- Text Size +

 


 


"Justin, answer your fucking phone," Brian growled into his cellphone.


It had been two days since the papers arrived. The first day, Brian went with Justin to the DNA facility to get the paternity test. Briana was none the wiser to what was going on but seemed to be feeding off Justin's anxiety. She wouldn't calm down unless Brian was holding her, she usually loved Justin holding her but something about his demeanor made her balk.


Justin had gotten so upset the night before that he had just disappeared. It wasn't like Justin not to call and check on Briana. The whole thing made Brian worry. The last words Justin said were "I can't deal with this, take care of Briana for me."


He thought at most Justin would go out drinking and come back smashed. But he hadn't come back at all. He hadn't left a message and his phone was turned off. Brian had left several messages but stopped expecting Justin to call.


Brian had to leave Briana with Michael while he went to work. He was worried if he left her with anyone else he wouldn't get her back. He knew as soon as Justin's dad and Deb learned that Justin was MIA and Brian had the baby they would take her from him. Six months ago he wouldn't have minded, in fact he would have insisted, because he hadn't fallen in love with the little girl then. She had her father's smile though, an easy smile to fall in love with. He had never needed the paternity test, she was a darker girl version of Justin, and she even had little blonde ringlets.


He'd never admit to anyone, especially Justin himself but when the twink wormed his way into his life worming his way into his heart wasn't far behind. Now he had Gus, Justin and Briana in his life he couldn't imagine losing any one of them. He would be damned If he would let some asshole who apparently was married come and take his family away from him.


He found a parking spot close to Michael's comic book store. Michael was able to keep Briana at work with him. It was one of the perks of having his own business. Brian would have been able to do that but he was way too busy. Michael did okay business but it really didn't pick up until after school was out.


Brian walked into the store and heard the chime. Looking around he tried to find any sign of Mikey or Briana but didn't see them.


"Mikey," he called out. "Where the hell are you?"


He heard some noise from the storage room and then Michael's head popped out.


"Hey, Brian, what are you doing here?"


Brian scowled at his best friend. "What do you think I'm doing here? Where's Briana?" he asked looking around again for the baby.


"What do you mean?"


A pit settled into his stomach at Michael's words. He had given Michael specific instructions on how to care for her. If he had called Deb to come and get her he was going to kill him.


"Her mother came to get her. She said you two worked it out. I called your cell but didn't get an answer. Then I called Justin but he wasn't answering either. I didn't have any right not to let her take her."


"She doesn't have any rights to take her. She gave them up. Why didn't you just call the office and have Cynthia get me? Daphne didn't want Briana six months ago and hasn't even seen her since then. Why the hell would you just give Briana to her? You knew this," he snarled.


There was no way he could stay there a second longer without tearing Michael apart. He stormed out of the store ignoring Michael's pleading. Briana had been taken by Daphne and she could be anywhere by now. He tried Justin's phone one more time but it went to voicemail again. For the first time in a long time he felt like he was going to cry.


He threw his phone onto the seat beside him and tore out of his parking spot. The need to burn the city down to find her was riding him hard. The first place he had to go was to Justin's father. He could make the missing person report for Justin and the kidnapping report for Briana.


"I'm here to see Detective Horvath," Brian said to the desk sergeant.


"Kinney?"


Brian looked up to see Justin's ex, the one he thought was transferring out. Justin didn't tell him much but he did say that he had resolved his problems with the man.


"Where's Carl?" he demanded, not in the mood for chatting.


Before Vas could say anything more the man in question arrived.


"What are you doing here, Kinney?" Carl asked.


"Daphne kidnapped Briana, and I can't get a hold of Justin."


"What do you mean Daphne kidnapped Briana. She gave up her rights. She hasn't even seen her since she was born."


"I know that, now do what you need to do."


"What's that?"


Brian was about to lose his fucking temper. "Find her, you are the police right? You are her grandfather right?"


"It's a sticky situation, Brian."


