunshine."

Justin let out the breath he had been holding. He hated being scared of who was behind the door every time someone knocked. Ever since he got his memory back he had been waiting for his attacker to come back and finish the job. He knew who it was, but had decided not to go to the police. There was no reason anymore. That part of his life was over, he wasn't planning on opening it back up again.

He walked to the door and unlocked it. Brian slid it open and stepped inside.

"What are you doing here this time of night?"

"I need my cock sucked."

"Brian, the baby can hear you," he chided.

"She doesn't understand, anyway she's asleep." Looking into Brian's eyes Justin could see how unfocused he was.

"Are you drunk?"

"Nope."

"High?"

"Ding-ding-ding. Come upstairs, your bed is too uncomfortable."

Justin rolled his eyes. "You don't have a crib set up."

"Yes I do, I didn't take Gus's down. I have some of her diapers, formula and clothes. Now you don't have any reason not to come."

He could have just told Brian to go to hell but he really did want to sleep with him. Not only was the sex amazing but he loved being held in those strong arms.

"Fine, lead the way."

He didn't miss Brian's triumphant smirk as he turned to leave the loft.



Brian had been working almost non-stop to save his job. Vance had him working on the Stockwell campaign. He was sure that the man was just biding his time before firing him. Brian had almost quit when Vance told him to work with Stockwell. But that would let the little worm win. So he gritted his teeth and went on.

Because of that sleep was getting a little hard to come by. And now Justin's hellion was crying again. He pulled the pillow off his head and leaned over the bed.

"Shut your damn kid up, Sunshine!" he yelled at the floor.

It wasn't uncommon for the baby to wake up and cry for a few minutes. Usually Justin was able to get her back to sleep though. Tonight she had been crying on and off for an hour.

A few minutes the noise stopped, and he was able to fall back asleep.

Justin buckled Briana into her carrier in his car. There was something seriously wrong with her. She would cry and then try and catch her breath. Her breathing was more wheeze now.

As soon he was through the door at the emergency room he made a beeline for the intake nurse.

"My daughter is having trouble breathing."

The nurse looked at him disapprovingly, not that he cared. The nurse turned to the intake receptionist and grabbed a clip board the woman was handing out.

"Put her name on this." Then he handed him a different clipboard. "Then fill these papers out and give them back. We will get to you as soon as possible."

Justin wanted to argue because he knew that trouble breathing was supposed to be seen right away. But he also had learned a while ago that arguing with the ones in charge never helps. So he grabbed the clipboard and carrier then took her to an uncomfortable chair. Briana was still crying but now it was more weakened, more gasping.

He quickly filled out the papers but Briana's name was called before he was done. Grabbing her carrier he took her to the nurse calling his name. He was led through a double door to a room with three beds with curtains separating them.

"Okay, what's wrong with Briana?" the new nurse asked. She didn't look as judging as the intake nurse but she didn't seem very nice.

"She's sick. Her nose runs and she's been coughing. Today it got worse because she can't seem to catch her breath."

She wrote down something on the pad she was holding. Then she took Briana's temperature. "Okay, sir, wait here and the doctor will be in."

He stared down at Briana as the woman left the curtained off area. Her breathing was getting worse by the moment. Tears started to run down his face. He was screwing up this whole parenting thing.