- Text Size +

 

 

"Fucking asshole," Michael muttered under his breath but Brian still caught it.

 

"Who's a fucking asshole?" He was sure he didn't do anything… yet.

 

"That's who," Michael said pointing at a polar bear talking to Debbie.

 

"Have problems with bears now?" he questioned.

 

"He's a fucking cop. He works for that homophobic prick running for mayor. He's the one that was called when Ma found the kid in the dumpster. Ma said she met him again last night at the PFLAG meeting."

 

Brian could tell what was really bothering Mikey, and it wasn't that the cop was homophobic. It was the doe eyes his mother was making at the man.

 

Brian kept his mouth shut, telling Mikey that he now worked for said prick would only cause more of a headache.

 

Michael went back to picking at his food. "Are you coming to Woody's tomorrow night?"

 

"I've got to go to Pensacola, Florida tomorrow. Bowers has a sick wife and doesn't want to leave her. But the control freak also wants the pitch made to him personally. Because I'm trying to make partner, I get to be the lucky one to go," Brian said in annoyance.

 

Tonight he would go to Babylon and get a trick or two. His flight was for noon the next day. His wasn't meeting Bowers until Monday morning. He usually liked traveling but he had just gotten back from Chicago a few days ago.

 

"How's the professor?" he asked to get Mikey to stop scowling.

 

"Fine," he said not looking at Brian, his eyes still glued to the couple at the counter.

 

"It's not like they're fucking on the counter." He smirked at Michael when he looked at him. "Yet."

 

"Shut up, asshole." Mikey was really in a snit.

 

He didn't really want to deal with Mikey right then. Deciding it was better to leave while Michael seethed. Maybe he would go to the Baths, it was a slow day.

 

It turned out that he didn't need to go to the Baths. As soon as he left the diner he found a hot muscular guy he hadn't had before. He took the guy back to his loft.

 

"I'm Victor," the stud introduced himself.

 

"Good for you, I'm horny."

 

He quickly discarded his clothes, the trick following suit. The guy was awful at giving head, he was sure he had the teeth marks to prove it. After the asshole then told him he only topped, he told him to get the fuck out. He just felt sorry for anyone how bottomed for the inept man.

 

Maybe he would find someone who actually knows what they're doing. He worked more on his presentation and when Michael called about Babylon he dressed.

 

"Where the fuck have you been?" Michael asked when he met him in front of Babylon.

 

"Working Mikey, not all of us have our own business."

 

"Whatever," Michael bitched.

 

After over fifteen years of friendship he was used to Michael. He was lucky, because really in the best friend lottery Michael was most certainly the loser. Brian called him at any hour to come pick his drunk ass up. He would also drag Michael along while he did his debauchery. So when it was Michael's time of the month, and was a raging bitch; he would put up with him.

 

"He asked her on a date?" Michael said as they stood in line. He wouldn't be there long, he never was.

 

Brian looked up and saw the bouncer wave them in. Of course. Grabbing Michael's hand they walked into the sounds of music and loud talking.

 

"Who are you yammering about?" he asked walking to the bar.

 

"My mom, that asshole cop asked her out."

 

"Good for her, she just like every other gay man. She likes a good cock, can't really blame her for that."

 

He spotted his next target; tall, dark and an ass to die for.

 

"Jesus, Brian, could you not talk about my mom's sex life."

 

"Fine, Mikey, I'll go work on mine instead."

 

He pulled the trick into the backroom with him. This one had much better oral skills than the last. The only problem was he was growing bored. It was all so mundane, he felt like he needed a change in his life.

 

"Can you believe it's only Monday?" Daphne giggled.

 

They seemed like the only sober people there. Everyone else seemed to start drinking as soon as they woke up. He knew drunk people were stupid but he didn't know how annoying they would be. It was like most of the kids were trying to destroy their liver over one week.

 

Daphne and he both made each other promises not to get completely hammered. They had to look after each other. Daphne did spend the night with some loser the night before. He thought Daphne would have better taste. The guy had been hanging around ever since. At least he wasn't some creepy guy, just a dork, much like Daphne. Hell, maybe they were made for each other.

 

He had been hit on but nothing about fall-down-drunk college guys sounded appealing to him. He wanted someone sexy, older and maybe a little dangerous. It had been his dream to lose his virginity to someone special. Someone that he could look back on and remember magic. God, he sounded like such a child. Even Daphne wasn't that picky, she just picked him because they would be together until death anyway. They may have boyfriends or husbands but they were always first to each other.

 

They told each other everything. Daphne told him when she got her first period, she was way too excited about it. He told her what about what happened with C.J., she was held him when he cried. It was the last time he cried. He hadn't even cried when she lost the baby. It was better not to feel anything. He could only trust Daphne; his dad was trying but he wouldn't understand the deep secrets. He had a hard enough time with having a gay son. If Justin were to tell him what happened when he visited C.J., he would just blame him. Probably think he wanted it or deserved it. He couldn't risk having his father think that of him.

 

"What should we do tonight?" Daphne asked. She was sitting in the new guy's lap in their hotel room.

 

Brad was sitting on the couch with his hand on her inner thigh. He really didn't want to spend another night with Romeo and Juliet. He really didn't want to hear them have sex again. They should have given him a warning and he would have made himself scarce. The rules of watching out for each other drew the line when one wanted to have sex.

 

Brad apparently was sharing a room with half a dozen other guys. It was just floor room there. It seems Daphne didn't think that was as romantic as having sex five feet from her supposedly sleeping best friend.

 

"How about Daze?" He had read about it, it sounded like fun. He would be able to go to a gay club without worrying about his dad finding out.

 

"Cool, what it that?" Brad asked.

 

"It's a gay club, it's more into the city but not that far," Justin answered.

 

The guy made a face. "A gay club?" he asked. He didn't sound disgusted, more worried.

 

As if catching on to his discomfort. "Don't worry, I'll put my claim on you when we're there."

 

He had to stop himself from rolling his eyes. Straight guys always thinking gay guys were after them. Maybe there was some guy that wanted him, but it wasn't Justin.

 

"It's a plan," Daphne said excitedly.

 

Brian was driving back to Pensacola from Hiland Park. Bowers wanted him to go and met the other partner of Vivu Company. That man lived out in Hiland Park. So he had to drive the two and a half hours just for the man to say whatever Bowers wanted was good with him.

 

He had to cancel his flight but everything was worked out. Bowers had signed and now his partner Duluth had. So he could go back to Pittsburgh with what he came for, a brand new million dollar client.

 

There was no hurry to get back to Pensacola since he had already checked out of his hotel. He decided to stop in Panama City for the night. It would be easiest just to fly out of there in the morning instead of driving back to Pensacola.

 

Somehow he was able to get a hotel room. Probably because the room he got was in the city. And also too high class to have a bunch of drunk college kids running through it. They were a bit more selective in their clientele.

 

It wasn't that late when he checked in so he decided to go clubbing. Maybe he would get out of the funk he had been in lately.

 

He pulled his rental car into a parking spot in front of Daze, he had been there a couple times before.