"No, it's really not. Let me explain this to you since you seem to be having trouble understanding. Daphne gave up all parental rights to Briana. She went in front of a judge and declared that. Justin has had Briana for six months. Six months of sleepless nights, hospitalization, doctor appointments, teething, and every other thing that happened in those six months. Daphne wasn't there to take care of Briana when Justin needed a break - I was. I was the one to rock Briana to sleep when Justin was too exhausted to move. I was the one who bought that breathing machine because the crap medical insurance Justin had for her wouldn't cover it." He was ranting now and he knew it but he didn't have many options.


"I'll contact Daphne's parents," Carl said, his tone was way too calm for the situation.


"Aren't you going to go out and find her?" he demanded.


"Brian, she's Briana's mother."


"No, she gave up that right," he snarled back. Daphne had been a scared teenage girl who made the only decision she could think of. She could see Briana anytime she wanted. But her showing up days after the paternity papers arrived was very suspicious. He didn't like not knowing what was going on. He also wanted his little girl in his arms, where she was meant to be.


Once he found Justin he was going to kill him. Why out of all the time in the world did he pick now to take off for a few days? Justin knew that Brian had the baby so he wouldn't have been worried about her wellbeing. That was a fucking laugh. He was never going to trust anyone again, be it Michael or Justin. This was done, he was done; as soon as he got Briana back where she belonged he was ending things for good with Justin, there was too much emotions involved.


Justin groaned and fought the need to vomit. He had really fucked up this time. Brian and he weren't exclusive – far from it really, but this was bad even for him. He had gone out to Babylon last night and let lose - for the first time since Briana was born.


Memories flooded back to him of the prior night. Drinking his weight in alcohol and leaving Babylon when he could barely stand. His plan had been simple, go back home and apologize to Brian for running out on him like a kid. He had started to pass a bunch of guys when he realized he was in trouble. The taunts and the hate-filled words started to be yelled at him. Even as tanked-up as he was he knew he was in trouble?


It took him a moment to realize the ring leader was none other than his one-time tormenter, Chris Hobbs. He had given Chris the occasional hand job at school but he did that mostly to keep the guy from being even more of an asshole to him.


There was no one around when Chris and his posse pushed him to the ground. Three kicks in and he sobered enough to try and figure a way out. Another kick and he started to feel the kicks the alcohol had covered in the beginning.


It was then he heard someone running towards them. Chris and his goons took off, his rescuer helped him up. The guy invited him back to his place, and because he didn't want Brian to see him hurt, he had agreed.


There had been many mistakes in his life he wished he could change. But this one took the cake, it really did. He tried to pull his hands down from the bed post. He still had no luck though, he was still handcuffed to the bed. Just like he had been when he woke up that morning. The drugs the man had forced down his throat had kept him calm. He knew he should be freaking out. After all he was being held captive. He was scared of what was going to happen to him. Of what was going to happen to Brian and Briana. But whatever the man gave him made all his problems seem so very far away.


The man hadn't done anything to him that Justin didn't allow… so far. Justin had consented to the kinky sex the man had insisted on. But after it was over he expected the handcuffs to be removed, they weren't. When he started yelling and calling the guy a freak and weirdo, which was when the guy forced some pill down his throat. For a minute he thought he would throw it up but that didn't happen. A little while later everything seemed to get very unimportant.


"You're awake." The man hadn't slept in the bed with him, it probably would have been difficult with Justin handcuffed to the brass bars of the bed.


Justin snorted. "And you're a genius." Really what the hell was he supposed to do? Justin before the bash to the head would have been pissing his pants. But he just couldn't seem to find that Justin anymore.


Why hadn't he just stayed at home? He closed his eyes as the man back towards him. He was still wearing the ugly mask he had been during sex. He hadn't been able to see his rescuer/kidnapper since the man helped him the night before. Justin didn't know why the guy was hiding his face. It had to be good news thought. If he was hiding his face that meant he wasn't going to kill him. Right?